Page 579 of 617 FirstFirst ... 79479529569574577578579580581584589 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I strongly disagree that Far Side carries Tsukihime, Arc Route is bad but Ciel's is great.
    Meanwhile Akiha has a great route but the maids are dragged down by the terrible decision of keeping us in a bedroom so long. The saving grace is that it leads up to the best ending and second best endings by far.

Not to mention that the entirety of the Far Side relies heavily on its mysteries to keep up tension and suspense, but ignores the fact that someone who played Near Side already has the answers to all of them.

In isolation I think I'd still put Far Side above Near Side, but compare them and you'll notice a lot of it has the same issues as Arc's Route, even if the story being told is more interesting.

Far side routes kinda bored me tbh. I don't even remember much about them except bits and pieces. Kinda looking forward to see how they rework it.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Well just write your own fanfic. Simple as.

edit: Actually no, not simple as.

Is this, in fact, true? In what respect are the mats and "mouthpieces" (rinspeak) "shown" - emphasis "shown" - to be wrong? What is being "shown" when you say that this is "shown"?

Just gonna focus on the bolded. But gonna establish a few things.

One is that I tend to see at least for nasu, lore, worldbuilding, mouthpiecing and themes are fundamentally incredibly connect if not the same thing at times.

When a character or material/world building says something like my favorite example to use:

"humanity must not be ruled over by the past or servants" then I can just point to fucking extella.

If you make a statement that decisions must be done by humanity or humanity must not be chained by the past, then you unironically have someone you defined as a ghost or the past like servants at minimum co-rule over the future of humanity and you dont directly remark on the above statement or theme in anyway shape or form?. That means your previous theme or concept was shown to be flawed or wrong.

Of course you could say themes can be different in different works. In nasu stuff I disagree for the simple reason is that humanity and its future is such a reoccuring thing at this point as well as literal metaphysics connect to it it feels fucking ludicrious to use that argument.

And I feel nasu's themes rarely are critically examined in such a way. Which is a big problem for the themes he espouses and how he tends to make them absolute or the "right" way of things.

It feels like nasu has fallen into the hole of themes over the characters/people the themes are for, where he can say something then prove it wrong

OR on the flipside instead of something organic ill instead get a character or material lecture me on the right way of things or have some metaphysical law that enforce the premise in a hamfisted way.
    Last edited by Byegod; August 31st, 2022 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Ciel wasn't popular. She was the least popular of the heroines in the OG. Remake changed that... for now. We'll see how she stacks up after Red Garden comes out.

The thing with Mashu is: Similar hairstyle & glasses, the senpai/kouhai thing, they are soft-spoken. That's it.
    The comparison with Rin has a bit more merit, Ciel does like giving you a good infodump. I guess they also share the "must kill my emotions to do my thing but oh no i can't" thing, but that's where the similarities stop really.

True but if we got satsuki in blue glass moon were it really belongs imo, it would be a nice Fate, UBW , hf paralel

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Agree with Tom on the Blue Mash shit. Surface level at best and it's not like they aren't distinct design-wise. Remake is goated but I also love all of OG Tsuki and the Manga adaption(adorable overload and responsible for some of what makes Remake even better). Some of the most memorable and compelling relationships he's written, unique atmosphere and chuuni take on bloodsuckers.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Not sure how unpopular this is, but the character I'm most looking forward to seeing in Far Side remake is SHIKI. I always thought that guy got a raw deal in the OG and seeing as Nasu managed to make Roa pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does here.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Not sure how unpopular this is, but the character I'm most looking forward to seeing in Far Side remake is SHIKI. I always thought that guy got a raw deal in the OG and seeing as Nasu managed to make Roa pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does here.
    I need Shiki to save SHIKI so we can have the Tohno family+Kouma Kino vs western vampire bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Right, well, now it actually is just as simple as writing your own fanfic.

- - - Updated - - -

A fanfic, for instance, where extella is not bad
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is the 456th time Byegod has steered a conversation in unpopular opinions towards the topic of 'people of the past shouldn't control the present' and he has grown increasingly proficient at it.

Maybe look outside of the EXTRAverse for a second, it's bad in there.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    I don't think this is too unpopular. I've seen a lot of people who even say that him not being in Melty is a huge missed opportunity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anything related to SHIKI is an unpopular opinion by default because nobody cares about him all that much.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It always takes me a while to realize people are talking about SHIKI and not just Roa.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I came here through Knk, so everytime SHIKI comes up I thought people are talking about Ryougi's male personality.

死者 Corpse
    US Friend Code
    Luckily lost my account
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Anything related to SHIKI is an unpopular opinion by default because nobody cares about him all that much.
    Well I suppose you are right. He is just part of the story and made to be a hassle to deal with. He isn't all that interesting and he is only there to kill Shiki. So, you got anything to say about SHIKI?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    "humanity must not be ruled over by the past or servants" then I can just point to fucking extella
    And you'd be wrong because:

A) Its "how things should be" statement, not how "they are/would be" statement.

B) Conditions of Extraverse are fundamentally different from main Fate timeline, and would only deviate further, so that sentiment isn't really applicable (also calling Nero and Tamamo co-rulers is a stretch; neither expresses any desire to make decisions on a world-defining level).

C) Extella isn't finished as a series (it was supposed to be a trilogy, I think?).
    Last edited by Blastedspider; September 1st, 2022 at 06:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Forget trilogy. We haven't seen hide nor hair of Extella 2; Link is just a spinoff.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Hopefully it stays that way.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Personally I think "the past should not rule over the present" sentiment exists ("it's a gacha game and we need a protagonist" aside) because it is fundamentally unfair to give a Servant the 2nd chance when neither the living or the majority of the dead get one. Might be fine on a limited scale, like letting them experience the "normal" life they never could but anything beyond would probably be a too indulgent/too good to be true. In Extraverse, however, the game is already over; if humans are to survive they must use "cheats" like Moon Cell. Under such circumstances, anything goes.

(Also notice how in normal Fate worlds "using Grails = bad" but in Extraverse its the opposite).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Hopefully it stays that way.
    I don't want to dash your hopes but considering that Tsukihime Remake led to Melty Blood Remake...
    Last edited by Blastedspider; September 2nd, 2022 at 06:02 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I fully believe Extella is dead.
    We will definitely get more Mooncell stuff, but it won't be Extella. I'd bet it's not going to even follow that timeline at all.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I don't want to dash your hopes but considering that Tsukihime Remake led to Melty Blood Remake...
    The situation isn't quite comparable but that's neither here nor there.
    Wouldn't mind a reworked Extella, there's a decent story in there, it's just buried under mountains of insufferable dialogue. What I actually don't want is a follow-up to the Extella we already have.
    burn your dread you coward