Page 353 of 617 FirstFirst ... 253303343348351352353354355358363403453 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    To my knowledge he came up with (or at least was a proponent of) a theory that Classical Mythology emerged as a result of indigenous "Pelasgian" myths (matriarchal) being mixed with the myths of invading Indo-Europeans tribes (patriarchal). Which is pretty much what happened in Nasuverse, besides the conquerors hailing from the Atlantis.

As for the Gorgons specifically, I think he believed that they were an aspect of the Triple Goddess. The petrifying gaze motif in particular came from the priestesses using masks shaped in their likeness to protect sacred virgins from men during the rituals and mysteries.

You can see the traces of that in Rider: her role as protector of other Gorgons and the Breaker Gorgon respectively.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 17th, 2020 at 08:10 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One gets the impression that large numbers of drugs were involved in this esoteric stuff

honestly sounds so much like the hokum that blavatsky/crowley/et al used in their occult hooha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Well, he was more of a poet than a scholar, but its not like such things don't happen. A number of syncretic religions came around as a result of conquerors spreading their faith amongst the defeated population.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 17th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    poet
    definitely drugs, then
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    To my knowledge he came up with (or at least was a proponent of) a theory that Classical Mythology emerged as a result of indigenous "Pelasgian" myths (matriarchal) being mixed with the myths of invading Indo-Europeans tribes (patriarchal). Which is pretty much what happened in Nasuverse, besides the conquerors hailing from the Atlantis.

As for the Gorgons specifically, I think he believed that they were an aspect of the Triple Goddess. The petrifying gaze motif in particular came from the priestesses using masks shaped in their likeness to protect sacred virgins from men during the rituals and mysteries.

You can see the traces of that in Rider: her role as protector of other Gorgons and the Breaker Gorgon respectively.
    Isn't most of his stuff discredited? i forget was he the skath-skadi guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Isn't most of his stuff discredited? i forget was he the skath-skadi guy?
    As far as a I can tell it was never accepted in the mainstream academic circles. But that hardly matters for a fictional work, isn't it? Graves obviously didn't think that the myhological figures he wrote about were real, at least not in the same way as they are presented in Fate.

What is somewhat weird is the fact that Type-Moon writers seemingly don't do it with other mythologies, even though similar theories do exist (for example, some researches consider Odin and Loki to be Finno-Ugric deities which were incorporated into Scandinavian Pantheon relatively late).

Yes, Scatach-Skadi idea also came from his works.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 17th, 2020 at 08:58 PM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, at the end of the day, they have to come from SOMEWHERE.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a little weird to ascribe some imagination to drugs as if you can't come up with them then without being under the influence.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The distinction between drug-fed creativity and retarded creativity comes from how self-assured drug-fed art is, which as it turns out is often enough to get it sold. What drugs do to you is make you confident that what you do under their influence is the coolest thing ever even long after you've sobered. Doesn't just apply to art, it applies to everything you do in the high. That's why cheap weed is good for society: it kills your productive drive, so overly self-assured druggie idiots don't go on producing while forgoing reflection forever, creating entire convoluted structures of their self-centered schizotypal autism, as they used to in the times of absinthe.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty easy to present the argument to any art student that takes any sort of narcotic that as long as they need the drug to create, they are fundamentally missing something in comparsion to the 30% of their classmates that aren't in fact taking any drugs, and come up with things while sober. Not that they're interested in hearing it, but at least weed filters most of them out. But I'm not sure I've encountered any type of person in my life that was as much of a nightmare to deal with as a bachelor of arts on meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    The distinction between drug-fed creativity and retarded creativity comes from how self-assured drug-fed art is, which as it turns out is often enough to get it sold. What drugs do to you is make you confident that what you do under their influence is the coolest thing ever even long after you've sobered. Doesn't just apply to art, it applies to everything you do in the high. That's why cheap weed is good for society: it kills your productive drive, so overly self-assured druggie idiots don't go on producing while forgoing reflection forever, creating entire convoluted structures of their self-centered schizotypal autism, as they used to in the times of absinthe.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty easy to present the argument to any art student that takes any sort of narcotic that as long as they need the drug to create, they are fundamentally missing something in comparsion to the 30% of their classmates that aren't in fact taking any drugs, and come up with things while sober. Not that they're interested in hearing it, but at least weed filters most of them out. But I'm not sure I've encountered any type of person in my life that was as much of a nightmare to deal with as a bachelor of arts on meth.
    Sounds like a interesting story

But back on the anti-god thing, he comes off to me like that at times due to describing gods with multiple domains as buggy and some other stuff which Im probably reading too much into like the bit with gatou in CCC saying all gods are punishment

Again nasu doesnt really say stuff so the best i and anyone else can do is try and infer.
    Last edited by Byegod; May 17th, 2020 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    “Parents are bad” is a pretty spicy take, ngl

Blog Entries
    I do lowkey wonder if Nasu has some kind of unaddressed mother issue

Maybe, would explain most of the beasts, but how can we tie nero and tamamo into it

Also theres only so many bad mom archetypes out there
    Last edited by Byegod; May 17th, 2020 at 11:26 PM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually struggling to come up with a positive parental figure in all the works, at best the child does not know they're a terrible person. At worst you've got Makihisa and Zouken who actively persist by parasiting on the millenials.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I do lowkey wonder if Nasu has some kind of unaddressed mother issue
    What makes you think that? The gigantic buddhist nun shoving the Earth inside her vagina, or the gigantic horned loli trying to replace humanity because she wants to feel the ecstasy of motherhood all over again?

I'm actually struggling to come up with a positive parental figure in all the works, at best the child does not know they're a terrible person. At worst you've got Makihisa and Zouken who actively persist by parasiting on the millenials.

Were Tomoe's parents bad before being driven insane by contemporary architecture?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; May 17th, 2020 at 11:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    The former, actually. Since Kiara's described as smth like 'the ultimate mother figure' in the mats.

That reminds me on how I still cant see how bayonetta led to CCC, bayonetta is sexual but its not to the weird tier CCC is

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tokiomi, Iri and Kairi were all parents who are basically decent people even if they have their faults. Then again, none of those are from works Nasu himself wrote... (Tokiomi was mentioned in Stay Night obviously, but we don't really know enough about him there to say if he was a good guy or not.)

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Tokiomi gave one of his Daughters to a disgusting pile of worms?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Would you call Taiga a parental figure?