Page 361 of 617 FirstFirst ... 261311351356359360361362363366371411461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Id be shocked if he isn't one, considering how popular a figure he is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    As cool as more Egyptian servants would be, I'd still rather have more other African servants first.

Props to Requiem for introducing both Nzambi and Hannibal into the mix.
    Its a pity one is an antagonist and the other is dead. I'd like to see some of the Orisa conceived into fate like Osun and her husband Ogun

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Its a pity one is an antagonist and the other is dead. I'd like to see some of the Orisa conceived into fate like Osun and her husband Ogun
    True, but given FGO has an upcoming Requiem collab then I totally wouldn't be surprised if Nzambi (and Hannibal in my dreams) is added sooner or later into the Gatcha for us to bond with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    So all that about "his flames burned Roa's soul" is just fan canon?
    That part is true, the flames were really burning his soul. But as people said before, there was no confirmation that Roa really died, the flames also consumes Dantès's soul, so it was a tug of war if Dantès was going to be able to hold out long enough to kill Roa

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Irrelevant since im talking about the flashback and backstory as moses has never appeared as a servant.
    It isn't irrelevant, given that you're talking about someone that we've established literally in the last page has had a bunch of Noble Phantasms and other assorted powers attributed to him, when he personally came up with very few of them.

It's an established thing that Servants can be divided up into a bunch of groups that range between "literally never existed, is a storybook hero" and "an actual dude from history, but he now has a magic ship or something".
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It isn't irrelevant, given that you're talking about someone that we've established literally in the last page has had a bunch of Noble Phantasms and other assorted powers attributed to him, when he personally came up with very few of them.

It's an established thing that Servants can be divided up into a bunch of groups that range between "literally never existed, is a storybook hero" and "an actual dude from history, but he now has a magic ship or something".
    That reminds me, wasnt there a old thing that flat out said herc and medusa never existed?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, that was what I was talking about. Not in the VN IIRC, but a blog post or interview or somesuch.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, that was what I was talking about. Not in the VN IIRC, but a blog post or interview or somesuch.
    I was wondering if you were referring to charlie or that, though im not sure if we can take that as "canon" due to the fact we have seen the greek AOGs now.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    It's from CM3, but that's always been a hazy point on what exactly that means and more recent talk on how it interfaces with stuff like, say, the dialogue in Holmes' trial quest.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    It's from CM3, but that's always been a hazy point on what exactly that means and more recent talk on how it interfaces with stuff like, say, the dialogue in Holmes' trial quest.
    It's also been inherently contradictory. Heroes need catalysts for summoning. Herc was considered someone who didn't exist, but he was summoned by a nameless object he used. If he didn't exist, then his axe-sword wouldn't exist as a physical object independent from himself The only way to rectify this is if there's a myth variation of the world that directly interacts with the real one, or the myths are made real by beliefs. Welcome to lore hiccups.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    It's also been inherently contradictory. Heroes need catalysts for summoning. Herc was considered someone who didn't exist, but he was summoned by a nameless object he used. If he didn't exist, then his axe-sword wouldn't exist as a physical object independent from himself The only way to rectify this is if there's a myth variation of the world that directly interacts with the real one, or the myths are made real by beliefs. Welcome to lore hiccups.
    The axe-sword was just carved from a pillar to a temple of Herc though. It wasn't something he ever used in life. So your argument kind of fails, because summoning catalysts don't have to be anything the hero ever used in reality, just something people associate with them (like, say, a pillar from a temple dedicated to them).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Heracles participated in the Gigantomachia proper so he definitely existed.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I always took the line from Gilgamesh's bio in the original VN that he was "not merely a legend, but said to have actually existed" to be an indirect way of saying that most of the other Servants didn't actually exist in real life.

But I guess it's kind of hard to argue that in the current state of the Nasuverse, isn't it?
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The axe-sword was just carved from a pillar to a temple of Herc though. It wasn't something he ever used in life. So your argument kind of fails, because summoning catalysts don't have to be anything the hero ever used in reality, just something people associate with them (like, say, a pillar from a temple dedicated to them).
    Could have sworn there was something saying he used it. Oh well. Then I'd pivot that time-traveling would, at this point, indicate that, since things like the Greek Gods exist, and they acknowledge the Greek Heroes, they exist at that point, regardless of what came first, the myth, or the heroes themselves.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    It could just be they did exist but the World changed and made so they were merely fictional. Kinda like what is implied for Holmes.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    I don't think Ozy is that bad compared to Scathach tbh. When it comes to Egypt at least the game acknowledged the other Pharaohs a lot. Hell, even Iskandar gets some relevancy because he was technically a Pharaoh as well (through the power of tyran- ahem, I mean, conquest). Meanwhile Fionn is stuck at the bottom of the barrel with Diarmuid (muh honor) and Saber Diarmuid (muh Artoria duel).
    Bottom of the barrel would be Nuada, Breoghan and every other British soul that hasn't appeared. Also, Sca is Scottish, so you want Aife added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    True, but given FGO has an upcoming Requiem collab then I totally wouldn't be surprised if Nzambi (and Hannibal in my dreams) is added sooner or later into the Gatcha for us to bond with.
    What the...

HE'S COMING HOME BITCHES!

Everyone knows me well enough to deduce who is.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Bottom of the barrel would be Nuada, Breoghan and every other British soul that hasn't appeared.
    Oof, calling Nuada and Breoghan "British"...

Cries in Ireland.
    Last edited by Skull; May 24th, 2020 at 06:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    petition to reclassify all 'British' servants as 'French' - just like Britain itself
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Bottom of the barrel would be Nuada, Breoghan and every other British soul that hasn't appeared. Also, Sca is Scottish, so you want Aife added to the list.
    They'd kill you for that in Ireland. Not exaggerating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    But El Cid was a jobber

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    El Cid and Hannibal weren't even jobbers. They were just random murder victims. Jobbers get a chance to fight.