Page 533 of 617 FirstFirst ... 33433483523528531532533534535538543583 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,660 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    This reminds me of some ppl in Genshin community ranting about MHY writers changing characters and story plots from the closed beta, such as drastic changes to the Inazuma region's whole main plot and the Electro Archon, claiming that the "version" in the closed beta files is definitely superior, when all they got was ONE pre-recorded and unused/inaccessible voice line of characters talking about the other, referencing the discarded plot.
    No story can be good as the one you can't read.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Clock Tower department I'm most curious about is "Individual Fundamentals"

Like, what does that even mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Judging by the name, it should be the department where the people born weird learn how take advantage of their unique traits, in contrast with General Fundamentals being the stuff everyone can learn. Where Sakura would go to study Imaginary Number Magecraft, for example.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What exactly do you want? A random "a day in each Lord's life" side series, followed by "a day in each Atlas Source's life" and "a day in each Baldanders Gate teacher's life" sequels?
    Probably just a RPG setting book.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    I think one of the main points byegod was trying to make is that there is so much of the nasuverse setting that has been waved at multiple times yet hasn't been elaborated upon, and at the same time it wouldn't fit in to just have a huge silmarillion ordeal that'll just get retconned later. So, the best course of action would be to just make new stuff, with fresh new ideas that can actually spearhead into the yet-unexplored parts of TM lore and still utilize them in a relevant thematic way than to just fullfill nerdery boners. There's also a bunch of stupidity attached to his opinion, but that's the part I extracted that I think is worth caring about.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    I mean, the Clock Tower, which is supposed to be the focal setting of Case Files, is still pretty much barebones in terms of "world-building" details. This is not to mention that other Magus Association groups and the Holy Church has gotten barely any info whatsoever. Even Iskandar, which is supposed to be Waver's driving motive, got only a few crumbs of addition information that doesn't really add anything from what we've already seen in Zero. It's absurd how "nothingburger" Case Files was in terms of TM world-building.
    This is the exact argument I've heard about why the Silmarillion is better than Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

And then no one took their opinion seriously ever again.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    That's a good example. Nasu will literally die of old age before we know who the 4th magic user is.

US Friend Code
    Case Files introduced most of the Lords we know about, and elaborated on (maybe even just introduced?) the various political factions within the Clock Tower and how the departments are structured. It's also the biggest source for information about Spirit Tomb Albion. In Adventures we're getting information on Chinese and Japanese magic systems, as well as China's two magic organizations, and we're probably going to see stuff about Egypt's next. I don't really agree that El-Melloi is light on worldbuilding.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason people want a Church equivalent spinoff, Elmo has really done a lot to flesh out the Clock Tower.

*There's a reason people want a Church equivalent that isn't by Sanda.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    *There's a reason people want a Church equivalent that isn't by Sanda.
    Really looking forward to Rental Magica 3!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Case Files introduced most of the Lords we know about, and elaborated on (maybe even just introduced?) the various political factions within the Clock Tower and how the departments are structured. It's also the biggest source for information about Spirit Tomb Albion. In Adventures we're getting information on Chinese and Japanese magic systems, as well as China's two magic organizations, and we're probably going to see stuff about Egypt's next. I don't really agree that El-Melloi is light on worldbuilding.
    Case Files really never got past being a mere introduction. Literally nothing is known about Clock Tower before, and we still know Virtually Nothing about it now.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    it took 20 years to introduce full lists of Burial Agency and Dead Apostle Ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason people want a Church equivalent spinoff, Elmo has really done a lot to flesh out the Clock Tower.
    I think one issue for some is, there is a difference between totally new lore, and lore that has been waved at for literally 20 fucking years that still hasn't been explained. Like the 4th magic. or how there is fucking subtypes of magic now like kiara's NP And I am pretty sure things have been changed on things like true magic, old mats calling things like merlin a true magician for example/

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Art is dead.

I like how you think I meant drafts, of course you change things, im learning to be a fucking artist and know a few small writers, they change or retcon things. In fact I think writers should retcon things more as when it comes to big settings often writers prefer to ignore stupid idea other writers put and they fester like a fucking cancer. But I also like when writers are more explicit on retcons

No what I mean is changing things to the point that previous published writing or materials are contradicted, especially if its a lorebook, my general opinion is this :

"If you gonna release materials, lorebooks or hints, be damn sure your not gonna change them, otherwise your insulting people who buy them for the lore."

Ive bought lorebooks that are noncanon or make no sense in the past, and it fucking pisses me off when they said they finally nailed down all the lore and then changed the backstories yet fucking again.
    Last edited by Byegod; May 17th, 2022 at 04:08 AM.

People waiting an explanation for stuff like the 4th magic, something that will probably left unexplained forever, are just fools.

So what will be explained then

I don't really have an opinion about what will be or will not be explained in general, but certain things are just background info that maybe (MAYBE) could be used in some later work if the author has some interesting story idea. And the 4th magic is pretty much that, just background noise that could be used or could be not.

I doubt the 4th magic will ever be relevant on anything, really. At most Nasu will just drop the user's name in a random Q&A and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Honestly, yeah. I don't care about Waver's stupid detective games. I just want to see the cool stuffs that I can use in my local discord Grail War roleplaying session.
    Waver's detective games does do worldbuilding. More specifically it builds on the magecraft system. What is and isn't possible, and what is generally considered the standard for magus. FZ and FSN doesn't really focus on that.

Also I think Case Files is one of the few times where we see a named DAA, so that's cool
    Last edited by Gohyuinshee; May 17th, 2022 at 05:16 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't the rule for magecraft ostensibly "anything that humans can hypothetically achieve without using magic"? Like, it's only Magic that's truly weird shit

obviously that's a rule with rather liberal interpretations
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Also add this, when you dont even know what 1st and 4th magic are, nor know the actual nature of the 5th

or actually the details of the 2nd either, then things like AOG magic being able toe mimic true magic and modern stuff being 'on the level of true magic' or things being 'beyond true magic'

Less of a rule and more a vague suggestion

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    IF you're gonna buy mats and lorebooks and expect nothing to be changed ever you're just being a malding coping fuming fool no matter who you are.

I'd love to have Complete Material books anyway even if things change