Page 292 of 617 FirstFirst ... 192242282287290291292293294297302342392 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    I don't think it's that unpopular opinion, but.... Deen's Fate 2006 should be the first Fate anime to be recommended if there was not a remake or VN is not an option. Fate 2006 does it's job well enough to capture people's interest, it put Saber The Heroine as the ultimate focus, put her at the shining spot and captures everyone's heart, of course, at the expense of everyone's else. But that's ok, when I first watch Deen's Fate back in 2009, most protag back then are either oblivious, retarded, or a pervert. That was also the time when Kugimiya four heroines became super popular, point is that male protag back then are usually not the focus anyway, maybe except like Light Yagami or Kyon. So Shirou was more or less "just another one of these harem protag".

Also, Deen's Fate made clear what Fate really is about, something which later adapataion lacks focus on: Fate, in the end, is just a boy meets girl love story like KnK. UFO UBW lacks a lot of those dramatic romances, I mean, they did adapt the romance scenes, but they are as impactful as ones Deen's, they played those scenes straight, but it felt like the anime itself wants to end those scenes quickly and get to the fighting.

Either way, Deen's 2006 first, then optimally the rest of the routes in order, then FZ. Or maybe just say "fuck you read the VN"

It's kindly like watching the prequels first, then complain about the original three, or like watching the The Hobbit first then the Fellowship. "Yeah no shit, some of those scenes felt flat for you, they are prequels, thematically they poke fun and reference to the original source material"

at this point, i'd probably just recommend the VN instead...i'm still hoping they do a fate route remake after HF(you cant tell me HF 3 is gonna be the last fate thing ufotable does as long as they are still in business, come on now) and maybe HA.

DEEN Stay night was my entreepoint to Fate from the beginning and shaped my perspective on things....but it just does not align with modern Fate. DEEN's adaptions are clearly the product of their era and their own thing.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    please ignore this boomer moment

Where do I start
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Holy shit you guys are more than 50 years old?!

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Boomerdom is a state of mind.

マリーの味方
    go was better before it was translated. at least back then it was possible to pretend the story was good

JP Friend Code
    finally realized Marie sucks, huh

マリーの味方
    marie is still perfect, it's just a travesty she is stuck in a shit game

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    We should've started with an Orleans anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    You're speaking my language.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    And Sakura is still shorter than Rin.
    Well Rin supposedly will get bazongas later on, and they are about the same height later in life, so maybe it's just the Edelfelt blood coming into fruition and they both end up as buxom devils.
    Seems like it ends up a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well Rin supposedly will get bazongas later on, and they are about the same height later in life, so maybe it's just the Edelfelt blood coming into fruition and they both end up as buxom devils.
    Pfft.

Rin growing a cup size or two will not ​make her buxom. And certainly not in the same league as Luvia and Sakura.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Pfft.

Rin growing a cup size or two will not ​make her buxom. And certainly not in the same league as Luvia and Sakura.
    She seems to grow some in the Formalcraft CE of hers.

And wouldn't Rin growing 2 cup sizes equal her to Sakura since Rin is a C-cup and Sakura is an E-cup?
    Last edited by warellis; October 9th, 2019 at 08:31 PM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Pfft.

I mean, if Formalcraft seems kinda stacked, and it's the only other view we have of a considerably older Rin (HF True is only 2 years later). Or you could use TOHSAKA as another example with her Bayonetta-ness. But hey, this is me being as neutral as I can, when I really shouldn't considering.
    If you want to say Sakura gets the Edelfelt curviness, I won't argue.

I mean, if Formalcraft seems kinda stacked, and it's the only other view we have of a considerably older Rin (HF True is only 2 years later). Or you could use TOHSAKA as another example with her Bayonetta-ness. But hey, this is me being as neutral as I can, when I really shouldn't considering.
    Have we ever got any hint on how big Luvia is? I only remember recalling something from Prisma about Illya or Chloe there saying something about how Leysritt was also prepared to not lose to Illya with the implication they were talking about chest sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    at this point, i'd probably just recommend the VN instead...i'm still hoping they do a fate route remake after HF(you cant tell me HF 3 is gonna be the last fate thing ufotable does as long as they are still in business, come on now) and maybe HA.

DEEN Stay night was my entreepoint to Fate from the beginning and shaped my perspective on things....but it just does not align with modern Fate. DEEN's adaptions are clearly the product of their era and their own thing.
    Considering how apparently bad ufotable UBW was at showing what Shirou was like (and I've heard complaints from a Discord channel I'm on about how even the HF movies seem to just show themselves as more romance movies than something that focuses on Shirou's struggles over his ideals and Sakura), is DEEN really that much worse?

Yeah the animation is much crappier but sometimes I think in both cases, Shirou was poorly done it seems.
    Last edited by warellis; October 9th, 2019 at 08:38 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    We've gotten quite a few hints, thanks Hiroyama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

We've gotten quite a few hints, thanks Hiroyama.
    Hah! Well I meant more outright numbers than anything else, but yeah you're right.

like, just watch the movies and see for yourself?

US Friend Code
    Big fan of Formalcraft Rin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    like, just watch the movies and see for yourself?
    I have. I've already complained multiple times about how the Lancer - True Assassin fight, and the little montage thing they did of Illya in movie 2, took away from potential character time, turning Illya into practically a non-entity.

I also felt they toned down Rin's assholery in the VN, which then sort of makes some of Sakura's responses to and about her worse than in the VN because Rin is sort of nicer in the HF movies than in the VN.

I do feel the movies sometimes don't explain stuff well, and I can see why it's only in the 2nd movie they show more on Shirou's struggle with his ideals, even if there's more of a romance focus in the movies than in the VN.

Speaking of HF2, has the booklet for it been translated or anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    She seems to grow some in the Formalcraft CE of hers.

And wouldn't Rin growing 2 cup sizes equal her to Sakura since Rin is a C-cup and Sakura is an E-cup?
    Formalcraft Rin just isn't what I'd consider buxom.

She's too perky to be. (Ignore Raikou for me)

Like, her size is still close enough to fit in your hands. That ain't buxom. Busty, yeah. But not buxom.