Page 386 of 404 FirstFirst ... 286336376381384385386387388391396 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 8069

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

  1. #7701
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,231
    Blog Entries
    9
    no

  2. #7702
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,379
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Has there ever been anything good made by the FGO fandom outside of porn?
    There are quite a few really good comics and artworks and even fics, yeah, but as per the usual rules of the universe, 99% of it is garbage.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  3. #7703
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,785
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Has there ever been anything good made by the FGO fandom outside of porn?
    What more could you want

  4. #7704
    吸血鬼 Vampire SteelBeowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    215
    Blog Entries
    1
    Why do you want something outside of porn?

  5. #7705
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,316
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    I mean, you need to do something with the other hours of the day you're in public. Unless you're one of those people who goes through the drive through while watching porn at full volume with three other people in the car.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  6. #7706
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,231
    Blog Entries
    9
    Assert your dominance Mattias

  7. #7707
    not really feeling it tbh Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,181
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Has there ever been anything good made by the FGO fandom outside of porn?
    Some non-H doujins that are pretty funny, though you're going to find that the people who'd bother writing non-H comedy doujins were TM fans long before.

    Empire of Du- wait, that's porn.

    Now I got it: Amazing and unprecedented spectacles of human failure in whale rolling videos.

  8. #7708
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,279
    Do you consider fics that are about GO-original characters but aren't tied to the Singularities / Lostbelts plots as GO-centric works?
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (F/SN): The last duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (F/SN): Shinji X Shirou lemon
    He Was a Good King (F/SN): Was Beowulf a good king?
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (F/SN): A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan.
    Palingenetic Descension (Tsukihime): The origin of the Tohno family's hybrid nature.

  9. #7709
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Menwearpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,077
    Not really.

  10. #7710
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,785
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    Well, but they technically were made by presumed FGO fans and incorporate FGO-original content.

  11. #7711
    not really feeling it tbh Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,181
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    To be fair to the fandom, it's really difficult to write fan content for Type-Moon due to the utter lack of decisive information. You don't have to pat yourselves on the back, but there's probably some proportionality of how compulsively a work explains itself (take Star Wars/Star Trek for 'very') to fan content.

  12. #7712
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,308
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Do you consider fics that are about GO-original characters but aren't tied to the Singularities / Lostbelts plots as GO-centric works?
    Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  13. #7713
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    No, the Lousie principle works mostly on Ereshkigal & Jalter- show them blushing enough times (tsundere nets extra points in this area), and shallow fans will overlook any flaws, from being a shitty human being (a la Louise) to having no personality whatsoever outside of a blushy uguu kawaii face (Jalter & Eresh in basically anything fanmade).

    See, Louise still had fans, even after all her shit, whereas Stheno has none.
    To be fair to Louise, in the LN actually has a character and good reason to be rather pissy around Saito early on, on account of him attempting to molest and rape her under the idea that she was being "tsundere" and obviously her sleeping in bed gave him some leeway (due to her summoning him away from home) to try to do it with her.

    The anime on the other hand does seem to try to turn her into an asshole for no real reason.

  14. #7714
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,231
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    To be fair to Louise, in the LN actually has a character and good reason to be rather pissy around Saito early on, on account of him attempting to molest and rape her under the idea that she was being "tsundere" and obviously her sleeping in bed gave him some leeway (due to her summoning him away from home) to try to do it with her.

    The anime on the other hand does seem to try to turn her into an asshole for no real reason.

    I mean she was an asshole from the beginning though? She literally forces him to eat mouldy bread in a dog bowl on the floor, weeks before he tried to do anything to her.

    (Saito was also an asshole of course, but most of his assholeness is in reaction to her treating the dirty commoner like a subhuman to deal with her inferiority complex). Also, he was literally mind-raped into caring about her, so that's a thing.
    Last edited by forumghost; June 30th, 2020 at 09:02 PM.

  15. #7715
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,231
    Blog Entries
    9
    sounds problematic

  16. #7716
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    See, Louise still had fans, even after all her shit, whereas Stheno has none.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    I mean, even that sometimes can be...
    Crap? Outlandish? Extraordinarily OOC?
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  17. #7717
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    To be fair to the fandom, it's really difficult to write fan content for Type-Moon due to the utter lack of decisive information. You don't have to pat yourselves on the back, but there's probably some proportionality of how compulsively a work explains itself (take Star Wars/Star Trek for 'very') to fan content.
    What do you mean by lack of decisive information?

    You mean how we get defintions that are only somewhat defined? or..

  18. #7718
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,379
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    To be fair to Louise, in the LN actually has a character and good reason to be rather pissy around Saito early on, on account of him attempting to molest and rape her under the idea that she was being "tsundere" and obviously her sleeping in bed gave him some leeway (due to her summoning him away from home) to try to do it with her.

    The anime on the other hand does seem to try to turn her into an asshole for no real reason.
    They're both terrible people tbh, but my point was about the one with fans, nobody gives a shit about Saito, except when they want to self-insert into a be-abused-by-a-prepubescent-girl fantasy.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  19. #7719
    not really feeling it tbh Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,181
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    What do you mean by lack of decisive information?

    You mean how we get defintions that are only somewhat defined? or..
    For the longest time we basically only ever get information that's absolutely necessary to understand the story at hand. The problem with Character Material is that it only talks about individual people and things we've already seen, and doesn't expand anything or give any wider exposition other than re-examination. It doesn't help that no TM work has been truly episodic, even KnK, and that entire laws of metaphysics change between the different sort of settings, leaving us as an example unsure whether some rules of Fate still apply in Extra or not. We'll never know because it's not important, but if somebody wanted to write a story where it is important, then that's damning because their fic will devolve into people arguing about it.

    It's interesting to me that the variable metaphysics thing is a backdoor of the author's, and the scarcity of information would be considered a narrative virtue elsewhere, but both winds up actively damaging the work's cultural value in this way, making sure no one other than Nasu can actually write the Nasuverse. It's interesting that Rinspeak is a local phenomenon of the work that is designed for obsoletion outside of it.

  20. #7720
    nicht mitmachen Dullahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIAAARGGH
    Posts
    4,650
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    ...whether some rules of Fate still apply in Extra or not. We'll never know because it's not important, but if somebody wanted to write a story where it is important, then that's damning because their fic will devolve into people arguing about it.
    This is the readers' problem, not the writer's problem.
    ちょう
    もく


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •