Page 363 of 617 FirstFirst ... 263313353358361362363364365368373413463 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Kijyo was just another oni similar to Shuten. They could've easily made Kijyo 2nd or 3rd form the normal appearance and you get Shuten 2.0. So I don't see how that is "turning a dinosaur into waifu". It's the reverse: "waifu material turning dino". That's a sacrifice if they aim for marketable waifu in fact, because they could have given her a cute waifu mode for 1st form to maximize appeal while the whole dino thing is saved for NP time only.

Basically that one dude you mentioned had no idea wtf he's talking about.
    I don't doubt your collective ability to waifu a chimney, a rusty iron step-ladder, or a plank of wood.

She's just a dinosaur in Requiem. She has gotten a humanoid form in FGO. Hence they waifuizated her because Requiem has no marketable females.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    She's just a dinosaur in Requiem. She has gotten a humanoid form. Hence they waifued her because Requiem has no marketable females in it.
    False. Did you even know about her myth? Literally no different from other onis, kitsunes and bajillions of other yokai who have human forms. Heck she only transformed into the dino when fighting Koremochi in their final clash, which is literally reflected by her transforming during NP.

So you also have no clue wtf you're talking about, just like that guy.

This is not to mention the novel wasn't getting far with any of the chars appearing in this collab, thus there is nothing confirmed she'll stay dino forever in Requiem either. The collab is literally spoiler.

US Friend Code
    I'm seeing way more fanart of her dinosaur form personally so if that really was the reason for giving her a human form I don't think it worked.
    Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

- - - Updated - - -

Also add a part 2 banner with Longinus reeee

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    False. Did you even know about her myth? Literally no different from other onis, kitsunes and bajillions of other yokai who have human forms. Heck she only transformed into the dino when fighting Koremochi in their final clash, which is literally reflected by her transforming during NP.

So you also have no clue wtf you're talking about, just like that guy.
    I'm not saying it doesn't make sense with the legend, I'm saying they expended effort on making it more marketable compared to Requiem because were insecure that people would roll for just a dinosaur because as far as we have previously known she was just a dinosaur, because they're a bunch of suits with no spark anymore.

I'd probably be more likely to roll for just a dinosaur, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think there was no male swimsuit event? What are you, not accepting of your female audience? Or is it different when it's a shota because you're marketing to degenerates?

JP Friend Code
    I'm saying they expended effort on making it more marketable compared to Requiem because were insecure that people would roll for just a dinosaur because as far as we have previously known she was just a dinosaur, because they're a bunch of suits with no spark anymore.
    False too. Like Reign said ppl are more hype for the dino than her other forms.

You're speculation about their intentions of showing her human form (which is pretty much a spoiler for Requiem should she turns human in the novel later) makes little sense both from lore and marketing perspective.

Just from her lore (heck, just her name in the novel) we knew she is a shapeshifter, in fact some even speculated whether she can turn into other dino types. There was absolutely nothing indicate that she is just a dino and will stay that way forever in the novel. Those who thought that is the case are basically those who has no clue about her legend, which is actually pretty famous in Japan (her NP is named after the famous Noh play depicting the story) or complete failed to see the set up aka oh she's just a dino now then later she shows some surprises by reverting to human or oni form. Then if you come from FGO perspective, the dino is more appealing as shock value.

I'd probably be more likely to roll for just a dinosaur, you know.
    And they gave both you and potential waifu crowd that option, by making the dino her first ascension, use it. Like I said they could easily turn her into Shuten 2.0, but they did not.

It's not like monstrous chars are not marketable, look at Ivan. He shows up in more fan comics than freaking Space Ishtar - the waifu bait.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    You're speculation about their intentions of showing her human form (which is pretty much a spoiler for Requiem should she turns human in the novel later) makes little sense both from lore and marketing perspective.
    Ah, I didn't know this. Sorry, disregard everything I said, I guess... except in spirit.
    Last edited by Ratman; May 27th, 2020 at 02:05 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Why do you think there was no male swimsuit event? What are you, not accepting of your female audience? Or is it different when it's a shota because you're marketing to degenerates?
    No male swimsuits have no relation to this case, trying to change the subject to them won't help you.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I didn't know this. Sorry, disregard everything I said, I guess... except in spirit.

(imagine making a retarded post and then having the internet die on you so it sits there for five minutes for all to see. Guess I'll leave it there)

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Oof, calling Nuada and Breoghan "British"...

Cries in Ireland.
    Sorry, God Save the Queen hijacked me. I meant Eire!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    But El Cid was a jobber
    Did he cry "Bankai!" every five minutes too?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    El Cid probably had the smallest role of all the characters who were merely namedropped. Even Agrippa did more and all he did was get angry at Circe.
    I'll just be happy he appears. That's all.

some Strange fake servants are fanficiton tier, zealot being the worst one by having 18 NPs and some of them are even better than the original

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    some Strange fake servants are fanficiton tier, zealot being the worst one by having 18 NPs and some of them are even better than the original
    A lot of servants are fanfic tier you mean, Kiara, space ishtar... gilgamesh...

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Zealot is one of the cooler concepts in Strange Fake, wouldn't be surprised if she had been given to Narita (beside the powers). Her story ties into Fate's themes nicely, and gives a lot more exposition to how the Assassin order works, doesn't upturn or insult anything previously established. Rather, I understand her as a way to give us a showcase of the unused Zabaniya, because having to design a whole Hassan with a 'story' of their own every time would have been too much work. Serenity is already going into territory I'd rather not have explored.
    Last edited by Ratman; June 1st, 2020 at 11:09 AM.

Zealot is one of the cooler concepts in Strange Fake, wouldn't be surprised if she had been given to Narita (beside the powers). Her story ties into Fate's themes nicely, and gives a lot more exposition to how the Assassin order works, doesn't upturn or insult anything previously established. Rather, I understand her as a way to give us a showcase of the unused Zabaniya, because having to design a whole Hassan with a 'story' of their own every time would have been too much work. Serenity is already going into territory I'd rather not have explored.
    You mean the waifu territory?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I mean the Shadow the Hedgehog falling to his knees before the statue of Jesus and weeping, 'thank you for teaching me how to feel' territory.

There's only so many kinds of stories you can do with these guys who are just by definition bad people, is the thing. I can almost kinda forgive the Hanam thing because technically that never happened, and Hundred Faces is exactly what she's supposed to be, but Serenity in story and in her actual life is just a wreck.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean TM doesn't still owe us Cyber Phantasy Hassan, mind you.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Is that the Hassan with the puppets that turn things into exploding gunpowder?
    ...And I just realised that's basically Killer Queen.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The puppets aren't his and probably wouldn't be featured in another medium. He's a midget with poison needles. Seems like a barrel of laughs.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the puppets are his Master's.

IIRC his Master was actually Faldeus's grandfather or smth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Oh, right! He hid among them or disguised himself as another puppet or something like that, right?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's the longest-teased Servant we've never ended up getting besides I think Perseus. Problem is the optimal time for him to show up would be something involving the Third War, which will never happen because Nazis.

I don't know, hasn't really stopped the Wolfenstein franchise. If anything, punching nazis seems to be more relevant than ever to our times.