Page 364 of 617 FirstFirst ... 264314354359362363364365366369374414464 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but the Japanese think Nazis were kind of cool (see Nobu's outfit), which is kind of tied to a non-insignificant part of the population believing that they did nothing wrong in WWII and when you try to argue this, then you find yourself in a center of a rapidly escalating argument about something something Yasakuni Shrine something Nanking something Hiroshima

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But Dies Irae exists and that's all Nazi's.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    some Strange fake servants are fanficiton tier, zealot being the worst one by having 18 NPs and some of them are even better than the original
    I don't understand why people say Zealot is the worse/fanfic-ty servant in F/Sf when Prelati is literally right there. Like "oh I met literally all the cool type moon references and my servant self can fuck the world texture also I'm a cRaZY quirky girl".

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the average weeb cares as much for Dies Irae than they do Fate

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    She blends with other Type-Moon references which F/SF is full off.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 1st, 2020 at 11:46 PM.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The existence of Fate/Type Redline suggests that modern Type Moon isn't particularly skittish about the WWII setting of the third war. They're confident enough to greenlight a manga in which Oda Nobunaga massacres a fleet of Ally fighter pilots on the behalf of the Imperial Japanese Army at least. They haven't shown up much yet, but it also doesn't seem to be shying away from the literal Nazis in the room either.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    I don't understand why people say Zealot is the worse/fanfic-ty servant in F/Sf when Prelati is literally right there. Like "oh I met literally all the cool type moon references and my servant self can fuck the world texture also I'm a cRaZY quirky girl".
    Prelati is Narita Manaka.
    or dare I say Manaka done more properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Prelati is Narita Manaka.
    or dare I say Manaka done more properly.
    Was manaka nasu or sakurai, i know sakurai is writing her now but who made her

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Nasu. She already existed in the short Proto OVA back in 2011.

Since we are talking bout fanfic Nps, lemme talk about a original fate NP

Gate of babylon is flat out the worst written noble phantam even if you include any thematics or parallels due to the sheer amount of wank and writing issues it creates for itself.

Even comparing gil with karna is absoloutely retarded due to how broken it should be

Plus how no one can agree where it begins and ends and how those specifics even change, Like does it have non physical NPs, i hope to god no, does he have tamamo's mirror or nero's arena? does he have reality marble nps.

Then nasu double downed and said "they have super magitech in babylon, and he also has every past and future" and the we never see the magitech in babylonia...
    Last edited by Byegod; June 2nd, 2020 at 01:17 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well see, Gilgamesh was specifically made to be the be-all end-all of Heroic Spirits. As he remains to this day.

I feel like Alkeides' Pandora Whatsherface is much worse what with it literally just being "I steal your NP, that's all".

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Well see, Gilgamesh was specifically made to be the be-all end-all of Heroic Spirits. As he remains to this day.

I feel like Alkeides' Pandora Whatsherface is much worse what with it literally just being "I steal your NP, that's all".
    I still dont like it, I dont like gil as a character which is part of my petty dislike but he introduces so many writing issues its ridiculous

GoB comes off as a NP that wasn't designed with the idea nasu was gonna make more servants afterwards, Its the black lotus of noble phantasms, I legit dont like the idea of one guy having everything in general especially when its as vague and shittily written as gate of babylon and then Nasu doubled down in CCC and then ignored half of the GoB CCC stuff for babylonia
    Last edited by Byegod; June 2nd, 2020 at 02:00 AM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I still dont like it, I dont like gil as a character which is part of my petty dislike but he introduces so many writing issues its ridiculous

GoB comes off as a NP that wasn't designed with the idea nasu was gonna make more servants afterwards, Its the black lotus of noble phantasms, I legit dont like the idea of one guy having everything in general especially when its as vague and shittily written as gate of babylon and then Nasu doubled down in CCC and then ignored half of the GoB CCC stuff for babylonia
    Well, but that is par for the course. GoB works perfectly during the original F/SN as a way for setting up Gil as a powerful villain so Shirou can look badass when he beats it with UBW. GoB also works pretty well in Zero, where it is used to show off the full capabilities of Lancelot's KoO. It is only when after the series introduced a bunch of other characters that problems started to show, but it's not like that is Exclusive to it (looking at you Excalibur).

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like Nasu didn't expect his indie eroge visual novel to become a giant multimedia franchise.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

To be fair it isn’t like it was servant/HS Gil in Babylon so his vault was a lot more limited.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    The existence of Fate/Type Redline suggests that modern Type Moon isn't particularly skittish about the WWII setting of the third war. They're confident enough to greenlight a manga in which Oda Nobunaga massacres a fleet of Ally fighter pilots on the behalf of the Imperial Japanese Army at least. They haven't shown up much yet, but it also doesn't seem to be shying away from the literal Nazis in the room either.
    At least this puts the whole "Servants rule the world hurr durr" into the spotlight since it means Oda still gets nuked. Right?

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I feel like attempting to quantify GoB in the context of powerlevels is a diseased train of thought since narratively how it represents Gil as a Heroic Spirit and an extension of himself matters way more than detail of its described content in any case.

Like, knowing whatever he has in there isn’t going to stop him from jobbing or steamrolling and people incessantly calling out on it. That’s why justifying his win or lose according to his mood and status as the King of Heroes matters more above anything else and why I don’t have much a problem with the design of GoB since it reflect Gil in that aspect perfectly imo
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Since we are talking bout fanfic Nps, lemme talk about a original fate NP

Gate of babylon is flat out the worst written noble phantam even if you include any thematics or parallels due to the sheer amount of wank and writing issues it creates for itself.

Even comparing gil with karna is absoloutely retarded due to how broken it should be

Plus how no one can agree where it begins and ends and how those specifics even change, Like does it have non physical NPs, i hope to god no, does he have tamamo's mirror or nero's arena? does he have reality marble nps.

Then nasu double downed and said "they have super magitech in babylon, and he also has every past and future" and the we never see the magitech in babylonia...
    It's literally called the "Gate of Bullshit" for a good reason: it's bullshit Gil can use to get away of situation X, Y, Z with little issue. GoB and Avalon are essentially "Deus Ex Glittery Air" and "plot shield" enbodied.

When Nasu introduces a single universal force that, when applied in enough amounts, can shatter concepts/NPs/whatever, we will talk, since it means even the setting no longer tolerates using bullshit "I believe!" rubbish to get out of a bad situation and the good guys can actually lose without a loss being a bad thing.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was manaka nasu or sakurai, i know sakurai is writing her now but who made her
    Nasu, but she was not a protagonist but last boss material, so her being absurdly OP is part of the territory.

kinda like Gilgamesh
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But Dies Irae exists and that's all Nazi's.
    You also fight Hitler in SMT2: Innocent Sin. Nazis and japanese imperialists are still 'edgy', you can read Dies Irae if you want or not, but it has a target audience of edgy pseud fujos, kind of like Hellsing has a target audience of edgy teenagers.

Type-Moon though very much plays the lowest common denominator game, so they're not gonna risk any kind of controversy.

- - - Updated - - -

To prove me wrong all you have to do is point out any kind of controversy they went all in on. DEmiya doesn't count, they didn't know.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Yeah, but the Japanese think Nazis were kind of cool (see Nobu's outfit), which is kind of tied to a non-insignificant part of the population believing that they did nothing wrong in WWII and when you try to argue this, then you find yourself in a center of a rapidly escalating argument about something something Yasakuni Shrine something Nanking something Hiroshima
    To put things into perspective, as my fallback video:

Damn, I really wish that that Dies Irae mobage came out.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; June 2nd, 2020 at 08:11 AM.