Page 358 of 617 FirstFirst ... 258308348353356357358359360363368408458 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Void-Neesan was irrevocably nerfed by putting her in a pair of bunny ears instead of a swimsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    uh huh tohno is just shite bro
    Yeah, he is, that's what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's not a completely terrible kind of philosophical wondering- what would somebody do with truly ultimate power? nothing- but then she came out for an actual conversation, and then Nasu started placing her in powerlevels discussions, which isn't the kind of conversation you'd usually put your supposedly all-powerful character into. Stick her in the sidelines where she's supposed to be, don't make her a lackluster Saber.
    Speaking of which... how the heck is Archetype Earth "more powerful" than Void? Nasu put her above Void one time in terms of power, but that makes no sense to me. Void is connected to the Root, yeah? Why is the Root of existence or whatever less powerful than a planet? How can you be "omnipotent" and still lose?

Umineko witches can do nutty things in most interpretations but really that stuff is partially a parody of power level stuff I argue. It’s fantasy m8.

regardless I feel looking at void for power levels is also missing the point. I’ve always taken it as Nasu talking about void as a sword fighter/combatant aka something like the battle between Araya and Shiki. I do think she can do more but is that really fighting one has to ask?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Umineko witches can do nutty things in most interpretations but really that stuff is partially a parody of power level stuff I argue. It’s fantasy m8.
    Personally I'd argue it's less parody and more of a literal magician's trick in that the flashy magic battles are meant to entertain and thus distract you from what's really going on. More than once I remember seeing others lose sight of trying to crack the mystery back in the day because they were enjoying all the magic a little too much.

But that's just my (off topic) opinion really.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Personally I'd argue it's less parody and more of a literal magician's trick in that the flashy magic battles are meant to entertain and thus distract you from what's really going on. More than once I remember seeing others lose sight of trying to crack the mystery back in the day because they were enjoying all the magic a little too much.

But that's just my (off topic) opinion really.
    Is that why we got a fighting game for a mystery story?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Yeah, he is, that's what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which... how the heck is Archetype Earth "more powerful" than Void? Nasu put her above Void one time in terms of power, but that makes no sense to me. Void is connected to the Root, yeah? Why is the Root of existence or whatever less powerful than a planet? How can you be "omnipotent" and still lose?
    Don't think, no seriously dont, thats one of the dumber nasu statements ive seen.

One that took me aback was the one from a year or two ago where nasu was saying somehow ciel would be the same in fate timeline while akiha, shiki and co wouldnt when her origin requires near the same amount of bullshit as shiki in terms of coincidence and could be impossible if roa is truly dead.

Tbh a lot of whats stated in KnK is at best sketchy canon at this point, not even powerlevels or shit but just basic statements like what happens when people die as isnt the beni enma afterlife stuff still functioning in the 1600s and she seems certain guda will end up in there so unless the servants are moron on how afterlives work.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Void's "omnipotence" is hardly meaningful if you don't actually use it like an "omnipotent" person would.

I mean manaka has it as well and she admits she cant change the past without help, so its hardly omnipotent at all

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean manaka has it as well and she admits she cant change the past without help, so its hardly omnipotent at all
    Isn't Manaka limited by her shitty circuits or something like that?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    it's not [ ] who is bad, it's powerlevels. as long as you think in terms of powerlevels you'll just make yourself mad. it is not the spoon that bends, but you
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Don't think, no seriously dont, thats one of the dumber nasu statements ive seen.

One that took me aback was the one from a year or two ago where nasu was saying somehow ciel would be the same in fate timeline while akiha, shiki and co wouldnt when her origin requires near the same amount of bullshit as shiki in terms of coincidence and could be impossible if roa is truly dead.

Tbh a lot of whats stated in KnK is at best sketchy canon at this point, not even powerlevels or shit but just basic statements like what happens when people die as isnt the beni enma afterlife stuff still functioning in the 1600s and she seems certain guda will end up in there so unless the servants are moron on how afterlives work.
    Everything went to total shit when they decided that Fate needs its own complete universe of timelines different from Tsukihime and the rest (the whole Human Order bullshit). Roa in Fate worlds gets deleted by Edmond, but for some reason Ciel is still a thing... So unless this Ciel is her grand grand grandmother that got Roa'd during the napoleonic wars or whatever, that makes no sense.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Roa isn't confirmed to be dead considering there's no body after Edmond wakes up. As for Ciel being ancient history, she's explicitly said to be born in 1976 in Tsukihime. I get this is unpopular opinions but they don't always need to be misunderstood facts as well.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Roa isn't confirmed to be dead considering there's no body after Edmond wakes up. As for Ciel being ancient history, she's explicitly said to be born in 1976 in Tsukihime. I get this is unpopular opinions but they don't always need to be misunderstood facts as well.
    So all that about "his flames burned Roa's soul" is just fan canon?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Isn't Roa destroyed by Dantes only in the Strange Fake timeline, which is different from that of regular Fate?

No think that's just Fate

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dantes's side story isn't said to lead into any specific timeline though (as far as I can tell, only that it's not Tsukihime related), and Roa isn't exactly confirmed to be dead since Dantes collapsed before anything was confirmed.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I understood that statement as Ciel just being a regular girl in France growing up normally, but psychics or more likely mixed bloods being different enough in Fate worlds that demon hunting families would work differently changing everything about the Nanayas and the Tohnos.

- - - Updated - - -

Like maybe the Nanayas are Magi, which is not far from being psychics. That would explain why Shiki can be the true master of Extra Arc with no jokes involved.

US Friend Code
    inb4 the Tsukihime Remake is about the Fate-verse version of Tsukihime.

Wasn't the quote about fighting power though?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Ciel's magical potential is innate and considering that such ability is essentially a curse (which doesn't allow you to bury the) it is possible that something other disaster twisted her fate instead of Roa.