Page 346 of 617 FirstFirst ... 246296336341344345346347348351356396446 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    (which the bloody autocorrector keeps straightening to "Discoworld" for some reason!)
    Now that's a fantasy setting I'm interested to see.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Now that's a fantasy setting I'm interested to see.
    There's a picture around somewhere that, together with some major older Vocaloid fanfics, would pretty much represent the setting.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, the normality of, for example, sharing your life force with your adopted sister and being able to see how things die with your eyes.

And, let's not forget the normal of being an amnesiac orphan with a magic scabbard living in your chest. The most normal thing ever, surely this happens to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Didn't the freaking universe get destroyed and remade when the change was made?
    No. Some of the landscape got reshaped from all the explosions and debris that were flying around, but that was all. I think the most dramatic change was one of the game's regions being cast into an eternal winter.

What you might have mistaken as a universe reset was the player characters getting sent forward 5 years in time. That was a narrative tool so that a) they'd not die since they were at ground zero and b) there was a long enough timeskip that the nations could be stable again after Bahamut's rampage. But the universe didn't reset or anything like that. Heck one of the very first plot beats in A Realm Reborn is the nations holding a remembrance ceremony.
    Last edited by Reign; May 2nd, 2020 at 05:48 PM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Ah yes, the normality of, for example, sharing your life force with your adopted sister and being able to see how things die with your eyes.

And, let's not forget the normal of being an amnesiac orphan with a magic scabbard living in your chest. The most normal thing ever, surely this happens to everyone.
    As far as the metaphor behind those three goes, that's pretty normal. It's normal to find people coping with trauma in real life in various ways, which is what each of these is about. Now Ryougi, she's a weirdo, because the traumatic event was losing herself. That makes her a lot more difficult to relate to.

Hakuno is similarly pretty out there. At least we have our lord and savior Guda, right? They'll bring it right down to earth. Below, even.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post

I mean, people don't magically go blind when they see someone die, so...

Also, weren't we talking about Mikiya?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    No. Some of the landscape got reshaped from all the explosions and debris that were flying around, but that was all. I think the most dramatic change was one of the game's regions being cast into an eternal winter.

What you might have mistaken as a universe reset was the player characters getting sent forward 5 years in time. That was a narrative tool so that a) they'd not die since they were at ground zero and b) there was a long enough timeskip that the nations could be stable again after Bahamut's rampage. But the universe didn't reset or anything like that. Heck one of the very first plot beats in A Realm Reborn is the nations holding a remembrance ceremony.
    Then I have a lot of money to collect from some retarded fellas. Excuse me a second...

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    As far as the metaphor behind those three goes, that's pretty normal. It's normal to find people coping with trauma in real life in various ways, which is what each of these is about. Now Ryougi, she's a weirdo, because the traumatic event was losing herself. That makes her a lot more difficult to relate to.

Hakuno is similarly pretty out there. At least we have our lord and savior Guda, right? They'll bring it right down to earth. Below, even.
    Guda is tremendously likeable, social and outgoing. This automatically disqualifies most of the people who'd read a VN.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    guda is silent most of the time and only talks in one liners, often failed attempts at jokes.

sounds like your average anime fan to me.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Guda's actually downright chatty at this point in JP, tbh.

I can't speed through a section without having to hit a talk option every few seconds.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Guda(k)o is also the type of person who would try and pull a diving body slam on a goddess who's a lucha libre fanatic.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, and Hakuno thinks going by the moniker of Francis Xavier is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    guda is silent most of the time and only talks in one liners, often failed attempts at jokes.

sounds like your average anime fan to me.
    I thought he was a parrot what with repeating the same words of what people just said.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They're still nowhere near as bad for that as anyone in a Metal Gear game.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Meh, people in Metal Gear talk so much that repeated lines get lost in the maëlstrom. It is only in Metal Gear Solid 4 that they truly become parrots, just for the sake of one word.

At least a lot of MGS' exposition is still somewhat rooted in reality/history, making it more relatable and easier to digest compared to FGO's completely made up chuuni magi babble and whatever the heck TM pulls out of their ass at this point.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    At least a lot of MGS' exposition is still somewhat rooted in reality/history
    what

- - - Updated - - -

MGS has just as much made up chuuni babble as Nasu (which is not a negative against it, imo).

I'm referring to things like the Cold War, the cuban missile crisis as well as currently relevant topics like government control and information control. Of course you also get the totally fictitious stuff like the bosses' abilities that are pulled straight out of DC comics but that's part of the series' charm.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Guda(k)o is also the type of person who would try and pull a diving body slam on a goddess who's a lucha libre fanatic.
    I really just want Viracocha to be a Karnaface with mechanical armor a la Babbage but better.

Also, absurdly overpowered. Don't @me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Yeah, and Hakuno thinks going by the moniker of Francis Xavier is a good idea.
    The best thing would've been to go by Charles Xavier.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    To be fair, they have been around bloodthirsty, battle hungry Servants for several other singularities, so going all out and showing you aren't a bitch is a pretty good methodology.
    Take that 50/50 that it'll endear you to them.

I feel that as a character, due to her personality, background, and relationships, Ibaraki Douji has the narrative potential and depth to be a good major or outright main character in a quality narrative.