Page 352 of 617 FirstFirst ... 252302342347350351352353354357362402452 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I feel like I would be fine if we at least saw a rival magi organisation that wasnt fucking monsters.

I'm not like a lot of you, my gripes with nasu are actually from both new and old nasu stuff as this conversation proves, maybe it's because i came into the fandom in like 2014?, I find the idea of mystery pretentious at best and illogical, I despise magi as it just makes me not want to read works involving heavy magi due to apathy.

And here is my real controversial opinion, nasu has always had heavy issues as seen in kara no kyoukai and there actually very similar to the current issues, the thing is there was less of a world and no gacha game so the issues were far less apparent than now where the issues are like a jenga tower of ideas thats about to collapse

TLDR : show your ideas more often nasu instead of talking bout them a few times then dropping them for a decade
    Amen, reverend!

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    Reading a work with a "pure" magus seems like an exercise in masochism, frankly. I can't imagine many people would enjoy spending hours upon hours staring at the feverish mind of a unidimensional, predictable madman.

And if that happens to be one's thing, I'd bet there are lots of fanfics written by edgy teenagers that would suit their tastes.
    So Pre-Twilight Edward Cullen is a magus?!

Unpopular opinion: making the Olympians hail from Atlantis was the ultimate fuck you to those of US who like Greek lore. Like what about the Titans? What about Typhoon and Mount Etna? Did that even happen?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm kinda surprised that you think them being from Atlantis is worse then them being from Cybertron.

Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised at all.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that you think them being from Atlantis is worse then them being from Cybertron.
    Was that Lostbelt only or did it genuinely happen even in the "True" TL? (Not that I'm not aware of it, but I thought that was an anomaly).

Reminder I'm out of the loop when it comes to FGO.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Was that Lostbelt only or did it genuinely happen even in the "True" TL? (Not that I'm not aware of it, but I thought that was an anomaly).

Reminder I'm out of the loop when it comes to FGO.
    In all timelines, the olympians came from another galaxy/universe, and crash landed on Earth. Atlantis was the great interstellar ark they used to travel across galaxies, and it was subsequently destroyed by Sefar in QTL timelines, and in LB5 it was ascended to the air to make it into Olympus, and the new Olympus is the bodies of all the defeated olympians.

So, I'm not really sure what you mean by "the olympians hail from atlantis". Do you actually know all of the setting here or have you just read "olympians, atlantis" somewhere and went from there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Also the alien race who created them went poof poof, so they're pretty much ghost spaceships drifting in space.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    In all timelines, the olympians came from another galaxy/universe, and crash landed on Earth. Atlantis was the great interstellar ark they used to travel across galaxies, and it was subsequently destroyed by Sefar in QTL timelines, and in LB5 it was ascended to the air to make it into Olympus, and the new Olympus is the bodies of all the defeated olympians.

So, I'm not really sure what you mean by "the olympians hail from atlantis". Do you actually know all of the setting here or have you just read "olympians, atlantis" somewhere and went from there?
    I mean, the space part was something I did know, but I thought that was generalized (again, be aware I've not played FGO and have zero intention to) to refer to Greek Gods and not specifically the Olympians and thinking the Protogenoi came from space.

Unless the same Olympians are those that came from space. Even though this only makes it worse since it means no Kronos slaying Ouranos, no Atlas holding the sky and pretty much soils Heracles' labors in the face.

QTL... OTL?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Also the alien race who created them went poof poof, so they're pretty much ghost spaceships drifting in space.
    That sounds a lot more like Zod's army than anything else.

(inb4 Superman exists in the world).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Nothing is said of the Protogenoi. Chaos, the original Dyson sphere, split up into a fleet composed of the peeps we know as (at least some of the) Titans and the Olympians minus Dyonisus plus Hades. Kronos was the original leader but Zeus usurped him when they disagreed on settling on Earth vs. going on I believe.

Prometheus for example ended up fused with Hephaestus in the Lostbelt

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I mean, the space part was something I did know, but I thought that was generalized (again, be aware I've not played FGO and have zero intention to) to refer to Greek Gods and not specifically the Olympians and thinking the Protogenoi came from space.

Unless the same Olympians are those that came from space. Even though this only makes it worse since it means no Kronos slaying Ouranos, no Atlas holding the sky and pretty much soils Heracles' labors in the face.

QTL... OTL?

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds a lot more like Zod's army than anything else.

(inb4 Superman exists in the world).
    Atlas exists, and PHH timelines have Herc as a superduper hero that helps out vs the Gigas in the Gigantomacia and other stuff (along with the 12 labours that are already confirmed to have happened in some shape or form via his Noble Phantasms).

Quantum Time Lock.

While you don't have to play FGO, it might not hurt to actually try reading some of the relevant translations so that your comments don't come off as ignorant at best.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Atlas exists, and PHH timelines have Herc as a superduper hero that helps out vs the Gigas in the Gigantomacia and other stuff (along with the 12 labours that are already confirmed to have happened in some shape or form via his Noble Phantasms).

Quantum Time Lock.

While you don't have to play FGO, it might not hurt to actually try reading some of the relevant translations so that your comments don't come off as ignorant at best.
    I have been reading what I can find, so calling me ignorant is kind of bullshit coming from you. Also, I did admit to being out of the loop here.

At any rate, the thing is... how did they reconcile one and the other. Did the Olympians come from space or was it the Greek Gods in general, because if the Olympians came from space and the whole myths are non canon, this means there were never well... Titans.

At least I'm glad of being reminded Time Locks also are a thing. I'm to used to "TL" meaning "Timeline" as in OTL, ATL and TTL.

This is the part that confuses me. I am aware they came from space, but because of Lostbelts being rubbish, I can't be sure if that one is, like the "Nanite Olympians" a Lostbelt thing or happens in the main timeline. I am aware that after this Sefar arrived and laid waste to them in Atlantis and then they moved to Olympus. Where in God's Green Earth does the emergence of the Titans and the Titanomachy fits on this timeline(s)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Nothing is said of the Protogenoi. Chaos, the original Dyson sphere, split up into a fleet composed of the peeps we know as (at least some of the) Titans and the Olympians minus Dyonisus plus Hades. Kronos was the original leader but Zeus usurped him when they disagreed on settling on Earth vs. going on I believe.

Prometheus for example ended up fused with Hephaestus in the Lostbelt
    So did they choose to leave Earth or keep going while the Olympians choose to remain?

Apparently, from what you're saying, the slaying of Ouranos, the rise of Kronos and birth of Zeus and Titanomachy predated their arrival on the planet, is that right?

Never mind the fact that at this point we can't even reasonably call them "the Olympians" anymore. They aren't even remotely similar to Greek Mythology anymore! (In fact, that is why I mentioned this.)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Titanomachia (and possibly the Kronos overthrowing Ouranous) happened but in space.
    Atlantis was their original landing settlement on Earth. After its destruction in 12 000 BC the survivors migrated to Greece, suppressed/integrated indigenous divinities (such as Gorgon sisters) into their own mythological system. Greek Heroic Age begins at this point.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 17th, 2020 at 12:40 PM.

US Friend Code
    The Olympians came from space, and (on this part I'm not quite sure) fought the Titans because Zeus and Kronos disagreed on whether they should land on Earth.
    The Olympians established a city on an artificial island in the Atlantic Ocean, Atlantis. Humans lived there and worshiped them.
    Sefar arrived in 12,000 BC and killed the Olympians' physical giant robot-ship bodies, but they continued to exist as Divine Spirits (ie, their humanoid forms). With Atlantis destroyed the Atlanteans fled east and became the Greeks.
    The Divine Spirit Olympians would go on to do all the Greek myth stuff, and the non-Olympian gods were not aliens at all but preexisting deities who were absorbed into the Atlantean/Greek pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The Olympians came from space, and (on this part I'm not quite sure) fought the Titans because Zeus and Kronos disagreed on whether they should land on Earth.
    The Olympians established a city on an artificial island in the Atlantic Ocean, Atlantis. Humans lived there and worshiped them.
    Sefar arrived in 12,000 BC and killed the Olympians' physical giant robot-ship bodies, but they continued to exist as Divine Spirits (ie, their humanoid forms). With Atlantis destroyed the Atlanteans fled east and became the Greeks.
    The Divine Spirit Olympians would go on to do all the Greek myth stuff, and the non-Olympian gods were not aliens at all but preexisting deities who were absorbed into the Atlantean/Greek pantheon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Titanomachia (and possibly the Kronos overthrowing Ouranous) happened but in space.
    Atlantis was their original landing settlement on Earth. After its destruction in 12 000 BC the survivors migrated to Greece, suppressed/integrated indigenous divinities (such as Gorgon sisters) into their own mythological system. Greek Heroic Age begins at this point.
    Even though I was sure they fought here, this was also on my mind. Seems it's indeed the case. If so, I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't sued Nasu because that sounds even more so like the Autobot v Decepticon war.

I don't see parallels besides giant alien robots being involved (which is hardly a unique trope).

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    In all timelines, the olympians came from another galaxy/universe, and crash landed on Earth. Atlantis was the great interstellar ark they used to travel across galaxies,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    So, it's Stargate?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Them being from cybertron annoys me as the backstory at times feels like "shit shit we have to try and make it resemble the myths in some way" and failing, like the explanation in lb5.1 bout how all the non olympains were native gods feels like the writing trying to handwave the inconsistencies away.

Also it fucks with a lot of the motif of the myths, son overthrowing father is a big one

Another part is that I feel its a disservice to the idea of how 'gods are bad/we dont need them' that nasu goes with as its a lot easier just to get with how dickish most of them were at times to use that narrative, then again the only time non beasts really seem that bad is in LB and backstories mostly like with humbaba or herc with hera (how does that work I wonder)

I really dont care for nasu making gods the cheerleaders for humanity half the time

Sci fi was a mistake
    Last edited by Byegod; May 17th, 2020 at 06:48 PM.

But it never was “gods are bad”

that’s just you reading things that weren’t ever there in the works to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    But it never was “gods are bad”

that’s just you reading things that weren’t ever there in the works to begin with.
    Maybe, maybe.

what would you say, im legit interested

The idea of Olympians conquering the native divinites was present in Fate since the F/HA at least. It is most likely based on theories and ideas of Robert Graves so it is hardly something that was invented to handwave the mostly imaginary inconsistencies (not that Type-Moon was ever ashamed of them since the very beginning).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Maybe, maybe.

what would you say, im legit interested
    Lostbelts (Atlantis included) are portrayed as adversaries. They are not evil per se but their goals are incompatible with yours (as F/GO character).
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 17th, 2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    The idea of Olympians conquering the native divinites was present in Fate since the F/HA at least. It is most likely based on theories and ideas of Robert Graves so it is hardly something that was invented to handwave the mostly imaginary inconsistencies (not that Type-Moon was ever ashamed of them since the very beginning).

- - - Updated - - -

Lostbelts are adversaries. They are not evil per se but their goals are incompatible with yours (as F/GO character).
    Wasn't talking bout lostbelts, more gods in general.

was graves the one responsible for claiming the three gorgon sisters were gods? as i cant find a single source on that anywhere