Page 359 of 617 FirstFirst ... 259309349354357358359360361364369409459 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Wasn't the quote about fighting power though?
    Wouldn't her so-called omnipotence nullify that interpretation though? Like, why can she only fight defensively if she's omnipotent? She would just think someone out of existence. The whole quote feels pointless anyway since KnK VoidShiki wouldn't fight a Servant in the first place, and if she did why the heck would she only fight normally and not use her supposed omnipotence?

Blog Entries
    you are still not thinking correctly. here is a hint. in knk epilogue [void] offers to heal kokutou's eye, and he declines. you must read this scene with the understanding that she knew he would decline. why then did she ask?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    because it's polite to offer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    you are still not thinking correctly. here is a hint. in knk epilogue [void] offers to heal kokutou's eye, and he declines. you must read this scene with the understanding that she knew he would decline. why then did she ask?
    Good question. Why?

Blog Entries
    that is one interpretation, but it is uninteresting.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Blog Entries
    Because she also knew she would ask?

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So he could decline? It's not about her, she is an outsider, it's about Kokutou and his decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

At least i think.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Because she also knew she would ask?
    getting closer
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Because she is just a cogwheel in a completely deterministic universe. She can't avoid to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

To quote Doctor Manhattan, she is "just a puppet who can see the strings."
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Speaking of which... how the heck is Archetype Earth "more powerful" than Void? Nasu put her above Void one time in terms of power, but that makes no sense to me. Void is connected to the Root, yeah? Why is the Root of existence or whatever less powerful than a planet? How can you be "omnipotent" and still lose?
    Lostbelt 5 explained this. It's entirely depends on whether it's actually omnipotent, in other words, actually 全能 (zennou) instead of 万能 (bannou), because both of these can mean omnipotent, but they have different implications. 万能 is "can do many many many many things but not everything, but the amount of things you can do are so many that it's close to being able to do all things". Meanwhile 全能 is "can do literally any and everything in existence". LB Zeus claimed to be literally omnipotent (全能), however there are clear evidences that he can't do everything, so he is actually omnipotent in the 万能 context.

If you apply that to Ryougi, being the vessel of the Root she is technically 全能 because that's what the concept is, but in reality she is just 万能, whether due to the limitation of a human vessel or she chose to be that way is not clear.

As for why the planet might be more powerful, Tesla had a thought in LB5 that "Omnipotence (全能) as a concept still cannot control every being on Earth". So...yeah, even if you're literally omnipotent in every sense of that word, you might still lose to something on Earth.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; May 22nd, 2020 at 11:11 AM.

Just to be clear, I really hope you are not going in a "because the author is making her saying so!" direction, because personally I find this type of metanarrative analysis incredibly overdone and dull.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    any attempt to attribute omnipotence to anything but Almighty God ultimately is doomed to sounds retarded
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    consider: She makes the offer to Kokutou only because she knows he'll decline it. Put otherwise - it is because Kokutou declines it, that the offer is made at all. It's not about [void] at all. Nothing you hear in epilogue is 'about' [void]. 'She' is not talking about 'herself'. It's all about Kokutou. It is all put there for him. For his ears only. The WORLD (of epilogue) is his REPRESENTATION. Kokutou is not talking to a 'person'. There is no-one else there at all. There is no-one else who 'decides' anything, to use power, omnipotent or not, to do anything. There is no will and no action and no decision outside his. The decision is all his. The decision he makes - to decline [ ]'s offer to heal his eye, to return the injury he got in msp2 to nothing - is what Kokutou is. It is his 'Origin' in precisely the sense you've been told to think about it throughout KnK. The decision Kokutou makes in epilogue is the single impulse which originally diverges from pure nothingness ([ ]) which produces his entire life. Remember the other question she asks him?

Quote Originally Posted by epilogue
    [...]あなたは今日よりもっと楽しい明日がほしくないの?」 「......ああ、今だって楽しいからね。それで十分だって、思えるんだ」
    Quote Originally Posted by an ancient sage.
    Spontaneous symmetry-breaking. For your purposes there were only two possibilities. Generally considered to be the more likely was that she appeared to you in this way, i.e. her appearance to you was in some way contingent on your own faculties of apperception – not, it must be clarified, in the anthropomorphising sense which imparted a will that chooses an appearance you are, so to speak, comfortable with, but rather in the sense that every particularity of her appearance to you was a working-out of something immanent to the way your own consciousness organised its perceptions of the world. Or, put another way, the reason she manifested in the way she did was nothing to do with her, allowing even that anything could be 'to do' with her, which it could not – but rather entirely to do with you. The latter and more intriguing possibility, which was less an alternative to the former than it was a potential corollary, was that her appearance to you was not exhausted by its particular characteristics but rather encompassed the universality of your experience: to wit, that the entire universe as you perceived it was a mere epiphenomenon, an externality, of her particular appearance to you. She appeared to you, and in every meaningful sense this appearance was all that existed; the encounter was not a dreamlike interlude in the continuum of the everyday...rather it was the everyday, the world in its worldliness, that was a dream the antecedent encounter engendered simply and for no other reason than to contain itself.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Lostbelt 5 explained this. It's entirely depends on whether it's actually omnipotent, in other words, actually 全能 (zennou) instead of 万能 (bannou), because both of these can mean omnipotent, but they have different implications. 万能 is "can do many many many many things but not everything, but the amount of things you can do are so many that it's close to being able to do all things". Meanwhile 全能 is "can do literally any and everything in existence". LB Zeus claimed to be literally omnipotent (全能), however there are clear evidences that he can't do everything, so he is actually omnipotent in the 万能 context.

If you apply that to Ryougi, being the vessel of the Root she is technically 全能 because that's what the concept is, but in reality she is just 万能, whether due to the limitation of a human vessel or she chose to be that way is not clear.

As for why the planet might be more powerful, Tesla had a thought in LB5 that "Omnipotence (全能) as a concept still cannot control every being on Earth". So...yeah, even if you're literally omnipotent in every sense of that word, you might still lose to something on Earth.
    I like this. Way more than that crack explanation based on the ahnenerbe drama cd.

- - - Updated - - -

consider: She makes the offer to Kokutou only because she knows he'll decline it. Put otherwise - it is because Kokutou declines it, that the offer is made at all. It's not about [void] at all. Nothing you hear in epilogue is 'about' [void]. 'She' is not talking about 'herself'. It's all about Kokutou. It is all put there for him. For his ears only. The WORLD (of epilogue) is his REPRESENTATION. Kokutou is not talking to a 'person'. There is no-one else there at all. There is no-one else who 'decides' anything, to use power, omnipotent or not, to do anything. There is no will and no action and no decision outside his. The decision is all his. The decision he makes - to decline [ ]'s offer to heal his eye, to return the injury he got in msp2 to nothing - is what Kokutou is. It is his 'Origin' in precisely the sense you've been told to think about it throughout KnK. The decision Kokutou makes in epilogue is the single impulse which originally diverges from pure nothingness ([ ]) which produces his entire life. Remember the other question she asks him?
    I like this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I mean so is akiha's bloodline, even shiki and SHIKI at least have a lot of it as partial inborn potential barring MEODP

US Friend Code
    Bro, I love your explanations but you're killing me with that last line. Can you please be our teacher here and feed us the information? Given the replies it looks like no one is on the same wavelenght with you here. And I'm also not sure I completely understand. Yes, that is a thematic (or metaphoric? My english is not that great) reason for the epilogue, but what about in-universe? The way you explain it sounds like you're saying that there is no actual Void Shiki. Can you dumb it down for me a bit?

JP Friend Code
    Given the replies it looks like no one is on the same wavelenght with you here.
    It's not that.

I literally gave you the in-universe explanation of why a supposely omnipotent being might not be literally omnipotent base on recent information explained in FGO LB5, because you were confused why a supposely omnipotent being can lose in a fight. The answer is simple: "omnipotence" have nuances to it, cuz that's how Nasu love his Japanese wordplays.

Dullahan OTOH answered base on KnK.

Basically I gave you an infodump by Nasu and the writer in charge of LB5 to explain and set up for all omnipotent beings in the future to get their asses kicked because omnipotence is not always literal, while Dullahan used intepretation base on just what was presented in KnK.

Blog Entries

Speaking of which... how the heck is Archetype Earth "more powerful" than Void?
    Because she's the top in that relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It's not that.

I literally gave you the in-universe explanation of why a supposely omnipotent being might not be literally omnipotent base on recent information explained in FGO LB5, because you were confused why a supposely omnipotent being can lose in a fight. The answer is simple: "omnipotence" have nuances to it, cuz that's how Nasu love his Japanese wordplays.

Dullahan OTOH answered base on KnK.

Basically I gave you an infodump by Nasu and the writer in charge of LB5 to explain and set up for all omnipotent beings in the future to get their asses kicked because omnipotence is not always literal, while Dullahan used intepretation base on just what was presented in KnK.
    I understand that, I'm just asking for more of his take because honestly I never looked at it the way he does. I guess it doesn't help that I never read the novels (and I'm not sure how good cokesakto's translation is, but since everyone calls it fanfiction I guess not very).

Sometimes I feel like I need to read more stuff to properly understand what Nasu is saying in one of his works. For example, Carl Jung is very relevant to the whole Dark Sakura stuff. Hell, Carl Jung is relevant to a lot of things.

Such as:

Archetype – a concept "borrowed" from anthropology to denote supposedly universal and recurring mental images or themes. Jung's definitions of archetypes varied over time and have been the subject of debate as to their usefulness.

Shadow – the repressed, therefore unknown, aspects of the personality including those often considered to be negative

Anima – the contrasexual aspect of a man's psyche, his inner personal feminine conceived both as a complex and an archetypal image

Animus – the contrasexual aspect of a woman's psyche, her inner personal masculine conceived both as a complex and an archetypal image

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hmmmmm Animusphere huh