Page 426 of 617 FirstFirst ... 326376416421424425426427428431436476526 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I do think the dismantlement would thematically make a good culmination to TM's 2nd phase theme of "consumerist culture."
    Dismantling the Fate system so to speak.
    Last edited by You; October 3rd, 2021 at 04:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    On the one hand it's something I'd like to read, but on the other hand I feel like it's one of those things where everyone has built up ideas for what they want in it so that if it ever is written no one will get everything they want out of it.

Doujin is doujin, don't think too hard about it, NTR or not, just flap and go.

But I do understand why people can get more upset about Guda pairing than say fat ugly bastard NTR.

Guda is actually canon, and there's is no doubt about Gudao being a harem-type protag because even in the babylonia anime, harem tendencies are demonstrated.

Not to mention, FGO had always teased a ton of text that can be easily interpreted as possible shipping, blushing and all that.

But that's the thing though, they are just teasing. In the end, being upset about Arcueid making it to FGO is really just being upset what the fans and doujins might or will do.

But it's ok, it's all in our heads. Raikou is my favorite, but is her ship canon? No, even if I rolled for her and bonded her at 10, the whole mamashota pairing with Raikou is all in my head.

Unless the writer actually blatantly and shamelessly ship Arc and Gudao in FGO, all of your Arcueid shipping fears are all in your head.

So all you have to do is dismiss that notion from your head.

Not to mention NTR doujins are inevitable anyway...

JP Friend Code
    Just be glad Nasu can't make any of his characters sell their marriage to satan like western comics do.

I've really become numb to characters being shipped with other characters just cause the amount of bs retconing, characters being out of character and plot twists western popculture pulls.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Dismantling War is a story I can go with or can go without. It's something I spent the longest time expecting nothing from, and still have no idea what will entail, but Sanda is already on his second Dismantling War build-up series, so he clearly has some concrete plans for it. It's an inevitable conclusion to his El-Melloi trilogy, tetralogy, or however many series he's intended to write.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Actually agree. I think it's best left for fans to write what they want with some breadcrumbs from canon. Still, I won't oppose a dismantlement story, even if I end up not satisfied by what happens because it doesn't track with my preferred route or headcanons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

No, it wouldn't, because even if a version of Ciel gave him that mantle it wouldn't be Tsukihime's Ciel.
    See but nasu would treat them as the same cause thats what he does now

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I do think the dismantlement would thematically make a good culmination to TM's 2nd phase theme of "consumerist culture."
    Dismantling the Fate system so to speak.
    The question is if it'd double up too much with Requiem.

My honest opinion is that its the sort of story that doesn't need to be told really.

Also vapid Arcueid shipping with Guda the "character" is one thing.

The real psychic damage would be people trying to ship Akiha with Guda.

As someone who's not a huge fan of the "Not Blood Related" trope, I think it might be an improvement. Sure, Akiha and Shiki aren't siblings, but her romantic clinginess towards her onii-san IMO detracts from an otherwise interesting character. Brotherhood/sisterhood isn't just determined by blood.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

You kind of lose half the point of Akiha without Shiki honestly.

It's as bad as trying to ship actual Artoria with Guda imo, if not worse.

I personally don't ship Artoria with anyone at all, at least not OG Saber, so...Still, I maintain that Akiha might benefit or at least round out as a character through interactions with non-Shiki potential ship partners.

Blog Entries
    Nobody "ships" anyone with Guda. To call it "shipping" is inaccurate, it's just self-insert. It's not "I want Guda to fuck Artoria", it's "Guda is (you) fucking Artoria".

True.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    You kind of lose half the point of Akiha without Shiki honestly.

It's as bad as trying to ship actual Artoria with Guda imo, if not worse.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Nobody "ships" anyone with Guda. To call it "shipping" is inaccurate, it's just self-insert. It's not "I want Guda to fuck Artoria", it's "Guda is (you) fucking Artoria".
    Not mutually exclusive. I think people call it self-shipping. It's just pairing your vessel basically, which is often more cringe.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    As someone who's not a huge fan of the "Not Blood Related" trope, I think it might be an improvement. Sure, Akiha and Shiki aren't siblings, but her romantic clinginess towards her onii-san IMO detracts from an otherwise interesting character. Brotherhood/sisterhood isn't just determined by blood.
    I'd like to think it's a side-effect of them being mentally linked for years after she saved Shiki from dying, amplifying her affection.

Real reason is it's a carry-over trait from Azaka, whom she's partially based on.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I'd like to think it's a side-effect of them being mentally linked for years after she saved Shiki from dying, amplifying her affection.

Real reason is it's a carry-over trait from Azaka, whom she's partially based on.
    I thought the scene at end of Arc route where she's like 'Don't be stupid, I only have and only ever have had one brother.' when Shiki was like why take me in was nice. Really encapsulated that she's a heavy-handed tyrannical bitch with a heart of gold that we got glimpses of here and there. In short she's lovely. She played the role of a distant, strict but caring sister in both routes very well but the dream at the True End just makes me interested in red garden.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Still, I maintain that Akiha might benefit or at least round out as a character through interactions with non-Shiki potential ship partners.
    Kohaku.

Kohaku would be the dominating one.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Can he end every sentence with 'bro' like the mob in that Hawkeye run a few years back?
    ah, matt fraction's magnum opus
    don't quote me on this

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    I think there are one or two exceptions, like Mash, Dantes, or Mandricardo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.