Page 555 of 618 FirstFirst ... 55455505545550553554555556557560565605 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 12356

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Pseudos are fine, but there should also be a counterexample of what the spirit in question is like without the host's influence, a la Ishtar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That means more Fate/ works. No thank you!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Why is Irun malding over FGO outside of the FGO subforum
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    That sounds like a problem that a LV102 10/10/10 2K/2K fully-kitted out with CCs Sitonai doesn't have.
    No bait.

I mean I've got the 10/10/10 part down, and lvl90 1k Fous. Still pretty potato, even when I had her with Tamamo and Waver, she was still putting out less than Melt with similar supports. Maybe Castoria will fix it?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Why is Irun malding over FGO outside of the FGO subforum
    It's a matter of course that I'll defend my wife's honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    No bait.

I mean I've got the 10/10/10 part down, and lvl90 1k Fous. Still pretty potato, even when I had her with Tamamo and Waver, she was still putting out less than Melt with similar supports. Maybe Castoria will fix it?
    Well, yeah, Arturia C really lets her wake up and be the p gud/10 DPS she was meant to be, even at low NP levels.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Good thing I like Psuedo-Servants.
    Now this is an unpopular opinion I like to see!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm on the fence about them until we get Sion/Arc/Ayoko Pseudos.

Or when Valentine's 2024 happens. Damn is she gonna drain my quartz.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Arcueid, a Pseudo?

US Friend Code
    Kaguyahime Arc is too obvious to pass up

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or any other Moon goddess aside from the Greeks. Khonsu is getting a lot of groundswell these days. Imagine an Event where every boss is already weakened because they fought 'the Moon' beforehand, Especially if Artemis is also running around, only for the finale to reveal it was Arc all along. Then the post story is just Her as support fighting all those bosses, set as a flashback and with the now normal 100%damage boost (300% with MLB CE).

Knowing my luck though Arc would be the SSR banner Servant and Ayaka would be the welfare.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    This god forsaken franchise has done so many things and the fanbase is spread so thin over all of it that a work about anything could be a reflection of the fanbase at some level.
    The fanbase just has many camps and opinions, rather than being spread thin. Kinda like the FF fanbase.

As I've said before, TM does what they think is cool, fanbase be damned. If they end up bringing back the FSN masters and have them do a Shaman King esque gattai with Heroic Spirits, I wouldn't be surprised. Pseudo Servants was all over the place anyway, and nothing stops them from releasing the originals.
    We got the goddess and divine spirit bits in the Sakura Five, but we still ended up having Bryn and Tiamat themselves after that years later. It literally just depends on what they want to do at a point in time and what fits their narrative.

So yes, people who want the original divine spirits, don't despair, there is a chance you get them at one point. And for people who want 5 star versions of just your favorite character, well hey, you have instances like Shiki and Fujino who were themselves, and we already have designs set up for the level 100 versions of certain Masters. It can happen.
    You're just all at the whim of their particular tastes at the time. Like you always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    The fanbase just has many camps and opinions, rather than being spread thin. Kinda like the FF fanbase.

As I've said before, TM does what they think is cool, fanbase be damned. If they end up bringing back the FSN masters and have them do a Shaman King esque gattai with Heroic Spirits, I wouldn't be surprised. Pseudo Servants was all over the place anyway, and nothing stops them from releasing the originals.
    We got the goddess and divine spirit bits in the Sakura Five, but we still ended up having Bryn and Tiamat themselves after that years later. It literally just depends on what they want to do at a point in time and what fits their narrative.

So yes, people who want the original divine spirits, don't despair, there is a chance you get them at one point. And for people who want 5 star versions of just your favorite character, well hey, you have instances like Shiki and Fujino who were themselves, and we already have designs set up for the level 100 versions of certain Masters. It can happen.
    You're just all at the whim of their particular tastes at the time. Like you always have been.

The FF comparison works somewhat, but FF also "resets" itself every numbered work, so if you didnt like 5 it wont have much influence on 6 in lore or writing or whatever. Fate itself is in this middleground with many alternate universes but the general base "world" being built throughout all of those alt universes.

Fate also far more draws on mythology than FF, while FF uses names and the occasional motif. It's much more centered on Original characters. vs fate using 'its actually shiva/gilgamesh/enkidu ect' Which for fate invites a lot more of a critical opinion for some.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, what would be a good videogame equivalent to Fate? Kiseki is the first that jumps to mind, being all in the same world, but those are all one singular timeline. Persona maybe with it's constant references to past works yet still having no actual effect on the current plot?

I've got it! Smash! The same mechanics throughout the series, yet each takes place in a separate universe where none of the past entries took place (Unless the plot deems them relevent).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    SMT(Including spinoffs like Persona) and it's better than Fate.

That doesnt work either, Id say the closest MAY be Dc or marvel with the fuckton of alt universes where alt settings or adaptions have elements transplanted into the main one if popular enough. Like harley quinn being a DCAU creation becoming what she is now (for better or for worse)

EDIT: I find maruki a far better way you could have done beasts than fate has honestly, in the whole love aspect.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mythology is unironically, undeniably, just ancient fanfiction. Molding and shaping that is what has kept series like this churning for so long.
    Because it allows people to have room to speculate hard and IMAGINE. Especially that thing constantly told in Fate, these are "shadows" of who these people were, colored by humanity's interpretations through their stories, allowing for maximum character sheet manipulations.
    So its perfect for the types who would pour hours into developing character backstories and discussing alternate plot lines.

^I always thought of Beasts as something humanity has to accept rather than reject in order to move on from them.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; June 26th, 2022 at 05:32 AM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Pretty sure Altima's comparison with FFextended only to the fanbase.

I'm kinda torn on the "borrowed mythology" aspect of Fate tbh. On one hand it can serve as basis for a great spin on a character, as well as a great character in their own right, like the OG Saber. But it could also easily be "Hey we got HistoricalFigure#634 in our game. We also genderbent them for waifu points. Get rollin'!" and that feels cheap. Not like there can't be good characters even in the latter context. I quite like Musashi, for example, but a lot of the initial mysticism just isn't there anymore.

To me this whole HGW and Servant thing works best when it is the backdrop for the more core story of the work. Like in FSN the point is not the HGW, it's the evolution of Shirou's idealism.

Anyway this was just your Tom-moans-about-fgos-business-model moment of the week. Ignore as you please.
    burn your dread you coward

Mythology is a lot of things, and the whole thing with colored by humanity's interpretations is fucking inconsistent, some characters have them when they should while others don't have them when they should and others have them for iffy reasons.

I mean many MANY servants should have innocent monster but dont, many GB that people thought were male dont have it, servants that have NPs that dont match history may or may not have it depending on the writer. It's as you said in a previous post, It's up to whatever the writers feelings at the time but I dont think thats a good thing if you want to be seen in certain ways

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    the only way to prevent gender bend is to fire Takeuchi from Type-Moon or writer tries really hard to convince Takeuchi to not gender bend.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Pretty sure Altima's comparison with FFextended only to the fanbase.

I'm kinda torn on the "borrowed mythology" aspect of Fate tbh. On one hand it can serve as basis for a great spin on a character, as well as a great character in their own right, like the OG Saber. But it could also easily be "Hey we got HistoricalFigure#634 in our game. We also genderbent them for waifu points. Get rollin'!" and that feels cheap. Not like there can't be good characters even in the latter context. I quite like Musashi, for example, but a lot of the initial mysticism just isn't there anymore.

Honestly, I'm not sure by spin you mean originality or not.

But personally I feel one of the prime issue's I have with the arbitrariness and OC added parts is that often times, I find it either not nearly as interesting as the original myths. or it feels less like a 'interesting spin' and more 'subverting my expectations'.
    Last edited by Byegod; June 26th, 2022 at 05:58 AM.