Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What Keeps You Invested in Type-MOON?

That goddamn Tsukihime remake

Mainly Fate strange Fake, but I also enjoy other works like LN or anime when they are released or translated which renews my interest.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    I've been thinking about this more than usual lately. I think the thematic side of the stories has always been a big thing for me, the idea of how each work interlaces with these other thematic meanings and that thematic continuity is something I think's important. The way You put it a few pages back describes my feelings on that pretty well.

With that said, I think that's what keeps me reading the things Type-Moon puts out, which is kind of different than why I've stayed engaged with the setting as much as I have over the past-odd decade.

I think the reason I've stayed engaged with the setting is just because it's fun to write in. Part of that's because of how Type-Moon's magic system is based in anthropology, part of it's because of the aforementioned thematic nature of the setting, etc etc, but I think if I just wanna simplify it then that's why. Like, nowadays when a chapter of GO I especially like comes out, or a new project comes out and I'm excited to experience it, that's good, but I think that feeling alone would just make me keep up with it the way I do for most things I have a passing interest in.

Sometimes a little offhand blurb in a new chapter of GO, or a sidenote in a VN from 16+ years ago that I rediscover when I'm grabbing quotes to explain stuff to a friend, or a random discussion with friends about X news headline or Y stupid joke sparks some thoughts and gets me putting pen to paper. How could you turn that into a magus? What would their story look like? What are their themes and possible arcs? How would they play off X or Y aspect of the setting? I'll talk about that with friends and bounce ideas off them, I'll design concepts for a roleplay based off the idea, I'll write up character notes, and so on. It's just fun for me. If that wasn't the case, I don't think I'd be nearly as involved in it after all this time.

I don't know why. I thought it was because I was interested in it after liking what I watched or read, but I noticed I've been more frustrated and annoyed, then I was when I first came here. Maybe the things that I watched and read gave me bad expectations about everything as a whole because it seems like when something new shows up or happens, people are happy and well, I'm not.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Shirou Emiya's dream is why I keep coming back to Fate, in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Characters/cool shit, the only reason ive stuck on long enough

Characters, this complicated world, concepts, power systems and (questions and answers)Also the plot sometimes

I've been on and off with TM ever since FGO's advent...

I really like the OG FSN cast so I eat up any content with them (like the Emiya Gohan spinoff)

FGO is something I get excited about sometimes but ultimately don't care much for except for a few select servants and lore bits. I've stopped playing since 2018, sometimes I have a desire to come back.

Tsukihime Remake is something I'm definitely excited for but somehow it still seems far away. Hopefully when it comes around, Tsuki can become a series that is on the level of Fate for TM (or at least close to).

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    A combination of Sunken Costs Fallacy, most other fandoms and lores being worse nowadays, and needing things to write about in a regular basis so I don't go completely mad.

Also, Osakabehime, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    A combination of Sunken Costs Fallacy
    Suxx man
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    My favorite waifu's Saber and Nero. They make my life so much happier; they're such great and cheerful characters!

The tsukihime remake, TM works that i need to finish/start and the eventuality of a new TM fighting game.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Case Files, Adventures, FSF, and good fanfic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The promise of non-fate stuff.

死者 Corpse
    Mars. Somewhere i hope it's not the earth
    JP Friend Code
    My (a**hole) friends .... I really don't have any other reasons to.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Anticipation for Extra Record's release. Excited to see what kind of new lores they add, new characters both only mentioned in OG and brand new ones, and how it will affect subsequent releases around Extraverse from then on.

Spoiler:
    A certain plot point hinted in TsukiRe about its new character rekindle the anticipation I have, as well as curiosity for said character's likely expanded role in Extra Record.

US Friend Code
    Sunken cost is definitely a part of it. Modern Type-Moon is something I've found myself growing more and more annoyed with, but I can never bring myself to fully distance myself from it. Even after all the shit Type-Moon has thrown out that I've hated or had no particular feelings about, I still find myself coming back to it over and over, and I still consider it to be my favorite media franchise of all time. Outside of that, I guess it's just also that the parts I do like, I like enough to the point that I can at least tolerate things like Grand Order. I just constantly hold out hope that maybe, just maybe I'll one day be able to enjoy Type-Moon as I once did. And even if that day never comes, at the very least, I've got Tsukihime here to read a million times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Finally got a loli vamp in Tsukihime (hoping for Altrouge, but whatever). Now, we need the loli succubus (or succubi) back in the game.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Wignall View Post
    The foolproof chance for all genderswapped characters in Fate/Grand Order to have the height of 69 Inches & a weight of about 57 Kilograms.
    I'm glad TYPE-MOON is so happy to oblige your highly-specific preferences.

also it really bothered me how you used the imperial and metric systems in the same sentence

Blog Entries
    Sex number is funny.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad