Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Keeps You Invested in Type-MOON?

That goddamn Tsukihime remake

Mainly Fate strange Fake, but I also enjoy other works like LN or anime when they are released or translated which renews my interest.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    I've been thinking about this more than usual lately. I think the thematic side of the stories has always been a big thing for me, the idea of how each work interlaces with these other thematic meanings and that thematic continuity is something I think's important. The way You put it a few pages back describes my feelings on that pretty well.

With that said, I think that's what keeps me reading the things Type-Moon puts out, which is kind of different than why I've stayed engaged with the setting as much as I have over the past-odd decade.

I think the reason I've stayed engaged with the setting is just because it's fun to write in. Part of that's because of how Type-Moon's magic system is based in anthropology, part of it's because of the aforementioned thematic nature of the setting, etc etc, but I think if I just wanna simplify it then that's why. Like, nowadays when a chapter of GO I especially like comes out, or a new project comes out and I'm excited to experience it, that's good, but I think that feeling alone would just make me keep up with it the way I do for most things I have a passing interest in.

Sometimes a little offhand blurb in a new chapter of GO, or a sidenote in a VN from 16+ years ago that I rediscover when I'm grabbing quotes to explain stuff to a friend, or a random discussion with friends about X news headline or Y stupid joke sparks some thoughts and gets me putting pen to paper. How could you turn that into a magus? What would their story look like? What are their themes and possible arcs? How would they play off X or Y aspect of the setting? I'll talk about that with friends and bounce ideas off them, I'll design concepts for a roleplay based off the idea, I'll write up character notes, and so on. It's just fun for me. If that wasn't the case, I don't think I'd be nearly as involved in it after all this time.

I don't know why. I thought it was because I was interested in it after liking what I watched or read, but I noticed I've been more frustrated and annoyed, then I was when I first came here. Maybe the things that I watched and read gave me bad expectations about everything as a whole because it seems like when something new shows up or happens, people are happy and well, I'm not.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

A bisexual mecha-lover who enjoys the anime aesthetic naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Shirou Emiya's dream is why I keep coming back to Fate, in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Characters/cool shit, the only reason ive stuck on long enough

Characters, this complicated world, concepts, power systems and (questions and answers)Also the plot sometimes

I've been on and off with TM ever since FGO's advent...

I really like the OG FSN cast so I eat up any content with them (like the Emiya Gohan spinoff)

FGO is something I get excited about sometimes but ultimately don't care much for except for a few select servants and lore bits. I've stopped playing since 2018, sometimes I have a desire to come back.

Tsukihime Remake is something I'm definitely excited for but somehow it still seems far away. Hopefully when it comes around, Tsuki can become a series that is on the level of Fate for TM (or at least close to).

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    A combination of Sunken Costs Fallacy, most other fandoms and lores being worse nowadays, and needing things to write about in a regular basis so I don't go completely mad.

Also, Osakabehime, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    A combination of Sunken Costs Fallacy
    Suxx man
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My favorite waifu's Saber and Nero. They make my life so much happier; they're such great and cheerful characters!