I think the thing I appreciate the most about Typemoon is the worldview that it espouses and how different it is from the worldviews commonly found in contemporary western media and weeb media. While it is a very modernist setting, one that separates nature and culture, it looks at the world in a more metaphysical way. Everything usually an extra layer of thematic meaning that is consistent with the internal worldview presented. At the same time, Typemoon's original urban fantasy seems like it attempted to ground itself in reality (magecraft, myths and legends, drugz, the gaia principle), arguably the setting has moved past that by quite a bit, but the setting emphasizes the possibility of different worldviews than the ones people interact with everyday and in doing so you belong more tolerant to the diversity of how people see the world.
So I think the more you get into Typemoon, the more you read its works done by all sorts of writers, you eventually figure out the idea of "canon" in this fictional universe is pretty useless. And the people who say things like "strange fake isn't canon because its by degenki bunko" or "prototype fragements is in a different universe so it doesn't apply" are irrelevant. Because when the authors are writing these stories, they don't care about the details of your continuity. The world building continuity is only there because of the thematic continuity or jokes.