Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 49121314

Thread: Hermione Granger and the Peerless Alchemist (A Matou Shinji Series AU Quest)

Blog Entries
    [x] An oath sounds good.

If that's what it takes to cure Draco from his loathing towards Sokaris.

Plus, seems it makes their little group more prestigious (yes, I know it's probably a magical contract / Unbreakable Vow)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]An oath sounds good.

I agree it will make the group more prestigious. They can also look at the different magical contracts that exist.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x]An oath sounds good

"I...yes," Hermione agreed. While she had some reservations, she thought it better to handle this now, especially if it meant her friends would no longer...stop acting like her friends. She extended her hand as well, as if to shake, only to pause and stare as Draco drew his wand and slashed it across his hand, opening a shallow cut from which blood ran freely.

"What are you waiting for, Granger?" the blond asked after seeing her freeze up. "Cut your hand so we can continue?"

"Um..." the bushy-haired girl mumbled. "...I've never done this before."

"Oh." Draco's eyebrow twitched in annoyance as he stood there, as rivulets of bright red ran down his hand, and heavy drops began to drip to the floor. "You mean a pact, or cutting yourself?"

"Both?"

"Fine, I'll do it then," the boy groused, swiping his wand quickly over her hand, with the girl feeling something sharp for a moment, before her hand was bloody too. "Press your bloody hand to mine," he instructed.

"Are you..." Hermione trailed off, not at all sure about this.

"...damnit, do you want to do this or not?" Draco snapped. "I'm willing to put the past behind me, but if you're not, then--"

"N-no, I'm willing," the bushy-haired girl exclaimed sharply. "I'm willing," she repeated to herself as she pressed her hand against his, only to let out an eep as he intertwined his fingers with hers. She...a handsome boy was holding her hand! Yes, they were bleeding, and this was probably part of some magical ritual, but...he was holding her hand.

"We're ready,"
    the blond said, his voice quiet but resolved. "Speak the terms, Matou."

"Very well," the Japanese boy uttered solemnly. "Draco Malfoy, do you take this woman, Hermione Granger's, declaration as true and uncoerced?"

"I do."

"Do you agree to set aside any resentment or hostility stemming from the incident with Filch, to leave behind your grudges towards her - or towards Sialim Sokaris - and to work with Granger in taking back what was lost?"

"I do."

"And do you agree to take her to be your friend and companion, to stand beside her in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, and to never betray your friendship for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Draco said, a third and final time as the blood on his hands began to glow a faint orche.

"Hermione Granger, you have seen this vow made by the man before you. In the light of this, in the eyes of your peers and the world itself, do you accept this man, Draco Malfoy's vow of friendship in the spirit it was made?"

"I do," Hermione said, her voice almost a squeak.

"Do you agree to set aside any resentment or hostility stemming from the incident with Filch towards any Slytherin that was present who were present, to leave behind your grudges towards any of our number, and to work with us in taking back what is yours?"

"I do."

"And do you, Hermione Granger, agree to take Draco Malfoy as your friend and companion, to stand beside him in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, and to never betray your friendship for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," the girl repeated for the third and final time, as her blood began to glow a faint orche, only for the color to change into something closer to a milky white where their blood mingled together.

There was a sound like a chime, or the tinkling of bells, as two glowing drops rose into the air - one from each person - drawing closer and closer together until they melded into one, with an iridescent vial surrounding it before it began to sink, falling down, down, down into Matou's hand.

"Then what has been joined in blood, let none put asunder," Matou Shinji intoned. He held the pendant before them. "This vial is the symbol of your oath, of the contract you have made with one another. So long as it exists, the vow cannot be broken - not by any power of man, magic or mundane." He smiled - or rather his lips curved upwards, though it wasn't the most pleasant expression. "Would one of you like to keep it as a reminder? Or shall I hold onto it for you?"

How does Hermione respond?

[ ] She would like it - it is the symbol of reconciliation with her first friend
    [ ] She would like Matou to hold onto it, as the one who oversaw this ceremony
    [ ] She would like Draco to have it, as having him as her...friend is enough
    [ ] Is there a way they could both have one?
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; May 30th, 2019 at 09:46 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    [x] She would like it - it is the symbol of reconciliation with her first friend.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    ​[x]She would like it - it is the symbol of reconciliation with her first friend.