Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vortigen is like a Akuryū Genshō?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Because he isn't trying to wipe out humanity, and he's not as powerful as a Beast.
    Well he is trying to wipe out humanity, it’s just that isn’t the qualifying factor for a Beast. The factor to qualify is that they need to love humanity, which I don’t think Vortigen does
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Well he is trying to wipe out humanity, it’s just that isn’t the qualifying factor for a Beast. The factor to qualify is that they need to love humanity, which I don’t think Vortigen does
    No, he was just trying to return Britain to its golden age of magic superiority, just like all those articles about how millennials are killing the poor diamond industry. The extinction of humanity wasn't even a possibility in his case, he was just the avatar of Britain.

Also the Beasts are usually a whole lot scarier and more broken- Tiamat literally couldn't be killed as long as there was life left in the world, and continuously spread her... birth goop, birthing millions of creatures, basically unstoppable even by the best Chaldea could summon, Gil included, whereas Kiara became some sort of galaxy buddha with demon pillars out the wazoo, literally. Primate Murder straight-up broke the rules of the universe and did the Lazarus thing.

Vort kicked up a storm, made Gawain piss himself and eventually was stopped by two heroes.

Definitely not comparable.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Primate Murder straight-up broke the rules of the universe and did the Lazarus thing.
    This is taken completely out of context though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, but it's still basically true, also I didn't wanna spoil too badly.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

No, he was just trying to return Britain to its golden age of magic superiority, just like all those articles about how millennials are killing the poor diamond industry. The extinction of humanity wasn't even a possibility in his case, he was just the avatar of Britain.

Also the Beasts are usually a whole lot scarier and more broken- Tiamat literally couldn't be killed as long as there was life left in the world, and continuously spread her... birth goop, birthing millions of creatures, basically unstoppable even by the best Chaldea could summon, Gil included, whereas Kiara became some sort of galaxy buddha with demon pillars out the wazoo, literally. Primate Murder straight-up broke the rules of the universe and did the Lazarus thing.

Vort kicked up a storm, made Gawain piss himself and eventually was stopped by two heroes.

Definitely not comparable.
    Well true, if you put it like that the difference is big. I wonder if the Beast of Babylon and Angra (not the Shirou-like dude but the giant thing that almost is born in HF) have feats like that.

JP Friend Code
    You forgot to mention Goetia burned the multiverse just to reset the entire planet to fit his ideal.

That is a somewhat impressive misunderstanding of what he did.

JP Friend Code
    There is no misunderstanding, you are pretty impressive in not understanding anything if I must say. He indeed burned all worlds and planned to go back to the beginning of the planet and rebuild it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    He burned the worlds, yeah, but he didn't burn the multiverse. Dude is nowhere near killing single universes, let alone several.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    You do realize that Aniplex called sanzensekai the multiverse right? And
    sekai
    uchuu
    is already a thing.
    world
    Cosmos
    in the Lostbelt is also a thing. Heck the Last Encore setting is referred to as a universe, when mentioning Buddha leaving "this universe" only left his NP behind. You can call it the world of LE, or the universe of LE, all the same. Multiworld and multiverse is all the same in the context of what we currently knew about the settings.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes there are more instances of uchuu being thrown around, especially stuffs involving Kiara and the Buddha. Like they kept saying these Buddha tier ppl can affect an entire solar system, but in Extra mats the Buddhas and Kiara are stated to be universe scale. Universe in this context is not literally the entire big thing that includes countless galaxies and star system in cosmology.

- - - Updated - - -

Point is, Nasu way of describing his multiverse is not what you see in other fiction, nitpicking is just pointless due to interchanging terms like that. It's just like the whole "timeline" definition thing discussed in the FGO story and lore thread back then. And because they are being used this way, I will continue to use it.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; October 18th, 2018 at 07:16 PM.

He burned the worlds, yeah, but he didn't burn the multiverse. Dude is nowhere near killing single universes, let alone several.
    If you nuke every alternate world and timeline entirely, in order to create a new perfect trunk, what's the difference to effectively burning the multiverse or "killing a universe"? It's gone either way, what difference does it matter what you call it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Oh, btw, I remember that Votigern tanked Excalibur and Gallatine? well, that's a impressive feat. I wonder if human Votigern looks like Middle Aged Evil Arthur.

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... Personally I'd prefer him to have a more distinct design rather than being a (male) Saberface.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Oh, btw, I remember that Votigern tanked Excalibur and Gallatine? well, that's a impressive feat. I wonder if human Votigern looks like Middle Aged Evil Arthur.
    Actually, he depowered them, necessitating the use of Rhongomyniad.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Storm make Galatine lost its power and excalibur also lost its light
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    No the storm didn't do that, those are to unrelated powers that Vortigen can do, or at least that's what I'm pretty sure is
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here