Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    That's not exactly true. If she made no mistakes in her governance, there wouldn't have been so many malcontents for Mordred to make into an army, and if her military strategy was flawless needless to say she wouldn't have died the way she did. Rather, her problem was that she believed that in order to be a good king she had to be inhuman. She didn't indulge in any vice. She showed no favouritism, even when her very best friends were brought before her. She literally didn't even display her emotions openly. That's why people called her inhuman- because she was doing her level best to appear that way.
    And then they all got butthurt and rebelled because her never showing favouritism, and always judging without bias/making the 'right' choice made them all feel like they had small dicks.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Pretty much, yeah. At least that's my take on it.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That whole saber doesn’t know failure bit is not my interpretation, it’s lifted straight from GoA.

the reason Lancelot and the other’s resented her was because they made mistakes and she didn’t.
    While that's true, in Lancelots case anyway is more then that she didn't make mistakes but why she didn't make mistakes. On that she is literally sacrificing her happiness as a person just for the happiness of the kingdom, for that is how King Arthur was able to be such a perfect king. She abandoned her humanity.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Are we...saying anything different? I honestly can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Emphasizing different matters, I think.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Emphasizing different matters, I think.
    Yeah that. I'm not disagreeing with anything that Tobias is saying. It's just two fold. One is that how Artoria ruled made her servants and soldiers lose confidence in themselves in that they try to emulate her but fail. And then they realize why they can't emulate her and see that how she lives is actually quite inhuman that they are split between pity and anger.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That whole saber doesn’t know failure bit is not my interpretation, it’s lifted straight from GoA.

the reason Lancelot and the other’s resented her was because they made mistakes and she didn’t.
    Yeah, but it's a different sort of failure. She had no personal failings, unlike the knights.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    she had no personal failings because she threw away herself as a person
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

she had no personal failings because she threw away herself as a person
    Didn't deny that, but also I was trying to get at the fact that whatever mistakes she made, none of them were due to personal flaws for the reason you mentioned.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    not a reply just a spicy take
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

I see. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    If Saber looked like her Lancer version from the get-go I think the world would've been a better place.

I'm pretty sure lust worms and crest worms are two different things that shouldn't be confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by F/SN HF
    Once swarmed by these lust worms, men will have their spine crushed, brain sucked, and be made into a cripple.
    Quote Originally Posted by F/SN HF
    They give the woman huge enough orgasms to fry her brain, and they go into her body to devour her placenta.
    Unwilling to eat human flesh, the worms have only one way to get what they desire.
    As a result, the woman's mind and body are completely devoured and destroyed.
    If Zouken did this to all the Matou successors, the Matous wouldn't have slowly declined, they would've died out in one generation due to all their potential successors being crippled and/or in a vegetative state. Lust worms aren't for Matou successors, they're for eating people to keep Zouken alive. Crest worms do all the things Kirei described in the day-9 church scene (entangle with the host's nervous system, become a magic crest, eat up the host's mana, kill if Zouken commands it, etc.) in order to make the successors easy for Zouken to control, turn them into parasites just like him, and make them feel some of his pain. They don't crush spines, fry brains, or eat organs, though, because Zouken needs his successors alive and functioning in order to keep the family going.

Failing to make this distinction is probably how "Sakura can't have children" got started.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    I'm pretty sure lust worms and crest worms are two different things that shouldn't be confused:

If Zouken did this to all the Matou successors, the Matous wouldn't have slowly declined, they would've died out in one generation due to all their potential successors being crippled and/or in a vegetative state. Lust worms aren't for Matou successors, they're for eating people to keep Zouken alive. Crest worms do all the things Kirei described in the day-9 church scene (entangle with the host's nervous system, become a magic crest, eat up the host's mana, kill if Zouken commands it, etc.) in order to make the successors easy for Zouken to control, turn them into parasites just like him, and make them feel some of his pain. They don't crush spines, fry brains, or eat organs, though, because Zouken needs his successors alive and functioning in order to keep the family going.

Failing to make this distinction is probably how "Sakura can't have children" got started.
    yeah
    sakura got lust wormed too though
    Seeing the 'trump card' take effect, Zōken jeered loudly.

"Huhuhuhu, this does have immediate results.

Do you know? That piece of prana you swallowed just now came from a Lust Worm. The one that first absorbed Sakura’s innocence. How about that, Kariya? The vitality of a young girl, absorbed continuously over the course of this past year—it is the best magecraft energy of all, yes?"

And perhaps it was this chain of cruel actions that satisfied his sadistic heart; the elderly magus turned around, his face full of smiles. Just as he was about to leisurely leave the worm storage, his derisive mockeries once again pierced into Kariya’s ears.

Fate/Zero: because Sakura's backstory didn't have enough suffering in it already

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    Fate/Zero: because Sakura's backstory didn't have enough suffering in it already
    Honestly it seems on par with what we see her experience in HF. Just with soap opera drama from Kariya added in.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    The thing with Saber is she never got to balance the absolute perfection with the relatability. Her men had a large share of the blame for expecting a perfect King and then not liking it because it was too perfect, but she was just too narrow minded herself to realize she was supposed to be a leading human and not a leading machine.

Gil and Iskandar aren't probably the best comparisons and examples because the former was an awful leader until he wised up and the latter was a pretty terrible leader for a nation even if a genius military leader (in-universe, at least, in real life we could debate things a lot more), but Ozy probably counts as a better example of what she might have allowed herself to become (again in-universe, where IIRC he didn't bring as much misery to his own people by stubbornly opposing Moses as he did in the Bible).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The thing with Saber is she never got to balance the absolute perfection with the relatability. Her men had a large share of the blame for expecting a perfect King and then not liking it because it was too perfect, but she was just too narrow minded herself to realize she was supposed to be a leading human and not a leading machine.

Gil and Iskandar aren't probably the best comparisons and examples because the former was an awful leader until he wised up and the latter was a pretty terrible leader for a nation even if a genius military leader (in-universe, at least, in real life we could debate things a lot more), but Ozy probably counts as a better example of what she might have allowed herself to become (again in-universe, where IIRC he didn't bring as much misery to his own people by stubbornly opposing Moses as he did in the Bible).
    Speaking of Ozy how does Exodus go down in TM?

As for another misconception, I believe a current one is Rin destroying her entire Crest for Shirou in the UBW route, right?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    IIRC he still didn't want to let the Hebrews go, and at least some of the plagues happened, but not so harshly, and when Ozy saw the Red Sea splitting his heart softened and he just let Moses go without giving further chase, and wishing him luck.

I'm going from very vague memories though.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I can't fathom Gawain nor Galahad being jealous of Saber's perfection, specially the latter since he was supposed to be even more perfect (as a knight), no?