Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 94954575859606164 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1303

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    A somewhat reoccurring misconception is that Mordred's problems could be fixed if Seiba went 'good job son'.
    She didn’t even think of asking to be loved. If at least… if at least some
    interest had been shown towards her, if she had been at least looked at,
    that alone would have been enough.
    What a foolish thing to say. You would never have been satisfied. You would
    have endlessly sought love, sought compassion and finally sought the right to
    the throne, until you spoiled that peaceful rule in the end—
    A whisper came from deep inside her. Though she felt irritated at it,
    she also agreed with it.
    Even Mordred is self-aware enough to know that that's not true.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Magi use circuits for mad calcs. More circuits = more CPU cores.
    Alchemist use circuits to build rooms inside brain. You can build n^a with meh circuits so what's the point of using your circuits to do calcs when you have brain rooms. The brain is probably limited so there's no point in having more circuits than what gives you your max amount of rooms. Having extra circuits that don't synergize with the the brain rooms is either a waste or goes against that philosophy of theirs.
    Late reply but I don't see a quote in there explicitly saying they use their circuits to create rooms.

In fact that quote saying the continued on as normal humans implies that they didn't really need to use circuits for their calculations, as they separate use of circuits from their intelligence.

Was the highlighting of the part saying they were possessed by Laplace's demon implying some sort of spiritual channeling? I don't remember anything about spiritual channeling being mentioned as part of Atlas' methods. I just saw it as a metaphor for how they were completely dedicated to the causal determinism the demon was used to articulate.

They call Thought acceleration their magic but that doesn't necessarily equate magic circuit use, especially when combined with TwilightsCall's quotation from Extra material saying they could continue their work without magical energy.

Blog Entries
    They don't use magical energy but I defy you to find me a quote that says they don't use magic circuits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Late reply but I don't see a quote in there explicitly saying they use their circuits tO create rooms

If thought acceleration doesn't use magical energy and it also doesn't use circuits it's not magecraft?
    Last edited by You; October 21st, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Wasn’t the entire premise of the alchemist organization that they were basically a group of mages who lost the ability to channel magecraft so they turned to alternate strategies such as creating concepts that could do it for them as well as prediction of the future by way of Laplace’s Demon?

either they don’t have circuits or they completely lost connection to the land, and since they appear not to be able to channel at all I actually think they probably don’t have mystic circuits anymore as we understand them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Wasn’t the entire premise of the alchemist organization that they were basically a group of mages who lost the ability to channel magecraft so they turned to alternate strategies such as creating concepts that could do it for them as well as prediction of the future by way of Laplace’s Demon?

either they don’t have circuits or they completely lost connection to the land, and since they appear not to be able to channel at all I actually think they probably don’t have mystic circuits anymore as we understand them.
    I hurriedly enter a large building in order to download data simultaneously from the gathered minds there.

With only poor Magic Circuits, we cannot rely upon magical means for the realization of the occult.
    Therefore, we use only our minds to do so.
    We read the stars, the wind, people, the

This is why they call me the Spirit Hacker Sion Eltnam.
    This filament, Etherlite, is able to compel and coerce the human nervous system.
    "It goes without saying that the future is not something that occurs, but is something that is made.
    With the ingredients of the present day, we make the future for better or worse. We analyze these ingredients to measure the future.
    We dramatically shift probability to make a perfect model from the ingredients.
    Magic Circuits are paths connecting to the 'root' called 'The One'. Magi use these to bring their ideal future closer.
    However, those of us with meager Magic Circuits must rely only upon our own intellect to make that ideal future."
    The pinnacle of alchemy is creating a miracle.
    That is the magic of alchemy.

We are weak.
    Our bodies are hereditarily frail and our Magic Circuits are below average.

The source of alchemy as derived by our ancestors is different from what we practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by knk dict
    Spellcasting is not a method to speak to the World, but a method to speak to oneself. Even for the same spell, different magi will utilize different incantations due to their distinct natures.
    As an aside, spells that speak to the World rather than oneself are classified as Grand Spells or Grand Rituals, and it is impossible for an individual to use such spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by knk dict
    However, the essence of magecraft as a discipline was to challenge that “Nothingness,” and endeavor towards the impossible. Large-scale spells such as the so-called Grand Sorceries, Grand Rituals were really purposeless if not for attempting to reach “ ” (kara) or True Magic.
    Kara no Kyoukai was a story of one magus’ attempt at challenging “Nothingness.”
    so "ideal future" using brainz
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I didn’t think they used their circuits for partitioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

祖 Ancestor
    I can totally see the alchemists using circuits for their craft.
    I doubt Tatari could be a thing without circuits, I just don't see the connection between circuits and thought partitioning.

I thought it was some special technique like perfect Breathing and Walking the right way, it would just be a method of thinking the right way.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Where were the quotes where Sion is talking directly about herself from?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aldeayeah posted the entire melty script in unlimited kitchen works

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Common misconception...

Why did the VN stated that Ea is a "Sword of Rupture" when that weapon is originally a staff used as a magic stirrer by the gods?

Are they insistent enough to disprove that Gil is a magical boy swinging the weapon like a magic staff? I mean, look at how he uses the weapon in FSN and Fate/Zero.

That's not even counting how he used it in CCC and Grand Order.
    Last edited by hayate; October 27th, 2019 at 06:02 AM.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Blog Entries
    Your misconception is that staves can’t be swords
    Anything can be anything, actually, words are meaningless

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if it's a sword then why is gil not a saber

checkmate atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Don’t be stupid what kind of Saber would use a sword, swords are for archers (the Archer class is full of them)

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Don’t be stupid what kind of Saber would use a sword, swords are for archers (the Archer class is full of them)
    And if they fire beams, then they qualify as Saber.

Exceptions to the rule still applies though, as Majin Okita Souji fires beams and is an Alterego.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I agree...we dont know the details, but i can atleast see why they thought that since Takeuchi said Archer's timeline might have been something like a "Fate route good route" situation where its not the best or ideal conclusion but they made it to the end.

That UC storyline fits for the most part, there's no real conclusions made by Shirou or Arturia, everything stays on the straight and narrow for Shirou. The only real deviation is the implication that in Archer's timeline Arturia is still looking for a non evil grail because Shirou was unable to make her stop trying to redo the past, but they still ended up destroying that one, similar to UBW because it was evil.

It might have been the same in UC, but its impossible to tell for sure
    yeah, but what's the ''missing ingredient'' that separate archer's timeline from FSN that was hinted by nasu?

that's the 1 million dollar question
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Blog Entries
    It’s sex dummy

"Shirou has PTSD."

Even ignoring the fact PTSD has never been mentioned in canon or in interviews and whatnot, Shirou still doesn't meet the criteria for the condition as shown here. If anything, (and again, we're being really generous here) he might suffer from Persistent complex bereavement disorder.
    やれやれだぜ。。。 - 空条承太郎

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In this case I'm pretty sure PTSD is just shorthand for 'abnormal mental behaviour after a traumatic event'. Because not everyone is a psychiatrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_guilt
    "There were three types: first, there was guilt about staying alive while others died; second, there was guilt about the things they failed to do – these people often suffered post-traumatic 'intrusions' as they relived the event again and again; third, there were feelings of guilt about what they did do, such as scrambling over others to escape. These people usually wanted to avoid thinking about the catastrophe. They didn't want to be reminded of what really happened."
    This one get gets listed more than anything, and fits to a T if you want a name for Shirou's condition.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"