Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Most Magi that beome DA skip the Ghoul step because they use magic to do it instead of contracing Moon Aids.

Roa skipped the Ghoul step because he apparently nat 20'd a charisma check and convinced this woman he'd never spoken to before to drink his blood like that's a normal thing.

Sacchin skipped all the steps because she's just a freak of nature that is naturally suited to vampirism specifically.

Nasu fights actually go and end really quick tho.Sometimes in one attack even.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Yes, due to having super magical potential like Ciel. I assume if she didn't have that super magical potential, she'd be another one of the Dead instead.
    Sacchin skipped because because she's a psychic.And her psychic power is "become a vamp good"

- - - Updated - - -

"----No, it's alright. I want to think that what happened with Yumizuka was for the best.
    …… But, I see now. Yumizuka wasn't a vampire from the beginning. She was attacked by that vampire, and that was the result---"
    "Yes, that's true.
    But I don't think there are others like Yumizuka-san. It takes many years before a vampire can function as a vampire.
    For her to be able to function immediately, Yumizuka Satsuki must have had amazing spiritual conception."

"Eh…? Spiritual conception? What's that?"
    "A functional extent of the brain determined when a person is an embryo---or so it is said. Like how you use your ability, it is employing a section of the brain most people never use.
    The same for Yumizuka Satsuki. She was naturally 'suitable'. So, instead of being under the control of her parent vampire, she became a vampire that could act independently."

I don't understand Senpai's explanation.
    But, one thing occurs to me.
    "Um, about the supernatural powers..."

"Oh yeah, supernatural powers... But, there are many different kinds of powers. We don't measure them genuinely here, so I don't know if I can help you. In my occupation, this is an ominous subject, so only a few laboratories study it in Japan. This thing is a black box, you know, so the real details don't get to me. Yeah, I heard it's getting practical, but I have to wonder. That thing is, you know, something you have to have when you are born..."

"I really don't care about the classification. Either way, I think of them as psionic powers. What I want to know is how people end up with these powers."

"They're like channels. You watch TV?"

"Well, yeah... but what about it?"

"You can compare the human brain to channels. Which channel do you usually watch?"

"...Let's see… I guess it's channel 8."

"That's it. That should be the channel with the highest rating, right? Let's say there are 12 channels in a human brain. The brains of you and me are always on channel 8, the channel with the highest rating. There are other channels but we can't go there. The channel that everyone watches... should I say "common sense"? Channel 8 is the channel we have to be on in order to live within that common sense. Do you understand?"
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Yes, due to having super magical potential like Ciel. I assume if she didn't have that super magical potential, she'd be another one of the Dead instead.
    well she had reality marble, if only we could see that for full potential.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Sacchin skipped because because she's a psychic.And her psychic power is "become a vamp good"
    Huh. I thought Satsuki had really good Magic Circuits/magic potential or something like Ciel, and that that was the reason she could skip all the stages so quickly.

Or was that fanon?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    well she had reality marble, if only we could see that for full potential.
    Isn't it shown in Melty Blood? Something about just draining surrounding mana from everything around her? Though I can't remember if she can top herself off of it or does it just drain away with no real benefit to her.
    Last edited by warellis; February 24th, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

Sacchin can't control her RM in MB.

Depletion Garden has potential to be strong anti magus or servant reality marble.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh. I thought Satsuki had really good Magic Circuits/magic potential or something like Ciel, and that that was the reason she could skip all the stages so quickly.

Or was that fanon?
    Yeah that's always been the fanon, "You have good circuits = you can become a vamp. Satsuki has good circuits and can realize a RM so that's how she skipped levels."
    You can see in the explanation of Satsuki above, it's actually because her psychic power. This "spiritual conception" which has got to do with channels. Which is a psychic motif.

However, the fanon that has persisted all these years might not be too wrong if you think about it. This is just my speculation but
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdoc
    However, on rare occasions, if the victim has high physical potential and the capacity of their soul is excellent, they will remain in the world of the living. Afterward, their corpse is buried, and left alone for several years. During this time their brain melts, their soul is liberated from the cage of the body, and eventually they arise as a ghoul.
    "That's true, but things get complex from here.
    The people who have their blood sucked die. But at that time, if the Dead Apostles place a little of their blood inside the corpse, the body cannot die.
    Those bodies that were unable to die stay a number of years in the grave and when the brain decays and the soul is "fixated" in the body, they become a flesh-eating corpse (ghoul).
    Only one out of every hundred people have this potential, so not everyone gets to 'stay'.
    …… Well, there are those that have a natural ability to 'step up' this progress and become a vampire immediately, but this is so rare it's out of the question.
    "No, there is a limit to those who are killed by having their blood sucked, yet 'remain' without dying. Most humans cannot separate the soul from the body, so the soul dies with the death of the body.
    Only perhaps one in a hundred people can 'remain' without dying.
    …… Like Yumizuka Satsuki did."
    "Wha---Senpai, you knew about Yumizuka?"
    We know from Extra that people with magic circuits can in fact somewhat separate the soul from the brain. And as seen by Alice, "live on" even after the body is gone. Therefore, it's not too much of a stretch to make the claim, those who do have circuits are more likely to transition into a ghoul than those who do not.

Either way, that's an aside.
    It seems Satsuki was a ESPer.
    Last edited by You; February 24th, 2019 at 01:17 AM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

so DA Esper who has rality marble?

Kinoko~~~!!!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So what happens if you already can utilize an RM like say Shirou? Could you potentially skip the various stages to become a DA?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what happens if you already can utilize an RM like say Shirou? Could you potentially skip the various stages to become a DA?
    it would depend on your natural suitability for becoming a vampire.
    Which would depend on if your RM gives you a natural suitability for becoming a vampire.
    Maybe there's someone out there with an internal world that'll help you.
    Don't think UBW would though.

Well, tye fact that the energy bar in Melty Blood is called Magic Circuit doesnt help argue against the idea that Satsuki had magic circuits.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Is there any weird fanon from Tsukihime that you guys know of?
    at some point I started thinking that Arc was the last remaining shinso even though that isn't true and hasn't been since Tsukhime days lol

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Hinako definitely disproved that one, even if she isn't quite a shinso as in the CM types.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Well, tye fact that the energy bar in Melty Blood is called Magic Circuit doesnt help argue against the idea that Satsuki had magic circuits.
    But can that REALLY count as proof? It's a special meter in a fighting game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Yeah..arc only killed off a large amount of true ancestors, not all of them. But then again it might be fair to get the wrong impression, IIRC, i feel like some of the outside sources(like the manga) state somewhere that she is the last remaining true ancestor after all these years, but again dont trust my memory

Altrouge is still there so Arc isn't the only TA.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Altrouge is still there so Arc isn't the only TA.
    I mean if you want to count filthy half-breeds, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Yeah..arc only killed off a large amount of true ancestors, not all of them. But then again it might be fair to get the wrong impression, IIRC, i feel like some of the outside sources(like the manga) state somewhere that she is the last remaining true ancestor after all these years, but again dont trust my memory
    It was the trailer for Tsukihime 2 in Kagetsu Tohya.

Oh, scratch that, it was Plus Period.

Six vampires gathered in the English countryside in order to flush out the last True Ancestor. They were Dead Apostle Ancestors, one and all, bound by a pact of nonaggression. But little did they know that the Knight of Vengeance in their ranks was burning with ambition and treachery.
    Suddenly, an ambush! It was the protector of the Princess, the god of death, Shiki the Killer. In order to further his own goals, the Knight of Vengeance had struck a deal with Shiki in private.
    …Well, that's what was in the preview trailer during the school festival in Kagetsu Tohya, anyway. In reality, even the staff has no idea if anything will ever come of it.

The Priest is the savior of the world WatashiwalancerPower's Avatar
    Artoria is the actual King arther in TM

prototype: hold my bear

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    lol