Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15556063646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1303

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

Blog Entries
    Complexes of superiority stem from an utter sense of inadequacy
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Eh, I quickly got used to Magical Energy. It's not much more weirder to say than, for example, "Noble Phantasm" if you take a moment to think about it. If people find it too weird, they can use ether instead.

My problem with prana is how very easily people confused prana and mana, and used both interchangeably as a result (or even had prana replace od in some cases!). Might seem dumb, but people can be dumb, especially with words from another language.

Funniest thing is that prana does exist in the Nasuverse, just in a completely different context:
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC
    Leo :: Increased spiritual power to the soul…? You mean willpower?

Rani :: Yes. Vitality, or survival instinct. Dan t’ian, in Chinese thinking. In India, kundalini.

Rin :: Right, spiritual power, dan ti’an, and kundalini. Survival instinct is more desire to leave behind descendent and…Rani, what are you trying to say!?

Rani :: Did I say something strange? Prana is the foundation of the actions of living beings, and stimulating the chakras is…
    - - - Updated - - -

The fanon I always found the weirdest was "Ciel was a medieval French peasant", even though the game outright says when she was born. I can only imagine how this fanon was created (besides not having read Tsukihime at all I mean).
    Last edited by All fictions; February 16th, 2022 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    The fanon I always found the weirdest was "Ciel was a medieval French peasant", even though the game outright says when she was born. I can only imagine how this fanon was created (besides not having read Tsukihime at all I mean).
    Well you see, as per Tsukihime R...
    Spoiler:
    Vlov is from the Dark Ages of 1600s Europe, so clearly this is a world where Europe has still yet to enter the Industrial Revolution, and thus even if Ciel was born in the late 1900s, that's basically medieval in the Tsukihime timeline.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    maybe there were mixed up information about Roa's age and the time when Ciel became Roa.

Maybe the fact that his parents were bakers and that she lived in a remote village in Europe? I know it sounds stupid but as someone who didn't play tsukihime when I heard that I also assumed that Ciel was from the middle ages (and I hadn't heard that fanon)
    Last edited by Alfredo845; February 16th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    Maybe the fact that his parents were bakers and that she lived in a remote village in Europe? I know it sounds stupid but as someone who didn't play tsukihime when I heard that I also assumed that Ciel was from the middle ages (and I hadn't heard that fanon)
    I think it's because it's the sort of fanon you have to actively remind yourself isn't true because the actual truth doesn't have much bearing on the character. It's kinda like the Shirou has amnesia fanon that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Spoiler:
    Vlov is from the Dark Ages of 1600s Europe,
    Is this serious? I mean does the game actually say that?
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Eh, I quickly got used to Magical Energy. It's not much more weirder to say than, for example, "Noble Phantasm" if you take a moment to think about it. If people find it too weird, they can use ether instead.
    Ether would be too restrictive. It only refers to an element, and a component of Magical Energy. It can't represent Magical Energy in its entirety.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, this:

"In addition Ether is something else, not to be branded as Ether" sounds a bit strange, doesn't it?

Spoiler:
    Vlov is from the Dark Ages of 1600s Europe, so clearly this is a world where Europe has still yet to enter the Industrial Revolution, and thus even if Ciel was born in the late 1900s, that's basically medieval in the Tsukihime timeline.
    Spoiler:
    The part that annoys me the most about this is the fact that your calling the 1600s the dark ages, or using the term in general since i dont think historians even use that term now, what year does he come from and do they unironically use dark ages?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Spoiler:
    The part that annoys me the most about this is the fact that your calling the 1600s the dark ages, or using the term in general since i dont think historians even use that term now, what year does he come from and do they unironically use dark ages?
    Spoiler:
    That's the one part of my statement that is actually not something I made up though.

Nasu made that up instead:
    中世の暗黒時代に培った騎士としての闘争経験が、全身に巡る呪いを打ち払った。
    "The battle experience he had cultivated as a knight of the medieval dark ages swept away the curse running throughout his body."

Talking about Vlov, of course. The reason I say 1600s is because the mats say that Vlov is "about 400 years old"

Perhaps my joke was a bit too obscure to be making lightly. Don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Petrikow; February 16th, 2022 at 05:34 PM.

Spoiler:
    That's the one part of my statement that is actually not something I made up though.

Nasu made that up instead:
    中世の暗黒時代に培った騎士としての闘争経験が、全身に巡る呪いを打ち払った。
    "The battle experience he had cultivated as a knight of the medieval dark ages swept away the curse running throughout his body."

Talking about Vlov, of course. The reason I say 1600s is because the mats say that Vlov is "about 400 years old"

Perhaps my joke was a bit too obscure to be making lightly. Don't worry about it.

Spoiler:
    so does nasu think the 1600s were the dark ages, isnt that the late renaissance lmao? now I just want a vlod who has a bunch of fucking muskets honestly. To go on a side tangent, there is a general idea we have a distorted percetion of the medieval times due to the renassciance if memory serves, specifically that they were such roman wannabe's they jerked off that and the greeks and downplayed the preceeding time periods, though im not sure if htast still a serious theory or not

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The 1600s were the late Renaissance in Europe, but was it already the renaissance in the Russian countryside? (I'll guess yes)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    There are indeed many places in Europe that would never truly get a renaissance, just people trying to copy architecture at best. This would generally be the result of being at various degrees of war throughout the 15th and 16th century. The Hapsburgs took over such places that weren't Russia, and things would not start looking up for a few hundred more years. 1600s would be very late to be a real knight in the true sense.

In fact, the 1600ths are explicitly when chivalric romance is out of fashion - that's when Don Quixote was written, after all. I think you can still kiiiinda rationalize it if Vlov was just turned around 1600 and lived in the ~50 years prior, which is more the area of Orlando Furioso. But if anything, he'd be a boyar, not a knight in the sense of western tradition. The boyars generally phase out with Peter the Great, which would be at the end of the 17th's century... still, it's mad sketchy, they were hardly warriors at that point, more the minor nobility, despite the title literally meaning warrior.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Renaissance is just a bad historical term anyway. It makes people conflate (and inflate IMO) the Italian Renaissance of the 1400s with the Scientific Revolution of the 1500s/1600s, the Jacobean Era of England, the Baroque period, and even the Age of Enlightenment sometimes.

Just say the Early Modern Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

True, but the timeline for him should be moved back... what 300+ years, maybe to the crusades

Maybe you just found your historical deviation and are turning up your nose at it.... Unlikely...

Also, this:

"In addition Ether is something else, not to be branded as Ether" sounds a bit strange, doesn't it?
    Lol, this is so old. Where does this come from? One of the Tsuki books?

The other thread was talking about retcon. This is retcon captured in 4K. The dead corpse of old material books.

Do you think one should disregard all old mats?

Just curious.