Page 1 of 23 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Submit the "Strongest Servant" contest

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle

Submit the "Strongest Servant" contest

So, apparently, the author of the Fate/School Life manga is holding a contest until August for people to submit their own Servants, with the winner possibly appearing in the manga and becoming a semi-canonical Nasuverse character. Apparently one of the judging criteria is having the "strongest artwork".

https://twitter.com/#!/eiitirou/stat...79425285681152

I can't read it, and Google Translate isn't working, so I can't say for sure if this is true, but I was surprised there wasn't already a thread on this, so I made one. Figured the folks on here might be interested in entering. I probably would if I had a Twitter account and/or any artistic skill whatsoever.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar

Blog Entries
    >Strongest artwork.

Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    I think it'd be awesome if Beast's Lair participated as a whole in this contest and won. That way, we could gain some fame in the place where everything started, and perhaps be noticed by Type-Moon?
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Actually, BL as in "us" could be called True Assassin. We kill Type-Moon works on a daily basis and BL is our joint Reality Marble.

Blog Entries
    To be honest I like to think of ourselves as Nasu's Ionian Heitaroi.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

We're kind of divided into camps here, so I don't think we'd be that good under one banner.

Blog Entries
    Well think about it.

We are a group of people from all nationalities, with our own interests, who follow the great leader Nasu Kinoko with the hopes of seeing our dreams (Fate/Stay Night sequel+Tsukihime 2) at the end of the other shore, who will still walk together even if we haven't managed to find them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Well think about it.

We are a group of people from all nationalities, with our own interests, who follow the great leader Nasu Kinoko with the hopes of seeing our dreams (Fate/Stay Night sequel+Tsukihime 2) at the end of the other shore, who will still walk together even if we haven't managed to find them yet.
    Hmm, interesting. Will we ever reach our Avalon? ;_;

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Well, according to the thread on Spacebattles where I found this, you're supposed to submit actual mythical/historical heroes, with Noble Phantasms actually related to the tales of their exploits.

If I had a Twitter account, I might have submited Anonymous as Servant Assassin, though; they might well have acquired enough of an inflated legend to qualify as an Heroic Spirit. Noble Phantasms would probably Legion: the Uncountable Collective, that caused ten new identical Servants to arise whenever one is killed (and which can merge later on to save on prana costs), and Low Orbit Ion Cannon: Wrath of the Internet United, which has a Rank proportional to how many people are using it on the target. Also, artwork is easy to come by, which'd let me compensate for shitty artistic skills.

Another possible one someone on here could submit would be the Unknown Soldier as Archer; I think it might have been someone on here or TFF that wrote a story where Shirou summoned him. We'd need someone to draw a picture of him first, though.

Blog Entries
    I'd say the Fisherman King could be a good beggining. That guy would kick ass as a Servant.

Houyi would be awesome since he'd be a Servant Archer that'd be also an archer on Herakles tier of awesome, and there's also Simo Häyhä if we want to make one Sasaki Kojirou style (As in he became awesome only out of pure skill). Nicolas Flamell as a Caster would be good because of Philosopher's stone that lets him do whatever shit he wants with magecraft. As a Lancer, I would suggest Celtchar mac Uetchar and his hax version of Gaé Bolg, though I bet there are better ones than that. Saber... There are many with potential for awesomeness such as Beowulf, Galahad or Fionn mac Cumhaill, but my favourite is Roland, just because he died only when he blew his brains out and out of grief because all his comrades had died.

I dunno. It's been a while since I looked into awesome legends so I bet there are people that can come up with better ideas than I do.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I had a Twitter account, I might have submited Anonymous as Servant Assassin, though; they might well have acquired enough of an inflated legend to qualify as an Heroic Spirit. Noble Phantasms would probably Legion: the Uncountable Collective, that caused ten new identical Servants to arise whenever one is killed (and which can merge later on to save on prana costs), and Low Orbit Ion Cannon: Wrath of the Internet United, which has a Rank proportional to how many people are using it on the target. Also, artwork is easy to come by, which'd let me compensate for shitty artistic skills.
    I doubt most people in Japan would know what Anonymous is.

I don't really know the details of this though since they say the details are in September's issue of Palette...? I think they expect you to send yours to the magazine rather than through Twitter, at any rate.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Surely Jesus wins by a country mile. Or Mohammed, if Jesus counts as a "divine spirit".

In this modern day world, I think Isaac Newton or any other major scientists would be a stronger Servant...

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    By the way, that tweet says nothing about "the strongest Servant wins" or anything about artwork. Maybe it says that in the magazine? Does a scan exist or something?

Or maybe it's just that particular dialect of Japanese where "female" means "wearing clothing that exposes a large amount of skin", since the news apparently comes from the same guy who did that. Oho. Ohohohohoho.

EDIT: oh, found a blog mentioning it at least.
    http://bosel.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-414.html

Yeah, apparently you do send in a drawing (by email), NP and such, no gods allowed, has to follow FSN Servant standards, can't just be a hero you made up, blahblah
    Last edited by Kotonoha; July 24th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    I suggest using Ali ibn Abu Talib as a Ruler (The class Nasu made in CM4) class Servant.

Blog Entries
    Somehow I doubt you'd be able to use Ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Surely Jesus wins by a country mile. Or Mohammed, if Jesus counts as a "divine spirit".
    I'd say Aleister Crowley. With his NP being the Book of the Law, and maybe Aiwass.

Jesus Christ

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    NP: Marble Phantasm "Kingdom of Heaven"
    Lay on Hands
    Ressurection

Attributes: Divinity EX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    Jesus Christ

Class: Caster