Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47879295969798 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1946

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files Anime - TV Series in 07/2019

  1. #1921
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,545
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    16
    explain further
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  2. #1922
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,521
    Just make a proper bridge from RZ into the Atlas Contract, it'd still work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  3. #1923
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,498
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'd just like maybe a line or two that even offhandedly mentions the Iselma case. Because it's in complete limbo in the anime and it's annoying me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  4. #1924
    The Wolf King Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'd just like maybe a line or two that even offhandedly mentions the Iselma case. Because it's in complete limbo in the anime and it's annoying me.
    What do you mean?
    There is a line at the end of episode 1 where Waver mentions having done dealing with the aftermath of the Iselma case
    The Adra castle case can't remember now if it ever got referenced

  5. #1925
    whydunit Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,921
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    Luvia mentions Adra when she's talking to Gray in the hall in episode 1 or 2.

  6. #1926
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,500
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    explain further
    Remember how one of the first things Flat calls Waver is "No. 1 on the ranking of Clock Tower men female students want to bed"? That wasn't a random Flat delusion. There's a whole unofficial Clock Tower event for it, with sort of an urban legend status, even. Like, everyone knows the ranking is managed by the Ouroboros Foundation, but no one knows who is in this organization and what they do other than the ranking.

    Every year, the girl students of all departments receive the "what Clock Tower man you want to sleep with the most?" poll sheet from out of nowhere and that gets automatically forwarded the moment it's filled. No one is obliged to answer, and naming both students and lecturers is equally fair game.

    Most people view it as a high effort shitpost done by silly mages, but since there's obviously a magecraft aspect to system, some people get curious and try investigate it. Shishigou did it in his student days and that's how met Jean Mario (who still brags about ranking higher than him to this day).

    The ranks we know of are:
    - Waver: 3rd in 2004, apparently 1st in 2009, if Flat is to be believed.
    - Bram: Lower than Waver in 2004.
    - Melvin: 8th in 2001, with his rank fluctuating highly every year. He suspects his ranks go up and down according to the state of the US stock market.
    - Wills: 2nd in 2003, removed from the list in 2004 because he's gone to the fairy realm.

    Anyways, the plot of the drama CD is that the 2004 results get announced soon after Rail Zeppelin and Waver gets annoyed because the students can't shut up about it. Later Bram makes salty remarks about Waver ranking higher than him, causing Waver to find out that the ranking actually existed outside of Flat's head this whole time. He tries to learn more about it and discovers Flat, Svin, Yvette, and Caules gained a lot of money, diamonds, and oil fields by running an online betting poll for the results. Waver gets mad at the kids for doing it online, where the tax office and the MI6 could find out, and orders them to investigate Ouroboros Foundation and find out that this stupid ranking deal is about.

    Spoiler:
    The survey is actually the Policies Department's method of investigating who has clout in each department and Hishiri has been its general supervisor for the past 10 years. The Clock Tower departments hate each other, so it's difficult to hold a fair survey covering all of them, especially if they knew Policies was involved, so they work around that by deliberately making the poll look really stupid and taking the elements of bias into account when analyzing the results.

    There's a giant underground space under an abandoned house in London where information from all branches is gathered and the votes are tallied up. Hishiri inherited this place from the previous supervisor when she became in charge of the project.

    In the end, Waver deduces that this whole Ouroboros Foundation clout analysis is another layer of cover for a greater form of cursed content being made for Great Mother (no idea what this one is) and gets Hishiri to free his students by agreeing to not pursue this case any further and to not letting his findings go public.

  7. #1927
    Lord Barthomeloi
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    gacha hell mandala
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Blog Entries
    2
    I can't believe that a furry and his twink boyfriend became oil barons when they started running a fuck poll betting website.
    Spoiler:
    And all of it was enabled by Policies.
    Thank you, Lorelei, for (not) running the shitposting faction of the Clock Tower.
    Just.
    Oh, Policies.

  8. #1928
    whydunit Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,921
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293

  9. #1929
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,545
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    16
    Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  10. #1930
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Mons Regius
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    357
    US Friend Code
    909,698,324
    my sides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

  11. #1931
    Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    678
    I love this series more and more every day.

  12. #1932
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,498
    Blog Entries
    1
    of course hishiri is behind it, she has absolutely no shame whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  13. #1933
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,775
    There's a lot to unpack with this one

  14. #1934
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,498
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think the reveal that mages literally gamble with oil fields is the best one
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  15. #1935
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,439
    This is amazing. Even shitposting is an elaborate conspiracy/thaumaturgical system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  16. #1936
    nicht mitmachen Dullahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIAAARGGH
    Posts
    4,970
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Remember how one of the first things Flat calls Waver is "No. 1 on the ranking of Clock Tower men female students want to bed"? That wasn't a random Flat delusion. There's a whole unofficial Clock Tower event for it, with sort of an urban legend status, even. Like, everyone knows the ranking is managed by the Ouroboros Foundation, but no one knows who is in this organization and what they do other than the ranking.

    Every year, the girl students of all departments receive the "what Clock Tower man you want to sleep with the most?" poll sheet from out of nowhere and that gets automatically forwarded the moment it's filled. No one is obliged to answer, and naming both students and lecturers is equally fair game.

    Most people view it as a high effort shitpost done by silly mages, but since there's obviously a magecraft aspect to system, some people get curious and try investigate it. Shishigou did it in his student days and that's how met Jean Mario (who still brags about ranking higher than him to this day).

    The ranks we know of are:
    - Waver: 3rd in 2004, apparently 1st in 2009, if Flat is to be believed.
    - Bram: Lower than Waver in 2004.
    - Melvin: 8th in 2001, with his rank fluctuating highly every year. He suspects his ranks go up and down according to the state of the US stock market.
    - Wills: 2nd in 2003, removed from the list in 2004 because he's gone to the fairy realm.

    Anyways, the plot of the drama CD is that the 2004 results get announced soon after Rail Zeppelin and Waver gets annoyed because the students can't shut up about it. Later Bram makes salty remarks about Waver ranking higher than him, causing Waver to find out that the ranking actually existed outside of Flat's head this whole time. He tries to learn more about it and discovers Flat, Svin, Yvette, and Caules gained a lot of money, diamonds, and oil fields by running an online betting poll for the results. Waver gets mad at the kids for doing it online, where the tax office and the MI6 could find out, and orders them to investigate Ouroboros Foundation and find out that this stupid ranking deal is about.

    Spoiler:
    The survey is actually the Policies Department's method of investigating who has clout in each department and Hishiri has been its general supervisor for the past 10 years. The Clock Tower departments hate each other, so it's difficult to hold a fair survey covering all of them, especially if they knew Policies was involved, so they work around that by deliberately making the poll look really stupid and taking the elements of bias into account when analyzing the results.

    There's a giant underground space under an abandoned house in London where information from all branches is gathered and the votes are tallied up. Hishiri inherited this place from the previous supervisor when she became in charge of the project.

    In the end, Waver deduces that this whole Ouroboros Foundation clout analysis is another layer of cover for a greater form of cursed content being made for Great Mother (no idea what this one is) and gets Hishiri to free his students by agreeing to not pursue this case any further and to not letting his findings go public.
    "lol"
    すん
    そう
    しゅん


  17. #1937
    whydunit Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,921
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293


    Rebroadcasting starting Sept 26, which if I counted right should end just in time for the New Year's livestream, so I wouldn't be surprised if this year's NY OVA is the CF one they announced at Anime Expo.

  18. #1938
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,775
    I wonder if it's too much to hope for a season 2 announcement at the end of the ova. For all its flaws, I did enjoy the anime

  19. #1939
    whydunit Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,921
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    I'm hoping for the same.

  20. #1940
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,852
    How far did the anime get again?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •