Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4549499102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,079 of 2079

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files Anime

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It wasn't the kindness and compassion that I found OOC, it was the pseudo-romantic stuff that I did.
    I can get behind that, based on his behavior in Zero, but it's not as though Waver isn't a sentimental person. Case Files also goes out of it's way to contrast Waver's obsession and love for Iskandar with the obsessions of other characters - the anime, in particular, makes a big point of the fact that living for the past is dangerous. Waver recognizing that in some small way by admitting he might've been happier if he had paid attention to Camus, but acknowledging that he hadn't and that's the choice they have to live with, felt like a huge moment of character growth for him.. and that might seem foreign, I guess, given that in all of his other appearances, Waver takes every opportunity he can to nostalgiatrip about Iskandar? But Case Files is The Waver Series, and seems overall to have a focus on accepting and moving on from grief, so I was pretty pleased with the general themes of the special.

Sorry, I know that was pretty tangential. Tl;dr I didn't think it was OOC because it just seemed like genuine character growth to me, but I recognize that others might not agree.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought some of that stuff only came much later in the novels, though honestly, I can't say for sure, given that I haven't read them for myself. It's not like I didn't like it, and I totally agree with you about the point Waver was actually trying to get across. Still, I mostly remember Waver being more understated about his compassion in the novels, like with the stray cat or with regards to the Iselma maids' third sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I thought some of that stuff only came much later in the novels, though honestly, I can't say for sure, given that I haven't read them for myself. It's not like I didn't like it, and I totally agree with you about the point Waver was actually trying to get across. Still, I mostly remember Waver being more understated about his compassion in the novels, like with the stray cat or with regards to the Iselma maids' third sister.
    Understandable. As much as I like LEMII, I find him being written as overly stoic and cool kind of lame, so the special was a treat for me. I can't really see where the special would be placed in the timeline of the novels, but I don't think it's necessarily out of character for him to be a little more open about his emotions, especially given the kind of person he was when half the cast of the special knew him. I just have a fondness for Waver's kindness, beneath his prickly exterior. Even murderers are treated with gentleness and respect.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong. I like Waver being more emotional and vulnerable, I just found it sort of OOC with regards to what I've read in the novels at this point and even to how he was in Zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by fearboss View Post
    I can't really see where the special would be placed in the timeline of the novels
    In-between Rail Zeppelin and Atlas Contract
    On the epilogue of Rail Zeppelin, Gray mentions is early December and there are christmas decorations everywhere on the streets and on Atlas Contract is January already
    Sanda has been very consistent on making the anime original episodes (special included) fit on the novels timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Olga said the Shell Projections can move more autonomously and last longer.
    So, how high is the likelyhood that Chaldeas was crafted with Shell-projection

Since we seem to be in the middle of some red herrings, instead of refering to the plot to stick the class reunion in the past, the line about Shell-projection being used to copy a entire world, spoken openly in front of Olga is actually just FGO hints.

US Friend Code
    It might be worth noting that that conversation happened at the Animusphere's office too. Olga said she asked Camus and Amleth over to help her with Animusphere business.

It might be nothing, I'm not going to go placing bets or anything, but it's enough to raise some eyebrows.
    Last edited by Reign; January 6th, 2022 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I hope if they do a season 2 they'll split it between Atlas Contract and Grand Roll instead of just one of them with half original.

Isn't there supposed to be some cast/crew event for this in like a week? Might get a season announcement then.

Grand Roll is three whole books though, so atlas+grand roll would be half the book count of the entire series.

US Friend Code
    Blu-ray for the special with the booklet and whatever info it contains is out November 15. English dub too.

- - - Updated - - -

Really curious to hear how Touko will sound.

Is there not any english dub for kara no kyoukai?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Nah, it never got one.

The Mahoyo movie will most likely be dubbed so this will be like a sneak peek of hearing Touko before that.

US Friend Code
    Oh the dub is actually on CR right now

Thank you, Mr. Case Files... narmbo's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    dubs pretty good. camus was perfect.
    i bought the dub bluray and will scan anything it comes with as usual.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    KnK or Case Files?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Certified Bazett Appreciator Armandoiskyu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    So, how high is the likelyhood that Chaldeas was crafted with Shell-projection

Since we seem to be in the middle of some red herrings, instead of refering to the plot to stick the class reunion in the past, the line about Shell-projection being used to copy a entire world, spoken openly in front of Olga is actually just FGO hints.
    This aged perfectly with what we now know from LB 7, i actually rewatched the special and that line got me good, maybe we have to add Marisvury to the list of people doing crazy "evil" plots during 2003/2004

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Always keep eyes peeled when Olga/Animusphere are involved in Case Files. It contains a lot of hints about F/GO's main plot.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Insofar as that's a thing that exists and not a nebulous concept that underpins the gacha offerings of the current fiscal year.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

What a brave and redpilled thing to put out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Always good to put that out there in case anyone forgets.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.