Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343942434445464954 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It's very weird. Remind me of BnHA, most people have quirks, this one most people have servants

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Fate/Requiem: Prologue (full)
    Seems someone is giving their try at translating this and posted the whole prologue
    It's kinda nice, Karin and Berserker are pretty interesting pair
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; March 16th, 2019 at 05:57 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The new champion was none other than my companion: the stray Servant I had taken in last night, the golden-haired child. He was at least sitting in his seat for now without making a fuss, but he was fidgeting constantly - rocking his body to and fro, and sometimes lying down as though trying to savour the feeling of the cool wood of the chair.
    Galahd Alter: "Haha! Feel Despair!"

Voyager: "...can I lick your sword?"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Definitely the most interesting and promising Fate/ spin-off right from the gate (aside from /Zero, but this title and that title were written at times when the franchise was in very different places). The major draw of TYPE-MOON's works have been, to me, the world and what stories are told in said world so /Requiem--so far--seems to have it priorities straight, focused on the strengths of the franchise.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlo View Post
    Galahd Alter: "Haha! Feel Despair!"

Voyager: "...can I lick your sword?"
    That kid is so curious about Berserker's tail and get smacked. lol
    So innocent

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, the protag is female right?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'm also really feeling that Erice/Voyager dynamic. It's evocative of the intrigue present in vanilla F/sn, where identities were a big deal and there was decent build-up towards them, on top of the exploratory relationship that's parallel to the meta-narrative goal of finding out more and more about the /Requiem world and what went down. Macro mystery juxtaposed with micro mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

it's also a cute ship :v
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Seconding pretty much everything IRUN said

It's always been the relationships between Masters and Servants that was the real draw and bedrock of the franchise for me. A lot of the spinoffs downplay the human element and treat the waifubait Servants as the main draw, which is almost certainly true but doesn't cater to my specific tastes. I'm the type of guy who thought the Fate route would have been better if Saber and Shirou's relationship was platonic, instead focusing on what it means to sacrifice yourself to an ideal.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm a monster.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

US Friend Code
    Yeah, the Master/Servant relationships are also the franchise's biggest draw for me. Requiem certainly seems to be handling them well.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Seconding pretty much everything IRUN said

It's always been the relationships between Masters and Servants that was the real draw and bedrock of the franchise for me. A lot of the spinoffs downplay the human element and treat the waifubait Servants as the main draw, which is almost certainly true but doesn't cater to my specific tastes. I'm the type of guy who thought the Fate route would have been better if Saber and Shirou's relationship was platonic, instead focusing on what it means to sacrifice yourself to an ideal.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm a monster.
    You mean Servant vs Servant as the main draw, because that what "lot of" that you speak off (Apoc, FSF)
    The only spinoff with waifubait is FGO, maybe Extra too with waifu war of Nero and Tamamo

- - - Updated - - -

FGO and extra also still has lot of elements that you speak of

- - - Updated - - -

Btw who is Kundry?
    Is she this one? http://www.monsalvat.no/kundry.htm
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Yeah, the Master/Servant relationships are also the franchise's biggest draw for me. Requiem certainly seems to be handling them well.
    Agreed. To compare, F/GO has Servants in spades--someone for everyone--but the Master/Servant relations were often super shallow. The Lostbelts are a type of course correction, qith a return of other Masters that aren't just a one-dimensional blank slate, so that's points in its favor.

To tie this post back to /Requiem, /Requiem has a lot of wiggle room for personal stories and how such a society functions in the proverbial 'brave new world' (by the readers' atabdards), so it's easy to give the story one's confidence. Creativity and question-answering are on its side.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    turns out "everyone gets a Servant!" is the right answer after all
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Btw who is Kundry?
    Is she this one? http://www.monsalvat.no/kundry.htm
    Yeah, that's Kundry, she's from one of Wagner's Operas (Nasu and co. seems to like them pretty much given the amount of characters here from his operas and LB2)
    Also, to answer your previous question, yeah, Erice, the protag, is a girl

I agree with the general sentiment that the Master and Servants relationships seems to be flesh out well and the plot balance the mystery at hand with slowly revealing the worldbuilding (how it came to be)
    Personally, I think it helps Meteor that even if this is his first solo Fate series, he already has experience writing Fate contrary to the other writers whose spin-offs where they first introduction writing for the franchise

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    turns out "everyone gets a Servant!" is the right answer after all
    "Everyone gets a Servant!" is a better premise than "Someone gets every Servant!," film at 11.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Dunno, I prefer having everyone of them than letting everyone has them

- - - Updated - - -

It's just me though
    I waste dollars on it
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    It does seem to do a good job of threading the needle by throwing in a lot of cool, new Servants who get name dropped right away while also emphasizing those Master-Servant relations and keeping our lead Servant's identity a secret. A little bit of something for everyone.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Yeah, that's Kundry, she's from one of Wagner's Operas (Nasu and co. seems to like them pretty much given the amount of characters here from his operas and LB2)
    Also, to answer your previous question, yeah, Erice, the protag, is a girl

I agree with the general sentiment that the Master and Servants relationships seems to be flesh out well and the plot balance the mystery at hand with slowly revealing the worldbuilding (how it came to be)
    Personally, I think it helps Meteor that even if this is his first solo Fate series, he already has experience writing Fate contrary to the other writers whose spin-offs where they first introduction writing for the franchise
    ok thanks. It's the first time I heard the name, it looks like she's a bit crazy here
    Has Meteo been one of TM writers for a long time? Or mostly just helping out?

- - - Updated - - -

aaand in the site that I got, Kundry was described as creature and not human?
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; March 17th, 2019 at 01:01 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Meteo wrote and published an entire LN series that no one read during his time at TM
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    It does seem to do a good job of threading the needle by throwing in a lot of cool, new Servants who get name dropped right away while also emphasizing those Master-Servant relations and keeping our lead Servant's identity a secret. A little bit of something for everyone.
    I could see a side-story or prequel being done with Louis XVII.

Or it being a prompt in someone's pool for a given BL fanfiction contest.

Ideally--if it's decided that it gets expanded on--I'd want to see Meteor do it. He brought it up in the first place, I assume he has some idea of what went down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Meteo wrote and published an entire LN series that no one read during his time at TM
    That's his lot in life.

Meteor: Author of Neat Shit that Nobody Reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    ok thanks. It's the first time I heard the name, it looks like she's a bit crazy here
    Has Meteo been one of TM writers for a long time? Or mostly just helping out?

- - - Updated - - -

aaand in the site that I got, Kundry was described as creature and not human?
    Requiem was the first time I heard the name Kundry too so don't worry about it, I just look her up sometime ago after we first heard of her
    Wagner made up the character for his opera, that site analyse the several stock characters "Grail Maidens" that may have inspired the character of Kundry
    In the opera, she is cursed by Jesus in the same manner like the Wandering Jew and the Flying Dutchman, to live for eternity (Meteo changed it so she reincarnates with her full memories from her previous lives) until she's set free (aka dies) at the end of the opera

I think Meteo started writing some scenes for HA, if I remember right, and has stayed working on TM ever since. And of course, he made the Fire Girl novels that You mentioned

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    anndd which one is that?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Funny how it works. Meteor writes heavily influential VN(s) that inspire other dudes, Nasu included, Nasu goes on to have commercial success, Meteor eventually gets brought on to T-M. It's almost poetic.