Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2345691454 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by onepieceuc1 View Post
    Why do they force themselves to name almost everything they do Fate? I think it should have been named differently, I don't feel like servants and holy grail should always be tied to this name, but maybe there is a reason, I don't know. That's my first impression reading the synopsys, it feels weird and distant from the usual setting (the latter not being a bad thing) but still I can't wait to see what it's going to really be (though I can't read japanese so I'll have to wait longer...).
    Well the synopsis makes it come off as the aftermath of Grail wars, so while it can definitely be disconnected from fate (since it gives off a chobits/Plastic memories vibe) it also doesn't necessarily need to be disconnected from it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    They are Personas. And all you need to do is implement that fusion system and we go full SMT.
    Eh you still collect those so doesnt count. >.<
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    So it's basically Fate/Devil Survivor... I am okay with this.
    I mean, we already got Dubhe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    What if our protag here is actually a wild card who can get all servants but she yet to awaken that power?

thats why Persona`s, cuz Persona 3 claimed that Wild cards who can have more than 1 persona are unusual and most people have 1 persona that might change, no collecting for normies

and if the series is long enough, you can bet some people will change Servants or have more than 1

also, the info blurb says its a servant related to your fate, so its similar to Persona`s who are implied to be based on your issues,hang-ups...

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    and summons a servant that embodies their fate.
    You know, this part actually might be the most potentially interesting one. In prior incarnations, while sometimes the fates of Servants and Masters were tied or linked, that didn't have to be the case.

Astolfo's fate certainly didn't mirror Celenike's at all. Neither do Caules and Fran's.

Iskandar and Waver's respective lots in life didn't exactly match either, going with how different they were as individuals.

Sakura sooner or later gets freed from her torment, which is something Medusa never got to experience in life and couldn't as a Servant either, other than a single ending.

Here, however, a strong parallelism between the fates of Master and Servant is implied, so does that mean a stronger theme of pre-destination and probably how to fight against it? I mean, you should worry the most the most tragic and short your Servant's life was, shouldn't you?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    What if our protag here is actually a wild card who can get all servants but she yet to awaken that power?
    I mean if we're going by the previous train of thought that the premise sounds like a magic highschool LN, i'd give it until volume 4 before some foreshadowing that gets revealed at around volume 10 or so.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Though that song you linked is nice, where's it from?
    It's from Kusarihime. Very influential VN by Meteor. Inspired several authors to write one of their most significant works.
    Like Urobuchi to write Saya no Uta, Nasu to write Heaven's Feel route, Tanaka to write Cross†Channel and Ryukishi07 to write Higurashi. Everything came from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Napul View Post
    It's from Kusarihime. Very influential VN by Meteor. Inspired several authors to write one of their most significant works.
    Like Urobuchi to write Saya no Uta, Nasu to write Heaven's Feel route, Tanaka to write Cross†Channel and Ryukishi07 to write Higurashi. Everything came from here.
    >Looks at the things it inspired.

...Jesus Christ, what kind of story is that???

US Friend Code
    Oh yeah I just realized something, as much weird the premise is, it has a predecessor.

"Highschoolers Fighting in a grand tournament in a Cybernetic World in the Moon as the Earth has devolved into a dystopian landscape."

anywhere than here

>Looks at the things it inspired.

...Jesus Christ, what kind of story is that???
    Essentially what happens when Meteor go full serious.

Here you have link:
    https://vndb.org/v37

US Friend Code
    You guys, you know theres an important question we have been all ignoring.

That is, where is the Saber Face?

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah I just realized something, as much weird the premise is, it has a predecessor.

"Highschoolers Fighting in a grand tournament in a Cybernetic World in the Moon as the Earth has devolved into a dystopian landscape."
    Cybernetic world in the Moon also sounds like cybernetic world in the Sun of Digital Devil Saga 2.

You guys, you know theres an important question we have been all ignoring.

That is, where is the Saber Face?
    So far, none in sight. Then again, strange/fake doesn't have a saberface either, so I guess it's stopped being a requirement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Napul View Post
    Essentially what happens when Meteor go full serious.

Here you have link:
    https://vndb.org/v37
    Huh, while I'm not especially fond of horror so most of the things it inspired are things I can't say I'm particularly fond of, that does make me wonder where this story will go. Though it's probably not going to go too dark, seeing as how besides the servant killing aspect' the universe this takes place in is one of relative peace.

US Friend Code
    Richard is a Saber face

Just you know, the other one.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onepieceuc1 View Post
    Why do they force themselves to name almost everything they do Fate? I think it should have been named differently, I don't feel like servants and holy grail should always be tied to this name, but maybe there is a reason, I don't know. That's my first impression reading the synopsys, it feels weird and distant from the usual setting (the latter not being a bad thing) but still I can't wait to see what it's going to really be (though I can't read japanese so I'll have to wait longer...).
    Why would you not use your highly successful brand whenever possible? Fate is the brand of Servants, not using it would be one of the worst marketing moves possible.

Richard is a Saber face

Just you know, the other one.
    Not... particularly...? Do we just use the word saber face Willy nilly for every slightly blond servant now??? I could swear it actually required the servant to actually look like Saber in the past

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everyone with a Servant and a Holy Grail, basically discount FGO IRL

Huh, while I'm not especially fond of horror so most of the things it inspired are things I can't say I'm particularly fond of, that does make me wonder where this story will go. Though it's probably not going to go too dark, seeing as how besides the servant killing aspect' the universe this takes place in is one of relative peace.
    I also don't think, that this will go so dark as Kusarihime. Just most likely it just take it's melancholy and combine it with style of original Saint-Exupéry's story. And in tone it will be closer to either Zvezda (in worst case), or Forest (in better case).

US Friend Code
    Not... particularly...? Do we just use the word saber face Willy nilly for every slightly blond servant now??? I could swear it actually required the servant to actually look like Saber in the past
    No, looking like Saber has nothing to do with it tho. Most Saber faces dont like Saber except for superficial similarities. From Jeanne to Okita. To be Sabee face though you would have to be intentionally remarked on being made an expy of Saber and Richard is. Of Arthur anyway. You have to tell that his design to his abilities and to his master isn't a intentional expy and inspiration. That's the idea behind him anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Everyone with a Servant and a Holy Grail, basically discount FGO IRL
    Well they have to only roll the gacha once, they aren't in this hell.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, looking like Saber has nothing to do with it tho. Most Saber faces dont like Saber except for superficial similarities. From Jeanne to Okita. To be Sabee face though you would have to be intentionally remarked on being made an expy of Saber and Richard is. Of Arthur anyway. You have to tell that his design to his abilities and to his master isn't a intentional expy and inspiration. That's the idea behind him anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Well they have to only roll the gacha once, they aren't in this hell.
    Jeanne and Okita literally have the same face as Saber dude.