Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21616669707172 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1436

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

US Friend Code
    If I remember correctly brokastel started their translation of volume 1 pretty quickly after the digital release. A shame they didn't continue.

Unless they're waiting to post it all at once maybe, but there's no indication of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If I remember correctly brokastel started their translation of volume 1 pretty quickly after the digital release. A shame they didn't continue.

Unless they're waiting to post it all at once maybe, but there's no indication of that.
    They finished vol 1 back in April, but they haven't started vol 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Yeah that's what I mean.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Regarding Elucid. Was it ever confirmed that the elder god possessing her was Hastur? I thought it was confirmed but the wiki says it's not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No Foreigner had their god mentioned by named. The closest they ever got is "BBhotep". You won't find any explicit Elder God name in any piece of text in this whole franchise. Meteo always makes them completely obvious, but names are never dropped.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    There was also Set-Typhon being used as a stand-in for Yog-Sothoth, I guess?

But yeah, they never explicitly name them by the actual Cthulhu Mythos names. Abigail's is incredibly obvious since the Whateleys are literally right there, Hokusai fthagn's at some point IIRC, Guifei's got the alien-star-that's-definitely-not-Cthugha, BBhotep's got a kinship with the Pharaohs and gets called BBhotep at one point... but they never explicitly say the names, yeah.

Maybe it's a copyright thing, I dunno. Or maybe they just don't want to commit to literally having Lovecraft stuff rather than vague legally distinct equivalents to Lovecraft stuff.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Lovecraft protégés and part owners of Arkham House, August Derleth and Donald Wandrei, often claimed copyrights over Lovecraft's works. On October 9, 1947, Derleth purchased all rights to Weird Tales. However, since April 1926 at the latest, Lovecraft had reserved all second printing rights to stories published in Weird Tales. Hence, Weird Tales may only have owned the rights to at most six of Lovecraft's tales. Again, even if Derleth did obtain the copyrights to Lovecraft's tales, no evidence as yet has been found that the copyrights were renewed.

Prominent Lovecraft scholar S. T. Joshi concludes in his biography, H.P. Lovecraft: A Life, that Derleth's claims are "almost certainly fictitious" and that most of Lovecraft's works published in the amateur press are most likely now in the public domain. The copyright for Lovecraft's works would have been inherited by the only surviving heir of his 1912 will: Lovecraft's aunt, Annie Gamwell. Gamwell herself perished in 1941 and the copyrights then passed to her remaining descendants, Ethel Phillips Morrish and Edna Lewis. Morrish and Lewis then signed a document, sometimes referred to as the Morrish-Lewis gift, permitting Arkham House to republish Lovecraft's works but retaining the copyrights for themselves. Searches of the Library of Congress have failed to find any evidence that these copyrights were then renewed after the 28-year period and, hence, it is likely that these works are now in the public domain.

According to an essay by Peter Ruber, the current editor of Arkham House, called "The Un-Demonizing of August Derleth", certain letters obtained in June 1998 detail the Derleth-Wandrei acquisition of Lovecraft's estate. It is unclear whether these letters contradict Joshi's views on Lovecraft's copyrights.

Chaosium, publishers of the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game, have a trademark on several Lovecraftian phrases, including "The Call of Cthulhu", for use in game products. Another RPG publisher, TSR, Inc., original publisher of Dungeons & Dragons, included in one of that game's earlier supplements, Deities & Demigods (originally published in 1980 and later renamed to "Legends & Lore"), a section on the Cthulhu Mythos; TSR, Inc. later removed this section from subsequent editions because of an existing contract between Chaosium and the claimants to the Lovecraft copyrights at the time, Arkham House.
    TLDR; the legal status is unclear, it SHOULD be safe using the names, but TM is probably wary as hell on the issue, regardless.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I feel like it's better that they aren't super explicit with it. It helps with the feeling of unknown around the Outer gods

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Derleth died in '71, so his own stuff is probably still in copyright hell until 2041 in some jurisdictions - which includes Cthugha and probably some characterizations of other characters, I think? (e.g. the whole "good cthulhus vs. evil cthulhus" thing.)

FGO being international complicates things a lot, since they have to worry about more than just Japanese law. Also, well, they're so big and public now that they can't fly under the radar like earlier doujin game devs and whatnot.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    They finished vol 1 back in April, but they haven't started vol 2.
    I also tried messaging him on Reddit quite a decent amount of time ago, but still no response.

So then, I'm going to translate Vol. 2 myself. I already made some start into Chapter 1 yesterday, but I'm disorganized due to getting a new laptop, so I'd say I won't be at my regular translation speed until the end of the month. Also, Chapter 1 is a moderately sized chapter (according to Kindle, it takes up 10% of the reading completion), so it'll take a bit of time from me. I'll post an update whenever I finish a chapter in another thread (or perhaps this one if it's too redundant already).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That chapter is actually among the shorter ones. Volume 2 goes as
    -Chapter 9: 30 pages
    -Chapter 10: 30 pages
    -Chapter 11: 82 pages
    -Chapter 12: 86 pages
    -Chapter 13: 36 pages
    -Chapter 14: 40 pages
    -Chapter 15: 30 pages
    -Chapter 16: 10 pages

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So similar to volume 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    I also tried messaging him on Reddit quite a decent amount of time ago, but still no response.

So then, I'm going to translate Vol. 2 myself. I already made some start into Chapter 1 yesterday, but I'm disorganized due to getting a new laptop, so I'd say I won't be at my regular translation speed until the end of the month. Also, Chapter 1 is a moderately sized chapter (according to Kindle, it takes up 10% of the reading completion), so it'll take a bit of time from me. I'll post an update whenever I finish a chapter in another thread (or perhaps this one if it's too redundant already).
    Thank you!

Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code

You rule

Thank you so much for your time and work, really glad that someone picked it up

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I posted the 1st chapter of Vol. 2 in the translation subforum section. Let me know any requests, feedbacks, etc. if you'd like.

I wanted to get out the 1st chapter to see how well I can pace myself in translating a LN, and I think I'm good. However, since I did it out of the way from my personal disorganization I wanted to get sorted out, the 2nd chapter will take a while from me. I';l finish the 2nd chapter at least hopefully before the end of the year, and then I can devote everything to the LN and get things done.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I posted the 1st chapter of Vol. 2 in the translation subforum section. Let me know any requests, feedbacks, etc. if you'd like.

I wanted to get out the 1st chapter to see how well I can pace myself in translating a LN, and I think I'm good. However, since I did it out of the way from my personal disorganization I wanted to get sorted out, the 2nd chapter will take a while from me. I';l finish the 2nd chapter at least hopefully before the end of the year, and then I can devote everything to the LN and get things done.
    Thanks, I just read it!

It's kind of interesting seeing the most significant trauma in Erice's life (and provides some more solid context on her beef with her grandmother because boy Chitose kind of sucks as a guardian figure). I kind of wish I could just see an entire volume just dedicated to the flashback and her relationship with Louis.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still no word regarding the 3rd volume in any way?

it'll come one day

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Throughout 2020, FGO events featuring Meteo characters (Nagiko Valentine, Requiem, Imaginary Scramble) were written by guest writers, presumably because Meteo himself was busy writing Requiem. In 2021, he seemingly came back to writing FGO events (Caren Valentine, Slapstick Museum), so he might have reached a significant milestone in Requiem's writing. This could be volume 3.