Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    What would make Voyager different from a Rider?
    Simple a rider's noble phantasm is usually their sweet ass ride. A voyager's Noble Phantasm is their actual journey. A common theme in myth and legend is referred to the hero's journey. Mythologist Joseph Campbell wrote about the heroes journey and it's structure. Many times in myth it's not a single deed but what the hero's journey represents. If you need an example just look at the Epic of Gilgamesh as a whole, specifically examining how Gilgamesh transformed from an arrogant hero to a wise king by the end.

Here I have some examples of possible Voyager servants

Example1: Do you agree that Marco Polo is eligible to be a servant? I do. In the create a servant topic people have made him both as an Archer and a Rider. Now i'm not saying that either of these classes don't make sense. But when you think of Marco Polo many people simply think of his journey to China and back more than any one thing he might have done. In this sense his Noble Phantasm is the journey itself, probably manifesting as a Reality Marble.

Example2: Do you agree that Neil Armstrong is eligible to be a servant? He's been mentioned and made a brief appearance in Fate/Extra Last Encore and got name dropped in Fate/Requiem. Once again he could be a rider because of his spaceship, but what people know him for is the journey to the moon and his famous line, "One small step for man....". Once again he could be a servant who is about their journey more than anyone thing they did or any vehicle they rode on.

Lastly I also want to point out that this topic shouldn't become about Joseph Campbell and the details of this works. The idea is that for some servants the Journey is more important than the actual deeds.

Blog Entries
    Basically every hero is famous for their journey lol that’s why it’s called the hero’s journey

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Basically every hero is famous for their journey lol that’s why it’s called the hero’s journey
    Not really. Some heroes like king arthur do heroic things but don't go anywhere. A voyager servant actully went somewhere and their trip was a heroic feat they are known for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    Not really. Some heroes like king arthur do heroic things but don't go anywhere. A voyager servant actully went somewhere and their trip was a heroic feat they are known for.
    jour·ney/ˈjərnē/
    noun
    an act of traveling from one place to another.
    "she went on a long journey"

voy·age
    /ˈvoiij/
    noun
    a long journey involving travel by sea or in space.
    "a six-year voyage to Jupiter"

Voyage (航海, Kōkai?) is a Skill denoting one's steering techniques for a ship. Because it is specialized for ships only, it is impossible for one to ride horses or chariots.

Voyager of the Storm (嵐の航海者, Arashi no Kōkai-sha?, localized as "Rider on the Storm") is the talent to sail vessels recognized as ships.

Blog Entries
    Apparently Richard Wagner, the guy who wrote Parsifal--the opera from which Kundry is from--also wrote the Flying Dutchman opera. I wonder if this is somehow connected to Kundry falling in love with the Flying Dutchman.

Blog Entries
    I really wish TM would stop making more and more Fate/whateva works, that feature any combinations of Servants, grails, grail wars and Saberfaces of any kind, and would instead focus on new works without any of that stuff, or the supposed Mahoyo sequels, or you know, the friggin' Tsukihime remake that they have been promising us for a ridiculous amount of years now. The Case Files anime is like the only thing I have to look forward to at the moment that isn't Fate/something.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    I wish it too, but there is one problem...

Anything Fate related will, undoubtedly, prints easy money (just look at FGO for instance)

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Those title are out of focus amidst all the current Fate craze tbh. Like, I assume anyone looking forwards to those would still prefer Nasu being in charge of the writing if/when those projects make their debut again but until that happens complaining about it through another these Fate/ pet projects written by not!Nasu and making the pointless comparison like it's relevant anyway just seems like a excuse to rant.

Case Files leans pretty hard on Fate/something too. I don't expect any future work will truly distance itself away until Nasu releases one of those big works for other TM writers to work with.

- - - Updated - - -

then finally despair when they continue to churn out Fate/somethings anyway
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Also, I somehow doubt that a light novel by Meteor is taking development resources from Tsukihime HD.

The Tsukimhime remake got waylayed by FGO. Once FGO is done Nasu probolly will move on from fate. I kind of sense frustration from him because fate work was so successful that he's stuck writing it forever.

fate won't end. It will just move onto other writers like Meteo who will keep on doing their own thing until people lose interest.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nasu already has plans post fgo, based on an interview
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Love live and Dark Souls with Miura, probably
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    All the swimsuit Servants and grotesque Lostbelt Servants are simply an introduction for the upcoming Fate/Idol and Fate/Dark Souls, I see.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Remember how the Tsukihime anime and Kara no Kyoukai movies made those series into megafranchises that carry the entire company?
    Where was a Tsukihime anime?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    Apparently Richard Wagner, the guy who wrote Parsifal--the opera from which Kundry is from--also wrote the Flying Dutchman opera. I wonder if this is somehow connected to Kundry falling in love with the Flying Dutchman.
    Possible, though I think it'd be more likely something to do with them both being archtypes of the "Wandering Jew" and thus share the same curse of immortality. Perhaps misery loves company as they say.

--EDIT--

Now that I think about it, I wonder how Kundry would react to seeing Longinus as she was there during the crucifixion and her curse directly stems from that event.
    Last edited by Skull; January 8th, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    So it's Galahad's fetish to have cute girls cosplay as him?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    So it's Galahad's fetish to have cute girls cosplay as him?
    Understandable.

As degenerate as his father

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    I wish it too, but there is one problem...

Anything Fate related will, undoubtedly, prints easy money (just look at FGO for instance)
    The problem is not that much that Fate sells well, it's that the other stuff has proved again and again that, regardless of quality, it doesn't sell anywhere as well as Fate. The old Type-Moon might have juggled them in as well regardless, but by now it's too big a business with too many monetary obligations to meet, like any huge enterprise. It's just in bad business dropping something that sells well to focus on something that doesn't sell as much.
    Last edited by OverMaster; January 11th, 2019 at 02:00 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I honestly think it's just that Nasu is too busy with Extella and FGO.
    When he cuts his involvement with FGO I genuinely expect him to start focusing on non-Fate stuff as well.

Though I also expect he won't be able to stop writing for it completely and will end up delivering more unreasonably massive chapters/events from time to time.