Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2060656869707172 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1436

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    pg52-54
    Before the train reached its destination, I asked Voyager several question. I was trying to confirm whether he had the same level of modern common sense the Holy Grail installed into normal Servants. Obvious matters not being conveyed could prove particularly inconvenient during an emergency.
    ... Well, I didn't get the answers I wanted, and ended up being the one to give a lecture. Today's lecture will be about the Holy Grail War.
    I've repeated similar lectures multiple times since the contact was bound, several days ago. He would only say he didn't know about the war, as expected.
    "The war happened fourteen years ago... The Holy Grail War is compulsory education at school. They're obligated. Not everyone wants to talk about it. There are families who would rather their children not know."
    When he saw my face, Voyager glanced at Karin. She was feigning ignorance. Elbow against the window, she looked outside.
    "There was a big war, right?"
    "Yes. There was. A big war. History's biggest war that swallowed every living creature on this planet. Every nation, person, Heroic Spirit that had been summoned weren't safe. It was that big of a war. That's why our planet was turned into this. Voyager, the beautiful globe that you knew... what remains is just a shell."
    A fact that every Mosaic City Middle School student knows.
    He's shocked. His eyes that look back at me quiver. It's the first time he's had such a sorrowful expression.
    "..."
    No longer festive, the listless Karin twists the corners of her mouth. She puts a hand on top of Voyager's head and ruffles his hair. An elder sister doing whatever she wants to very young little brother.
    Voyager was sullen. Of course. I haven't done that to him yet.
    "The whales?"
    There was only a cruel answer to a simple question.
    "I think most of the whales were victims in the war. They were collateral to the drones."
    "Doro-n?"
    "Yes, drone. Flying unmanned weapons. Machines that make a judgement about the battle conditions and attack the opponent. The last war was a battle between drones. At the height of the fighting, it's estimated there was more than ten thousand drones to one solider. Drones from tiny bugs to the size of a passenger plane, they flew above the battlefield semi-autonomously. There weren't just airborne drones. Excavation drones to infiltrate underground installations, underwater drones, and other unusual types were developed. There were even suicide bombing attack submarines that disguised themselves as dolphins or whales. During the war, any approaching fish silhouette must have been attacked out of fear."
    It's a miracle if there are any large marine mammals alive in the sea.
    Cape Canaveral where the US space facility is located was the first battleground. Now, it's wasteland of effluent filled craters. Florida's beautiful waters will never return.
    "Drones are, machines, yes. Then, I'm also"
    "You're nothing alike...!"
    I didn't expect such a strong outburst from myself.
    Voyager's eyes widened, even Karin was taken aback. But I didn't stop.
    "You aren't anything like them. You're unrelated to war or weapons. You're different."
    Karin takes over.
    "Well, yeah. Voyager isn't a drone is he. Drones are devilish things. At least, for our parents generation, they're dreadful things not to be talked about. In Mosaic city we've managed to get rid of them, but for some time after the war, a lot of people died disposing of the surviving drones.
    "...Eh...?"
    Karin laughs at Voyager's scowl, his eyes darting back and forth the moving train car.
    It wasn't unreasonable. At first glance, the train seemed to run through a very vulnerable location.
    "This track is fine, Voyager. This railroad connected to Mosaic City is within the city's bounded field, so its well protected. However... outside Mosaic City is hell."
    For the city to function, a minimal number of single function drones are allowed. For example, they measure the pollution levels of places humans can't reach or act as surveillance cameras with very limited operating space. They're practically like old world radio controlled machines that require an operator. If it's possible to substitute with magecraft, we use that instead. Machines that come into contact with people are registered with the relevant authorities and cleverly camouflaged to assuage public sentiment.
    "Hell... You know the old me never believed that story. After hanging out with Erice and learning about intruders from the outside or foreign stray Servants I stopped being suspicious."
    Yes, none of our generation feels the disasters that are outside. We aren't conscious of it in our daily life. That's how peaceful Mosaic City... was.
    "Today, countless drones are hidden, hibernating in the wastelands. They have semi-indefinite lifespan. If a plane were to fly over, a drone that detects it would wake up and shoot it down."
    The ocean is the same. Even a ship that has conquered the sea isn't safe.
    The Wandering Hollander's ship, "The Flying Dutchman" set sail with Captain Hendricks' Master, Aheseutus. They completely understood the fatal risks they were taking setting out on such a voyage. Definitely two people cursed by god and a sea demon.
    My goal is Fuyuki and I can't reach it without travelling through that hell.
    That's why I need to prepare. I need a strong weapon.
    The thing Karen Fujimura left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow where's my Drone Servant then You?

Blog Entries
    sometimes i forgot that Fate/Requiem is posadism

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nah, not enough Dolphins

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The whales may be dead, but hopefully the dolphins escaped with the mice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Turns out all the Alien God/Beast VII needs to get rid of Chaldea is siccing drones on them. Lots of drones.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    A moment of silence for the whales and their continued support of F/GO.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Is there a translation for vol 2?

US Friend Code
    Not yet, but didn't the digital version only just come out?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Erice's name, pg91-92
    In conclusion, I was able to hear a very important story from the witch Circe.
    While not directly about Fuyuki, it was related to our enemies. I'll have to relate it again to Karin and Voyager who haven't had the chance to hear and chew the cud.
    While leaving the fruit parlor, the witch threw such a silly question at me.
    "By the way Erice. The parent who came up with your name, were they fluent in Greek?"
    "Ehhh... no. If anything he liked French literature."
    I don't know know exactly which one of my parents came up with my name, but at that moment I answered like that. In my parent's house my dad had left behind some Western books. In addition to English books were many French ones. Among them was Exupéry's 'The Little Prince.'
    "Ah, I see. Then its fine."
    "...Why? You've made me curious."
    I had no choice but to ask. I had all intention of continuing the conversation, it's just that I was now also aware of the curiosity welling up in my chest.
    "It's nothing important. The name Erice (エリセ) just sounds like a name based off the place heroes go after they die. If you want to be exact, 'Elysium.' I thought it was ironic you have such a name while roaming the streets as a 'Reaper.'"
    "...It's a common name."
    Then Euclid hesitantly opened her mouth and supplemented with, "In French, Élise (エリゼ) is synonymous with Elysium (エリュシオン). For example the Champs-Élysées (エリセの園). Through the Arc de Triomphe, to the paradise that Heroic Spirits return to. For more information ask Bonaparte."
    "As expected of a bookworm, knowing so much outside your area of expertise. When the tournament resumes, will you please be a commentator this time?"
    "Ueee... how non-Euclidean."
    Circe laughed at that with a fufu and offered some parting words.
    "Fuyuki, huh, she... I heard Medea was summoned there. Well, maybe she died a while back and returned to the Throne of Heroes? Hey, if you see her send her my regards."
    ...Yes. Even if that person is my enemy.
    Being unable to meet the person you want to meet is so heart-wrenchingly frustrating.

WW3, pg 104-106

"I've got a mountain of questions... but first, I need to confirm something."
    Karin and Voyager leaned in to earnestly listen to the words that finally spilled out. What will be said may cut to the very core of the matter.
    "Yes?"
    "Erice, on what grounds do you believe that a past Holy Grail War is still happening? Did Karen Fujimura leave some convincing evidence behind? I... don't think the answer you seek is in Fuyuki."
    "..."
    For me, no reason was more important than Karen's final wish. However, if I'm going to involve Koharu, dragging her into danger, I can't give anything but an honest answer, especially not a reason that glosses over so much.
    "... I... me too... I don't. I'm not sure either."
    "Is this a 'gamble?' Like what they do in the arena for amusement, a prayer for a reversal of fortune?"
    "No. No way."
    First looking at Karin then Voyager, I reveal a secret I've never told anyone before.
    "Fuyuki has a real Grail."
    Koharu sits under the eaves of the terrace, her back to the sparkling sea. She narrows her eyes, darkened by the shadows her body casts.
    "I think this Holy Grail still exists, Koharu."
    "...Like... you don't mean the actual holy cup but what we refer to as a Holy Grail? The original significance of a Holy Grail War is laying down a magic circle, a Holy Grail. That is, a "ritual" that calls forth miracles. Like bombs strategically place on the major leyline foci around the globe and then detonated. The Mystery, the Holy Grail might be organic or inorganic before it descends, but either or, its true form is a magic circle. It has been confirmed that during the war, there were over thirty Holy Grail Wars of various sizes co-currently primed and ready to begin. Initially, the Holy Grail Wars were held in secret but before long the increasingly tense conflicts between countries and terrorism flung the gates opens and the Grail Wars ran rampant in the open."
    Koharu eloquently repeats what she most likely learned from the Riedenflaus family.
    "Yeah. People from around the world were deceived. When they learned that the World War III began to nurture an innumerable amount of Holy Grail Wars, they were already past the point of no return."
    "Fuyuki was one of those battlegrounds. I know it was one of the fiercest battlegrounds, but the scale of the ritual must have been inferior to other battlefronts. Due to the fierce battle, the final winner was unknown, the ritual was not completed, and the accumulated magical energy from the Holy Grail dispersed... And you're choosing to go there?"
    "That's right. I have to see it for myself."
    With determination, I nod for the second time. I feel Voyager's single-minded gaze on my cheek.
    "Huh? There isn't much difference though," Karin interjects. "What about the Holy Grail in our hearts? Why go through all the trouble when there's already one there?"
    Saying that, she places her right hand to her chest, a Command Spell that resembles a blooming rosebud appears.
    (...She said 'our' but more accurately, Karin and Koharu's hearts. We still aren't certain about me yet.)
    Koharu politely answers without annoyance. She even looks a bit haughty.
    "The Holy Grail in our hearts is a terminal device of the Stigmata... the supreme Holy Grail Manazuru Chitose and St. Longinus obtained. The final victor Manazuru Chitose asked to the wish granting Holy Grail to persist and distribute itself...
    "Yeah, yeah we know. That's why Mosaic City exists. But, it's a terminal? Then, aren't we more like capillaries than hearts?"
    "Capillaries... certainly. That's exactly the word. Mosaic City's 'Holy Grail' is wholly connected via magecraft and is essentially identical. A individual's provision of magical energy can be summarized as the difference between a thick or thin flow."
    As she talked, Koharu's voice grew more subdued.
    "The victors of the Holy Grail Wars in various places repeatedly moved to different battlefronts, aiming for greater heights, more fighting. They fought in muddy battles to possess the Holy Grails that others had won. The Stigmata put an end to that. Strangely enough, they settled it similar to a tournament."
    "If that's the case, they shouldn't have started a war in the first place. It's a stupid, just stupid, story. All that's left are an enormous amount of victims and a depleted, devastated world. For whatever wish came true using the Holy Grail, so much more has been lost forever."
    "You have a different point of view, Erice. Stigmata is a hero who saved the people." Koharu asserted.

After this Karin guesses what Erice's motivation is. That's less blithe worldbuilding and more character motivation that requires actual context. So I'm not including that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    "Maybe the real Holy Grail is the friends we made along the way."

Thanks You for the translation.

US Friend Code
    30 simultaneous Grail Wars almost makes it sound like Apo verse, but then again in that case Fuyuki wouldn't have a Grail.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So the final Holy Grail War was the Ultimate Holy Grail War of Ultimate History.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    So maybe it’s a world where Prelati got past Zouken seeing as the proliferation of HGWs is part of their plan. Though for some reason, the timeline feels really weird so maybe the entire world line is shifted way more than implied.

I'm probably an idot for trying to connect the rest of the verse with Requiem, but where is the Mage Association in all this?

I doubt they'd let an eastern Magus change the world as she pleases.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What can the Association do? The worldwide Grail Wars were already a public commotion everywhere before Chitose started winning all of them. Even then, Chitose turning the larger Holy Grail War into a tournament aligns with the Association's interest of keeping everything organized. But once she made her wish, it became kinda too late to stop her.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wonder when vol3 will release.

Is vol 2 translated?

No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.