Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: Original Sin (IC)

Asher Bharrant
    Inferno
    Afternoon

"You're not very concerned about your own wellbeing are you? You may want to be less chatty about your connections with the Governor after the riot yesterday you know?"

Sighing lethargically as Nameless' filter once again fails to stop her from spilling some troubling statements, Asher begins to lead her to Loki's residence. Considering what she'd just said, this woman is a bouquet of problems.

Not only is she not from the Inferno --and it really shows-- but the way she openly speaks of her ties to Inferno's ruler brings a danger to her if the wrong people overhear her.

No... considering Asher's newformed ties with the Sin of Wrath and Lust, the wrong people had already overheard her...

Even the way she blatantly disregards the guards reeks of problems on the near horizon, something best nipped in the bud before it truly becomes another hassle in a series of today's issues.

"What exactly do you mean with 'if problems arise'? That sounds more like a 'when' than an 'if'... If you two are acquainted can't you just call ahead so she can let you through?"

Without showing the souring expression on his face as Asher considers the headache of today, the pair move through the streets.

Really, what have I gotten myself involved with. Best hope Ash came through and fixed the Pike situation at least... and then there's Mattias...

He silently prays that he doesn't meet someone he knows along the way, explaining this situation is tough enough as is if Nameless talks too much.

Amd besides, enough trouble lie in wait at home as it is.

Asher Bharrant
    Inferno
    Afternoon

"You're not very concerned about your own wellbeing are you? You may want to be less chatty about your connections with the Governor after the riot yesterday you know?"
    "Hahaha," Nameless laughed cheerfully. "That's quite generous of you to worry about someone else like that. I'd even say that's sound advice. Completely rational and logical reasoning. But you know, while I appreciate it, it's a bit wasted."

"After all, even as I am now, there's still nothing here that can even come close to me."

She didn't speak with confidence. She simply stated it as a matter of fact, like a person stating that the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening. Like it was something that was just common sense. For a single moment, Asher found himself accepting that statement due to how plainly she said it, before the logic of what that entails actually reached his brain and gave it a wake up call.

"What exactly do you mean with 'if problems arise'? That sounds more like a 'when' than an 'if'... If you two are acquainted can't you just call ahead so she can let you through?"
    "I said it already right? Loki is already well aware, and if she wanted to do so, she would have done so. The fact that she hasn't done so, means she's won't do it even if I asked."

"Well, the fact of the matter is, she probably simply doesn't like me. I bet that this is simply some form of bullying or hazing. Honestly..."

Nameless gave an exasperated sigh as she continued to follow Asher and chat away.

"It's not like I don't understand her reasons, but I think she's putting way too much personal emotion into things sometimes. I can't really tell if she's underestimating me or if she's just too wary of me for some reason, or maybe it's something else altogether."
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Asher Bharrant
    Inferno
    Afternoon

---What was this ominous feeling, this premonition of an ill-fortuned fate?

"Haha, I think even I can understand that having just met. You say some frightening stuff Nameless, being wary of you only seems wise."

A girl without name, walking fearlessly in a city of devils. Worse still is that she seems completely confident in her claim that 'nothing can get close to her' despite the people here.

It wasn't too long ago that Asher witnessed the terrifying and near instant power of the Witch of Ice and Frost, casting all her foes in a world of ice had Sen not saved him. The Sin of Wrath herself made a good showing too, and the witch's arch nemesis, the Sin of Lust himself, is also just as capable of great scale destruction...

Yet, neither of these two posed a threat to her? The other Sins, Zero, none of these could even come close to her?

What terrifying might does this girl have to make such a claim as if it was but a mere fact?

With such thoughts occupying his mind, Asher nevertheless tries to move on, unwilling to show his growing concern.

Still, a certain thought drowns out the others as it enters the young man's mind...

"...So Nameless, your name has 'some circumstances' behind it but, does that ring true for your past as well?"

Truth be told, it would probably be smart simply to accept the girl her words and continue not prying, yet her words again and again make it hard to ignore the possible implications.

Here was a girl, likely from a place Asher longed to go to, more powerful than any here. If there was a chance, he should take it and see if she could be his key to a better life, but ---

Devils take whatever price they deem appropriate in exchange for their powers. Any who make a contract with such an entity for power will have a price to match their wish.

With this train of logic... the girl whose very name brings issues, who is untouchable by the inhabitants of the Inferno... may have had the strongest of wishes.

Or perhaps, a different, more troubling entity still is behind this mysterious maiden.

---It's possible that this girl is far too troublesome to try anything with.