Page 115 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1565105110113114115116117120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

"..."

---Come to think of it, the signs of this particular conclusion had been there right from the start.

The other girl hadn't recognized her on the bus, hadn't said anything to her in the classroom introductions, hadn't noticed her name on the door plaques and come to say hi, nothing, not a single thing...

She had blamed it on the bus rides of course, everyone had been tired -it had been a long trip- easy to miss people when you're fighting to stay awake as it is, she could accept that, it made sense, that's why it hadn't hurt too badly when Elise and Vivienne had forgotten, after all, it was to be expected, but...

Cesarina?

New school friends were one thing... Someone you had hung around with for ages in Italy was another...

"..."

For a moment the smile she had kept up until now flickers to something else, because for a moment, she does not know what to say... There were a ton of people all around now, people that had seen her act in an embarrassing way before being denied, turned down, forgotten by someone she had really been looking forward to seeing again, exposing oneself more directly, wearing their heart more on their sleeve, yes...

Unlike with the other two, this one hurt a bit...

Enough that she retracts that same heart a bit, after all, isn't it natural to want to protect yourself from pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "Errm... now just a minute here..." Cesarina mumbled, peering at Liana from multiple angles. "Since you phrased it like that, could it be that my magnificent memory is failing me and we are..."

Cesarina's twin-tails bounced questioningly.

"... Friends of some sort?"

"Well, I certainly believe so, we hung out in Italy, once upon a time. Knight and Princess, we were playing that sort of game, I do believe I ruined some of your clothes on accident during our first meeting, so I agreed to be your assistant for awhile. But it is alright if you've forgotten, I may simply be mistaken myself."

The smile returns.

She does her best, as she always does, and her voice regains the strength of it's usual cheer.

She can't even get too upset about it, after all, wasn't she the one that had left Cesarina behind?

It's easy to forget about a _____ that leaves you behind, they aren't worth that much in the end, so forgetting is natural...

It hadn't been her fault, but that is neither here nor there... For now, she cannot allow herself to become depressed over something that was apparently nothing particularly meaningful to the girl, after all...

Eli and Vivi...

She was still looking out for them right now.

It'd be pretty uncool to show anything other than her smiling face.

Cool, strong and collected, right up until the end-!

That is Liana Skye.

"Regardless, I'm glad you're alright."

She says it sincerely, smiling a gentle smile, before glancing up at Pyry and-

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "You know, I'm so lost as to what's going on..."
    "It's pretty simple honestly. Hisa is gonna keep trying to drag you out of here, might be in your best interests to give in now. She doesn't seem like the type to give up easily."

-says that calmly, but with a hint of an amused smile crossing her face.

"The name's Skye by the way, Liana Skye. I haven't left much of an impression on the class it seems, so I figure I'll just do all of my introductions with everyone over again, just in case~"

Just like always.

Do everything the best you can-!
    Last edited by Airen; April 20th, 2020 at 10:33 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Height. Gotcha!"

I nod, saving the word to my memory, and give Subaru a thumbs-up and a slightly-less-painful grin than usual.

"I'll get it to you by class! Soon you're gonna feel like a whole new, seven foot tall Subaru."

Well, that's probably not likely. But is it impossible? Not in the slightest! Just like it's not impossible for me to grow, it must also be possible for Subaru to get bigger, too!

More pressing than that thought, though, is...

"Sorry, but I gotta run now. Dunno what's going on over there, but that big softie's in the middle of it and he looks like he needs someone to drag him to safety. Knowing him, he's gonna let himself get pushed around again!"

There's a commotion at the cafeteria doors. Something's going on and I finally have the energy to look up and face it head-on. Pyry's there (wasn't he supposed to be at the lunch line, glaring?) and surrounding him are... a bunch of people. Heads of black and brown hair and even one that's sorta greenish. How did he get so popular? That's a dumb question... it's Pyry. Of course everyone likes him and wants to be around him.

Unfortunately, I happen to be one of those people too.

"And 'Straza, don't forget. After school! I'll give you a ride to the beach party. No take-backs!"

It only takes a moment.

A hop.

A skip.

A jump.

The distance between me and the mess is lowered to nearly zero.

There we are. A bunch of people, faces blurring together. But I only have eyes for that tall mane of lion-like hair.

When did my heart start pounding? It's only been two days since we saw each other, right? I'm sure he and Hisa made up. I'm sure he was just fine. I'm sure...

"Oy, Kong!"

I pat his back as far up as I can reach. Which is nearly too low! Nearly too far down! That was close; any further and it might seem indecent to a passerby!

"Got yourself stuck at the doors, huh? Didn't realize you got so popular so fast!"

So many people... I recognize some faces, but not others. I should've gotten them the first time around. But maybe that's what this dream is for.

"Anyway, need any help? C'mon, people, let's clear some room! We got a wide load over here! He doesn't turn so good! Needs at least two lanes! Really, what's the big... idea..."

Faces.

Yes, faces. Familiar faces.

Hisa Momoi, looking irritated and frustrated. She seemed like that back then, too. Seeing her is a relief. Maybe this time our friendship can start off on a better note. We might even be able to trust each other.

That green-haired girl. I didn't get her name. Didn't see her much at all, actually. Gonna have to fix that.

A black-haired girl who I definitely don't remember seeing. Was my ignorance truly so thorough? Better apologize to her after I catch her name.

Elise Pelltier. She always seemed like the platonic ideal of a background character. But I'm sure she's deeper than I'd thought.

And, holding onto her hand, holding up a childish drawing showing a familiar scene, is...

The world stops in its tracks.

The cheer that has been slowly building over the past few minutes evaporates in an instant.

Those eyes.

Those empty eyes that stare into my soul.

Those eyes, that were once filled with agony and fear, are before me once again.

Empty, once more.

Ah... why is... everything getting all blurry?

Why does my heart feel like it's been torn apart all over again?

Why... why...

"...Vivi?"

Why did it have to be you?

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille groans in her chair. This is hell. Well, not quite, but if she has ever determined a situation to be close to hell, this is one of them. She has never particularly liked putting herself up for display, bothering to look beautiful—she already felt like a living trophy as is. And though Sakura clearly had the best of intentions, she finds it almost impossible to fully relax.

Besides, it’s just class. Does it matter how nice she looked? Ideally, there would be many more days to co—

Ah. Maybe she shouldn’t think like that. She thought she had plenty of time in those days that existed yet didn’t, but that turned out to be an incredible lie. Even so, it’s not like she can struggle against fate. She’s already trapped in here.

The path of least resistance is cooperation, and Lucille Faraday gives in.

“Do what you want,” she pouts, accepting the inevitable.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

".... huh... oh... uh... umm.... um...!"
    “Now, now Ramia. Don’t tease the poor fellow too much, he might start letting off steam out of his ears next if you keep this up.“

But the party would be good for Gabi. The blonde needed to get out of his shell and, like last time, this would be a chance for him to do so. And while it may be possible for Anna to at least somewhat avert Sunday’s tragedies by hardening the blonde and cutting off his emotional responsiveness to tragedy… doing so would undoubtedly leave a bad taste in her mouth. He would probably never heal from something like that, even if it did end up pushing back her own future demise.

Besides, as the timid boy was, it might serve to break him even earlier this time.

But maybe she could make some mental restraints, a spiritual leash, perhaps? Maybe she could craft a noose of binding fire like one would do for a külmking or a luupainaja. Something like that may interfere with Gabriela’s attempts to influence the world and serve as a secondary barrier between her and the “outside” so to speak. Even if it wouldn’t stop her manifestation in the case of Gabi’s full breakdown, it would probably stop her from mucking up things as she did with those Coastrise siblings…

…well, they were another question she would have to find an answer to at some point. That girl was an oriental mystic. The structural foundation was Chinese, that much was sure, but... The longer she left them to roam about, the worse it would end up. It was clear that they weren’t just “bystanders” either, the presence of those familiars on school grounds way before Sunday made that much clear at least.

As she popped another piece of bacon into her mouth, Anna’s eyes fell on the mass disturbance that was now unfolding near the entrance, where a massive cluster of people was now gathering.

“What the hell is going on over there…”

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Vivienne's eyes carefully gauged the situation. Every little bit of inflection, every single bit of body language, she let none of it go unnoticed. An empty shell diving into this sea of emotions, Vivienne's peculiar state was perhaps more of a blessing than a curse here, for she could continue to monitor it all while keeping her objective in mind, never being distracted or swayed by one of the many twists that were revealing themselves as everyone was suddenly gathering at the cafeteria door...

Judging from Pyry's reaction, he was most likely clueless concerning the entirety of the 'dreams'. Hisa on the other hand was quite understanding of what the words meant, and what the drawing implied... in fact, it seems like she wanted to get some private time with Pyry so she could explain to him everything that 'had' occurred. Where were these two when it all 'ended'? That is something she was going to found out eventually, seeing that Hisa was also keen on catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “You too, Vivi. It would seem that the three of us have something in common,”

"Yes... many things to talk about... "

Vivienne nodded quietly as she glanced between Hisa and Pyry one more time, noting Hisa's eagerness on getting herself and Pyry untangled from the mess that was looming ahead -- indeed, it would be quite awkward to just occupy the cafeteria's entrance and start talking about all these... strange things.

It wouldn't help Skye either. While Vivienne was curious and perhaps rather suspicious on the nature of Liana Skye, her perceptive monitoring of everyone's behavior let the quiet girl catch on that Caesarina's response was like a dagger to Liana's heart. It had to be, for someone who has displayed so much cheerfulness and energy in the face of the, frankly, horribly morning she had been given, her losing her smile momentarily meant that the bond she had formed with Caesarina must have been genuine... and for it to somewhat just vaporize as if nothing had happened between them.. well, wasn't that like Pyry not remembering anything too? He too, had been kind and helpful to Vivienne, yet it seems like unlike Hisa or Elise... he didn't remember anything.

"Miss Skye... it's alright... I think that... strange things are happening..."

It would be impossible for someone as striking as her to be forgotten. Thus Vivienne wasn't insane, nor was anyone going insane... rather 'reality' itself was the problem.

"Here... Here..."

Relax, relax, help Liana Skye relax. The most tightly strung bows, are the ones that snap the easiest.

Vivienne gave a few pats, as warm and friendly as she could on Liana's back. Of course, this is Vivienne Bianchi we are talking about. While the idea is solid, her execution and any attempt to convey proper 'warmth' from her voice is impossible. But still... it appears that people were going crazy on Sunday... so it was better that someone doesn't immediately go crazy now.

It also hit Vivienne that with this time resetting and different circumstances things, there was a notable similarity with a Movie that had done well a bit less than ten years ago... what was its name... Back to the Future? Alternate timelines, was it?

Such a concept wasn't very foreign to the supernatural, albeit it was something extremely difficult to grasp, even for those well versed in the magical.

As the commotion went on, and Vivienne was preparing herself to usher the group into the Cafeteria, another unknown factor came into play, though this one, was... much more impactful.

It impacted Vivienne Bianchi to the point where she stopped, mouth left lightly open. It was like she wanted to say something, but there were no words coming out. She wanted to think, she wanted to say something, but nothing came out.

The sight of a small girl with a helmet on her head.

Owl's Nest Hotel.

A surge of horror assailing Vivienne Bianchi, even though it was impossible.

A Wolf Pack.

Mister Currumpaw.

Her body lying motionless in a field of flowers.

"...Prushie?"

<<< Oh, what is this, what is this pain that is filling you up, is it actual emotions?. >>>

<<< Hah, of course not. >>>

<<< It is only the contradiction of acting like you 'should', not acting like how you truly 'are'. If you could, you would even shed crocodile tears now, because that is how Vivienne Bianchi is. Do you really think that is how you will fix yourself? >>>

<<< A lie is still a lie. >>>

Shut up.

Vivienne Bianchi froze still as she stared at Prushka with her empty eyes. A second. A minute. An hour. It may have even felt like an eternity, even if in real time she only zoned for a few seconds... but these moments may have been caught on by every single person around.

"Prushie...!"

Vivienne repeated the affectionate nickname she had been calling the little girl for the 'past' days, suddenly running up to her and grabbing hold of the girl's shoulders, crouching down too so that their eyes would be at the same level. A sense of equality. It was really strange for anyone watching this, as if the two, unlike Skye and Caesarina, had undergone some sort of separation and were now suddenly being reunited. As equally bizarre was the behavior of Vivienne Bianchi -- while she was, without doubt, detached and as blank as ever, the actions or the meaning behind them would imply that there was a fire burning behind the cold, lifeless front.

"... next time... you won't scare me..."

Prushka could feel the grip around her shoulders tighten up.

"But... sorry... didn't make it either..."

Vivienne continued to stare with her cold, piercing eyes into Prushka's very own soul. Was she mad, relieved, happy? There was no way of telling, but certainly... there reunion did matter to the girl, to a degree. However, realizing how much carried away she had gotten, Vivienne let out a soundless 'oh' and took a step back, returning to the side of Elise.

"We creating... commotion..."

Vivienne said as she motioned at the rest of the cafeteria, with everyone whose eyes were starting to lock on to the group that was gathering here. It was wise to not make a scene yes. The empty girl did not stop looking at Prushka however, waiting to see what her response was -- was she expecting an apology, a greeting, something else?

Vivienne Bianchi
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Ah..."

Her voice.

"Ah... ah..."

Her hands on my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    Her painful confession that invalidates whatever justification my cruelty had had.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    Her eyes... her empty eyes...

I'm shaking. I'm shaking, so...

"Ah... ahahaha!"

It moves on its own. While my heart is frozen, my body moves on its own.

Her hand. My hand grabs onto hers, as if to never let it go again.

"S-sorry, I didn't... didn't realize..."

With the other, I reach up to brush away the tears that have gathered up and are moments away from spilling out.

"Were... were you really here the whole time, Vivi?"

Yes, even if I have no idea what to do, this is when training takes over.

"Geeze... you're as unnoticeable as ever... I didn't even see you at introductions!"

Rule number one. The Masquerade must be maintained at all times. Thus, even though I don't understand what's going on, why I am here or why she remembers as well... all that comes second.

"H-how long has it been? I thought, you'd be, filming another movie back home, or at some tropical island... not here of all places..."

Thus, the only option left is to stumble through an awkward lie. For the sake of keeping up the great ugly game of pretend that we're all forced to play along with. If there are others who remember, then it'll certainly be even harder to believe. But it's the only way allowed.

Sniff. G-gross... but that's fine. I can't keep hold of my heart right now... that'll add to it. Even if it sounds awkward, it's because this is an awkward reunion between two 'old friends'. That's what it must be.

"S-sorry, I just, didn't expect to see you again like this... especially outside of California..."

But, I won't let go. That part isn't a lie.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

After the song finished, I felt oddly satisfied despite the amount of errors that I did in the last half of the song. Normally, I would’ve thought about how I could improve myself mechanically and preemptively prepare myself to do the next song better just like running a mock-up of a mission. Run it again and again until you could do it in your sleep perfectly. Adjust as needed but don’t deviate massively from the plan(s) without Zieg’s approval.

Despite it being only the first song he played, Inacio started fishing around in his bag for the cans of sodas. Last time, I had a minor freak out when he placed the can on my face while I had my eyes close. It reminded me a little too much of a sudden gun barrel meant to hold me hostage at the time. Now that I know it was coming, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Eventually, he pulled out the Jolt Soda and considered handing it off before frowning. He set it aside before rummaging some more to pull out two Pepsi Strawberry Bursts. He kept one to himself and then tossed one to me in an easy arc. Rough end of the arc was around my chest level and offset by about two centimeters to my right. I easily caught it and opened at the same time Inacio opened his.

Quote Originally Posted by Inacio
    "I figure what you need know isn't energy, but something flavorful to give some fresh perspective. I've seen that face of yours a few times... some in the artist circles call it a rut or a slump. Of course, I might be completely wrong here, and I'm not exactly trying to pry but... well, you're a fast learner. You caught onto what I was doing back towards the last third of the song. Good going, I say."
    “I just happened to notice it due to my particular playing habits… The first and second parts were played near perfectly by both of us. However, once I started stumbling on the harder third part… It seemed odd that you also started stumbling just as much on a song you chose. However, it makes sense considering your advice.”

In actuality… Unless someone utilized the same playing method and was equally unfamiliar with the song, I doubt a novice would’ve been able to notice his purposeful mistakes. However, they might have started improvising from the beginning once they received the advice unlike me.

"... Well, whatever is bothering you, whether it's a slump or a rut or something else, clever and quick thinking never did harm to anyone - much less the ability to improvise. So I'm sure that despite my awkward attempts at helping out someone whom I've barely met, you might have gleamed something off of my ramblings that was useful."
    “No. No. The lesson was greatly appreciated and I think it should help with my worrying about the future. If you didn’t show up, I might have shown up to class that way and been labelled as a gloomy loner girl.”

And probably yelled at by that idiot. But there’s nothing wrong with that. If anything I deserve to be yelled at and more after that…

"I suppose I never properly introduced myself either, did I? I'm Inacio Ilusão... though feel free to just call me Inacio. And if I remember correctly, you are... Vier Wolff, right?"
    “Nice to meet you Inacio. Yeah my name is Vier Wolff, but feel free to just call me Vier as well.”

I finally took a drink of the Pepsi Strawberry Burst and found it to be more preferable compared to the Jolt soda from last time. Granted, I’ve always loved sweeter objects due to personal scarcity on my end. It always made me happier when one of the modified fireteam rations accidentally kept the morale raising items from the original rations instead of more optimized nutrition items.

“Think there’s a time we can play together again? It would be kind of sad for this to be a one time kind of thing…”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi, Liana Skye, Elise Pelltier, Vivienne Bianchi & Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "The name's Skye by the way, Liana Skye. I haven't left much of an impression on the class it seems, so I figure I'll just do all of my introductions with everyone over again, just in case~"
    "???"

Looking like a particularly confused marmot, Cesarina tilted her head while still rubbing her chin, peering at Liana with narrowed eyes. Without caring for much about the people around her, she rounded the taller girl in a slow, deliberate fashion as if inspecting some sort of machine. Then, without a warning, she reached out, grabbed Liana's hairband and suddenly pulled it off in one swift move, letting the long hair fly free and unbind itself across the taller girl's back. Another five seconds of staring followed, until...

"Oooooooh!"

Cesarina snapped fingers with both of her hands, and pointed them at Liana.

"K-Knightess! It really is you! I-I... I was confused because of your peasant-like clothes, much different from the stuff you wore back then, but... Aha! Hahaha! Haa! It really is you! Even beneath that much more mundane look, it is the same brave warrior who accompanied me on my sojourn in Rome!" Cesarina suddenly proclaimed so loudly that the whole corridor and cafeteria rang with her voice. "What is this, simply what is this! How come the gallant woman, who protected me on the streets as I made myself known to the boutiques and workshop of that fine city, is now here! In this place for the so-called unfit of society! T-this is... Oh, splendid! Magnifico! Truly a miracle of the unexpected kind! Hah! Wahahahaha!"

Cesarina, who had been so unsure and confused before, had made a complete transformation - her boisterous laughter ringing loud with her hands on her hips and nose high up in the air. It would have made for a quite the aristocratic and noble laugh had it not been for the loudness of it, and the way she didn't seem at all bothered by the fact that her decibels were getting close to those of an airplane.

However, just as quickly as she had exploded in a celebatory mood, a slightly worried look flashed across her face.

"W-wait... you are here because you are a student, no? Not because of..." Cesarina glanced around, trying to be subtle and failing miserably. "... of the fact that the payment really was too little? I mean, I told you I was willing to offer a much more handsome sum, and that I would have gladly acquired some more cash than I had in the briefcase at the moment... but to come all the way here from your busy job in Japan to ask for more... ah, egads! This is why I said we should have exchanged some contact information, but then you just up and vanished one day! Ah, well, here, just a moment... I should have some change with me..."

And with that, Cesarina slipped the brown package she was carrying into her backpack, and started going over the contents of her pockets... and producing wads of cash that was quickly climbing to absurd numbers that no high school girl should have been ever carrying.

Still, while this moment had turned an awkward scene into a heartwarming one, Pyry Leijonamieli seemed to be a bit perplexed. He was staring at Cesarina, then stole a glance towards Liana, then finally back at the green-haired girl... and narrowed his eyes. And then, quietly and without meaning anyone else to hear it, the boy muttered something akin to "... not the face... but the hair...?". Though, whatever he meant by this was anyone's guess. And most likely only Hisa Momoi's, since she was the only one close enough to hear.

Of course, his musings didn't continue for very long.

Because it was at that moment that someone small and loud slapped him... well, not on the back. Prushka had done her best to slap him in the back. Instead, however, the short girl got a hit for maybe around his left buttock, which made the boy let out a yelp that sounded very much like a cat that had its tail pulled out of nowhere. The lanky athlete whirled around, face beet red and almost losing the balance of his tray, but managed to keep his cool when he saw who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Oy, Kong! Got yourself stuck at the doors, huh? Didn't realize you got so popular so fast!"
    "W-what the he--- Oh, it's just you, Squirt," Pyry replied, snorting and adopting a grin on his face. "Yeah, I've no idea why, but I've suddenly been called out by almost everyone this morning. Looks like the springtime of my youth has finally arrived~"

Chuckling to himself, Pyry turned towards Hisa to say something... but quickly shut up thanks to seeing the growing frustration on the scarred girl's face.

It was then that things took yet another turn for the stranger. Vivienne, who had so far been her usual muted self, had displayed a sudden burst of emotion when her eyes had fallen onto Prushka. And quite similarly, Prushka was clearly going through some sort of emotional trouble of her own. The way those two acted and the way they spoke, it was clear that something was going on here... but whatever it was, it was not something that outsiders could have guessed about. Still, the general atmosphere here was quite clear, clear enough that even dunderheads like Cesarina and Pyry realized that it was perhaps for the best to disband this meeting.

"Hmm... I think we should hurry along, no?" Pyry asked quietly from Hisa, nodding towards the door, odd smile on his face. "Dunno what's going on, but sound like the Squirt and Vivs here have something to talk about. Just like we do, no?"

He nudged her playfully with his elbow, before taking a step towards the corridor.

"Shall we, then?"

Similarly Cesarina, who was now holding a large pile of cash in her arms and had been trying to unload it to Liana, glanced at what was going on before giggling a little and then looking at her old acquiantance.

"Oh, speaking of which, Knightess - you should join me for a breakfast!" the green-haired girl announced, smiling from ear to ear. "There is someone I'd like to introduce you to very much. See, as it just happens, I managed to make a friend here yesterday! Imagine that! Me, making a friend! Considering she's the second friend I've made after you, I'm sure you'll get along swimmingly!"

There was something innocently naive in the way she phrased that, as if she didn't realize it herself.

"Not to mention I'm going to need someone to carry my tray, and I'd like to nominate my Knightess for the job as a reward for her long abscence!"

Somehow, the heiress managed to strike a thumb up despite all the cash she had in her arms.

"Don't worry - I'll pay for that too!"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday, Elaine Winters & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Hey, didn't I hear something about a party yesterday? I wasn't around for too long, but thought I heard some chatter about the beach. Is that right, Sakura? You were in the thick of it when I grabbed Souma and Hisa and hit the town, yeah?"
    Sakura's face perked up, and she nodded with a confident smile towards the blnode.

"Ah, yes, that's right! I managed to convince the teachers here that we could have a little gathering at the beach tonight - you know, since it's still pretty warm," the brunette explained, gesturing out of the window. "Since nobody really knows anyone in the class yet, I figured it'd be a good chance to make some friends, no? Even for those who would usually avoid social gatherings like they were the plague..."

The way she made a stern sideways glance towards Lucille, and spoke the last words with a very stiff upper lip, made it quite clear who Sakura had meant by that.

"I was actually trying to gather up some people for it, see if anyone had some skills they could use to make it better," Sakura continued. "So far Inacio promised that he could try to gather up a band to play some music, I'll handle cooking though Souma said he could grill something for us... oh, I think that's why he went out with you guys yesterday. And, well... Oh! Actually, does any of you have any skills that could be of use? Play any instruments?"

Clearly glad that the topic had moved back to more mundane paths, Sakura's hopefuly eyes jumped between Colt and Elaine, waiting for their answer. As for Lucille... well, it seemed that Sakura had more or less given up any hope that the blonde girl would come up with something to spice up the party.

The brunette had a surprisingly jaded side to her whenever she was around Lucille.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Thanks for saving my sorry hide with this here, Sakura. Talk about working fast, I swear I took my eyes off you for just a second, and you basically did all the work…”
    Hearing that, Sakura couldn't help the slightly smug smirk that rose to her face as she glanced back towards Colt.

"You're very welcome," she said, patting him on the shoulder. "But mostly it was just my own vanity. After all, you tried to take over from me when it came to cooking. I had to show you up somehow, no? Otherwise, my rank here in the kitchen would be in jeopardy!"

Having proclaimed that, Sakura giggled slightly.

And as for the third girl in the kitchen...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Do what you want.”
    Hearing that, the smile on Sakura's face widened even more. To the point of resembling a Cheshire Cat.

"Very good. Sometimes it's best to just accept that the inevitable will happen, no matter how you fight against it~" Sakura said with a slightly scary undertone to her voice. "And this is one of those times."

Then, putting her fingers to her chin as if an appraising artist, she scanned Lucille's face with great accuracy - like preparing for great task.

"What do you think, Winters?" Sakura asked, not taking her eyes of the other blonde. "Should we simply reset her to the factory settings, or upgrade her as a whole while we're at it?"

What was this sudden chill---?

Blog Entries
    John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “I am not a local, but one of the reasons I agreed to come here was because I heard rumors that she was in the area. If you have seen her, and you can tell me where I can find her, I would be forever grateful to you. But we should not let our bodies cool down, let’s get moving."
    "Ah, yeah, sure! Let's put pedal to the metal! Or, err, sneaker to the track?"

And with that, the duo resumed their jogging in the crisp morning air of Pacific Northwest. The wind had turned somewhat warmer as the morning had pleasantly rolled on, and now that it was rustling in the pine and the sycamore trees around the campus, it had become quite nice actually. The same could be said for the fact that the blanket of clouds up above was coming unraveled as minutes ticked by, meaning that sooner or later the blue sky should be showing itself. Maybe that was what made Ubon hum Mr. Blue Sky as they accelerated to a decent pace once more.

While they jogged, Ubon did as asked and explained to John where she had seen the girl from his notebook. She didn't have too many details to give, but as was usual for her, the cyanhead did her best to help out a friend in need - and even she seemed to realize that John was quite intent on knowing where this girl was.

As for the other stuff...

“As for your ‘teasing’, well, I can tell the difference between teasing and bullying. If you were a bully, I would not give you the time of day. As long as it remains playful teasing, I will play along as much as you like. If you want me to stammer and act shy, I can do that too.”
    Hearing that, Ubon puffed her cheeks in a rather childish form of pouting.

"Boo! If you're just faking it, that's no fun!" the girl proclaimed. "I don't wanna see some reactions you do for my sake, Johnnie, I wanna see you get shy or embarrassed for realsies! That's the best part of it - making others feel nice! It doesn't work if you're just acting, see. Y'know, like that bimbo Mercedes West or whatever."

The way Ubon spoke her name... it seemed like the girl didn't much care for the actress.

“By the way, if you saw the girl in my sketchbook, it means you checked the town yesterday, right? Anything else caught your interest?”
    That question made Ubon's ears perk up, and for a moment, it was actually her time to stammer as she searched for the right words.

"O-oh, yeah, uh... I, err, I was out on a little midnight walk. Needed to, uh... cool off a bit. B-because I was running! Yeah, running, that's it! I needed to cool off from running!" the girl exclaimed a bit too loudly. " But, erm, yeah, I was out and about, seeing what the town had to offer. Which turned out to be totes nothing! Just empty buildings and empty streets... though the sea was pretty nice! Though it's totally different from the ocean back at home. This one's all dark and cold, instead of cerulean and warm..."

A slight, warm, nostalgic smile played on Ubon's lips for a moment.

"--- Oh! Right, yeah, I did see this one interesting thing as I was walking past the gas station," Ubon suddenly said, snapping her fingers. "Did'cha know that I think Pyry has a secret brother or something? At first I thought it was him over there at the pub's door, talking to the owner and that made me almost choke. But then, after looking a bit closer, it wasn't actually him. Just almost as tall as him. And unlike him, he was all grim and serious-looking."

Ubon pursed her lips and frowned a bit.

"Do you think there are secret evil twins for realsies...? Cause that was totally a one."

Elaine Winters

A gentle smile crossed her face at the mention of the party, tinged with a little bit of bitter pain at the remembered interaction.

Oh well.

"Skills, huh? Well, like I said, I can definitely whip up some fireworks or something, given some bits and pieces to muck around with. And, well, I suppose I've got some skill with music, 'm not the best, but I'm pretty good with a guitar, pretty solid on keyboard too, though it's been a good bit since I've had the opportunity."

As she mused over her self-assessment, Elaine plucked up her ever-present foe, grunting a bit as she did so, then circled around closer to the seated, taller blonde, green eyes glinting in evaluation, a predatory gleam shining in them.

"Hmm, well, baseline'd be pretty easy ta do, little bit of concealer here and there, fixin up the hair and such. But I'm feeling a little fancy this morning, haven't had a solid bit of girl time in a good minute, so let's see..."

Her head tilted back and forth, frowning over her target, peering at her arms, her hands and her eyes.

"She looks like an active type, and she definitely keeps herself in shape, so probably don't want to completely doll her up, or it'll just get mussed in three shakes. Huh..."

Then a firm nod, "Probably go with some light bits around the face, clean her up, get those bangs out of the way and really open up that pretty face of hers, sweep it back into a good braid I guess, too. And no offense, Luce, but that bow takes about five years off of ya. The sidelocks can stay, though, do a good job of framing the main focus here."

She nodded more quickly, sharp emerald eyes picturing an image in her mind.

"Yes, yeah, yeah, we can do this, make a real star out of her."

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Now, now Ramia. Don’t tease the poor fellow too much, he might start letting off steam out of his ears next if you keep this up.“
    Ramia chuckled mischievously, but also lifted her hands up in a sign of giving up... for now.

"Aww, but it's fun watching him blush! All the guys here are so macho and serious, it's nice to have someone whose face is easy to read when it comes to emotions and stuff," the dusky-skinned girl mock-protested. "But alright... I was just ribbing you, Gabi. No need to be all self-conscious about it. I mean, I'm friends with tons of dudes and it was never anything to get embarrassed about. Though... I suppose they were more like squad mates than friends. I think there's some difference there..."

Rubbing her chin, Ramia fell silent for a moment, ruminating on the details and differences between those who served together in illegal PMC units, and those who called themselves friends in a high school setting. Gabi Bahkauv, on the other hand, had gotten his bout of blushing under control (for now), and while he couldn't exactly look either of the girls in the eyes just yet, he did shoot a grateful glance towards the raven-haired Estonian.

"... umm... thank you..." Gabi muttered, quiet as a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “What the hell is going on over there…”
    Ramia, who had been quiet for a while now, looked over towards the entrance of the cafeteria and cocked an eyebrow.

"You know... I've no idea either. Judging by how it's nothing but girls and one guy, I bet it's got the makings of a nasty bloodbath though," the husky-voiced girl commented. "I say we steer clear unless we wanna get some green-eyed monster after us, too."

Gabi tilted his head at these words, looking somewhat confused at what Ramia had just said.

"... green-eyed...?" the boy asked, sounding curious. "... like the green knight...?"

Ramia stared at the boy for a moment, not sure what to make of this random non-sequitur, before she was forced to simply awkwardly shake her head.

"It's... it's just a figure of speech, Gabi. Pay it no mind."

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Think there’s a time we can play together again? It would be kind of sad for this to be a one time kind of thing…”
    Inacio blinked at these words, looking quite surprised that Vier had suddenly suggested of making this something of a more regular thing. However, he didn't seem to be against it - far from it. Instead the Lusitanian smiled widely and nodded, taking a swig from his own can, enjoying the taste, before setting the soda down on the floor. Then he leaned against his knees and kept his eyes trained squarely at Vier.

"Mhm, that sounds quite lovely. As in, I wouldn't mind that one bit. I rarely have a chance to play with less experienced people anymore. For me, it's all about professionals, collaborations and making money which, while nice, is also rather exhausting... in many meanings of the words," Inacio admitted, shrugging and sighing. "So honestly, playing just for the sake of playing with someone who I can help at the same time is a blessing in disguise. Honestly, it's only the second day, but already Pinefall is giving me new opportunities I thought I'd never have."

Judging from how he phrased it, it sounded like Inacio had his own set of problems. It was easy enough to imagine that people on top of the artist world were all about appearances and greed, but judging by the tone of his voice, Inacio had more than likely some personal experience dealing with such people... and he certainly didn't seem to care much about them.

Perhaps that was why he looked so refreshed whenever he looked at Vier.

It wasn't just that he had taken a shower this morning, or that this place was fitting for him... it was the fact that he found Vier herself a new breeze of fresh air.

"Though, that does bring something to mind, something we could do later today even..."

Having said that, Inacio picked up his can of soda again, and smiled somewhat mischievously at the brunette.

"Say, Vier... have you ever wanted to play before an audience?"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

It was already getting rather uncomfortable with this many people cramped up in the doorway, especially with how things were right now - and it seemed that it could only get worse.

The appearance of Prushka, with her usual goofy attitude, and how she just slapped Pyry on the--- was almost enough to make a vein pop on my temple, and at this point I couldn’t even tell if I was just utterly annoyed, frustrated, or impatient.

Not to mention this idiot too, starting to get over his head because of all the girls flocking around him.

Why did things have to turn out like this?!

Should have just avoided the cafeteria.

For the moment, I gave up on pulling Pyry away, since with how big he was and how small I was I had to realize that I had no chance of moving him anywhere long as he didn’t want to.

Instead, I just ended up observing the rest while boiling with frustration - and very quickly I had to realize that Prushka seemed to remember as well, and that she was a damn awful liar...Though that’s not too surprising.

Still...did the same thing happen to them too then? Did they die as well? Were Vivi and Prushka together on sunday?

I guess it’s something to find out later.

Second - was this new girl Skye. And the fact that, after all, Cesarina did seem to remember her. But Pyry apparently not. Nor the rest of us here. Strange…

“Hmm…” I uttered as I watched the two of them with a puzzled expression, “I doubt someone like you would fail to make a...meaningful first impression. And my memory is something I’m quite proud of, so you must have been trying quite hard to stay hidden yesterday.”

So well that, you know, you weren’t even there.

Still...if this is maybe an alternate timeline, then...it could make sense?

Well, not like I could guess and properly understand what the hell exactly is going on just like that.

“But you’re damn right about that, I messed things up once, so not giving up this time.”

With that, I turned back to Pyry - who was apparently finally ready to go as well - and let out a sigh of relief.

“Yeah, let’s go, before the food gets completely cold.”

Back on track...Now I must follow it through to the end.

“See you guys later then,” I said as I waved at the rest of the group, “Until then, don’t make a scene, or at least not here in the middle of the door.”

Hisa Momoi

Guiding Pyry outside, I wasn’t exactly sure where exactly I wanted to go - admittedly, I wasn’t all that familiar with the sweet spots of the campus, so I just made a beeline towards one of the small hills further down towards the sports field.

Far enough from the school, and far enough from the sports field so that people can’t really listen in on us.

Reaching into my bag, I grabbed a towel, and laid it down on the ground, gesturing Pyry to sit on it as I sat down myself.

“So…” I started, but I wasn’t entirely sure yet how exactly this conversation was supposed to go, “Ah, first of all, just let me take care of something…”

I almost forgot - that even while there didn’t seem to be anyone closeby, there was never a guarantee that there wasn’t someone listening. And considering the things that we were probably going to discuss...it was probably better to be safe.

“Can I…” I said as I reached out towards the boy’s face again, but already touched it before he could even really respond, “Just to make sure that no one can hear us.”

And after a moment’s focus, it was already finished.

“Better. So, first of all...What do you think about the things Angelica said? That she claims to know everything? That she was talking about events that must have seemed absurd for you back then?”

My eyes were once again locked on the boy’s face, observing his expressions, and staring into his eyes.

“Do you really believe that she is just insane? That it all made no sense?”

Ability Revealed!
    Unbreakable Cipher
    Element: Soul

Through extensive memory manipulation, Hisa can switch up, or outright replace the meaning associated to different words or concepts in her target's brain. While the possibilities are seemingly limitless, to empower the effect, she focused on dedicating this ability to two specified purposes - creating complex, and for an outsider borderline impossible to solve ciphers, and utilizing this for "coded" conversations as well, to eliminate the possibility of unwelcome people listening in on her private conversations and gaining information about her.

When used, Hisa can select a number of targets -including herself - for a very specific memory manipulation that lets these targets utilize a different "language" or "code" of sorts for writing and conversing. This "code" only makes sense to them and only while the effect is in place. For anyone else who tries to listen or read this "code", it seems and sounds like complete gibberish, and since the method involves little logic or patterns, it is very difficult to solve.
    Last edited by Cheetose; April 21st, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

With a sigh, Lucille gives up. Or more appropriately, she is on the verge of giving up. If everyone is awfully excited at the task of wasting time and making her look nice then, she can’t really say no out of courtesy. Even so, she is afraid of the result, and if Lucille cannot recognize herself in the mirror, she will be none too pleased. Despite the fluctuations in her self-worth, Lucille Faraday was a girl who could not imagine being anyone but herself.

And honestly, she just hated garnering attention. This sounded like it would grab attention.

Sighing, she latches on to Sakura’s words, and immediately comes up with a plan to try and minimize the damage.

“…I’ll play keyboard,” she says, as if she has thrust herself into a solemn duty. Of course, Lucille has never touched a keyboard in her life, but she figures a classically-trained, very mediocre pianist can play a keyboard. Of course, she remembered the beach party from last time, and this was the exact opposite of not drawing attention, but if Lucille had to pick getting a makeover or playing in public, she’d gladly do the latter a million times over. She’s had the utmost practice doing the latter, at least. “Just have mercy, please.”

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa Momoi
    “Yeah. Yeah, I think everything is okay.”
    It was an awkward answer to an awkward question, but it was enough for Elise for now. She nodded.

Okay. Now I can stop worrying about Hisa and focus on worrying about everything else. Phew.

“Err...Elise, you know, I don’t think we had enough time to talk things through...yesterday, so...if you want to talk, you can find me in my room after classes. You too, Vivi. It would seem that the three of us have something in common, but for now, I wanted to have breakfast with Pyry. Get some much needed fresh air while at it.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne Bianchi
    "Yes... many things to talk about... "
    Elise nodded, "Yeah, yeah! I'll meet you there, Hisa! It'd be nice to finish that conversation. Looking forward to it!"

Part of her just wanted to pick up Hisa and go to one of the empty classrooms to have that conversation right now, but she managed to restrain herself. That would just make the scene even more of a scene, and the congested cafeteria doorway was already enough of a scene as it was.

She shot a glance at Vivienne, and considered the quiet girl, Something in common, eh?

“So, if you guys don’t mind...we’ll be on our way, and...see you later?”
    "See you later, Hisa!"

With her awkward farewell to her and Vivienne, Hisa attempted to extradite herself from the scrum, although the world seemed to conspire against her as Pyry tried to engage with everyone around him. His confusion clearly growing as so many people seemed to have familiarity with him and others that he himself did not recall.

Pyry doesn't remember anything for last week? Skye I could understand, she wasn't here for all that... but... Hm... He didn't remember Elizaveta either, did he? Could there be a link? Eh, I'll have to talk to John about that to be sure... just another one for the mystery pile for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry Leijonamieli
    "You know, I'm so lost as to what's going on..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina Feroce
    "Oh, you too? What a happy coincidence!"
    The two sighed together, seemingly utterly baffled by the events unfolding around them. Elise had to admit it was utterly adorable.

I'd hardly consider myself to be a matchmaker, but if the two of them did become a couple... that would certainly solve one problem... Or- or maybe make another worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Anyway, need any help? C'mon, people, let's clear some room! We got a wide load over here! He doesn't turn so good! Needs at least two lanes! Really, what's the big... idea..."
    Traffic Director Prushka joined the crowd and attempted to help the large semi-truck that was Pyry navigate through congested doorway.

Prushka... the one person who might've met Elizaveta on our first day here. Which I suppose is now our yesterday? John and I both meant to try and talk to her, but we never got the chance on account of Sunday... Which is rather embarrassing for me since she is my neighbour...

There was a look of recognition between Vivi and Prushka, and a feeling which felt too familiar to her hanging in the air between them.

Oh.

She thought back to that Sunday... the other other Sunday when she and Hisa and founded the badly wounded Pyry in the forest and tried to help him. Not the one where he transformed into the Mad Colossus and they ignored his pleas to run. She knew Prushka had been killed earlier that day... although Pyry hadn't shared much the details.

Vivienne was there too? I guess that explains why she was missing from the campus on Sunday morning... I'm so sorry.

Elise nodded, "Yeah, it's getting a bit too crowded here, isn't it? It's about time we got ourselves some food and found a table."

The glorious smell of breakfast wafted from the cafeteria. She spared one last glance at Pyry's platter as he finally managed to begin to make his way out of the cafeteria. She briefly considered snatching a piece of bacon from him as he passed, but decided against it. That would be too cruel.

Elise looked over to Skye and Cesarina. While there seemed to have been some initial confusion on Cesarina's part regarding Skye's identity, she seemed to successfully recalled her memories of their time together. With Cesarina's invitation, she wondered if Skye intended to drag her and Vivienne along, or leave them to their own devices.

She turned to Prushka, "Hey Prushka, right? I don't think we've had the chance to meet yet. I'm Elise! Nice to meet you!"

She glanced between Vivienne and Prushka and smiled, "Heh, I get to meet both my neighbours today!"

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Since when were there ranks in the kitchen? Maybe in a professional environment, but here? A strange thought to be sure. After all, with how paltry and basic his abilities were, there’s no way Colt would ever threaten her position as ruler of the kitchen. Though, she did admit it was just her own vanity, so perhaps best not to linger on it.

Definitely just a joke.

Slipping another croque madame under the broiler, Colt turned back to the others.

“Sakura, I’ll have you know I grew up near the world famous Music City.” He folded his arms smugly. “And the most I can do is read sheet music and hit drums very badly, with no sense of rhythm, and then tiring myself out and falling off the stool into a pool of my own sweat.”

Leaning his head back, he proudly declared his absolute confidence.

“If you don’t want a giant flop, you’re best off keeping me away from that stage.” Colt glanced at the sandwich in the oven. “Ooh, it’s done. Another order up.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

"Mhm, that sounds quite lovely. As in, I wouldn't mind that one bit. I rarely have a chance to play with less experienced people anymore. For me, it's all about professionals, collaborations and making money which, while nice, is also rather exhausting... in many meanings of the words. So honestly, playing just for the sake of playing with someone who I can help at the same time is a blessing in disguise. Honestly, it's only the second day, but already Pinefall is giving me new opportunities I thought I'd never have."
    “Maybe you should become a music teacher once you’re done being a professional?”

Admittedly from what I know about Inacio, he might be better suited as a music teacher than a professional musician as he is right now. It's not like he couldn't teach or was bad at it. If anything, he was probably a good "practical" teacher for people.

"Though, that does bring something to mind, something we could do later today even… Say, Vier... have you ever wanted to play before an audience?"
    Thankfully, my suggestion passed to Inacio smoothly. If he said no, I might have had to do a little bit of improvisation so that I could still take part in the band. It wouldn’t be too much for me to temporarily knock out Inacio, edit his memories to be what I know exactly, and then get back into the band. Then do some aftercare to prevent some unwanted issues. Aside from Od usage, there wouldn’t be any issues with that plan.

“Play in a band? I’ve always wanted to cross that off my bucketlist. Got any idea on the other members and the songs we can play?”

Of course, I know who the band members were. But something tells me that I’m going to come across Murphy’s Law more and more as time goes on in this loop.

Blog Entries

Hisa Momoi

"H-hey, wha... watch it!"

Pyry, who had just sat down and set his tray next to him, was caught completely unawares by Hisa suddenly deciding to touch his face once more. And just like before, he didn't even seem to notice that something had affected him, something supernatural - almost like he hadn't even felt it. Indeed, the same thing had transpired back in the empty classroom. And thinking about it, considering the boy was supposed to have quite potent regeneration and healing abilities... how could he suffer from hangover in the first place?

Was it placebo? Purely mental thing?

"S-sheez, you really are touchy-feely, pikkusisko, just like Ange was..." Pyry grumbled as he put his tray on his lap and stuck his fork into the pile of bacon on it. "... Neither with any sense of personal space, I swear..."

Still, it didn't seem like he actually minded it that much.

It was more as if he was simply slightly embarrassed, and tried to hide it with his non-existant pokerface.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Better. So, first of all...What do you think about the things Angelica said? That she claims to know everything? That she was talking about events that must have seemed absurd for you back then? Do you really believe that she is just insane? That it all made no sense?”
    Pyry, who had started working his way through the breakfast, stopped eating for a moment and stared Hisa right back, locking his eyes with hers as if trying to observe her in return - make some sense of her own expressions while she was talking, try to pick up clues regarding what the scarred girl was thinking about this whole thing.

"Hmm... insane? I wouldn't say insane. I'm not sure how well you got to know Ange, but she was... a bit special, I'd say. She often liked to talk about things that didn't completely make sense, or rather, didn't completely notmake sense, if you get what I mean? And then there was that teacher of hers... erhm, what was his name again...? Eh, I forget. Anyways, from what I've heard through hearsay, that guy's saved the world or something. Which means that Ange herself must have been taught some weird stuff too," Pyry started, rambling on about whatever came to his mind as he often did. "The thing is though, while I'd laugh it off if anyone else said that they knew everything, with Ange... honestly, I can almost believe that. She was that weird. Not to mention she was very different when we last met. Namely, she had... well, her leg and arms were much more mechanical than since I last saw her, which means that something did happen to her."

Then, suddenly, as if remembering something and realizing he had made a huge mistake, Pyry clamped his mouth shut and stared at Hisa bug-eyed. Sweat was rolling down his face, and the fork in his hand was shaking quite magnificently. It was almost as if he had pushed a big red button, and only by the time the countdown had begun did he realize something was off.

"E-err... speaking of which, pikkusisko, do you... uh, do you know..."

Pyry stammered awkwardly for a moment.

"H-how much do you know about the... odd... stuff that Ange and her mentor were up to...?" the blonde boy asked. "Like, were you a part of it, or did they k-keep it hidden from you, or..."

--- Somebody was rather slow at catching up, it seemed.

Lucille Faraday, Elaine Winters & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “If you don’t want a giant flop, you’re best off keeping me away from that stage. Ooh, it’s done. Another order up.”
    "Oh, perfect!"

Sakura, having said that, grabbed a plate and after some wrangling with the oven, plopped the sandwich in front of Lucille. When compared to the monstrosity that Elaine was eating (and she was barely half done with the thing) it certainly seemed more manageable... and even quite competently made. Even Sakura seemed to realize this, as the glance she gave to Colt had something akin to slight hint of respect in it. Perhaps it she simply acknowledged his skills as a fellow amateur cook, but on the other hand, it felt a bit more meaningful than that.

Almost like she had wanted to say: "Yeah, I could hire you."

"Now eat up, Lucille. You're going to need that since you'll be sitting in the make-up chair for a while afterwards~!" Sakura proclaimed with a sing-song voice that held no mercy, before looking towards Elaine. "Still, guitar, huh? That could work. As said, Inacio promised to handle part of it, but I'm sure he'd be happy to have someone accompanying him on the guitars."

The mischievous smile was back when Sakura next looked back towards Lucille, both to make sure she was eating, and to apparently announce with her mere eyes that there was no escape anymore.

"And having Lucille on the keyboard sounds wonderful, too! We'll have to doll you up properly for that of course!" the brunette continued, clasping her hands together sweetly. "Oh, my head's just bursting with ideas, and with help of Winters here, I'm sure we can come up with quite the look for you for today... ah, I'm sure that you'll be turning lots of heads in the classroom and at the beach today!"

A small giggle (or something akin to a dark chuckle) escaped from Sakura's lips.

"It's a good thing you have such good friends as us, right, Lucille? Since friends do stuff like this for free," Sakura said, eyes slightly narrowed. "It'd be a different thing if it was something like, say, an underpaid maid who'd have been paid to babysit a lonely rich girl and help her grow, yet whenever she tried to do that the rich girl would pull the 'I'm your employer' card... right~?"

Where was this sudden venom coming from...?

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Play in a band? I’ve always wanted to cross that off my bucketlist. Got any idea on the other members and the songs we can play?”
    Inacio nodded with a smile.

"Really? You'd agree, just like that? I was... maybe expecting a bit more hesitation considering what we just talked about, but if you're up for it, that certainly makes things easier. See, I don't know if you heard about it, but Sakura Tsukioka wanted to arrange a bit of a get-together later today at the beach, and I agreed to put together a band to play something there. Or rather, me and Pyry agreed to. Oh, right, Pyry Leijonamieli will be handling the vocals and harmonica," Inacio started explaining. "I know this is a bit sudden, and playing in front of pretty much strangers might be weird... but I think I can promise that it'll be fun. After all, we're supposed to be in this class for a whole year. What better way to get yourself known by others?"

Inacio gave Vier a look that seemed to try to sell her to the idea that the gig really was nothing to be worried about, and instead just a way to mingle with the class.

Though, perhaps he felt like he had done a well-enough job, because a small grin eventually appeared to his face as a result.

"Still, if you're in, it'd be much easier for us. We're still missing a drummer and a keyboardist, after all," Inacio said with a dry smirk. "Two missing members and the gig's on the same day. Though I'm quite sure we'll manage. As I said before, even if we make mistakes, we'll just have to improvise the best we can. Oh, speaking of which, Pyry wanted a song or two from this, and I think they're simple enough. Only I and him would have the hardest parts..."

Having said that, Inacio fished out a cassette tape from the pocket of his jacket and handed it over to Vier.

The words "Blues Traveler - Hook" had been scribbled on it, just as expected.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 21st, 2020 at 04:35 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

I blinked as utter confusion filled my mind after the boy’s question.

“...Eh?”

And for some long, long moments I couldn’t help but just stare at the boy in bewilderment.

“I...cured your hangover earlier and even now I made it so that you’re talking in cipher so that no one can overhear us.”

Did...did he really not notice? Anything at all? I was...quite sure that he was more aware than this…

“I thought it became obvious earlier and hence why you called me a weirdo.”

I tilted my head a little, all the while still staring at the boy.

“So, to answer your question...Yes, I more or less know what they were up to, even if they didn’t include me in all their magic secrets. I lived with them in the travelling house and helped out with some troublesome Fae and other similar problems.”

I tilted my head to the other side, but this time, I couldn’t resist having my lips curl into a small grin.

“I mean...you really think that someone involved with Angelica wouldn’t be knee deep in that stuff?”

In hindsight, it was probably a bit rude of me, especially now that I know that he wasn’t even aware of it. Should probably be more open about it, with him at least…

“Still...I’m sorry. I probably should have mentioned what I was doing, but...I thought you were aware of it. I’ll make sure to tell you next time if I’m doing something.”

“It’s...kind of an unfair, and painful situation, really. Hence why I wanted to have this talk. I know about you - and you...well, used to know me as well.”

I gestured at my body from top to bottom as I continued;

“Know me for exactly who I am, who you see right now. It’s not like I’m a spy, or had a different look.”

Ah…

I just ended up blurting this all out, way earlier than I wanted to, probably way too early…But there’s no going back now.

“Except that you forgot it all, and it breaks my heart. Hence why I need to tell you about all this.”