Page 117 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1767107112115116117118119122127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

"Got it. Cesarina. Liana. Cee. Skee."

I nod, and commit those names to memory. I must be off, though, because it's only as they are walking away that I realize what had been overlooked.

"Wait! Hold up! Time out! Pru? Pru!? No! That's forbidden! Absolutely not! You are nowhere near nickname basis! It's fully first names only and nothing else!"

I can't exactly rush after them, owing to my hand refusing to let go of Vivi's, but I can at least yell after them.

"Call me Prushka! PRUSHKA!!! P-R-U-S-H-K-A!"

But they aren't listening... instead, they're walking back to... uh, there? Wait, why that table?

"C'mon, really...?"

Sitting down at the suddenly crowded table (now two tables pushed together to accommodate everyone), I can feel my ears burning red.

"I said all that cool stuff while leaving, and now you're making me come back here early...? That's just not fair... and it totally ruins the flow of the scene..."

I can feel it! Subaru and Lockhart are laughing at me! They're definitely... eh?

No, they're not really paying attention to me. Rather, it seems like they're more interested in... Cesarina?

The green-haired girl seemed extremely happy and boisterous, and yet, now she's quiet and sullen. And Subaru's much the same. Where did that spark of shyness in her eyes go? What happened to Cesarina's merry cheer?

I blink, and look between them.

"... Miss Iburi. Good morning."

"...Yes, good morning, Miss Feroce."
    "..."

Wow. That's thick. So thick you could...

Slowly, my hand, which had been holding a bit too tightly onto Vivi's, is loosened, and drawn forth. Upraised, hardened into a blade, with which...

Hai-ya!

That same hand slices the heavy air between the two apart with a single karate chop and slams into the table.

Left. Right. Two pouts. That's no good, right?

Yeah, it's definitely no good. As a fellow height-deprived individual, it's my duty to interfere.

"Subaru. Cesarina... you two... know each other? 'Cus if you do, that makes three international reunions in five minutes."

Wise Up...?
    Perks:

Pinnacle of Martial Arts (False)

天の緊張を切る拳
    Heavenly Tension Slicing Fist
    An ancient technique passed down by Tibetan monks. Unfailingly severs cause and effect by forcibly separating them using purified Qi, effectively resetting the atmosphere of a scene to zero. As an ancient fist said to have been used by Buddha himself, it is also rumoured to be one of the twelve keys capable of unlocking the gates to Paradise for which hundreds have searched in vain. How Prushka came to inherit it is a mystery... more details to be discovered... because of course there are...
    Last edited by Bloble; April 22nd, 2020 at 01:10 AM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye
    Date: 07.09.1994

"Bionic student hmm? An appealing enough idea milady, but I'll wait a bit longer for the discovery of rocket arms-!"

The taller girl goes mysteriously deaf the moment a certain Prushka realizes she has made a mistake, yes, while she had been the one leading the way for most of the morning, it also seems perfectly natural for the taller girl to follow the lead of the shorter one...

Because it certainly was normal, to a degree-!

In some ways it's the removal of a weight, rather than spear-head the charge into every social situation, she is more free to simply observe the things going on around her with a teasing smile, and now...

Now-!

"... Miss Iburi. Good morning."

"...Yes, good morning, Miss Feroce."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    "Hello... I am Vivienne... Vivienne Bianchi... you are... Subaru and Alexstraza? こんにちは"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    "Hey! Alexstrasza, and, uhm, Subaru? Right? I'm Elise! Nice to meet you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pru
    "Subaru. Cesarina... you two... know each other? 'Cus if you do, that makes three international reunions in five minutes."
    Ah.

Yes.

It seems she'll have to do something after all, but what?

It's a question that doesn't seem to be thought about for too long, as before many can realize it, indeed, as others hold their ground or try in vain to destroy the atmosphere with their bare hands, the dark-haired woman keeps walking, grabbing a chair from a nearby table as she goes, before sliding into a -temporary- spot between Alexstrasza and Subaru-!

"Hiya Alex~ You forget me too? I'm Skye~ Cesarina calls me knightess, I assume you are the new friend she was talking about? If so, would you like to be mine as well?"

Because Liana Skye is not afraid to throw herself head first into tense situations, no, not at all-!

She thrives in this sort of environment, even when the air is awkward, no, especially when the air is awkward-!

That is when a far more brazen personality truly shines, as could perhaps be observed by her sudden turn to face Subaru, and-

"おはよう ございます"

-much like Vivi, an attempt at using a different tongue entirely-! Of course, it had been awhile since she had to use her Japanese, and Mom had always leaned a bit more towards English than anything else in spite of living in Japan, so-!

"Good morning Subaru!"

She repeats them with a smile in a language all should know, her cheer a bit more controlled now, refined to more of a general aura now that the surrounding crowd was smaller-!

Yes.

This girl is particularly brazen, the awkwardness of the situation can't be misconstrued, and yet she chooses to face it head on in order to shatter that awkwardness?

But of course.

A Knight does not flee any sort of opponent!

Still...

"I sense a bit of tension here though, that's no good, you should be happy when you see people you know again~"

When she speaks again, her voice is certainly a bit lower too, more controlled, as if not wanting to overwhelm the new small girl -or her adorable dog- that much-!

"After all, if neither of you can really make a proper glare at the other, then this tension is not needed right? You must be more friends than you are enemies... Or is this a rival thing, perhaps?"

With one eye closed in a bit of an extended wink, her gaze moves from lingering on Subaru to returning to Cesarina, and-!

"Classmates should be more friendly with each other, so if you need a mediator milady, simply say the word-! This battle is no different from our siege of Rome, everyone can be happy in the end!"

Although, to be more honest...

She was going to mediate anyway.

She had to, it was necessary, because...

Because...

Because...

She kept glancing at the dog, almost like... She wanted to pet it?

But was doing her best to restrain herself...

A saint-like patience, really.

"Also, Pru, please don't slam tables like that~ You might startle someone-!"

---Yes.

Particularly brazen, this young woman.
    Last edited by Airen; April 22nd, 2020 at 04:54 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“I…”

Hearing the noises, I opened my eyes to look at Pyry, and---

“Oh god…”

The momentary cheer that I was feeling as I was reminiscing about these memories passed.

Why was it there in the first place? How could I enjoy them...even just for a moment when I should have known that it was going to lead to this? How could I think that everything was going to be fine?

“P-Pyry, I’m...so sorry…”

A similar panic filled my heart as tears welled up in my eyes at the sight of the suffering boy.

I didn’t want to see him hurt, like that. I decided that I’ll do everything in my power to help him, that I’ll be by his side and not let the events of the “past” happen again, but…

Already, he is hurt, because of what I’ve done.

I reached out with my left hand again--

I had to ease his pain--

But my hand stopped mid-air, just a few inches away from the boy’s body.

I realized...I couldn’t do it. I can’t rely on my ability to solve everything. Even if I could calm his mind...That’s not real. It’s just covering up the problem instead of solving it, a solution I would maybe fine with in other situations, but...If a fake sense of calmness fills his mind, would it be real? Would this experience mean anything? Would I feel better by just fixing things in such a fake way? Would he accept that?

Still...what am I supposed to do then? If I’m just a stranger to him, someone he has no ties with, then...then it’s not really going to matter what I do, would it?

I lowered my arm, but only so that I could pull myself closer to Pyry, close enough that I could embrace him, wrap my hands around his body as I rested my head on his back.

“I’m so sorry... I should have known better,” I mumbled, but even with my voice so quiet that only Pyry could hear it, it was still shaking, failing to hide my own panic, “I should have known how horrifying it could be, and I still subjected you to it without any consideration, and I dared to be happy about it…”

I’m pretty selfish, aren’t I?

Because I need him...Because I thought that it was something he had to know...Because I didn’t want the same things to happen again...I never for a moment considered what he wanted, how it would affect him, and how, without knowing anything at all, he would have been perfectly fine just like that...without knowing anything about this at all. Safe from this madness. This burden should have been something that I carried in his stead too, instead of dragging him into it.

My tears started falling, slowly spotting his hoodie with small, wet patches.

“I couldn’t think of another way. I couldn’t pretend just not knowing. You mean the world to me, because in you I found something I never thought I could have. I couldn’t bear the thought of you not knowing. I couldn’t bare the thought of the same events repeating themselves…”

I realized that the link was still intact - and unconsciously, I’ve been channeling a subtle warmth, the warmth of my sympathy and love for him, into his body.

It didn’t feel right - even if it was just to convey my feelings to him, to better express myself, it wasn’t right.

Especially not when he wouldn’t be able to reciprocate these feelings, even if they were once part of him in that different timeline, there’s nothing of that left, and I’m really nothing more than just a stranger to him.

“I’m sorry. Even if those memories were of you...I can’t expect you to accept them, to have you be the same and live according to them. I can’t repair what’s not even there, nor can I replace it with what does not belong. I can’t force myself...or those events on you. No matter how important you are to me.”

Scared of the thought, scared of ruining things even more, I let go of Pyry, trying to give him the distance he deserves - but not for a moment be able to tear my eyes away from his form.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"You know... I've no idea either. Judging by how it's nothing but girls and one guy, I bet it's got the makings of a nasty bloodbath though."

"I say we steer clear unless we wanna get some green-eyed monster after us, too."
    “Aah, yeah.” A brief hint of disdain flickered in the voice of the Estonian girl. “I suppose Leijonamieli’s fan club is too much for him to handle. He was some sort of professional gym jockey… a wrestler, a gymnast, or something of the like, right?”

Her voice lowered to a mutter, more meant to herself and no-one else.

“… at least the Highlander is utterly clueless about the women he’s leading on.” Her eyes momentarily flickered over to Caleb and the entranced blue-haired girl who was sitting next to him. “The outcome may the same but at least there is no true intentionality there.”

In any case, it wasn’t something she had a say in or was particularly interested in for that matter. Now more than ever, her interest in any type of “romance” was dead in the water. Survival and figuring out what the hell was happening in this time-distorted town was the priority. She would leave all of the teenage drama to those who actually had the time and desire to partake in inanities like that.

"It's... it's just a figure of speech, Gabi. Pay it no mind."
    “Yeah, its nothing important anyway. Nothing you need to worry about” Anna looked at the dusky haired girl, for a moment, wry mirth flickering in her ruby eyes. “Doubly so, since the both of us know how to share, right?”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday, Elaine Winters & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "But don't sell yourself short, Sakura, with the right kind of setting, I bet you could dress yourself up so good... You'd knock 'em dead out there! Look out world, here comes Sakura, next Miss Universe right here."
    There was an odd sound.

Almost like something being frozen solid or turned into a pillar of salt.

And it seemed to come straight from Sakura Tsukioka.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Elaine’s right! You could really do with an older look… Something that reflects your actual maturity, you know?”
    A sound which was quickly followed by another, as if that pillar of ice or salt was shattered by the cruel and unjust sucker-punch of an ungrateful charge of a woman who had put her best years into raising her... yet was now met with a betrayl of the most horrible kind. An odd wheezing noise, almost like a deflating balloon, emerged from Sakura as she staggered for a moment, having forgotten all about her smugness from earlier. The brunette wavered, quivered and her hands sought support from the kitchen counter, as her legs were looking like they were about to give out at any moment. Pale in the face and eyes whited out from the shock, Sakura trembled, raised her hand to her chin, lifted her eyes towards Lucille...

And muttered something in her native tongue that nobody could really understand.

Though, perhaps luckily, there was someone in the room who was about to save Sakura from her horrified stupor.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Plain and unimportant? If that was the goal, I think you missed the mark, Sakura. It sounds like Lucille has already rejected any and all would-be ‘chaperones,’ but what about you? Or do I need to keep working on my stocks for that opportunity?”
    On the other hand, perhaps this savior should have known to leave well enough alone.

Because now Sakura was staring at Colt with the same kind of whited-out eyes, only this time... they were deadpan, and without any emotion that could be gleamed off of them. She had also stopped shaking in shock, instead having gone as rigid as the pine trees outside. Indeed, the body language of the brunette girl was, yet again, that of someone who had been sucker punched... but instead, this time the punch had left her without any ability to retort quickly. It was such a random thing out of nowhere that Sakura didn't even seem to have words to respond to it with.

The awkward silence grew longer.

And longer.

As Sakura's soulless stare bore through Colt, it grew even longer.

But just as it was staring to feel like the frying pan near Sakura's right hand was about to turn into a lethal weapon...

"--- You know what? Very well."

A sudden revival happened.

Sakura Tsukioka shook off her shock, gathered her bearings, heaved a deep sigh and inhaled as much air as she could muster. Then she straightened her back, patted her clothes a bit, and trained her eyes (now normal, thank gods) towards Colt. There wasn't even a hint of smile on Sakura's face, nor any sort of amusement. There was only a grim face of determination and a certain sense of 'when life hands you lemonades, choke it on them' mentality that was oozing from the girl. Which was why she took a step closer to Colt, slammed her hand on his shoulder, and nodded.

"If none of the fair ladies over here appreciate your kindness, then I shall be quite selfish for once and take you up on your offer. Four PM, sharp. Dress well and in bit sharper clothing than now, and don't forget to take swimming trunks with you. If I'm going to have a date at the party, I'll also want to go out swimming. You have a vehicle, right? That motorcycle? I expect you to pick me up on that. No flowers or chocolates or that sort of stuff is necessary. This is just a try-out, so you don't need to go all out - though I'm expecting you to behave yourself," Sakura spoke out like a drill-sergeant, her eyes practically demanding for Colt to commit this to memory. "I'm not exactly into younger guys (and there's the legalility to be considered), but I'm willing to give you a chance. Nothing special is needed. Just a nice night. If you do well, I'll invite you again. Is that understood?"

Then, without waiting for a response, Sakura turned her head to look over her shoulder at Lucille. There was an odd sense of coldness in that smile that she was giving off as she stared at the blonde girl... a coldness that promised nothing good.

"I suppose this satisfies all the parties, yes? Lucille can go play her keyboard alone, whereas I... well..." Sakura mocked like she was thinking about it for a moment. "Well, I guess I could call this me taking a..."

Her eyes narrowed dangerously.

"... Annual leave, effective immediately."

John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Thanks for sticking around, by the way. This is a nice change—doing this alongside another person, I mean.”
    Ubon giggled at that.

"You're thanking me for the weirdest things, Johnnie! But yeah, it really is nice to have someone to jog with. Back at home, it was usually just me and the beach, see - wake up in the morning, skedaddle to the sands, run a kilometer or two, and then head back for a shower and breakfast. That was the totes nice thing 'bout living outside the city proper. There wasn't any traffic or morning commuter or stuff like that to get in the way! Just a bunch of amazing scenery, the ocean, the sky and me!" Ubon excitedly explained. "That's the nice thing 'bout small towns. Though... honestly, Road's End feels kinda different, for realsies. Instead of everyone being close and everybody knowing everybody, instead of stuff being cutely rural, here it's... it's like the time has just stopped. You feel me? The whole town's kinda... odd. Just the feeling I get."

As they jogged, Ubon made vague gestures towards the town of Road's End, and the old, unkept asphalt road that led to that direction. Ironically enough it was the same road that John had "yesterday" driven along with Elaine Winters, only to end up in the tragic situation that had just been one of the many. Though with the current situation being as surreal as it was, all the signs must have been gone.

No massive trail of marble forest, because it never happened.

No crashed car, because it never happened.

No corpses of Elaine and Ramia, because it never happened.

--- And wasn't that a good thing?

Or was it a nightmare?

"Mm... makes me miss the atolls, it does," Ubon suddenly continued, wistfully watching the sky. "I mean, I'm supes excited since Sakura said something 'bout a beach party today, which means I can go swimming but... I dunno how same it'll be."

Then, as if wanting to dispel the creeping melancholic mood, Ubon shook her head like a dog and beamed a smile at John.

"A-anyways, hows 'bout you, Johnnie?" she asked out of nowhere. "You said you weren't a local after all so... where you're from? Your name sounds kinda English or American, so from one of those? Or are you one of those people whose parents gave them a international name 'cause they wanted you to become a star?"

A mischievous giggle slipped by the girl's lips.

Liana Skye, Elise Pelltier, Vivienne Bianchi, Prushka & Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Hmm... If you do know each other, then see! Things aren't so bad Cesarina! You have not even one, nor two, but three friends here! I must say, you're becoming quite the popular girl at Pinefall. I fear I may be left behind in the sweep of your youth. Ahhhh, but to be swept off one's feet... is that not something worth dreaming of?"
    Cesarina, try as she might, couldn't really muster up a good cold expression of annoyed distaste. The same, of course, went for Subaru. Indeed, the two of them looked more like they were pouting at each other, refusing to look each other in the eye, and generally being like two kids who had gotten into a fight over a toy few days ago... but it was still quite surprising them to immediately not get along. Well, it was surprising to those who had not seen it happen before. For Alexstrasza Lockhart this was more or less a repeat of something that had already happened.

"Yes, we have... met each other before," Cesarina said between her teeth, throwing a glare in Subaru's direction. "Two years ago, was it?"

"Indeed. Two years ago, during one of your excessively forceful business ventures," Subaru answered, sipping her tea with both hands and refusing to look at the heiress. "... Was it something about mining at our mountains? Or am I mistaking it for another form of sacrilege that you were peddling?"

Cesarina's nostrils flared up and she slammed her hands to the table.

"W-we were simply looking for new mineral deposits! All we had been told was that you were the owners of the mountain range, and thus we came to you with an offer!" The twin-tailed greenhead retorted. "How were we to know it was a sacred mountain or something like that!"

This time it was Subaru's turn to slam her hands on the table.

... Honestly, both had such little amount of strength in their arms, that so far it had just been two tiny bops against the wood.

"And then you proceeded to eat the food offerings from the shrine!" Subaru shot back, her mophair swaying angrily.

"I-I merely thought it was a lunch table set up for us, and I was starving! You can hardly blame me for---"

Suddenly, a hand cut through the airspace between the two arguing girls.

The two tiny girls stared, rather dumbfounded, at Prushka who had interrupted them so brazenly... and who had also gotten nothing more than a muted bop out of the table as she had struck it. And while the two rivals were still recovering from the shock of having someone just butt in without any warning, it seemed that at least one person was appreciative of what Prushka had done. A loud bark, one of surprising intelligence and what could almost sound like "Well done, Sister" echoed from the table at Subaru's side.

Tonkori, who else?

Smiling with her mouth open at Prushka.

"Y-yes, as said we are... acquainted," Cesarina answered, coughing slightly into her balled fist. "And yes, that would make this a rather miraculous day... though on the other hand, this one I knew of beforehand. Still, what I would like to know is why this woman is sitting at the same table as my good friend Zaza!"

Subaru, looking rather insulted, put her hand to her chest.

"The way I see it, I am quite able to sit wherever I please - especially since it was your 'friend' who sat into this table after me!" the tiny shrine maiden retorted. "So if you want to blame someone, blame her and not me! Though, I'd rather you would not blame anyone!"

Perhaps luckily, it was at this point that other greetings started pouring out, stopping the fight from exploding out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    Hey! Alexstrasza, and, uhm, Subaru? Right? I'm Elise! Nice to meet you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "Hello... I am Vivienne... Vivienne Bianchi... you are... Subaru and Alexstraza? こんにちは"
    Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "おはよう ございます - Good morning Subaru!"
    Looking rather surprised by all these people greeting those at the table, Subaru Iburi took a moment to calm herself from her bout with Cesarina. She coughed into her balled fist, patted some tiny wrinkles out of her clothes, put her hands on her lap and with closed eyes, humbly bowed to the general direction of Elise, Vivienne and Liana. Then, without missing a beat, she returned the greeting... though perhaps not in a way that most would have expected.

"Ah, 誠に申し訳ございません" Subaru started, her voice suddenly much more formal. "はじめまして。わたくしはすばると申します。どうぞ よろしく おねがいします。"

Honestly, when comparing to her way of behaving now and Cesarina's... it was like night and day.

Whereas one was still pouting and fuming, the other one had adopted perfect formality to greet the new guests at the table.

"I sense a bit of tension here though, that's no good, you should be happy when you see people you know again~ After all, if neither of you can really make a proper glare at the other, then this tension is not needed right? You must be more friends than you are enemies... Or is this a rival thing, perhaps? Classmates should be more friendly with each other, so if you need a mediator milady, simply say the word-! This battle is no different from our siege of Rome, everyone can be happy in the end!"
    Hearing that, however, even Subaru couldn't help but to grimace - just like Cesarina. Indeed, the faces the two of them were making were quite similar right now, almost like reflections of each other.

"N-no, Knightess, you misunderstand greatly here!" Cesarina protested. "Do not just go randomly asserting that some people are friends like that! As if this blockheaded priestess could have any friends! Indeed, her stuck-up ways are only good at driving those away who would seek to help her poor, ailing community!"

Subaru was now grinding her teeth, glaring plastic daggers at the twin-tailed heiress.

"Excuse me? At least I do not think that money can solve everything and waste it around like it was growing on trees!" she shot back, causing Cesarina to grow red in face, her cheeks ballooning.

"Well at least I am not a miser like some Hairy Head Constellation that tries to skip out on splitting the restaurant bill!!"

This was going nowhere.

This really was going nowhere.

Hisa Momoi

It took a while for the boy to calm down.

Minutes. Multiple minutes. Over ten in fact.

However, slowly his breathing calmed down, he stopped sweating like he was being chased by some sort of monster and even his eyes returned to their normal form. The expression on his face softened, then hardened, then grew into an unreadable one. No longer did his hands claw at the ground and no longer was he trying to curl up in a ball. Instead, he slowly lifted himself from the grass, turned himself around... and sat. He leaned his arms backwards, and using them as a support, ended up gazing at the sky above. The sky where the grey clouds were intermingling with the splotches of blue sky like two paints in a pool - crowned by sunlight that streaked through every now and then.

It was silent.

Silent until, after collecting his thoughts, Pyry spoke once again... with his voice sounding haggard.

"............ Honestly, if anything... that was terrifying."

That was the first thing he said.

"I mean... Jesus. I knew memories were powerful, but that... it's hard to even describe that. It's a whole another thing from just watching it happen, but feeling it. I..." Pyry fell silent for a moment, trying to find the right words. "... I've never felt such horrible sense of alienation. See myself doing something. Feeling something. Only to also realize at the same time that it wasn't me. It was like... for a moment I felt I wasn't controlling myself again - like someone else was making my body do all that stuff. And that's... a goddamn scary thought."

Sounding hoarse and like he needed a good drink, Pyry ran his fingers through his hair, trying to figure out how to continue from here. It wasn't an easy task - not after the mistake that had just been made, the emotional shock it had caused, and the aftermath of it. It was one thing to hear about you having lost your memories, but to then be shown them again... no, not just memories. Of what could be. Of what might happen. Almost like trying to set future to the stone and telling "You have no choice but to do this". The natural rebel in every human would awaken with that, only to feel pain thanks to the memories themselves.

"I'm... I'm not blaming you, pikkusisko. Honestly, just one look at your bawling face and... and I figure you had the best intensions in mind. It's just that... that guy you showed me? The one you had all those emotions about? That's not me. At least... that's not me yet. If that really happened, then that can be me but... I'm not that guy yet, understand?" Pyry said, finally looking at Hisa with a complex expression on his face. "Even if I, as you said, mean the world to you, well... I haven't done anything to deserve those kinds of feelings. I barely know you, pikkusisko, so having someone say stuff like that to me... well, it just feels wrong. Not because I don't like it, but because... I don't deserve it."

With determined eyes, Pyry moved to stare at the clouds above once more.

"I'm not the guy you cared so much about. I dunno if I can even be him since I now know that's what happened. The knowledge itself puts me in a weird, uncomfortable spot. So, yeah... I can't be him. I ain't him. And I sure as hell can't replace him," Pyry said, sounding final in what he was saying. "That's just how it is. Whoever he was, he was a different Pyry - not the one you see right now. And you gotta understand that, pikkusisko."

The way the blonde youth spoke was uncharacteristically cold and stern of him. But then, as if he had realized it himself, his expression softened a bit as he stole a quick glance towards Hisa. Then, clearly trying his best, an encouraging haunt of a smile broke to his lips.

"... But while I can't be that guy, I can't also be who I'm not. In other words, I can't be someone who abandons a person who's clearly in pain and in trouble. Meaning I can hardly just wash my hands of this whole business now that I've seen it, and seen how much you're suffering because of it," Pyry continued. "I can't be that guy, but I can be myself. And Pyry Leijonamieli would never ignore a crying girl. So, if you're fine with this guy, I don't mind helping you out. Whatever's going on, whatever it's got to do with Ange, whatever is happening in this town... I'll help you find those out if you want. And who knows, maybe I'll become deserving of those feelings of yours while I'm at it."

His smile turned into a bit of a grin.

"As the guy I currently am, and not as a replacement for someone else."

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Yeah, its nothing important anyway. Nothing you need to worry about. Doubly so, since the both of us know how to share, right?”
    Ramia chuckled in response.

"You got that right," the dusky-skinned girl said with a grin. "Besides, Gabi here has enough man in him for both of us, so we're in a good spot regarding that."

".... uuu...."

Becoming a blushing mess again, Gabi looked like he practically wanted to melt through his chair and disappear into the cracks of the cafeteria's floor. Ramia, seeing this reaction, was sent into another bout of howling laughter - though in no way meanspirited. It seemed like the former mercenary was rather taken with the effeminate boy, and enjoyed his shy responses to just about everything. Honestly, when thinking about it, their whole group was quite the collection of strangers, even by Pinefall standards. Anna was a chapter all to herself, but then there was Ramia, who was quite likely a former child soldier. Add Gabi to that, whose appearance and personality set him far apart from the rest of his classmates, and you got a rather strange trio.

But then again... their morning was going rather swimmingly, wasn't it? They were having a good time, eating breakfast, and despite the conundrum Anna found herself in... she had apparently been given another chance at it.

Things could be lot worse.

Case-in-point...

"Wait... what the heck is that one idiot doing?" Ramia suddenly said, looking rather flatly to a lone table in the corner. "First morning and he's already vandalizing school property...?"

Following Ramia's gaze, the reason for her question became quite clear quite quickly. There, sitting alone in one of the tables wearing a familiar-looking green jacket was Travis Gagnon. An the breakfast tray he had emptied into his gullet had been set to the side, and right now he was enjoying a cup of coffee... and what looked to be a rather criminal arts-and-crafts project. Namely, he was using what looked like a knife of some sort to carve shapes into the wooden table in front of him. Or, as Ramia put it, vandalizing the school property.

And the weirdest thing was, he wasn't even doing it with that thuggish grin on his face. He was actually looking a bit serious...

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    “Though... honestly, Road's End feels kinda different, for realsies. Instead of everyone being close and everybody knowing everybody, instead of stuff being cutely rural, here it's... it's like the time has just stopped. You feel me? The whole town's kinda... odd. Just the feeling I get.”
    “…I wish I could say otherwise, but…I think I get exactly what you mean,” John admits.

Of course, he knows far more than she does, because by now it is obvious Ubon did not travel back in time with him. He knows well what that person—that force?—did to the students of Pinefall. Or what it has not yet done to them. It has not happened, but it did happen. John Dove will not deny it. Rather, he cannot this time.

He cannot deny the murders of Cesarina Feroce and Alexstrasza Lockhart.

He cannot deny the corpse of the unknown child at the foot of those stairs.

He cannot deny the end of Colton Davin’s life, and the fact that he should have died alongside him.

He cannot deny Ramia Ramalsaqr’s cruel and desperate actions to claim his “artifact.”

He cannot deny Elaine Winters’ last valiant stand.

He cannot deny Mercedes West’s refusal to leave without him.

Everything he has believed since that night pushes him towards leaving those things behind. There is no worth in dwelling on the dead, and they are less than dead, less even than memories—they are tragedies that never happened. However, John Dove cannot let go. More precisely, he feels that letting those things behind would be an unforgivable mistake. Therefore, he
    creates
    looks for
    a justification. An acceptable reason not to let go.

John Dove needs to remember these things to solve the enigma of the Disembodied Man and make it past the next Sunday. That works.

“There are remote places everywhere, but this place is different. This place isn’t just isolated, it is…still. Just, still.”

Like a corpse. Like oblivion.

“It puts me on edge.”

This is not something he wants to talk about with Ubon. More precisely, she does not deserve this. Ubon Sĕeklêun should laugh and be merry. These kinds of topics fit Elise Marie better (what a rude man, John Dove).

“On a different note, I think that it is better to show gratitude when you do not need to, than withholding it when you should not. So I’ll thank you as many times as I please.”

“I mean, I'm supes excited since Sakura said something 'bout a beach party today, which means I can go swimming but... I dunno how same it'll be.”
    “A beach party…?” John effortlessly pretends he was not aware of it. “Well, I do like swimming a lot.”

More precisely, he just likes the ocean, not the act of swimming in it.

“And I’m sure there’re other people who will go for a dip. While I don’t know how long I can keep you amused, I’m sure others will be there to pick up my slack.”

“A-anyways, hows 'bout you, Johnnie? You said you weren't a local after all so... where you're from? Your name sounds kinda English or American, so from one of those? Or are you one of those people whose parents gave them a international name 'cause they wanted you to become a star?”
    John truly and factually snorts.

“Pfft!” He quickly brings a hand to his mouth and forces himself to still and relax his facial muscles. “That…that could very well be the case. I wouldn’t know, in all honesty. But, yes, I was born and raised in this country.”

Or so he has been told. He does not remember much of anything before that night, though. The faces of his parents are mostly unrecognizable blurs in his mind. Everything that might have been important before that night has been replaced with Her Overwhelming Beauty.

“I was told I was born in the East Coast, but I have lived all over the place. If you ever feel like making a tour of the country, I might make for an acceptable tour guide. This is my first time in such a remote town, however. It is a new experience for me.”

Considering their current circumstances, it would be a lie to say he likes it. On the other hand, he cannot deny the things he has learned because of it.

It allowed him to meet Her again, after all.

At the cost of two lives.

John squints, pushing the accusing thought to the furthest depths of his mind. He is well aware of that, and he is no coward. He will carry that burden for the rest of his days.

“I presume you attended school in your homeland,” he brings up, trying to divert the topic away from a life not worth talking about. “It must be a jarring change, coming all the way here. I had no idea this was an international school until I saw so many…distinctive people in the bus.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Was the cafeteria really this full on the first day? The only times I've really seen it this full was probably lunch time? However it was different today in the sense that everyone was crowded around one table. Did Aleen mention something like this happening originally? At best, I can remember her mentioning how she got stuff all over Colt and how they talked about girls… So who was around it…

Vivienne Bianchi, Cesarina Feroce, Alexandra Lockhart, Elise Pelltier, Prushka, and two unknowns. I don’t recall anyone having afro-like hair with a petite body like hers. Closer investigation revealed a dog on standby next to her. Could this be Subaru Iburi? But why is she different… Could she be aware of the time leap and is trying to make me doubt killing her? If that's the case, then I’ll have to keep an eye on her to see if it’s the same Subaru that I know. I'm not bloodthirsty enough to kill someone that WILL kill another person unless the events will repeat itself. Also… There’s someone new again…

Wait a second, last time we had a new student it was Wednesday. It was Xylia Pheme replacing Elizaveta Vyraj. This time we had this new person replacing who… If my hypothesis is correct, then I can’t leisurely just allow myself to go through loops endlessly if it cycles people out or this is just merely an alternate universe that is similar to, but is not my original universe. Regardless, the introduction of someone new will make planning even more difficult unless this new person does the same exact things as the person they replaced.

After these thoughts, I continued scanning the cafeteria looking for the person I was looking for… Ah there she is. Dangerously oblivious to the fact that Caleb was waving around his coffee somewhat dangerously. Regardless, I should grab some bacon, eggs, bread, and some cheese so I can make a haphazard breakfast sandwich.

“Morning Aleen... and Caleb right? Is it alright if I join you guys?”

I stood across from them and silently hoped that Aleen didn’t remember Sunday. How could I make it up to her for what I did and said on that day. If she did remember… I deserved whatever punishment she saw fit...

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"First morning and he's already vandalizing school property...?"
    Anna waved her hand, as if attempting to shoo away Ramia’s concerns, all the while an amused smirk half-formed flickered at the corner of her mouth.

“Come, Indiana. You were a soldier. No need act so shocked. You’ve seen plenty of buildings blown to shreds, I imagine.” Perhaps purely because of her nature, the raven-haired witch didn’t particularly care about the sanctity of material objects. “Besides, I’m sure the billionaire principal will lose a lot of sleep over a couple of vandalized kitchen tables.”

Travis Gagnon, huh…

The blue-haired thug who, according to her memories, ended up accompanying her into the hospital… and the realm of dreams beyond. And considering his injuries, it was unlikely that he outlived her by any significant margin. Well, that was if one completely discounted the presence of that shade that ended up being her reaper. A pang of irritation ran through as her mind went over the events of her final day. She would allow herself that much, at least.

Getting killed because, as usual, I couldn’t just leave things be…

The griping of a woman who, given the chance, would probably still try to do the same mistakes for a second time. Well this time, at least, she would bitch about it for every single second of that trip.

But that was a matter of the future, for now…. Ramia was seemingly still gazing at Travis with a flat, wholly unimpressed look on her face and it wasn’t as if Anna herself wasn’t somewhat interested on what the blue-haired punk was doing with such an uncharacteristically serious look on his face. He wasn’t a member of the turnside, or at least he hadn’t acted as such in her memories, but perhaps… Besides, she had more or less finished breakfast anyway, so…

“…sigh. Well, since you’re clearly quite bothered by it, why don’t I just go over there and tell him to knock it off, eh?”

Having said that, Anna calmly stood up from their desk and left the blonde and the white-haired ex-soldier briefly behind. It didn’t take long for her to reach the rowdy boy’s desk, and a couple of moments later, Anna was standing behind him. Half-tired exasperation was evident in her face, and her eyebrow was set in a way that might as well have screamed “Really?”.

“You know, I don’t particularly care myself, but I do have to wonder how sensible it is to pull out a knife and start carving out school property in the middle of a crowded cafeteria.”

“Don't people tend to usually carry out their defacing of public property in a way that doesn't leave twenty witnesses?”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "...leave..."

"leave"
    "leave"
    "leave"
    "leave"
    "leave"

“I’msosorryIjustwantedtostopbeingbulliedIwenttoofa rpleaseforgivemeIhavenobrain,” Lucille rattles off in an even more incomprehensible panicked state than her and Colt discussing their previous deaths. No, if there had to be a priority to things, getting Sakura to stop being mad at her was of the utmost importance. Lucille couldn’t live with herself if Sakura hated her. That was a state worse than death.

“I’mreallyreallysorryyouknowIloveyouverymuchyou’re mysisterandIwouldneverreallymeantohurtyouI’llevenc allyouonee-sanlikeyouwantedinfactI’lldoanythingtomakeupforthi ssopleasepleaseforgiveme!”

The heiress prostrates on the floor for forgiveness. Any pride or nobility this miserable girl had has been snatched away by her maid.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ---

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Date: 07.09.1994.

Phase:
    Morning Phase
    ---

Cesarina certainly knows a lot of people here; probably more then I do, if I'm being entirely honest with myself. I'm not the most sociable, or the most likable, or even the most interesting person at this school - I'm simply who I am.

A monster.

A mage.

A failure.

"Ahh, yes! Hello, Elise, I do believe we met ever so briefly, or perhaps it was in a dream? Ah, well, such things are hard to understand, sometimes," I said with a wave of my hand and a smile. "Perhaps it is merely a twist of fate that we have met so early, in comparison to the last time?"

I peered at the quiet girl with brown hair and large blue eyes for a moment, before nodding with a smile. It wasn't easy to speak to people, as I had often found the words that came to my lips to be deceitful in many ways, floating eerily without a care.

"I am Alexstrasza. You may refer to me however you like; my name has as many variants as wisps in the wind. May your art be pure and your pen moves swiftly!"

Overall, this is not the most ideal of scenarios. There are far too many moving parts, almost distastefully so. But; alas, I must move these parts into a place where we can move forward.

"Hmmm, it seems that every party here has their differences, no? Perhaps I have a suggestion for the two of you," The words come out of my mouth without me wanting them to. They're just in the air, floating freely when I hadn't planned for them to even appear. "What about a sort of challenge? A test of wills, as it were."

The 'Friend Game' is not the type of game for the two girls before me. It's cruel, it's callous, and it drives people apart, rather then pushing them together. It's important to me that Cesarina enjoys her idyllic school life, whether I am or am not involved. I can't put her into a position where she'll suffer because of my actions.

I raise a finger in the air.

"It's called Prăvălire. Have you heard of it?"

It's a game I was taught as a child. A game I won as a child. A game that destroyed my childhood. Of course, a simple twist on it makes it more palatable to all - much like a simple twist made all games more palatable to those twisted and unfortunate enough to grow up in hell.

"Think of it like a... game of chance. We will all stand," I say as I stand up, one hand on my hips and the other waving idly in the air. "And we will spin. The last person to fall down is the winner."

Fall, fall, fall.

Fall onto the spikes. Fall onto the flames. Fall onto the spiders.

Fall, fall, fall.

Where will it stop? Where will we go? Who is there? Who is here?

Fall, fall, fall.

"It is a bit childish, I suppose..." I murmur, tapping the side of my nose. "But I was never one to put away childish things simply because I am older then I once was. This sort of game... it's kind, isn't it?"

It's not a kind game at all, Alexstrasza. Why are you lying? To whom are you trying to deceive?

Prăvălire. A game invented by children in hell. A game where many stand up and spin, trying to force the others to fall down. Anything goes. If you can cast, you can be brought down, yes? If you can fly, you are higher then others, no? So drag everyone else down. Drag them down to your level. Force them into pits, cover their skin in needles, anything you must do to win. That is how you will move ahead at the table you so desperately desire to sit at. Limitations are for others, Alex. You are greater then they, stronger then they, so please, keep moving forward.

Kill them.

Kill them all, if you must.

You are the once-in-a-generation talent, are you not? So why are they still alive? Why do they still breath, Alexstrasza? Why do they still move, Alexstrasza?

It's a nostalgic sort of game for me, a memory within a memory. To be a 'hero' is outside of the scope of what I can do. But to be villainous... is that not what is best for me? I've had so many excellent tutors in it, after all.

"So, what does everyone think?" I say, tilting my head. "Do you wish to fall down beside me?"
    Last edited by Frantic Author; April 22nd, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

As the tears finally stopped, I fished for a tissue in my bag so that I could clean my face.

“What are you going on about, you idiot?” I asked with a hint of frustration and confusion in my voice, “ ‘I’m not that guy’, ‘I cannot be him’, ‘I cannot replace’ him’...What are you even saying?”

I thought I was bad at understanding people and their emotions…

But I almost forgot that Pyry was just as self doubting, and how little he thought of himself, how he considered himself a monster, and how he’d never believe that someone could like him.

“It’s not like those events made you who you are, nor are the reason for why I feel what I feel towards you.”

Unable to resist, I reached out with my hand towards the boy’s face again, caressing it gently - this time, with no purpose of doing anything more than that.

“They merely helped me to get to know the person who is right in front of me right now, and that cannot change. You’re the same Pyry, with the same personality. The same Pyry who claims to be a monster and thinks so little of himself because of the...things in his body, and the purpose others gave him. The same Pyry who is afraid of his purpose, of having to protect anyone in need, because he does not know if he can protect those most important to him when it matters. You’re still the same, and...Just this morning...the way you talked and behaved, it was more than enough to confirm that. So stop with that crap, because you can’t get rid of my feelings so easily.”

Pulling my hand back, I pushed myself into a sitting position and, realizing how I still haven’t had a single bite, started nibbling on a piece of toast.

“If something...I should be worried, and say the same. I certainly cannot replace the girl in your heart who never had a spot there in the first place, and with what you know now, and how the events that made you get to know me will likely never happen now…”

I gazed towards the forest far in the distance again, staring quietly just for a moment while enjoying the fresh and chill caress of the wind on my face;

And let out a deep sigh, one filled with worries and uncertainty.

“How can I expect you to even like me?”

Indeed...he doesn’t know me, so he has no reasons to have any feelings towards me. The fact that he is aware of the “future”, however, makes things even more awkward, probably puts weird expectations on his shoulders...Not to mention how those events are probably really not going to happen now. How can I be the girl that caught his eye then? What’s my guarantee?

Eh…

I can’t be worrying about this constantly. Nor can I be constantly depressed about it.

“Especially when you seem to have a preference for girls with huge assets, “I added finally, with a - not entirely honest - grin on my face, “Can’t really compete in that asspect.”
    Last edited by Cheetose; April 22nd, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"I see, I see, so it's like that, huh? I get it now."

Actually, I don't understand at all.

Are they enemies? Or are they friends? It doesn't make sense. Enemies wouldn't argue over who pays the bill. Or hang out enough times to have accumulated so many stories between each other. Seems sorta like...

"Ah!"

My balled up hand strikes my open fist.

"So that's it!"

They're just like Hisa and I! Even if we want to like each other, our ways of doing things are just too different! And all these other things keep getting in the way! Especially since it looks like Subaru and Cesarina are being forced apart by some sort of other circumstances... business ventures, ailing communities, cultural misunderstandings... all of that stuff that doesn't really matter.

"If you two are actually best buddies that didn't get to say goodbye properly last time, you should've just said so! Today's tearful reunion day, anyway!"

Now that the problem is solved, I can give Tonkori a wink and a nod and sit back knowing it's all in a good day's work.

"Really, though, what's all this counting up of friendships? That's not how it works at all. Look, if you just trace out the lines... Subaru's friends with me and Cesarina, I'm friends with Vivi and Strasza, Zaza's friends with Cesarina, Cesarina's friends with Liana and Subaru... see, everyone's connected. Except Elise, but she can go right in the middle since she's our next-door neighbour."

There we go. Now everyone can smile and get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Liana Skye
    "Sorry, didn't quite catch that. Was that addressed to a Prushka? Mind repeating it, Liana?"

Yes. Smile and get along!

"And I'll have to pass on the whole 'falling down' thing, Strasza. After all, that game you're talking about... it's a game of trust and friendship, isn't it? A game where everyone falls down eventually and gets caught by the others. But the person who falls first won't have anyone to catch them, right? It's fine for the rest, since they can trust their friends to save them, but unless that person's wearing a helmet, they might get bonked, y'know? And I've only got the one. Not enough to go around."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"--- You know what?”

Colt exhaled with a solemn expression. It was time to once again sink rather than swim. After all, it always seemed to go that way. But that was okay. He was just trying to redirect the trouble brewing in the atmosphere toward himself. It was time to be sacrificed for the greater good. At least after this, he could consider himself a step closer to even with Lucille.

“Very well."

The boy’s eyes widened. A part of him almost uttered a ‘wait, what?’ on reflex, but he kept it in check. Somehow, he felt like doing that would be the death of him. Judging from the way Sakura looked at him, with a foreboding determination that lacked any enjoyment of the moment, that premonition was likely correct.

"If none of the fair ladies over here appreciate your kindness, then I shall be quite selfish for once and take you up on your offer. Four PM, sharp. Dress well and in bit sharper clothing than now, and don't forget to take swimming trunks with you. If I'm going to have a date at the party, I'll also want to go out swimming.”

Colt straightened his back and nodded. Suddenly he felt more like a soldier receiving orders, rather than a guy asking a girl on a date.

Four PM, sharp. Easily done, it wasn’t like he had anything to distract him from that. Dress well. Not a problem, he had some finer threads in the closet, but... Bring the trunks. Was he expected to change? Just toss his shirt somewhere on the beach? A guy’s swimsuit isn’t as convenient as a girl’s, it’s not easy to wear those under regular clothes!

But he kept that protest to himself.

“You have a vehicle, right? That motorcycle? I expect you to pick me up on that. No flowers or chocolates or that sort of stuff is necessary. This is just a try-out, so you don't need to go all out - though I'm expecting you to behave yourself.”

He took a minute to think about it. Was the Junkbeast really date-ride material? Not really. Then again, maybe she had already seen it and wouldn’t have high expectations. Or not. He’d better go give it a polish or something. Just be sure to set some sort of alarm and not get caught prettying his ride up past four.

No flowers, no chocolates or anything of the sort. Easily done! He didn’t know where to even get those in Road’s End anyway, and besides, it would come off corny, given the atmosphere at the beach party last time. Not that Sakura would know that.

Behave.

What was that supposed to mean? Colt Davin is always well behaved.

… But he kept that protest to himself as well.

“I'm not exactly into younger guys (and there's the legalility to be considered), but I'm willing to give you a chance. Nothing special is needed. Just a nice night. If you do well, I'll invite you again. Is that understood?"

Younger guys? Was she really worried over such a small gap? Colt thought about asking, but decided not to. Sakura really hadn’t left room for questions. Only for agreement.

“Pick you up at four sharp. Dress well and bring trunks. Don’t go overboard, drive safe.” Colt repeated the orders back in a tone of total deference. “Make sure you have a nice night, and as always, be a gentleman. I can do all of those. Consider it all done.”

"I suppose this satisfies all the parties, yes? Lucille can go play her keyboard alone, whereas I... well... Well, I guess I could call this me taking a..."

At that moment, Colt felt a shift in the danger level. No, it would be more accurate to say he saw the change. Right in Sakura’s eyes.

But it wasn’t just reflected in the Japanese girl’s eyes that he saw it, but in Lucille’s entire being. Because he could swear that she went paler than a ghost. All of the color drained from her form, as if she were no more than a black and white sketch of sudden sadness and regret.

“I’msosorryIjustwantedtostopbeingbulliedIwent toofa rpleaseforgivemeIhavenobrainI’mreallyreallysorryyo uknowIloveyouverymuchyou’re mysisterandIwouldneverreallymeantohurtyouI’llevenc allyouonee-sanlikeyouwantedinfactI’lldoanythingtomakeupforthi ssopleasepleaseforgiveme!”

Everything took a turn for unexpected and uncomfortable when Lucille dropped to the floor to prostrate.

Colt took a step back and his bewildered eyes shot between Sakura and the girl profusely apologizing to her. Was this… the outcome the Japanese girl had expected with those words? If so…

“I think…” Hesitating to involve himself in the spat between girls as close as sisters, Colt swallowed down the part of his nerves that said ‘stay out of it.’ “Well, I think this has gone a bit further than some teasing really should have gone, so… Lucille might have hit a bit harder than she should have, but could you forgive her anyway, Sakura?”

He scratched the back of his head.

“I mean, well…” His voice trailed off. “Bless her heart, she looks like she’s about to cry.”

Blog Entries
    John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “I presume you attended school in your homeland. It must be a jarring change, coming all the way here. I had no idea this was an international school until I saw so many…distinctive people in the bus.”
    "I know, right!"

Ubon exclaimed this in the middle of her jog, turning her steps into a momentary hop-skip-and-jump, beaming her usual excitement.

"We've got lots of super interesting people! One super tiny, one super tall, one who's all Female Rambo and one who's building all these cool robot toys! And then, and then, err... who else we got...? Oh! Did'cha know that Inacio's apparently some sorta world-famous musician? Or that Caleb's had his work displayed in Luuveree?" Ubon asked, butchering the name of the famous art gallery quite magnificently. "So many guys and gals from so many backgrounds! Heck, we've even got one from the Imperial House and two movie stars! It's like a treasure trove of totes interesting backgrounds!"

Giggling to herself, Ubon did few more dance-like steps in the midst of her jog, which eventually turned into a bout of hopscotch, and then bag into a jog again where she lifted her knee as high up as did... though those did start looking more like martial arts moves than actual running. Nevertheless, her boundless enegy was quite vigorating to see under the rising sun, so it wasn't all that bad.

Though, then, a momentary shadow passed on Ubon's face.

"But I guess we all gots here for some sad reason... I mean, even today, when I got up, I heard this odd sound behind the out building and went to have a look..." Ubon started, pursing her lips sadly. "... And I guess I kinda intruded cause I saw Xylia... y'know, one of those smaller girls... bawling her eyes out while hiding in the corner. I tried to go and comfort her but, ah..."

Flushing a bit red on her cheeks, Ubon scratched the back of her head.

"... She started throwing rocks at me, so I kinda ran."

--- Well, honestly that was pretty much expected when it came to Xylia Pheme.

"B-but yeah, I guess this is a pretty big chance, huh? I mean, it's not like I really attended school back at home..." Ubon said, making a complex face that was both happy and... kinda melancholic. "... It's kinda hard to explain. I lived on this island with not a lot going on except for the port city, so most of the time I just hung out with friends and did stupid stuff, but, ah... then things got complicated and I ended up here."

She giggled again, though this time it was a bit forced, and stuck her tongue out.

"--- Honestly pretty boring stuff to talk about morning run. Maybe some other time, eh Johnnie?"

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Morning Aleen... and Caleb right? Is it alright if I join you guys?”
    "G-gwah!"

The sound that Aleen made after being more or less ambushed out of her dreamy state thanks to Vier's arrival was more or less expected... yet still somewhat hilarious. The bluehead flailed around for a moment, nearly falling off her chair, before finally settling down and managing to right herself against the table. Then, with a slighty annoyed glare, she took a look at Vier.

"W-what the heck, Vier? You shoulda warned me or something! Are you trying to get me killed?" Aleen asked, pouting. "Jesus, I was 'bout to totes have a heart-attack..."

Caleb, on the other hand, smirked at this exchange, but then gestured Vier to grab a chair for herself.

"Well. It's fine with me. Sit down as you like," the rose-haired artist said. "You're... Vier Wolff, right? As you aid, I'm Caleb. Guess we'll be classmates from now on too."

That stuffy, stop-and-go style of speech he had... it was clearly pronounced and rather well articulated, meaning that it was quite clearly a faked accent or something similar. Perhaps the boy with the beanie didn't want his real way of talking slipping through.

"Anyways. I was just regaling Aleen here with a tale," Caleb said, nodding towards the bluehead. "Took the liberty to check out this place. Before we arrived, that is. Read a bit about it. Turns out there was once a booming logging industry here. Hard to imagine, right? One owned by, what was it... McLampet family?"

Aleen, who had still been glaring at Vier as if she was a cat approached by a dog suddenly froze with an awkward smile on her face, turning towards Caleb like a rusted clockwork.

"Wait... that's what you were talking 'bout?" the bluehead asked somewhat wheezily.

Caleb, on the other hand, cocked an eyebrow curiously.

"Yes...?`Weren't you listening?"

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “You know, I don’t particularly care myself, but I do have to wonder how sensible it is to pull out a knife and start carving out school property in the middle of a crowded cafeteria. Don't people tend to usually carry out their defacing of public property in a way that doesn't leave twenty witnesses?”
    "Huuuuh?"

Without missing a beat, Travis turned around on his chair, shooting a confrontational glare right back at Anna and refusing to budge an inch under her stare. It was like he had just been waiting for someone to come and challenge him for what he was doing, and now that somebody had, he was getting started on unloading all the retorts her had prepared. His mouth was turned into a sneer and his vulgar eyes were narrowed at the black-haired girl... in a manner that was almost like one of a whole other person when compared to the pained relief he had had when he had taken that hit for Anna in the past... or future.

"The hell's it got to do with you, Scarecrow? At least it's not bothering others like going around looking like you're smelling shit all the time," Travis said and cackled. "Especially since we're supposed to be in a nuthouse right now. So who cares? If that shitty Principal didn't prepare for this sorta stuff, he really undersold just how insane some of these whackjobs are."

Well, this was par for the course.

Loud, rude, totally unashamed of his foul language and his actions... this was Travis Gagnon alright. Far cry from the guy he had been when the little girl's life had been in danger.

Though... maybe not?

Looking at what he had been carving into the table itself, it might have looked just like random scribbles or gang signs or something like that... but at the same time, they also somewhat resembled trajectories, lines, numbers and... something. Almost like something scientific carved in the wood where it wouldn't be easily removed. And a whole lot of it. Did he just not have paper, or what on earth was he actually doing?

"Anyways, if you came looking for a fight, then bring it. The morning's almost over, and if I'm to verbally assault you, I'd rather get it over with fast, bitch-face. I've got actual things to finish before classes after all, hah. Unlike some," Travis continued, before suddenly snickering and cocking an eyebrow. "Or what? We're you feeling all lonesome in that table with the war-criminal and boy wonder, and decided to come looking for better company? Hah! That's rich!"

That vulgar laugh resonated for a moment in the cafeteria... but even as it did, Anna could notice something about Travis. No matter how harsh and mean-spirited his words were, his eyes... they were playing a whole other game. Almost like they were studying Anna in a clinical manner, far-removed from how the boy was talking.

Almost brought to mind how he handled that computer, or looked for medicine.

Just what sort of intelligence was there actually underneath all of his thuggish behavior?

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Especially when you seem to have a preference for girls with huge assets. Can’t really compete in that asspect.”
    SNORT!

Pyry, who had been seriously listening, intently watching and clearly taking all of Hisa's words to the heart... practically fell over and let out a magnificent sound as he faceplanted into the grass. Then, grumbling something in his native tongue against the dirt, he was back up again soon, looking both amused and annoyed, to the point he didn't even know what he was supposed to be feeling.

"Oh come on! You had it going so well until you started bringing... w-well, bringing up that stuff! Seriously! It's just a low-blow when you bring up up my posters and the like! Especially since I don't remember ever showing you them! Gaah... you guys are honestly like couple of peas in a pod! It's like you're a Mini-Ange right in front of me - and just as cruel!" Pyry exclaimed, mocking both being offended and angry... though without completely being able to, as he soon broke into a grin. "Hah... hahaha... g-goddammit, ahahahahahaa! W-what the hell, pikkusisko, I thought we were supposed to be all serious now!"

Breaking down into chuckles, Pyry once again moved back to his spot on the towel, closer to Hisa and picked up his tray. Their breakfast had certainly gotten late, and if they didn't finish it soon, the bells would ring and then they would have to go to the classes with empty stomachs. And as important as all of this was, being forced on lectures with empty stomachs wasn't really a fate anyone wanted to suffer.

But as he stuffed his face, Pyry also continued talking.

"A-anyways, you got me a bit wrong there, pikkusisko. I mean, of course we are the same guy in that sense, but at the same time, I've yet to experience all the stuff you guys did. So if you're gonna think of me as 'just' him, it's gonna be painful for both of us. You said you experienced a whole week with me, right? Meaning there was plenty of time to get to know each other," he said, waving his fork around a bit. "I mean... sounds like I even told you about stuff like the Sampo in me. Which would mean I trusted you a hell of a lot. If you can make me trust you that much in just a week, I've no doubt you can do it again. Especially since you got, uh, more 'experience' in how I operate, no? And all I gotta do is get to know you more while I help you."

Nodding to himself, Pyry gazed down at the Pinefall field, and the track where the two of them could a couple of students jogging and having an animated discussion of their own. While the other one was somewhat hard to make out, nobody could have mistaken that wildly bobbing cyan mop of hair.

Chuckling to himself, Pyry continued.

"If I started liking you once, I'm sure it'll happen naturally again. Just... let's try not to force it, alright? That's just bound to end in a disaster. I mean sure, I might have some posters on my wall, but it's not like I go after women based on their looks. Don't take me for that shallow of a guy," Pyry said while sounding confident... though the way he was playing with his hair a bit hinted at the truth. "And... y'know, if that happens again, then what's the problem? If I grow into it naturally, it's not like it'll feel weird? And while I get to know you, I can help you out with finding out what the hell's going on here and why you experienced this week already, and why I didn't. All we gotta do is go at it naturally, without putting some weird pressure on either of us."

Turning to Hisa, he flashed that grin again, and offered his fist for a bump to her.

"So... what d'ya say? Start as friends and allies solving a mystery, and see where we get from ther?"

Elaine Winters

Um.

Ah?

Hm.

Well, this has certainly turned into a, uh, a situation, hasn't it?

Sheesh, try and make one complement about a lady's appearance to make herself feel good and happy, and all of a sudden things are just exploding everywhere because some people make dumbass comments.

I set the sandwich down fully, sighing, then rubbed at my face, smacking my cheeks a bit.

Okay, girlfriend, time to flex those muscles.

I got off of my seat, crouching next to the flailing puddle of misery, hesitantly, gingerly patting it.

"So, as you can see, Sakura," I gestured to the prostrate, pathetic heap of woe on the floor, "You've taken control and up-risen, seizing the means of production and now the bougeois is completely at your mercy. Already, concessions are being given so that you may return to work as normal, the power is within your hands."

Hehe, more like re-production, I thought, giving Colt a thumbs-up.

God, that's filthy.

Socialist thought and terrible sexual puns aside, I press on, "But it's clear to see that this person, Lucille, deeply treasures you, poor attempts at banter aside, she seems a person with their heart on their sleeve. So, that being said, I'd like to implore you to help me make her feel a bit better. Because, honestly..."

I looked off into the distance nonchalantly, "This just means she'll need even more work done on her, won't it? I'll be happy to do it myself, of course, but I'm sure you have some feelings to work out, no?"

Through a worker's strike, you may affect greater change, but this opening, this power you now hold in your hands, Sakura...

Will the worker become the super?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

"N-no, Knightess, you misunderstand greatly here!" Cesarina protested. "Do not just go randomly asserting that some people are friends like that! As if this blockheaded priestess could have any friends! Indeed, her stuck-up ways are only good at driving those away who would seek to help her poor, ailing community!"

Subaru was now grinding her teeth, glaring plastic daggers at the twin-tailed heiress.

"Excuse me? At least I do not think that money can solve everything and waste it around like it was growing on trees!"

"Well at least I am not a miser like some Hairy Head Constellation that tries to skip out on splitting the restaurant bill!!"
    ---A light sigh, just a small one.

"I see. A difference in respective cultures then."

However, that does not make her earlier statements any less true, indeed, from the sound of the argument, it could perhaps be said that the two before her were just as similar as they were different, however, naturally, they are unable to see that for themselves...

"That is no reason to toss around insults however," letting some of her energy fade, energy that now goes towards making her words more clear, the dark-haired woman tilts her head ever so slightly to the side as she regards them both, a more mundane smile on her face, "It sounds like a simple act of miscommunication from what I'm understanding... Both of you have some heavy family responsibility, no? That means you have at least one thing in common in spite of your differences, and that can be an easy path towards friendship if you want it to be, right? Right now we're away from the outside world and all it's pressures-!"

Yes...

Where she had been overly energetic before, it seems that the escalating argument has dragged something more 'serious' out of Skye...

Of course, meddling too deeply without the full context is dangerous in it's own way, and others have things to say as well, thus, she keeps her own comments mostly to a minimum, so as to not add to this particular table of chaos, still...

"Then, once you are friends and better know each other, understandings will come on their own! Subaru seems like a good girl, and you're you milady, friendship should be a simple task for you both! I'll cheer for you both louder than anyone else if you succeed, okay?"

The more energetic smile returns soon enough, after all, it can be difficult to resist the urge to tease-!

Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pru
    "Sorry, didn't quite catch that. Was that addressed to a Prushka? Mind repeating it, Liana?"
    "My my... Very well Pru, I will not call you Pru aloud from now on, I'll just think it to myself~"

She can't help it.

Really.

It's probably a bad idea, but the pride of an older sister does not allow her to fall back completely on this, and-

"As for my previous statement, slamming tables is rude. However, your slam was also somewhat lacking in retrospect... Have you ever been interested in the martial arts? I could teach you a thing or two perhaps?"

-yes, a mix of teasing and guidance...

It was just in her nature it seems, as for the Prăvălire...

"Spin until you fall down huh... That sounds kinda dangerous..."

She starts...

Muttering to herself?

"I mean it's not a bad idea I guess, but doing it in the cafeteria in front of everyone? Is that cool...? No wait, why am I worrying about that to begin with, it's a bonding thing right, who cares what it looks like-?"

Huh.

An interesting reaction perhaps?

Either way...

"And I'll have to pass on the whole 'falling down' thing, Strasza. After all, that game you're talking about... it's a game of trust and friendship, isn't it? A game where everyone falls down eventually and gets caught by the others. But the person who falls first won't have anyone to catch them, right? It's fine for the rest, since they can trust their friends to save them, but unless that person's wearing a helmet, they might get bonked, y'know? And I've only got the one. Not enough to go around."

"If that's the case, then it's fine if I simply catch everyone right? I'm worried about people's heads hitting the floor anyway, so if you guys want to spin until you fall, I'll definitely catch all of you~"

She seems to have come to some sort of conclusion regardless...
    Last edited by Airen; April 24th, 2020 at 06:48 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "It's a remarkably small world we live in. Road's End and Pinefall smaller still..." muttered Elise.

While perplexing, Elise found herself feeling somewhat comforted by the change in Subaru's appearance. Their last exchange by the tree had been rather tense and the less she was reminded about that the better she felt. Besides, her puppy was still adorable.

You know what? I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth here. I don't know what's going on with Subaru, but whatever it is, I'm glad for it.

This table was definitely better than the lunar option, Besides? Who'd want to eat there? It's got no atmosphere!

"Really, though, what's all this counting up of friendships? That's not how it works at all. Look, if you just trace out the lines... Subaru's friends with me and Cesarina, I'm friends with Vivi and Strasza, Zaza's friends with Cesarina, Cesarina's friends with Liana and Subaru... see, everyone's connected. Except Elise, but she can go right in the middle since she's our next-door neighbour."
    Elise nodded in agreement, "Thanks, Prushka! She's right. Friendship isn't a race or competition. It's like a vast interconnected web that we're all part of together, even if we aren't aware of it!"

She considered Prushka's diagram for a moment, and her position in it, Wait. Wouldn't that metaphor make me a spider?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "So, what does everyone think? Do you wish to fall down beside me?"
    "It might actually be kind of fun, but I'm not sure the cafeteria's the best place for a game like that. There isn't a whole lot of space to spin around in here, not to mention," she paused to give the floor an experimental stomp, "The floor's kind of of hard, and Prushka's right, we don't have enough helmets."

Prushka is the most sensible person here. Everyone should own a helmet.

"We could take it outside, the grass would be much softer, but I'm not sure if it's the best game to play right before breakfast."

Elise paused to consider the other possible ramifications of spin induced nausea.

"Or-or right after," continued Elise, "Spinning on a full stomach could end very badly for some. Or all. Maybe we could, heh, give the game a spin during a break between classes?"

Elise glanced towards the food line and considered her own still very empty stomach.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "G-gwah!"
    “Can I take that as an okay?”

I didn’t realize how deeply Aleen was in her trance of watching Caleb because she acted like I jumped out of nowhere… I mean I didn’t exactly try to hide my approach at all. In fact, I was standing right in front of both of them.

"W-what the heck, Vier? You shoulda warned me or something! Are you trying to get me killed? Jesus, I was 'bout to totes have a heart-attack..."
    ...Trying to get you killed. No I wasn’t at all… I was… I didn’t expect that... I swear I didn't mean for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "Well. It's fine with me. Sit down as you like. You're... Vier Wolff, right? As you aid, I'm Caleb. Guess we'll be classmates from now on too."
    I was broken from my memories from that day by Caleb Montjoy. His words reminded me that I was just kind of awkward standing there and gave me something to think about. The pausing and clear pronunciation gave him a neutral accent meaning he had some reason for wanting to hide his accent or wasn’t experienced enough to hide it properly.

“Y-yeah, I’m Vier Wolff. Feel free to just call me Vier as well.”

I sat across from Aleen. The last thing I needed was Aleen to think I was trying to rival her for Caleb Montjoy’s attention.

"Anyways. I was just regaling Aleen here with a tale. Took the liberty to check out this place. Before we arrived, that is. Read a bit about it. Turns out there was once a booming logging industry here. Hard to imagine, right? One owned by, what was it... McLampet family?"
    “Ah I’ve heard a little bit about that already. Some sort of boogieman causes the family heirs to go missing or something. Got anything else that might be interesting?”

For some reason, Aleen always seemed kind of skittish around this kind of topic. If my suspicions were true, she’s somehow related to the McLampet family. How is a good question, but if what I know about the inheritance right now. It should be passed to the third son’s daughter.

"Wait... that's what you were talking 'bout?"
    Aleen were you that far zoned out that you didn’t hear a word that he was saying at all? How do I fix this to save Aleen some face...

"Yes...?`Weren't you listening?"
    “She might have been a bit distracted with how you’ve been moving your coffee. It’s been moving a little dangerously in my opinion for a little bit.”

I gave a quick example of how dangerous he's been moving his coffee with the milk I was about to use with my coffee. Making sure that it came pretty close to the top of the glass before stopping.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday, Elaine Winters & Colt Davin

And with that, the icy atmosphere melted almost instantly. Sakura, putting her fngers to her forehead for a moment, let out a tiny little sigh... and then directed a warm smile towards Lucille, having dispelled any and all forms of teasing and venom she might have displayed earlier. Indeed, it evaporated so fast that it might not have existed in the first place... like it most likely never had.

"Oh come now, you silly goose... you're going to ruin your pretty face again."

Thus did the mantle of a disgruntled employee drop from Sakura's shoulders, and instead she revealed herself to be the older sister she had, honestly, always been. With determined steps she brushed past Colt and over to the crumpled heap that was named Lucille, knelt right next to her and wrapped her arms right around the girl. Then, without waiting a bit or giving her any chance to protest, she lifted the younger girl in a tight hug, almost like a real kid sister.

The expression on Sakura's face spoke volumes of what she was feeling right now.

It was the kind of affection reserved only for family members, devoid of any ulterior motives or reservations. Added to it was an dash of worry and understanding that both of them had gone too far, taken the jokes too seriously, and now they had made complete fools out of themselves in front of total strangers, more or less.

But clearly Sakura couldn't have given rats is Elaine and Colt were snickering at the sight of the two.

Her little sister was crying, and the utmost important goal right now was to end it.

"You should know that no matter how I joke about it, I would never leave you, you dummy. And it's not about the fact that you're my employer - no, Mister and Missus left raising you as my job, and that's exactly what I'll do, until you're ready to stand on your own two feet. Not because I'm your Head Maid, but because you're my family just as much as I'm yours. And that won't ever chance, even if I'm sometimes cross with you or disappointed in you. Because like it or not, family doesn't leave family," Sakura spoke softly and warmly, petting Lucille's hair as she did. "But I'm sorry too. I took joking too far as well. Still, you know how I'm sensitive about some topics so... well, never mind that now. What matters is that I'm not actually leaving you. I came all the way here just to watch over you, didn't I? So... let's dry those tears now, alright? We've got a big day ahead of us, and I want you to be at your best - not because I want to tease you, but because I want you to have fun here at Pinefall. As always, remember... everything I do is with your best interests in mind, Lucille."

There was a clear difference in how Sakura spoke that name. It wasn't with the same detachment as she had tried to use when in company of other students, trying to hide their connection. It wasn't accompanied by a title to denote that she was her employer. No, this time it was spoken with love and cherishing, just like a sister to another.

"And here. Come now," Sakura said, as she took out a handkerchief and handed it over to Lucille. "Your nose is getting runny."

While Lucille, still being hugged by Sakura, busied herself with that, the brunette glanced over her shoulder at Colt and then nodded towards the fridge. With a somewhat quieter voice she told him:

"There's ice cream on the bottom shelf. Mind getting that out?"

Then, another glance though this time towards Elaine.

"There's enough for you too, Winters."

And, finally, she returned her attention back to her charge. A slight giggle escaped Sakura's lips and she squeezed the blonde a bit harder. After all, it was a rare chance for her to have Lucille be this honest with her, so now her elder sisterly affections came bubbling forth, having been held back for a long time by her job and the masquerade she kept up.

"Still... calling me an Onee-san, huh?" Sakura asked, slightly mischievous twinkle in her eye. "It'd certainly be nice to hear after all this time. Oh I remember how you used to run around the mansion looking for me after you had finished your latest drawing or book, yelling 'Onee-san, onee-san!'..."

While the danger might have passed... this might have been a wholly different kind (if wholesome) danger. Especially the way that the affectionate Sakura now looked like she wanted to pinch Lucille's cheeks.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"Anyways, if you came looking for a fight, then bring it. The morning's almost over, and if I'm to verbally assault you, I'd rather get it over with fast, bitch-face. I've got actual things to finish before classes after all, hah. Unlike some,"

"Or what? We're you feeling all lonesome in that table with the war-criminal and boy wonder, and decided to come looking for better company? Hah! That's rich!"
    “…hmh. It truly is.” Anna’s drawl was surprisingly dispassionate, considering her usually fiery temperament. “Based on that little outburst, I think anyone is hard-pressed to consider you “better company” by any stretch of the imagination.”

Despite the biting nature of her words, Anna didn’t move to distance herself or move away. Neither was her body language particularly aggressive. She really couldn’t put in the effort if the other side was being so half-hearted about it. Instead, the jacketed girl’s voice dropped in volume, only audible to the loud and brash boy in front of her.

“But that’s kinda the point of this little masquerade that you’re pulling, isn’t it?”

“I must admit, it’s the first time I’ve run into a “punk” who carves calculations and trajectories into school desks. Pretty uncharacteristic, wouldn’t you say?” Anna let out a small chuckle. "What's next? You'll hack into the security systems at the hospital while tearfully treating a child dying of bronchitis or something?"

She could see it now. A week ago, things were different. She had no interaction with Travis at this point “last week”. In fact, she didn’t talk even talk to the boy before the day both of them ended up dead. However, that one day was enough to shift her perspective. To the extent where she could easily pick up the errant signs she usually would just discount. The way his eyes seemed to probe for her reaction, almost as if trying to feel out her personality and reaction.

Almost as if he was mentally trying to figure out the best way to approach her. Or, perhaps more accurately, keep her away. To create a scene sufficiently large so that afterward, no-one would think too much on what he was actually doing.

…the mindset of a spy that is.

"Though, perhaps that's just how they make thugs in Canada? I hear you guys up north are supposed to be all kinds of conciencous."

“Wood is great though. I’m something of a carpenter myself, so trust me when I say that I totally understand the appeal.”

“Even the simplest of carvings can last quite a while. And who knows? Maybe someone after you will also be able to revise off your notes?”
    Last edited by Mellon; April 22nd, 2020 at 02:58 PM.