Page 126 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2676116121124125126127128131136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994
    Weather: Clear Skies

Alex Terrot. A distant person. A serious person. A person with whom John Dove has not interacted before.

Yesterday
    On Sunday
    , she was not present at all. She had left Pinefall on Saturday, if not earlier. Where did she go? It takes not much to figure out that she has a busy mind. Did she find out something? Did she get in some trouble of her own?

Why should he care?

At that last thought, John closes his eyes and brings a hand to his face. He cannot do that. He cannot dismiss anything or anybody. John Dove has never distinguished between “people he likes” and “everybody else”, and this is no place to start doing that. However, at the same time, John Dove is not a person who seeks to impose himself on others.

“Miss Terrot,” he finally calls out, not waiting for her to look at him. She does not need her ears to write on her journal. “I am in no position to tell you how to do anything, but I nonetheless ask that you do not overwork yourself. It is inefficient, and ultimately detrimental to your labor.”

He then hesitates. It is strange; he would not overthink his actions like this when interacting with, let’s say, Ubon. Quickly enough, he realizes that hesitation is only wasteful. Worst case scenario, Miss Terrot will push him away, and that will be that.

“And, should you ever feel the need to discuss your work, or seek a different perspective; well…I have been told I am a good listener. I have also been told it is useful to look for ideas outside of your own mind.”

It is not a lie. His cousin Evelyn did say he was a good listener. She also said he was quieter than a wall, though.

“With that said, I wish you a pleasant rest of the day.”

John lingers just long enough to see whether Alex Terrot has something to say or do in return. Otherwise, this will be the end of an awkward interlude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)

"A walk? What, we having a briefing? Don't worry, I already combed the beach for mines. Should be alright."
    “Just checked for the mines? Tsk.” Anna’s own smile was a mirror reflection of the grin plastered on the face of the white-haired mercenary. “Should have been more proactive and booby-trapped all the obvious sniper nests around that place as well. With the lighthouse and that forested ridge, there are more than you can shake a stick at.

"Might as well be standing in the middle of an empty parking lot for all the cover that place will have.”

From the looks of it, Ramia was more in the mood for the party than she had been last time. A bit ironic, considering that her own morning enthusiasm had more to do with her attempts to ease Gabi more out of his shell, rather than any actual excitement for the party that she herself might have had. Well, it was not as she minded Ramia’s newfound enthusiasm. Maybe it would allow for things to shake out a bit better than the mess they had ended up with last time.

"I was kind of hoping to put all the serious stuff to the back burner, and just enjoy this beach party thing we have today. Some R&R is always welcome, right?"
    Anna gave the other girl what looked like an apologetic shrug, though the gesture never seemed to truly reach her eyes. Instead, the light in those red orbs was clearly still filled with wry bemusement. After all, despite having a relatively good idea of the probable direction the conversation would take, Ramia was still heading towards the door. She’d probably grouse incessantly about it and throw plenty of shade, but would still end up hearing her out, even if the topic took more serious tones.

“Aah, well, I’d rather get some of this stuff off my back before I have a chance to relax, you know?” The hard toothpick rolled from one side of her mouth to the other as Anna gave the other girl another grin. “Shouldn’t take too long though. There’ll be plenty of time for R&R, trust me.”

“So... What's up?"
    Mhm. This would do. The front of the dorm was completely empty and there wasn’t anyone really out and about that would be able to listen in. At the very least she should be able to feel out anyone trying to listen in as well. And if she did not… well, that would be a problem she would have to deal with at that point. If she was completely honest, these insane circumstances would probably filter out some of the hassles, but it was always better to be safe than sorry. She would still have to clean up after herself, one way or another.

The lazy haze of the sun wafted over them, the almost faint warmth of the last rays of the summer. The crisp wind she remembered from the beach had shifted to a mellow, almost soothing breeze. It might have not been an old women’s summer this year, but that didn’t stop the last vestiges from attempting a comeback. For tonight, at least.

“Hmm….” Anna stretched her arm a bit in the glow of the sun, even as her eyes turned over to Ramia. “You more or less should have an idea already, right? I was just wondering wha…!?

Suddenly, Anna’s eyes completely lost their focus and her usual easy-going grin was seemingly instantly wiped from her face. Her blank expression only lasted for a briefest of instants, before replaced with complete and utter irritation and anger.

Perrse, kurat küll! Saastamat ajastust ikka annab otsida…” Briefly recognizing the situation she was currently was in, Anna let out a deep sigh as her eyes focused back on Ramia. “…Well, I suppose you’re in luck, Indiana. You’re gonna have the chance to put all this serious stuff on the backburner, after all.”

The same hazy grin was flickering on Anna’s face as before, but suddenly her body language had completely changed. Almost on the flick of a dime, a certain uncanny sharpness had snuck its way into her movements. The way her eyes flickered over the treeline in the distance. The way the position of her arms and fingers switched from what was a lazy stretch into something displaying far more intentionality. Though perhaps in hindsight that edge had always been there and was now simply suddenly accentuated due to the strange situation. Like a razor-sharp blade whose sheath had just slipped for an inch, revealing the steel underneath.

As she glanced at Ramia, however, this time the apology did reach her eyes.

“Sorry about this. Unfortunately, it looks like we’re gonna have to pull the breaks on our little heart-to-heart for a bit.” Anna pulled out her toothpick for a second and gave the white-haired girl a teasing smile. “You should know how it is, eh? Duty calls and all that other jazz, y’know?”

“Well, in any case, I should be back by the pa…” Anna’s eyes took in the sun in the distance, before she let out a small sigh. ”…nevermind. I can’t really promise that. In fact, I might be a bit late for the beach tonight, depending on how things end up turning out.”
    Last edited by Mellon; April 29th, 2020 at 12:05 PM.

Elaine Winters

"Drums, hm? Sure thing, don't mind where I end up going so long as I do something," I smiled crookedly, "My original plan was to try and find some crap to blow up, so this is probably carries a bit less risk of our first little get-together having the cops show up."

Would be nice to see Jo again though, don't imagine she'd be too pleased with me in that situation though, hah.

As for another drummer, hm.

I considered the question as I snatched the tape out of the air, giving it a once-over.

Hm, repeat, huh?

Well, he did go for it last time, so may as well give him a chance to show off, cagey little bastard.

"I could probably pull doubles if I needed to, certainly not lacking in energy! Although, if we're looking for a runner-up, I suppose Loinnir's pretty solid on drums, too. Though I can't imagine he'd put himself up unless he really thought he needed to, so I'll just toss him in to mess with him."

I shrugged, "I could go see if he's up for it, probably got some blackmail on him somewhere."

Then I cast an eye to the currently helmet-less would-be vocalist in the room, "Suppose I should probably see what the plan is before running off, though."

Hm, a VCR, huh?

Wonder if those tapes I saw this morning were going to come out...

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Imagine everyone naked... that's..."

Oh no. I imagined it. But I can't let Pyry know or he'll tease me even more. How did I ever think such a jerk was worth protecting!?

"H-hmph. Don't underestimate me. I can do that much easily! But, um, I'll try that 'close your eyes' thing first, maybe... seems like more p-professional advice."

As I think over ways to calm down the butterflies in my stomach while enduring these two humans' awful advice, the rest of the players slowly stream in.

Elaine, Lucille, Vier, Hisa... most of them remember, almost for sure. But I can't bet on that. And while Pyry probably doesn't, Inacio's a complete unknown. I really want to ask Hisa what is going on, but that's impossible in this situation. So the only thing to do is...

"Um, right! A song! I have that! Good job using your brain, Kong!"

I produce from my backpack... a shiny VHS tape. Unlike most of the other beaten-up ones, this is fairly new, though it still only has the title written on it in ugly green marker.

Just need to... oh, everything needs to be plugged in first. I push the cart into position, finagle the cables into their sockets, and...

"AV1? No, it should be Video 2..."

Struggle through switching the various channels on the television set, and... finally, the VCR accepts the VHS tape.

"Right. Here it is... oh, darn. I' gonna have to fast forward a bit. Just a sec..."

The machine hums through several images in rapid succession, too fast for the human eye to catch them all. Bright shapes and colours flash past, nearly impossible to make out.

"I don't really, um, collect this 'Japanimation' stuff, or anything. There's just this idiot that keeps recommending it. He snuck a few tapes into my bag without telling me, and since they're important to him I can't exactly toss them out... ah, here we go. Don't worry about the story; it's just a bunch of fighting and drama anyway. But this song's really nice. I've got it all memorized."

With a click, the tape stops about where it needs to be, and then with another press of a button on the machine (the remote is, of course, out of batteries), it starts playing.

"It's a bit of a sad one, so if you wanna play something more cheerful that's fine too. But I think it really fits where we are, y'know? And it's not all sad, so..."

The strange tune warbles and echoes through the small classroom as I wait for everyone's thoughts, my heart pounding in time with the beat.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Colt, right? Colton Davin? I've met your father a few times - remarkable man. Even with your circumstances, I can see some of his better qualities have rubbed off on you, judging by how you decided to report this only after the classes, I take it nothing serious happened and nothing was stolen, correct? Most might not even care about such a thing, but you've come to report it nonetheless. Good work."

"In which part of the second floor did this happen? One of the common rooms? Or a room of a student?"

“You know my Pop, huh. That’s a little surprising and a little not.” Perhaps Mr. Oceandrop was aware of how daunting a prospect it was for a lone student to come to meet him. That might explain how it was that he so casually lightened the air of the room, dispelling a nervous weight as if he knew it was in the way. “Well, rub all he might, there’s still a good chunk of me that sticks around.”

From there, Colt ran down the incident exactly as it had been. That he was with Elaine Winters, Sakura Tsukioka, and Lucille Faraday. The state of the broken plank, along with its shrapnel, exactly as he remembered it. Unlike what had been agreed upon, he also told the truth about opening Prushka’s door. The open window, and the tracks leading into the forest.

"I'll have our janitor take a look at it, and if necessary, contact the authorities. Depending on how it was done, we might have to change the locks to newer ones. Though that would require bringing in a locksmith from Seattle... ah, but that's nothing I should trouble you with.

Jake.

Though not as obvious as a sigh, the cocked eyebrow and look of skepticism in Colt’s eyes made no attempt to hide his concern. Whether he trusted the man’s intentions or not was entirely separate from trusting his ability. Though, Tommy had vouched for his trustworthiness, so at the least the boy had that much faith in him.

Those thoughts stayed in Colt’s head as he listened to Mr. Oceandrop go on.

“If anything, I should be asking you about how you're feeling, now that you're here. I was hoping some students might show up today so I could talk to them... but I suppose a beach party with youngsters of the same age is a much more enticing prospect than listening to an old man prattle on, hah!"

He could feel it. In his gut, he knew what was going to come next. After all, what else would the principal hope to talk to the students about, other than…

"Still... how has your first day here been, Colt? How were the classes? Are you making friends?"

Colt pulled together his resolve.

“I didn’t go.” Plainly, he admitted his absence. Colt Davin wouldn’t benefit from telling a lie, and by his nature, he didn’t like to lie anyway. Lies beget more lies, which begets trouble. One lie will become a bigger lie, until you find yourself suffocating without a shred of truth in sight to help you breathe. “There’s a student I don’t want to see. I don’t even want to be under the same roof as them, so I didn’t go.”

So he told the whole truth, as sanely as possible.

“I’m sure it doesn’t reflect well on me or my Pop, but there’s just no way I could go.” Colt tried to stay as straight-faced as possible, but a grimace found its way onto his face. After coming this far, having admitted to truancy, he may as well go all the way. Would it do him any favors? No. But there were others like him. Maybe there might be more he never might have expected. “Today was… Mr. Lewis’ English test to check how well the foreign students can keep up with the ones who have English as a first language, right? Should I expect to have to take a make-up test?”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Inacio
    "Oh? Dancer too? You seem like a rather multitalented lady, then, Liana Skye. But yes, if you can handle a guitar and perform for the second band that way, it would ease a lot of things," the young musician answered. "Oh, and as for guitars, open up those large closet doors. There's plenty of instruments there. They're old, of course, but with a little tuning, I'm sure they work."
    "Multitalented might be a bit too strong a praise," chuckling to herself even as she regards the boy and his raised eyebrow, the young woman can't help but find it a bit amusing, "I originally went to the school to sing, my family had a bit of history in Japan, so I grew up hearing j-pop and the like, if you know what that is? Had a brief fling with wanting to be that sort of singer myself, but it didn't quite work out in the end, got pretty into some other stuff too, so my free time got split up amongst a bunch of other things."

She laughs again, gesturing at the skateboard she had left up against the wall, then-!

"Picked up the guitar on a whim mostly, thought it'd be a cool thing to learn how to play~! Wouldn't call myself any natural talent though, I just sorta kept at it till it mostly worked out!"

That was how she acquired most of her skills really...

Good old fashioned practice until she was at least passable at it-!

Still-!

Making a move towards the closet doors to seek out her future fated guitar, she pauses when Pyry speaks to her:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "Mind grabbing other instruments too and handing them out if people need them? I think Hisa here should at least get familiar with her keyboard. Oh, and while dancing might be fine otherwise, might be wise to leave that to the audience if you're handling the guitar," the boy said and laughed. "Seen a few too many times how the excited guitarist ends up smacking the singer in the face with their instrument without noticing it."
    "Sure. Just call out what we need, and I'll grab em."

An easy answer.

One that turns into a laugh to match Pyry's own as he describes a certain hypothetical situation-!

"Might be right about leaving dancing to the audience, I could totally see myself doing that on accident," laughing at herself in a light-hearted way, she doesn't deny the possibility, "I'm normally the singer, so dancing with the microphone stand is just part of the gig, but doing it with a guitar in my hands... Yeah, I could totally see myself doing it on accident... Heck, hit myself with the mic stand once when I was starting out, kicked it back up towards myself a bit too hard... Now that was embarrassing..."

It seemed she was remarkably open with telling stories from her past...

Nevertheless, continuing her journey to the closet doors now, resolved to the future that awaited her tonight, she still listens to Prushka speak, speak and then play a certain song, and...

"..."

...the moment the first few notes hit, and it really gets moving, she...

"...Isn't this from Gundam?"

Says something that, perhaps in retrospect, is not too surprising, namely...

She recognizes the origin point of the song even without looking back at the television screen, and...

"...I could roll with it. Would definitely stand out-!"

Even seems to... Approve of... For some reason...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Miss Terrot, I am in no position to tell you how to do anything, but I nonetheless ask that you do not overwork yourself. It is inefficient, and ultimately detrimental to your labor. And, should you ever feel the need to discuss your work, or seek a different perspective; well…I have been told I am a good listener. I have also been told it is useful to look for ideas outside of your own mind. With that said, I wish you a pleasant rest of the day.”
    A dry, quiet "Hmph" echoed from Alex Terrot's lips as she set down her pen, closed her journal on her lap, and raised her gaze to meet John's once more. There was a distinct sense of coldness in that look, the kind of coldness that didn't seem to be aimed at John personally but... something else about him entirely. The ponytailed girl was silent at least for half a minute, studying the boy at the door, holding him in place with merely her gaze.

Then, a humourless smile spread to her face.

"I am hardly overworking myself, monsieur. I am merely writing down today's experiences in the... class, and reading what I have noted down otherwise for completeness' sake. After all, I will take the rest of the day off and enjoy the festivities at the beach," she coolly replied. "And while I apprecriate your concern and offer, I am afraid I must decline. While you might be a good listener, I am not a good speaker, especially to men like you. Not to mention I would rather keep my ideas where they belong. "

With a sigh, she opened up the journal once more, and put pen to the paper. However, before she started writing, the girl took the moment to glare at John from under her brows for a moment, and...

"... And I would also appreciate if you would kindly leave. I am afraid that I do not feel safe alone in this room with you present."

Said something very cold.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

The mention of the name 'Sakura' lead to another quizzical head-tilt from Vivienne, but in the end the deduction she had made, that both this little one and Sakura Tsukioka were different people turned out to be the correct assumption.

Running on the idea that both Sakura (Little) and Hisa were the same people was a bit bizarre. While Hisa had never been mean to Vivienne, she could tell that the energy radiating from Sakura (Little) was... a fair bit different from Hisa. If one was to compare the two of them to a sky, it'd be like the difference between a sunny day and a cloudy one. Still, familiars and what not often had different personalities from their Masters, and it's not like Vivienne's personality did a massive 180 turn whenever she put on a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura (Little)
    “I’m Sakura, by the way, I’m here to be Hisa in Hisa’s stead.”

"Hello, Hisakura..."

... was this a joke? Some sort of teasing? Or the logical way to address someone that both was and wasn't Hisa? But since when could Vivienne Bianchi joke in the first place?

““And you, if you’re here, and you remember, then you must have met a...similar fate, right?”
    Vivienne nodded, silently affirming Sakura (Litte)'s guess.

"Even after Prushie... tried to make me run away, and gave up her life to distract our attacker... I met up with Hwan and Travis after... and we all got ambushed by... someone else... I think a hired gun... of sorts... I... tried to cover for others but... I don't know what happened after I died."

“Though, first...How do you like your tea? And do you like cookies?”

"I am okay with... anything..."

She had no real preference after all. As long as food filled the tummy and was edible Vivienne could eat it.

Elaine Winters

A quiet 'heh', came from my lips as the lyrics started playing, my eyes looking upon Prushka knowingly.

'oh just this guy shoved them all into my bag so I guess I may as well play them, not like I like them'

Uh huh, okay.

I scratched at the back of my head lazily, and then listened quietly, focusing my mind on the percussion as I did so.

Percussion was the base of music, I felt, it sets the tempo, you can have raging guitars and screaming vocals all you like, without a good beat going, it's going to go nowhere.

Then, once it ended and the frustratingly familiarly unfamiliar form of 'Liana Skye' put forth her own opinion as exuberantly as she's been acting the whole day.

"Y'know, you can just say that you like Japanese cartoons or something," I shrugged, "I already saw them, nothing wrong with some stompy robots."

I fiddled with my scarf a bit, reminded of a certain (what was the term, oh yes) tokusatsu show I'd seen once upon a time for some reason heretofore unknown even to my vast intellect.

Was even a Spider-Man one that my brothers showed off after they found a tape of it at a flea market in the middle of Nowhere, California.

Still don't understand the deal with that Tiger Robot thing, though...

"So, confident in your Nihongo? I'll have your back then."

Jumping out so boldly and leaping right on passion in a different language that probably not a lot of people in this room know from a medium that is foreign to the country?

Bold strategy, Prushka.

"It's ballsy, so I'm into it."

I scratched my chin, glancing around the room, then frowned, "They're not too similar, though, so should probably try to find out how rehearsal's going to go, don't want to be messing each other up, after all."

I rocked on my heels, wonderingly, "So, want I should go bully Loinnir into joining us?"

Then I blinked, oh, right, it nearly slipped my mind.

I turned to my fellow blonde.

"By the way, Lucille, I hope you didn't forget about our arrangement."
    Last edited by Mormarth; April 29th, 2020 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Transfer Student
    "I was on the music track at one of my old schools, so I can sing and dance pretty well, and could probably handle a guitar too if that's needed~! Although, I didn't actually bring one with me to the school~ Hah..."
    "Oh, and as for guitars, open up those large closet doors. There's plenty of instruments there. They're old, of course, but with a little tuning, I'm sure they work."
    ...For some reason, I figured that would happen. It should be fine for me to lend my guitar out to this mysterious… transfer student. As far as I’m aware, she hasn’t done anything aside from replace Adelaide Cheshire in our class. In fact, compared to our previous replacements. She seemed to be amicable and overall a nice person. Also it would leave a positive first impression

“In that case…” I pulled off the other bag that had my guitar in it. “I have my guitar that you can use. I’m sure it would be happy if it also got to take part in the live. Also it probably wouldn’t take as much time for you to tune.”

I placed it down somewhere where she could grab it if she felt like using it instead of the older guitars in the room. All I need to do now is just make sure to grab it if she doesn’t want it or check to make sure there isn’t anything… additional on it after I get it back.

“Just make sure you return it to me… uh… Sorry I don’t think we’ve properly met. I’m Vier Wolff. Feel free to call me Vier.”

"Oh, speaking of which... if you need to change strings for your bass, there should be few somewhere in there as well. It's mostly just deduction, but I'd be willing to bet on it - I'm pretty sure that I saw the same model amidst all the guitars and bases, after all."
    “New strings...”

"Mind grabbing other instruments too and handing them out if people need them? I think Hisa here should at least get familiar with her keyboard. Oh, and while dancing might be fine otherwise, might be wise to leave that to the audience if you're handling the guitar. Seen a few too many times how the excited guitarist ends up smacking the singer in the face with their instrument without noticing it."
    "Sure. Just call out what we need, and I'll grab em."
    When I heard that there were new unused strings, I was excited for several reasons. First of all, I can’t even remember the last time I replaced the strings on my guitars. Second of all… You can always use metal strings for other more creative things in a survival environment. Granted they wouldn’t be able to stop anything that would be able to smash you through a wall.

“Can you grab some strings for me? It’ll be nice to have a new set on my instruments after a while.”

"As for the second band's song... I guess Squirt here has some idea, since she was so eager. And I'm guessing it has something to do with that whole TV-on-wheels she dragged in as well."
    Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Um, right! A song! I have that! Good job using your brain, Kong!"
    Prushka had a song in mind? I’m pretty much fine with any song. So it won’t hurt to listen to it. While she was setting up, Pyry kept talking.

"So, the first band would be me, Inacio, Hisa and Vier... while the second band would be Squirt, Liana, Lucille and Vier..." he made a quick count. "How about it, Elaine? Can you handle both, or should we try to look for a second drummer? And you, Vier? You okay with pulling double-duty? I'm sure there's someone in this school who can play the bass too."
    “Yeah I don’t mind playing for both bands… However if you just so happen to meet another bassist, it would be nice. Cause right now, I feel like I’m skipping out on you guys just because I know how to play the first song…”

Yeah endurance wouldn’t be my biggest issue. It would just be the fact that I wasn’t as familiar with the second band. Eventually Prushka managed to get the video running. The animation was nice however there was something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "I don't really, um, collect this 'Japanimation' stuff, or anything. There's just this idiot that keeps recommending it. He snuck a few tapes into my bag without telling me, and since they're important to him I can't exactly toss them out... ah, here we go. Don't worry about the story; it's just a bunch of fighting and drama anyway. But this song's really nice. I've got it all memorized."
    The awfully specific denial makes me doubt that statement however I’ll let that slide. Now the one thing that I have an issue with is the fact that its one of those languages…

"...Isn't this from Gundam? ...I could roll with it. Would definitely stand o
    ut-!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Winter
    "It's ballsy, so I'm into it."
    That’s right… It was Japanese. One of my least favorite languages in the world. You know… I would complain a bit more if I had to sing this, but I’m going to stay quiet on my distaste for this. At least, the song itself sounds nice. But if they want me to do back-up vocals, I’m going to have to politely decline doing that.

“Sure if everyone is fine with this song. Let’s go with it.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ---

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Date: 07.09.1994.

Phase:
    Evening Phase
    ---

"Ah, Zaza? Just a second!"

I patiently waited for Cesarina to open the door, peering with interest at the wood grain. It seemed different somehow, like it had changed utterly and entirely since the last time I looked at it, and yet - entirely the same. But as I reached out to touch Cesarina's door -

"Ah, here we go! Now I am ready to take on this beach! I have the promised RC Model with me in my bag, along with sunlotion, towels and all the extra necessities! It might not be La Costa degli Dei, but I am sure we will have f---BWAH!"

It appears Prushka had lied to me.

"W-Waha, wahahahaa, waahahahaha~! W-what the heck are you wearing, Zaza! That is too cute!"

A flush of color rushed to my face as I crossed my arms very seriously, looking at Cesarina with what could have been annoyance if not for the color filling my cheeks. Prushka, as it appears, had not told me the full truth. While I had wondered about the machine of death she had loaned to me, I had not considered that such a contraption would be worthy of mockery in any way. Was Prushka's noble steed actually... simply just a children's toy? I peered at the pink demon beside me with suspicion, fiddling with the handlebars.

"W-where did you even get such a helmet? You look like Amelia Earhart!" Cesarina giggled. "H-here I thought you were more of the reserved kind, but I see that you are ready to let loose at the beach too! T-though, maybe a bit too loose, considering you need a helmet, ahaha~! Oh, wait, oh-oh! Just a second! Wahahaa~! Proof acquired!"
    "I was allowed to ride this machine of death, Cesarina," I said, briefly lifting the devil's work beside me into the air. "By Prushka. She advised me that to not wear a helmet while riding results it a most mortifying embarrassment as well as many a 'scraped knee'. While I did not think such an occurrence was worthy of wearing a helmet - and in spite of my reassurances to Prushka that in my childhood, I had often times harmed myself through mishaps in numerous ways, she explained to me that without this-"

I tapped my helmet covered head with a bright smile.

"I would be torn to pieces by shrapnel, and die a most painful death! Naturally, Cesarina, I did not wish to be ripped to shreds by such devilry! And thus I have placed protective gear on my head!"

A pause, as I tapped my finger to my lips.

"Oh, yes, that reminds me. Would you like to go for a ride on this machination of mechanisms? I have only done it a little bit, but I assure you," I looked around to make sure nobody was watching, before giving Cesarina a tiny thumbs up. "It's actually quite fun!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“Yeah, looking for Kean might be a good idea,” I nodded at Elaine’s suggestion, “Having two drummers would make life easier. Better if both groups can prepare with all their members there.”

Kean was surprisingly good at drumming anyways. I guess he just didn’t volunteer this time because of how many people were interested…

Wasn’t it because he just didn’t want to let Alexstrasza play the drums last time?

Though she didn’t want to join this time either, not even just for the fun of it.

“And...well, I don’t mind singing,” I answered Pyry this time as I turned towards him, “But we can’t really sing that song together, can we? The Hook, that is.”

Even though we did sing a bit last time as well...It’s not like there was really any need for it, was there?

But then...it’s not like even a keyboardist was really needed for that song. Wasn’t more than just extra, really.

“I...I know a song that would be nice, but…”I continued, but knowing where I was going, I could feel my face starting to blush and my voice became more quiet, “W-well, it wouldn’t really work out, probably, so nevermind.”

Before I could continue, Prushka put on some japanese show - I couldn’t quite tell what it was, since I never had the chance to really watch things like this, but I could still more or less catch the lyrics.

And soon enough, it become quite obvious why she’d pick that song.

What with the teacher’s warning about no double meanings…

Though, long as they don’t remember, it’s not like they’d ever realize the meaning behind it.

Still - it didn’t seem like I was going to play in her group either way, so I didn’t feel the need to voice my opinion.

All I could do was shot a glance at the smaller girl, and give her a thumbs up while smiling faintly.
    Last edited by Cheetose; April 29th, 2020 at 04:29 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Date: 07.09.1994

Well, that is how it is.

Of course, John cannot stop his mind from pondering what that is all about. At first glance, it seems an abject rejection not of him, but of the male gender as a whole. John can easily conjure a few reasons for a woman to develop such a behavior, none of them good.

This…is not something to be solved in a couple of days. Certainly not by him. However, the fact remains that John does not want harm to befall Alex Terrot.

“Miss Terrot, please be sure to remain as cautious of the true dangers of this place, at least as much as you seem to be cautious of me. I beg you earnestly.”

If Miss Terrot or anybody else were to look at him, what would they make of his sudden, quiet solemnity? Of the creasing around his eyes that speaks of feelings (!?) he cannot give name to? Of his voice, which projects the itch in his chest that does not leave him ever since he first saw Cesarina Feroce’s corpse nailed to that yew tree?

“Farewell.”

With that, John leaves the girl he could not reach along with the building. The weather outside is not uncomfortable, but John finds himself pulling his jacket tighter for some reason.

Spoiler:

“They’re going to keep dying. You cannot save anyone.”
    John Dove departs to the beach in silence.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    ”…nevermind. I can’t really promise that. In fact, I might be a bit late for the beach tonight, depending on how things end up turning out.”
    Ramia took a good hard look at Anna, folding her arms across her chest and cocking an eyebrow at the girl. It was clear from the slight confusion in those grey eyes that she didn't really have any idea what was going on, especially with the sudden outburst from the raven-haired girl... but at the same time, Ramia's attitude was as always. She took things in a stride and didn't seem to be too bothered. Curious, perhaps, but definitely not enough to start prodding and poking about what had happened.

Hence why her answer came as no surprise.

"Well, alright? I'll look after Gabs, then. Tell him that you had some work to do, but that you'll hopefully make it to the beach party," she said, before sighing a little bit. "... Gonna be a bit hard with just the two of us, but I think I'll manage. I think the guy's a bit taken with you. He seemed much more cheerful after you started laying on the encouragement."

A wry grin spread to the dusky-skinned girl's face.

"... Gotta say, I was a bit surprised too. Didn't take you for the supportive type. Guess you fooled me with that whole 'angry and prickly' attitude you had going on," she added, before chuckling huskily. "Or what, you got a soft spot for guys like Gabi? Ah, well, I'm not judging you. Can only tell you good luck with that, I guess."

With that, the white-haired mercenary took few steps back towards the dormitory, giving a lazy wave without looking back to Anna who she left behind her.

"I'll try not to burn the house down while you're gone. Just... try to make it alright. I think the little guy'd be pretty sad if you didn't show up."

--- And with that, she headed back inside.

Well... from the looks of it, the road was clear.

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “I didn’t go. There’s a student I don’t want to see. I don’t even want to be under the same roof as them, so I didn’t go. I’m sure it doesn’t reflect well on me or my Pop, but there’s just no way I could go. Today was… Mr. Lewis’ English test to check how well the foreign students can keep up with the ones who have English as a first language, right? Should I expect to have to take a make-up test?”
    Not even a hint of surprise could be read from Mr. Oceandrop's face as he nodded. Not as if he had expected truancy of Colt, but merely because he seemed to be not bothered by it in the least. Maybe something like this was to be expected in a school like this... indeed, a school like this would have more than its fair share of problems - with truancy being the least. But the way the older man looked at the teen now... his eyes showed nothing but understanding of his situation, and of his reason for skipping class.

"Of course. I'll arrange today's lesson materials to be delivered to you, so you can study them on your own time. Naturally, I don't condone this, but what's done is done. Skipping class is no reason to skip on learning something... especially since you don't seem averse to learning itself," the principal said, leaning back in his chair. "Interpersonal relationships are hard everywhere we go. It's why I started this project in the first place. To give youngsters who cannot conform to the world a place where they can be safe and have adults who understand around them. Indeed, the only thing I can admonish you on, Colt, is that you took the matter into your own hands and did not inform any of us teachers."

He sighed a slightly and reached out to below his desk. From there, he dragged up a thermos bottle. One opening and closing of drawer later, and there were now two cups on the table to go with it. After gesturing Colt to sit down in either chair, Mr. Oceandrop opened the thermos, and from inside wafted a heavy scent of delicious (and most likely expensive) coffee. Without saying a word, he started pouring one for himself and one for Colt.

"Still, I can understand your reasons for not discussing this with any of us faculty. It's only your second day here. We must work harder if we're to earn that kind of trust where you know that you can come to us with such problems. Still, I want you to know that that's why we are here. To listen to your problems and to help you out with them," Mr. Oceandrop continued. "Each member of my staff is here out of a genuine desire to help the lot of you. That was my number one criteria when it came to hiring people, after all. So, don't be afraid to bring up anything that's on your mind - no matter how small or big it is."

The eyes of the old man were now locked onto Colt's as he pushed a cup of that enticing coffee in front of him - eyes that were as deep as the sea where he got his name. Maybe, indeed, his name came from those yes... because staring into them was like falling into the depths of the ocean. Though, unlike the ocean outside, this one was warm.

"I sincerely hope that we can become adults that you can trust to that extent."

Having said that, the principal of Pinefall High took his own cup, brought it to his lips and took a tiny sip of the piping hot coffee. Letting out a relaxed and satisfied sigh, he leaned back in his chair again so that the old leather creaked. A tiny moment of comfortable silence reigned in the office, punctuated only by the smell of coffee.

But, eventually, Mr. Oceandrop continued.

"That being said, could you humour this so-called eccentric billionaire for a moment? I'd like to hear who you have such a dilemma with, and what your reasons for it are," the principal asked. "Judging by the tone of your voice, it does not sound like hatred... or, at the very least, outright hatred. I do sense a bit of fear however, though I might be mistaken about that. And while it's also my job in this project of mine, I would want to ease such problems on a personal level as well. After all, having to fear or hate someone you go to school with is not a stable growing environment for any student, here or in the world outside."

Again, those deep eyes were scanning Colt's expressions quite curiously.

"Naturally, anything said in this room won't leave it. Student-teacher confidentiality is a sacred pledge in my books."

Prushka, Hisa Momoi, Vier Wolff, Liana Skye, Elaine Winters & Lucille Faraday

"Japanese cartoon song, huh...? That's certainly kinda unique, Squirt!"

Pyry chuckled at that, grinning impishly at Prushka.

"Though I agree with Elaine here. Nothing wrong with liking the stuff you like. You should be proud of the stuff you're into," he said encouragingly... though that teasing glint in his eyes had yet to fade. "... And I understand why you'd be into big tall robots even little kids can control. So, yeah, nothing wrong that, fufufu~"

Following that with making vague robotic gestures and letting out a series "beep boop" noises, the tall boy continued to tease his short friend... most likely as a payback for that line about using his brains. While Pyry was never really mean to anybody, he certainly liked to dish out in equal measure to what he took, so it was naturaly he'd jump at this chance of verbal sparring.

Inacio, watching this all from the sidelines, sighed a little and shook his head, looking slightly exasperated.

"Ah, well... Momoi is right. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind going wrangling Kean into joining us, Winters?" Inacio asked, turning his eyes towards Elaine. "That would help us out big time, and would leave us with only the matter of bassist... hmm... bassist..."

Inacio thought. He pondered and thought, rubbing his chin while the gears inside his head turned...

... Until he suddenly snapped his fingers, idea lighting up his eyes like the proverbial lightbulb.

"Oh! I think I know who we can ask!" the Lusitanian said. "This might be a bit of a long shot, but I'm rather certain that I saw a bass guitar at the pool building's office last night... which would mean the one using the room play bass too."

Inacio's eyes were once again at Elaine.

"--- Would you mind running over there as well and asking Jake Briggs if he wanted to help us out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “I...I know a song that would be nice, but… W-well, it wouldn’t really work out, probably, so nevermind.”
    Meanwhile, something that Hisa had said had perked Pyry's curiosity.

"Oh? A song you'd like to sing? Well... it's a bit hard to change the song we planned so quickly but... I mean, Mercedes is gonna close out the evening with her own thing. We might be able to work something out," the boy said, raising his eyebrow curiously at the scarred girl. "What song did you have in mind?"

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Oh, yes, that reminds me. Would you like to go for a ride on this machination of mechanisms? I have only done it a little bit, but I assure you. It's actually quite fun!"
    Cesarina blinked confusedly at the blonde girl, before peering at the so-called "death machine" with clear befuddlement in her eyes. She put her hand to her chin, peered at the thing... and then tilted her head so obviously a question mark might as well appeared above her head. Folding her arms, the Italian heiress appeared to be quite puzzled by this vehicle. A bit too puzzled, in fact.

"I... I see? You mean on this 'machine of death'? Hmm... while its appearance seems to be surprisingly simple and childish, I wonder... judging by what you said, it seems to hide quite the engine inside it! After all, while a normal scooter would certainly result in only scraped knees upon falling, to be torn to shreds... the speeds must be unimaginable!" Cesarina finally announced, some sort of awe growing in her eyes. "If that is so, we must clearly test it at once! I want to experience that speed myself! Just a moment!"

With that, Cesarina dashed back into her room and began going through the contents of her wardrobe. While Alexstrasza waited, she could see that on the corner of the bed, staring form the gap between the open door and the wall, was... was a familiar-looking doll. A doll named Benito. Benito, who was staring straight at her, those immovable eyes practically tearing their way straight to her soul without any mercy. And that face... the way the shadows played on the doll's face right now in the dimly lit room...

And by reading that face...

It was almost like the doll was saying...
    Ad ogni pazzo piace il suon del suo sonaglio. But what is life? Is it merely sitting in the corner of a young girl's bed, forever trapped in a world of soft fluff and barely seeing the sun outside? To hear the voices of her and her friends, yet forced to stay silent yourself, mouth sewn shut and eyes buttoned close? To be unable to lift your arms or run under your own power, for you lack the bones and the muscles and the tissue. Instead all that you have is cotton and fabric, made so that you resemble a hideous creation of mankind's eldritch nightmares that plague them in their sleep? And what of the poor doll, forever unchanging, body at the mercy of God's nature and the passing of eons, fated to be an object until wear and tear that this life, akin to blight, inflicts upon us all? Is she to scream for hours upon hours, days upon days, years upon years, even though her mouth is forever shut? Or is she the only true existence in this cruel, sadistic world, and it is all the rest who are the toys and puppets, dancing to the tune of the invisible celestial toymaker we know nothing of? Ah... Sempre caro mi fu quest’ermo colle, E questa siepe, che da tanta parte, Dell’ultimo orizzonte il guardo esclude. Ma sedendo e rimirando, interminati, Spazi di là da quella, e sovrumani, Silenzi, e profondissima quietelo nel pensier mi fingo, ove per poco, Il cor non si spaura. E come il vento, Odo stormir tra queste piante, io quello, Infinito silenzio a questa voce, Vo comparando: e mi sovvien l’eterno, E le morte stagioni, e la presente, E viva, e il suon di lei. Così tra questa, Immensità s’annega il pensier mio: E il naufragar m’è dolce in questo mare.

"Ah, here we go!"

The sudden reappearance of Cesarina broke Alexstrasza out of her thoughts... as well as the girl's changed appearance. After all, she was wearing a racing helmet now for some reason, and looking more determined than ever to get onto that pink machine of death that had become the hot topic of discussion.

"Now then! Shall we go give it a spin?" Cesarina asked, clearly growing more and more excited. "Though... I wonder if it can carry the both of us. It seems rather small, does it not?"

And another deep thought.

"... I wonder if Prushka would let me disassemble it, just for a moment? I would like to see the inner workings of such fabulous machine..."

--- That sounded slightly dangerous.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “In that case… I have my guitar that you can use. I’m sure it would be happy if it also got to take part in the live. Also it probably wouldn’t take as much time for you to tune.”
    A voice that stops her in her tracks, even though she had already taken the plunge into a dusty closet that had likely failed to see the light of day for quite some time now...

“Just make sure you return it to me… uh… Sorry I don’t think we’ve properly met. I’m Vier Wolff. Feel free to call me Vier.”
    "Oh? Sure. If that's cool with you, I'll use it~" smiling in the darkness of the closet, she resists the urge to sigh as it seems another classmate has banished her from their memories, "I'm Liana Skye. You can just call me Liana if you want, or Skye, either one works!"

Of course, while Vier's rather generous offer would have ordinarily freed her completely from her plunge into the closet, the mission she had accepted from Pyry now had her going through everything to find a keyboard, and-

“Can you grab some strings for me? It’ll be nice to have a new set on my instruments after a while.”
    -strings too, okay, easy enough-!

"Sure! Got the keyboard-! Strings... Alright..."

Her own role in things seems to be more or less set at this point, so she allows herself to relax a bit more as she emerges from the dust-ridden interior with everything requested in tow, and-

"I'll take a look at your guitar in a sec V-!"

V?

That wasn't the agreed upon name at all, nevertheless...

She makes her way to Hisa to deliver the keyboard, and-

"Here you go Hisa!"

Cheerful as always, and yet...

"Sorry about my bit of tunnel vision this morning, wasn't really trying to give you the cold shoulder earlier."

...That last bit was definitely said with the more subdued energy of a far more reasonable person...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Elaine Winters

I shot the Portuguese gentleman a thumbs-up, "Sure, sure, want me to pick up some milk from the corner store while I'm at it? They've got a hot discount today."

I smiled teasingly, bending over to stretch my back as I did so.

"Whatever you guys need, I'm a girl that can get things done, so don't fret too much. I got you."

Alright then, who to find first, I mused, hands in my pockets.

Kean's probably around somewhere, I've got a nose for finding that green-blooded hobgoblin, even when he doesn't want to be found.

Then, Jake.

"See ya in a bit, cause I'm on the case."

I mimed tipping a hat that wasn't there, then made for the door.

I've got a few questions to ask the janitor, after all.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ---

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Date: 07.09.1994.

Phase:
    Evening Phase
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "I... I see? You mean on this 'machine of death'? Hmm... while its appearance seems to be surprisingly simple and childish, I wonder... judging by what you said, it seems to hide quite the engine inside it! After all, while a normal scooter would certainly result in only scraped knees upon falling, to be torn to shreds... the speeds must be unimaginable! If that is so, we must clearly test it at once! I want to experience that speed myself! Just a moment!"
    At times, I'm rather impressed with Cesarina - she's quite quick. As she dashed away I waved politely to Benito, whose dark eyes spoke to my soul a language of such absolute sorrow and pain that I briefly empathized with the creature. Staring at it from afar, I could only quietly give him a thumbs up. Benito was doing his best, although I was still unsure entirely what his job was. Perhaps he was some kind of guardian for the young girl? I still suspected my belief to be true.

"Hello Benito," I waved at him, nodding seriously. "I promise not to keep Cesarina out too late. Please keep her room in order while we are gone."

After that moment of seriousness, I was distracted by m-my friend's sudden reappearance, a racing helmet attached to her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "Ah, here we go! Now then! Shall we go give it a spin? Though... I wonder if it can carry the both of us. It seems rather small, does it not?"
    She paused, to collect her thoughts on Prushka's nefarious contraption.

"... I wonder if Prushka would let me disassemble it, just for a moment? I would like to see the inner workings of such fabulous machine..."
    "I am sure she wouldn't mind as long as you put it back together!" I replied to the girl, smiling brightly. "After all, Prushka answered all of my questions thoroughly, if a bit rapidly. For instance, Cesarina--"

At this I pointed at a button located on the vehicle that Prushka had so kindly allowed me to use for a temporary form of travel. This button, as Prushka had politely informed me, was something that I should probably not press. Of course, I am very fortunate in that Cesarina seems to be rather well versed in the black magic that is known as 'technology'. She could most likely figure out what it actually did.

"Prushka has informed me that this button should not be pressed! After she warned me not to press it, she told me she won't get mad," I told the girl, holding up a finger with a serious expression on my face. "Of course, I am not so naive as to fall for her ruse. What I suspect she means is that, of course, you may only press the button when other people aren't around! That way the secrets of her infernal contraption cannot be revealed to others!"

Wait a moment, did that not mean Prushka had revealed the secrets of her sorcery to me? Had she not guided me onto this Pink Dragon, and explained how it worked very kindly, if a bit swiftly? Have she and I both not done many things differently
    last week
    today
    then we had
    today
    before
    ?

...Interesting, you small girl with such devilish gifts. Perhaps I have underestimated my classmates once again. I must strive to do that less often. It has already harmed me once.

"Perhaps you can find out what it does, Cesarina? Or if there are any other hidden contraptions!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"I don't like giant robots!"

Hmph! Pyry doesn't get it at all.

"But It makes sense that you wouldn't get it, Kong. It's not about action figures, though in the marketing executive's minds it is. It's also a gripping tale of how humanity's too awful to coexist on earth, and thus continue to war with each other even as they live in outer space! A romantic tragedy of people hurting those they love, time and time again, an endless loop of hope and despair as mankind attempts to overcome that fate! And the next steps in the evolution of mankind, adapted to outer space and able to truly empathize with each other, are time and time again used as weapons of war..."

Wait, what am I even talking about.

"Well, that's what the idiot that gave it to me said. I don't really care one way or another. It's all just kids' toys anyway. Sailor Moon is way better. Or maybe you'd prefer that one about the big, half naked screaming Kung Fu guy wandering around punching bandits until they go kaboom? Seems more like your kinda thing. I know boys like that sorta stuff."

I take a seat atop one of the desks next to Pyry. He's an ass, but arguing with him has done more to help me relax than anything else, so I can't say his teasing is entirely unappreciated.

Still, the urge to poke is rising...!

"Do you know a lot about music, Inacio? Your advice seemed... kinda specific. Like you know what you're doing."

I don't know anything about the boy. Actually, I don't know anything about almost anyone here. In some ways that's good, but in other ways it's more of a hassle. Besides, I've talked to plenty of girls at Pinefall, but not many boys besides Pyry and Colt. This one seems a bit... wiser, maybe, than either of them?

"And nobody has an issue with my pick? Thanks, everyone... Liana, Elaine, Lucille, Vier... and don't worry about the language barrier! Nobody's gonna understand it anyway except maybe Subaru or... does Sakura speak Japanese? And you, Hisa? Well, either way, music's about feeling, right? So as long as our feelings are in sync, it should be fine."

I return Hisa's smile. She gets it, huh? Then she definitely remembers.

"Now c'mon, Hisa. What did you have in mind? Can't be much more embarrassing than weirdo cartoons, right?"

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Colt listened intently, taking the offer to sit with a polite “thank you.” Though he wanted to protest the offer of coffee, as he couldn’t say in good faith that he enjoyed the drink without something sickeningly sweet to go with it, the good ol’ boy couldn’t quite find the opening to do so.

Barely hiding a grimace, Colt gave it a sip.

Surprisingly, he didn’t get a jolt down his spine. Perhaps it was the quality of the coffee itself, but the acidity that bordered on sour he often tasted and so severely loathed wasn’t present in the slightest. The taste was almost nutty, and for a second he debated going for a second taste.

But the parameter “dislikes coffee” had already been set for Colton Davin. So he put the cup back. Humans can’t be so easily changed, after all.

"That being said, could you humour this so-called eccentric billionaire for a moment? I'd like to hear who you have such a dilemma with, and what your reasons for it are. Judging by the tone of your voice, it does not sound like hatred... or, at the very least, outright hatred. I do sense a bit of fear however, though I might be mistaken about that. And while it's also my job in this project of mine, I would want to ease such problems on a personal level as well. After all, having to fear or hate someone you go to school with is not a stable growing environment for any student, here or in the world outside."

"Naturally, anything said in this room won't leave it. Student-teacher confidentiality is a sacred pledge in my books."

Colt felt those eyes on him. It went without saying, but the weight of Mr. Oceandrop’s attention was not the same as that of another man. Such large wealth rarely found its way into the hands of the incapable.

“Xylia Pheme.” Again he answered bluntly. “I get that, with the nature of the Oceandrop Program, that some of the students have more extreme situations than others. I don’t want to judge her for it, but…”

He paused to think his words over. It was obvious from the look on his face that he was having trouble putting the thought into speech. Especially when his reasoning was so outlandish. That the details went beyond what could easily be believed.

“She’s dangerous. Or rather, circumstantially, she’s dangerous. I don’t know if I can avoid the circumstances that bring that danger on, so this was my solution.” He exhaled slowly. “Well, that makes it sound a lot more complex than it really is. I’m afraid of her, so I’m avoiding her. But… I promise, it’s not based on some gut feeling or anything like that.”

At this point, it was obvious that he had been seen through. Spotting that fear, and identifying his… Colt wasn’t sure what to label it either. It wasn’t hatred. It might be something related to it. How could he not be angry, after all? She had killed him.

It isn’t easy to forget, let alone forgive, your own murderer.

“I’ll try to… power through it. I already feel plenty guilt over my cowardice. I’d rather not be stuck feeling like this.”

Elise Pelltier
    Phase: School Phase
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

The creature took her by the hand and led her into Hisa's room. Elise looked around the room, curious to see what someone had done with a space not dissimilar to her own room, but ultimately her eyes were drawn to Hisa's bookshelves. She quickly scanned the shelves' contents.

Fairy tales, folklore... some science textbooks... Wait? Is that-

Her eyes fell on a book with H.P. Lovecraft on the side, but before she could take a closer look at it, her vision was suddenly obscured by a letter that was shoved overenthusiastically in her face. Taking the letter from the creature, she held at a distance at which her eyes could focus on it and read it over before passing it to Vivienne.

“I’m Sakura, by the way. I’m here to be Hisa in Hisa’s stead.”
    "Nice to meet you, Sakura! Tell Hisa I said hi!"

Well... at least there's no chance of confusing Sakura with Sakura. So is she some sort of psychic projection maybe? She's definitely solid, so I don't think she's an illusion. She seems pretty independent too... maybe Vivienne's on to something suggesting she's like a psychic equivanlent to a familiar? Some part of Hisa's psyche made manifest? thought Elise as she speculated about the nature of their host and Hisa's stand in.

"If you know everything Hisa knows, then I assume that the reverse is also true? That Hisa will know everything that you know?" asked Elise.

“We like you very much. It breaks our heart that you had to suffer because of what we dragged you into. I hope you can forgive us.”
    "It wasn't- it wasn't Hisa's fault. I don't think any of us could've imagined what kind of trap we were walking into... Besides, Hisa kinda got dragged into my problems, and I'm sorry for that too," began Elise, "I like you and Hisa too, and while Sunday may have been hell, I'm glad I got the chance to meet Hisa, even- even if that's probably the weirdest way I've ever met a friend."

“We want to stop fate from repeating itself. We don’t want our friends to suffer again. So there’s much to be discussed.”
    Elise nodded, "Agreed. I have no idea just what led to everything, well, feeling like it just spiraled out of control on Sunday, and I don't know why we've been seemingly given a do-over here, but, well, despite the saying, this is one gift-horse I definitely want a full dental examination for."

"Well, I can't say that I'm not a little bit disappointed that Hisa couldn't make it, but considering the number of people who suddenly decided to join the band this week who didn't last week? I imagine a lot of them probably remember Sunday too, so that seems like a good opportunity to make contact with them. The more we know about what happened on Sunday, the better idea of what we're up against we'll have, and the better our collective chances will be," continued Elise, "Still, I can't help but feel that we're already starting to head on a better course this week."

I hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne Bianchi
    "Even after Prushie... tried to make me run away, and gave up her life to distract our attacker... I met up with Hwan and Travis after... and we all got ambushed by... someone else... I think a hired gun... of sorts... I... tried to cover for others but... I don't know what happened after I died."
    Prushka...

Elise thought about Prushka protecting her from Ubon that morning, and about what Pyry had said when they'd first found him in the forest. About Prushka's fate on Sunday.

"Hisa, Mercedes, Gradient, and I... we'd gone into the forest to help Pyry, but it ended up being a trap of some kind. Pyry had been badly injured fighting- well, he fought the one who'd- who'd killed Prushka. He'd left campus in a hurry to try and save her, but he said he didn't make it in time... I'm- I'm sorry," began Elise, "As for us... we encountered the being who set the trap, a thing in a garish blue quilt-like cloak with a bunch of patches of different colours, and... well, we all died in some sort of a nuclear explosion it created."

“Though, first...How do you like your tea? And do you like cookies?”
    Sakura has an excellent sense of priorities.

"Just a little bit of milk and sugar, although I'm fine with it black," replied Elise, "And, yes."

"We should probably start at the beginning, I suppose," said Elise as she took a seat at the end of Hisa's bed, "The first weird thing that came to my attention was the whole thing with Elizaveta and Xylia- Wait. No. That wasn't the first weird thing at all..."

Elise went silent for a moment as she thought about the dream she'd had so long ago, yet, also, last night. She thought of the mist-shrouded forest, and the warning of the oncoming storm. Words spoken to her in the dream, and echoed by John Dove on the walk back from End's Store and Post on a Thursday that hadn't happened yet.

"This might sound weird, but on the first night here..." she glanced between Vivienne and Sakura, "I had a dream where I was in a dark, silent, mist covered forest. There was a being in a white cloak there, who looked like me, and warned me about the oncoming storm. I-I don't think I'm the only one who might've had a dream like that."