Page 130 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3080120125128129130131132135140180230 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Elise Pelltier
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Clear Skies

Elise took one last swig of the bottle of tea Hisakura had provided with her as she surveyed the beach. The fresh tea was delicious, and needed to be enjoyed while it was still warm. It had made for a nice treat on her hasty trek to the beach. She put the now empty bottle back into her backpack and left the backpack lying on the sand in what she hoped was a relatively safe spot for it.

She could smell the tantalizing smell from the barbecue in the air, and while tempting she reminded herself that she probably shouldn't eat less than thirty minutes before swimming.

There will be time enough for that later. Revenge first, swim second, eat later.

The warm sand felt nice, comfortable and inviting, but the cold, cold ocean called to her with all the dark promises that it held.

She turned her attention to the ocean, stretching out far beyond the horizon, and, much closer to shore, the people already swimming in it. She was somewhat surprised to see Jake and Subaru out there. It was curious, she didn't even remember Jake at the party last time, but they weren't the ones who mattered at the moment. She could wonder about them later.

She was tempted to explore the rest of the beach, there was so much going on that she never got to do, it felt strange to have a second go at a party, and whatever was grilling on that barbecue smelt really, really good, not to mention that there were people here that she really needed to talk to, but there was another matter to attend to. One of honour. One of revenge.

Yes. The hour of vengeance has come at last, thought Elise as she narrowed her eyes and focused on Pyry and Ubon, Prushka... you will be avenged.

With that, Elise raced across the beach, towards the waiting ocean!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

The water is way too cold - is what I had to realize after we arrived to the beach. A quick dip could have been nice...But how exactly was I going to warm myself up afterwards, when the weather was pretty chilly in general?

Somewhat disheartened, I stood near the water for a bit, prodding the sand and the small rocks with my toes. I wanted to join those in the water - with so much to talk about with Pyry, and even Jake now, I really wanted to. Still...I guess I’ll let them have their fun for now.

I looked around the beach - mostly the same people, more or less at the same locations. Most of them probably don’t even remember anything...But then, it’s not like I spent too much time with them in the first place. Probably wasn’t the time for it now either.

Walking further back up on the beach, I chose a location far enough from everyone else. Then, with my towel underneath me and my bag serving as my pillow, I started scribbling...

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Date: 07.09.1994

The sea is good to John Dove.

But we already went over that the last time, so let us move on.

There are too many things to do; effectively, he should speak with everybody. However, the inexorable flow of time does not allow such luxury. Alexstrasza is wholly engaged in indulging herself with the company of Cesarina Feroce. It is no time to interrupt her with talks of the Turnside. Elaine Winters…eludes his sight, but she should be engaged with the music event.

A glance at Ramia Ramalsaqr makes John wholly aware of the weight in his pockets. He has no reason to fear Ramia trying to steal the artifact—she did not do so the last time, and according to the rules she explained, he has to hand it over willingly. Nevertheless, John is aware of having become almost too conscious of the lamia’s presence in his vicinity. He is wary of her. It is unpleasant.

Inevitably, he is drawn to the ocean’s waters, just like the last time. He takes off his clothes in autopilot until he is clad only in his swimming trunks. After tucking everything in his backpack and placing it where he can always look at it, John sets off towards the sea with his usual sedate pace, only to catch one Elise Marie Pelltier clearly in a lot more hurry than him. His eyes easily follow her gaze, set on Pyry and Ubon, and John quickly remembers exactly what happened in the last iteration of this beach party.

Does she intend to…?

Regardless, John does not need to adjust his route. He already intended to have some time for himself, just like the last time.

After all, considering that he went straight from “death by Disembodied Man” to “Ubon antics” to “strange Turnside shop inside a storage shed” to “school hours” to “Alex Terrot and her issues”, he has not really had the chance to rest his frayed mind. If only for a short while, he wants to let the coldness of the womb-like ocean soothe his tired soul, as it always does.

Just…float, for a little while. And then sink, also for a little while.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

The beach!

The beach!

The beach!

Just like last time, it's beautiful. Just like last time, the atmosphere is one of awkwardness. Most of the people here just plain don't know each other. But, just like last time, they're trying their best. The young teenagers are trying to break out of the awful shells that society teaches them to build around themselves, trying to break through and reach out to each other, to truly make contact with other people in a genuine way. Their efforts might never bear fruit, but they're admirable in a way.

Even Liana Skye, who I even can't think about without my heart twisting itself into knots, is... approaching Xylia Pheme.

For a moment, a cold wind blows through. I shudder at the knowledge in my mind, the thoughts of what had been and what could still be. I can't approach her. Even though she probably wants nothing more than to hang out with her friends who aren't here right now. I can't approach, but... Liana Skye can. Good luck, Liana. I hope that stubborn nature of yours can help Xylia break through her own shell. Because there's a good person under there.

Last time, I was embarassed. Too embarassed to go for a swim or wear my swimsuit. So I ended up parading around barefoot in my uniform. Worse, I couldn't even acknowledge my own embarrassment properly... well, not anymore.

It's embarrassing. It's embarassing! It's super duper embarassing!

But, also...

It's not that bad.

I rush past the stage on my way to my destination, stopping only momentarily by the three people setting up there: Kean, Inacio, and... what. Is that... Mr. Hatou was his name? He looks like he was carved out of marble! What's with that ridiculous... no, it doesn't matter! Don't get distracted!

I push past the gross feeling of male eyes on my bare skin, and leave the message:

"We have an extra speaker, so... could you please plug it in and turn it that way? Yes, towards the light house. Apparently it's haunted by some ghost from a sad story. Yesterday I heard someone playing harmonica there. It was a really good song... but also a really sad one. So I want that ghost to at least be able to listen to music from someone else for once. Maybe it'll appreciate the change; it's probably sick of always being the one to play for others. Thanks!"

With that done, I swiftly retreat from the overwhelmingly masculine group and make a beeline for my true destination: the picnic tables, located within prime range of the barbecue.

I'm normally not a fan of freshly grilled food. Some people like that freshness, but the way I see it, it just means you can taste the despair of the animal that died for your dinner. Better for it to be smoked or pickled or something, for the distance between death and sustenance to grow larger. But... most of my breakfast ended up in the plumbing today. My tummy is already rumbling, so I'll just pinch my nose and have something to eat so I don't have to play on an empty stomach.

Besides... I promised a certain someone a certain something.

"Heya, Cesarina, Lockhart. Looks like you pressed the button after all. I'll give that look on your faces... an eight out of ten. Had fun?"

Looking around, the other residents of the table are... Sakura, right? She was in my room, too. Does that mean she knows?

Ouch. There's a sharp pain in my heart as I realize where I've arrived.

Hell. Is this hell? It might be hell. After all...

I'm staring into the eyes of Alex Terrot, who I've never so much as conversed with, but know more intimately than most people here. The room I saw at the Owl's Nest doesn't fit with the elegant looking girl before me. But those worries... she must be bearing them. And surely, they're slowly, slowly, slowly building up...

And... Colt Davin. Colt Davin, who, from a certain point of view, because of me...

"..."

Say something, Prushka.

"Um. Hey."

It's lame. I say some lame greeting, because if I don't, I'll crack.

"That food smells good!"

Prushka... that's even worse.

"...not interested in swimming, huh?"

It goes out to everyone at the table.

Translation: Please say something. I have no idea how to start this.

Elaine Winters

"Yes, yes, hold your applause, ladies and gentlemen, hold your applause. I know I'm great..."

Upon the mention of money going down, one could easily picture a pair of ears perking up on my head, green eyes fixing on the Benjamin laid out. But with an effort of will, I shook it off and refocused myself back on the situation.

So I'm on the Hook squad, huh? Cool.

Chords just make me nostalgic, and not necessarily in a good way, but it's a fine enough song.

Which I suppose is the point, in the end?

Don't bother being experimental or putting yourself out there, just focus on what's already worked and what people already like, because they'll like it, so you'll make money and it'll sell.

Sheesh, kind of depressing.

I glanced over at Lucille, chuckling a bit to myself, she'd barely have to practice at all with that one, shame she's on the robot one, but hey, at least we haven't all heard it before.

"Yo, Luce, don't forget our little arrangement from this morning, hm?"

Elaine Winters

I hung my head out the window of Jake's car the whole way down there, feeling woozy, enjoying the fresh air and not having to drive myself wherever I needed to go for once.

I'd gone back to my room for a moment to fetch my hat and some other necessities, swapping out my cozy sweater for a somewhat appropriate leather jacket, concealing my swimwear under it.

This car reeked of weed, it made me feel sick, bleh.

I wanna eat something...

Thankfully, the ride wasn't very long (as I remembered), and I slunk out of the car wishing I didn't have the potent sense of smell I had been cursed with.

Truly, the greatest of sufferings was having to deal with constant stank.

Thankfully, I could assuage my woes by the newfound scent wafting to my nose, the familiar aroma of grease and cooking meat, spices and herbs flitting through the air.

Ah, excellent, beautiful, majestic. Something to rid my nose of Mary Jane.

I stretched as I exited the car, reigning my desires in with a mighty effort and shaking my head.

Right then.

I was contributing, so I figured I may as well help out a little.

I hefted some of the drum set, carting it along with me as I moved towards the stage, setting it down gingerly on the solid surface.

"Right then," I began, tugging off my jacket and laying it gently down next to the drums, shucking off the skirt I'd been carting around as I did so.

I stretched boldly, "Yo, Keany, you want anything from the grill before I park myself over there? You know how I am."

My eyes had already begun straying towards the other end of the beach, towards the grill, and I took a few steps towards it almost unconsciously, but first-

I looked over my shoulder to my guitarist companion for the piece we'd be playing tonight, "What about you, Inacio? Least I can do for the hard working boys."

I winked.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Elise Pelltier & John Dove (+Hisa Momoi)

"... I feel like I am being made fun of."

Such were the words that Elise heard when she hastily approached the scene of swimmers not too far from the edge of water. The group of Subaru, Ubon, Jake and Pyry was not too hard to recognize, especially with the two boys towering from the ocean quite clearly (especially the lanky athlete). Ubon too, though mostly for her colorful hair and how she was currently just splashing around in the sea, jumping up and down and throwing herself backwards and forwards into the water like a child, only to pick herself back up again. There was so much joy in that simple form of movement that it was actually somewhat hard to watch.

And then... then there was Subaru Iburi.

Stuck on a inflatable tube.

Looking rather annoyed at the situation.

"I-I mean, fair enough, I do not know how to swim that well, what with being from the north, but please... It cannot be that hard!" Subaru pleaded with the rest of the group. "I-I feel as if I was a child when I in a contraption such as this!"

Jake chuckled and lifted the plastic water gun he had (for some reason!?). A jet of sparkling ocean water burst from the nozzle as he pulled the trigger, shooting up towards the skies so that it sparkled under the afternoon sun.

"No can do, Miss Subaru. You heard Mr. Hatou, right? Swimming's fine, but as long as you have something to keep you afloat," the janitor said. "I mean, me and Pyry here can't be Baywatching you all the time, dude."

Subaru tilted her head and narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"... What on earth is 'Baywatching'...?"

It was at that moment that the splishing and splashing from Elise's feet caught the group's attention. Jake lazily waved his hand and Pyry lifted his own in a greeting. Subaru, on the other hand, tried to turn her tube around so that she could face the approaching Elise... only to find herself rotating in the completely opposite direction. Alarmed shrine maiden noises caught the attention of the silver-haired young man, who rushed in to help the girl right herself.

But, while these three had rather normal reactions... Ubon did not.

Rather, she burst out of the water, looking alarmed, and waved her hands towards Elise's direction while rushing towards the girl.

"E-Essieeee! Turn back while you can!!" the cyanhead hollered, looking panicked. "I-If you get too close there's no going back! This place is totes dangerous, I tells you! For realsies! Absolutely super ultra dangerous! Git, git, git while you still can, girl! You're too young to see something like... gaaah, no, Essie, stay awaaaaaay~!"

Just what on earth was this?

Why was Ubon reacting this way?

And why was she so flushed on her face? Was it because of the sun and the exercise she had gotten?

No, now that Elise looked at the scene...

"Hmh? Oh, Elise right? Nice seeing you too, dude!"

... It might have had something to do with the visual overload that was going on at the place right now, thanks to the two young men.

Pyry Leijonamieli was a chapter of his own, of course. Looking like some sort of Greek statue built to resemble physical perfection, the way ocean water and sun seemed to glisten off his shirtless body was... quite something. However, that was something that Elise had been able to prepare for, thanks to the last week's version of this event. However, now the janitor was thrown into the mix...

--- And who knew? Jake Briggs was rather easy on the eyes underneath all those baggy clothes.

Not only was he toned, but his somewhat pale skin combined with his more lithe physique as compared to Pyry's muscular one made them like weird reflections of each other. And with his silver hair contrasted to his golden one, his blue eyes contrasted to his yellow ones, and the slight height difference between the two boys... it was like some sort of art installation. Never in a million years could someone have expected a janitor of a high school to look like this, but... here they were. Two guys who were definitely... eyecatching... when having fun together at the beach.

"Essieeeee..." Ubon bawled, half-swimming to the brunette and latching onto her mid-section. "I-I-I... I dunno where I'm supposed to even look anymoreeeee..."

... Somewhat understandable problem.

Heck, even Subaru Iburi seemed to be breathing a bit harder now that she was that close to Jake, who was helping her out with the tube.

And the other boy?

"Heeeeey~! Pikkusisko~! Hisa! What'cha doing there all alone? Come on, come swimming too! I'll give you an airlift!"

He was hollering out towards the beach, letting out a bellowing yell that could be heard all across the beach, just to get the attention of Hisa Momoi who was currently sitting alone in a more secluded part of the beach. At the same time, the boy was waving his hand and grinning widely at the scarred girl's direction.

Then, noticing someone else floating in the water, Pyry turned towards John's direction.

"You too, John!" he added with that loud holler. "Ubon, look! John's here!"

That seemed to peak the cyanhead's interest, as she climbed up Elise's body like a spider-monkey, using her as a support while peering into the direction pointed, shielding her eyes with her hand.

And, when she spotted the boy, Ubon grinned widely.

"Heeeeeey~! Johnnie! Get your butt over here~!"

... This was quite the situation, huh?

Colt Davin & Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “So, Sakura... Any more jobs you’d like me to get out of the way? Grilling, heavy lifting, setting up the tables, tossing salads… is there anymore legwork you have in store for me?”
    Sakura giggled at that, patting the boy on the shoulder with a slightly impish smile.

"Nope~! Right now your legwork is to sit your butt down and eat! You've been good enough gofer for few hours, so I can let you off the hook for a while," the brunette said while piling food onto her own plate. "So eat, drink and relax! That's why we're here, right? And that's why we worked so hard for a while... so we could properly sit down and ease into the evening, without having to worry about a thing!"

Sakura then sat down at the table, right next to Colt - close enough that their shoulders almost touched... but not quite.

"Oh, and there's ice cream in the cooler if you want some desserts! Just, don't touch my beer, okay?"

The last words were spoken quiet, like a true warning.

It was at that moment that a new face decided to approach the tables... though, instead of them addressing either Sakura or Colt directly, they instead went towards Cesarina and her friend, who were currently in the midst of untangling the mess that was their hair. Or, at the very least, Cesarina was. She had spent the last 15 minutes working very hard with a comb, and was finally starting to make some progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Heya, Cesarina, Lockhart. Looks like you pressed the button after all. I'll give that look on your faces... an eight out of ten. Had fun?"
    Seeing the tiny girl, Cesarina let out a uproaring laugh.

"Wahahahaa~! That was amazing, Prushka! Just amazing! I never knew such a tiny thing could pack so much power!" the Italian heiress said, grinning from ear to ear. "T-Tell me, would it be possible to see the schematics? Or take it apart and poke around on the insides for a moment? A-after an experience like that, I am even more curious than ever about your scooter!"

Well, from the looks of it, Prushka and her little vehicle had certainly made an impression on Cesarina.

Indeed, even now, after tying her hair back on the familiar twin-tails, she seemed even more energized than before... even if Alexstrasza and her had spent most of the journey here screaming their heads off.

"It really was quite something, wahahaa~!"

Unfortunately, after that bout of good cheer, Cesarina focused her attention on her blonde friend and the mess that she had as a hair at the moment. A mess that needed to be untangled if Alexstrasza was to get anything done at the beach today. This left Prushka alone with Alex Terrot, who had been silent so far... and continued being so. Indeed, she was dressed just as heavily as she always was, showing none of that "last-remnants-of-summer" spirit that the others were so openly displaying.

Well, Alex Terrot and Colt - Along with Sakura.

Which meant that the conversation took a somewhat awkward dip in the liveliness.

"Um. Hey. That food smells good! ...not interested in swimming, huh?"
    Sakura, who had been caught a bit unawares by Prushka's arrival, smiled widely.

"Well, I figured we'd go swimming after eating. Isn't that right Colt? Leave the water to the rowdy kids and only go in once it's properly peaceful," Sakura said with a slightly teasing tone, elbowing him softly in the ribs. "Anyways, what about you... Prushka, right? Not going swimming? Even though you're dressed up for it?"

Then, suddenly... an excited glimmer sparked in Sakura's eyes.

Almost like she had found a new victim.

"Ooooor~"

She practically purred.

"Are you hungry~?"

Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "Hey! Xylia! You doing okay over here? Ocean do something to upset you?"
    ... The sun felt wrong.

It shone too brightly in Liana's eyes. Like a blot of amber blood seeping through her eyelids. The sun felt wrong. It was a hard to get a good look at the girl she had approached. It seemed that light seemed to pass right through her and burn straight into her retinas. The sun felt wrong. That warm glow of it wasn't so warm anymore. If anything, it felt chilly and cold as it pressed against her skin. The sun felt wrong. In its light, set as the backdrop of the silhouette of Xylia Pheme, it burned away everything else. Even the sounds of other people not too far off were distant and almost non-existent. The sun felt wrong. Had it always been this big, this overbearing, this burnt orange in her eyes? Had it swallowed up the horizon and her field of vision quite this way before?

The sun felt wrong.

Slowly, ever slowly, the girl known as Xylia Pheme started to turn around. Sand scratched underneath her shoes and shifted to accommodate her weight. Her piercing eyes were momentarily hidden by the shadow thrown over her by the solar phenomena behind her and it was impossible to see what sort of expression she wore. Somehow, despite it feeling suddenly very, very cold, sweat seemed to run down Liana's spine. This sound with cessation, the cacophony of a snowstorm on TV with no channel on and no signal to be found, echoed somewhere at the back of her mind. The girl's hands rested at her hips, relaxed but ready. She was looking at her. She was looking at her. She was looking at her and straight at her, nobody else.

The sun felt wrong.

"... Figures one of ya would come seek me out, sooner or later," a rough voice answered Liana... but not her question. "Didn't think it'd be ya, though."

Now, she was drawn into Liana's field of vision.

An etching onto the surface of the sun and the sea. A young girl, a small girl, some five feet, give or take, in stature. But imposing all the same. Her shadow was long and swallowed Liana alive, whole. Her clothing was unique to say the least, but fit her to a T. That rubber-colored black of her jacket seemed to absorb the orange light around her. Her hair was rough, barely contained, and her canine tooth was pronounced. But her eyes... those eyes seemed to have a light of their own. Like two little suns, boring a hole through Liana with their glare and refusing to let go.

... And those suns felt wrong.

There was some ten meters or more between them, a respectable distance. But it felt too short and too long at the same time. It couldn't be reached, no matter how hard Liana tried, and she couldn't retreat, no matter how hard she wished. She was trapped, in this staring content with this girl, and the growing sense of foreboding that pulsated within her primal mind like drum or a heartbeat. A corona of light within her mind that had taken the shape of this girl, now blackened into the reality that was whatever her eyes showed her.

The sun felt wrong.

"... The ocean ain't done a goddamn thing wrong," Xylia almost spat out. "An' how I'm doin' ain't got jack shit to do with ya."

She raised her hand, her finger and pointed squarely at Liana and suddenly, they were the only two people at the beach... or so it felt. The sun was large and red and gigantic in the horizon and eating the planet alive. The girl was the only thing real and Xylia Pheme did nothing but grin that enigmatic, wicked grin of hers.

Until she spoke.

Once more.

The sun felt wrong.

"So why don't ya just fuck off?"

And it completely rejected Liana Skye.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Nope~! Right now your legwork is to sit your butt down and eat! You've been good enough gofer for few hours, so I can let you off the hook for a while. So eat, drink and relax! That's why we're here, right? And that's why we worked so hard for a while... so we could properly sit down and ease into the evening, without having to worry about a thing!"

“No need to tell me twice.” A tilted smirk glanced over at Sakura as she took a seat beside Colt. It might still be a far-cry from what he’d call a date, but sitting together out at the beach, enjoying a meal and each other’s company. It wasn’t half bad. “And don’t worry, I have a sweet tooth, so there’s only one thing in that cooler that has any reason to fear me.”

In fact, he might prefer it to the standard. Movies and lunch were so tiresome and plain. This felt…

Real.

"Um. Hey."

Colt looked up, away from the skewered, beautifully charred onions that were soon to have a fatal run-in with his teeth. When had the Shrimp showed up? And since when was she the awkward type? That greeting felt like it was both for him and not. Like an uncertain attempt to address someone you really don’t want anything to do with.

"That food smells good! ...not interested in swimming, huh?"

"Well, I figured we'd go swimming after eating. Isn't that right Colt? Leave the water to the rowdy kids and only go in once it's properly peaceful.”

The sudden meeting of elbow and rib pulled the boy out of those musings. After all, maybe it was just that she was nervous to be showing so much skin? He didn’t recall seeing Prushka in a swimsuit last time, after all.

Strange. Why would she be any different this time around?

Inside his head, he shrugged.

“Yeaaaah. The ocean is big, but,” Colt nodded out toward the waves, where Pyry stood like the Colossus of Rhodes, “it only has room for so much man, y’see. I did pack clothes to swim though. I won’t let the sun go down until I’ve gone for a dip.”

“Anyways, what about you... Prushka, right? Not going swimming? Even though you're dressed up for it? Ooooor~"

From Sakura to Prushka and back again, Colt’s eyes darted. Something in that or reminded him of that predatory playfulness that had ensnared Lucille this morning. The brunette spider weaves a beautiful web and baits it with her glimmering smile. The little moth, Prushka…

"Are you hungry~?"

Might already be doomed.

“Have a seat and get something to eat, Shrimp. Otherwise you’ll never grow.” With a smirk, Colt slid an empty plate over the table, toward the small girl. He had already tried once today to save a girl from Sakura. Twice in one day was an order too tall for even him. “Some people slaved over a cool beach to prepare all this. And besides, you have to get through the main course to get to…”

Letting that last syllable drag out on his tongue, Colt pointed with his chin at the pie.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

---What the... Hell...?

At what point had the sun started to affect her mind?

The walk forward had been one done with absolute purpose, a mission of sorts that she wished to see through in spite of a self-prophesied difficulty, and yet...

At some point the sun had turned against her.

What a bizarre feeling, a gaze that absorbed her own and refused to let it go; a gaze that freezes her legs in place, and has her body automatically start breathing as it has been taught in order to support itself in martial arts. In and out, slowly, purposefully, not with fear, but the silent acknowledgement that she has run into something truly bizarre, or rather, a situation that there is absolutely no way to salvage.

Yes.

What a bizarre feeling.

Her eyes lock with Xylia's, the sun shines too bright, and she can neither move forward or retreat, those are the options those eyes leave her with, as if to force her to follow some sort of script, and yet...

---After three seconds, the pointlessness of all of this is acknowledged by the dark-haired girl.

---After five seconds, her breathing goes back to being that or a normal person rather than a martial artist as she disregards the girl's hate, and the dim smile returns to her face.

---After seven seconds, she disregards the broken sun, because it has never truly been that relevant to her either. If the sun is wrong, if the light that shines down wishes to reject her, then she will smile and let that light break upon her body.

Yes.

The sun might be wrong, those eyes might try to burn through her, but the young woman comes to the bizarrely broken conclusion that she simply doesn't care.

She can understand rejection when she feels it, it is the one outcome she tries to avoid if at all possible, so it hurts. Having her cheer disregarded hurts, being rejected so completely, so fundamentally hurts, hurts more than anyone will ever know but she smiles all the same because that is what she does, yes...

This girl will get no rise from her.

As a self-proclaimed 'older sibling,' she must clamp down on whatever brief flash of anger appears, bottle it up and lock it away, because it is an anger born from something the other girl couldn't possibly know about, a weak point of sorts...

So...

This is fine.

---There are times when trying to bond with someone will only make matters worse, this just might be one of those times.

Liana Skye remains Liana Skye.

This is how she functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    "... The ocean ain't done a goddamn thing wrong," Xylia almost spat out. "An' how I'm doin' ain't got jack shit to do with ya."
    "I see. I suppose that's true enough."

Even so...

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    "So why don't ya just fuck off?"
    "You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to."

...She shrugs.

...And moves closer to the sea, staring out at it without regarding Xylia at all.

After all, she has no need for such a twisted light, much as it might not have a need for her, in other words...

Let it wash over her.

She won't burn away.

That is her rebellion.

"I have my own love for the sea after all, so I meant to do a bit of sea-gaze thinking over here in this area myself... I apologize if I struck a nerve, but please feel free to ignore me if my existence bothers you. Doing so will not bother me."

She says it pleasantly.

---Because that is what she does.

She won't move any closer.

She won't talk to her anymore if that isn't desired.

But she also won't retreat, not really, not yet...

Because she will not fold to some twisted Sun.
    Last edited by Airen; May 4th, 2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is such a thing as a 'beyond belief'. This is when a person has been taken so far out of their comfort zone that they are left without any thoughts in their mind, completely and utterly out of their mind as they rocket through the air at a speed that no ordinary person should be forced to go at, and yet, they still must persevere. This is what it means to have reached a speed beyond human comprehension. There's a thing attached to my face, permanently turned upwards. I think it's a... smile? I've given up on my hair, but its still attached to my face. This thing, this belief, this idea that I could be...

Is it true?

It feels true. It tastes true. I touch my trembling skin with a shaking hand, feeling the tingle of adrenaline that pours itself into my veins. With a bubbled gasp of laughter I shake it off, grabbing a red ribbon to tie off my hair. Spying my friend in the distance, I move, slowly at first, then swiftly after seeing a small girl and the thing on my face grows wider and madder.

I grab her by the shoulder, spinning her around with that thing stuck on my face, before pausing to think of words to say.

"Prushka... The Pink Dragon." I gave her a thumbs up with a mad grin. "8 points."

It was with new eyes I looked at the world. The sights, the sounds, the colors - all could die within a second from the monstrosity Prushka casually carried around. In fact, life is just an aspect of death in the end, isn't it? It's the same side of the same coin, the same way a flash of light can be blotted out by a lick of darkness. This is the duality we exist in, the way of the world as it were. With hair strewn so thoroughly I was reduced to a ribbon, I look at it with new eyes.

Executioner... is this what you see? That... that's not so bad. In a way, it makes me understand you, a little bit. You wanted to protect something you thought I desired to destroy. That destruction, that essence of 'monstrosity' that exists in my veins, that exudes when I breathe, that defines who I am; that's what you want, isn't it? Well, that's hardly fair. Why should I play by your rules? I haven't followed the rules since I was a girl. What did the rules ever do for me, anyways? 'Don't do that, Miss.' 'Stay away from that, Miss.' 'Don't hurt them, Miss.' 'Don't fight back, Miss.' I'm sick of it. I'm so tired of the rules and the requirements and the dangers that I must live by. So why not just... let go?

Why not just kill her?

It's a question I still ask myself. Why? Why didn't I immediately go for the throat? Why did I try to be kind? What part of a monster has that kind of mercy? It doesn't make any sense. I can't process it.

"Cesarina, do you think it could go faster? I, personally, think it could go faster. A demon in the skies, a terror carving through concrete, yes. That is the sort of monster a dragon must be, is it not?"

Should I just...Forget?

Well, I've forgotten a lot of important things in my life. Besides, honestly - what's a little murder between friends? While I don't believe it to be just a one time thing, if people like Prushka exist, and so magnanimously allow one such as me to experience something so incredible, and those like Cesarina exist, who can be at my side for such an incredible feeling, then isn't it so? Isn't it so?

Murder isn't so bad, right? I'm sure that there are plenty of people who have been murdered who simply didn't want to be. I can certainly be counted amongst them, but I was given a... gift? A chance? A way out?

I'm trying so hard not to be a monster.

I'm trying so hard to reject my instincts.

So isn't this desperate lust, this greed, this desire for your blood, Executioner... Isn't it just another instinct I can ignore?

Breathe? I can't.

Cast? I won't.

Let go?

Hm. Well, teacher; I suppose one of your steps had to inevitably teach me something.
    Last edited by Frantic Author; May 4th, 2020 at 09:57 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

When I saw Lucille wave her money as a way of incentive for the Test of Courage, if it happened last week I would’ve been excited and would’ve done my best to win. After all, I am poor and if the school wasn’t going to provide me meals and school supplies I would’ve been in trouble. It’s one thing to live in the Swedish Wilderness and just making a living off of the land. But here back in society, I need to look nicely in appearance, attitude, and even in future. If I don’t meet the minimal acceptable level, it impacts me negatively and potentially even the people around me.

As it is right now, I don’t have much need for money. It’s not there’s a gun shop or another shop that deals with the Turnside. It might be better to procure supplies and then convert them in order to raise less of a fuss. The question would be what should I try to prepare for and how can I prepare for it.

Practice went well in my opinion. I thankfully didn’t have to learn a new song and we got to practice even the changing of the bands. So we shouldn’t look too bad in front of everyone. It did feel a bit weird to have Elaine as our drummer in comparison to Kean, but that’s probably some light nostalgia kicking in.

As for who to ride with… Normally I wouldn’t mind whoever was driving as long as they had a license or I knew that they could drive. However, when I heard Jake Briggs say that he needed to remove something from his car before letting in it. A certain something that seemed to leave a certain weird stench from it. If my suspicions were correct, then it shouldn’t be a hard substance worth reporting to the government. However, I still wouldn’t want to be involved in case I was correct. So in the end, I made the suggestion that band members should stick together or alternatively we could use another car to keep everyone comfortable.

Vier Wolff

Now that I’m finally at the beach, I thought I could relax. However, I realized that things were off yet again. Subaru Iburi wasn’t next to Tonkori… Instead she was out swimming with everyone, and in her place Caleb Montjoy was next to Tonkori. Granted, I wouldn’t want to relive that conversation again. So I’ll just settle for whatever philosophical conversation Caleb Montjoy wants to talk about. Even if Aleen is probably just going to stand there like an idiot looking at him… or petting Tonkori like an idiot. I considered killing off Tonkori and Subaru Iburi… But would it be right to preemptively kill them when Cesarina Feroce was still alive? Probably not. Would it be easiest to kill them when they’re unaware? Yes.

Regardless… Thinking about this won’t change anything until I get close. I started walking over towards Aleen, Caleb, and Tonkori.

“Hey Aleen, Caleb, and… oh what is this little one’s name?”

Of course, I knew that dog’s name. But something felt different about them. Wait… Is Tonkori a female. But last time… I was sure that Tonkori was a male… At this rate, I might actually be in a similar but parallel universe...

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    [BGM]

"..."

Someone showed up a bit late to the party. When had they arrived in the first place? A girl with black hair and azure eyes, blue like the sky.... empty as the sky. She looked at the heavens above, seemingly deep in thought. What was she thinking about, one had to wonder... or perhaps that rather, she was instead praying? Wishing? What would God himself see if he stared down upon her empty eyes?

The liveliness of youth fills the air. Young men and women talk to each other with hearty laughs and giggles, run around merrily onto the snow-white sand. In the distance, another group enjoys the freedom of soaking into water, cradled by the ocean's touch. So much joy, so much mirth... and it is all perfumed with the aroma of marbled meat and patties being cooked on a grill.

She breathes in the atmosphere, but of course, nothing comes to her. No joy, no sadness. Neither fulfilled nor disappointed for she cannot be either of these, the girl gazes upon the ocean, the endless that stretches beyond the horizon and reaches for depths beyond comprehension. It reminds her of that fateful day, when she lost it all. With that in mind, her eyes stray towards the lighthouse in the distance, the place where it was said she could repair her broken self. Other than that one visit, she never really had the time to explore it more, did she not? Perhaps that was an error she should fix this time.

But not now. Her gaze now turns towards where she would have gone to last week. Where Sakura Tsukioka, Alex Terrot, and Caesarina Feroce were. There was already a divergence from what was 'supposed' to happen, but then, if one was to take into account the amount of divergences that had already occurred, then it was understandable that people would have shifted around... especially if they remembered what had happened last week.

All these people having a merry time while an unspeakable calamity loomed ahead. Blissful ignorance? Perhaps, or one could call this a way to raise morale in the face of the inevitable adversity that was to come. Why was she dressed once more like that anyways? Wasn't it useless, in fact, a bother to come to this beach party as such? Perhaps that deep down, the girl herself thought that this might be a way to cheer up everyone else, to show that she too, wanted to follow this jovial spirit.

It is a a greeting, simple, with hand raised as a sign of peace and friendship from Vivienne Bianchi. She looks at everyone present at the Picnic Tables, making sure that they all see her waving. There is of course, no emotion in this greeting; her smile is obviously fake, but it isn't fake because it has been falsified, only, it is because it is a smile that has no meaning, no essence. Hollow, empty inside... it exists without purpose.

What do they feel all the time when they see this? Some have learned to accept it, or so she has understood, while others are disgusted instead, feeling an urge to keep their distance to such abhorrence. The people here though in general had come to accept her, perhaps even sympathize with her loss... so... perhaps it wasn't wrong to be hopeful, that they wouldn't mind her showing up again.

There are new faces here, Colt Davin who was sitting next to Sakura Tsukioka, Caesarina Feroce and Alexstraza Lockheart who were trying to untangle the latter's messy golden hair, and last but not least... Prushka.

"...hello?"

The air seemed a bit awkward, as if there was a degree of tenseness. Perhaps having felt that, Vivienne Bianchi decided to vocally greet everyone, even if she had already done so, albeit wordlessly.

Vivienne Bianchi
    Phase
    : Evening
    Last edited by Ayakashi; May 5th, 2020 at 12:04 AM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

I'm overdoing it a bit, aren't I?

The silent presence of Alex, completely withdrawn, the lightly teasing Colt Davin (how dare he call me shrimp!), and the gentle smile of Sakura, combined with the background chatter of Cesarina and Alexstrasza, all of it combines into something of an emotional whirlwind. And I'm right in the middle, the source of all of it.

How does one handle that? Everything at once?

Simple. Breathe. Take a big, deep, breath. Hold it. Now, release it.

Okay. Now. Start from the happiest place and move on when you're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "T-Tell me, would it be possible to see the schematics? Or take it apart and poke around on the insides for a moment? A-after an experience like that, I am even more curious than ever about your scooter!"
    She had fun. That worked out, at least! I was sure she and Alestrasza would enjoy the ride. That's one thing that worked out.

"Hehe!"

I give her a thumbs up... which then droops over until it's perfectly horizontal.

"Sorry, but it's gotta stay under wraps! The guy who made that scooter is more of an artist than an engineer. It was a passion project of his, or something. I'm not really much of a tech person myself so I don't really understand the jargon. But he'd definitely get all mopey if I let someone take apart his present. Especially since he hasn't patented everything in it yet."

Also, there might be some stuff in there that's considered science-fiction by those not in the know of how far technology has actually progressed. Like, most people don't even know that we've had wireless charging since Nicola Tesla! Or that we've managed to miniaturize phones to the size of a dime! Or that you can control things with brainwaves now! Especially here, in a small town far from the swiftly-growing Silicon Valley, it'd probably cause a stir if I went around showing off everything in the Pink Dragon, especially so soon.

But. But, I can't say no to that excited look in her eyes.

"Buuuuuut..." The thumb straightens back out. "If you promise that none of what's in there is gonna show up in a Feroce product later... I might let you have a closer look at the other button. If I feel like it. Because yes, Lockhart. It can definitely go faster."

"Now, whether I feel like it depends on..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "Anyways, what about you... Prushka, right? Not going swimming? Even though you're dressed up for it?"

"Ooooor~"

"Are you hungry~?"
    “Have a seat and get something to eat, Shrimp. Otherwise you’ll never grow. Some people slaved over a cool beach to prepare all this. And besides, you have to get through the main course to get to…”
    "Ha... haha!"

Could it be? In my darkest hour, I nearly missed that. The most glorious substance in Road's End: Avery Walker's pies.

"That's not fair! Why I ought to be chewing you out for daring to call me 'shrimp' just now, Mr. Davin, but..."

One hundred percent pure love. That's the secret ingredient separating this glorious ambrosia from mere 'good food'. It's so pure and beautiful that all else pales in comparison, even my own nerves.

Before such splendor, I can't be mad, and I can't hide my feelings.

"You're absolutely right, both of you! I made a beeline for here 'cus I was hungry as heck!"

~Grrrrrrr~

The sudden grumbling of my nearly empty stomach is validation enough that my words ring true.

Folding my arms, I take a look at Colt Davin and Sakura Tsukioka. One, I barely interacted with. The other... I don't think I've ever met her, actually. She kinda seems... less like a young person and more like an adult. She's got that sort of dangerous aura... well, I'll leave it alone for now. Besides, she organized all this, right? Then she must be a good person. And she was also one of the people to see my room, which means she knows about that... and somehow, aren't she and Colt kinda... close? Like, I don't really care about romance, but they're sitting awfully close together...

"But as much as I wanna just stuff myself to the brim with all this tasty looking food made by the lovey-dovey pair of master chefs shamelessly sitting in front me, waiting to see their master creation fill the stomachs it was destined for... and as much as I wanna offer you two a bunch of oohs and aahs and flowery phrases like 'it's like the taste of heaven' and 'I would eat this out of a shoe', I can't! Only a bite or two. Just enough to quiet this thing down," I poke at my own belly as if to tell it to pipe down. "Gonna be singing - well, trying to sing later, so it's not allowed to be noisy. Only until..."

I wave at the air in general as I meet the girls' gazes. Sakura would probably understand. Maybe Alex, too. Perhaps she feels the same, and that's why she bundled up. Did she want to avoid it as well?

"Y'know. Gotta get used to it."

The feeling of thirty pairs of eyes on you. Unwelcome stares, filled with unknowable feelings. It's disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I don't want people staring at me like that. Not as I am now. Even though it'll probably never happen... it only needs to be once. Some stares, like stains and scars, don't come off easily.

But I'm sure nothing like that would happen here. Besides, we're all about the same age. Such doom and gloom thinking doesn't suit the situation.

"As for swimming... was thinking about just staying in uniform and playing with Tonkori," I confess, remembering my feelings from last time and why I'd chosen to refrain from swimming. "But then I figured, hey, everyone else is probably just as embarrassed walking around in swim suits, so maybe it's best to jump out of the comfort zone... so that's what I'm doing. Gathering up courage before jumping out there into an ocean of-"

I take a look at the mess going on the waters.

"-lion-piranhas, janitor-piranhas, plain-piranhas, Ubon-ranhas, and... oh no, Subaru... those piranhas are gonna eat you alive..."

She looks like she's in trouble.

I eye my scooter, delivered here in one piece by Cesarina. The button was already pressed, but it should still have plenty of power left with the normal motor, so maybe...

Hold on, Subaru. I'll be there soon! After I've had a really late lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "...hello?"
    "Oh, hey, Vivi!"

I wave the girl over.

There's so much I want to say. I want to tell you what I'm planning, and I want to tell you about Lucille and everyone else, and I want to tell you how it feels to be embarrassed truly embarrassed, but...

Instead, all I can do is this.

"Sorry we couldn't hang out more... Lucille had to tell me about something pretty important. And then I raised my hand and ended up in a band somehow, so there was no time after school. But! But, this food smells really good and I think Mr. Davin over here is fishing for compliments for it. Wanna have a bit? Everyone's pretty nice and calm over in this spot."

For now, at least, we can sit next to each other again.
    Last edited by Bloble; May 5th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.

Hisa Momoi

A shout.

I look up - knowing perfectly who exactly it was.

“Well...I certainly can’t yell that loud to answer.” I muttered to myself.

Not that I would, even if I could. It would be just embarrassing...Doesn’t he realize that everyone else can hear him too?

“Haah…” I sighed, then turned my attention back to my notebook.

Maybe I should just go have fun with him...I want to. But there are so many people in the water, probably even more soon…

I frowned.

Being around so many people was just...exhausting. Especially Ubon. A shame...Since he was like the complete opposite. He loves being in the spotlight and be surrounded by people.

But it’s hard for me to constantly do the same.

Well...I have to finish this anyways...besides, the party is still far from over.

I flipped a page, and started writing again.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Yo, Keany, you want anything from the grill before I park myself over there? You know how I am."
    The silver-haired boy, who had just set down the sound equipment he had been carrying, snorted and wiped his forehead with his hand. He then turned around and took a look at the blonde girl who had asked that question... and for a moment, a frown of sorts appeared on his face. Grumbling something underneath his breath, the boy averted his gaze, staring quite intently towards the ocean instead of the girl before him... almost like had had hard time doing the latter thing.

... Was he embarrassed?

Still, a slightly sarcastic grin rose to his face.

"Well... if you can tear your eyes off the 'meat' on display there, get me a hot dog and a few chicken wings. Drumming's hard work. Oh, and some water melon, too."

Meanwhile, Inacio had been setting up an extra speaker together with Mr. Hatou - the ridiculous amount of muscle disguised as a teacher laughing loudly about something while they did so. Apparently the extra had been a request from Prushka, who had spoken something about a ghost and how they deserved music too. Apparently, both the Lusitanian and the teacher found this somewhat amusing, but decided to humour the small girl's request nevertheless.

Still, once they were done, the younger man turned towards Kean and Elaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "What about you, Inacio? Least I can do for the hard working boys."
    The musician put a finger to his lips, thinking for a moment.

"Hmm... how about some meat skewers? Oh, and a soda would be much appreciated."

The guitarist returned Elaine's wink, and judging from his relaxed posture, he didn't have similar troubles as Kean when it came to interacting with the blonde.

"Just don't forget to get something for yourself, too," Inacio added with a smile. "You've been just as hard at work as the rest of us. Not to mention you looked slightly... woozy, after you got out of the car.

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Hey Aleen, Caleb, and… oh what is this little one’s name?”
    Vier might have expected a proper response to her question as she approached the tiny group... but then again, knowing what had happened last time, it might have been a fool's hope. Indeed, even now, Aleen was practically rolling around in the sand, petting the dog and scratching her behind the ears, spoiling the animal absolutely rotten. Tonkori, on the other hand, seemed to be in proper heaven, its tongue lolling out and all of its tiny legs pointed towards the sky, the furry stomach completely exposed to Aleen's hands. And the bluehead herself... well, she looked like she hadn't even realized Vier had arrived there. In other words, Aleen's attention was completely on the dog.

"Who's a good girl~? Oh yes you are, oh yes you are~! You're the bestest girl in the whole wide woooorld~!"

Rest of Aleen's words devolved into incomprehensible baby talk.

Luckily enough, the second member of the small group hadn't succumbed to the dog's cuteness. Caleb was sitting on his backpack, a large sketchbook on his laps. In both hands, the artist had an assortment of colourful pens - ones that he had used to start making sketches of the beach scenery, the sun and the sky and the ocean. It was only when Vier had spoken out that he had snapped out of his focus. At first, he wore his usual impassive face, but when the newcomer turned out to be Vier, a smile graced the rose-haired artist's lip.

He made a vague gesture of greeting with his right hand, holding a pen between each finger.

"Ah, welcome. Did your band practice end? Good work out there."

Rare words that could almost be thought as a compliment flowed out of the artist's mouth. Perhaps it was the beach itself that had gotten him into a mood somewhat better than usual, or perhaps he had gained some more respect for Vier after she had volunteered for the band. Nevertheless, it wasn't an unwelcome surprise. The boy had even removed his trademark hat, which showed just how "off-duty" he was being at the moment.

"Did you get food already?" Caleb asked, returning his attention to the drawing. "I'm afraid Aleen is... out of it. She might not calm down for a moment."

While speaking this and that, mostly just making small-talk, Caleb frowned at his own drawing... almost as if something was missing from it. Then, the glimmer of an idea suddenly shone in his eyes, and the boy turned his attention back to Vier. His eyes scanned the girl from head to those, and for some reason, the artist looked rather satisfied.

"Say..."

Caleb started.

"... Have you ever wanted to be a model?"

Colt Davin, Prushka, Alexstrasza Lockhart & Vivienne Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Cesarina, do you think it could go faster? I, personally, think it could go faster. A demon in the skies, a terror carving through concrete, yes. That is the sort of monster a dragon must be, is it not?"
    "Buuuuuut... If you promise that none of what's in there is gonna show up in a Feroce product later... I might let you have a closer look at the other button. If I feel like it. Because yes, Lockhart. It can definitely go faster."
    Cesarina Feroce looked like she was about to practically explode from excitement.

"E-even faster... then, with the right modifications, with a stabilizer and hovercraft modifications, it would make for a perfect beach-day vehicle, not to mention... not to mention..." Cesarina mumbled, suddenly dropping to the sand and starting to draw complex-looking schematics on it with her mere finger. "... Not to mention... wings..."

Suddenly, this sounded very dangerous.

“Have a seat and get something to eat, Shrimp. Otherwise you’ll never grow. Some people slaved over a cool beach to prepare all this. And besides, you have to get through the main course to get to…”
    "That's not fair! Why I ought to be chewing you out for daring to call me 'shrimp' just now, Mr. Davin, but... You're absolutely right, both of you! I made a beeline for here 'cus I was hungry as heck!"
    Those words were like the starting pistol for Sakura Tsukioka, who immediately grabbed one of the paper plates and started filling it up for food meant for Prushka. Lots of food. Way too much food. She even jumped up from her seat and dashed over to Souma's grill to get some meat, and then arrived back just in time to hear that Prushka was still talking.

Talking about things that made the brunette cock an eyebrow.

"But as much as I wanna just stuff myself to the brim with all this tasty looking food made by the lovey-dovey pair of master chefs shamelessly sitting in front me, waiting to see their master creation fill the stomachs it was destined for... and as much as I wanna offer you two a bunch of oohs and aahs and flowery phrases like 'it's like the taste of heaven' and 'I would eat this out of a shoe', I can't! Only a bite or two. Just enough to quiet this thing down. Gonna be singing - well, trying to sing later, so it's not allowed to be noisy. Only until... Y'know. Gotta get used to it."
    "Oh~?"

There was a clear bit of danger in Sakura Tsukioka's voice suddenly, as she put the plate in front of Prushka. Afterwards, she remained close, leaning against Colt by using his head as an armrest. That impish aura of teasing was still there, but thanks to Prushka, a tint of darkness had appeared to it... darkness that had taken that sweet smile of hers.

"Well, that's too bad~. After all, kids who don't clean their plates don't get to eat either the pie or the ice cream I had stashed away~," Sakura cooed at Prushka. "After all, we lovey-dovey chefs worked so hard for all of this, it would really break our hearts if people didn't enjoy the food to their hearts content~. In fact, it might even make me so sad I won't be making my specialty snacks at the bonfire later tonight~"

The brunette sniffed theatrically, before peering down at the boy she was leaning on, and flashing him a teasing grin.

"Isn't that right, darling~?"

She punctuated this all with a little giggle, and tousling the boy's hair for a good measure.

"As for swimming... was thinking about just staying in uniform and playing with Tonkori. But then I figured, hey, everyone else is probably just as embarrassed walking around in swim suits, so maybe it's best to jump out of the comfort zone... so that's what I'm doing. Gathering up courage before jumping out there into an ocean of... lion-piranhas, janitor-piranhas, plain-piranhas, Ubon-ranhas, and... oh no, Subaru... those piranhas are gonna eat you alive..."
    Cesarina, who heard this, looked up from her sand-drawings, gave Prushka's swimsuit a once over with her eyes, and then flashed her double thumbs up with a wide grin.

"Oh, do not worry, Prushka! You have nothing to be embarrassed about!" the Italian heiress exclaimed. "In fact, you look downright cute in that swimsuit! Do you not agree, Zaza? Besides, if you want to get rowdy at the beach, what better outfit is there to wear?"

Cesarina's words carried a certain weight, considering she was currently half-covered in sand herself.

Surprisingly enough, this part of the conversation also caught the attention of Alex Terrot, who had been quietly eating her food. She smiled calmly at Prushka, giving her an acknowledging nod.

"Steps like that are the first ones towards bravery," the French girl said with that deep voice of hers. "And I do agree with Mademoiselle Feroce - you do look very cute in it. You should be proud of yourself."

Sakura nodded in agreement, giggling and grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Wait, when had a can of beer appeared onto her hands? A can that she was now drinking from?

"Mm~hm! Little Prushka looks very cute!" the brunette teased, enjoying this counterattack. "In fact, doesn't she look almost like she's ready to hunt for some lovey-dovey moments herself? How daring~!"

That impish grin couldn't have been any wider.

--- Thus, perhaps it was good that at that point, Vivienne Bianchi decided to join the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "...hello?"
    "Oh, hey, Vivi! Sorry we couldn't hang out more... Lucille had to tell me about something pretty important. And then I raised my hand and ended up in a band somehow, so there was no time after school. But! But, this food smells really good and I think Mr. Davin over here is fishing for compliments for it. Wanna have a bit? Everyone's pretty nice and calm over in this spot."
    All around the table, people greeted Vivienne and made some room for her to sit down as well. Her arrival seemed to have drawn some attention elsewhere too, because not too far away, the trio of Travis, Hwan and Souma seemed to have erupted in a hushed, hasty conversation, all the while stealing glances at Vivienne - Or rather, Hwan and Travis were. Souma, in his usual style, kept his cool and didn't seem that interested. Realizing what the boys were doing, Sakura rolled her eyes and mimed strangling them all to others.

However, the one person who seemed the most glad of Vivienne showing up, at least out of the original denizens of the picnic table, was Alex Terrot. A genuine hint of a smile rose to her face and she nodded in greeting.

"Ah, Mademoiselle Bianchi. Welcome. Has your day been well?" Alex asked.

--- Truly, the biggest gentleman out of this whole group, as usual.

Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "I have my own love for the sea after all, so I meant to do a bit of sea-gaze thinking over here in this area myself... I apologize if I struck a nerve, but please feel free to ignore me if my existence bothers you. Doing so will not bother me."
    The moment was gone.

The sun was normal.

For a moment, the world had been different, but now... it was back to the beach that Liana remembered. Indeed, perhaps it all had been nothing but a trick of her mind, and of those burning eyes that Xylia had. Nevertheless, while that moment might have been just an illusion and a mirage, Xylia's ire... certainly wasn't. She looked at Liana like she had been excrement under her nose, and frowned even harder when the taller girl parked herself at the water's edge as well.

"Yer lanky ass bothers me just by bein' there, so scram! Ya got this whole wide beach to be 'deep' and 'poetic' on, so the hell are ya doin', parkin' over here!" Xylia grumbled, taking steps away from Liana in disgust. "I'm not interested in bein' witness to ya schlickin' to the sea or cuttin' yer wrists or whatever fucked up thing yer into, so get lost."

Well, that attitude made it clear.

Xylia Pheme had no desire whatsoever to share her space with Liana Skye. If anything, she was most likely only resorting to verbal abuse because of the situation she was in. Were there large rocks on the beach, she would have quite probably started throwing those already. Such was the amount of contempt that the girl had in her eyes towards Liana and everyone else around her. Indeed, she didn't seem to make a distinction who her hatred was aimed against. She just shot it wildly around her, without care who she hit.

"Or better yet, just walk into yer sea and start drownin' already," Xylia spat as an addition. "'Cause if ya don't, I might do just that myself."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; May 5th, 2020 at 01:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

"Hmh? Oh, are you drawing something?"

Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke out much closer than it had been before, and a familiar shadow fell over Hisa. There, having jogged over from where he had been previously with the others, was Pyry... dripping ocean water, hair completely wet and dressed in nothing but his swimming trunks. The boy had his hands on his hips, a wide grin on his face, and a playful glint in his eyes. From the looks of it, despite the serious things that had been talked about earlier today, the atmosphere here at the beach party had gotten to him too, and now he was like an overly excited cat.

Chuckling a bit to himself, the boy took few more steps closer over to the sand, and leaned over Hisa, trying to peer at her notebook and what she was scribbling. Of course, the fact that he was dripping with water made this quite bothersome, as he was now getting it all over the girl.

"Come on~, the water's surprisingly nice! At least compared to the north!" Pyry said with a grin. "And if you're worried 'bout getting cold, all you gotta do is keep moving! That way you won't catch a cold. Besides, there's that big bonfire over there if we wanna warm up afterwards, before the gig!"

... Perhaps the atmosphere had gotten to the boy a bit too much.

After all, now he looked like he wanted to drag Hisa out to the sea even if she had protested against it. Indeed, that mischievous glint in his eyes promised nothing good, as when a person of Pyry's size would get playful, they could hardly be stopped by anyone.

And even the boy seemed to realize this, because suddenly, he lifted his hands up like two pairs of claws, and wiggled his fingers menacingly.

All the while a mock-dangerous "Ufufufu~" echoed from his lips.

"I'll give you that airlift~, make it a proper space shot~" the boy chuckled, leaning closer and closer. "Or heck, maybe I should drag you there after lowering those defenses~!"

Wait, why was he looking at her sides like that?

Was this... was this boy planning on disarming her by tickling!?

Hisa Momoi

“H-hey, w-what---” I uttered while squirming and trying to hold back my laughter, “what do y-you think you are d-doiiing---”

My skin was very sensitive to cold, heat, and other sensations - so naturally, having it tickled, especially around certain areas, had a rather strong effect as well.

Giggling and writhing uncontrollably, I tried to escape from the torture of those big and strong arms - but it became quite obvious that I was powerless, and it would not stop until he decided to stop.

Luckily, that seemed to be the case - at least momentarily.

“Haah...wha…”

Lying on the ground, I needed a few moments to catch my breath, and be able to talk again.

“That was...unfair,” I said finally, “Still...it’s not so much about the water, even if it really is quite cold.”

I leaned up, then pushed the hair - that got all messed up because of previous events - out of my eyes.

“I’m not a people’s person, you know. I’ve lived half of my life away from society, and the other half being hated by it for what I am. I’m too self conscious, and having to deal with lots of people at the same time…” I said as I gazed towards the colorful figures in the distance playing in the ocean, “Especially when they are so hyper, is exhausting. I’m trying, but it drains me emotionally.”

I looked away, feeling slightly embarrassed for having to talk about something like this.

Fidgeting quietly for a moment, I put the notebook back into my bag, since it seemed like it was inevitably going to get wet otherwise.

“Especially not after what happened. It’s not that easy to just...switch back into normal gear, you know. I want to have fun...But I’d just end up being a downer in such a crowd. There’s no enjoyment in that, not for me, not for anyone else.”

Elaine Winters

Hmmm~?

Ocean pretty interesting there, Keany? You seem to be looking at it pretty intently, trying to look for fish~?

Haha.

"A buffet's no good if you don't pace yourself, y'know~! Can't just try to take it all at once, gotta plan out, strategize, try not to hyper-focus on one thing!"

Indeed, indeed. There was a large variety of meats available, there was no need to over-commit to one area, even if it was spectacularly appetizing, lest it end up causing difficulty.

Right then, a 'dog, some wings, skewers, soda and some watermelon.

Plus whatever I'm gettin.

"Don't worry about me so much, Inacio, I just get car-sick when I'm not behind the wheel."

Brings up bad memories.

Best be off then, the grill's looking a little empty aside from the three fellas, so it's a good opportunity to get in there and get what I want.

I padded off through the sand, making sure to add a little sashaying to my movement in the beginning before letting it go with a cheerful cackle.

The bonfire had already begun burning brightly in the slowly setting sunshine, my brief acquaintance from the previous(?) day, one Gabi Bahkauv, standing close by, seemingly content in his solitude.

I offered him a friendly greeting as I passed by, careful not to be too overwhelming.

My smile faltered, however, when I laid eyes upon the lamia.

My chest ached in remembered pain, and I brought my hand up to rub at my mouth.

I was trying to put it behind me.

I was trying to press forward, leaving what happened in the future not yet come, I had begun to manage such a thing with Sakura, the Inquisitor, the executioner, as she called herself.

I suppose it was partly due to the relieving of my own guilt.

But with the Lamia, no, with Ramia Ramalsaqr...

I still felt anger at the very sight of her.

To spit on my pride, rub my failures in my face, use me to motivate John to give up something clearly important to him...

And being a large contributor to my own death.

Was it wrong, to feel this way? To feel such hatred and anger towards someone who had done nothing (yet) to you? To someone who, before Sunday morning, had been perfectly content to trade stories about a vagabond lifestyle in the passenger's seat of my own car?

The car she destroyed, that I had been given as a gift from my father, one of the few he could give.

Another thing taken from me...

And then to have the gall, the temerity to stand there and try and put it behind you, to just try and patch me up as I lay there, bleeding and begging for answers.

Answers that did not come.

Was it wrong of me, then? To blame someone for actions not taken? To feel anger and rage at injustices that had not occurred?

Did I desire her death?

I didn't know.

Was I angry at John, having called forth my own murderer? Did I venture away from the field as I did the week prior to avoid him?

I didn't know.

I had been standing around, pretending the whole day, pretending to blissfully remember nothing, to make nice with a murderer who had deemed me a threat to be killed for the good of all. To cheerfully tease and joke with her tearful mistress, who may have killed me just as mercilessly?

It made me tired.

So for a moment, there in the fading sunshine, I allowed myself to feel my exhaustion for a moment.

Only a moment.

Then I cloaked myself in my deceptions and hopes and pressed forward towards the grill, towards the hungers that I felt in my gut.

The hunger that would never truly be sated, because I would not let myself take my fill.

What a bother this all was.

"Hey-hey, cookie! How's the grilling going? I got an order for some workin' men back on the stage, plus me, but that can wait."

I grinned cheerily, affecting a meat-headed affability, which, to be fair, was easy and natural to slip into.

"Couple of plates, got a Dog and some wings with a bit of watermelon on one, an' then some skewers and soda with the other, if ya please."

I turned my attention to the pair I'd not spoken to, the two I recalled playing that shotgun-game with Kean on Saturday.

Travis Gangon, the brusque and thuggish Canadian who'd warmed at the sight of Seventeen, easily bonding with the girl.

Hwan Bin, the Korean who I knew little about, but was (I distantly recalled) pleased at my fireworks and familiar enough with eastern languages to form a rudimentary communication with the Formosan-speaking girl.

"So what are you three plotting over here, besides ogling pretty girls? Having a sausage party?"

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

The ramblings of Caesarina caught Vivienne's attention, enough to have her comment on the rather... bold ambitions she had to upgrade Prushka's scooter:

"Wouldn't it be better... if you just made it... a helicopter? For a plane... more inconvenient... to take off... and land..."

It was a logical suggestion from the looks of it, but it was still an extremely... over-innovative one, it could be argued. But then, Caesarina Feroce seemed like the mad scientist type, thus shooting her back down to reality wasn't really going to be interesting nor pleasant for anyone. Helping her reach new heights of madness was perhaps the way -- she seemed like the kind of person in hindsight to work body and soul on a project for one day, then forget about it on the next and find herself something new to experiment on....

... back to reality for now:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Terrot
    "Ah, Mademoiselle Bianchi. Welcome. Has your day been well?"

"Good day so far..."

She nods at Alex and approaches the young french lady's seat. For Alex, they hadn't seen each other in person since 'yesterday', but for Vivienne, it might as well have been an entire week. Yes... in fact, during that 'previous' week, this was the last time when she had spoken to Alex in person. Afterwards it was trailing after a ghost, running in the wake of clues and mysteries she had uncovered, answers that only lead to more questions.

The last time they talked, they had addressed Vivienne's unease with the lighthouse. Ramia had even mentioned how she was willing to teach Vivienne on how to shoot. To hold a pistol and act just like a bond girl, it was reliving a memory of a dream long gone, wasn't it? Yes, there were so many plans, yet none of them had come to fruition. Perhaps this time, she should initiate the conversation by asking about Alex herself.

"What about... Miss Terrot? Discovered... new things.. for your story... Le Monde?"

How much of what she knew previously had Alex Terrot already found out? How deep inside the rabbit role was she? She had said she wanted to tell an interesting story, but in the end, her story would have reached no one... and may once more find no audience if things went the same way.

"Very mysterious... town... many strange places..."

Did Alex Terrot remember the events from before, like some others she had met, Vivienne had to wonder... maybe not... she seemed like the kind of person who if she had the memory of what had occurred, wouldn't even have bothered coming to such a party. Speaking of the party, Alex Terrot was not the only person here, the other too, were people she should talk to.

"Sorry we couldn't hang out more... Lucille had to tell me about something pretty important. And then I raised my hand and ended up in a band somehow, so there was no time after school. But! But, this food smells really good and I think Mr. Davin over here is fishing for compliments for it. Wanna have a bit? Everyone's pretty nice and calm over in this spot."

"It's okay... I went to... talk with Elise... and Hisa..."

Vivienne looked at Prushka for a moment. She could convey no words with her emotionless gaze, but with how she lingered the eye-to-eye contact, Prushka could perhaps assume that Vivienne was trying to convey that whatever was discussed with Elise and Hisa, it was 'serious' matters, probably things related to 'last' week.

What kind of trouble had Prushka gotten herself in anyways? There was some sort of invisible tension building up between her and Sakura (T), so perhaps it was best to dispel it.

"...Miss Tsukioka... I can help... food not go to waste..."

An offer of assistance for an ally in time of need. Of course, eating too much and getting fat would do her no good... but if she could help alleviate Prushka's load then having Prushka owe her a favor for later wouldn't be too bad. Maybe have her help with some money again... since even though they had gone back to the beginning, that still did not fix the problem of their being no beep bop machine in Road's End...

But it wasn't the time to talk about these things in depth. Rather, the focus of the discussion appeared to be the food... a focus which was perhaps best diverted to something else.

"Miss Tsukioka... why... the beach?"

Why had she chosen the beach indeed? Why not a picnic on some more scenic place, or perhaps an outing in the forest? Going camping in a weather like this would make much more sense than going to the seaside, at least that is what logic would normally dictate. But different people think differently, so understanding Sakura (T)'s thought process would prove valuable here.

"... sorry if strange... I am... curious... but thank you... for organizing this... and you... Mister Davin... for helping her cook..."

Colt Davin... was there some sort of relation to Colt Barrett? What did her 'killer' even mean when he told her to blame that name? Colt and Barrett were two famous firearms manufacturers... but what kind of person had one as their name and the other as a surname? Perhaps it was a code name instead.

At any rate, Colt Davin, unlike that nameless gunslinger, seemed very normal. He was sharing his personal space with Sakura Tsukioka... which could only mean that either the two had become an item, or were on a journey to see wherever that was possible or not. Would this turn out to be a romantic comedy, or a romantic drama? Perhaps both, life had a bit of all flavours after all. But... to think that all of this would be undone if once again, the 'last' week repeated itself. It was another motivation to make sure that this time, Vivienne got it right. No, being successful herself wasn't enough, a combined effort was required. But how to get everyone involved, without throwing everything into chaos, was the biggest of all questions.

"Are you two... happy? How was... cooking... working together?"

Vivienne Bianchi
    07.09.1994 (WED)Evening Phase
    Clear Skies
    End's Beach - Picnic Tables
    Last edited by Ayakashi; May 5th, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Date: 07.09.1994

Oh, so this time he is being called in a completely ordinary, if loud manner. That makes this iteration objectively better. Because he might as well, John backstrokes his way to the group, albeit taking his sweet time. He is in absolutely no hurry.

“…if I hurry everywhere I go, I will never get to enjoy the trip,” he gives an explanation absolutely nobody asked for upon reaching close enough to the group. “Good evening, Elise Marie. My sympathies for your burden. Ubon, you are supposed to have the water carry you, not your classmate.”

Of course, John’s manners extend to Pyry.

“Hello, Pyry. As ever, you look like bullets would bounce off that body of yours. It’s almost scary.”

It is probably a good thing this time that John’s sense of self is warped; therefore, he lacks a proper self-esteem that would be threatened by the Finnish exemplar.

Then, he realizes the additional person. Perhaps because of the unexpected features normally hidden beneath his simple garb, it takes John a moment longer than the usual to recognize him.

“…good evening, Mr. Briggs. I have been wrong plenty of times before, but I am confident you are not a Pinefall student.”

There is absolutely no ill will in those words, of course. He honestly could not care less that the janitor has joined the party. The choice of words remains rather poor nevertheless. He has a long way to go, John Dove.

Something he does notice, though, is Hisa Momoi’s conspicuous absence and Pyry’s following efforts to grab her attention. Perhaps the girl does not like big groups. Perhaps she wants to monopolize a certain someone’s attention. Do your best, Miss Momoi. Although, it seems Pyry will get you in the water whether you like it or not.

John does wonder as to whether that is a good idea, if only for a moment. He does not care enough.

“Now, that I think about it,” he muses loud enough for everybody to hear. “Just this morning I got the answer to an idle question that kept bothering me.”

After saying that, he turns to the Ubon who has the higher “ground”.

“You address people by diminutives; that is how I ended up as ‘Johnnie’. So I kept wondering: how would you address Hisa Momoi?”

He brings a hand to his chin in a mock-thinking pose.

“Hissie? Or Mommie?”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cesarina Feroce looked like she was about to practically explode from excitement.

"E-even faster... then, with the right modifications, with a stabilizer and hovercraft modifications, it would make for a perfect beach-day vehicle, not to mention... not to mention..."
    It was good to know people who understood such an obvious mindset. Naturally, I have come to a realization. I would share it, but it is perhaps... not the best idea, yes?

I am surrounded by those who could possibly be, but are not assuredly, involved in the turnside of the world. But magic is indistinguishable from technology. They come from the same root, the same idea - control over nature. Dominance over a concept. Movement, quality of life, access - these are the same through two worlds. Technology is a way to demonstrate, for this abnormal world, the height they stand over others. The same way that I would use my spells to show the difference between myself and a lower class of sorceror, technology can be used to show the differences in ability between two people.

I, who cannot even turn on the television, am inferior to even the likes of Prushka. It's a humbling thing, I've learned today.

While I was musing, there was a disturbing amount of mysterious things flying around this table. Such as Sakura's intriguing way of speaking - perhaps that advice I had given her had taken root? I approved immensely - while romantic entanglements were not something I would ever deign to involve myself in, other people were free to embarrass themselves in public for others amusements all they liked. I had not expected Sakura to fall so quickly into it though.

Love truly is a monstrous sort of thing.

"Oh, do not worry, Prushka! You have nothing to be embarrassed about! In fact, you look downright cute in that swimsuit! Do you not agree, Zaza? Besides, if you want to get rowdy at the beach, what better outfit is there to wear?"
    "It is a look most befitting of a girl who can ride such a mighty beast," I said seriously, nodding at Prushka with respect. "Such a creature's ruler would deserve respect. If Prushka desires to become mischievous, or perhaps even dangerous, I would be most happy to aid her in 'getting rowdy'."

I have a lot to learn about pretending to be human. I also have a lot to learn about what it really means - is it death, like my Executioner declared? Is it life, like I think it is? Or is it something in between, some strange mix of despair with bliss that doesn't really add up to much in the end? What does it mean to be 'alive'? Then again, what does it mean to be dead? Till death do we part, it is said Executioner, and yet I am not dead, yet somehow parted from you. It still intrigues me, even if I wish to let it go, what your thoughts are. Even something as simple as a 'it was an honest mistake"; as embarrassing as it would be for me to die because of mistake, would be more then enough to spark a rousing debate about life's own meaning, would it not?

"Wouldn't it be better... if you just made it... a helicopter? For a plane... more inconvenient... to take off... and land..."
    "I am sorry, but I refuse, Miss Bianchi," I said to the girl with a bright smile still crossing my face. It felt infectious, like a thing that was meant to be there, instead of a thing I put on there. It's strange, it's strange. I don't understand it all too well, why I feel so... at peace? Serene? I don't feel like myself, and yet I feel more like myself then ever. "A plane can fly, but can it pierce through the night at such monstrous speeds? Can it achieve lift-off in spite of not having wings? And most importantly, can it be, allegedly, folded in half for compact transportation? I do not believe so."

Vivienne Bianchi is an interesting person, but what she suggests is absurd. The convenience of such a creation is what makes it so beautiful, and grants it a strength unparalleled by anything else I've seen in this world viewed right-side up. I'm intrigued, and yet horrified by it - the similarities to the turnside, and yet the differences are so many they make me dizzy. Was there a class on this sort of thing? Had I chosen not take it because it didn't focus on magic? My sins are once more, coming back to haunt me it seems. I am haunted by the beauties and wonders of something as beautiful, yet terrifying, as magic. To me, magic is something as common as the air that others breathe. To understand how this side of the world works... its like an entirely different skill. It's sending chills of excitement up my spine, just thinking about it. Is it better then magic? Of course not, how absurd. Can technology create a dragon? Can technology forge shadow into form? Can technology make my blood pretend to move, my heart pretend to beat?

Ridiculous. Such things are impossible, even for God. The way the world works is this - God made man. Man made technology. Magic is entirely outside of the equation; not only men wield it, let alone understand it. To understand magic is to understand the world, the essence of reality itself and how it works. There are rules, requirements, and equations that explain bits and pieces, but the overall picture is as vast as God's own designs. How can one hope to understand magic, if one does not understand God? Did God not create magic? For I've heard many stories, many myths, and many legends. And yet, some of them speak of magic as a constant, as an underlying construct of reality as important as 'gravity'. What is the difference, between magic and technology? What does it mean to 'control' versus 'conquer'? I'm interested. I'm more interested in anything then I've been intrigued by in a fair amount of time. I want to understand it, this concept of 'mankind'. But of course, your opinions may differ.

"It is, however, a most clear night. Why, a scant week ago I could swear I was staring up at the same sky!"

Ahh. I do enjoy a small jest, every now and then.
    Last edited by Frantic Author; May 5th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.