Page 152 of 244 FirstFirst ... 52102142147150151152153154157162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Ah yes... the more that man showed his personality the more he gravitated towards being an animal-like individual. Ahti was a proponent of the classical rules of natures, where the strong rule and the weak cower... there has always been a degree of merit to that way of life indeed, for after all it was born out not of sentimentality or even logic, but by the most basic instincts of every single living being -- alas, such an approach does not take into account the sociological aspects of human life, which can lead those who choose such a way to look like conceited buffoons...

... albeit he is attempting to emulate the alpha pack image, thus his soul is already in the wild, far away from the kindness of civilization. No one must have ever been nice to him, what a sad person. If he hailed from a lineage with a particularly thick bloodline too well... that would explain his current behavior. Traditional mages were quite often some of the worst people to have a civil conversation with.

Now what to do with this barking, wounded animal that was trying to ascertain dominance over two harmless girls?

Getting in a fight with him wasn't exactly conducive to anything... but then... should she really let someone like this run amok? Do people like him even pay pack favors?

"You call yourself... Ahti? My name... is Vivienne Bianchi..."

She could have used her other name, the one that she gave Fyrtio back at the cabin, but Prushka had already blabbered Vivienne's nickname, thus that had cut a few options from her...

"I too, am not a threat... just a hired footstool..."

In a sense that wasn't a lie. She was asked to come first to fly Prushka up to the second floor...
    Last edited by Ayakashi; August 7th, 2020 at 09:28 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

[“H-hey, I didn’t do it just to test which one is better!”] I countered, [“We were having a shower together with Ubon, so it was inevitable…”]

It was almost too hard to resist teasing Pyry even further by projecting a slightly blurry, steamy image of the morning shower.

[“We touched each other a lot with Angie as well.”]

I took a long, suggestive pause so that he could draw whatever conclusion his mind could make up out of that.

In the meantime…

“McLampets…”

Tapping my lip with a single finger, I tried to collect my thoughts regarding that topic. There’s been quite a few pieces from here and there, but things were perhaps still too vague to really reach a proper conclusion.

[“To wash each other, that is. I mentioned how we had this hot spring where we always bathed, didn’t I?”]

“Well, I heard a thing or two about them, but not sure about the credibility of the information. Maybe you could fill in the holes?”

Fill in the holes.

Haha.

A weak attempt of a counterattack from Pyry follows, but if he expects to embarrass me with that much then he should know better.

[“Well, this is implying that you’re a man enough to come and touch it,”] I replied as I projected a quiet giggling along with my words, [“My guess is that you’d die from embarrassment before your hand even reached.”]

“Ehum,” I suppressed the laugh that I was about to burst into with a cough, “I know that there was some shady relation between some homicide cases and Howard McLampet getting the logging rights in 1947. Something about the Disembodied Man killing the rest of the Klallam people.”

Well, the rest except for one who was still supposed to be around.

“Then, that he had four children...And that in 1971 Aaron escaped the city, in 1974 Elena died in a car crash, and in 1981 Elias disappeared into the woods. Elias’ wife, Josie and their daughter survived, and she is considered to be the heiress, which makes me assume that the last child of Howard died as well somehow…”

I purposefully left out the part about their hearts being liquefied and other small details, since those likely weren’t too relevant when discussing things with an ordinary person.

“There was something about the girl being cursed too? A vampire, or something?”

The case of the girl in blue...Jake could be considered a local, and it was a sensitive topic that had to be treated carefully among locals, but...Jake is still a bit different from most of the townsfolk, isn’t he?

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Prushka & Vivienne Bianchi

"Hah. So a footstool after all. Alright 'Vivienne', I'll buy that you're not a threat... for now," Ahti said with a dry smirk, eyeing the quiet girl up and down. "After all, if you were, you wouldn't let a loudmouthed Imp like this boss you around - you'd have some semblance of self-respect, what with being the clear alpha of you two. Stature, looks, power, readiness to kill... you're leagues above her in all and yet you're letting her boss you around. You're a footstool alright."

That smirk told it all.

Ahti didn't believe for a second that Vivienne wasn't a possible threat.

But he was willing to play along... for now.

"Let's keep it at that."

With that, and still gripping the strange syringe he had in his hands, Ahti then turned his attention towards Prushka. His expression changed, and that smirk from his face disappeared. Instead, it was replaced by something cold - annoyance or frustration, it was hard to tell. What was easy to tell, however, that he hadn't appreciated Prushka's earlier tirade. The tint of anger in that single, ice blue eye made that very clear.

"As for you, Imp, leave that philosophy outside. I don't care what you think is strong and what not. You can try to make it about morals and ideologies, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that even as wounded I am, I can still wring that tiny little neck of yours, while you can't mine. Physical power. Simple as that. That's why I'm leaving you alive - because you can't kill me," Ahti said, sense of finality in his voice. "And what comes to my swords, well... heh... hard to get blood on your swords when you're fighting something that doesn't physically exist. But yeah, sure, go ahead and try your sass at that mercurial knight - see how far it gets you."

A momentary silence.

Then... a sigh.

"... Whatever. I can exchange some information for that food and this medicine, though..." He glared at the syringe and the needle attached to it, hard. "--- The hell is this supposed to work? Am I just supposed to stab myself with this? Where? Heart?"

The ice blue eye turned to the two girls.

"Do you two chuckleheads know?"

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “There was something about the girl being cursed too? A vampire, or something?”
    Jake let out a low whistle, lifting his eyebrows while clearly impressed.

"Well, you know pretty much the bullet points, dudette. Couldn't have summarized it better myself," the janitor said with a slight grin. "Though I dunno about the heiress being a vampire. I mean, I can see where the rumours come from, but I doubt we're dealing with anything fantastical. People just say that about her and her mother, since they rarely come out before the sun goes down - and the girl doesn't come out all. Makes them look like a couple pale lords hiding in their darkened mansion, which fuels the rumours, you see."

As if to mimic the so called vampires, Jake shielded his face with his arm like he was holding a fancy black cloak and had bats flying about him. The look was so dorky that both Ru and Gradient snorted in laughter, the latter giggling in her own weird way. Meanwhile Pyry would have probably shared a chuckle or two about that silly sight, but at the moment, he was too occupied being beet red in his face and grumbling Finnish curses under his breath.

[Yeah yeah, yuck it up and keep laughing. If you keep this up I'm gonna do something that'll get us both in trouble...]

For some reason, the tone that Pyry's thoughts came in was slightly worrisome - like he was planning on something very stupid just for the sake of petty revenge after being embarrassed so thoroughly.

"But to elaborate a little... I guess, first of all, there's the whole deal with how the head of the McLampet family died back some thirty years ago," Jake began. "See, Howard McLampet wasn't the type of guy to drop dead from just out of nowhere. He was a big dude, full of life. If you visit Owl's Nest, you'll get what I mean. Him and Mr. Halloway were two-of-a-kind. Anyways, one day the town just got the news that Ol' Howard had died after falling of a fishing boat out on the sea. No body, no nothing. And he was a pretty damn good swimmer, too. What makes it weirder is the fact that the one with him that time was, well, none other than his good buddy James Halloway. You can bet that soured the relationship between those two families. Howard's daughter even claimed he killed him."

Lazily, the janitor fished out yet another can of coke from his mini-fridge and snapped it open, taking a long and tasteful sip from it and enjoying the fizzy taste. Once he was done, he set the can on the table and turned his attention back to Hisa.

There was a mask of reminiscence on Jake's face as he continued.

Meanwhile, Pyry flashed a slightly smug look into Hisa's direction discreetly.

[After all, you ain't the only one whose been touching with Ange!]

"So, old Howard McLampet dies and the family fortune goes to crap. The workers try their best, but the saw mill ain't just functioning like it used to," he explained. "That's the time most of the families moved out of here... except, some didn't. See, some of the workers there, family men supporting their wives and kids, just up and disappeared. No hide no hair was seen of them almost like the earth had swallowed them. That's when some old folks in this town started saying that 'The woods took them' and told others to leave well enough alone. You can imagine that sorta thing got even more workers spooked and they packed their bags and left. Made Road's End into a nigh ghost town in about ten years."

Just one look at the town itself was enough to affirm what Jake was saying. It was quite likely that in twenty, thirty years, Road's End would be as empty as the abandoned section of the Pinefall Dormitory.

"The mill was gone and the McLampet family fought hard and dirty for the inheritance... but it never got settled and all fell to ruin. See, here's where those four siblings come up. Three brothers and one sister. Eldest brothers said 'screw it' and skipped town, claiming someone was after his life. The middle siblings, the daughter and the son, laughed until they wound up dead within one year of each other. Car accident and a medical complication thanks to surgery. The youngest son was poised to inherit it all... except he, too, went and disappeared. You can see the problem, right? Whoops, no one to inherit the lumber rights. Now the only things left are the rotting mill, the dark woods and the old McLampet mansion where the youngest sibling's widow and her daughter still live, holding onto hope that he'll return."

With a bit of a sad face, Jake took one swig from his can of cola, and sighed..

"... Not that anyone's seen the daughter in ages. Heck, even she might have gone and wandered off into the forest, never to return," Jake concluded the story. "Last time she was seen, she was just a year old babe. And that was fifteen years ago."

Meanwhile, a picture of something flashed from Pyry's mind.

Some sort of wooden room full of... sweat and steam?

[And it wasn't in a hot spring, either!]

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Date: 08.09.1994

"Letters! Nothing feels as wonderful as writing a letter to your loved ones, and getting a letter from home in return!" Sue exclaimed. "A phone call is quickly over after all, and can feel very impersonal. However, the emotions and feelings put to a letter stay there forever, and it stays with you even after you've read it the first time!"
    Has she ever had the need to write a letter before? Miss Popplewell’s advice seems sound, yet there is nothing that comes to mind for Lucille to write about. Her closest confidant is here with her, and the matter of her parents… Is there a point to writing letters to people who may never receive them? Perhaps it’s the sentiment that counts, but even thinking about that, Lucille felt she would never be sure what to send her parents, other than the bare basics of news.

Nevertheless, she takes her choice of stationery and envelope. The price of fibbing.

On the mention of the fabled book, End of the Road - Guide to the town of Road's End and its History, her attention perks up. John asks if there is only one copy, but Lucille’s memory distinctly has the thought of a failed printing run. That, and Miss Popplewell seemed to be talking about a specific copy in general.

“So? Are you looking for anything in particular, Miss Faraday?”
    “Maybe some medical supplies? Can’t hurt to be overprepared. And, um, a copy of one of those guide books would be lovely. Isn’t it easier to get to doing things with some direction?” Lucille answers John’s question in a very timid manner, carrying on those nonexistent feelings of homesickness and apprehension. She laid this character out for herself, and now she must lie in it.

It is then Elise makes her way in, cheerful as ever. Lucille wonders about the sort of business Elise has been up to in the interim, but there isn’t as if she could do much about it.

“It’s not a problem, but… We really can’t dawdle, Elise. Class is still happening, whether we like it or not.” The statement that comes out of her lips isn’t really a reprimand—more like empty words to fill air.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Simple maketh a tiny cut into thy fingertip or elsewhere so that we mayst acquire few droplets. Once that art done, I can taketh care of the rest - and we'll findeth out if thou hath ancestral blood of a mythic being flowing through thine veins!"

“Hmm, I guess this is the more sensible way of doing it.” Colt took the handle of the small knife, cracking a smile. Not at the prospect of cutting himself, nor at finding out that Tris wasn’t planning to bite him. But rather, there was something inherently comical about a girl talking the way she did wearing a pair of aviators. “Alright.”

The boy opened his left hand. Blade in his right, he eyed his fingertips, debating which to cut. With the time to think about it, it really was absurd that not long ago the skin on these hands was burnt to a crisp. Of course, he wasn’t excited to go putting any new wounds on his hands, but…

The memory of Pyry practically gouging out a chunk of his own flesh was almost too fresh to call a memory. After something like that, how could Colt shy away from a tiny little cut?

Colt winced. A tiny red streak appeared on Colt’s left pinky as he pressed the blade into it. After a few seconds droplets of blood began to slowly build up at the small cut, then fall to the ground.

“Truth be told, I sorta hope I come back as normal just as much as I think it’d be cool to get the ‘inhuman’ diagnosis.” Colt held his left hand out to Tris. “But I’m pretty sure I’m normal. Regular, plain Sally Jane Colt.”

Hisa Momoi

I scratch my chin while looking at Jake with a slightly confused expression.

“If no one has seen her...then how can you tell that she is even in there and just doesn’t come out?”

At that point, it’s nothing more than just a rumour, a wrong assumption.

“What if this so called heiress was here in Road’s End, among everyone in plain sight, ashamed, or afraid to assume her title?”

Well, it wasn’t really a ‘what if’. I was quite certain that it was exactly the case with Aleen, but it would have been rather irresponsible to just reveal that to anyone like this, especially without knowing more.

“Still, it’s certainly quite mysterious that all of them were just ‘removed’ from the equation like that, no?”

In the meantime…

[“...”]

I had a guess where Pyry was going. But I certainly didn’t want to believe that he would go there.

“Especially since some of the cases seem to have such...questionable circumstances.”

[“Listen, I know that I teased you but are you seriously going to show and tell the girl who likes you how you touched other girls?”]

I could feel my inner tone getting colder, and in a sense sad, and how the smile was wiped off my face as well. It was perhaps fortunate that the discussion with Jake drifted towards something more serious, so it didn’t feel too off at least.

[“I’m not teasing you so that I can hear about your conquests especially not with her, I’m just…”]

What was I even really trying to achieve with teasing him?

[“It’s just...not very delicate, you know.”]

“Definitely sounds like that Halloway person would be worth talking to. Anyways...you’re right, we should probably start getting ready for classes.”

I stretched a bit, then glanced at Jake again as another thought came to mind.

“By the way, if you ever want to read something new, I have quite a few books that might interest you. Mysteries and the likes.”

[I’m jealous enough especially of her that she got to experience those things with you. No need to rub it in my face, you know…]

Not waiting for a response, I severed the link. Even if I wanted to talk about it, it wasn’t something to be done over just thoughts.

With that done, I turned around, and started walking towards the door.

“Either way, guess we’ll see you later then. And thanks for your time.” I said without turning back, with one hand waving goodbye lazily.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Well, we shalt soon knoweth!"

Tris replied this with a grin and grabbed a hold of Colt's wrist. Without any warning or giving the boy any time to prepare, the girl then opened her mouth and popped Colt's wounded finger straight into her mouth - almost like it hadn't been anything stranger than shaking hands. For a half second, the boy could feel the rough surface of the girl's tongue as she licked the droplets of blood that had formed, expertly taking them for herself. And then it was over, just as fast as it had happened. Colt's hand was free, and the tip of his finger felt somewhat wet, and the bizarre moment was gone like dust in the wind.

Tris, on the other hand, rubbed her chin with a tilted head, deep in thought, while mulling over the taste in her mouth.

Wait.

Was she... was she munching on that blood?

Why were her cheeks moving!?

"Hmm? Hmm... well... that art strange..."

The blonde knightess frowned after a moment of silence.

"Thine blood... I art pretty sure it art naught but a normal human's blood, but there art this strange aftertaste to it," Tris gave her diagnosis, like a some sort of sommelier. "What art this? Taste of a hērōs? Why dost thou have such a taste? Hast thou injected thyself with some sort of strange drug recently? Perhaps made of the remains of an ancient, mythical hero? That wouldst explaineth it..."

The last bit was a question aimed at Colt.

However, before the boy could answer...

"W-wait."

Tris's eyes widened in a surprise.

"W-what... what art this?"

Clearly in shock, the blonde knightess turned to stare at Colt... and her earlier ditzy, cheerful persona had been washed away by sudden bout of seriousness.

"Colt... why dost thou have foreign pheromones marking thee?" Tris asked, sounding oddly unlike her usual self. "And more than that..."

She lowered her aviators, gazing at the boy from over them.

"Antediluvian pheromones?"

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Either way, guess we’ll see you later then. And thanks for your time.”
    Jake nodded with a smile.

"Sure! See you dudes and dudettes around. And bring Eli to play sometimes, too," the janitor said while giving the group a lazy wave. "And I'll hold you on that promise of new books - in return, if I come up with more rumours about our mysterious heiress, I'll pass it onto you."

With that, the group of Hisa, Pyry, Gradient and Ru exited the janitor's office after saying their goodbyes to them. The stairs back upstairs were climbed in a silence, one that both Ru and Gradient seemed to realize was sort of awkward. After what Hisa had telepathically said to the blonde youth, he had fallen somewhat silent and sullen, almost like he was unable to really come up with a good answer while the two were still talking with Jake. Thus, instead of trying to reply or send other mental messages, he had simply stayed silent, staring at his own feet and shuffling in place quite awkwardly.

This finally changed when the quartet emerged on top of the stairs. Pyry let out a sigh, sounding like he had been holding it in for quite a while, and leaned against the wall with his hand.

Then he glanced towards Hisa.

"Um... you know... sorry," he finally murmured, sounding as miserable as a wet cat. "I mean... when you started teasing me, I didn't exactly know what to think, either. Hearing you talk about fondling other people, w-well... it kinda sent mixed messages. And you know me, right? I'm a pretty simple guy, so I don't exactly know how to handle complex emotional stuff - especially when I don't know what to feel. L-like, what am I supposed to say about you copping a feel of another person's butt?"

Just a moment later, Pyry himself seemed to realize how ridiculous his question was, as he suddenly snorted in amusement that bubbled through to the surface, and shot a sheepish grin at Hisa.

"I-I mean, what the heck? You started it out of nowhere, so of course you caught me off-guard! Of course I'd panic since I didn't have any real way of getting back at you," the boy confessed. "And then you started questioning if I'd balls to do it myself and that stuff about Ange and well... I, uh, I sorta panicked."

Looking away from a moment, Pyry clearly tried to hide a small pout that rose to his face. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, staring at the wall.

"... Since you keep saying stuff like you do, it's not like I want to look uncool in front of you, y'know?"

Another sigh, one that sounded frustrated in how he himself was being. Having gathered his confidence again, Pyry turned back to the scarred girl. His cheeks, however, were adorned by a slight blush that he couldn't hide.

"B-besides, I was just pulling your leg! It was just us being in sauna, y'know? And she kept hitting me with a bath broom so hard I almost had tears in my eyes!" The boy complained. "It was the first thing that came to mind, so I tried to get back at you with a truth... from a certain point of view. Y'know, Obi-Wan method."

Having said his piece, the boy finally calmed down a bit and his mouth turned into a gentle, apologetic smile - one he directed straight at Hisa.

"So, uh... sorry. Can you forgive me?" He asked. "I mean, you started it, but I definitely took it too far - made it awkward as hell for both of us. So what I'm trying to say is---"

SLAP!

The sudden sound caught both Hisa and Pyry unawares.

--- It came out of nowhere, after all.

As did the feeling of someone slapping their buttocks with considerable strength.

--- It came from behind them, after all.

An unexpected sensation, an unexpected sound, and a totally unexpected situation that was so bizarre that it took a moment to register.

And when it did...

"Muuuufufufu~!"

They both saw Gradient standing behind them, her open hands (fresh from slapping them both on the butt) halfway up like a guilty criminal, and an impish grin wide on her face.

Pyry could only stare at her, eyes wide as plates, before turning towards Hisa with that same expression.

--- What the heck!?

Elise Pelltier, Lucille Faraday & John Dove
    Date: 08.09.1994 (WED)

"Oh! More of you lovelies!"

With a beaming smile, Sue Popplewell emerged from behind the counter, her face caked in dust and holding a familiar-looking thick book. She slammed the book onto the surface of the table before giving Elise a cheerful wave, welcoming her into the shop as well. However, since John (and now Lucille) had both expressed interest in the book, the owner decided to focus onto it first before moving to give her attention to the newcomer.

"Well, here it is! Written by our own pride, Remington Hartley! She came to Road's End from elsewhere too, but loved the place so much she made her debut book a guide to our little corner of the world," Sue explained, patting the dusty book. "Of course, since it was printed here and only sold here, there wasn't much in terms of them being sold, and, uh, well..."

Sue scratched her cheek a little sheepishly.

"... W-well, you asked if this was the only copy. N-no, it's not. I've got plenty in the back," the owner admitted. "So if you lovelies want a copy each, that sure can be arranged! I'll even sell them for cheap, like Remington wanted them to be. She said that nobody should have to empty their wallet to enjoy this little town and all its wonderful sights."

With that (and after sliding the book across the counter so John and Lucille could take a look at it), Sue then turned towards Elise.

"And what about you?" She asked warmly, hands on her hips. "What can I get for you, love?"

End's Store & Post: Inventory

Item Description Price
    Jurassic Park Band-Aid Restores 1 Hit Point. $2
    Bubblegum Painkillers Restores 3 Hit Points. $10
    Tiger Balm Salve Restores 5 Hit Points. $40
    Jolt Cola Restores 2% of your maximum ability Resource, rounded up. $3
    Pepto-Bismol Cures Poisoned condition of Rank D or lower. $5
    Eye Drops Cures Blinded condition of Rank D or lower. $5
    Cotton Buds Cures Deafened condition of Rank D or lower. $5
    Pop Rocks Cures Charmed condition of Rank D or lower. $5
    5-Hour Energy Drink Staves off the effects of Fatigue. When you drink this, you automatically succeed in the next Phase's Fatigue Resistance roll. $15
    War Heads Taste the sourness unlike any other. Causes ???. However, some people might like these... $3
    Twinkies I don't think I need to tell you about the Twinkie. Causes ???. However, some people might like these... $3
    Crystal Pepsi Looks like you're drinking water, tastes like your drinking Pepsi. Causes ???. However, some people might like these... $3
    Ring Pop No preschool romance is complete without a proposal with one of these. Causes ???. However, some people might like these... $3
    Garigari-kun A foreign ice cream that arrived to this store under dubious circumstances. Causes ???. However, some people might like these... $1.5
    Smoky Mirror A lacquered, handheld mirror with smoke-like pattern on the glass. Surprisingly heavy for its size. $25
    Union-Jack Scarf A long, warm scarf that is in the colors of red, white and blue. You can almost smell the tea and crumpets. $29
    Super Nintendo Console Comes with two controllers and five games: A Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, Turtles in Time, Mega Man X and Super Mario World. $600
    Fishing Gear Become a true man of the seas and bring home your own food. Includes a 'How-To' manual. $200
    Vampire Princess Doll A cute doll based on a character from a now-canceled animated show from overseas. Seems very haughty, and has a pronounced canine tooth. $15
    Lion Monk Doll A cute doll based on a character from a now-canceled animated show from overseas. Apparently the guardian of the other doll. Looks very humorless. $15
    The Hoss Chronicles A book about survival in the wilderness in the most manliest way possible. Reading this would make you more adept in Survival. $20
    Doctor Sexy MD A book about the life and times of a Manhattan doctor with really great hair and sexy jeans. Reading this would make you more adept in Medicine. $20
    Flannel & Cigarette Butts A book about the rise and fall of a teenage grunge band, and how parents just don't get them. Reading this would make you more adept in Performance. $20
    Don't Whisk that Disc A book about computers and how to use them for both work and for fun (fun is a subjective term). Reading this would make you more adept in Computing, you nerd. $20
    Baseball Bat A wooden baseball bat. Perfect for sports, or to smack someone on the head. A basic melee weapon. $60

Requested Items:

Item Description Price
    Insect Repellent Makes you immune to Rank D insects or lower for 1 hour. Can be applied 10 times. $3
    End of the Road - Guide to the town of Road's End and its History A guide book to Road's End, it's locations and it's hidden features. Includes maps and commentary by Remington herself! $10

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Despite what one might expect from her earlier light-hearted comments, Anna was intently listening to the older boy and his description of the “suspicious” folk at Spade Queen. A creepy man, dressed in a suit, always accompanied by a sharp-tongued woman with an even sharper look in her eyes. While someone acting weird wasn’t really a point of concern in itself, one only needed to look at Pinefall and all the weirdos there, Zane seemed to be definitely… unnerved by the pair.

And based on how he’d acted during last week, the older Mitchell brother’s intuition was no slouch... and neither was he easily scared.

“Hmm… A smiling creep and his arrogant smack-talking tagalong. I see. I’ll keep a watch out. Thanks.” Anna’s voice was surprisingly serious for a moment, before lightening a bit. “You do a lot of work in the club? What are you doing over there anyway?”

"... Though, as said, Jack Pinkerton might not be his real name. Might be just because he likes the nickname 'One-Eyed Jack'."
    The raven-haired girl let out a snort, though it was surprisingly bereft of humor.

“No wonder you think he’s sketchy. Even his nickname sounds like something that two-bit villain from a bad western would call himself.”

Though some nuggets of information that Zane mentioned were valuable in themselves. So Mr, “Jack Pinkerton” might not even be his real name, huh? And no-one knew where the money came from either… Who was he then? Someone from the working families that left after the sawmills came to a stop? One of the McLampet family who ended up surviving or faked his own death?

Fishy. This place sounds too fishy.

“Though, I’m gonna be honest, I don’t think running a country club of all things will revitalize the town. No matter how many rich ponces they cart into the outskirts to gawk at the scenery, it won't solve the underlying issue here."

"Then again, who knows? I might be mistaken." The Adidas-wearing girl let out a small chuckle, as dry humor crept back to her features. "There are a lot of rich ponces in this world, after all."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Thine blood... I art pretty sure it art naught but a normal human's blood, but there art this strange aftertaste to it. What art this? Taste of a hērōs? Why dost thou have such a taste? Hast thou injected thyself with some sort of strange drug recently? Perhaps made of the remains of an ancient, mythical hero? That wouldst explaineth it..."

Remains of an ancient, mythical hero? Wouldn’t that just be because of the weird shards Pyry gave to him? Colt opened his mouth to explain that he certainly was not on drugs, that the aftertaste was likely due to his friend, but.

"W-wait. W-what... what art this?"

Though they were darkened almost completely behind the sunglasses, Colt saw the knightess’ eyes widen behind the aviators.

"Colt... why dost thou have foreign pheromones marking thee?”

“Uhh…”

From the taste of a hero to pheromones? Confusion was clear as day on Colt’s face, as easy to read as a story written for a five year old.

Tris lowered her aviators, and Colt took his off completely.

"And more than that... Antediluvian pheromones?"

“Antediluvian? Is… is that bad? I don’t know what that even is.” While Tris had turned suddenly serious, Colt was also just as serious. Seriously lost and unaware of the gravity of what was being asked of him. “Last time around Pyry said, uh, that something had its scent all over me. Is that what you mean by pheromones?”

Thinking back, knowing more about the idea of the ‘Turnside,’ it made sense that the smell Pyry had been focused on was something of that nature.

“I… I really dunno. This is the first I’ve heard about any of this.”

Hisa Momoi

“Hiiii---”

The sudden sensation made me shriek and jump a little, but it didn’t take too long to realize what exactly happened, as surprising as it was. In the end, the person who commited the deed was still standing right there.

“You little…” I started, but at the same time, my lips curled into a smile, “Revenge will come later, considering how you’re staying in my room…”

Right, this time things went kind of different. We didn’t find her in the storm, dirty and just in a shirt, and I didn’t end up bathing with her either…

But then, she remembers that anyways, doesn’t she.

Still…

After a deep sigh, I turned back to Pyry, my eyes locked with his.

“I...it’s just light skinship between girls. I guess I’m just...more touchy feely than what people consider normal, but I can’t help it,” I said quietly as I scratched my cheek, “I-it’s not like I just go touching any random person though, I mean...it’s just how I show my affection towards those I like. Like Ubon, or Gradient.”

Emphasizing the statement more, I reached back with my hand to pat the head of the girl in question.

“There’s nothing more to it than that. A-and of course it’s just girls, since...patting or hugging or doing other things to a guy out of friendship would be just way too embarrassing and awkward.”

Not that a lot of guys here would have to worry about that anyways…

“A-and well, I guess I just wanted to lighten up the mood, to tease you about it a bit, but at the same time I don’t even really want to think about or imagine you doing those things to other girls…”

I could feel as my face started to blush, but as embarrassing it was, I had to get to the end of it. I was equally to blame for why things got awkward like this, so it wouldn’t work if it was only Pyry who apologized.

“I-I mean, I want to be the one to do those things with you. So how could you even be uncool when you’re literally the coolest person in my eyes? When you’ve already won this battle and I’m the loser here?”

Turning around so that Pyry would not see any more of my embarrassment, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and pouted slightly.

“How could I even stay mad at you for more than a moment when you already have me wrapped around your finger and come apologizing like that?”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

This guy.

This guy's the worst. A jerk! A dumb jerk! A dumb jerk that thinks and says dumb things! Clearly he hasn't been yelled at enough, if he thinks he can insult Vivi like that! And he still thinks he's strong? He thinks all there is to strength is muscles? What kinda wolf pack did this moron crawl out of!? He makes Pyry look like a genius! There's no way he can be left to his own devices! Not for an instant! He's a danger to himself and society!

That's it! I'm gonna give Ahti Jalopuera a piece of my mind! I'll yell at him until his eardrums burst and he's crying out for forgiveness!

I'll-!

I'll...

"...alright, fine."

This is getting childish. There's no point to being angry here. You can't change someone's world view just by yelling at them. It didn't work the first million times and it won't work the next time either. Let him think what he wants about who's weak and who isn't. It's none of my business.

Besides, there's not much time until class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti
    "--- The hell is this supposed to work? Am I just supposed to stab myself with this? Where? Heart?"
    "It's a syringe. Anywhere will work. Stick it in and push down on the plunger."

I have no idea what that thing is and what Hisa did to it, but she's trustworthy enough that it's certainly going to help.

"As for info... Vivi has her questions, and I have mine."

Priorities.

I pull back my backpack and pull a notepad and a pencil out of it, getting ready to mark things down.

"One. You said you ran into some kind of phantom knight. What do you know about it? Why did you end up fighting? Did it seem like the sort to go out and attack people, or was it territorial? Is there just one, or are there more dangerous things in the woods?"

That's the most important. Next is...

"Two. With those ears and tail, unless you've got a way to hide them, I'm guessing you've been mostly keeping out of sight, so... is there anything you need? A new shirt? Supplies? A toothbrush, some soap, and bug spray, maybe? What kind of food do you like? There are some old cans of beans downstairs if you're still hungry, but do not guzzle them down raw; the stove works fine and they'll taste better that way. With a stomach like yours, you shouldn't need to worry about expiration dates."

I can picture Ahti wandering around town wearing a suit and top hat, trying to look inconspicuous. The guy in my mind looks kinda cute, but also extremely silly. Even if he's well enough to make do on his own after this, I don't want him having to break into stores at night. Or lighthouses.

"Three. You've been traveling around the woods, right? Is there anywhere you've seen that isn't on the maps? Like a crooked house on a hill that people don't usually visit? Have you seen a young man, a bit older than me, with white hair?"

It's probably a bust, just like the hotel and the lighthouse were. This is why looking into cryptic dream clues is a waste of time. Whoever comes up with them must be a sadist. But I can't disappoint Muse after she worked hard to give it to me. And I can't give up on Snow even if it seems like he's slipping further away by the moment. Maybe it's wrong to chase after him, when there are so many other people in need of attention, but...

"And four..." The last question. How do you even formulate this? It'll sound silly no matter what. But then, it's the Turnside. Things don't have to make sense here. "...that eye of yours. Did you lose it in a dream? Perhaps to a grinning woman, chasing you through the woods? Do you know anyone else here who's missing one?"

Ahti may bear Dot's mark. It's unlikely - a soldier losing an eye in battle isn't anything special - but it's possible. Fyrtio also has only one eye... but I can't exactly find her and ask. Unless Ahti knows where she is. And Souma is a whole different matter entirely.

For the moment, that's all I can think of. But of course, there's the last matter...

"You said you needed help. Something only a weak person could do. Well, I'm listening. That's why you're in Road's End, right?"
    Last edited by Bloble; August 7th, 2020 at 04:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Tris hummed in thought, stroking her chin.

"Antediluvian meaneth that the thing, or being, art from before the time of thine Biblical Flood - though even that art simply appropriated from far older myths of Sumeria and Mesopotamia. In short, it art from the Golden Age of Man. Knoweth thee of Hesiod, the Ancient Greek poet? He first describeth these ages, scratching the surface of how things differed back then. In short, things from that age art immensely powerful and exceedingly rare - 'tis almost unheard of for something of that nature to pop up in modern day," Tris explained, her serious expression and tone remaining. "To have thineself marked by pheromones of such quality... 'tis art truly extraordinary - rare beyond belief. But what it meaneth... I cannot even begin to guess."

With sudden determination in her steps, Tris walked over to Colt and grabbed a hold of his cheeks with her hands. She then began kneading, almost like trying to see how many bizarre shapes she could put the boy's face in. It was in that moment that Colt realized just what sort of inhuman power lay in those fingers of the girl, and just how she was able to effortlessly wield that massive sword of hers. Still, while she continued this strange activity, Tris also turned the boy's head around, inspecting it from all sides.

Truly... what was she doing?

This made no sense whatsoever.

"Telleth me, Colt - hast thou ever encountered someone strange, someone larger than life? Someone whose mere presence commandeth the room and who leaveth an empty hole whenever they leaveth? Someone whose power thou canst feel by merely gazing upon them? Or someone who, upon thy meeting, changed thy life completely?" Tris asked while she continued to inspect the boy. "'Tis the magnitude of an Antediluvian's presence, for their very ego makes the world shiver in fear. They representeth the old order, and often bringeth back tales of heroism from yore by their mere actions."

Suddenly, Colt found himself staring straight into Tris's eyes through those familiar aviators.

Close.

Very close.

So close their noses were touching, while Tris was keeping his head in check with one hand on each cheek.

"Well? Hast thou?"

Anna Vandemeel

As it turned out, the so-called "country club" looked far more like a rich person's estate from few hundred years ago than anything modern that Anna might have been imagining. Zane had been trying to describe the place the best he could (apparently the young man worked there as a handyman who took care of the grounds around the building), but his words hardly did it justice. Fancy steel fence and a silvered steel gate, stone-paved road with beautiful patterns leading up to an inner yard dominated by a fountain that bore a statue of Adonis at the center. Immaculately trimmed trees and bushes surrounded the main building, and for a moment Zane's pride in his handiwork shone through his usuall gruff exterior (most likely he was almost solely responsible from how they looked) and manifested as a smug smile.

And then there was the building in itself.

A faux Civil War era mansion that spread like the centerpiece of a plantation to both east and west, surrounded by a garden that routed the whole building and a gigantic yard that opened up like a fan on the other side of the country club. Far away, forest spread as far away as eye could see, and apparently most of these lands were owned by Mr. Pinkerton as a whole. It was clear that a lot of moneyhad been sunk into this little vanity project, and no doubt such a place attracted all sorts of rich ponces from all around the States.

However, as the two youths arrived to the open main gates of the Spade Queen...

"--- Damn it."

Zane suddenly cursed quietly, stopping in his tracks.

His eyes were focused onto the entrance of the building, where a man stood in the doorway, basking in the grey light of the overcast sky. A man who was somewhat hard to see this far away, but who the redhead seemed to recognize nonetheless.

"... Speak of the devil," Zane quietly said to Anna, nodding for her to stop as well. "That's one of the duo. Y'know, the guy."

After focusing her eyes for a moment, Anna could see more details of the person Zane was pointing out. He was indeed an older man, though not as old as some of the teachers at Pinefall. Instead, he seemed to be somewhere around his early 30's or late 20's. The man was dressed in a black suit that looked both slick and little unkempt, just as his unruly, lilac hair. And even from this far away, Anna could see that face...

... That sharp, fox-like face with narrowed eyes and a smile almost permanently etched onto his face.

"--- Elliot Challenger."

New Person Met!

Hisa Momoi

"U-uh, that's... damn..."

Pyry, who had been completely taken by surprise by this sucker-punch of a twist in the conversation, was left opening and closing his jaw while unable to completely comprehend what had been said. When the tiny gears in his brain finally started grinding again, restarting his thought process, the light flush on his cheeks started creeping up once again to cover his whole face, until the boy couldn't have been any more redder. Slowly, very slowly, he started picking up the pieces of his shattered defense once more, which culminated into a furious scratching of his head, ruffling up his hear into an even wilder than usual - to the point that he looked like his namesake for a moment there.

"W-what the heck am I even supposed to say to that!" Pyry finally replied, his voice cracking a little bit. "I... I know what happened on the other week thanks to you, but this... ugh, this is just unfair y'know...?"

A slight grin, a warm grin, spread to the boy's face as he took a step closer.

"Ain't no teenage boy who'd have defenses against words like that, honestly," he continued. "You're saying I got you wrapped around my finger, but you're doing a pretty fine job yourself. Gotta say, I think I'm starting to understand why things went how they did on that other time. Despite how grumpy you try to always act, you're pretty cute underneath all that sourness. It's pretty refreshing even - you shouldn't keep that side of yours hidden so much."

One more step, and suddenly a familiar, warm hand landed gently on top of Hisa's head, ruffling her hair awkwardly.

Pyry stood there, somewhat embarrassed grin wide on his face, yet still amused at how the girl was acting. Perhaps it was the difference in how assertive she had been when teasing him earlier when compared to how shy she was now acting.

"Still, I guess we're even then?" Pyry asked, still grinning. "Water under the bridge?"

Meanwhile, in the background.

"Y'know, I'm just stumped by these two... are Bro and Hisa dating or what? I can't really figure out," Ru commented to Gradient, not even bothering to lower his voice. "What do you think? They going steady or not?"

Gradient looked back at Ru and...

"Foooo~"

Let out an unsure sound and shrugged her shoulders, shooting a slightly amused glance at the other two.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Knoweth thee of Hesiod, the Ancient Greek poet? He first describeth these ages, scratching the surface of how things differed back then. In short, things from that age art immensely powerful and exceedingly rare - 'tis almost unheard of for something of that nature to pop up in modern day. To have thineself marked by pheromones of such quality... 'tis art truly extraordinary - rare beyond belief. But what it meaneth... I cannot even begin to guess."

“Hesiod? We covered Ancient and Classical Greek literature and stuff, so I remember the name but all of that… that’s pretty new to me.”

Colt had more to say. Questions to ask. Not just about these pheromones, but the method Tris had used to evaluate his blood sample. It was like the girl was a blood sommelier.

But whatever he had in mind was kept in Colt’s mind.

A pair strong, extremely strong, feminine hands took hold of his face. Specifically, his cheeks were taken with a vice-like grip. Like a cat kneading a fluffy blanket, she began to shape his face this way and that. Turning his head like a hairstylist taking charge of a customer, she twisted him about, inspecting him from every angle.

“Uhh, Tris?”

"Telleth me, Colt.”

Finally, she said something, and Colt got to look at her dead-on as she held him to face straight forward.

“Hast thou ever encountered someone strange, someone larger than life? Someone whose mere presence commandeth the room and who leaveth an empty hole whenever they leaveth? Someone whose power thou canst feel by merely gazing upon them? Or someone who, upon thy meeting, changed thy life completely? 'Tis the magnitude of an Antediluvian's presence, for their very ego makes the world shiver in fear. They representeth the old order, and often bringeth back tales of heroism from yore by their mere actions."

So close.

The aviators were once more resting on the bridge of the girl’s nose. Though they darkened that deep, oceanic blue of her eyes, Colt was now close enough to see the ‘texture’ of her irises. His nose was practically, no, literally pressed against hers. So close that as he felt her breathing, he became aware of his own.

Being forced to stare at her up close…

She certainly had more going for her than her chest. It was almost mesmerizing.

Only the aviators kept him from being totally enchanted.

"Well? Hast thou?"

Someone strange, larger than life? Whose mere presence commanded the room and who left an empty hole whenever they left? Someone who felt powerful, just by gazing at them?

“Someone who changed my life completely?” Colt repeated the last quality. They all lined up. “That just sounds like Luca.”

His head wasn’t his to control so the boy couldn’t nod as he wanted.

“I told you, right? Luca is the one who saved my life and gave me this locket. She’s like this… she’s sorta, uh… well if I were to use a word, otherworldly. Like she sucked up all the light in the world, so that it wrapped around her, because only she was meant to shine.”

Listening to himself talk, Colt tried to scratch the back of his head in embarrassment.

“That’s kinda weird to say, isn’t it? But I kinda can’t help it, she’s like… I’ve never met anyone else like her. She was like royalty, and everything was her kingdom. At least that’s how I saw her…”

Colt left out the part about still wanting to see her that way, if only she would appear for him to see once more.

“Oh. And speaking of seeing her, nobody else could. It was like she was invisible. Only I could see her. So lots of people called me crazy. I think the old man at the orphanage thought I was haunted, or possessed, or just plum loony.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Alexstrasza Lockhart

Peeking at the duo, I raised an eyebrow in reaction. It was a bit scandalous, no? To meet in such a location, to discuss another person like this. Unless... c-could it be another series of star-crossed lovers?! This is truly a springtime of their youth, so I don't see why not, realistically. It does make sense that people would like Vivienne. She is, after all, very... round.

As a person. Yes. That is what I meant.

When Elaine held up a finger to her lips, I gave her an excited thumbs up. This was by far the most interesting thing that had happened to me since I was stabbed in the neck. Sometimes, schools really do prepare you for future situations, it's so thrilling! Why, once when I was a little girl, the Orphan Master handed me the most lithe knife, and asked how I felt about a game of tag. Naturally, I accepted. I was the best at tag, after all - quick enough to not be caught, but not so quick as to make the game frustrating for others. I knew when to be fast and when to be slow, so I accepted with delight. Of course, a bit of a damper was put on the entire occasion when he set his hounds upon me to devour my flesh, forcing me into a delightful game of ducking and weaving with the knife to make sure those pesky internals were a little bit more external.

Ahh... memories.

Peeking out excitedly at the duo again, I could feel my leg starting to shake, so I gently placed a hand on top of it, and breathed until it stopped. While exciting, I can't become too excited. That would just give the game away!

Ah! They might look over here any second! I ducked back down, stifling a nervous giggle. Sneaking around was great fun!
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Vivienne quietly motions to Ahti to not do anything yet with the syringe, approaching as gently as she can to not get him worked up and give him the time to either accept or refuse her assistance.

"I think that heart would be bad... this is meant for... intradermal injection I think..."

Of course now she has to wait on wherever Ahti is going to let her do the injection for him, or if he'll do it himself. There is no reason why he couldn't, but people like him are quite likely neither very trusting of modern medicine nor very knowledgeable in how to apply it... thus it was more than just a slight possibility that he would prefer Vivienne's help rather than risking a blunder. But then... some people do have a lot of pride...

At any rate, now was the matter of information exchange with this man. While the points that Prushka had raised covered the most important points and they should avoid overwhelming him with too many questions -- he may not like that too much after all... enough, but then the easiest thing to ask him could be the following:

"Do you know... if there's something that can warp time or reality... around here? Someone that can go back in time... or to a different one... we think that something along these lines is operating in Road's End..."

He could be totally clueless about this matter, for unlike them he may have no muse... but he could also remember. There was no harm in asking, was there?

"Oh, and ... are you maybe... familiar with Spade Queen Country Club?"

Vivienne did not have the chance to look that name up yet, but gathering some information about it wouldn't hurt would it? She was certain that Alex too was doing her research on that subject as they spoke.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; August 8th, 2020 at 09:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Prushka & Vivienne Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "I think that heart would be bad... this is meant for... intradermal injection I think..."
    Ahti blinked, completely nonplussed, his flate stare oddly reminiscent that of Vivienne's in how it looked. He turned the syring around for a moment in his hand, trying to make sense of what the girl had just said... but then, after heaving an annoyed sigh and scratching his head, he shoved the thing into Vivienne's hands - handle first. Then he lifted off his cape, revealing his bare upper body, riddled with all sorts of scars, and offered his left hand to the girl.

"... Whatever. I don't know what the hell that means," he grunted. "You do it, Scribbles, since you seem have an inkling as to what you're talking about."

While waiting for Vivienne to do her thing, Ahti then turned his attention back towards Prushka.

A slight hint of annoyance was clear in his eye as he stared at the tiny girl - like her voice had started to grate on him.

"Alright. Fine. Let's talk shop then. One: I know jack-shit about that Knightmare. I ran into it while snooping around the town, and we got into a fight because I think I got in its way... wherever it was going. Though calling that a fight is being generous. That thing... it's not a living being. Or a physical being either. Ever fight a manifested concept or a thought? That's pretty much what it is. I think. An idea of 'a being that will kill any and all foes that stand in its path' or some bullcrap like that. At that point it doesn't matter how strong you are or how powerful your magic is - unless you can do something about the concept itself, it will just automatically kill you and be on its way," Ahti started his explanation, while grinding his teeth at the humiliating memory of a loss. "So yeah, as far as I understand, it's a manifested idea of a foe you can't defeat and it just goes around as if looking for something. Get in its way, and it'll kill you - simple as that. Doubt there's more of such freaky shit out there."

Ahti grumbled a bit of something in a weird language under his breath, before moving onto the next topic.

"Anyways... Two: if you're offering, bring me meat. Game meat, if you can. I'd hunt myself but it's hard to do with your wound shoddily cauterized," he said, shooting an angry look at Prushka. "I don't need clothes - there's a stream nearby so I can just wash my clothes there. Same for myself if I start to smell. Soap would just get in the way. And if I'm supposed to be bedridden for longer, get me something to do. I dunno, comics or whatever. Or games. Not books though. Those are boring as hell."

Yeah, just one look at the guy told that he was definitely not the reading type.

"Three: I dunno. Would have to see maps of this place to know. Though no houses. Just a trainyard, a saw mill, a listening station and that fancypants mansion at the coast. Those are all out of the ways of the town itself," Ahti continued. "As for a guy with light hair, bit older than you... Eh, nope. Though I don't go out looking for tweens, so who knows? Kids like you are annoying so I steer clear of them. You're better off asking someone else."

Then, just for a moment, Ahti paused. He lifted his hand and touched the eye that was hidden under an eyepatch, almost instinctively.

And after few seconds, he shook out that strange stupor he had fallen into, and shook his head.

"And four... nope. I lost this to a lion, a long time ago. And it's none of your business, anyways," he grunted a response, seeming annoyed again. "And like I said, I don't deal much with the town itself. Might be guys with missing eyes, who knows? At least that bombshell at the gas station was missing one. You might wanna ask her."

With that, Ahti changed his attention to Vivienne, telling with his gaze for her to hurry it up with the injection.

"As for your questions, Scribbles... No. Never heard of someone with a fairy tale bullshit ability like that one. Or well, I guess there's the Seven Unbreakable Rules and the yahoos who broke them, but you really think such important bigwigs would be out here? In the boonies? Unlikely," Ahti said and snorted derisively, finding the whole idea laughable. "So if you think someone is warping time and space here, you might wanna think again - even on Turnside, there's a limit to how fantastical you can get, y'know."

A small pause, and...

"... And no. Never been to a Country Club."

Ahti frowned.

"I hate country music."

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “That’s kinda weird to say, isn’t it? But I kinda can’t help it, she’s like… I’ve never met anyone else like her. She was like royalty, and everything was her kingdom. At least that’s how I saw her… Oh. And speaking of seeing her, nobody else could. It was like she was invisible. Only I could see her. So lots of people called me crazy. I think the old man at the orphanage thought I was haunted, or possessed, or just plum loony.”
    Tris stayed silent for a moment, deep in thought yet staring straight into Colt's eyes through the aviators. It was like she had forgotten where she was, and what she was doing, and had left her body running in the background while her mind was working on the mystery that had been presented. This close, all sorts of new sensations came to front from the girl. How controlled her breathing was, how much power she had in those hands of hers, how well-kept her hair was... and how there was a strong fragrance around her, like fresh dirt after a summer rain, along with telltale sign of grass in the air.

It was, indeed, quite mesmerizing.

"That... certainly soundeth the part. What truly strange games life doth play with us, that for a common person such as thee to have thine destiny tied with such a creature..." Tris mumbled. "I wouldst give my left hand to even meet with such a being, yet thou hast had thine being marked by one so deeply... 'tis like the beginning of a tale of some sort."

A sudden realiation flashed in Tris's eyes, and she let go of Colt's face, taking a step back.

Then, the girl directed her gaze to the overcast skies above, her face a mask of someone who was questioning the invisible forces of life all around them.

Like there was a question forming in her head, and she wasn't sure she wanted to ask it.

"Art the World guiding us, even now? A Knight of Symzonia and One Marked By Precusors, just happeneth to be in the same town? And at the same time, a ploy of time ensnaringeth a class of students... now what art truly going on? Doth the world headeth for destruction? Art something strange and terrible afoot? And art we the game pieces of the World as it moves against this disaster, attempting to keep the Laws from breaking...?"

A moment of silence.

Heavy silence.

Almost like she was waiting for an answer from the World, yet got none.

Then... with a heavy sigh... Tris turned back towards Colt and smiled - though her smile was a bit more tense now.

"... We shouldeth make haste," the knightess said. "I believeth that something big mayeth be afoot, and thy compass might be a key to revealing what."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“I don’t think the World plans to answer a single question we have.” Colt went over to his bike and mounted it. Puting his key into the ignition he gestured for Tris to hop on. “I may not be keen to all that Turnside stuff, but I just gotta hunch that it won’t be that easy. Or that clear-cut.”

Saying so, the boy turned the key. The engine of his bike roared to life, practically booming, a sound that was like music to his ears.

“But you’re right, let’s get going.” Eyes went southeast, following the direction of the compass’ needle. “Who knows. Maybe this thing just points to Luca and you’ll get your chance to meet her.”

More than a hypothetical, that thought was a desire given voice.

Ahti's quiet acceptance of Vivienne's aid, showing a little bit more of a sweet character instead of the overwhelmingly bitter facade he had been displaying so far, gave Vivienne a better opinion of the man... or well, it raised his value as someone that wasn't a total waste of time to invest some time and effort into.

Taking out her light-blue handkerchief, Vivienne kneels next to Ahti so she can have a better look at his abdomen. He has a rather wild scent, a mixed air of sweat, blood and the waft of the forest emanating from him. Well, it is normal for high body temperatures after receiving injuries, especially ones as grievous as the ones Ahti had. Increase in cytokine or something... was it? Not the most pleasant of smells at any rate, but Vivienne didn't really have any perfume or air freshener on her, so both Ahti and her would have to do with the current circumstances...

Having wiped away the dirt, sweat and some blood that had dripped onto the the spot she had chosen most optimal to receive the injection, Vivienne waited for Ahti's attention to be elsewhere (namely talking to Prushka) before quickly acting, in fact, Ahti may not even have realized she had already injected him with the medicine by the time Vivienne was done. The worst that he may have felt would have been a light tingling sensation of sorts, but Vivienne's dexterous hands made sure that the injection was as smooth and painless as possible.

"Here... it's over..."

She notified the man that the deed had been done. Of course, while she was that close, Vivienne took the opportunity to observe his wounds -- slash and stabbing based ones it would seem... but then if this really was a knight of sorts then that would have been the only way. While it wasn't too outlandish, the idea of someone walking around in medieval armor and totting guns or the likes seemed a bit... far fetched.

At any rate, his answers to Vivienne's inquiries were unfortunately rather useless. It seems like he was about clueless as Vivienne and Prushka were, or well, he could even be more clueless -- most likely based on what he was saying, Ahti was not aware that there was some sort of 'looping' going on.

"You may be surprised... there is something... strange about this town... after all you met that strange... 'concept' right? Already a strange thing to find... and even so you would be surprised... how many members of the Turnside there are here..."

Indeed, the presence of one of the mysterious people who broke the Seven Unbreakable Laws here wouldn't even seem implausible, considering what Vivienne had gone through personally.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Yep, it's one bust after another.

Well, not necessarily. But it seems like Ahti's about as clueless as we are. That's comforting in a way. Like we're both on the same boat here.

In fact, now that there's no more yelling... the whole atmosphere here seems to have calmed down. Maybe Hisa had a point after all.

Like this, Ahti doesn't even seem like that bad a guy. A jerk, but not a bad guy.

"So yeah, as far as I understand, it's a manifested idea of a foe you can't defeat and it just goes around as if looking for something. Get in its way, and it'll kill you - simple as that. Doubt there's more of such freaky shit out there."
    "A materialized concept that'll just kill you no matter how strong you are? That's like something out of a horror movie. Like Jason... it's almost impressive that you survived at all, then. Usually people don't come back after something like that. But I'm guessing from all these scars... that you're used to barely surviving against strong people."

The knight can't be defeated. Supposedly. I'm sure the strongest guy in the world could do it, though. Still, if it's a knight, then just getting out of the way should do the trick...

"...Would have to see maps of this place to know. Though no houses. Just a trainyard, a saw mill, a listening station and that fancypants mansion at the coast."
    "Listening station? Mansion? Ah, here, mark them down on this."

I pull the map of Road's End and its surroundings that the school gave us out of one of the pockets of my backpack and pass it along to Ahti, along with a pen. "We've gone to the saw mill. It's... I'm pretty sure it's haunted? And there's someone with guns and a loose trigger finger hanging out in it. You should probably stay away unless you've got business there. But anywhere that's not on the maps would help to know about. Road's End has way too much stuff just hiding under the surface."

"I lost this to a lion, a long time ago. And it's none of your business, anyways. And like I said, I don't deal much with the town itself. Might be guys with missing eyes, who knows? At least that bombshell at the gas station was missing one. You might wanna ask her."
    "Ah, sorry..."

I probably touched on something that shouldn't have been touched on. Of course, I knew that might happen, but it had to be asked.

"Um, right, the gas station... I'll check that out next then... while I'm getting you food..."

Wait. Wait a second. What did he just say?

"If you're offering, bring me meat. Game meat, if you can. I'd hunt myself but it's hard to do with your wound shoddily cauterized."
    "H-hey, it worked, didn't it!? That was my first time ever doing something like that for real, you know! And what do you mean, game meat? You can't buy that at the corner store-!"

Well. Wait a sec now.

"...or maybe you can? I guess it is a small town... probably has its share of hunters... I'll see what I can do. But if I'm bringing you meat, it's gonna be cooked, and it's gonna be seasoned, and it's gonna be healthy, and it's gonna have vegetables with it."

Worst case scenario, could just ask Souma. Though that's a problem all on its own.

"-and if I'm supposed to be bedridden for longer, get me something to do. I dunno, comics or whatever. Or games. Not books though. Those are boring as hell."
    "You're gonna be fine. Whatever's in there will do its job. Probably. Anyway, I'll see if there's anything that'll work for you... this cabin doesn't seem to get electricity, so I can't exactly get you a TV set or anything... but maybe the library or the local convenience store would have some comics to read-."

Wait.

Hold on.

Wait just one second.

Slowly, slowly, my head turns... as I process what Ahti Jalopuera just said.

Then...

"Ahti, you like comics?"

Oh no. He's adorable.

"What kind?"

As Vivi rears back and prepares to jab with the needle, I sit on the bed on my knees and peer more closely at the young man. Closer, closer, closer.

"Newspaper strips? The funnies? Dime a dozens? Underground comics? Indie comics? Horror comics? Detective comics? Japanese comics? Do you like Archie, Ahti? Is Veronica your favourite, or Betty? Or maybe, since you're from across the ocean, you read Tintin instead? How about Disney comics? Do you like superheroes, Ahti? Batman? Superman? Spiderman? You seem like a Batman sorta guy. Or maybe Wolverine's more your deal? What's your favourite comic, Ahti?"

The image of this big oaf sitting on his tail, his nose buried in a comic book... is just too dazzling to ignore.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Date: 08.09.1994

“Hmm…” murmurs John as he looks at the book. Remington Hartley’s book. Miss Popplewell’s words raise a few questions in his mind, but as the organizer of this little outing, Elise Marie has the right to do her intel gathering first.

On the other hand, this book…realistically considering this, will he even have the time to go over this tome with the thoroughness it likely deserves? Maybe after classes…no, that is not reasonable. Something will probably come up, perhaps Mercedes West, or Liana Skye. Considering this, should he purchase the book? On the other hand, just leaving it to Faraday and Elise Marie to do the job of going through its contents does not seem right.

Then there are the first aid elements…should he purchase some of them? Things like pain are not an issue to him, for he does not let the burdens of the grey world pull him down, but…would he be able to do the same against the powers of the Turnside? Things look like they are going to get dangerous from now onward, so being struck by such powers is a very feasible possibility.

“I…might be in the mood for Warheads…” he ends up murmuring a wholly unrelated comment while reaching for the book presented to them. Even if he doesn’t buy it, or gets to read it in its entirety, perhaps a first glance might already reveal something useful. Elise Marie needs the time to ask her questions, anyway.

However, even if he is saving his own questions for afterwards, nothing stops him from trying a little experiment. He has learned a lot about his classmates’ awareness of last week. What about the town’s residents, then? He might even learn a thing or two about his two classmates from this.

“Huh. Déjà vu,” he ‘idly’ comments while turning the cover of Miss Hartley’s book. “Ever since I set foot in this store, I can’t get rid of this feeling of déjà vu. Most unusual.”