Page 52 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2424750515253545762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 09.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

…Perhaps she was overthinking this.

Though the conversation from this morning was certainly awkward, that was no reason for her to feel like she should avoid Inacio and Caleb for the afternoon. Didn’t they want to watch some movies? That wasn’t something that would provoke another incident like the morning—at least, she hoped so. Still, even if the facts were all clearly laid out in her mind, it was rather difficult to get herself to actually go. The past two days had really been outside her comfort zone, so she supposed… she supposed it was fine if she took some time to herself to be introspective.

Well, not quite with herself. She still had to bring up the topic of when she would go shopping with Sakura. Although this weekend seemed to have nature against them, maybe a weekday would suffice or something. Lucille wasn’t particularly sure—she’d never managed the scheduling of things back home. Others did that for her.

At any rate, knowing Sakura, she was probably in the kitchen, and with the common room no doubt filled with everyone taking refuge from the rain, it was probably decently quiet. Lucille could maybe review some school material as well, while she was at it.

Elaine Winters

Elaine sighed, she supposed it should've been a given that Ubon wouldn't be deterred by a subdued attempt like that.

So, she'd have to be a bit firmer, especially given the sounds that the unfortunate target of Ubon's affection seemed to be, uh...

Being crushed to death.

Yes.

So, that being said, Elaine took a idle step backwards, reaching down and taking a firm grip on Ubon's collar, she braced herself for a moment and tugged backwards, digging her heels into the floor.

"C'mon, dang it, let her go, Ubon there's a point where ya gotta give some space, so come on already and let the poor girl be...!"

She was squirming and struggling and had a grip on Prushka like an octopus, but Elaine seemed to have gotten a grip just good enough to start prying her arms off, she kept writhing too much to really get her off, though.

The smaller girl looked a little less purplish, anyway, so probably wasn't going to die!

Probably.

Still, she was fightin' me harder then a gator in the glades, so I had to dig my heels in and shift my weight here and there.

Didn't want to hurt either of them, so I couldn't do anything too crazy...

"Also, yeah," She grunted out, "Set up's fine with me, people pilin into the beast and we're goin' wherever, fine, fine."

She jerked her head a bit towards Aleen, the chemical smell of nail polish tickling at her nose.

"I already been to the diner, Hisa 'n me stopped by there after we went on a gal pal adventure the first night, had some good meat, was an in and out sort of deal, though, didn't stop to chat, had to be back soonish."

Good small town meal, she'd had a few of 'em over the years, but it was the sort of home cooked vibe that she, well, didn't get.

She muttered darkly under her breath, muffled curses crawling out of her lips as she kept attempting to pry the cuteness-maddened Ubon off of Prushka.

She wouldn't let one of her friends be a murderer!

That'd be too much of a soap opera this early!

Elise Pelltier

Elise made her way to the campus gates, where she found Travis waiting for her, leaning on one of the brick pillars. That momentary look of surprise on his face almost made Elise feel like the whole evening might just be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Gagnon
    Well, how about that? You actually showed up, Chipmunk, and here I thought I was stood up already now that you had the weather for an excuse. Guess you're really into seeing what the hell's in that boarded up part of the school, huh?"
    Elise shrugged and replied, "My curiosity's got the best of me. Honestly, I was half expecting you to be a no show in this weather too. As for me, I actually rather like the rain."

Elise was wearing a rather sturdy looking, although well worn, black raincoat. She'd eschewed the umbrella, confident in her coat's ability to keep her dry for several hours in the rain.

"Also: Chipmunk?" asked Elise, with mild indignancy, If I were to be associated with any rodent, it would be a muskrat, but that's probably an even worse name to be called.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Gagnon
    "Ready to hunt for wabbits? We've got a whole evening ahead of us."
    "Ready as I'll ever be. Speaking of which, just who or what is the rabbit we're looking for?"

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Vier... dude. Dude. You're not gonna ride in the trunk. Like, seriously. You're not. That'd be, first of all, super embarrassing... plus, it's not a place for human to be in. If nothing else you can sit on my lap or something. Just... not the trunk, alright?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Inacio
    "I have to agree here. I can't imagine a trip in a trunk would do anything good to your fingers. And considering how well you played back at the Beach Party, it'd be a shame to lose an ability and skill like that."
    I think most people wouldn’t call sitting in the back of a trunk embarrassing. It probably is more terrifying than anything else especially if it isn’t a truck or van. A car’s trunk is dark, you aren’t held down so you feel every single bump in the road, and the worst part is not knowing when it ends. After all even if the car stops, there’s no guarantee you’ll be released from the trunk.

I mean there are ways out of trunks, but those weren’t exactly discrete in most cases. I’m kind of happy that people were that opposed to me riding in the trunk. While it was true that I didn’t mind sitting in a trunk, it would be a lie if I did say I would prefer sitting there over sitting in the car normally.

“I guess I’ll be sharing a seat with you then Aleen. Don’t complain when we’re all in the car then. I did offer to save some space after all.”

While that was going on, I heard something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia Ramlsqr
    "Oh, Alex? Hmm, haven't seen hair or hide of the girl today after classes. Though she attented those. The last I heard yesterday, she had a project or something going on at the library at Owl's Nest. Apparently she met some weirdo over there and they hit it off, both being interested in the history of this town."
    So Alex Terrot met Nora… From the sound of things, I might have a new library companion or someone I might help while I’m working at the Owl’s Nest sometime. Maybe I should ask her if she found anything interesting as… a fellow mystery follower.

While that went on, I heard Caleb about how no one should sit on Inacio’s lap otherwise they would charm them. I was a bit concerned about how the “Latin Charm” only works on people who want to be wooed… Because that meant I wanted to be wooed. Just a little bit... Of course, I heard Caleb’s words about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjay
    "Yeah, sure. That explains why you've been making googly eyes at Vier ever since she entered the room."
    I acted as if I didn’t hear those words and gave a friendly smile and wave to Caleb Montjay and Inacio. Which also meant I saw Inacio’s mischievous smirk towards Hisa for some reason and something about a battleground.

Talk about alcohol made me tune out for a little bit again. While everyone might one for alcohol, I’ve never liked the taste… or effects of alcohol. Even if people swear by it, I think I’ll just carefully drink slowly if the occasion ever arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Oh, believe me, A.D's got you covered. They make one mean steak as well, mostly local wildlife since, well, it's so abundant after... err, nevermind. Just believe me, that's the place you wanna go if you're hungry. Plus the owner is super nice. So, as long as you don't run into her asshole of a daughter, it should be all good!"
    Looks like I still have to do some work if I wanted to fix the issues between Aleen and Cathie. Well half of the issue is my fault after all. Granted, the initial impression between the two is still Aleen’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "So, uh... Vier, Aleen, Ubon and Ramia would go to Elaine's car? Thats five. So that'd leave us with me, Hisa, Prushka and... well, if Inacio or Vivienne wants to go, they'd fit into my car as well. That'd be ten in total. If everyone's raring to go that means squeezing up a little bit. Hmm..."
    “I’m fine with that as long as Aleen is fine with sharing a seat with me.”

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Alex? I don’t think I’ve seen her...Was she even around for classes?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramia
    "The last I heard yesterday, she had a project or something going on at the library at Owl's Nest. Apparently she met some weirdo over there and they hit it off, both being interested in the history of this town."
    Vivienne nodded as Hisa and Ramia told her what they knew about Alex's whereabouts. She hadn't met the girl too since the last time they were at the beach, and most likely was wondering where she could be.

Nodding to Ramia's words, Vivienne gave her something that was most likely a light bow of appreciation; a common thing for her to do seeing that she could not really give anyone a convincing smile nor word her gratitude.

With her inquiry out of the way, Vivienne paused and listened as the others kept talking on about people would be fitting inside cars, and that list included Vivienne herself somehow. From what she had overheard as she had entered the room, it seemed like everyone was trying to decide where to go and what to do for this evening -- with the hard rain falling down above, it made sense that arranging for a car ride would be best for those who wanted to leave the dorms and spend their free evening in town...

... riding the bike under this weather was probably not be the brightest of ideas, yes.

Having decided what she wanted to do, Vivienne seemingly was about to utter one of these simple words of her to communicate her intentions, but no words escaped from her open lips -- instead the silent girl went back to her drawing notepad, doubtlessly making a quick sketch to act as her wordless message.

The Drawing

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

With a smile, I enter the room, glancing around it with an arched eyebrow, before looking at Souma once more, inclining my head slightly. "Hmm, I suppose I should introduce myself, should I not?"

But how to do so, is as always, the question. The two of us are dangerous, scarily so in so many ways, and the only indicator of such dangers is what we know of each other that nobody else could possibly discover. My smile slowly vanishes, and I sigh, stretching out my back as I do so, feeling my joints twist and crack as my arms extend to their fullest.

"Ahhhh, but I don't really know how to, you know? While I do know that you're almost assuredly a person who exists on the turnside of the world, I'm entirely unsure of whether my full title is appropriate here. Am I 'Alexstrasza Lockhart' to you, as I am to so many others here, or something more? After all, at the party the both of us acknowledged one another."

Existences that exist on the edge of society and reality itself.

This is the kind of people Souma and I are. Not really fit for normal ordinary society in any way. I sit on the edge of his bed, looking downwards at my feet, a small smile on my face.

"I was really worried, you know? I'm not good at this sort of thing. I'm definitely ill-suited for this sort of battle, because it's one far more secretive then I'm used to. I've never even spent a solitary second in a place where everyone didn't know who I was, what I am, before coming here."

I point a finger at him, a lazy smile on my face. "But seriously, you can't just go around feeding girls stuff like that, you know? Someone might get the wrong idea, and I doubt they'll be as nice as me about it."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Barn party? Nah, nah. I breed enough trouble no matter what I do, can’t be throwin’ any wild parties. This…”

Circling the speakers, Colt inspected them up and down. An evil grin began to form on the boy’s lips, and he sensually slid his hand down the side of one of the speakers.

“… Is for an alarm clock.”

No more half-dead mornings. No more crawling into the shower like a zombie. No more sitting down in the cafeteria and spitting his food at the wrong person.

Before he knew it, a sinister giggle had escaped the boy’s throat.

“Yeah, the finest alarm clock this town has ever seen. Tommy, you are the man. The man!” Colt enthusiastically patted Tommy on the shoulder, flashing a large smile. “Once we get these over to my place, there’s some other stuff I’m lookin’ to buy. Might be a tall order, and a bit pricy, but damn important.”

The boy leaned in and ‘whispered’ quite loudly, while locking his eyes on Cathie.

“Gotta be discreet though, keep it on the downlow, ya know what I’m saying? Sometimes a man’s got sensitive needs and wants.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Judging from the sounds of nonsense conversations, laughter, some yelling and gargled, high-pitched... grunts(?), maybe it had been the best decision to go to the kitchen instead. Whatever was going on there was no doubt trouble, and spending some time with Sakura was bound to be more relaxing, or at the very least, more normal. There was also the fact that closer Lucille got to the kitchen, the more she smelled the absolutely wonderful fragrances of food that wafted from within, promising cuisine from Sakura's homeland if one could deduce anything from the hint of ginger in the air.

Yes. This had definitely been a better option.

Though... now that Lucille was almost to the doorway, something in her instincts made her stop. There was something odd in the air, and it wasn't the smell of food.

There was tension.

--------------- Something made her stop and listen before she went inside, like an old reflex kicking in just in the nick of time.

And after being silent for about five seconds, she could hear Sakura's quiet voice.

"... You're sure about that?" Sakura asked from someone inside the kitchen. "I'm not asking how you checked the room, but... if that's true, then whatever's going on is more serious than I thought."

Wait.

Of all the people to answer Sakura Tsukioka... it was Mercedes West?

Sounding uncharacteristically serious, just like Sakura?

"Like, I have my ways," Mercedes snorted. "But yeah, the little shit's the only one who's been there. No trace of moved furniture or whatevah. But that midget slut did booby-trap her door handle. I almost, like, lost my fingers! Seriously. I mean, seriously. That shitface is gonna pay when I get my hands on her."

The sigh from Sakura was as audible as her voice.

"If you strangle her, she's gonna know you went there," Sakura said. "And we don't want that... not yet. Anyway, here's your payment... though I still can scarcely believe that you're good at this sorta thing."

What followed was a mocking laugh from Mercedes, like she had found something ironic in Sakura's words.

"That's rich, coming from you," Mercedes answered. "Anyways, much appreciated. Like, it's not like I'm not interested in this thing myself. Whoever's messing with my main girl's head is gonna pay. Big time."

There was a long silence of ten seconds, followed by Sakura saying something strange.

"... Thanks."

One could practically hear Mercedes raise an eyebrow.

"Huh? Like, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Nothing really," Sakura continued. "In any case, I'm going to be looking further into this. If she really is out there, there's gotta be some trace left... even if I can't actually remember her. Just like you."

There was a sound of grinding teeth - most likely Mercedes expressing her frustration.

"... That's, like, the thing that bothers me the most. Gawd. Me, lost my memory? That just doesn't happen," the actress practically spat out. "Somebody has to know something, and the most suspicious person is that brown little shitstain. One way or another, I'mma make her squeal."

Mercedes West cracked her knuckles loudly.

"... And tell me who the hell Elizaveta Vyraj is."

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Also: Chipmunk?"
    Travis rolled his eyes, like it should have been obvious.

"You got brown hair, you're small... and you squeak a lot," he answered. "Plus I saw you stuffing your face back in the bus with the food of that spaz of a brunette. So yeah, Chipmunk you are."

As always, it was a nasty reasoning and an unfair insult of sorts... but that's the way things seemed to be with Travis. His mean-spirited ways and foul mouth never seemed to have any reason or justification... it was just the way he acted, no matter what. Like being a jerk was in his blood or his default mode just for the hell of it. Of course the fact that he was here at Pinefall might have meant that his personality stemmed from some deeper issue or that his hatred of his classmates came from trauma or something but honestly... that didn't exactly feel like the case.

He just was an asshole because he wanted to be - that felt like the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Ready as I'll ever be. Speaking of which, just who or what is the rabbit we're looking for?"
    Travis gestured that the two of them begin walking. After all, it was a long way to the town and standing around in the rain wasn't bound to be fun. As they passed the gates and headed down the asphalt road, he finally deemed to answer Elise's question, lighting another cigarette for himself and blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"A person. A woman, to be exact. Tall as a moose and looks like someone just rammed a steel rod straight up her anus... and that she enjoyed the experience. Should stand out from locals pretty well," Travis explained. "Might not find her today, but you never know. She should be in this town, somewhere."

After taking another drag off his smoke, Travis continued.

"Also, be on a lookout of this dusky-skinned guy, like coffee or something. Bad hombre and we might wanna run if he decides to follow us," the boy said, worryingly. "He gets his kicks out of, well, literally kicks and always tends to fuck things up whenever I get too close. He's like the physical incarnation of a restraining order or something, I swear..."

Well, that made this trip to the town sound even more worrisome than it had already been.

Colt Davin

He steps up to the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Gotta be discreet though, keep it on the downlow, ya know what I’m saying? Sometimes a man’s got sensitive needs and wants.”
    He swings for the fences.

"Ugh. Tommy, you can't seriously think about building this creep a porn theater or something," Cathie groaned. "All guys ever do is think with their dick. Disgusting.

And he misses the ball completely!

Tommy sounded, for a moment, like he was about to choke at Cathie's words. The older man shot Colt a look that almost looked like it said: 'You're seriously not about to ask for that, are you?' and then turned towards the auburn-haired girl, shaking his hands and his head in a desperate attempt to deny this accusation most foul.

"W-wait, not... No! That's not what he was asking at all... right?" Tommy protested, once again shooting a desperate look at Colt. "You got it all wrong, Cathie. B-besides, if anything it's gotta be about that gu---"

Looking like he had swallowed a frog, Tommy stopped his words midsentence. Indeed, the man was starting to look like he was turning red, slowly but surely.

This awkward moment didn't go unnoticed by Cathie who finally put down her magazine for a moment, only to shoot a questioning look at the both boys, her left eyebrow cocked in a manner that showed she had had a lot of practice when it came to this sort of expression. The type that put under doubt all your goals, motives and underlying desires. The most fearsome weapon any teenage-girl had... her ability to not believe anything a male said!

"Gu---? Cat got your tongue, Tommy?" Cathie asked, before switching over to Colt. "You drag our poor mechanic into something illegal? You have the looks. Of doing lots of illegal stuff. Should've known you Pinefall lot wouldn't be anything but trouble..."

A somewhat disgusted look took its place on Cathie's face.

"This autumn just keeps getting worse..." the girl grumbled to herself, pulling up the magazine once more and hiding behind it.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "But seriously, you can't just go around feeding girls stuff like that, you know? Someone might get the wrong idea, and I doubt they'll be as nice as me about it."
    Souma blinked with his one eye, his impassive face betrayed no expression. Putting one of his hands, still covered with a leather glove, to his chin, he rubbed it like he was thinking. Softly, using that voice of his that was like a silk that was being used to cut bone in ancient times, he muttered the word: "... turnside...?" quietly, he seemed to descend into a momentary then.

And then:

"Ah. Aah. I see... you're one of those people..."

Souma Nubatama started laughing.

It was a quiet murmur of a chuckle that continued and grew in intensity, the type that nobody actually happy would have made... yet from Souma, it clearly came from actual amusement. The dark intensity in that laugh was somehow made worse by the fact that there was no evil intent, no irony or schadenfreude behind it. It was eerie in a sense that while someone like Alexstrasza Lockhart should have felt nothing but it... now it made her instincts get on the edge. They were warning her of something, but whatever it was, remained a mystery so far.

But those animal-like base instincts in people were rarely wrong, for they had been part of them throughout the lifespan of humanity.

"Hehehe... heh... hm..."

Eventually, the laughter stopped and finally, Souma turned to look at Alexstrasza still sitting on the bed, giving her the full attention of his golden eye. A foreboding smile, like that of a snake, played on his lips.

"I must apologize. You have me mistaken for someone I'm not," he said, simply. "Oh, don't worry. I know of you're type. I've had a few-run ins with your ilk in my day-to-day life... dealt with people like that as I usually do... but nothing more than that. I'm sorry I gave you a false impression of who I was. That wasn't my intention."

His eye narrowed a bit.

"What happened at the beach was simply a whim of mine. You had a similar smell to me, so I decided to play a test. And it turned out alright. You were used to it," Souma explained with that soft voice of his. "I had personally procured the meat the night before so... You can understand I wanted to show off my skills as a chef to someone. Of the few that I tried it on, you were the only one to react. Funny, that."

Wait.

Didn't this mean...?

Wasn't this...?

If what Souma said was the truth, then one mystery had become immediately, horrifyingly clear. Why his gaze, why his orders back then, why his whole being... felt more like an apex predator than that of Alexstrasza herself. Connecting the dots left only one possible option, one possible outcome, and that...

--- That meant that Souma Nubatama was worse ******* than Alexstrasza Lockhart could ever hope to be.

"So, I apologize again. And introduce myself at the same time," the boy said, taking a little bow before the blonde girl. "I am Souma Nubatama."

He smiled at her.

"A human."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 15th, 2019 at 09:40 PM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I make a face of distaste as Souma says his piece, running a hand through my hair.

"I see. I suppose I have indeed made a bit of a... miscalculation, you could call it? I haven't met many people who eat things like that for fun, you know. Sustenance and continued existence, yes, but never just for the thrill of it. It's too much of a pain to acquire for the most part."

I smile.

This is a meeting between two kinds of existences that should not exist, and neither should ever cross. My eyes dance across the room, before finally going back to the person in the center of it, directly before me. There are many ways I could reply, I suppose, but my full title seems... unnecessary, considering that Souma wouldn't have a single clue what any of those phrases mean. It's a bit embarrassing, really - I was all prepared and excited to exchange notes and such, but in the end, he's simply a greater ******* then I could ever hope to be. Whether it's my own naivety, or simply the way the world has become, I am simply not fit to even argue with him over how to do things in the end.

Twirling a stray strand of hair in my hand, I look Souma in the eyes, and sigh. "Ahhh, but if you introduce yourself that way, then I suppose I must respond in kind, no?"

Standing up, I lift the edges of my skirt and curtsy, staring up at him a small smile on my face in this spartan room. This is, after all, a meeting of two similar, and yet entirely different existences after all.

"Alexstrasza Lockhart, a *******, at your service."

There's static in my voice, in a way - it's almost hard to decipher what I'm saying. It's not as if the world is so distorted that existences like Souma are cruel or wicked, far from it - it's simply the natural order of things. But in spite of it, I can feel myself begin to frown, and a sigh leaves my lips unwanted as I lean back on his bed.

"That's a bit annoying, though. I was hoping that I could have found a comrade in arms in the midst of all this. Although..."

I tap a finger to my lips, thinking.

"There are quite a few existences in the dark that I suppose neither of us know about. And if two similar, and yet not at all the same people such as us can meet here, then I suppose there's a chance for far more then even I originally expected to find at this school!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Well, so much for relaxation. It seemed that she’d overheard a business transaction involving a mystery she was most certainly invested in and people who were, at least, supposed to be her friends. One could call it good timing… but Lucille hadn’t imagined things would already escalate to this point, with breaking into rooms and paying others to investigate. The school certainly had its fair share of mysteries, but this independent investigation into the whereabouts of Elizaveta Vyraj and by extension, the appearance of Xylia Pheme, caught her off guard.

Well, if Lucille had to put into words… She didn’t think Mercedes would willingly cooperate with anyone, let alone for her sake. And Sakura’s decision to work with her… Those things caught her off guard, made her pause for a bit as she took all of it in and made her decision.

If she waited out here to listen in, it seemed likely Mercedes would leave and catch her in the act. It wasn’t as if the hallway was big or had convenient spots to hide oneself, after all. It was better, at least in her mind, to come in and admit what she had heard.

And join them, of course. How could Mercedes bring her up but also leave her in the dark? Friendships were supposed to be about trust and communication, weren’t they? She could just enter and pretend she heard nothing, just to see their expressions, but that wouldn’t get anything done. Amuse her, yes, but amusement was less important than the real task at hand.

With a sharp breath, Lucille opened the door to the kitchen and made himself known to the two inside.

“So, I heard we’re committing crimes,” she said quietly, like she was talking about something unspeakable. “But I can pretend we’re all upstanding members of the community if you let me know what’s going on in Xylia’s room.”

Lucille smiled as she closed the door behind her, but rather than something kind and radiant, it was cold and artificial. Just to appear angry, of course, but they didn’t need to know that.

“Right, you two?”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

I couldn’t understand these boys. But then, even though it would be so easy...I’m not even sure if I wanted to. All that seems to be on their minds is ogling and fantasizing about whatever girl is in their presence…

So disappointing.

"All I can say is: Good luck."
    “...Huh?”

Good luck? With what? Why is he looking at me like that?

“Uh, but yeah, I just figured that I would ask him since the original plan was to go as a group…”

But at this point, my eyes wandered back on Prushka and the cyan haired impulsive madness, and from there on, I could only watch the scene in complete dismay.

It was now clear that she was even worse than I had initially thought, and her behaviour and obvious lack of common sense would certainly just cause further issues if I were to associate myself with her.

I definitely wouldn’t have the energy to handle her, at the very least.

Finally, Elaine seemed to take pity on Prushka - or maybe was just trying to prevent Ubon from doing something stupid - and tried to intervene, but regardless of that, Ubon was still holding on.

Shaking my head in disapproval as I watched, I managed to finally utter some words;

“Man, this is just a bit too much...Have some respect for the small girl...No matter how cute she is, she is still about our age and not just a kid, you know?”

For a moment, I considered going over to help - but I quickly realized that if Elaine wasn’t able to deal with her, what chances would I have? Why should I tire myself out with something so stupid when there are still so many things to do today?

“Geez...At least don’t crush her to death…”

Tearing my eyes away from this ridiculous scene, I noticed the new drawing Vivienne made;

“Sure, you should definitely come along!”

Then, turning back to Pyry, I gave the boy a tired look, one that was just practically saying : ‘Can we go before this gets worse?’

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 09.09.1994

Anna let out a yawn as she unceremoniously dropped her backpack in the corner of her room. Violent rain thrummed the dormitory roof, causing the rhythmic sound of rain to echo throughout the room. The rain hadn’t let up an inch since morning. If anything, it had gotten even worse as the day went on. A fact which Anna had ample time to confirm while in class, bored out of her mind. In essence, her luck today was horrible.

Getting rained on during the morning and getting rained upon in the evening. Must have stepped on a fortune cookie or something.

Grabbing her duffle bag from her bed and her, still a bit damp, umbrella from the room corner, Anna headed out. The dormitory was abuzz with life, in a way she hadn’t really seen before, earlier in the week. Then again, she hadn’t been that much around in the dormitory itself so it might have been something that she had completely missed. Though the rain must have played some part in this at least.

Bag over her shoulder and black umbrella in hand, the raven-haired girl headed downstairs. Considering the weather, the sooner she headed out, the better. Considering her luck, it might get even worse as the evening progressed. She could hear the animated conversation going on in the Common Room far before she ever managed walked past the doorway itself. Judging by the number of voices Anna could make out…

...almost a third of the class? More?

A quick, passing, glance at the room confirmed that, as she could make out no less than ten people in the room itself - Winters, Ramia, Caleb, that boisterous loudmouth Leijonamieli and his pint-sized sidekick, that cyan-haired menace and a bunch of other folks besides. She couldn’t make out Gabi though… which was a concern in itself.

He better not have gone into the forest for his camping trip again.

Despite his shy nature, she had a feeling that the blonde boy was surprisingly stubborn if he wanted to. Not to mention, she still wasn’t sure if he got through to him yesterday or if he just chose to play along with her in order to avoid the hassle. Anna wouldn’t put it past him, really. Either way, the German boy wasn’t in the Common Room and there was nothing she could do about that at the moment.

But that didn’t mean that she had no business in the room itself. Despite wishing nothing more than to simply keep walking out of the door, she should, at the very least, ask if Ramia wanted to come along. All things considered… Well, who knew. It might end up making things easier in the long run.

So, with a small shrug, she headed through the doorway and into the bustling Common Room.

The Estonian girl gave the rest of the folks in the crowd a couple of casual greetings. Just enough to be polite, but not enough to actually get mired in conversation. With any luck, she would be able to just quickly float in and out without getting mired in any drama. She had no intention to stay for any meaningful period of time anyway.

It didn’t take her long to reach the dusky-skinned Ramia who was seated in a nearby armchair, with the, rather familiar looking, game console lying next to her.

“Evenin’” Anna gave the girl a lazy wave in greeting. “I have a couple of things to check out in Owl’s Nest, so I was wondering if you wanted to tag along, but…”

Anna’s eyes flickered over to the loud crowd as a wry grin appeared on her face.

“You seem to have another “adventure” already in the works, eh?”

Even though she didn’t say it, the following silent “....Dr. Jones.” was more than cleary visible from Anna's amused expression.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff & Hisa Momoi & Prushka & Elaine Winters & Vivienne Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "C'mon, dang it, let her go, Ubon there's a point where ya gotta give some space, so come on already and let the poor girl be...!"
    “Man, this is just a bit too much...Have some respect for the small girl...No matter how cute she is, she is still about our age and not just a kid, you know? Geez...At least don’t crush her to death…”
    "............... Ah."

And, just like that, Ubon was apparently snapped out of the berserk-like state of adoration she had descended into. The cyanhead ended up staring at the small girl in her arms and slowly, carefully, pried Prushka off of her own bosom. There was something of a slurping sound, like a suction cup being removed, and air finally passed normally into the tiny girl's lungs. From the looks of it the worst had been avoided and Prushka didn't end up as a corpse... and Ubon didn't end up as a murderer.

Still though, Prushka's body probably wasn't meant to flop around like the way it did when Ubon held her at arm's lengths, hands under the other girl's armpits.

"Err... sorries. I... I dunno what came over me. I mean, I had seen you befores, Prushie, but that was just in the classroom. Up close you're totes irresistable, ehehehe~!" Ubon tried to explain before blushing bright, sticking her tongue out and rubbing the back of her head (making Prushka's body flop even more now that she had only one support). "Like, omigawd! There should be a law against people as cute as you are!"

Still giggling to herself, Ubon turned to look back at Elaine and Hisa, grinning widely at both of them.

"Oh, and don'cha worry! I knows that Prushie here is our age, for realsies!" the cyanhead continued. "But age don't mean thing! Even someone old as us can be totes adorbs, just like Lil' Prushie here~!"

Looking like she still wanted to nuzzle some more (but refraining from it, thank god), Ubon finally set Prushka down on the floor and clapped her hands together, settling down to a lotus position like it had been the most natural way to sit. Then, still wearing that grin, Ubon leaned a bit closer to Prushka, her eyes sparkling once more.

"Hey, heyheyhey~!" Ubon accosted the smaller girl. "D-do you mind if we're friends? I supers wanna hang out with you, for realsies!"

---- Well, it looked like this incident was over now.

Even Aleen, who had been watching the whole tangled up mess of Prushka, Ubon and Elaine while cackling like mad and holding her stomach, wiped tears of laughter from her eyes and finally answered Elaine to what she had said about Avery's Diner.

"Oh, in that case you should totally try the place when you have time to just sit down and, like, enjoy the food leisurely," the blue-haired girl said. "Start with their burger or something and then finish it all up with a slice, or two, or a whole cherry pie and a cup of coffee - black, no sugar or milk. Honestly, it's so good it'll kill you."

Aleen nodded towards Vier, frowning a bit when she saw her friend so focused on Inacio and Caleb, but then proceeded to talk to her anyway.

"Vier here can back me up," Aleen said with a determined nod. "Cherry pie and coffee to die for."

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    *Shows a Picture*
    “Sure, you should definitely come along!”
    Pyry, who had seen Hisa's much-telling gaze, practically jumped up from the floor and immediately hissed from pain, slapping his legs that had probably gone numb from having been sitting so long. At the same time he grabbed Prushka from the back of her collar and lifted her up as well, possibly hoping to avoid getting into any more trouble with Ubon and her endless interest in the smaller girl.

"A'ight! What are we sitting around anymore, then? Let's hit the road when we still have time to spend in town?" Pyry said a bit too forcefully cheerful. "Come on gang! To the Lion Mobile!"

... What the hell was a Lion Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Evenin. I have a couple of things to check out in Owl’s Nest, so I was wondering if you wanted to tag along, but… You seem to have another “adventure” already in the works, eh?”
    Meanwhile a certain raven-haired girl who had been keeping some distance from her classmates during the week had finally decided to join them in the common room. Ramia, hearing a familiar voice, turned to greet Anna with a lazy grin... but almost immediately frowned slightly when she heard what she had to said... or rather, what Anne left unsaid. The sting of a joke was obvious for anyone to hear.

And perhaps that was why...

"Oh for sure, I don't mind that," Ramia said. "Tackling the city together that is."

Something was off.

Perhaps it was the shit-eating grin that rose to Ramia's face as her hand slammed down on Anna's shoulder and held it in a vice-grip, the dusky-skinned girl turning to look towards Elaine.

"Hey, Winters! I found someone who can sit on my lap in your car, so let's get going as well!" Ramia hollered.

... It had been a trap after all.

Vier Wolff & Elaine Winters & Anna Vandemeel

"Hrm, so if Aleen sits on Caleb's lap and Anna sits on Ramia's, I think we can all manage."

Inacio said this as the whole group stood outside in the rain, many of them holding various umbrellas in order to avoid getting wet. This assortment of classmates had gathered around Elaine's cars and at the very least the guys were pretty impressed with the vehicle - Caleb even letting out a low whistle as the thing came to a view. Meanwhile Aleen, who only gave the car a passing glance that told she didn't much care for vehicles, was much more interested about the fact that she was about to get to sit on Caleb's lap.

Ramia, on the hand, was having way too much fun that she had practically ensnared Anna into coming with them as a revenge for the nicknames she cared not one bit about. Still keeping her arm on the other girl (this time thrown over Anna's shoulder in faux-joviality) the dusky-skinned girl was grinning widely despite the rain.

Though she did comment on the car as well.

"Huh. That's one hell of a set of wheels you got there, Winters," Ramia said, raising an eyebrow at the vehicle. "I was wondering earlier this week who owned the thing... turns out the pets often resemble their owners, all."

She chuckled to herself, before glancing towards certain other group that was not far away from them, gathered around another car. Inacio was looking at that way as well, and the boy laughed softly at what Ramia had just said.

"I suppose you're right there," the musician spoke. "Though not everyone is impressed. I think Pyry looked somewhat amused when she saw this car... though that might just be his competitive spirit taking over. After all, he has a muscle car as well."

So this was the end result.

Group Elaine's Car was:
    • Vier
    • Aleen
    • Ramia
    • Anna
    • Inacio
    • Caleb

Prushka & Hisa Momoi & Vivienne Bianchi

Meanwhile, at the other end of the parking lot, Pyry Leijonamieli (who had been just previously shooting a sort of smugly superior gaze towards Elaine's car) was now wearing a whole another expression. With slightly shaking hands, he put the key in the door lock and opened up the car so that others could hop in. Pale in face, the boy sat down on the driver's seat, letting out a loud sigh... and put his head against the steering wheel like there was a heavy migraine incoming.

"... Goddammit..." Pyry muttered. "... Why me...?"

The reason for the lanky athlete's sudden awkwardness and clear uncomofrtable feelings at the situation... well, there were many reasons. Most of them only something he himself knew. But at the same time, one of them was more obvious than all others, one that had made Inacio and Caleb howl in mocking laughter when they had seen how the groups had been divided.

Group Pyry's Car ended up being:
    • Prushka
    • Hisa
    • Vivienne
    • Ubon

"Wooooow, you got a real nice car there, Pyry!" Ubon spoke, sounding amazed as she bounced around the parking lot, not caring about the rain or umbrellas in the least. "I bet'cha you got some real sweet tunes ready as well, for realsies!"

Pyry groaned even harder.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 17th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "That's a bit annoying, though. I was hoping that I could have found a comrade in arms in the midst of all this. Although... There are quite a few existences in the dark that I suppose neither of us know about. And if two similar, and yet not at all the same people such as us can meet here, then I suppose there's a chance for far more then even I originally expected to find at this school!"
    Souma chuckled to himself, sitting down on the only chair that was in the room. A plain, old, wooden chair that must have been used in classrooms before they were switched to new ones. When Alexstrasza had introduced herself there had not been a single hint of surprise in the boy's expression but at the same time... he felt curious, if anything. A rare way to react to someone like the blonde girl before him.

Whether that was refreshing or concerning, well... that was something only Alexstrasza could answer.

"I concur," Souma answered with a slight nod of his head. "I must admit... Never did I expect to meet someone like you. But here I am. Talking with you. Very interesting, from various points of views. Though I suppose, for the sake of polite conversation, I'll withold my usual number one question and settle for something else."

He chuckled like he had told a joke.

"Ah, but if it is a 'comrade-in-arms' you are looking for, I... could, perhaps, help you in that regard," Souma continued. "As I said, I'm no stranger to your ilk and let's just say I've... found my ways to keep up. And I suppose I fancy myself something of a smart and intelligent person. It could be of help to you."

Leaning on the spartan table with his elbow and leaning his head to that same hand, Souma kept the unflinching stare of his golden eye on Alexstrasza, studying how she moved, how she gestured and how she talked. There was a small sense that while Souma acknowledged the other students in the First Class, this was the first time he was actually looking at someone properly. Just because Alexstrasza had started to 'interest' him in some way or another.

"Of course, I'd be doing it wholly for selfish reasons," Souma added with a smirk. "It simply seems that you're not the type to have a dull moment in your life, Lockhart."

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “So, I heard we’re committing crimes. But I can pretend we’re all upstanding members of the community if you let me know what’s going on in Xylia’s room.”
    "GAH!!!"

Lucille's voice and the sudden slam of the door as it flew open caught both of the girls inside completely unawares. Sakura had immediately taken a step back and reached for the kitchen knife that was still on the table. Meanwhile Mercedes had practically jumped out of her suggetive clothes, shooting a dirty (and shocked) look at Lucille... before reverting to a slight shock and clear guilt.

Meanwhile, Sakura just sighed in relief and put the knife back on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Right, you two?”
    This time, a guilty look was exchanged between Mercedes and Sakura both, and they even had the decency to blush a little, having been caught sneaking behind the blonde student's back - their friend's back. But, just as quickly as she became somewhat meek, Mercedes adopted a more indignant expression and marched right towards Lucille, staring her straight in the eyes.

"Ugh, crimes? As if! I just... like, I did what I had to do! Considering you were all suspicious like and whatevah with those guys down at the beach, I figured I'd do some digging of my own," Mercedes explained, refusing apparently to admit she had done something wrong. "Sakura here seemed to, like, share my sentiment so we combined our efforts for, like, a moment. Got a problem with that?"

Behind the starlet, Sakura rolled her eyes, exasperated, and put her hands on her hips. Then she shot a stern look at both Lucille and Mercedes, like she had suddenly grown five years older than both of them and was now exerting her Elder Sister Privileges upon them both.

"... What I think Mercedes here is trying to say is that she felt left out and wanted to contribute," Sakura spoke. "So when I was looking for a way in Xylia's room, she jumped at the chance to show you up like it had been some sort of competition."

A dirty glare was thrown back towards Sakura, Mercedes grinding her teeth in annoyance and anger.

"I... I did so not! Stop talking bullshit, Sakura!" The starlet retorted, pointing an accusing finger at her. "I just, like, wanted to know what was going on or whatevah!"

Incidentally, now that Mercedes was waving her hands around... what was that thing in her hands?

Was that her... payment?

Err...

Why was she holding a collection of baseball cards?
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 17th, 2019 at 05:35 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Prushka & Hisa Momoi & Vivienne Bianchi

Just...How did it end up like this?

Standing in the rain next to Pyry's car, I was now rubbing my temples with my eyes closed, as I let out a small sigh.

I was hoping that she would go with the others...

Isn't it Prushka's fault again...

Though maybe this will let me find more out about her connection to Pyry.

As Pyry opened the car, I decided to take the passenger seat before someone else hogged it - I wasn't ready to sit in the back with Ubon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "... Goddammit... Why me...?"
    "Are you okay?" I asked in a concerned voice, "Why are those two mocking you constantly?"

Maybe I should have asked Inacio about it, but then considering the thick aura of idiocy surrounding him and Caleb, I was sort of doubting that I would get a reasonable answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    "Wooooow, you got a real nice car there, Pyry! I bet'cha you got some real sweet tunes ready as well, for realsies!"
    "And sorry about that, I tried to prevent it..." I continued in a quieter voice, "But exploring the town should still be fun for you as well, right?"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 09.09.1994

A trap indeed.

Anna let out a resigned sigh, as her mind went over events that had taken place over the last couple of minutes. In the end, Ramia had managed to rope her into this little escapade of hers. Well, one might say that Anna was asking for it with her teasing and all and that turnabout is fair play, but… Now she definitely had no intention to stop any time in the near future.

As for the car they were taking…. The red Mustang in front of them was nice, but it was a convertible. Of course there was the thin roof, but fitting six people? To say that it would be a tight fit would probably be a bit of an understatement. Though considering how fascinated King was at the mere mention of being able sitting on the Scottish painter’s lap, being as tightly packed as humanly possible might even be preferable to some of them.

Anna turned towards the car’s owner, as she attempted to disentangle Ramia’s grip on her.

“Winters. Is it okay if I drop my bag off in the trunk?”

“I think we are going to be squeezed enough as it is.” Anna gave white-haired girl next to her an annoyed look. “Though who knows? Having it more cramped may make Ms. Quartermain over here remember that time she was hunting for treasure in King Solomon’s mines.”
    Last edited by Mellon; April 16th, 2019 at 03:00 PM.

Elaine Winters

"Dunno what the heck he's so smug about," Elaine remarked idly, "Beast's seen more action then he ever will."

Her words seemed unconcerned, though her eyes were settled on the stork-like Finn and there was a definite undercurrent of defensiveness, for all that the Mustang was older than she was, she was proud of it, as shown by her preening at the positive attention.

She'd taken good care of him.

Ain't no sauna-loving catman gonna be all hoity-toity without her say-so.

She grumbled faintly, tugging at her hood with understated, irritable movements.

"Yeah, go ahead and toss your stuff in the back, mind my own stuff, yeah? Might mess up the stuff from Oak Island."

She grinned back at the other girl, the low 'thunk-thunk' of the retro-fitted old Mustang unlocking audible through the rain pouring down.

"Don't be so concerned about space," She said, "He's got room where it counts, certainly not the most people I've had in here, so let's pile in and grab a heading, yeah? Get outta this rain."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Looks to me like the one with their head in the gutter’s you, I have only the purest intentions. A man such as I,” jokingly, Colt pressed one hand to his heart and offered the other forward, “has sensitive needs and wants, and they can only be met in a workshop, filled with the finest of powertools.”

Holding that pose, Colt stared into the magazine that was covering the girl’s face, before finally realizing it wasn’t going to be lowered. The judging eyes behind that magazine weren’t on him, which only made the moment sting.

He had wanted her to misunderstand and think that he meant those kinds of needs, but now Tommy had gone and dug a hole for the both of them.

The teenager rolled his eyes.

Girls.

“I’ll have you know the most illegal things I’ve done are driving without a license and…” Colt opened his hand, fingers outstretched. One by one he folded them down with his other hand, until only two were left. “A bit of underage drinking. Perfectly normal stuff!”

Sure, she might be an alien from another planet, belonging to the strange species known as women, but at the least she’d be able to relate to the life of a teenager.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

As we walked up to Elaine Winter’s car, I could appreciate a car like this. While it wasn’t a Bond car by any means, it was a car that was significantly cheaper and more cost effective. Aesthetically, I found the bright red color to be eye catching. Going around in it would definitely have people remember it and its occupants.

"Hrm, so if Aleen sits on Caleb's lap and Anna sits on Ramia's, I think we can all manage."

“Actually wouldn’t it be better if I were to sit on someone’s lap? I’m probably the smallest person here so it wouldn’t be right if I got a seat to myself.”

I gave a slight smile to Inacio before continuing. I heard what Caleb said earlier. Maybe I should see how Inacio would react if it actually happens… For now, I think I can trust Inacio and better yet it seems like an amusing thing to do.

“So since Aleen is probably going to sit on Caleb’s lap… Mind if I borrow yours for the ride?”

When Anna Vandemeel suggested placing her bag in the back, I pulled off my gig bag as well and turned towards Elaine Winters.

“Ms. Winters can I also place Fen in the back as well? I don’t want to add to the discomfort level of the ride because we’ll uncomfortable enough as is...”

I gave a look over to the other car. While we had five seats, they still probably had more room thanks to Prushka being the smallest and only needing to pair one person up.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

My near-death experience ends in the most pathetic way possible: with me being held up in the air like a giant teddy bear by a girl that seems unable to grasp how she did anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Like, omigawd! There should be a law against people as cute as you are!"
    "..."

A twitch. I manage to twitch in response, like one of those voice activated dolls you see on the television, but with nearly dead batteries.

What manner of creature is this? Surely no human being could - no, they might exist. Humans are awful, so I shouldn't be surprised by anything. Staring at me with those sparkling eyes after completely disregarding the concept of personal space, grinning from eye to eye without a hint of malice and...

It's almost certain that this creature, this "Ubon" has almost no self-control to speak of.

"Hey, heyheyhey~! D-do you mind if we're friends? I supers wanna hang out with you, for realsies!"
    "...seriously? After all that?"

No, she's definitely serious. What's more, she's seriously not giving up. I can't believe someone who ignored my personal space and nearly killed me is asking to be my friend moments later. I'd say I can't believe it, but, unfortunately, I totally can. This is the Oceandrop Program, after all. What's even harder to believe is, after everything...

"Ugh... fine!"

I can't even hate this idiot for being an idiot. Not when she looks at me with those innocent eyes, like a big dumb dog that just wants to spread the love.

"But first you're going to sit there, open up those ears, and listen."

Because idiocy is always curable.

I stand, fold my arms and... still not tall enough. Let's see, that small table should do... I drag it over and climb on top, so I can properly look down at Ubon sitting cross-legged on the floor.

"First! Ask for permission before doing anything like that to someone!"

"Second! Nicknames without approval are two hundred percent banned!"

"Third! It should go without saying, but pay attention before you accidentally kill someone!"

"And finally, cute is banned! Never ever use that word! I'm not adorable or cute or anything like that!"

There. That's a good start. But... hm. She might not have gotten it.

"We're gonna keep at this until you can recite those back to me, in order, without a single mistake. Then we can be friends."

Yeah. Humans are awful. That's why they invented drill sergeants.

-----------------

Prushka

I can't help but stare at the dormitory as we're about to leave.

In truth, I don't really want to be here. Well, I do want to go out and explore the town, even if it's with a bunch of strangers who are likely awful. But there's a part of me that says I'm ignoring something important. That I don't have time for this silliness. That I should be looking, and investigating, because it's life or death.

I can't find it in me to disagree with that part...

Which is why, before we left, I wrote something on a piece of paper:

"We're gonna talk tomorrow. Apparently there's a place here with good pie. I'll pay for your slice."

Then I folded the paper up and slipped it into the crack between Xylia Pheme's door and the frame, so that when she next opens it, it'll fall out.

Sorry. I wanted to talk to you directly. But somehow I ended up promising Pyry, and that comes first.

Speaking of Pyry...

"Wooooow, you got a real nice car there, Pyry! I bet'cha you got some real sweet tunes ready as well, for realsies!"
    He looks like he wants to die. Not that I blame him. This turned into something kinda ridiculous.

I look at the four people... Vivienne is a stranger, and Hisa is a cold, calculating foe. Pyry is driving, which leaves...

"Ubon," I say firmly to the girl that assaulted her way into being my newest friend. "Lend me your lap."