Page 61 of 244 FirstFirst ... 11515659606162636671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 09.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

Lucille did feel guilty about the pout on Mercedes’ face, but she supposed that she’d just have to carefully think about boundaries afterwards. The starlet was certainly mean-spirited… but reformation was a gradual process, wasn’t it? She’d have to ease Mercedes in to being a better person than she was yesterday, one step at a time. Maybe being too forceful was the wrong idea…

But before she could truly dwell on those thoughts—

"Why yes, Addie~! That's how we do things~!" Sakura cooed, rubbing her cheek against Lucille's. "I'm glad you're not judging, since that's just how things are~! Milady here is the master and I'm but a lowly servant, ahahaa~!"
    Lucille’s reaction to Sakura’s sudden affection was much like that of a startled cat; she practically shot up like a rocket with an inelegant squeak.

“J-just what are you d-doing?! I know being clingy is on your profile but please could you not actually do it to me!” Despite the panicked tone of her words, Lucille made a rather poor effort to shake Sakura off, her motions rather restrained, as if she was afraid of accidentally harming the other girl in her effort to get personal space.

In the end, Lucille’s half-hearted efforts were futile, and she dejectedly tried to provide clarification on what Sakura had taken liberties with, uncomfortably jittery.

“So, er, sometimes, your parents feel extremely uncomfortable sending you into what they think is a glorified asylum, so they pull some strings and fake some papers and now your maid gets to go to school with you because they just want your safety above all else,” she said, words flowing like the current of the river. “She’s really my maid. Her paycheck is based off my evaluations.”

Lucille gave Sakura a look that anyone in the room could have understood, the message all too clear.

She’d like it if she was unhanded, now.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Man, you really do act like her,"

Colt gave the man a look. There were many ways to describe that look, but because it could never be pinned down, it could only be called a look.

A look that went away when the other guy got back into his stride. Seeming to be less visibly shaken, and definitely shaking less visibly, Tommy snapped his fingers, pulling a marker from who-knows-where and scribbling together a map on a napkin.

Colt took the napkin map, which had grown to an impressively detailed state.

And gave it an incredulous smile.

“I really am gonna head out with a map drawn on a diner napkin later, ain’t I?” A few amused puffs of air shot out of his nostrils, a subdued laugh. Studying the map for a second, he memorized it, then folded it up and put it into his inner pocket. “Well I hope the Someone who took up residence is looking to sell, or’ll at least lemme take a looksee.”

Colt glanced down at his empty drink.

Then toward where all the cooking was happening.

“Course, I wouldn’t be against hearing what Cathie’s into,” raising his voice slightly so that it might carry further than just between Tommy and himself, Colt continued. “I might not be a girl, but I’ve got that teenage thing going for me, so maybe there’ll be some overlap.”

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

"Why yes, Addie~! That's how we do things~! I'm glad you're not judging, since that's just how things are~! Milady here is the master and I'm but a lowly servant, ahahaa~!"

“J-just what are you d-doing?! I know being clingy is on your profile but please could you not actually do it to me!”

Adelaide couldn't help it, and began to laugh. It wasn't the booming laugh Prushka and Pyry had seen, but a normal, girly laugh. Lucille's face was just too much.

“So, er, sometimes, your parents feel extremely uncomfortable sending you into what they think is a glorified asylum, so they pull some strings and fake some papers and now your maid gets to go to school with you because they just want your safety above all else. She’s really my maid. Her paycheck is based off my evaluations.”

Adelaide put a hand to her mouth, stifling her giggles. She waved her hand back and forth.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for teasing you. I didn't think it was something like that to begin with," She would never be that stupid, for one. Even she could read the room. "Well... you do what you have to do, I guess. I'll keep quiet."

She had promised.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Elise Pelltier

Travis turned his attention Elise, and then to his pop, and away from Tommy, as he seemed to consider his reply. Elise spared a quick surreptitious glance in Tommy's direction, who seem to have recovered somewhat from the flyer revelation and was currently focused on a discussion with Colt.

Elise's attention snapped back to Travis when he replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Gagnon
    "... Well look at you, Chipmunk. Trying to cheer up the infamous Ace Degenerate. I'd tell you you're wasting your time and energy, but I think you know that as well. Guys back home would laugh their asses off if they saw someone being this idiotic."
    Elise blinked, taken somewhat by surprise by Travis' response.

Huh, I really was expecting to get laughed at here.

She watched Travis, with his shoulders relaxed and a less aggressive look about him.

He's still the same asshole, but it's fascinating to learn that Travis can drop that edge of his.

"Still, if it's the promise you're worried about, don't. I told you I'd bust that window open for you if you came with me... and you did. Even if we didn't find her."
    "Glad to have you on board Travis," said Elise, "Your help will be much appreciated!"

She raised her glass to Travis and then took a swig of her soda.

"I'll just have to continue looking. She's out here somewhere."
    "I can keep an eye open for her too, if you want, and if I hear anything, I'll be sure to pass it on to you."

I'm still not sure who's supposed to be staying away from who here, but still... I am mildly curious about this whole Moose situation with Travis now... Not that I particularly want to get involved in Travis and the Moose's whole thing.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Colt Davin & Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Course, I wouldn’t be against hearing what Cathie’s into. I might not be a girl, but I’ve got that teenage thing going for me, so maybe there’ll be some overlap.”
    There was a slightly derisive chuckle that could be heard through the kitchen door.

"If you have to ask, that means you're too mainstream!" Cathie answered smugly. "I bet you don't even know who Nirvana are!"

Tommy gave Colt a look of "Told you so" and shrugged. And indeed, now that one thought about it, Cathie's attitude and choice of clothes did have a lot in common with the so-called "Grunge" style, so perhaps the answer did lie there. So if there was any desire to find out what sort of music the girl liked, and find more common ground there, that might have been as much hint as Colt was going to get regarding this...

And speaking of someone getting help...

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Glad to have you on board Travis. Your help will be much appreciated! I can keep an eye open for her too, if you want, and if I hear anything, I'll be sure to pass it on to you."
    For a moment, Travis looked like at Elise like she had sucker-punched him out of the blue. The boy caught himself just in time before his carelessly held glass spilled its contents on his lap. Cursing quietly under his breath, Travis set the glass on the table and shot the brunette a look that was somewhere between mocking and confused.

He clearly hadn't expected her to help further in any way.

--- No, he hadn't even entertained the possibility in the first place.

"... W-whatever," the boy grumbled. "It's not like I'm expecting much from you in the first place. Well, other than finding you going through some other trashbin the next time I see you. I mean who even sorts through someone else's rubbish?"

Travis cackled to himself and focus his attention back on his glass, yet at the same time, his laugh was slightly strange... almost as if worst of the sharp edge from it had disappeared.

And so the diner fell to a somewhat peaceful conversation (or lack of it) as the group waited for their food.

Some five minutes later, and finally the door to the kitchen swung open, revealing both Avery women arriving from behind it. With great ease and experience, Avery slid plates in front of each customer, every single plate containing exactly what had been promised, from meatloaf to eggs and bacon. The fragrance rising from the food was absolutely irresistible, wafting through the room in great big waves that was enough to get a rise of hunger happen in anyone who could smell it. Even Travis, who was about to comment something about the service, was shut up by the burger put in front of him, the size of it making even him shut his mouth for a moment.

"Alright, loves, eat up!" Avery said with a proud smile. "Can't let you be hungry any longer, now can I? And once you're finished, Cathie is pretty much ready with the pie as well, so look forward to that."

Behind her mother, Cathie carried a steaming hot, bright pink pie that she set up on the counter to wait for the hungry customers. There mere sight of that cherry pie was enough to make the knees weak. Indeed, if how food looked was any indication of its taste, then they were in for something truly fearsome and tasty.

... But what was more worrying was the shit-eating, smug grin that Cathie shot towards Colt, almost like saying.

Get ready to admit defeat, cousinkisser.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday & Adelaide Cheshire

Sakura's laughed turned somewhat awkward and she let go of Lucille, taking a step back.

"My my, how vicious Milady, going straight for the money... which, in truth, isn't even yours in the first place. At the end of the day it's still Mr. Faraday who decides on the finances~" the brunette answered, her smile having become a degree colder in the process. "See, girls? This is how she truly is! Honestly, Milady used to be such a sweet, sweet kid and now she even talks back to her very own maid, what impertinence...!"

Sakura put her hands on her hips and shook her head in a manner often reserved for parents and guardians, casting a slight shadow over her own age. After all, if she was the maid of the Faraday family, that would imply she was quite the bit older than Lucille despite her youthful looks. Though, then again... something in how the girl behaved suggested that asking for her actual age would have been the worst mistake anyone could have done.

"Honestly, where did we go raising her...?" Sakura muttered, flashing a mischievous smile and a wink towards Adelaide and Mercedes.

Mercedes rolled her eyes at this whole fiasco.

"Ugh, as fun as it's to watch Lucy's background as, like, old money be revealed... which should've been, like, totally obvious... seriously, girl, you reek of high class.. I still got some places to be," the actress said, taking a step towards the door. "I wanna see if anyone's out there at the faculty office. If not, like, even better. Plus I haven't eaten but an, ugh, protein bar today so I need some actual food or I'mma choke someone. Like seriously, slimming down these thighs is gonna kill me one of these days..."

Letting out an annoyed snort, Mercedes walked over to Lucille, gave her a slight pat on the shoulder as a sign of seeing the blonde later, and then headed out of the door. However, before she could get through the doorway, Mercedes did one last turn. She faced away from Sakura and Lucille, and stared right at Adelaide, leaning a little bit closer and focusing her eyes on the twin-tailed girl.

"And you... Like, you better keep quiet if you wanna stay on our good side. That's one way you can make yourself useful," Mercedes said quietly. "... But there should be, like, many ways people like you would be useful... right?"

Leaving behind those enigmatic words, Mercedes marched out of the kitchen, disappearing into the quickly dimming evening that would soon be turning into night. Sakura scratched her head, somewhat confused by what the actress had said to the other blonde. But apparently the brunette didn't let it bother her for too long, as just as quickly, she was again all smiles.

"A-nyways, I guess I'll go prepare for an incursion into the Sheriff's Department," Sakura said and giggled slightly. "Better pack my raincoat, though. After all, Milady here would hardly forgive me if I actually went and got sick, ahahaha~!"

Though Sakura was sticking to the plan, she made it into a joke... and sucked out of the seriousness of the situation. Indeed, despite the tense topics they had talked about, the way Lucille's maid behaved brought some well-needed levity to what was going on. Especially on a rainy night like this, talking about mysteries and possible murders, a laugh and a smile were much needed commodities.

... If only they could have helped with everything.

After all, unbeknownst to Sakura and Lucille, the look that Mercedes had given to Adelaide with her parting words...

The look that nobody else had seen.

It was that very look...

Spoiler:

... That had sent chills down Adelaide's spine.

[SCENE END /// Move to NEXT Phase!]

Adelaide Cheshire: Friendship Rank Raised!

Lucille Faraday: Friendship Rank Raised!
    Lucille Faraday: True Friendship Rank Revealed!

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Alright, loves, eat up!"

“Don’t.”

Silverware rolled up in a paper napkin jingle jangled as it was let free from its bindings.

“Mind.”

Another napkin was tucked firmly into the boy’s collar. Right where the delicious, delectable, sinful but oh-so-irresistible grease of a well-made meatloaf would inevitably find itself, one way or the other.

“If I do.”

And just like that, Colt took his first bite. Then his second. A third. Almost so fast it was as if he wasn’t chewing at all.

A weighty pound of his fist into his chest, and a glug of soda, made it more than apparent that he actually wasn’t chewing. At all.

“Pardon me I’m just, just so hungry, and this really hits the spot. Oh, Lord.” Colt brought a forkful of meat to his nose. “Y’all really like the black pepper.”

Saying so, the bite disappeared into his mouth.

“Well there ain’t nothing wrong with that.”

Soon after, the rest of the meatloaf followed suit. At a speed that bordered on rude, were it not for the fact that the young man clearly appreciated his food more than his words were letting on. There was little left on the plate other than the sauce the loaf had been swimming in, and that too was disappearing, as Colt began not at all subtly spooning it up and sipping at it.

“A good ol’ boy always cleans his plate, ya see.”

Preemptively explaining himself, defending himself, from any accusations of gluttony, Colt lived up to the legacy of his home. A place where boys aren’t allowed to leave the table until their plate is as clean as it was out of the dishwasher, and where men aren’t allowed to leave until they’ve had seconds and thirds.

“Now that’s what I’ve been missing.” Colt dabbed the napkin at the corners of his mouth before laying it down atop his ‘clean’ plate. “Now if only I had something to send it down, you know, like a…”

Colt let himself trail off, until finally turning toward the pie on the counter.

“Oh right, something like a pie. We did come here for that, didn’t we? Almost forgot.” He shot a sly look at Cathie. “Won’t be easy living up to an entrée like that though…”

He leaned back in his chair, feigning hesitation.

“I’m just not so sure… what if it leaves a sour spot on an otherwise perfect dinner? Oh what to do, what to do…”

Elise Pelltier

"... W-whatever. It's not like I'm expecting much from you in the first place. Well, other than finding you going through some other trashbin the next time I see you. I mean who even sorts through someone else's rubbish?"
    Travis seemed to have been caught completely off-guard by Elise's offer to continue helping him, nearly spilling his drink in surprise.

I suppose if you constantly expect the worst of people, the idea that someone might just offer to help you might feel a little alien...

"Hey! It's not my fault people throw out interesting things! Maybe if people were more discerning about what they toss in the garbage I wouldn't be tempted to fish things out of there..."

You pull two flyers out of a garbage bin and suddenly it just becomes your whole shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Avery Walker
    "Alright, loves, eat up! Can't let you be hungry any longer, now can I? And once you're finished, Cathie is pretty much ready with the pie as well, so look forward to that."
    Avery exited the kitchen and delivered food to her hungry customers. Elise smiled excitedly as Avery placed the plate full of bacon and eggs in front of her, the smell of the meal reminding her just how hungry she was, having skipped out on dinner beforehand to meet up with Travis.

"Thank you very much!" said Elise before she began to dig in.

I'm going to have to come back here for breakfast-at-breakfast sometime, thought Elise as she savoured her meal.

She paused for a moment and looked up from her meal as Cathie exited the kitchen carrying a freshly baked cherry pie. The pie was bright, warm, and delicious looking. By all accounts, it looked like it lived up to its reputation.

Pie to die for indeed.

Elise finished her meal and eagerly awaited the opportunity to order desert.

Blog Entries

The way Avery Walker watched over the four youngsters devour the food she and her daughter had prepared was like proud mother watching over her own children clean their plates to the last grease stain. Especially Colt, who had practically licked his plate clean, was given an affectionate tousle of his hair after he was finished. While it might have been way to a man's heart was through his stomach, it was also quite clear that the way to an older woman's heart was by your own stomach - by eating everything put in front of you, even if it smelled like a burnt rubber tire.

Of course, the food that Avery served didn't smell like burnt rubber tire.

It smelled absolutely far too delicious.

Like there was no refusing the contents of the plate in front of them or not eating it down to every last bit.

"Ahaha, this is why young people are the best customers~!" Avery chuckled, tousling Elise's hair in turn. "You can feed them as much as you can, but there's always space for some more. Cathie, how's that pie coming up?"

As if to answer that question the door to the kitchen swung open again and Cathie walked out, carrying plates with already-cut pieces of cherry red pie that she, showing surprising professionalism and (to be honest) show-off-like behavior, put in front of Colt, Tommy, Travis and Elise. While it was clear that the girl had cut the pie in pretty much four parts, making the slices far bigger than they usually were, the one put before Colt was more like one third of the whole pie. The sly look that had been shot her way had apparently raised some sort competitive spirit in the mind of the auburn-haired girl... or so the smug smile on her face told as she pushed the plate in front of Colt.

"If that leaves a sour spot, you're lamer than I thought. No taste for good pie at all," Cathie snarked while she poured coffee for everyone. "In other words... don't disappoint me now, cousinkisser. You've been doing good so far."

Meanwhile, at the other end of the counter, Travis shot a meaningful look to Elise.

Meaningful in a way that he had arched his eyebrow and glanced at Colt, then back at the brunette, and grinned in a very "knowing" way.

"Is it just me Chipmunk... or is there something mocking-worthy in the way those two act towards each other?" Travis asked with a lower voice. "Something where to mine fun for months and months?"

Tommy, who had been washing his meal down with the coffee, nearly choked in the black drink as he tried not to laugh.

Elise Pelltier

Avery's mother-like pride and joy in her new, youthful clientele added to the warmth and ambiance of the diner. It did, however, mean that there was no hope for Elise to avoid getting her hair tussled. The contents of Elise's plate were cleared, and soon replaced with a delicious looking larger than average slice of cherry pie. Elise, with her fork at the ready, was quick to break off a piece.

She held the piece of her slice of the pie up for inspection. The crust was light and flaky, and the colour of the cherry pie filling, so bright and vibrant, was irresistible. Elise took a bite.

This pie absolutely lives up to its reputation. In fact, I'm feeling reasonably confident that people may have, in fact, already died for it. If so, they died for a good cause.

"This pie is amazing!" exclaimed Elise to Cathie, "Thank you!"

Elise went back to her pie and continued to devour it.

"Is it just me Chipmunk... or is there something mocking-worthy in the way those two act towards each other? Something where to mine fun for months and months?"
    Elise glanced down the counter, beyond Tommy who was nearly chocking on his coffee to avoid laughing, to Colt and Cathie. She turned her attention back to the delicious pie in front of her, guilty of the crime of not yet being eaten by her, as she thought about what was in her pocket.

"I think it's really nice that they've hit it off so well," replied Elise in an equally hushed tone to Travis, "That said though, yes, I do believe that you've struck a very rich vein of ore."
    Last edited by Thalraxal; June 5th, 2019 at 08:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

The elapsed time between the pie’s arrival in front of Colt and the first bite disappearing from his plate and into his mouth could be counted in seconds on one hand. Despite an already sated appetite, his hands moved swiftly, robotically, against his will. The first bite was taken at the same time as the word ‘cousinkisser’ reached his ears, and the boy closed his eyes and shook his head.

It can’t be this good. There ain’t no way.

Proprioception and divine forces worked together, and another blind bite was delivered to his mouth.

“I, I ain’t never kissed no cousin. I don’t think I’ve even got any, but if this pie were my cousin, I’d be a cousinkisser in a heartbeat.”

The words were washed down with a hot mouthful of black coffee. Colt didn’t even like coffee, especially not black coffee. A cosmic force had taken hold of him, and now drank in his stead. Something outside of the realm of men had cut apart that bitter, acidic taste, and the dark liquid went down with a mellow taste, followed by an aftertaste of roasted nuts and a hint of chocolate. Cleansing his palate to prepare it for another bite of pie.

Finally his eyes opened again, and he beheld his serving.

The oversized ‘slice’ of pie had already been cut down to size. When had he eaten that much of it? He only had a few bites, where did it all go? Who was responsible? Who could he blame for the disappearance of his pie?

His out of control hand took another bite and finally he regained his senses.

Chewing slowly, he nodded up and down, resignation filling his eyes, along with contentment. Inner harmony.

He swallowed.

“There’s a certain line o’ thinkin’, that being a man is all about doublin’ down on what you say and think, never admitting you’re wrong, that you can’t be making no mistakes.” Another mouthful of coffee went down in the pause he left after those words, and Colt looked up to Cathie. “I call that weakness. A lack of fortitude. But I’m gonna show you fortitude right now.”

He placed his silverware on his plate, a plate that was dangerously close to clean. A plate that he might cry for once he saw it empty, devoid of pie.

“I wouldn’t die for this pie, but I might just kill for it.” He took a deep breath, placed both hands on the counter, and hung his head. “You win.”

His fingers galloped on the wood, in the rhythm of defeat.

“Best pie I’ve ever had.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Best pie I’ve ever had.”
    Cathie practically preened at those words, for the first time a smile that wasn't completely dry or sarcastic grossing her face. Instead it was a smile that could be considered pretty much genuine. However, as fast as it had arrived, it was gone, instead replaced by the usual languid, smirking expression the girl held onto. She patted Colt on the shoulder, refilled his cup of coffee and did the same for Tommy who was sitting next to him.

"Well, I mean, duh," Cathie finally answered, rolling her eyes. "I made that pie, after all."

Meanwhile, Avery watched her daughter's antics from the sidelines, clearly amused at what was going on. There was, however, something else in that gaze of hers. It was like she was both proud and a little bit relieved. Almost like she was watching someone who had, for the first time in quite a while, crawled out of their shell. Indeed, there might have been many reasons for the townspeople of Road's End to distrust or dislike the arrival of Oceandrop Program and the students of Pinefall, but never let it be said that it didn't also have its pros.

For example, it meant more possible friends for a teen that was the only person her age in a small, dying town.

"Well, eat up, loves! There's still more where that came from, if it's pie you guys want," Avery spoke and chuckled. "Although it won't be something Cathie made. Unfortunately, if you want seconds, you'll have to make do with the cherry pie of yours truly."

Travis stared at the half-eaten pie at this plate, staring at the piece of food like it had been a new enemy he had encountered.

Then, rebelliously, the boy put another bite in his mouth, chewing on it with a grumpy look on his face.

"It's not that good, dammit..." Travis muttered under his breath.

And though he might have said that, it was clear that Travis had no intention of leaving his plate empty.

Thus did time at Avery's Diner pass, the mood growing quite a bit cheerier despite the weather outside being quite heinous. Avery amused the youngsters by telling about local places and customs, specialty foods made from stuff like the local fish, and even sprinkled in some hilarious and embarrassing tales of Cathie's youth. The teenage daughter shot back by needling her mother about her age, how her life revolved around the diner and how Avery was apparently going to feed the Pinefall trio so full they'd be waddling out of the diner as big, rotund balls.

While Travis did not lose his usual sour attitude, he did leave Tommy alone for the rest of the evening. The spiky-haired youth was, in fact, rather quiet for the rest of the visit, though he did continue speaking with Elise a little. Of course it was slightly strange to not hear his usual venom, but perhaps this evening hadn't been for naught - it could perhaps mean that he was slightly less apprehensive of the brunette from now onwards, which was a victory of a certain kind.

And what came to Tommy Horse, he made arrangements with Colt to have what he bought transported to the dormitories during this evening. After all, he was a paying customer and now that they were all full, they could work a little bit more before hitting the hay.

--- All in all, it was a rather enjoyable evening.

Being clearly the last customers of the night, Cathie and her mother closed up shop as Tommy and the students decided to finally leave, so that the trio would not miss their curfew. Cathie even managed to joke about Colt having one, until her mother reminded that the auburn-haired girl did have one as well... a fact that she didn't seem the least bit happy about. Nevertheless, the last goodbyes were said at the entrance of the diner. Avery went to shut the lights while Cathie locked the door, giving one last smirk and a sarcastic goodbye to the group.

Despite the weather, a peaceful evening.

Yes, a peaceful evening...

... If not for one fact.

One tiny moment.

A moment that happened as Cathie closed the door to the diner and the lights inside went out, and people could hear the lock on the door click. Tommy chuckled a bit and told Colt that they could swing by the Junkyard before he drove you all back to the school - he didn't want you walking back home in the rain. Travis took a few steps after them, mockingly said that the older guy's car was probably so full of holes they'd get soaked regardless.

... It was at that moment that it happened.

Elise, who had been the last one to turn around from the door, saw something in the darkness.

She saw Cathie Walker.

Staring straight at her and the receding backs of the other three.

Without a word, the auburn-haired girl stared, glared, at them.

------ And disapppeared back into the darkness of the diner.

On it's own, it wouldn't have been worrisome. She had simply headed back into the building.

But it was that stare.

Cathie's stare was a one...

Spoiler:

... That had sent chills down Elise's spine.

[SCENE END /// Move to NEXT Phase!]

Elise Pelltier: Friendship Rank Raised!

Colt Davin: Friendship Rank Raised!

Blog Entries
    Phase: Night Phase

Somewhere, rain fell.

Somewhere, thunder roared.

Somewhere, lightning crashed.

From the distant horizon, a storm was arriving to the town of Road's End.

The town itself had practically retreated into its shell waiting for this bad weather to end, both in the Road's End proper and in the campus of Pinefall High for Troubled Youth just outside of it. There was no telling when sun would shine once more but everybody hoped that by the time Monday rolled around at least, it would be a crisp, clear and cool autumn morning once more.

Yes, it was close to that time again.

When nights got long and the weather changed at a drop of a hat.

But, unlike everyone else in the town who were either sleeping or burning the midnight oil and listening to wind rattle the windows and rain pound the roof...

------------- Someone stood at the overlook, at the very edge of the forest.

There, in the darkness.

A shape of a man, dressed in a well-tailored old suit.

Shrouded in shadows.

.................................... They waited.

Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)
    Weather: Overcast
    [BGM]

When you woke up... the rain had stopped.

In the early Saturday morning, air was stagnant, heavy and waiting. From the looks of it, this was literally just the calm before the storm. Some time later today, the rain and thunder would fall upon Road's End - an accursed weather that would force everyone to stay indoors. Therefore this morning was perhaps a blessing in disguise. For anyone who had somewhere to be, some place to visit or some things to take care of, now would be the time... because, most likely, come evening it would no longer be possible. Of course the waiting atmosphere, a seized air that was heavy with humidity and trepidation, didn't make it the most pleasant weather... but one made do with what one had.

For example, tonight you had a somewhat somber song blaring from the PA system of the dormitory, chosen by who-knows-who once again.

So, it was time to get back into routine. Take a shower, get dressed, have yourself breakfast and then decide what to do for the day. Of course for some this morning was somewhat different considering what had happened lately, and for others that routine might have been broken by promises that had been made earlier in the week. But other than that, it was a day like any other.. even if there was a storm brewing.

Still...

--- What on earth were those noises of loud arguing coming from the entrance of the dormitory?

Known NPC Locations!
    Pinefall High Pool
    • Aleen King
    • Subaru Iburi
    • Ramia Ramalsaqr

Pinefall High Dormitory
    • Gabi Bahkauv
    • Inacio Ilusão
    • Caleb Montjoy
    • Xylia Pheme
    • Ubon Sĕeklêun

Pinefall High Main Building
    • Hwan Bin
    • Travis Gagnon
    • Kean Loinnir

???

• Cesarina Feroce
    • Pyry Leijonamieli
    • Souma Nubatama
    • Alex Terrot
    • Sakura Tsukioka
    • Mercedes West

Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 12th, 2019 at 05:13 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Blurgh."

I wake up facing a strange ceiling. There's purple everywhere. And blue. And red. And basically every colour of the rainbow. The morning light, weak as it is due to clouds choking the sun, is filtered through the curtains into psychedelic colours, making strange shapes on the walls and floor - what part of it isn't covered in pillows, anyway.

My limbs are stuck in a vise. Something must've grabbed onto me during the night, dragged me out of my sleeping spot, and treated me like an oversized teddy bear. It's a very nostalgic feeling. I'd almost missed this. Almost.

One by one, I extract my limbs, and finally get free, flopping onto the cushioned ground below. It's so soft that I almost want to fall asleep again and make up for staying up too late yesterday... almost. But that's not on the table; I've got a date today. A date with destiny.

Bidding goodbye, I crack open the door, peek out one way and then another, make sure the way is clear, and quickly dash across the hall in my pajamas, diving into my own room, where it's safe and sound and no strange creatures will try to abduct me in my sleep. The usual morning routine proceeds as normal from there: wash teeth, shower, glance outside to see what the commotion out front is all about, look at myself in the mirror, and realize the ends of my hair are now the same technicolor mess as the room I left behind.

Oh. Right. That. Well, the helmet should cover the worst of it.

I get dressed, putting on a slightly heavier coat with a hood, shove an umbrella for two in my backpack, and hop on my scooter.

The journey is short, taking me just down the hall. I stop in front of a familiar door, one I haven't seen open.

"Alright, you can do this..."

I raise my hand, shaking from sleep deprivation and nerves, and knock on Xylia Pheme's door.
    Last edited by Bloble; June 10th, 2019 at 11:56 PM.

Elaine Winters

Elaine Winters greeted the day as she would any other, apart from her rather typical set of nightmares, she'd slept fairly well. Maybe there's something to be said for midnight strolls? Or, maybe...

She gently untangled herself from her new roommate.

Something to be said for not sleeping alone.

She rose up quietly, observing the slumbering girl with a considering eye, then softly padded away to begin her morning routine.

Brushing, dressing, a little attendance to personal hygiene, mostly a touch-up after her late night shower, and she was just about ready to face the day.

Just about.

Elaine frowned over her for a moment, sucked at her teeth, then nodded to herself.

Nothing to it, then.

She reached over and rocked her shoulder gently.

"Hey, c'mon now, s'time to get up. You alright?"

May as well make sure she's good to go before I get up to anything else.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Hey, c'mon now, s'time to get up. You alright?"
    "Nnn...."

There was a sort of tiny groaning sound one often hears in small animals, caused by Elaine gently shaking the tiny form that was laying on her bed. Slowly, very slowly, a pair of eyes fluttered open as their owner finally returned to the waking world. With bleary eyes the girl gazed at what was around her... what must have been an unfamiliar room, an unfamiliar bed and an unfamiliar woman looming over her. Especially when her gaze got to Elaine the girl seemed to take a moment to simply stare, and then...

"H-Hugah!?"

She yelped out and jumped up from the bed, retreating agains the wall in shock.

The tiny girl had pressed herself up against the wall, her eyes darting around and head swiveling like she was looking for a way to escape. But the only routes she saw were the window and the door, the latter which had the older blonde girl as a guardian of sorts. As the tiny black-haired girl took in her surroundings with haste, she began to notice other strange things... namely her own clothes - stuff she didn't recognize.

Slowly the girl lifted her eyes from those clothes to Elaine... and that gaze carried a question in them. A careful, faint question, but a question for sure. And with it, those tiny shoulders began to relax and her breathing started to calm down.

"...?"

The girl tilted her head slightly at the blonde teen, clearly trying to figure something out, when---

GRUMBLE!

A bit of a roar-like sound of hunger emanated from the kid's stomach.

She looked at her own stomach like it had betrayed her.

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl stood back and let the girl have her moment, watching calmly, feeling a sense of empathy for the sudden alarm at waking up someplace you don't recognize with people you don't know.

She understood it.

"Found you out on the road last night," She said plainly, "You looked like you needed a hand so..." She made a gesture, "Took you back to my place, got you warm and dry, place to sleep, figured I'd ask about it in the morning."

She smiled.

"Could also do it over breakfast, if you'd prefer, you looked like you'd been out there awhile, must be pretty hungry."

Dunno if they take non-students at the cafeteria, might have to go into town.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Life breathed into the corpse. Blankets and pillows had been tossed about in the night, and somehow he was upside down on the bed. His feet at the headboard and his neck leaning off the foot of the bed.

He glanced at the red digits on his alarm clock, which was now hooked up to a very dangerous set of speakers. Given that it was the weekend, and his week had been unnecessarily long, he hadn’t set an alarm. His dormmates would be spared of his new alarm system this morning. Probably the next as well.

With a roll, Colt literally fell off of his bed. With a dull thud he hit the floor, then slowly picked himself up, and went into the shower.

Fifteen minutes later he emerged, hair still damp, and began getting dressed. Voices from outside his door, further into the dorm, near the entrance, began to reach his ears. Loud voices.

“What in tarnation are they going off about so early…”

Buttoning up his shirt, zipping up his fly, he opened the door. Peeking his head out, he looked left and right, like a young boy who had just learned the safe way to cross the road, and then started off toward the source of the voices.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory—John Dove’s Bedroom
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

Human beings change on weekends.

Most of them, unbound by the shackles of duty and responsibility, use the weekend to engage on the things they wish to do, instead of those they are supposed to do: to socialize with friends and other loved ones, to partake of hobbies, whims or even wanton hedonism.

Briefly released from fetters of their own making, human beings show different colors on weekends.

John Dove rejects the grey world before his eyes, but he remains fully aware of the necessity (and overall convenience) of adjusting his behavior to its norms. That is why John Dove too is an itty bit different on weekends.

His personal mission notwithstanding, a number of issues remain fresh and vivid in his mind: the purpose and motive of Road’s End; the “Disembodied Man”; Elizaveta Vyraj and Sakura Tsukioka’s response to that issue; Cesarina Feroce and Alexstrasza Lockheart’s limited restrain on that matter; Subaru Iburi and the “Child of Gods”; The One Known Only As Prushka…

…why do all these things involve girls?

Right, Pinefall’s skewed gender ratio.

For good or ill, John Dove pays no heed to those minor details, as he looks at the colorless himself in the mirror and checks for the object that should be in his pocket where it belongs. Right now, his priority is acquiring the sustenance the world demands him to consume.

With the usual, perpetually calm mien, John Dove locks the door behind him before leaving for…just what is all that ruckus out there?

John Dove normally avoids trouble—he has every reason to, for the discord among the peoples of the hollow world is none of his concern. However, he has already concluded he will get nowhere in Pinefall by doing the usual things. Furthermore, it is the weekend, the time when John allows himself the guilty pleasure of dabbling into the grey pointlessness.

Having rationalized his very human curiosity in such a manner, John Dove takes off to look just what is going on at the dormitory’s entrance. He catches a glimpse of Colton Davin just ahead of him, walking in the same direction, perhaps drawn to the same noise. John does not bother calling out to him; if they are going in the same direction towards the same place, he will eventually catch up. Proper manners can wait until that moment.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille glanced at her clock with bleary eyes before letting out a particularly resigned sigh. Habit had forced her up, but what she wouldn’t do to have an opportunity to sleep in. But now that she was awake, she was better off freshening up and getting some quick breakfast. After all, she’d come to a conclusion before bed, and that was that she really needed to see the town before it was too late, and the weather currently permit.

She felt like shopping. And a little more, but mostly shopping.