Page 63 of 244 FirstFirst ... 13535861626364656873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Phase: Morning
    Date: 10.09.1994
    Weather: Overcast

It didn't take long for Anna's knock and words to be answered.

The door to Caleb's room creaked open, revealing behind it a rather tastefully decorated interior. Sketches of various shapes and sizes had been plastered all over one of the walls, while a rather bare bed inhabited the other. Most of the floorspace was either taken by the wardrobe, the desk or an easel. Upon the latter rested an unfinished painting of some scene or another, and on the desk there was a large array of paints that had been left there, almost like the boy had been working late into the night with those.

And speaking of Caleb...

"Oh. Anna."

Judging from how refreshed he looked, Caleb had just come out of the shower. He wore a T-shirt and had a damp towel over his shoulder. Even his hair was still wet and dripping with some water... even if he was still wearing that beanie of his. Hopefully he hadn't gone to the shower while wearing it. In addition the scent of just-applied deodorant and dash of cologne were easy to spot.

As for his expression, well... it was a difficult one to interpret. He was both surprised and on guard, yet managed to keep that stoic mannerism he had. From the door, Caleb glanced both ways into the corridor, before leaning onto the doorway and cocking an eyebrow at the raven-haired girl.

"... Well? I suppose you're here to talk."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin, John Dove, Hisa Momoi, Vivienne Bianchi, Elaine Winters, Prushka, Alexstrasza Lockhart & Elise Pelltier
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

"R-right," Jake said, flashing both John and Colt a relieved smile. "I'll run to the faculty office to see if anyone's there. I think Miss Min should be at the school during the weekend, even if others are gone."

The janitor looked over the trio of siblings and then glanced at both the two boys and Sakura, messaging with his eyes his modest wish that they could handle entertaining these guests for the time being. Then he turned towards Hisa, who had addressed him just moments before. With an apologetic scratch of the back of his head, he gestured towards the whole of situation with his free hand.

"We can talk later, alright? I'm mostly free during the days anyways, so whatever you have about the school or the dormitory, feel free to come to me," the older guy said. "But right now, I think this situation needs a proper fix and... yeah. Later, alright?"

Having said that, Jake bid everyone in the lobby a hasty goodbye and left the building, jogging towards the main building of the campus.

This left everyone else alone with the three siblings who had been watching everything going on with varying expressions. The youngest of the trio was still clutching her brother's hand, hiding slightly behind him thanks to the slightly threatening amount of people in the corridor. She did, however, stare quite intently at Hisa for a moment, as if something what the girl had done had rubbed her the wrong way. And was that a little frown on her face as well?

Meanwhile, the single guy of the trio still held onto that stand-offish expression of his. He had clearly intended to snap something rude back when Hisa had almost forced money into his hands, but that disaster had been avoided thanks to the combined efforts of Colt and John. Indeed, the two boys suddenly found themselves face-to-face with the last of the siblings, the rather oddly dressed bespectacled beauty who still wore that dopey smile of hers.

"... You two bellboys are nice," the girl said. "Want some juice? I got lots."

And suddenly the boys were given two small juice boxes. For John, it was the bright cotton candy flavor, while Colt got... potato flavor?

What company even made juices like this?

On the sidelines, Xylia Pheme snorted at the whole fiasco going on. Her mood hadn't been improved in the least, especially when Colt Davin had entered the scene. In fact the dusky-skinned girl had practically gone completely emotionless on her face for a moment before switching the target of her stare and returning to her normal, pissed-off self.

"Whatta load of shit. I dunno who these jackasses think they are, but they gotta be complete wackjobs," Xylia growled. "Why would they even waltz to a screwed up place like this and say they're students if--- Hey, the hell are ya staring at, brat?"

The last part was directed at the tiny girl hiding behind Elaine, who had been sneaking a bit closer with clear interest in her eyes. Maybe the young girl had thought that Prushka and Xylia were possible friends of her own age, as she had started to approach them... but Xylia's rough tone and angry words made her squeak and jump backwards, hiding once again behind Elaine. The dusky-skinned girl cackled at this reaction, apparently rather satisfied with herself.

"Yeah, that's right. Ya hide behind Boobs McGee over there."

Meanwhile, back at the entrance way, the trio of siblings had gathered their luggage... or rather, the boy had gathered most of them, while the older sister had taken few of the suitcases. The youngest one still clung to her brother, refusing to let go as the amount of people was clearly making her nervous. The boy, apparently named Minato, scoffed slightly and took a look at the corridor that'd lead towards the common room.

"... Whatever. We'll wait in the common room until this gets cleared up," he said brusquely. "We're not looking for some damn charity from assholes. We came to this school for a reason. Just like all of you. Besides... that hotel's no good for a small kid."

He shot a protective look towards the small girl.

"Nn... it was creepy... and Papa wasn't there..." the tiny girl commented. "... Plus no money for breakfast anymore..."

"Err, well... Come on, then. I'll show you the way to the common rooms," Sakura, still tired but trying her best to smile, said. "That way you three can get more comfortable as well, and we won't be a bother to everyone in the dorm."

Sakura eyed the room for a moment, until her gaze suddenly saw both Elise and Alexstrasza who had just arrived. Something like a moment of inspiration flashed in them.

"And I think we can arrange you something to eat as well!" Sakura continued, clasping her hands together. "We have a kitchen here in the dorm, after all!"

Sakura's stare, which was now aimed squarely at the brunette and the blond, told a single, unyielding order:

-------- In the kitchen, now!

This had turned into quite the mission, and from the looks of it Sakura had taken the position of the commander of each unit on the battlefield.

"... You're nice too, chef," The bespectacled girl suddenly said, smiling dreamily at Sakura. "Do you have vegetarian options on the menu? I don't eat meat, so..."

Once again, the brunette looked like she'd been sucker-punched, staring ahead with a total thousand yard stare for a good ten seconds... before heaving a heavy sigh and starting to lead the siblings towards the common rooms.

... Some day this was becoming.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia Pheme
    "Yeah, that's right. Ya hide behind Boobs McGee over there."
    honk

I could say it was an accident. That I leaned on the horn because I was distracted by the commotion, and that it just happened to be near Xylia's head by coincidence. But that would be lying. In truth...

"That's for scaring the kid."

Seeing these three clinging to each other like that makes me feel nostalgic. And there's no way I'll tolerate someone being that awful, even if it risks getting in the way of finding Elizaveta.

"I don't mind if you're awful on your own time, but we've got somewhere to be."

I rev up the scooter again and motion for everyone to get out of the way. Were they staring? That's fine. Unimportant looks might as well be the wind.

"Come on, Xylia. Let's not waste time. Your pie will get cold. Besides, you don't wanna get caught in the rain, do you? So hop on. If you're too scared, I'll graciously let you borrow my helmet."
    Last edited by Bloble; June 14th, 2019 at 01:22 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“Asshole?”

With the forced smile gone, I was now just staring at the guy with a bored expression;

“If I wanted to be an asshole, I would have called you a degenerate for forgetting about a simple date and not even being able to organize your things.”

Gah, now Jake is gone as well. What a waste of a morning this is going to be...

“But it’s okay, just keep being a cocky brat. Just don’t be surprised if you end up with a black eye because of it.”

Having had enough, I walk past the troublesome trio and make my way towards the cafeteria. If something then at least I wanted to avoid getting hungry…

Not that the cafeteria food was exactly what I was dreaming about.

Well, whatever.

Hisa Momoi

Not so surprisingly, the cafeteria was empty - probably for the better. But at least there was…”food”, even if the menu was even less creative than what I expected.

Filling my plate and grabbing some tea, I take a seat at one of the tables and start nibbling on a piece of toast while scribbling into my notebook.

Maybe I should just go back to sleep?

Probably wouldn’t be any less productive than this.
    Last edited by Cheetose; June 14th, 2019 at 07:36 AM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I can't leave this building, can I? With a sigh I turn away from the exit and look at my newfound compatriot in kitchenware.

"I should warn you," I say with a smile, already walking towards the kitchen, "I'm barely above average at cooking."

It's unfortunate, but one cannot be perfect in every aspect. Household skills are something to be admired, this is true; but I was never in... a position to learn them. If there was a mess, there were cleaners. Food was made by cooks. Clothes were gifted and never purchased. Of course, as someone who is naturally talented, it shouldn't be a task too difficult for me to learn. Heat and time, that's all that cooking requires, yes? I have both of those in spades. To live is to learn, and so I must learn another skill that I will never see used for anything other then subtle implications that I may perhaps be worse, or less, or too inept for the roles that I have been gifted.

Breathe.

Move.

Foot out. Step. The kitchen is in the front of the house. Smile - but not too bright, not too real, for everyone here cares scant to none about you. Don't stand out. Don't fade into the background. Exist in the middle.

Years of memories make resurgence, learned habits that have been culled and movements that have been hidden inside grace re-emerge. My smile grows strained, and then I sigh and give up. It is simply too early for a masquerade, and I have nary an interest in continuing it as is.

My thoughts turn over and over in my mind, repeating endlessly like a cycle, a cycle. Why is Souma allowed into this school? What game is the Principal playing? There are too many involved in the supernatural in this hellscape masquerading as a town; the longer I was here the more and more it reminded me of my school.

An ordinary school should never remind me of a school for magic.

But with three meetings with those involved in something turned upside down (four? Five? Six?) It's becoming more and more clear to me that one thing is for certain. In sorcery, in ritual, in spellcraft as a concept, there is no such thing as a coincidence. There is a force that is drawing the supernatural here, that desires to wrap them in the vortex of illusion and slowly but surely pluck us away, one by one.

I have no idea who Elizaveta Vyraj is. The name slips away through a sieve in my mind, and I can't grasp at it. Everyone here is being manipulated; even me, most likely. Gaap of Ars Goetia is cunning and sly, a trickster that could assume the face of any person in this school, or in this town. From the Doctor who gave me my medicine to Subaru's wicked smile at the end of yesterday...

I really can't trust anyone here. They're simply obstacles in the way of my slaughter of Gaap. I have to protect them, even if it is at great risk to myself. That is, after all, what a human would do isn't it? Even if they're wrong, even if they're cruel and wicked - it's not a matter of 'right' and 'wrong'. Especially not with a demon on the run. Three new entrants into the school, three new people to interrogate...

"Ahhhhh, I'm really not cut out for this sort of work," I mutter with a sigh, glaring moodily at the entryway. The people I truly need to find are a person who has lived more then once and a woman who carries a star. Of course, this information is useless to me, as I have no idea of anyone who has lived more then a singular life, nor do I know a woman who carries a star. Please show me where the demon is and I will erase it from existence. Sneaking around and uncovering clues simply doesn't suit me.

I wait outside the kitchen doors, lost in my own thoughts, and somehow more alone then I've ever been in my entire life.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Yes, yes, coming~"
    Instead of the gruff male voice, I was expecting to come to answer me like yesterday. I was greeted with a young female voice. As far as I am aware, there isn’t that many staff members here. James Halloway, Rachel Halloway, and the cook from yesterday. Judging by the smell of food and ongoing cooking sounds from the kitchen, I could guess who the voice coming towards me was. That and the person who greeted me had a convenient name tag on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Halloway
    "Good morning and welcome to Owl's Nest Hotel. Are you here to stay with us? We're the finest... and only... hotel at Road's End and we've served weary, tired and hungry travelers for over fifty years. Our rooms are spacious, our staff properly trained and---"
    While she started out enthusiastic and happy in terms of talking about the hotel, she got progressively less and less as she talked. I could see why considering that James Halloway was willing to let an unknown girl work for him as a cleaner. That and the general state of the town without

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Halloway
    "... Ah, sorry. Anyways, yeah. Will you be staying with us for the night? Our rooms are pretty affordable, I can promise you."
    Now how do I explain that, I don’t want a room… Well I guess honesty is best for now. Hopefully James Halloway told her about me since he doesn’t seem like the type who would forget about me.

“Actually… Ms. Rachel, I was hoping to work here as a part-time cleaner. Your uncle, Mr. Halloway said that I could sort out details with you about it. He might have mentioned me about… two days ago? A Vier Wolff from Pinefall High School?”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Phase: Morning
    Date: 10.09.1994

It didn’t take long for Caleb to appear from the depths of his room, which, judging from the brief glance that Anna spared at it, looked as much of a mad artists atelier as one could reasonably expect. Caleb himself looked just as if he had gotten out of a shower, yet for some reason, he was still wearing his hat for some reason. Normally, Anna wouldn’t really pay attention to something like that, but by this point, Caleb’s obsession with his hat was reaching comical levels.

…is he hiding a bald spot under that thing or something?

"... Well? I suppose you're here to talk."
    Anna let out an exasperated sigh, though one could clearly hear hints of dry humor creep into her voice.

“Something like that… Though it would probably help if you weren’t acting quite so blatantly suspicious and uncomfortable about it, y’know?”

“Might as well telegraph to everyone that you have something to hide if you go about it like this.”

Anna’s red jacket shifted slightly, as the Estonian girl gave a slight shrug of her shoulders.

“I have some things I need to check out in that library in town.” She raised her bag slightly, almost as if to emphasize what she had just said. “If you want to tag along, we can have our chat on the way.”

Elaine Winters

Oh, joy. The local gremlin is making angry noises at the stray she'd picked up.

The taller girl pinched at the bridge of her nose a bit, biting back unproductive and unhelpful remarks to make in the face of the situation, and settled for what she felt was an acceptable solution.

She gave the tiny little shithead the finger, then took her companion by the hand and pushed on forward, not bothering to respond verbally to anything launched her way.

She had something to do, and wasn't too concerned about things in her way.

As she pushed out the doors, she considered her options more thoroughly.

She could chance the cafeteria, doubtless the rumor mill would already being brewing up a stew of child abduction and pedophilic crimes in the dead of night or some such trash.

Hm.

Well, first things first, get her fed. May as well start the day right, huh?

She shuffled through the line with an air of bustling impatience, filling her plates to bursting and spreading an array of healthy juices, her charge trailing after her.

She settled down at a table close to the door, taking a moment to position herself to block prospective gawkers (of which there was only Hisa, settled with some tea, looking haggard and irritable).

Elaine took a moment to wave to the other girl as she sat down, only now having a free hand, and shuffled some of her own food onto a smaller plate, some greens, eggs, a bit of meat and some apple juice to start her, with more if needed.

She dug into her own arrangement of breakfast at a brisk pace, she'd gone a bit smaller than usual, but could probably pick up something on the side later.

Hmm, maybe pick up Kean, pick his brain for anything, talk some shop about the gameplan, try and move that forward, then possibly head out into town.

But what if people are out looking for her, a voice whispered in the back of her mind.

Well, then they might be her parents, or wanting to help her.

She pushed away her cagey, suspicious thoughts, and slurped at her OJ grimly.

So much to do.
    Last edited by Mormarth; June 14th, 2019 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

Adelaide started every morning the same way.

As soon as her eyes opened she was immediately, completely awake. The pale girl rolled out of bed, put on her clothes, and tidied up the covers - it had the feel of a well-worn routine, to the point where it took almost no time at all.

This morning, however, she had to pause before she put on her clothes.

There were a lot of things going on behind the scenes of Pinefield High, odd tidbits that made it clear this place wasn't quite what it seemed. The people alone could be the star of any television program... but that wasn't the point. She reviewed what Mr. Redd had told her the other day. Go to the Owl's Nest Hotel, he'd said, and ask Halloway if you can look through his library.

The only problem was that it was just too far for her to walk, not unless she wanted to turn around the moment she got there. If that was the case... who did she know who had a car?

Pyry and Cole jumped to mind, of course, but... well. She picked out one of the less ridiculous dresses she'd been saddled with, something pretty but not completely ostentatious. It would have to do for the day.

She'd find a way to get what she wanted.

---

Adelaide Cheshire

She'd winced as she walked towards the crowd, her feet slowing as her desire to walk in the other direction intensified. Thankfully things had been resolved before she'd actually arrived, or seemed like they were getting there.

When she saw Prushka a genuine smile spread over her face, and she quietly waved to the shorter girl. Pyry wasn't there... but Colt was. That, at least, she could do.

She walked over as the crowd slowly dispersed.

"Hey, Colt. Is that offer still open for a day out?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Yes, I’ve been meaning to take a look for a while now. I’m Lucille Faraday, Pinefall student. It’s lovely to meet you both.”
    "Well hello, Lucille! I'm Sue! Sue Popplewell, owner of this humble little store," the older girl said with a cheerful smile before gesturing towards the shelves. "Feel free to look around for anything that catches your fancy. We just got a shipment of school supplies - I figured I'd stock up on them since you guys were arriving. And if there's something you can't find, just ask! I might have it in the back, and some of the stuff here is, ah... little disorganized, I admit."

That wasn't exactly an understatement. The shelves, while holding some sort of organized look, were rather strangely arranged upon closer inspection. There was a very odd rhyme and reason as to how everything had been categorized, and taking in the layout of the shop would have required a more proper investigation.

And what came to the school supplies Sue had mentioned... they were certainly there, and there was certainly plenty of them, but all of them had this... definite 80's feel of them. Especially the neon-colored notebooks and pens were quite the sight.

"Hah, a honest and polite girl it seems. Nothing like the scenarios those doomsayers were painting with their words," Mister Pinkerton chuckled dryly, keeping his smile plastered on his face. "Well, Miss Faraday, if you're ever in need of a well-paying after school job while you're in town, feel free to contact me. Oh, I'm Jack Pinkerton. Just call me Jack, though. Formality is not really my game."

He offered his large, rough and calloused hand towards the blonde girl.

"I happen to own Spade Queen, the country club down the road, not far away from Road's End. And I'm always happy to employ ambitious youngsters," the man continued, flashing a somewhat toothy grin. "Here. A business card. Just so this feels as suspicious as possible."

Chuckling at his own joke, Jack Pinkerton didn't seem to notice the slightly disapproving look on Sue's face as she watched the exchange.

"I dunno, Mister Pinkerton. Your place might not be a good play for a young person to work at, considering how late Zane seems to get home now and then..." Sue commented, and the one-eyed man simply shrugged in response.

"The boy has a lot on his plate. I just want to give him all the opportunies I can," he answered. "And he won't accept charity either so... nothing much I can do but give him more work, is there?"

A pragmatic response that still sounded slightly suspicious coming from the man.

Anna Vandemeel
    Date:
    10.09.1994 (SAT)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “I have some things I need to check out in that library in town. If you want to tag along, we can have our chat on the way.”

Caleb mulled over the suggestion for a moment... and then sighed and shrugged, flashing a somewhat weary smile in the process.

"I suppose. I've wanted to get in the sights from the hotel for some time now. The lakes are interesting," he said. "Give a moment. I need to get my equipment. And dress properly. That storm is going to hit us at some point today."

With that he stepped backwards and closed the door, though not in a rude way. From behind it the raven-haired girl could hear the sounds of soft humming as the boy changed his clothes. Then some clatter and wood hitting wood as he probably gathered his pencils and colors. Hopefully he wasn't going to take the whole easel and palette and whatever else he had, because at that point it was likely Anna would have to carry some of it, too.

... Well, the answer came in five minutes as the pink-haired boy stepped out once more and closed the door behind him. He was now dressed in sensible outdoor-clothes that one might have worn when hiking on a forest trail. And as luck would have it, he had nothing but a canvas bag with his sketching book and pencil case with him. There was some other stuff there, apparently, but they were buried under all the art supplies.

Still, nobody had to carry the easel or the canvas. That was sort of a relief.

"Well then. Lead the way," Caleb said and gestured forward. "Ladies first and whatever else they say."

He paused for a moment and then smirked.

"... Heh. Rhyme."

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Actually… Ms. Rachel, I was hoping to work here as a part-time cleaner. Your uncle, Mr. Halloway said that I could sort out details with you about it. He might have mentioned me about… two days ago? A Vier Wolff from Pinefall High School?”
    Rachel blinked in surprise.

"Oh? A student... here for work? Oh, right, right, Uncle did mention something about that..." she said, fishing out another file from behind the counter and starting to studying that. "Let's see then... erm, Wolff, Wolff... ah, here it is."

She pulled out a small note that had been stuck inside the folder and studied it for a moment. The handwriting was rough cursive made in big, bold lines. A shape that brought to mind a certain stern, quiet man that Vier had met not too long ago. After reading through the passage a few times, Rachel set it aside and took a look at Vier again, offering the girl a slight smile.

"Well then, you weren't kidding. I guess Uncle's bit desperate to get the place to look better," Rachel said. "So, hm... Do you have any cleaning experience from before? Or working at a hotel in general? I'm trying to get a sense of where I can put you to work today. At least the kitchen floors need scrubbing now that the breakfast is starting to end, and--- Oh."

Rachel, for a moment, glanced towards the dining hall and a small grin appeared on her face despite how tired she seemed.

"Did you eat yet? I'm pretty sure I can get you some grub. Don't worry, on the house for showing up so early," the redhead suggested. "I mean, usually our cleaners are tardy as sloths, so it makes for a nice change."

Well well. Maybe Vier had made a good impression on the girl by having shown up so early?

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Hisa Momoi

... As it turned out, Elaine might have found herself a ravenous beast.

It was, in quite honesty, something pretty amazing watching the little girl eat. She had stared at the cafeteria with her eyes wide, especially the simple self-service setting of toast, cereal and other assorted breakfast items. After seeing the blonde student arrange herself a breakfast from what was being offered, the small girl had followed suit and gotten herself a healthy helping of ingredients to make sandwiches, along with a big glass of milk.

------- And now she was devouring it all like she had never had food before.

Gone were three sandwiches of butter, cheese slices, ham, fried eggs, salad leaves, tomato, cucumber and mayonnaise. And three more of those remained, if only for a minute or two. The girl was doing her damnedest to chow down at them with an incredible pace, stopping only to sometimes wash it all down with a big gulp from her milk that acted almost like a reloading mechanism to a machine gun of hunger. Bits and pieces of toast flew everywhere as she wolfed down sandwich after sandwich, raising the question of where it all was going in her tiny frame.

"..............?"

The only time she stopped was when she tilted her head at Elaine and the frown upon the older girl's face when she tasted her orange juice. There was clear question in the small girl's eyes, even though she didn't voice it. Perhaps she had realized that there was no way to communicate through language, so now she simply settled for a curious stare.

... This momentary pause in the assault upon the food also revealed that the tiny girl had mayonnaise, butter and breadcrumbs all over her face.

Talk about some table manners.

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Come on, Xylia. Let's not waste time. Your pie will get cold. Besides, you don't wanna get caught in the rain, do you? So hop on. If you're too scared, I'll graciously let you borrow my helmet."
    The dusky-skinned girl shot an angry glare towards Prushka, looking like she was ready to strangle the helmeted girl.

"Oh go choke on a dick, bobblehead, she started staring first!" Xylia retorted with a huff. "And if ya think I'm getting on that barbie doll accessory of a vehicle, dream on! I'd rather crawl to the town before I saw anyone riding on something as embarrassing and ridiculous as that! I look already enough like a preschooler, can't understand why ya want to strengthen that image."

And with that Xylia started out of the dormitory, brushing past rest of the folk that were still remaining in the lobby. As she and Prushka exited the building, they could see Jake Briggs jogging towards the main building, almost already at the door. Xylia clicked her tongue and muttered something about "freeloading retards" and "jackasses who want to be here", but she did it in such a quiet voice that there wasn't much conversation to be found there.

--------- Indeed, there wasn't much conversation to be found anywhere, as the silence between the two small girls grew longer as they continued down the road to the town.

Xylia, hands in her pockets and a pissed off look on her face, refused to speak or quicken her pace despite Prushka being on her scooter. She instead settled on angrily kicking small pebbles that she came across and staring ahead like she wanted to murder any small animal she saw, and even the few cars that passed by them.

"... And don't call me Xylia. I ain't yer friend. Moron," the dusky-skinned girl finally said with that raspy voice of hers. "I'm just here for free pie and that's it. Don't expect anything else than me using ya for yer cash."

Well, somebody was in a good mood...

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Though she took Mr. Pinkerton’s hand, gave it a firm shake, and then gingerly accepted the business card, Lucille couldn’t exactly say she was pleased. If anything… the man in front of her reminded her of how there were injustices of the world that being straightforward could never fix. Still, it was rude to refuse charity, and if push came to shove… Working there could be an option. A very distant one at the moment, but an option nonetheless.

“I’ll consider it,” Lucille said in the politest tone she could muster. She’d been to enough parties to know how exactly to act in such a scenario. Never directly refuse. Look cheerful, even if deep inside you were sick of it. “Thank you very much for giving me an offer.”

“I’ll be taking a look around, now.”

With that out of the way, Lucille went around to thumb through the wares. While she wasn’t partial to the neon aesthetic… Maybe she could find something a bit more normal looking for her school efforts. And maybe anything else interesting that caught her eye would be picked up, too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"And if ya think I'm getting on that barbie doll accessory of a vehicle, dream on! I'd rather crawl to the town before I saw anyone riding on something as embarrassing and ridiculous as that! I look already enough like a preschooler, can't understand why ya want to strengthen that image."
    "'Cus it's fun. Let society think what it wants."

I can't believe it. This girl just doesn't make sense. It's like there's a circuit crossed in her brain or something, and she can only say wrong things. I don't think I've ever met anyone like her... except Elizaveta Vyraj. Well, no, those two are like the sun and the moon, but maybe they're both reflecting the same light...

"I mean, do you know how much horsepower this thing has? Sure it's a bit tacky, but it beats walking. With enough practice I might be able to catch up to a motorbike by the end of the year."

Or maybe I'm the strange one. After all, I'm having a semi-normal conversation with Xylia Pheme. I should be getting angrier, more frustrated with every word out of her mouth, but it's almost like the opposite is happening. As if her insults are becoming less effective the more she talks. But I'm sure if I mention that, she'll try to up the ante somehow.

I could understand why Colt couldn't get through to her, though. Most humans wouldn't want anything to do with this girl. Is that her goal, though?

"... And don't call me Xylia. I ain't yer friend. Moron. I'm just here for free pie and that's it. Don't expect anything else than me using ya for yer cash."
    "Hmph. Don't you get hopeful, either. If I say your name, it just means you've met the minimum requirement to not be forgotten instantly..." What do I call her, then? "...motor-breath. I'm doing this for myself, not for you."

Yeah. Yeah! Why would I ever want to be her friend? Even if I remember Xylia Pheme's tearful face clear as day, even if I know how heartbroken she was that day in the cafeteria, when she ran off, bleeding crying, that doesn't mean I'll ever hang out with her out of pity. No human, even one as awful as her, deserves that.

Though...

As we walk along the silent road, watching the gray skies above, something nags at the back of my mind. It's not important at all, but I can't forget it. Something she said, no, something I think I've heard before, but can't quite pin down...

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia Pheme, earlier
    "Oh go choke on a dick, bobblehead, she started staring first!"

"...what's a dick?"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Jack Pinkerton heaved a sad sigh with a theatrical flair.

"My my, it seems I'm already hated," he woefully said, barely able to hide his smirk as he shook his head. "Instantly being distrusted by a upstanding young woman, where did I go wrong...?"

Sue pursed her lips and put her hands on her hips, trying to give the man an admonishing stare - almost like the owner of the store wanted him to realize and regret his own mistakes.

"That's because you won't let go of that snake-oil-salesman attitude of yours, y'know," Sue commented. "Anybody would think you suspicious, especially when you run a sleazy place like that. You've only got yourself to blame!"

Letting out a low "Hmm" the one-eyed man rubbed his chin, the scritching and scratching of his stubble of an unkempt beard loud in the otherwise quiet store.

"Oh, really? And here I thought it was because I'm a disheveled old man. I try my best to have a dandy look, but all girls ever say is 'You smell like an old man!'. It's quite hurtful, you know?" Jack answered, shaking his head in disappointment. "They've yet to realize that once they hit my age, all sorts of weird smells start coming out of your body and there's nothing you can do about it."

Sue Popplewell turned bright pink on her cheeks and slammed her hands against the surface of the counter.

"D-Don't talk about smells like that in front of girls! We'd never start smelling like old men, or any other smells like that!" The store-owner protest, despite Jack's chuckles. "Don't listen to him, Lucille, he's just trying to gather sympathy! He's a snake of a man! A snake!"

Feigning shock, the one-eyed man grasped at where his heart was and staggered backwards.

"S-snake...? You wound me, Miss Popplewell. Wound, I say!"

This was... odd. Despite the man looking as untrustworthy as ever (especially after how easily he had read Lucille's opinion from her body language and expressions) he was still going forward with that same act... even, from the looks of it, having fun with hamming it up.

Just what sort of person was Jack Pinkerton?

Prushka

".............. What."

Xylia stopped in her tracks, staring at Prushka like the girl had just informed she was about to drive straight off the road and slam into the nearest tree with maximum speed, hoping to somehow cut both herself and the tree in question in half. Judging by that look, Xylia was both flabbergasted and slightly insulted by the fact that she had to explain her mockery in this way. Ten seconds, and only then did the dusky-skinned girl shake her head and disperse her stupor, adopting a mocking grin as she looked down her nose at Prushka.

No, not just a mocking grin.

----------- A shit-eating grin of a person who just found something absolutely, despicably fun to do at someone else's expense.

"A dick? What the absolute ball-slapping hell!? Ya don't know what a dick is!? What are ya, seven!? Oh my God, yer a fucking virgin, aren't ya! Ha! Gyahahahahahahaaa! Oh Loooooord, this stupid little shit is pure as unplowed snowfield! Oh this is rich, this is too rich!" Xylia guffawed without any shame or sense of mercy for Prushka. "I wondered since yer built like a pre-schooler's, but I guess yer mind follows suit. Hah! This is too rich!"

That laugh of hers was... uncouth to the maximum. No, not just uncouth. Uncivilized. Degenerate. Pretty disgusting, actually.

But, without easing now that she had found some way to truly mock the girl before her, Xylia walked up to Prushka and stared right down at her face, shadows casted over her derisive, wicked expression.

She was about to milk this moment as much as she could.

"Dick, Miss Virgin, is what boys have down there. The only thing that makes them worth anything, actually. The only thing they're good for and the only thing that's useful about them," Xylia spoke, drawing little closer like a viper. "Y'know, like that towering Calvin Klein model ya have as a friend. He has one of those dingalings between his legs, doesn't he? That. I mean that. That flabby little thing that becomes something pulsating and hard with right application of force."

Xylia's sneer was full of sharp teeth.

"So yeah. Ya should choke on that."

Then, as if an after-thought, Xylia averted her eyes a bit, looking away from Prushka. Her expression became more sleazy, almost like she was degrading someone to a mere object in her mind, and she licked her lips while shivering a bit.

"... Though I got something else of my own I wouldn't mind him choking on..."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"...oh."

I, um.

Oh.

The human brain isn't supposed to be able to really feel anything, physically. Even headaches aren't caused by actual pain receptors. But, with every word out of Xylia's mouth, it's like the thermostat in my head turns up one degree. I'm melting, one raunchy word at a time.

Stop. Stop! Stop putting those images in my head, you... you perverted monster! I don't want to even think about what Pyry looks like naked! That's all sorts of gross!

While this inner turmoil rages, I seem to have lost the ability to do anything but stare straight ahead and repeat "oh" every few seconds.

These thoughts of flabby and hard things are making me nauseous. If this keeps going, that pie will taste like absolutely nothing.

"... Though I got something else of my own I wouldn't mind him choking on..."
    "What-." I stop myself. No. I do not want Xylia explaining anything else unless it's not related to Elizaveta Vyraj!

That thought of Elizaveta drags me out of the brain freeze... and right into another disgusting realization.

"...wait a sec. You're... not?" That thought obliterates any chance my stomach had of recovering in time for pie. Now I almost want to hurl. It's so bad that I have to step off the scooter, to feel solid ground underneath my feat... though right now it might as well be made of jelly for all the support it provides.

A far more disgusting image than Pyry's nether regions enters my mind, and it involves Xylia Pheme, and it won't leave.

"Pyry's a good person... or as close to good as humans get, anyway. He wouldn't want to go anywhere near someone that looks as young as you. Not like... t-that."

That's obvious. But it's also not the problem.

"...did you... meet someone who wasn't a good person?"

If she did, then... that's one mental image I'm blocking on the spot.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

It seemed she was that easy to read.

That… bothered Lucille immensely. If anything Sakura had taught her had managed to sink itself into her brain, it was lying. For this man to read her so easily… well, it seemed she was dealing with a real swindler, she supposed. Someone who knew the ins and outs of truths and falsehoods.

As for his current content of discussion… Lucille briefly put down the notebook she was eyeing and decided to take the matter seriously, even if he was probably saying it just to make her and Miss Popplewell uncomfortable. Better than giving Mister Pinkerton the satisfaction of getting under her nerves.

“Nothing some deodorant and an excessive amount of cologne can’t fit, right? If it works at high society parties, it should work for you.”

Lucille’s reply was blunt, well-intentioned, and most importantly, had no sarcasm in it. Earnest advice form a girl who wasn’t even sure she could give it.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

As I hear someone else enter the cafeteria, I look up from my notebook to see what other jackass I might have to deal with;

If it’s that moron from earlier, I swear---

But much to my relief, it was Elaine...Though she wasn’t alone.

But who was that other girl?

She’s not from the class, looks too young for that anyways...Wasn’t with the new people, and doesn’t resemble Elaine too much either, so can’t really be her sibling or something…

I wave back at Elaine, but wait a bit more to calm my mind before going over to ask about her companion - wouldn’t want to be unnecessarily rude...Not to her, especially not since she didn’t do anything to deserve it.

Finishing what was left on my plate, I realize that I was hungrier than I imagined, so I ended up grabbing some more food, but rather than returning to my table, I sit down next to Elaine.

“Hey, how’s it going?”

I tried to muster a small smile, something that normally would have been genuine after meeting her, but my mood was just working against me here.

“Must have been one interesting night, ending up with that tiny glutton on your side.”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    "Nothing some deodorant and an excessive amount of cologne can’t fit, right? If it works at high society parties, it should work for you.”
    Jack Pinkerton gasped and staggered, trying to find some solace and support from the nearby shelf of comic books. On his face was an exaggerated mask of complete shock, almost like he was wounded by the blonde girl's words.

"S-she doesn't even try to deny the smell to make me feel better...! How cruel!" the one-eyed man fake-sobbed. "The youth of today are cruel!"

Sue Popplewell, on the other hand, grumbled something under her breath and shook her head in disappointment at what was happening. Then, like a lawyer about to object, she pointed her finger at the one-eyed man and jabbed it in the air for a few good measures.

"That's because it's true! Besides, your cologne smells terrible and we all know it! Please consider buying a new one, I've got plenty in stock!" Sue exclaimed. "And try using more than a dash of deodorant every once in a while! That way girls wouldn't give you such cold looks even if you play up your evil-businessman-persona!"

Unlike Lucille's words, these seemed to actually shock Jack Pinkerton as he did a double-take and stare at the owner of the store with his one good eye wide as a plate. Even the eyebrow above his eyepatch had jumped up from sheer surprise.

"S-Sue? Isn't that a bit too harsh? I'm... do I really smell like an old man already?" Jack asked, taking a quick sniff of his clothes. "Besides, the cologne I use is an expensive one..."

Rolling her eyes, Sue turned towards the blonde girl and made an apologetic gesture with her hands, as if saying she was sorry for all the nonsense that was coming out of the older man's mouth.

"I'm sorry, love, Mister Pinkerton... he's a total dork at times," Sue explained, despite Jack staggering once more at the term. "He likes to tease people by acting like an absolutely obvious bad guy and make business proposals that sound like veiled threats or shady deals. Like just now it might've sounded like he was trying to con me into a loan, but it's not like he has actually demanded any payment from the last one he gave me, the dumdum. He just likes confusing people. I think he still didn't get over that over-dramatic phase from middle school..."

Completely defeated, Jack Pinkerton slumped against the wall, slowly sliding down it and ending up sitting on the floor. He stayed there for good thirty seconds, a sort of hollow look in his eyes... until he finally sighed, gathered himself and did something of a recovery by standing up and dusting off his clothes. At the same time, a chuckle escaped from his lips and he scratched the back of his head.

... A chuckle that was surprisingly warm and genuine.

Just like the smile that he then directed towards Lucille - one that was completely honest and without any pretenses this time.

"Ah, I guess I do owe you an apology, Miss Faraday," Jack said and shrugged, saying he was giving up for now. "My usual prank... just got a bit out control when I saw a new possible target to fool."

... Yes.

This man was truly a dork.

Prushka

Xylia's response was a derisive face and a raised eyebrow.

"Haaah? 'Good person'? The hell's that gotta do with anything, Virgin Mary?" she asked, the mockery clear in her tone, like she was talking with an actual seven-year-old. "They're meat, ya moron. Use 'em, abuse 'em, throw their ass out. Call it back next night if that ass is fine. Who the hell cares if they're a 'good person' or some other sappy shit like that?"

The dusky-skinned girl was clearly having much fun, watching Prushka's disgusted body language and how her face was turning a bit greener with every passing word. She didn't even seem to mind as a motorcycle zoomed past the two of them, throwing up a spray of water from the nearby puddle that half hit her. Indeed, covered in the sudden rainfall, Xylia managed to look even more degenerate than usual as she leaned back in closer, looming over Prushka despite the difference in their sizes being not that much.

She was practically licking her lips again, like a predator about to strike.

------------- This was a prey before her, Xylia's eyes seemed to say.

"And it ain't gonna matter shit what ya look like, young or old. Like I said... they're meat. They can't think twice when ya press their buttons right," Xylia continued, her voice now raspy whisper of danger. "Even that pillar of flesh ya call a friend. I bet if I went on the prowl, I could wrap 'im around my little finger in a day or two and milk him dry until he doesn't even recognize who ya are, much less care about pissy little virgin like ya."

She cackled under her breath, malice clear in her voice.

"How about I do that, actually? Sounds fun, don't it?" The words were like a poisonous insect crawling up a wall. "It'd be fucking hilarious to make someone ya think is a good person into my personal little bitch."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 14th, 2019 at 10:18 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"..."

"..."

This... this girl...

"Ah..."

This girl is twisted. Fundamentally disgusting on some level. But I'm sure of it now. Only one other person has made me feel this way, and she was much taller. Xylia Pheme, on the other hand?

Had she said something else, I might've hurled right then and there. If she'd been even a little remorseful, or traumatized, or anything else, I might have cried, even for her. But, to boast like that about seducing my friends...

I can't help but picture it. Xylia Pheme, smelling like oil and cigarette butts, covered in mud, sneering and insulting all the while, trying to sidle up to Pyry of all people...

"...heh."

"Pffffhahaha! Oh, that's a good one!"

I can't help it. It's wrong to laugh at people, but after that joke she just told, I can't help it. Laughter is involuntary, after all. So in that sense, Xylia Pheme just said the funniest thing I've heard all week.

"You're right! It's absolutely hilarious! Hahahaha! Try your seductive talk on Pyry, then! I'm sure he'll pat you on the head and give you some milk and cookies!"

My laugh isn't as nice as Addie's. Humans rarely say anything funny enough to warrant it.

"Haha... oh, that's too good. Hehe... alright, that's enough of that... the Diner's just around the corner."

Wiping some tears from my eyes with one sleeve, I point out how far we've come.

"Come on, then. All this talking's making me hungry."

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl mused over her glass of orange juice, distantly noting the vicious culinary assault taking place across from her and adding it to a slowly growing list.

Hm, perhaps she was like that, then?

Or maybe more like that other one...

Hmmm.

Elaine blinked when she noticed the small girl staring at her, finishing her gulp of orange juice and taking in the remains of the girl's prey all over her face.

"Sheesh, hungry little beast ain't ya," She smiled a little bit, slightly self-reflective, "Though, I suppose I understand what that's like."

She cast an eye to her own smorgasbord.

Still, though, this was an opportunity, she moved to a slightly better position.

"Come on, c'mere," The older girl grumbled without heat, reaching out with a spare napkin, "Can't go around with stuff all over your face, or you'll get an earful."

It was something she'd done before, as Elaine Winters did, in fact, consider herself fairly good with children, which helped when you needed some spare change and didn't have reliable enough hours for part-timing.

She reached out gingerly, wiping with care and a keen eye, shifting her body to the side slightly as she heard footsteps approaching.

“Hey, how’s it going?”

Elaine made a sort of upwards half-shrug, “Could be worse.”

“Must have been one interesting night, ending up with that tiny glutton on your side.”

"Mmm," She murmured, "Not that interesting, in my experience, just a long, somewhat disappointing walk that ended with a good deed.”

She took a moment to glance up at the other girl, “What about you, hm? You look a few minutes from crashing. You alright?”