Page 7 of 244 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory, Common Area
    Evening Phase
    Still Sunny in the Evening

There is pride, and then there is pride.

If I sum this to the more…infamous news concerning this man, yes, it is not hard to figure out why he is here.

Too bad. The color he sees is worthless to me. As he is right now, Pyry Leijonamieli is worthless to me. No, how could he compare to the flicker I saw in the fair Lady Cheshire (whose spirited laughter still fills the room)?

A single flicker like the entire cosmos.

Alas, he is still here, and thus he’ll be needed to sustain the lie.

On the other hand, Inacio Ilusão. Artists have their own perception of the world, and a man who has endured the burden of the spotlight has lived in a world of falsities on top of falsities. I am not so arrogant to claim I can see through all the lies of others. Therefore, just by virtue of those words, this young artist might be somewhat worth looking at.

Summoning warmth to my face, I respond to the Portuguese musician with my well-practiced placid smile.

“I am certain everybody here would be grateful for it.”

With that, I move to claim the space offered, turning my perfect smile to…

“Thank you, you’re too kind, Miss…Ubon, I believe? Yes.”

With a move as practiced as the others, my left leg rests atop the right. Minimize use of space; minimize accidental contact. Meanwhile, Miss Cheshire refutes the existence of “butt-fleas”—her body language, however…could it be—no, that’s definitely grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Alvena Cheshire
    "Um... I'm Adelaide, by the way. Nice to meet you all."
    Oh, better seize the opportunity offered.

“Ah, all too pleased to meet you, Adelaide.”

Now’s the time. I turn to my uniquely-haired neighbor.

“As for your worries, Miss Ubon, well…from my understanding, fleas do not have the habit of settling in a specific part of the body, so your ‘butt-fleas’ by now would have become ‘everywhere-fleas’. I do not see you scratching yourself everywhere, so I can confidently ascertain that you are safe.”

I wait her eyes to grow, showing the growing luster of understanding. As understanding shifts into relief, I allow my smile to grow a bit wider, transitioning into a smirk.

“Now, butt-ticks, on the other hand…”

Now, Miss Ubon, do be kind and give me the face I’m looking for.

“They thrive in old vehicles like that bus, especially in these heavily-forested areas of the Pacific Northwest. Sneaky and stubborn little bastards, they are. You don’t feel when they latch on to you, and before you notice—BAM!”

A sudden exclamation, closing the distance between our faces about halfway.

“You have an ugly black bean dangling from your buttock like a big, pulsating wart.”

I take a moment to offer an eloquent wink to the others present. Sakura at the very least looks like the kind of person who could swallow this story whole if I don’t. Actually…

“But I’m sure we have nothing to worry about; it would be unthinkable of a man like Mr. Oceandrop to not follow at least the most basic of sanitary standards in this project of his, after all. More importantly…”

My face turns back to the two celebrities.

“Do you not think we are at a slight disadvantage here? Everybody probably knows who you are, but the same cannot be said of the ladies here.”

I let my affable smile fall on Sakura.

“I had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with Sakura while on the bus.”

I just need to conjure the right image in my mind to let mirth sparkle in my eyes.

“Allow me to reassert my support to your culinary crusade. I look forward to see what Sakura Tsukioka is capable of. With that said, would I ask for too much if I said I want you to share a little about yourselves? Miss Ubon…”

Naturally, my eyes inevitably seek the worthiest one in the room. Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself.

Perhaps she can indeed give me a hint to the truth.

I am not flawless, and I can’t stop myself. My eagerness drips into my facial muscles, and my smile grows just a little bit wider.

“…Adelaide.”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Evening Phase.
    Date: 06.09.1994.
    Weather: Sunny

Lucille bit her lip, her brain at a loss to truly comprehend what was in front of her. The smell wasn’t quite helping either, but it gave her the primal understanding of a man who lived for physical exertion. The past words of her maid echoed in her brain, but words and the real thing were much too different to be compared. How was she supposed to deal with such a unique sight?

Eventually, she managed to tear her eyes away from what was in view and came to a conclusion. Though she could certainly see the appeal, Lucille preferred her guys to be a bit more… courtly? Refined? At any rate, despite how awkward she felt, this was certainly an enlightening experience. She understood the boundaries of her own taste a bit more.

Ah, but she’d have to talk to him to get further in her quest. She racked her brain for the information they gave during introductions. Hiroto Hatou. Taught P.E. Former Olympic gold medalist at swimming. Certainly, an incredibly accomplished man. But didn’t that raise the question of how a man so bulky could seamlessly move through water?

Lucille decided she wouldn’t think about such things any longer and raised her voice, which had almost seemed to vanish from her lungs.

“Er, Mr. Hatou? Is there anything like a badminton net lying around?”
    Last edited by Katie; January 13th, 2019 at 11:29 PM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Momoi Hisa
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Parking Lot.

"With your permission..."

Souma had been eyeing the car from the sidelines while Elaine had performed her... greetings... but even the foreboding aura of the boy had been lifted for just a moment when the eyebrow of his good eye was lifted in a minuscule show of surprise. There was even a hint that he was impressed in that look! Perhaps, just perhaps, his opinion of Elaine had been improved by the sight of this car. Underneath that foreboding outer shell might have actually been something that could appreciate proper cars.

Or mayhaps it was but an illusion, because when Souma sat down at the back, his expression was as enigmatic as ever.

"Quite impressive."

Oh.

It wasn't an illusion!

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "And what gives you the right to be on top? Those medals you didn't earn!?"
    "Curb your tongue, карлик," Elizaveta spoke, her voice a venomous whisper. "I have had a man flogged for less. You may throw your petty insults at whatever you wish at... but doubt my accomplishments again and I will remove that tongue of yours. Personally."

It didn't sound like an empty threat. While it was absolutely ridiculous that someone would even joke about doing something like that... Elizaveta seemed to be absolutely serious. Perhaps it was just her different point of view, perhaps her attitude belied a certain type of past that one would do well not to pry into... whatever the case, it seemed that Prushka had brushed against a topic that was better left alone. Especially considering that baton that was now dangerously hovering near the smaller girl's head.

"And what comes to your disbelief that a pecking order exists here... Are you perhaps blind? Deaf? Or simply touched in the head?" Elizaveta cooed, smiling coldly at Prushka. "Do you really believe your own words? Look around you. From the moment we arrived to this dormitory, each and every person has started asserting themselves as much as they can. This creates a natural social hierarchy within our little commune that will last until the end of the year. The strong eat the weak and the ignorant are trampled underfoot. Well... it is natural to us humans. Even for those who are as fake and phony as members of our class. Especially people such as them. For youth of this age, that pecking order is everything. Without it we are nothing, as none of us has power. Thus, those who desire it and have the capacity for it grab it, and those who do not fall in line and follow because they are too weak-willed to do anything else. This is the natural order of things. This is society."

There was a rather self-satisfied sneer on Elizaveta's face as she took a moment of silence to let her words sink into the head of the shorter girl.

"... Why do you think that the faculty of this school made us live together in a dormitory without much of supervision?" She asked, suddenly. "This, too, is part of learning what society is. Arbitrary rules and hierarchies, maybe... but undeniable ones, nonetheless."

Her eyes seemed to bore through Prushka, seeing right into her mind.

"Fail to assert yourself and you will be trampled too, like the thing you are," she added. "... Unless, of course, you really are as ridiculous as you look, карлик."

Elaine Winters

I folded my arms smugly, puffing out my chest, "You're damned right, I take good care of him, he takes care of me. Just had to make sure there wasn't anything out of place."

Even Mr. Eyepatch thinks it's cool, therefore my car is the coolest, this is Hard Fact.

"Alright, Hisa, guess you got shotgun, let's get underway."

I shuffled into the driver's seat, alright, clutch, brake, release, and-

The Mustang roared to life, but I kept him in neutral for the moment.

"Let's see what we got for local color around here..."

I fiddled with the tune a bit, looking for something to come in clear, I had some cassettes in the console and the glove compartment, but I was curious.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

She's... this girl is...

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "And what comes to your disbelief that a pecking order exists here... Are you perhaps blind? Deaf? Or simply touched in the head?"
    Stop.

"Do you really believe your own words? Look around you. From the moment we arrived to this dormitory, each and every person has started asserting themselves as much as they can. This creates a natural social hierarchy within our little commune that will last until the end of the year."
    Stop it. Don't...

"For youth of this age, that pecking order is everything. Without it we are nothing, as none of us has power. Thus, those who desire it and have the capacity for it grab it, and those who do not fall in line and follow because they are too weak-willed to do anything else. This is the natural order of things. This is society."
    I know you're right, so please, don't say it...

"Fail to assert yourself and you will be trampled too, like the thing you are... Unless, of course, you really are as ridiculous as you look, карлик."

"You...!"

I don't know how to deal with her.

She's unreasonable, haughty, an absolute complete bitch, needlessly abrasive, and...

"...you're right."

And absolutely correct.

After all, wasn't I thinking exactly the same thing, just a minute ago?

Yeah. There's no point to pretending otherwise, Prushka.

I agree, and look her in the eye. This girl is the embodiment of the society I despise. She is the humans that look upon me as a freak, because I am. But why is she here, then? Surely someone who understands the truth of the world around them wouldn't be in a school for the incorrect and aberrant? Perhaps...

"Thank you for being honest. That's what landed you here, isn't it? A refusal to pretend society is anything other than an awful circus of hierarchies. For a moment there, I'd almost believed in Oceandrop's naivete."

I look down. I back off. I step down, and admit defeat.

It hurts. It hurts and it's frustrating! I don't like losing at all!

I've never had to deal with this before. Not since that time. So it hurts even more than usual.

Why is she calling me those horrible things? Why is she trying to hurt me like that? Why is she threatening me with physical violence?

Because she can, obviously. That's what people are like.

"...I need to fill up my water bottle from the sink. Then I'll leave. Could you move aside, please?"

I won't meet her eyes again. I don't want to look at humans right now.

Blog Entries
    Prushka

"... Hmh. Looks like even a dullard such as you can learn."

A sadistic sneer rose to Elizaveta's as she watched the defeated form of Prushka slump its shoulders and jump back to the floor. The taller girl seemed to take definite pleasure in watching the previously high-spirited girl's bravado crushed. No, it was not just that. Something else flashed in the Russian girl's eyes, but only for a split second. A whirl of a baton, and she stepped back to the floor herself, once again standing before Prushka. Or rather, in between Prushka and the sink. She was definitely doing it on purpose, after the rather pitiful request from the other girl.

"As for what brought me here... well, you are not mistaken," Elizaveta continued, sounding practically proud of it. "I ill see the need to pretend like madmen such as our dear Principal does. It simply serves to delude one into thinking society is more than what it really is: a beast to be conquered. A lesson you have done well to understand, карлик. And that is directly responsible for the other reason I am here."

With another twirl of her baton, Elizaveta made it point straight towards the door and the dormitory that lied behind it, where one could hear cheerful sounds of people talking, laughing and getting to know each other. Sounds that, for all intents and purposes, felt hollow and meaningless and so very distant when heard from this kitchen.

"... I want to find some real people from among those gathered here," she revealed. "To see any have actually been caught in this delusional program that thinks it can change people from what they are at their very core. Either predators..."

With a calculated, slow motion, Elizaveta leaned in closer to Prushka's face, so that she was almost next to her ear, and cooed the next words, once again taking pleasure in nailing down that final nail of the coffin.

"... Or prey."

Then, with a mocking grace, she stepped aside from the sink, allowing Prushka an access to it... but yet remaining, intent on taking in the sight of her defeated more to the very end.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"...what's the difference?"

I'm scared of myself right now.

"Between them, that is."

I've never met someone like... whoever this girl is. She existed, of course, in my mind. As the imagined avatar of human society, she might have been someone I had nightmares about. I had debated against her mentally hundreds and thousands of times, postulating, proposing, and being struck down and proven wrong at each turn. In a way, she helped me reach the conclusions I've arrived at today. And now she appears in the flesh.

So is it any small wonder that now, even as I want to bristle in rage and yell at her... I can't?

"Predator and prey."

The sound of water trickling into an empty plastic water bottle is all that keeps the kitchen from being silent for a few seconds.

Maybe it's because she represents that eternal foe, that I never once won against, that I can ask this question. Certainly, I never would have broached it to the few I respect. Not to him, and not even to them. But to her... well, the foe I battled in my mind couldn't answer every question, because I myself was still wondering. Perhaps this girl has reached farther.

"I've always thought that... society itself was the real predator, devouring humans and forcing them to march to its tune. And if you rise above it, then..."

The thought tapers off along with the water, just as the bottle is filled to the brim.
    Last edited by Bloble; January 14th, 2019 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Vier Wolf

It took some forty minutes on foot, but finally Aleen and Vier had reached their destination. Through the low town of Road's End, past the main road and the old, dilapidated railroad tracks, into the town proper and turning around the corner to get an old diner with a giant neon "A.D." shining from its rooftop to their views. All the while the afternoon sun of early September was caressing their skin, keeping any chill at bay quite easily. Aleen had been talking almost non-stop during their walk, complaining about this and that when it came to the old town. However, even her mood seemed to soar when she saw the diner come to the view. This was further increased by the sign that read 'New Pinefall Students Eat Half-off Today!' that had been left just outside the diner.

Indeed, Aleen practically skipped over to the glass door and swung it open, making a bell ring at the other end of the establishment.

A sound that was immediately followed by a cacophony of pans and pots and other kitchen utensils falling to the floor loudly.

"Oh, dagnabbit!"

Woman's voice immediately followed the noise and the two girls could see someone hurriedly squat behind the counter to pick up the stuff they had dropped. One by one, utensils and their ilk were lifted up to the counter, ending with a rather large pot that made a loud 'gong' sound when it hit the tabletop. After them came a sight of a woman in her thirties, standing up and dusting off her clothing. Her hair was deep chocolate and she was wearing an outfit that immediately outed her as a staff member of the diner.

Well, there was also the fact that there was a framed picture on the wall showing exactly this same woman, just a bit younger, standing proudly before the diner they were in.

"So, what can I get ya---" The woman started, but stopped when she saw the two girls. Suddenly, her face melted into something of a smile and she leaned against the counter with her hands. "Well... you two lovelies must be from Pinefall, right? New students?"

"T-that's right!" Aleen piped up, hitting her chest with her fist. "New to the town, both of us!"

"I see. Well, welcome then. I was hoping I'd get to meet some of the new kids today, give them a proper End's greeting. I'm Avery Walker, owner of this little AD-Diner here," the woman introduced herself. "So! What can I get'cha girls? We've got just about everything in the back, so whatever tickles your fancy, I can whip up."

New Person Met!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

Is he...Staring at my scars...If it was out of pity, it definitely would be normal; hell, I get that look way too often but somehow this guy is different. His eyes are completely emotionless, but that colour, that glow, it kind of reminds me...Nah, it is just a coincidence, there is no way that could ever happen. But thinking about it...He has an eyepatch. Maybe he is just a nice guy who was misunderstood, was cast out of society and ended up having a miserable life, and he just understands my situation...But does not feel bad for me, we both know there is nothing to feel bad for...

Whether it was his eye, or my interpretation of the situation, but I suddenly felt more relaxed, if not slightly optimistic about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Souma
    "... The diner is a good choice. The cherry pie there is so good..."

"... It'll kill you."
    "That...certainly sounds like something we can't miss. Hmm...If you were to stick around until we get there, I might treat you to some."

After giving my hair a few playful twirls while observing the boy, I turn my gaze towards Elaine. I fold my arms behind my back, lean towards her ever so slightly and give her a mischievous smile;

"Obviously, I would be more than happy to treat you to something as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Souma
    "As for where I'm going, well... I will tell you when to pull the car over."

"... I can walk back."
    "Hey, I'm sure we can always just pick you up on the way back if you tell us where to meet you. Though obviously it is just a suggestion, if you want to walk, then that is fine."

Momoi Hisa
    Phase: Evening
    Phase.Date: 06.09.1994.

While not exactly knowledgeable about vehicles, I could clearly tell that Elaine's car was something special and that she took good care of it. A cool car for a cool girl, eh?

I was standing a way back with Souma while she was checking up on the car. Figured it was very precious to her, didn't want to just intrude without her permission. Taking some glances towards the boy, I could clearly see that even he was impressed with the ride as well and for the first time his eyes seemed to show some sincere emotions.

Once we got the permission to approach, Souma, with absolutely no hesitation, got seated in the back. Trying to rid of the smug expression on my face, I quickly hopped in as well and took my spot at the passenger's seat. Just sitting in the car already felt so very refreshing. Certainly, this was still a relatively fresh experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Let's see what we got for local color around here..."
    "You know" I began in a slightly embarrassed tone, while fidgeting with the chain of my pendant "I never really had the opportunity to listen to music. Well, not modern music at least. I can play the piano and sing a bit, but other than that I only really know a few instruments..."

"Not that I have any problems with this kind of music, in fact. It is just that my circumstances would not allow me."

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---

Vivienne Bianchi

Phase:
    Evening Phase
    ---

Room 112's door opened, and its recently settled-in occupant poked her head out, peering into the hallway. She looked left and right, seemingly looking for something, or perhaps... someone? No, judging from her constant back and forth, as well as her meticulous reading of a piece of paper she held in hand, Vivienne was most likely trying to find her bearings. Stepping outside into the hallway, the quiet girl began walking towards the western side of the floor, having seemingly identified where she should be headed...

... however, when she reached the final set of rooms, Vivienne's eyes made a back and forth between the room numbers, names and what she had drawn/written on her scrap of paper before just... turning it upside down.Doing some edits to what she had scribbled, and now facing the opposite way, where she just came from, Vivienne resumed her excursion, taking note of the names and number plates of every single door she walked by, until she arrived at the end of the hallway, near the kitchen and stairs.

Rather than going to any of these destinations however, Vivienne swivelled towards her immediate right, now face to face with room number 102. Confirming the name written below the number, the quiet girl nodded to herself as she put the piece of paper away in the drawing book she carried everywhere with her, and then, knocked onto the door.

Her book was at the ready, illustration already drawn to grace the eyes of the one who would open that door:

The Drawing

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf

After a casual forty minute walk, we finally reached our destination. Along the way in between Aleen’s complaints, I asked her various things about the town. They were fairly simple questions like “what is that?” with the aim of directing her complaints into something informational. Despite the fact that our school was fairly away from the diner, and my only company was just complaining about every little thing about the town. It was actually very refreshing after sitting on a bus for several hours and then being herded around like a bunch of cattle.

So I casually smiled as I saw Aleen skip over to the diner doors and swing it open with open happiness. I lightly smiled at her antics or was it the Half Off sign at the front? Perhaps both, but I wasn’t going to admit that to anyone. The thing that followed that wasn’t as good. I heard the sound of several pots and pans fall on the ground followed by utensils.

"Oh, dagnabbit!"
    “That doesn’t sound good.”

I thought about going to help until I saw the dropped items appearing from the floor and being carefully stacked onto the counter in front of us. This might take a little bit so I decided to let my eyes survey the diner a little bit. It was a nice, homely diner that you could find technically anywhere. The only thing standing out to me was a photo of the owner (?) standing proudly in front of the diner. After my brief inspection, the cause of the plates finally revealed itself.

It was the owner (?) of the diner themselves. She was older than in the picture but still as pretty as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Owner(?)
    "So, what can I get ya--- Well... you two lovelies must be from Pinefall, right? New students?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "T-that's right! New to the town, both of us!"
    I was going to respond to her question but seems like I didn’t need to after all. Also, I know I was playing dumb earlier, but eventually someone is going to call your bluff Aleen.

Quote Originally Posted by Owner(?)
    "I see. Well, welcome then. I was hoping I'd get to meet some of the new kids today, give them a proper End's greeting. I'm Avery Walker, owner of this little AD-Diner here. So! What can I get'cha girls? We've got just about everything in the back, so whatever tickles your fancy, I can whip up."
    I debated asking her to make a baumkuchen. But that reminded me of what my best friend said to me before the last time I saw her.
    ‘Hey after we’re done with this, want to celebrate with some baumkuchen? I heard it was pretty tasty!’
    Just thinking about that day, made me lose my smile a little bit. It'll happen one day, I just need to wait. I recovered quickly from my little flashback. In the meantime, I should try out one of those famous cherry pies.

“I would like to try… one of your sweet cherry pies if you don’t mind.”

Blog Entries
    Vivienne Bianchi

"Yes?"

The answer was almost immediate as the door of the room 202 creaked open, revealing behind it an immaculately decorated room that would have taken a lesser man the whole day to set up. However, Alex Terrot seemed to have managed to do it in just the hour or so they had been in their rooms so far. There were new sheets on the bed, few maps and framed newspaper articles had been set up on the walls, array of professional-looking (if rather masculine) clothes had been put on the coat-hangers to wait for use... it all was very ready-looking. Even on the desk was a collection of notepads, books, fountain pens and, of all things, a rather expensive-looking typewriter.

One could practically smell the ink of the newspaper headlines from this room.

As for the (apparent) girl herself? She had set aside her heavy coat, favoring a combination of a vest and suit pants instead. Curiously enough, she had removed her shoes, choosing to go socks-only. Very cute socks, in fact, one with a bunny-rabbit pattern on white surface. Indeed, they were... curiously unfitting for the rest of her androgynous appearance.

"Ah, Mademoiselle Bianchi. I'm glad you took me up on my offer," Alex said, a curt smile appearing on her face. "Please, come in and sit wherever you like. The tea is almost ready."

And indeed, there was a clunky-looking portable stove in the corner of the room where a kettle was already brewing. A waft of pleasant aroma entered Vivienne's nose, and outed it immediately that Alex had used rather expensive leaves.

"Oh, here, please," Alex said as she let Vivienne in, and pulled the chair from the desk for her to sit on.

The only chair in the room, actually. Looks like Alex was intending to stand.

"How have you found our accommodations so far? If nothing else, I'm glad that the Oceandrop Program has refurbished this old dormitory for our usage. "At least there is plenty of space, even in our rooms."

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Er, Mr. Hatou? Is there anything like a badminton net lying around?”
    "Oh!"

Having been so focused on his work, Mr. Hatou had completely missed the sight of Lucille entering the gym. Now his head perked up and swiveled to look at the girl. Immediately those wild eyes of his lit up and he dropped the wrestling mats where he stood. He jogged over to the blonde girl, stopping exactly a meter away from her. His chest was moving due to the heavy breathing, and his abs seemed to undulate mesmerizingly now that they could be viewed from up close.

Oh boy. When he was this close, one could practically feel the oozing waves of testosterone emanating from him. It would have made anyone a bit light-headed.

"Miss Faraday, right?" Mr. Hatou asked, grinning widely. "Great! I wasn't expecting any students to seek out the gym this early, but I commend you for getting a head-start on your peers! Makes me happy that someone is so full of energy even after a numbing bus-ride like that, gwahaha!"

Well, there was laugh robust enough to cause vibrations in the body of any person close enough, just like Lucille was. It was like standing next to a amplifier and a bass-guitar's sound rumbling through it.

"But, well, badminton, eh? Sure! We should have some rackets and shuttlecocks in here!" the teacher continued, scratching the back of his head. "Just gimme a moment and I'll get you geared up! The first request from my new students gets done extra quick, gwahahaha!"

Jogging over to one of the walk-in storage closets (yes, his buttocks were still jiggling), Mr. Hatou opened it up with his key. He gave the place a look, and even from where Lucille was she could see the storage was full of various sports equipment, enough to arm a small army. Much more than only 29 students would have needed. She could also hear the teacher mutter "Hmm, I swear they were here somewhere..." as he rummaged through the nearby shelves. Then, suddenly, Mr. Hatou hit his hand with his fist, apparently remembering where they store badminton rackets.

As it turned out, it was near the door of the walk-in closet. On the lowest shelf. Forcing Mr. Hatou to bend over.

In other words.

His butt was now jutting out of the closet, aimed at the ceiling of the gym.

"So! How have you found the school so far, Miss Faraday? Everything okay?"

This was the question that came from
    Mr. Hatou
    The Butt

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "I've always thought that... society itself was the real predator, devouring humans and forcing them to march to its tune. And if you rise above it, then..."
    Elizaveta scoffed, like he had heard what Prushka had said before and found it laughable.

"Society is nothing but a beast just like any other. It eats those who are weak. Those are strong devour it instead," she said. "It all depends on how strongly a person asserts themselves. Those who are truly strong grind the society down with their heel and force it to act as they want. For example, take this pecking order. Whoever finds themselves at the top, their view of what is right and what is wrong becomes the new law. Those that person abhors get ostracized, those that person finds pleasant have their status elevated. Society conforms to what that person wishes, for it cannot go against their wishes. It is pitifully weak in that sense."

Watching Prushka slowly fill her water bottle, Elizaveta walked over to the window and leaned against with her back while folding her arms. That piercing, arrogant glare of hers was still upon Prushka, refusing to let go like a snake refused to let go of a mouse. It was clear that she was enjoying this moment, as feeling of power was what made her tick (that much was obvious). However, her expression held something else in there but just enjoyment. It was not sympathy nor anything else of that sort. The closet emotion to it was... perhaps disinterested pity.

A look one reserved for a roadkill they pass by while driving.

"Prey such as you conform to society's wishes. Predators aim to make society conform to their wishes... but it is the apex predator that eventually decides what society finds right and what it finds wrong," Elizaveta spoke coldly. "That is why I used the term 'fake'. Those who pretend they are more than what they actually are can be found everywhere. Misguided little dullards who play a game of make-belief with what they are. I've no interest in such fools. They are nothing more than furniture to decorate the room with, things such as you, карлик, even if they do not share your physical deformity."

Glancing outside through the window, a moment of bitterness seemed to pass by Elizaveta's face.

"... What I want to see is if there is even one real person in this world other than myself."

Elise Pelltier
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 06.09.1994

Elise looked about her room. She'd packed away most of her belongings, her bookshelf was now well stocked with the books she'd brought with her, and other than the pair of dufflebags stuffed unceremoniously into a corner, everything seemed well in order now.

Alright! Now what? wondered Elise as she looked around her room, It's too nice of a day to spend it all indoors, especially after all that time cooped up on the bus. Wander around town? Get the lay of the land and take in the local flavour and all that? Yeah!

She grabbed her room keys off of her desk, and her backpack and went out her room's door, locking it behind her as she went. Elise glanced down the hallway to her right, towards the sealed off section of the dormitory.

I wonder what's in there. I mean, it's probably just unfurnished and unrenovated dorm rooms, and probably a little bit hazardous to venture into as a result, but... one can't help but wonder what's in the forbidden section. If they're not renovated yet, it might be interesting to see what state Pinefall was in whenever Oceandrop acquired the buildings... no, no. I'm not going to try and sneak into the sealed off section, but I could probably take a peek through one of the first story windows...

Elise started down the hallway towards the stairs, her travel plans forming in her mind.

Walk around the dormitory building, see if there's a window in the forbidden section I can peek into, and then wander around campus to get a lay of the land? Yeah! That's a plan!

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

The hiss of carbonation followed an aluminum crack. Light condensation wet the hand holding the green can. Tapping his foot in a peculiar, heavy metal rhythm of a song that was on permanent loop in both Colt’s head, the teenager took a sip of his Dew. Twirling a keyring with a collection of strange adornments around his index finger, the young man ran over the posted map of Road’s End.

The heavy sugar content of the drink could be felt instantly. The caffeine would follow soon. By all accounts there were next to no health benefits and far too many detriments to drink the greenish beverage, but habit is as habit does. Nobody has a perfectly healthy lifestyle, and bad decisions slip into everyone’s cracks eventually. This particular habit just happened to find its way through more often than it should.

The twirling came to a stop as Colt caught the ring mid-spin. For the most part, he’d memorized the map to a degree that would get him by for now. The gas station, hospital, places to eat, and a few places that caught his interest in particular were all stored securely in his head, along with a general layout of the roads.

Dropping the empty can into a waste bin along the wall, Colt set off down the hall, then out of the dorm.

Leaving the dorm, Colt strolled toward the parking lot. The red Mustang parked beside his own beast was long gone. A shame, he thought. It looked well taken care of, and he would have liked to get in the good graces of the owner. Colt loved convertibles. The feeling of wind shooting past the open top and whipping your hair here and there, it just couldn’t be beat.

“Well at least you’re happy that red beauty isn’t here stealing the spotlight no more.”

There was no response from the dinged up pile of junk that Colt spoke to like a real person. Rusted parts pulled from God-knows-where had been shoved together onto the frame of what looked to be a Harley. It almost resembled the art pieces that people put together out of trash they pulled out of the junkyard, a decorative piece that would sit on the living room chest or on the shelf over the fireplace of a mechanic’s home. Though it was certainly art, not a single bit of the Junkbeast was trash.

The kick of the engine as Colt turned the key in the ignition was like the scrapped together animal trying desperately to tell the world it wasn’t some decorative piece.

Putting on a set of aviator’s and unbuttoning his red dress shirt, Colt and the Junkbeast left the Pinefall parking lot.

Putting the kickstand down, Colt unmounted his junkyard steed. The trip was just a few turns down the road, hardly necessary to drive, but he took any excuse he got to take her down the road. Pocketing his keys, the new Pinefall student patted his hair back into place as he began scanning the area.

After all, he’d be living here for a few years. The sooner he familiarized himself with his new scavenging spots, the better.

Blog Entries
    John Dove & Adelaide Cheshire

"BUTT-TICKS----!"

While the very animated girl next to John was having what could be only described a total meltdown of most magnificent magnitude, the others realized that while introductions had been made in the classroom earlier today, nobody had actually, properly introduced themselves. First one was Adelaide was the first one, and thanks to John's words, the girl who had been mentioned next practically jumped at the opportunity to steer the conversation away from insects and butts and their various relations.

"Yeees, Sakura Tsukioka here~!" Sakura exclaimed, waving her hand excitedly. "Just think of me as the Big Sis you can depend on! Like Johnnie here said, I'm pretty good when it comes to cooking, sooo~"

She leaned in with a devious smile, eyes darting back and forth.

"If you guys wanna experience something even better than what we got at the cafeteria today, you bring me some ingredients~!" She half-whispered. "Ufufufu~!"

There was... something slightly threatening at these words.

Next one to take the opportunity was the green-haired artist, who took this chance to set aside his guitar for a moment (apparently satisfied with it). He took a good, long look at everybody gathered at the common room before flashing them all a rather wondrous smile, one that accentuated his admittedly handsome looks.

"Inacio Ilusão, at your service," he introduced himself. "I'll be begging your pardon in advance if inspiration strikes me in the middle of the night and I end up playing a song or two. I know I've woken up room-mates before at ungodly hours thanks to my... rather wonky sleeping schedule. But as long as I stay caffeinated, I should be able function like a normal human being."

Sakura leaned in closer to whisper something that everybody could hear into Inacio's ear.

"Five bucks and I'll whip up such a bomb-of-a-drink you won't be sleeping for five days, guaranteed."

Okay, that sounded even more threatening.

"... Four bucks, and I'm in," Inacio answered with narrowed eyes, like the boy was actually considering it.

Next was the grinning, lanky youth with the looks of a lion. He chewed on his toothpick and gave a slight nod towards everyone, but especially Adelaide. Indeed, his eyes seemed to be pretty focused on her most of all.

"Then there's me, Pyry Leijonamieli," he concluded. "Like Johnnie-boy here mentioned, my name might ring a few bells, but I won't get mad even if it doesn't. God knows I got a crash course in that earlier today. Fame is such a fleeting thing..."

--- Then, almost like an afterthought.

"Oh, and this girl about to have a nervous breakdown is Ubon Sĕeklêun," Pyry added, shooting a pitying look at the person in question. "I think she said she was into extreme sports or something?"

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Momoi Hisa

"Pull over here."

It had taken some twenty minutes of driving until Souma Nubatama finally spoke again. During the whole trip, he had been silent, either listening to radio or staring at the neck of either of the girls sitting on the front seats. It had been somewhat unnerving all things considered. But that weirdness was easily topped by the place where Souma wanted them to stop. It was at the intersection of the main road, the one that led out of Road's End. There was practically nothing there, just the old railroad tracks and ridiculous amount of forest, with the local mountains towering in the distance.

And as the car slowed down and came to an eventual stop, Souma nimbly climbed out and jumped down to the asphalt, seeming none too bothered that, even by the standards of Road's End, he had arrived to middle of nowhere.

"... I'll be taking my leave, then. Good day."

With just those words as his sign of parting, Souma turned his attention south-east, towards the forest and the railroad tracks, and began walking... almost like he intended to follow the road until he'd got to some specific part in the woods. Sensing perhaps some confusion and even unanswered questions in the air, the boy turned to look back after only five steps or so, his piercing eye staring straight at the girls.

A ghost of a smile haunted his lips as he decided to answer what had not been questioned, but had been wondered by probably both of them.

"... I intend on following the road for a while. The woods are vast, after all," he spoke softly. "Even an experienced hunter would get lost if they weren't careful."

Chuckling softly, like he had just made some inside joke that only he could understand, Souma then turned away once more and slowly started his way down the road.

All the while the song on the radio kept droning on.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Alexstrasza's Room

​It was rather simple, to set up my room. I don't have many things, really - clothing, books, and a few trinkets at most. It was mostly a time where I was left with my own thoughts.

Mr. Oceandrop.

Pinefall High.

The Program.

None of them, by themselves, are all that interesting, but together... This place really is different. With a small smile, I glance towards the wall, my hand almost naturally reaching out towards it. Behind this wall is... Well... Hm.

I suppose you could call her 'my first friend'. She did seem to have a lot of luggage... It can't be helped, can it? I'll have to help her out. Exiting the room, I casually move over...

And knock on the door of Cesarine.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

Adelaide winced. Ubon's whole being had changed into a visage of horror. The very existence of 'butt-ticks' - and Adelaide was no fool, she knew they didn't exist - had sent the blue-haired girl into a frenzy. She was about to speak up, but a wave of introductions followed in suit around the room, and she held off.

“…Adelaide.”

John.

That was his name, wasn't it?

Uh-oh.

She managed a nod, and a smile. She could give him that much.

"Yeees, Sakura Tsukioka here~! Just think of me as the Big Sis you can depend on! Like Johnnie here said, I'm pretty good when it comes to cooking, sooo~"

The smile she sent Sakura's way was, in comparison, much more real.

"If you guys wanna experience something even better than what we got at the cafeteria today, you bring me some ingredients~! Ufufufu~!"

Adelaide put a delicate finger to her chin, thinking.

"That's really impressive, Sakura. You'll have to show me how you do it, I've never really cooked before."

She paused for a moment.

"Wait, what kind of ingredi-"

"Inacio Ilusão, at your service. I'll be begging your pardon in advance if inspiration strikes me in the middle of the night and I end up playing a song or two. I know I've woken up room-mates before at ungodly hours thanks to my... rather wonky sleeping schedule. But as long as I stay caffeinated, I should be able function like a normal human being."

A caffeine addict, huh? She'd met a lot of people like that. Too many, she thought. In her eyes coffee had attained a terrifying stature as some kind of super-drug, the fabled 'Black Joe'. So far, she'd stayed away from it - probably for the best.

"Five bucks and I'll whip up such a bomb-of-a-drink you won't be sleeping for five days, guaranteed."

"... Four bucks, and I'm in."

This was exactly what she meant. Exactly.

It was, truly, terrifying...

The lion-maned man was next, and his eyes seemed focused on her over everyone else. He didn't give her the same feeling as John - something about him seemed very 'straight-forward' from what she had seen, the kind of person who said what he was thinking. It made her smile, just a little.

"Then there's me, Pyry Leijonamieli. Like Johnnie-boy here mentioned, my name might ring a few bells, but I won't get mad even if it doesn't. God knows I got a crash course in that earlier today. Fame is such a fleeting thing..."

Adelaide tilted her head. The name sounded familiar, but she didn't watch whatever sport he competed in - martial arts, was it? No, it was for a different reason. She snapped her pale fingers as it dawned.

"Are you from Finland? I remember Harkvaldson mentioning a 'Pyry' once or twice, but I never understood what he was talking about."

She considered it further for a moment, muttering to herself in thought.

"Maybe that was why he wrapped the flag around himself sometimes..."

"Oh, and this girl about to have a nervous breakdown is Ubon Sĕeklêun. I think she said she was into extreme sports or something?"

Adelaide blinked, twice, looking at Ubon.

She...

There was no other way. She took pity on the blue-haired girl.

"Don't worry, Ubon, I'm sure you don't have... butt-ticks. Even if they did exist, you'd know by now, right?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Elaine Winters
    Land's End - On the Road

"Ah, alright then."

We'd pulled over into a nice stretch of absolutely nothing.

I looked over my shoulder as he clambered out of the car, nimble in that mildly off-putting sense that he had going on around him.

Well, it wasn't complete nothing, it was a crossroads with the main road out of town, nothing around except train tracks and woods.

"... I'll be taking my leave, then. Good day."

He oriented himself along the road headed south-east and started walking, all that was along that stretch were just more tracks and trees.

I frowned.

"... I intend on following the road for a while. The woods are vast, after all. Even an experienced hunter would get lost if they weren't careful."

Well, whatever. Suit yourself, guy.

"We'll be in town for a bit if you need a ride back, I guess."

I left one more offer out on the table, he could take it or not, I supposed.

"Guess it's just the two of us now."

I shifted the stick back into first and got moving again. Bowie crooning in my ears as I drove on.

"Wanna head through town first, or just go straight to that Overlook, I'm cool with either."

I battered my thoughts around for a moment, looking for something to say.

"So, uh, where y'from? I'm from all over, personally, mostly here, of course. Old US of A, mostly down south, really. Think I was born in a barn in Kansas, though, from how my Dad tells it, not very ladylike, but he's just givin' me crap."

It was mostly just to fill the air, blathering on.
    Last edited by Mormarth; January 14th, 2019 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

She’s being punished. For what, Lucille wasn’t quite sure (though she had an inkling), but this was a time where she felt the punishment was far more excruciating than the misdeed she may have committed. How could someone be so… oblivious to the effect they had others? Was it a lack of self-recognition or a blinding sense of confidence that could overwhelm anyone?

Those were thoughts that would not be addressed by standing around, and the more she did nothing about the situation, the more she felt her brain would inevitably empty out its contents. Mr. Hatou’s reverb had already shaken her up enough as is.

Remember. Politeness. Elegance. Virtue. Those were the ideals she lived for. She could still abide by them, she just needed to remain calm in the face of the swaying assault on her eyes. Deep breaths.

Lucille was thankful that Mr. Hatou had turned away, giving her an opportunity to close her eyes and answer the question without distractions.

“Ah, everything’s been quite fine. I’ve been homeschooled all my life, so attending a school is a new experience… but I’m sure it’ll be exciting nonetheless,” she said, her voice immaculately steady despite her inner distress. Once the words slipped out of her mouth, she opened her eyes, hoping that she could have a… more wholesome view of her teacher.