Page 140 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4090130135138139140141142145150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

I was about to answer Ubon, but the sound of someone knocking on the door distracted me - and by the time I could react, Ubon somehow ended up on the floor with her face in the carpet, butt up in the air and leg wrapped in the bed sheets.

Of course, she can’t have hurt herself too much, what with the carpet and the slow fall, but…

The way she was wiggling her backside, it was quite the sight.

It was a nice and round butt, though...I wonder…

I glanced at the door, then back at Ubon’s bottom.

Who could it be even?

It’s certainly not Pyry...But either way, whoever it is, they could still probably wait just a bit.

Indeed, there were more important things to focus on right now.

“If you are not careful…”

I prowled towards Ubon, almost like a predator ready to pounce on their prey;

“Someone will come to claim this amazing butt you have!”

And I reached out, grabbing her booty with both hands, squeezing it just slightly.

“Damn, Mercedes should be jealous of you!”

It was quite the nice feeling, with a delicate balance between soft and firm.

Hmm…

What does my butt feel like?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Ah, I feel awful.

Awful, awful, awful.

I barely notice as Elaine Winters and some hanger-on of hers walk by. The small girl waves. I meet her eyes and barely muster the strength to wave back.

Why bother with others? When my skin crawls just from being awake?

Even those on the other side of this door hold nothing good.

What will she say, seeing me like this? Will she smirk smugly? While she see through the fake visage of discipline?

Or perhaps she'll shut the door in my face. It may be too early. Yes, disdain and dismissal are most likely...

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    "Coming~!
    Something crashes hard on the other side of the door.

"Owwie..."
    D-disdain, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “If you are not careful…”
    Y-yes. Disdain. Despair. Darkness. Terrible, awful things await on the other side of that door.

That must be it. For sure.

“Someone will come to claim this amazing butt you have!”
    "..."

I must've misheard.

Yes, of course. The stress has finally snapped. I'm hearing things. This woe that has befallen me is taking its toll on my sanity, that must be it. How pitiful. Absolutely pitiful I am. That I'd run from reality into the arms of delusion.

Delusion, that must be it. Because there's no way. Absolutely no way-.

“Damn, Mercedes should be jealous of you!”

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"What the hell are you doing in there, Hisaaaaaaaa!?"

Bang, bang, bang!

The door shudders and quakes. I'll break it down if I have to!

"Deviant! Pervert! Ecchi! The scourge of humanity! Was Pyry not enough!? Are you trying to sink your teeth into everybody!?"

I was a fool to think she could be redeemed!

Yes, Hisa Momoi is certainly the worst human being ever to exist! An evil dark lord without an ounce of goodness in her body! She must be defeated for the sake of world peace!

"I won't let you get away with thiiiiiis!"

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Meeting Liana Skye here at the hotel was definitely not a part of my plan. The more I tried to make a similar enough timeline for me to easily predict upcoming events. The more something comes out of left field and attempts to throw me off the rails anyways. Was it too much to ask for things to stay the same?!

Quote Originally Posted by Liana Skye
    "Morning V! You like these sorts of early morning trips too?"
    Liana Skye’s greetings seemed equally surprised but much more enthused to see me here.

“Morning Lia and a little bit yeah. Didn’t think I would find anyone here though.”

I casually returned Liana Skye’s greeting before walking into the hotel’s entrance. I made the attempt to look around for the front desk’s worker. I get the feeling, I wouldn’t be able to notice his approach until he appeared behind me. The sudden shadow looming over me indicated that even if I was alert and expecting it, James Halloway was impossible to notice until he was in your blind spot. Which was still surprising and equally worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by James Halloway
    "... And you are, young ladies? Are you sure you are in the right place?"
    "Yes, this is the Owl's Nest, correct? My name is Liana Skye, and this is Vier Wolff. We're Pinefall Students, from Mr. Oceandrops Program?"
    “It’s nice to meet you. Would I be wrong to presume that you’re Mr. Halloway?”

I give a small curtsy to James Halloway when Liana Skye takes the lead in the conversation and introduces me properly.

"I'm not sure why Vier is here, since we just ran into each other outside, but I came here to make two requests of you, if that's alright. First, I heard that there was some sort of Library here? If so, I was wondering if it was open to the public? I'd like to browse it a bit if that's okay. As for the second... I'd like to know if you have any job openings here? I can clean, and I'm a pretty good cook, if that's something you're interested in in an employee?"
    “Ah...”

I looked at Liana Skye in slight shock. First, she shows up here instead of whatever Adelaide Cheshire was doing this morning. Next, she said what I was going to say to James Halloway. Liana Skye is just plain unnatural.

“Actually I came here for the same thing… A friend told me that there was an unofficial library here so I came here to read some books if it was okay. I’m also looking for a job. However, I’m better at cleaning than cooking unless you just want a filling meal.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Nah, nah, nothin' wrong, not yet, 'least I hope not. Just me being impatient and wantin' to see where you were at with the thing. Plus I kinda wanted to check in on you, see if you were alright after the business last night. I figured you were, but y'know, yeah...
    Hwan's cocked eyebrow rose even higher.

Then, an amused chortle emanated from the boy, and his face changed into a lop-sided grin.

"Well thanks for worrying 'bout lil' old me, Ponytail. But yeah, I'm fine. I mean, I didn't get a lick of sleep last night so I'm sorta out of it and running on cigarettes and coffee right now, but a cold shower and some breakfast should fix that," the white-haired boy replied, making a vague gesture with his hand. "As for 'that thing', well... it's like I told you last night. I got it open and handed it over to T-Bone. Nothing but bunch of pills, some sorta specialty gauze and a syringe inside it with couple of bottles... and those I've got no clue. So it's up to him to figure that out."

From the tone of his voice, it seemed that even Hwan was a little sceptic of Travis being able to handle stuff like that, or rather, having the knowledge and experience to make use of it... but the way the thug had acted last night, he most likely did. Everybody was full of surprises at Pinefall, and Travis was no exception, apparently.

"Sheesh, figure you're blowing enough smoke in there, Smaug? You know you're not supposed to blow through the whole pack in a day, ya human ashtray, crack a window or somethin' maybe you'd sleep better."
    Hwan cackled.

"Old trick I learned from this battlefield surgeon - keeps you up surprisingly well. Though maybe I did go overboard a bit..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly when 17 pinched her nose. "... Yeah, I hear you, brat. I'll ventilate today. Might even skip class to do that - got lot of other things to do, too. I think one of my wards on the second floor went off yesterday morning, so should check on what the hell was up with that..."

"An' I figured I should round up the gang and see what we're going to do for Little Miss here. Maybe grab ol' T-Bone an' wherever he's roamed off to, kick Anna awake maybe if she's not already on her way down, then go grab a bite or something, talk about crimes and such. I got a good idea Drummer Boy's already off trying to make up for me dragging him into our shenanigans last night. And believe you me, if I had some hair dye on me, I'd think about slamming in there and putting on a big show about a lovechild or some sort of nonsense, make a big soap out of it, could probably make it pretty believable too."
    The white-haired boy snorted as he walked away from the doorway, starting to look for pants to pull on.

"Yeah, you got the look of a daytime soap star alright - you might even pull it off," the boy replied when he finally found a pair of jeans and started pulling them on. "Anyways, I'm down for some breakfast. I think that T-Bone's out relaxing at the pool, though. Might not want to bother him before he gets his groove back on. He seemed a bit snippy couple of hours ago."

Hwan wiggled his eyebrows after saying that. And indeed, if Travis had been awake already at that point... there was a good chance he was even more grump than his usual self.

"And while Scarecrow's frown might spoil the milk in my cereal, guess it's alright if we ask her too," Hwan continued, having finally dressed up. "Though... how the heck are we gonna explain the brat if we run into faculty?"

17 frowned at Hwan. While the girl didn't seem to understand what the two were talking about, she still gleamed from the tone what Hwan meant by a "brat".

And now she was puffing her cheeks indignantly.

Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Date: 08.09.1994 (WED)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "I would be delighted to dine with you, Cesarina. Would you, Miss Ramalsaqr, care to join us?"
    Ramia gave the duo a lazy nod as she stood up from the bed.

"Sure. I'm ready to wolf-down a bushel of bacon or two, so if you two high class ladies don't mind me pigging out next to you, I'll take you up on that offer," Ramia chuckled and patted down her clothes, before slipping something she had held in her hands into her pocket. "As for what we were doing, well..."

For a moment, bit of an awkward look appeared on the dusky-skinned mercenary's face - the kind of awkwardness that was adorned by a grin that didn't exactly extend all the way through. While it might not have been something too bothersome to reveal, at the same time Ramia did seem like the type who didn't like spreading too much rumours about her own doing. However, thanks to Cesarina's beaming smile (she was clearly proud about something) even the Libyan eventually relented.

With a sigh, she patted the pocket where she had just slipped that metallic something.

"I've been looking around for a bit of something, and since I'm not sure if I can do it on my own, I asked Cesarina here to rig me up a special sort of metal detector. Nothing too fancy, just for specific types of metals. Should make my job a bit easier," Ramia explained. "See, I'm pretty sure that this old... well, let's call it a 'heirloom' that I've been looking for is somewhere around this town. And while it's not actually worth anything, I'd still like to find it."

For just a moment, an almost gentle smile flashed on the girl's face as she looked at the other two.

"... Gotta make sure it doesn't cause trouble for good folks of this school or town," she added as a low murmur.

Then, as if an after-thought, Ramia turned to Alexstrasza and raised her finger.

"Oh, and don't mention this to Anna, alright?" Ramia said. "She'd get even more kick to her Indiana Jones jokes..."

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “So now you know where to look. Just in case you ever need to use one again.”
    Tris's eyes light up, and she beamed at Colt.

"Verily, thou art a man with foresight! If I art to ever bunk hereth againeth, I shalt need to knoweth the ins and outs of thy abode!" The girl replied in her usual boisterous way and snatched the towel from the boy. "Oh, while I art drying off and changineth clothes, be a dear and awaken thy charge as well! We shalt head to breakfast as sooneth as I art doneth! My stomach verily hungers, and I hath witnessed the cornucopia of foodstuff that art displayed to thee students every morning!"

Wow.

She was practically drooling.

No... she was drooling, as revealed by how she used her newly-acquired towel to quickly wipe it away.

And what was that sound?

That rumbling sound that was almost like a V8 engine coming to life?

-------- Oh.

It was her stomach.

... Just how hungry was this knight?

"I shalt make haste!"

With that, the door slammed shut, and soon enough Colt could hear the humming again - this time accompanied by the sound of towel meeting freshly showered skin. It was quite the magnificent combination, one that practically burned itself into the teenage boy's ears. Especially since there was only a single door between him and the wonderland that he had caught a glimpse of when the blonde knight had turned around and closed the door. There had been a sight of something full and bouncy and firm, a round flower the color of fair skin that had been enticing... yet very dangerous to pursue.

Especially since....

"......................................"

Tris had been wrong.

Colt's charge needed no awakening.

After all, when the boy turned around after feeling a sudden chilling dread, he found himself being targeted by a pair of eyes both disappointed and cold.

".................................."

Oh dear.

Hisa Momoi & Prushka

"Um..."

There was a sound of some confusion that came, muffled, from somewhere around the carpet. The butt that had been up in the air wiggled a bit before Ubon, finally dug her fingers into the carpet itself to drag herself forward. Alas, the firm-yet-soft athlete's behind inched away from under Hisa's grasp... though it did so with the pace of a snail thanks to the trouble Ubon had moving. Indeed, the whole girl resembled a snail quite a lot right now.

Meanwhile, outside the door, furious yelling of a familiar voice could be heard.

Along with equally furious banging of the door.

From the looks of it, this morning's guest did not appreciate what Hisa had just done.

"Y-you know, Hizzie..." Ubon mumbled as she tried to untangle herself from the bedsheet. "... That's super swell of you to say, but, uh, ah, erm, well..."

Finally, she was able to turn herself and around thus Ubon was freed of her linen chains. Immediately she followed this up with a tumble forward, exhibiting her athletic prowess as she rolled back to a standing position with one smooth move. Just like that, the cyanhead on the floor had been revived, and she stood in the middle of the room in a dominating T-pose for a moment, bouncing on her heels. Then she spun around and struck a pose by putting her hands on her hips and with legs spread apart. The eyes of the girl were trained at Hisa, and there was surprising amount of fire in them.

Fire that had been born from a strong opinion.

Opinion that must have been engraved somewhere in Ubon's heart.

"BOUNCY BUTTS ARE BETTER THAN SPORTY BUTTS!" Ubon's sudden holler resonated in the room, even over Prushka's yelling. "Even if Mercie's a meanie, she's still got uh-mazing butt! Like, that girl's cranked up the butt-dial so hard it broke! She's all butt! Nothing but butt! The buttest butt that ever butted! So while your compliments are totes adorbs and made my morning already..."

Ubon's index finger struck forward, pointing straight at Hisa.

"Don't underestimate the other butts of this school!"

Then, in the silence that reigned afterwards, an embarrassed little giggle escaped Ubon's lips and she shuffled a bit on her feet.

"... B-but thanks, Hizzie. While I'd like it to be a hunk-of-a-guy fondling my butt, I'll let it slide this time since it was pretty sweet," she added with a quieter voice. "Especially since..."

It was at that moment Hisa noticed the mischievous glint in the athlete's eyes.

But it was too late.

Far too late.

Ubon's shuffling had taken her to the door, and now, almost like in a slow-motion film, she put her hand on the handle.

That smile turned into a devious grin.

--- Eye for an Eye.

--- Butt for a Butt.

--- Grope for a Grope.

"Especially since...!"

Without warning, Ubon threw the door open and revealed the furious Prushka on the other side. Without missing a beat, Ubon put her hand on Prushka's shoulder and yanked her into the room, almost throwing her towards Hisa. And with her other hand... she readied her fingers into a groping position.

"Hold her down, Prushie!" Ubon hollered as she dashed back towards Hisa. "I'mma 'bout to have my revenge, for realsies---!"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"If you don't open this door-!"

It opens.

In an instant, the door opens, and I'm face to face with the two people I'd most and least wanted to talk to.

Ubon and Hisa, standing there.

"Hold her down, Prushie! I'mma 'bout to have my revenge, for realsies---!"
    "Eh?"

That's not what I expected.

'Prushie'? Am I still worthy of being referred to so affectionately? It was only a few hours ago when we were all strained and in pain, right? Are you sure you haven't woken up yet, Ubon? How can you smile like that as if nothing happened?

As if to answer that, Ubon's hand pushes me forward, into the room, towards Hisa, who's standing there, barely dressed, the ghost of a smile on her face-.

"Hisa, I..."

It's strange. She's smiling? That grumpy girl was happy just a second ago? That's can't be right; I've never seen her smiling before, not sincerely.

Then, surely, whatever is going to happen now, it'll lead to that smile disappearing.

I stumbled forward, raise my hand, reaching towards her, and wrack my brains, which haven't yet caught up to what's going on.

"Wait, I wanted to-."

It's cut short. Whatever I was going to say is cut short as my foot catches on something while moving forward. It's stuck in place as the rest of me continues moving towards Hisa.

I've never really had one of those moments where everything slows down before except your thoughts. Masha had those moments, because it was what made her special. But, right now, that moment is here for me as well.

Yes, it's like a movie in slow motion.

Glance down. My left foot is caught on... a blanket? Was Ubon wrapped up in this? I need to move, put my other foot down, before I... no, it can't be done. My other foot is holding the blanket down. I'm tripping myself, and because I didn't get enough sleep, because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, because my body's too slow to respond in time...

Oh no, I'm going to fall.

"Ah-!"

Pushed forward by the playful hand at my back, I careen towards Hisa and the floor, on a collision course for both.

Something, anything! I reach for the closest thing that can arrest this fall before it results in head meeting floor at high speed. But there's nothing here, except...

Hisa herself.

I stretch my fingers to their limit towards the other girl, and...!

"Waaah-!"

The fingers of my left hand hook around a bit of cloth that doesn't support me for any longer than a second. My right reaches further, a bit past, closes around something soft and warm and firm, digs in, and...

Slips off after a second that lasts a hundred years.

Time speeds up again. Thought vanishes.

"Oof!"

With a thud, I land face-first. But it doesn't hurt. Whatever I grabbed onto must have slowed me down enough to not get hurt...

One at a time, I squeeze my eyes open and look forward. On either side are a pair of feet, which makes sense, but also stretched out ahead of me are my hands. The right is empty, but the left... is holding onto...

"..."

It's must be really breezy up there now, huh...

Elaine Winters

Now that was the question of the hour, wasn't it? How exactly am I going to explain away why I've got some kid hanging around with me all of a sudden, let alone what I'll have to do in the next few hours.

Currently, my only plan was for someone (me) to play babysitter, but that's a temporary solution at best.

Granted, it only needs to last two days, after that, no one seemed to show too much concern, granted the only authority around at that time was a bit distracted by those three randos who showed up late.

Never quite got what their deal was.

Maybe Anna'd know.

Hmm.

Well, Jo, at the very least isn't going to rat her out (probably?), Cops didn't seem like they were too aware of what was going on at the hospital anyway, they had their own goons out and about, so maybe look into her.

Plus that sketchy doctor she'd mentioned.

I folded my arms, frowning.

Still, for the time being, focus on what's in front, we'll pow-wow at the Caf and figure out a plan as a group.

"Well, I don't have a disguise kit hanging around in my back pocket, so probably for the best to try to puzzle out a story that'll hold muster..."

I tapped my fingers along one arm speculatively, "Could say she's a relative, had to pick her up in the middle of the night, trying to dig around for her deadbeat dad, poor thing can't even speak English. Elements of that story are true, and if someone wanted to check it out, they'd have to do at least a bit of digging..."

I tilted my head back and forth, "It's not the best, but if we play the sympathy card, it'll buy us a few days, I think, enough for us to figure something more permanent-like out. I've got a friend in town, could maybe pull a few strings given a bit, might have to go see them later on anyway."

I shrugged, "It's what I've got for right now, gimme a bit and I'll have something better, may as well see what Anna-Banana thinks, she might pout if I go running off on some wild story without cluing her in," I smiled with a bit of strain, "One hot-head to another."

Then, I waved a hand in the air, leaning on the door as I surveyed him dressing, "But enough'a that, sup with this 'battlefield surgeon' talk, favor yourself a soldier of fortune there, Short Round? Not that I don't know a fair bit about keeping myself up on a stake-out, but you've got my interest."

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Ahhh, I see," I said, tapping my lips with a finger. A small smile grew on my face, as I tilted my head to the side. "You are something of a knight, yes? Attempting to defend the weak when they cannot defend themselves. How quintessentially... romantic."

Truly, there was something for everyone in this place. Even the likes of me, I suppose, even if I have not found it yet.

"I have no heirlooms for you to uncover, Ramia," I said with a wink, giving the girl a thumbs up. "But if you ask I am sure I can help out if necessary!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Hisa Momoi

Of course, it had to be that annoying brat.

What does she even want? Does she not have anything better to do than bothering me? What does it even matter to her what I’m doing with Ubon, when I’m pretty sure that it’s none of her business…

Seriously, does she not learn from her mistakes at all?

It wasn’t even a day ago that she got her head shouted off because of her idiocy.

But then...even right after that, she was already back to her usual stubborn and self centered attitude. I guess there’s just no fixing it, but...can she not see that it’s just going to lead to even more crap?

So much for the morning fun with Ubon.

Speaking of Ubon, it seems that while I was distracted, she went and opened the door while talking about some sort of a revenge, letting that annoyance in, who was…

What…

Is she trying to do…

I followed with confusion as she uttered some incomprehensible nonsense, before starting her charge towards me. Or fall, rather, as her foot got tangled up in the sheet that Ubon was still dragging with herself.

Was I supposed to help her?

She could just fall on the ground, it’s not like she could really hurt herself with the carpet there.

She’d deserve it, at the very least.

And indeed, that’s exactly what happened - she crashed into the carpet headfirst right in front of me, but…

I could feel as her hand clawed into my butt, probably while she was flailing wildly to regain her balance, and then there was the feeling of something sliding down my legs.

Something that happened to be my panties, which were now down around my ankles and still firmly gripped by Prushka.

I wasn’t even sure whether I was supposed to be surprised, or angry…

For a few moments, I just stared at Prushka, my gaze carrying a hint of disgust and annoyance.

Then I raised one leg, then then the other, so that I could step out of the underwear, before I too get tangled up in it.

In the end, it didn’t really matter - it was just two girls and a kid in the room. If there were any guys...it probably would have been a lot more embarrassing. But if it’s just Ubon, then there is no real reason to be ashamed.

In fact…

I grabbed the edge of my shirt, and got out of it was well, discarding it next to the lingerie that Prushka was still holding - and now entirely naked, I started walking towards my wardrobe.

“I was going to take a shower anyways,” I explained to Ubon as I fished out a few pieces of clothing out of the drawers, “always nice to start the morning fresh and clean.”

Helps to wash away this unpleasant memory too.

“Want to join?” I wink at Ubon, “You can take your revenge, and I can help you fix your hair.”

Her bed hair was quite something, thinking about it now.

I took a few steps towards the bathroom, then glanced at Prushka again.

“Just don’t do anything to my underwear in the meantime, okay?”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Y-yeah. Breakfast. That’s right. It’s pretty good here and…” The colorful vocabulary and his own imagination played off each other, slowing down Colt’s mind. Yet delayed as it was, it did arrive at the thought that might be more important than naked girls. Maybe. “Wait, you already went and checked out the-“

“I shalt make haste!”

Colt’s query was cut short by a rumbling stomach. Perhaps the rumbling really was from an engine, an engine that gave Tris the burst of speed she disappeared behind the slammed bathroom door with.

The boy’s hand was still outstretched, now empty. He slowly pulled it back and sighed.

“I don’t remember any rule against having overnight guests, but somehow I figure this is gonna get me into trouble one way or another.” He started to think of the schedule, what he could manage today. Colt’s eyes fell onto his empty hand, still covered in burns from yesterday. A trip to the nurse’s office would be necessary, again. But there was also breakfast, finding out what to do with the two girls, and class. “First thing’s first I guess. Gotta wake up Gradi-“

A foreboding chill washed over Colt. He had dared to forget that the universe is his enemy. That whenever he may fall to his base desires, a swift and deadly reprimand will be waiting.

The boy turned, finding that reprimand in a pair of eyes that felt distant and unloving.

“W-wait! I didn’t do anything this time! I didn’t even see anything!” Instantly, he began to defend himself. Because his actions were perfectly defensible! “I can’t help it, okay? I’m the normal one here, okay? Not just one but two pretty girls stayed over in my room.”

His shoulders slumped. Who, or what, was this cosmic force that had it against him? A God-like being that took the role of the sun to his Icarus. If ever he flew too high it was always there to cast him tumbling down to the earth. Well, for Icarus it was the sea, but Colt was more of the land. And the dirt.

For a few seconds longer he left his defense in the air between himself and the strange girl. Eventually, though, he hung his head, and did what he should have done from the start.

“… sorry.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff & Liana Skye
    [BGM]

The old man narrowed his eyes slightly at the sight of the two girls, clearly giving them a once-over to see just what sort of people they were. Scratching his bushy beard, he then nodded. Maybe he had found something he had been looking for in them or maybe he simply believed them now that the two had said they were part new students... whatever the case, the man was hard to read thanks to his stone-like expression that was surprisingly intense. He must've been quite the scary-looking person back in the day.

"... I see. A couple of Daniel's students, then. Welcome to Owl's Nest Hotel... understaffed as we are," he spoke, his voice like two boulders grinding against each other. "And yes. A library. Since this town has none, I have taken it upon myself to use the basement to store any books I can find. If you wish to use it, you're free to do so. Just take the stairs to the basement corridor. Third door on your right. It's marked with a sign that says 'Library'. Don't snoop around the other parts of the basement, though. Those rooms are for employees only."

Walking over to the cluttered reception desk, Mr. Halloway sat down on the old-looking chair and rifled through some of the papers until he found what he was looking for. It seemed like a guest list of sorts, with some times and other scribbles written in the margins. He followed one of those names with his finger, before finding something that made him tap the paper with his finger.

"Our Canadian guest is currently there, so if you have any trouble, ask from her. She has used the library many times during her stay. In short, if you wish to loan some of the books, you must write out what you have loaned and when you intend to return them, along with a phone number or a posting address if we need to look for those books. This service comes out of my own pocket, so I'd rather not start hounding someone because of due-to-return books... but I will. So don't even think about stealing any of them," he explained, his eyes drilling a hole through the two girls. "Especially since I know exactly where to find you Pinefall students. We all will have much better time if you follow the rules."

Finished with his lecture-slash-warning, James Halloway set aside the paper and took out another one, empty this time, and wrote something down on it. Then, he shot a glance at the two under his brows.

"As for a job opening... yes, I suppose. We do have few available. Both the kitchen and the cleaning staff do need help. However, I cannot exactly hire someone to work on the food with no knowledge of their training or before seeing their qualifications. If you wish to work in the kitchens, currently it would be as a dishwasher or a waitress," the stone-faced man continued, addressing the first part to Liana before moving onto Vier. "Cleaning the corridors and rooms, on the other hand, is something I can entrust to a high school student. When would you two be available to start?"

He stroked his beard for a moment, before adding:

"And, as an aside, will you be having breakfast? It is still being served, and it is quite delicious if I must say so myself," the owner of the hotel suddenly asked. "The fact that you're here this early tells me you most likely didn't eat back at your school."

Elise Pelltier & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Hey. You’re waiting for Anna, right? John—the guy who just ran off—went to go get her. If we didn’t know that, though… I’m sorry to say, but standing around here like that might give people the wrong impression.”
    The redhead was caught a bit unawares by Lucille suddenly addressing him, as if he hadn't expected that. Perhaps he had thought that his thorny aura would repel any and all students other than the one he was waiting for. However, just as quickly as he had shown a bit of surprise, the young man recovered. His slightly-narrowed eyes peered at both Lucille and Elise, showing quite a bit of something akin to suspicion in them.

"Wrong impression? Couldn't care less. People can think of me what they want," the young man known as Zane started. "... Though I suppose it'd be a hassle if everybody here got the wrong impression. Guess I'll try my best to not look so suspicious. At the end of the day, it's less trouble for me... Hmph."

Though his words were brusque, the change in the boy's aura was almost palpable as he relaxed both himself and his facial expression. In a certain sense it was almost funny, considering how his tone had been almost confrontational, but his actions certainly didn't reflect that. Perhaps Zane was the type that appeared rude and uncaring, but was actually quite accommodating and even nice on the inside.

"Still... how did you know I was waiting for somebody, much less that girl? Oh, right... rumours spread fast in a school. Well, just so you know, if those rumours were unsavoury they were mistaken. I'm not here to yell at her or pick a fight. She just did right by my bro so I came here to thank her. That's all," Zane continued, as if setting the record straight had been the most important thing in his mind... or rather, making sure that Anna's reputation wasn't being dragged through the mud because of what had happened. "Still, hmph... I didn't ask that guy to go run errands for me. I could've waited for her myself. There was no need to go that far. You guys were headed somewhere, right? And now you're stalled 'cause of me."

Again, this odd contrast of rude tones and word-choices carrying a message that was pretty considerate continued, but before he was able to continue, Zane seemed to realize something. He straightened his back out of nowhere and took a step forward, before extending his hand in for a shake for both Lucille and Elise, keeping his eyes at the duo. And while the stare was intense, it didn't seem like he was trying to be scary.

If anything, it looked like he was trying to be polite.

"Also, sorry. Got caught up in the topic and forgot my manners," the boy said. "The name's Zane. Zane Mitchell. And you ladies are...?"

Elaine Winters

"But enough'a that, sup with this 'battlefield surgeon' talk, favor yourself a soldier of fortune there, Short Round? Not that I don't know a fair bit about keeping myself up on a stake-out, but you've got my interest."
    "Nah, not exactly. Just some guy I met long time ago - an old vet. Got to talks with him while I was... eh, doing stuff."

Having finished dressing up, Hwan swung on his jacket, gave a hearty yawn and walked out of his room, closing the door behind him. Then, almost absent-mindedly, he patted 17 on the head (a gesture that made the girl blush and hide behind Elaine) and stretched in the corridor. Once he had finished acting like a cat that had been woken up mid-nap, the white-haired boy pointed his thumb towards the staircase, as if asking "shall we?". The idea was to find Anna before heading out to the cafeteria, so wherever the girl was, they would need to locate her first.

But, as the three of them talked, Hwan kept talking - though he kept his voice quiet and his expression smug.

"Not that interesting, if I'm completely honest. But, if you're really after a tale or two, I can oblige... for a modest fee, of course. I ain't running a charity here, after all," he said and cackled a bit. "You know how it goes. If I just divulge it all right outta the gates, I'll lose all that aura of mystique I've been trying to build. Nothing kills a man's image in the eyes of the ladies like knowing he once didn't shit for a week while out camping in Alaska. Nothing. Not that that actually happened. Y'know, hypothetically speaking."

As the two of them approached the staircase, Hwan's eyes wandered from 17 to Elaine once more, and for a moment, they looked a bit more hard to read.

Almost like he had been considering his words for a split second.

"Though, speaking of which... one thing I wanted to know 'bout this brat."

He patted 17 again.

"... How the hell did'ya know where to find her? And that she was in trouble in the first place?"

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "I have no heirlooms for you to uncover, Ramia. But if you ask I am sure I can help out if necessary!"
    Ramia grinned.

"Sure! If you happen to spy this... eh, I dunno how to properly describe it... err, a bracelet? Yeah, this sorta complex bracelet that looks pretty old, then gimme a holler. It's got these chain parts that connect the whole array to the wrist and the fingers and it looks pretty darn old," the dusky-skinned mercenary explained as the trio finally got to moving out of the room. "Should be pretty easy to spot in a place like this. It's certainly not local make, and would look like it belongs in a museum or something. It might also have some imagery of moon on it, too, but I'm not 100% sure..."

Cesarina giggled as she closed the door behind them (leaving Benito staring at them from the darkness, its eyes unblinking and unfeeling, like the eyes of a mass murderer that had been turned into cotton and fluff as a punishment for its monstrous deeds, and now it had only its horribly mangled form to keep it together in a world where its whole existence was nothing more than endless drudgery of days, acting as the plaything of a spoiled Italian girl and her whims) and locking it. The green-haired girl seemed to be in a good mood, and it wasn't just because she had apparently gotten to play around with some gadgets this early in the day.

If anything, she seemed to be elated thanks to the fact that Alexstrasza and Ramia were getting along quite well.

Perhaps surprisingly enough, so.

And that smile Cesarina directed at her blonde friend... one could have almost called it "proud".

"Maybe we should check local antique stores? Or perhaps the storage rooms and closets of this school?" Cesarina suggested as they walked down the corridor. "I get the idea that this school has all manner of things stored away, some of them more mysterious than the others. Why, just yesterday I saw these odd pamphlets in the faculty room... something about a local Mystery House and its Extraterrestrial Magnetism... or something to that effect. I did not get a too close of a look, since I was getting the package."

Ramia smirked, though it was slightly awkward expression.

"Ah, well... could be. Though yeah, I suppose this school has all sorts of things hidden away in their closet..." She said a bit quietly. "... Or rather, this whole town has. Far too many, in fact..."

Colt Davin

“W-wait! I didn’t do anything this time! I didn’t even see anything! I can’t help it, okay? I’m the normal one here, okay? Not just one but two pretty girls stayed over in my room.”
    While Colt's protests started, the humming in the bathroom continued... perhaps for the better. After all, Tris making that much noise most likely meant that she had no idea about the one-sided conversation that was going on on the other side of the door. Well, perhaps "conversation" was a wrong way to describe it. It was more akin to a hurried defense of a man about to be found guilty by the judge, jury and executioner who was sitting on his bed in those strange, futuristic clothes of hers while staring at him, deadpan and cold.

Oh, wait.

One of Gradient's eyebrows was rising.

It rose along with the silence that followed, and then...

“… sorry.”
    Another 10 seconds of quiet.

... Followed by a tiny sigh.

"........................... Mu."

Letting out that noise of acceptance, Gradient reached out with her hand and patted Colt on the head, tousling his hair a bit as if to say that he had been forgiven... for now. While the reasons for this leniency were unknown, it might have had something to do with the earnest way the boy had spoken, up to even referring to both of the girls as beautiful. After all, while Gradient didn't show it, she didn't certainly seem to mind the flattery.

And then, as if on a cue...

"Ahhh, that felteth so much bettereth~! I art reborn!"

Tris, dressed in much less outlandish clothes than the night before, exited the bathroom by swinging the door open. She was drying her hair with the towel that Colt had handed to her, showcasing just how long her ponytail actually was. And while her clothes were still sorta strange, at least now they could pass by something mundane if one didn't look hard enough. Well, they did resemble training clothes of someone headed to gym, but they were still better than the 'knightly' assembly that she had displayed.

And the less said about the gigantic sword that was leaning against the wall the better...

"So, shalt we headeth to the cafeteria?" Tris asked while setting the towel to dry over the door. "Methinks that Colt, thou shouldst leadeth us there - 'ere we succumb to the famine that preyed upon us. In addition, thy company shouldst deter any curious stares thrown our wayeth, no? After all, me and thy charge art young maidens in the bloom of our age! T'wouldst not be strange if we were to be accosted by some blackguard with untoward motives!"

... Why did she look so smug when saying "maidens"?

"A beautiful boy such as thee should do well in protecting our honor!"

Also, she didn't seem to realize that the two of them would gather stares for a whole other reason too.

Like the fact that neither her or Gradient clearly belonged in this school.

Hisa Momoi & Prushka

Snooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooort!

It was a strange sound, the one that followed what happened. A sound that emanated from the cyanhead of a girl, one known as Ubon, who practically deflated physically when she saw the aftermath of Prushka's charge and Hisa's reaction to it. And by deflate, it certainly wasn't anything hinting at her being sad. If anything, she was like a wacky waving inflatable tube guy who had lost all the air inside her, and now just sorta collapsed in on herself, crumpling to the floor. At the same time, that wondrous noise was let out of her nose, no doubt the sound of the air being driven out of her.

No, wait.

It was just the sound of Ubon losing it.

"Bwahahahahahahahahahahaa~!" Ubon guffawed, holding her stomach and kicking the air with her feet like she had been a kid. "W-what the heeeeck! Y-you guys... you guys are totes... what even the hecksies...! Teehehehehehehehehe~!"

It was hard to say which Ubon found funnier.

The fact that Hisa was now buck-naked (which was apparently very amusing).

Or the fact that Prushka was still face-first in the carpet, holding Hisa's underwear (which was apparently very amusing).

Well, whichever it was, it seemed that Ubon had been broken by the antics of the duo, and showed no signs of recovery.

"Bwahahaha-ow-ow-owwie, oooh, my tummy, oooww, aha, ahahahaa, o-owwie, oh god my tummy hurts for realsies...!" Ubon continued her hooting, doubling over as she had trouble catching her breath. "O-o-oh my god what are you guys even doing at this point...! Aha, ahahahaha, bwahahahahahaa~! Snooooort! H-Hizzie... H-Hizzie, Hizzie...!"

Ubon did her best to point at Hisa through her tears of laughter.

"I c-c-can see your tushie, for realsies!" Ubon blurted out like it had been the most hilarious thing in the world. "A-and Prushie, those are... those are Hizzie's panties! O-oh my god,you grabbed her panties...!"

This was starting to get a little awkward.

The sight of someone's buttocks and someone else holding their underwear shouldn't have been that fun. It really shouldn't have. It shouldn't have warranted a full-on belly laugh that had left Ubon now gasping for air, wheezing that she couldn't breathe, and rolling on the floor. And that mad giggling shouldn't have been as infectious as it was, the type of laughter that was funny enough to hear that the laugh itself made you want to laugh, too.

This situation was truly out of hand.

"O-oh, my lungs, my tummy, ow... oh god..." Ubon whimpered while trying to contain bursts of chuckles. "A-are you... are you guys...?"

Finally, Ubon managed to get some semblance of order into herself as she squirmed around on the floor so she could look at both of the girls.

"A-are you guys sure you're not sisters or something? 'Cuz you totally got the sibling comedy down, bwaha!" Ubon snorted, slapping the floor in place of her knee. "O-oh lord, I can't... can't stop laughing... oh my tummy...!"

Ubon guffawed again and glanced towards Hisa, grinning from ear to ear like an idiot.

"A-and sure, I don't mind a s-s-shower, as long... as long as..." Something she thought made Ubon almost start laughing again, and she slapped her hand in front of her mouth while her cheeks puffed up. "... as long as you keep your tushie hidden, for realsies...!"

And there she went again.

Laughing so hard the whole dormitory must have heard it.

Howling like a hyena at the sight of her naked classmate, and another classmate gripping a pair of panties.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; July 18th, 2020 at 03:39 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

---Not a bad outcome.

The older man had confirmed she could use the Library as she liked (at least to a certain degree), told her of it's exact location, given her a potential person to ask for assistance in the future if she has any trouble in said library, and punctuated it all with a lecture/warning that was absolutely one-hundred percent fair...

He simply didn't want anyone to steal his books, or snoop around in personal property.

That's a reasonable enough request, it's not like she intended on stealing anything anyway.

She probably wouldn't need any of these books long-term, and considering the circumstances this town was apparently under, the idea of 'long-term' might not even be a thing that she has to worry about at all...

Yep.

No complaints here!

Mission One, accomplished-!

Now, as far as the second task went...

Quote Originally Posted by Halloway
    "As for a job opening... yes, I suppose. We do have few available. Both the kitchen and the cleaning staff do need help. However, I cannot exactly hire someone to work on the food with no knowledge of their training or before seeing their qualifications. If you wish to work in the kitchens, currently it would be as a dishwasher or a waitress."
    "Okay. Sounds more than fair to me."

She hadn't brought a resume with her after all, so even him being that accepting of her request was enough for her...

"I can do both if you'd like, just put me wherever you need me."

Of course, a part of her had wanted the chance to flex her skills as a chef a bit, but it didn't really matter what the task was as long as she was being paid for it... Still, with Sakura hogging the kitchen back home, there might just be...

Yes.

A brief pang of disappointment at being unable to use the one here...

But it's fine.

She was used to cleaning, and being a waitress?

Easy.

People were her specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by Halloway
    When would you two be available to start?"
    As for this however...

That one is a bit more... Complicated in some ways...

Ordinarily she would say this evening, as that would be the answer that would best impress a potential employer; however, she has a few things she needs to do tonight, and touching base with Hawthorne tomorrow was probably a good idea too...

Keep the ticking clock in mind, and things just become that much more complex...

"I can wake up a bit earlier in the mornings and help with the start-up every day if you'd like? I'm used to all sorts of hours, so it wouldn't be that much of a problem for me to work a bit before school... But as a dishwasher or a waitress I can start this weekend, morning or evening, whatever shift you need me to fill, I'll take it."

A simple answer.

Work was work after all, sometimes you gotta work hard and that means sacrificing part of your weekend-!

And then-!

And, as an aside, will you be having breakfast? It is still being served, and it is quite delicious if I must say so myself," the owner of the hotel suddenly asked. "The fact that you're here this early tells me you most likely didn't eat back at your school."
    "..."

For a moment, she hesitates, contemplating something, before...

"If you have something small, I wouldn't mind eating a little."

Giving a straight answer.

"I don't have enough money for anything big," she says it matter of factly, since it's just another aspect of life to her, sometimes she had money and sometimes she didn't, depended on her current assignment, she was no beggar either way, "But I can probably afford a cup of coffee and a muffin, something light..."

...She probably needed the coffee more than any food honestly.

Barely slept last night...
    Last edited by Airen; July 18th, 2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Elaine Winters

"Hmpf, geezer who smokes like a chimney, huh? Sounds like my old man, hopefully not the same guy."

Then I waved a hand lazily, as if to dispel any lingering smoke that my all-too-sensitive nose already knew was irrecoverably burnt into the coat he was wearing, "But whatever, Captain Constipation, as riveting as that sounds, dunno if I'll be coughing up for that just yet, we only just met, you'll have to at least buy me dinner."

I tugged my hat off my head, scrubbing at my hair underneath with a bit of a yawn, blinking open one eye as Hwan questioned me.

"Hm? Ah," I shrugged a bit, twirling my hat on one finger, "Well, suppose I can give up a bit. Truth be told, I didn't know she was out there, was a shot in the dark, quite literally. All I really had were some suspicions and mostly just wanted to poke around near there on the way to the murder scene."

I gazed dimly off into nothing, "I mean, all these interestin' people here, and the people in charge give a bucket of cash to the local up-jumped clinic, and now they're all in bed together? Makes my nose itch, wasn't exactly expecting spooky Miss Anna or a girl in the woods or some weird paramilitary pukes, but hey, whatever works."

I sniffed idly, rubbing at one eye, the other gazing at Hwan now, "As for how I knew where to find her, that's easy."

I grinned.

"Heard her stomach growling half a klick away, girl's hungrier than anything."

Then I spread my hands, "So there you go, good timing, good luck, and me being amazing, the usual."
    Last edited by Mormarth; July 18th, 2020 at 08:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"....uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."

What.

What just happened? What am I doing? What am I holding in my hands?

I force my eyelids, which had been squeezed together, apart, and see...

Oh.

“I was going to take a shower anyways. Always nice to start the morning fresh and clean.”

“Just don’t do anything to my underwear in the meantime, okay?”
    "I don't, that's just, wait, that's not what, just, hold on a sec-!"

This situation is wrong. It doesn't make sense. And because it doesn't make sense, I can't respond to it correctly.

Yes, my brain clearly isn't firing on all cylinders. Or perhaps it's just the world that's wrong. This isn't how things should be. I'm not the crazy one; it's reality that's being crazy.

I push up, rising unsteadily onto my feet, stumbling backwards, pointing at Hisa with a clenched fist and outstretched finger.

"Like I'd want anything to do with your - gah! What are you doing!? The door's wide open! Anyone who passes by can see everything!"

The sight of Hisa Momoi without her clothes on isn't one I ever wanted to see. Not because of her scars or anything; she's just not a person I want to be able to imagine naked, ever, under any circumstances. But now that cursed image is burned into my brain forever.

I rush past Ubon, who is cracking up for some inexplicable reason, and slam the door closed before someone gets traumatized by the view.

"I c-c-can see your tushie, for realsies! A-and Prushie, those are... those are Hizzie's panties! O-oh my god,you grabbed her panties...!"
    Why are you laughing!? There's nothing at all funny about any of this! It's just a naked body! Don't treat a simple trip and fall like the height of slapstick! Charlie Chaplin is rolling in his grave right now!

"A-are you guys sure you're not sisters or something? 'Cuz you totally got the sibling comedy down, bwaha!"
    "Absolutely not! T-t-there's no way I'd be related to her! It's - just - gah!"

My fingers finally remember how to un-clench, and with that new knowledge I promptly wind up and fling the unfortunate underpants held within across the room, where they unfurl and collide with the curtains before falling between the wall and the bed.

"I didn't come here to do some morning gag routine! I just wanted to-! To... talk to you both about last night, and the night before that..."

...what am I doing?

This is ridiculous. It's too ridiculous to be real.

Are you trying to force things to be okay, Ubon? To fill this awkward air with laughter? To smooth everything over with a bit of silly and lighthearted fun?

Perhaps that's what works for her. Maybe that's how Ubon handles herself, how she starts the day, deals with things. And Hisa, too, she was clearly having fun and feeling better before I arrived. There wasn't any weird harassment going on, just two girls complimenting each other.

This sort of atmosphere is not what I want. I can't laugh things off just like that. It doesn't help.

But it's what they want, clearly. And trying to make things all heavy again certainly won't be appreciated.

So... maybe it's best not to mess with things. Don't ruin someone else's morning just because yours isn't going well.

"....um... sorry for barging in, and misunderstanding... I'll just... wait outside... until you're done..."

Maybe I can grab lunch while they're showering or something. Mine was only a minute long so they probably won't spend that much long in there... or maybe they will. Maybe I'll even have time to get a proper shower in if they spend all that time pawing at each other's 'tushies'.

Oh god, that's another image I never want to see. Ubon and Hisa together, naked, in the shower, getting all touchy feely with each other...

My right hand twitches, remembering the soft thing it had just grabbed, just moments ago.

Eeww... Gross...
    Last edited by Bloble; July 19th, 2020 at 01:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

More or less, I heard the same conversation as last time. While that was reassuring for me in terms of trying to keep things on the rails, it also felt off. While I hate being surprised or being at a disadvantage in a conversation, I always knew there was a certain small bit of surprise to it. Like hearing them say and act like so, then think in an entirely opposing way. I’m sure I would regain that little surprise factor if I could read his mind, but my capabilities for my ESP have more or less hit its ceiling. Thus I didn’t even try probing him like I did last time.

“When would you two be available to start?"
    "I can wake up a bit earlier in the mornings and help with the start-up every day if you'd like? I'm used to all sorts of hours, so it wouldn't be that much of a problem for me to work a bit before school... But as a dishwasher or a waitress I can start this weekend, morning or evening, whatever shift you need me to fill, I'll take it."
    “If you’ll have me, I would be happy to start cleaning tomorrow morning before school.”

Last time, I said I would start on the weekends because I thought I would have time to slowly set up a proper and secure foothold. This time however, I think I’ll need to gain more materials and equipment quickly. While I could fish around the mountains looking for material, it might also be faster and easier if I just pay someone else to supply me.

"And, as an aside, will you be having breakfast? It is still being served, and it is quite delicious if I must say so myself. The fact that you're here this early tells me you most likely didn't eat back at your school."
    "..."
    For a brief moment, I see Liana Skye’s happy go lucky attitude stop as she thinks through whatever conundrum she has.

"If you have something small, I wouldn't mind eating a little."
    I get the feeling that isn’t the full story… Is it because she can’t eat due to religious purposes, she ate something on the way here, or even one of those fad diets that promise it works… until you stop using it. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long before she revealed her reason.

"I don't have enough money for anything big. But I can probably afford a cup of coffee and a muffin, something light..."
    However, it was something much, much simpler than that. Liana Skye was like me. It wasn’t that we didn’t want to eat. It was just the fact that we couldn’t afford to eat. However, I do think she’s come from a better background considering she had a clean idol outfit. An ex-Idol swindled from her money through a contract?

“I’m the same… I think I’ll settle for toast and peanut butter with water. I think I’ll have to save my money a bit for the delicious chocolate cake that’s served here.”

Truth be told, the chocolate cake was pretty tasty and I wanted to see if I could bait James Halloway into offering a slice up for these poor students. Granted, that's just me being a little greedy. A french toast slice and maybe a muffin with coffee would be more than plenty for a light, quick breakfast.

Hisa Momoi

It...it can’t be this funny, right?

I glanced back over my shoulder, trying to see if there was something wrong with my butt, but there wasn’t much I could see.

Still, it certainly wasn’t that. And it wasn’t that she couldn’t read the mood either. No...she was probably fully aware of it. It must be exactly what she mentioned last time, that in such situations, she just gets too desperate, to the point where it starts feeling forced, only so that she could…

Still, I can’t just pretend for her sake and make it look like everything is okay.

Especially not when Prushka keeps behaving like a little brat again, and...what is she even doing?

She just barges into my room, pulls down my underwear and now just throws it away with that disgusted look on her face?

What if the window was open?

Is she just playing with her life?

I was getting quite angry at this point, but I tried my best to hide it, even if that still didn’t exactly fix the mood.

“Yeah, we can definitely talk soon,” I replied to Prushka, “I mean...I haven’t even had the chance to take care of my morning stuff yet. Would prefer to do those before going out.”

Of course, I had to check up on Pyry and Ru as well, even if that shouldn’t take too long.

...Wouldn’t having breakfast with Pyry be a lot more pleasant right now?

“Maybe over breakfast? We can eat out on the field as well, depending on what you want to talk about.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Curiously, it was not when being accused that the guilt set in, but when being forgiven. Maybe it was the feeling that it wasn’t earned. The twisting and turning of his head kept Colt from coming to a conclusion. Instead he just turned his eyes downward and silently accepted his forgiveness.

"Ahhh, that felteth so much bettereth~! I art reborn!"

It was then that Tris reappeared, and also then that Colt showed his first sign of real restraint as a man. No expectant eyes hoping for exposed flesh, just a casual turn of the head to regard her turn. Doing so freed the boy’s head from Gradient’s hand.

"So, shalt we headeth to the cafeteria. Methinks that Colt, thou shouldst leadeth us there - 'ere we succumb to the famine that preyed upon us. In addition, thy company shouldst deter any curious stares thrown our wayeth, no? After all, me and thy charge art young maidens in the bloom of our age! T'wouldst not be strange if we were to be accosted by some blackguard with untoward motives!"

“Uhh, about that…”

"A beautiful boy such as thee should do well in protecting our honor!"

Again with the beautiful. Colt almost blushed, choking out a short protest at the choice of words.

“Honestly, if anything, being with me is only gonna draw more stares.” Getting caught up in the pace and nonchalantly taking Gradient and Tris to the cafeteria wouldn’t end with just rumors and questioning. Colt could practically feel whatever metal, and likely very sharp, object Sakura had in that handbag of hers pressed against his neck. “Y’see, look, there’s this girl, and well, I sorta, you know. I don’t want her to see me… going around with two other girls… and getting the wrong idea.”

It just wouldn’t be fair! He hadn’t done a thing, but if everyone saw him coming out of the dorms with two mysterious girls, heading to the cafeteria to eat with them as though it were the most natural thing in the world, there would be accusations. There would be jokes. There would be death.

“And besides, this is a dorm. A dorm for a high school. A high school that neither of you are students at. I’m probably not even allowed to have guests stay the night.” He looked between the two girls. “Can you let me try to work something out? I promise to treat you to breakfast. One way or another, cross my heart and hope to die.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Sure! If you happen to spy this... eh, I dunno how to properly describe it... err, a bracelet? Yeah, this sorta complex bracelet that looks pretty old, then gimme a holler. It's got these chain parts that connect the whole array to the wrist and the fingers and it looks pretty darn old. Should be pretty easy to spot in a place like this. It's certainly not local make, and would look like it belongs in a museum or something. It might also have some imagery of moon on it, too, but I'm not 100% sure..."
    I nodded rapidly, cataloging the item in my mind. While I had little expectation of finding it, I saw no harm in aiding in said item's acquisition if the need so arose. It was simply... being polite, yes?

"If I see it, I will assuredly let you know," I said to Ramia, holding my fingers up in a small V. "It will be 'no skin off my back', as the Americans say."

Glancing at Cesarina in curiosity, as she seemed to be in a remarkably good mood, I wondered what it was that had brightened her day eversomuch. Perhaps it was something as simple as... making friends? From what I remembered from the previous times we'd spoken, the girl was quite lonely.

Ah.

It's because her friends are getting along. Yes, it is good when social circles mesh, Cesarina. I approve of your discretion. Once, I attempted to introduce this delightful griffon I'd met to a fellow classmate, only to discover my classmate was remarkably fleshy and a bit of a bleeder. It was a shame, but my practical joke did not go down exactly as I had planned, and I was out two friends - it is, after all, most uncouth to scream in agonizing pain when a griffon delivers its natural opening greeting of claws attaching to one's shoulders. And as the introducer, I was left at fault for my classmate's sins.

Such a shame, really. It is good that Cesarina has impeccable taste in friends. Ramia seems quite delightful!

"Maybe we should check local antique stores? Or perhaps the storage rooms and closets of this school? I get the idea that this school has all manner of things stored away, some of them more mysterious than the others. Why, just yesterday I saw these odd pamphlets in the faculty room... something about a local Mystery House and its Extraterrestrial Magnetism... or something to that effect. I did not get a too close of a look, since I was getting the package."
    "Ah, well... could be. Though yeah, I suppose this school has all sorts of things hidden away in their closet... Or rather, this whole town has. Far too many, in fact..."
    "Ramia is right, isn't she?" I said, tapping a finger to my cheek in thought. "Beyond the designated mystery house, there are quite a few mysterious houses here! From the local bookstore to the sawmill to the hospital to even here at our very own academy... Why, I'd say we could find quite a few more then 'seven mysteries' in this city alone!"

Smiling brightly, I looked excitedly at the two other girls.

"While grim, it is a tad wondrous to remember how brilliant the world is, yes? As dark as it may be, there are still hints of brightness in the mist. I am sure, together, we will be able to ah, 'light the way', yes?"

I gave the two girls a thumbs up with twinkling eyes.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 08.09.1994

“Vandemeel, are you there by any chance?”

“You have a visitor, one Zane Mitchell.”
    A brief moment of silence followed the knock, with seemingly no response, verbal or otherwise, coming from inside the room. This moment of silence stretched… and stretched…

…until the door was suddenly pulled open, revealing the owner of the room in question. Having swapped her usual red jacket and dark skirt for a gray and blue Adidas tracksuit, the normally abrasive Estonian girl was clearly dressed for some exercise, even as one of her trademark toothpicks was casually jutting out from the corner of her mouth.

A myriad of emotions flickered in the depths of those ruby eyes, as the Estonian girl looked at the blue-haired boy standing in front of her door. Curiosity mixed with a hefty amount of both confusion and suspicion.

This lasted for a moment before the Adidas-wearing witch let out an audible sigh and all of the tension present seemed to almost vanish in an instant.

“Morning to you as well, Dove. Mitchell, you say?” A lazy grin rose to Anna’s lips, almost as if she was reliving some nostalgia of the past. “Hmh. Learn from my mistakes, will ya? Do one minor good deed and some overtly conscientious older brother will never let you live it down.”

Stepping out of the doorway, Anna closed the door behind her, locking it with a small mechanical click, before turning backward towards John.

“Though I must admit, I wasn’t expecting you of all people to come and grab me on his behalf.” Her eyes turned back towards John, glowing once more with a subtle curiosity. “A bit more proactive than I expected, really… Though I really can’t complain, I suppose. In the end, this makes things a bit easier for me as well.”

“I can cut out the middle-man, so to speak.” A grin flashed on her lips for a moment. "What I mean is that you and I should sit down and have a nice chat at some point. I imagine we’ll have plenty of topics to talk about.“

A single step completely erased the distance between the two of them and Anna placed her hand on John’s shoulder, her face leaning over his shoulder, almost as if making a passing comment.

Anna’s voice dropped to a whisper, audible to no-one besides the jacketed boy besides her.

“Indeed, I am rather interested in hearing how you managed to get your fate entangled with this lunar lady of yours, John Dove. Even amidst those truly steeped in myth and legend, the nosferat are mainly considered to be nothing more but a tall tale, after all.”

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille Faraday
    “Don’t worry, I’ll help. Tonight, I might finally drag Sakura along with me… there’s a lot I need to explain.”
    "Thank you, Lucille! I promise I'll make it up to you sometime!"

Elise breathed a sigh of relief, Phew, alright. That's covered. I'm definitely going to owe her one after this. That's one less thing for me to worry about though. Now I can focus on worrying about everything else.

She did, however, feel a moment of apprehension at the mention of Sakura.

I'll have to tell Sakura at some point, won't I? Can't say I'm looking forward to that. Still, having her along too is probably a good idea, although I can't say I like the idea of her seeing me like that.

She shot another glance towards the fountain, remembering seeing her own sneering visage reflected in it under the night sky.

Really, I'd really rather not have anyone see me like that.

Lucille and Elise approached the bushel of flames by the fountain. As Lucille greeted him, explained the situation, and noted his seemingly aggressive stance and angry-looking glare towards the dormitory, the visitor's expression seemed to soften considerably.

He's like a nicer, more considerate-of-others version of Travis, thought Elise, Also, good on Anna, helping out a local kid. Too bad I missed having breakfast with her yesterday. Although, if she remembers last week too, then she might take that as a sign that I remembered last week too? Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Mitchell
    "Also, sorry. Got caught up in the topic and forgot my manners. The name's Zane. Zane Mitchell. And you ladies are...?"
    "I'm Elise Pelltier! Nice to meet you, Zane!" said Elise as she shook Zane's hand, "I'm glad Anna was able to help your brother out. We were just heading out to the store, but don't worry about holding us up. I'm sure John will be back with Anna before we know it!"

"Say, we're still pretty new to town. Anything you'd suggest checking out around here?" asked Elise.
    Last edited by Thalraxal; July 23rd, 2020 at 06:08 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory – In Front of Anna Vandemeel’s Room (Room 101)
    Date: 08.09.1994

Time for a cost-benefit analysis.

It seems futile to hide Her from others, at least those who are already immersed in the Turnside. Furthermore, She did not make it a point that he should keep Her a secret from others. He does not talk about Her because, more often than not, doing so would achieve no purpose. He certainly did not speak of Her to his therapist—he can only guess what he made of Her appearance in his sketchbook, and his dismissal of any questions regarding Her with a shrug.

While it is true that the chain that binds him to Her can be described as an obsession, it is not one that compels him to monopolize Her.

It is somewhat of a regret that John Dove cannot know the joy and satisfaction of things going exactly as desired. Anna Vandemeel told him everything he wanted to know by coming to call her and more, without any cue of his own. His words push his mind to make links: the people who stayed behind after the beach event, the people he saw Vandemeel interacting with thus far, the people he knows remember the previous week, and those he suspects do. He reaches conclusions that, like any, could be right or outright wrong, but he can only keep trailing forward.

“Yes, I wholeheartedly agree,” he replies in an equally low voice, while idly wondering that ‘wholeheartedly’ is a rather meaningless word coming from him.

About as meaningless as ‘rather’.

“We are pressed for time, but we should indeed find a chance to talk about all sorts of things. I do not like repeating myself, so perhaps Elaine Winters should be there too. Maybe you’d like to invite Ramalsaqr as well.”

A path to a peaceful resolution to the Ramalsaqr issue is already in his mind. Maybe Vandemeel’s participation would improve his chances of success.

“I feel obligated to make two corrections, however,” he continues. “First: I am hers. Not the other way around.”

The second point needs a moment of consideration, as he collates the contents of several tomes with his personal experiences.

“Second…She is no mere nosferat. Or perhaps She is, and it is the meaning of ‘nosferat’ itself that needs revision and expansion.” He shrugs. “This I do not know, but I never claimed myself an expert in the matter.”

False humility is unbecoming, John Dove.

“In any case, I have done what I came here to do,” he then says, switching gears while taking a first step away from the girl he believes he should catalog as ‘overly familiar’. “We both have people waiting for us outside, so I would suggest making haste. I shall also take your advice into consideration, and think it twice if I ever have the opportunity to help someone’s younger sibling.”

However, considering his so-called ‘sisters’, Sakura and Skye, treat absolutely everybody as a ‘younger sibling’, what is he supposed to make of that?

Life’s conundrums aside, John has no real intention to wait for the girl unless she has something else she wants or needs to say—it is not as if they have to walk outside together, after all.

“Oh, and do excuse my utter lack of manners just now,” he adds after thinking back on the very first words she said to him. “A good morning to you, Vandemeel.”