Page 141 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4191131136139140141142143146151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi & Prushka
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "....um... sorry for barging in, and misunderstanding... I'll just... wait outside... until you're done..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Yeah, we can definitely talk soon. I mean...I haven’t even had the chance to take care of my morning stuff yet. Would prefer to do those before going out. Maybe over breakfast? We can eat out on the field as well, depending on what you want to talk about.”
    Finally, finally, it seemed that Ubon had managed to exert some self-control, as the cyanhead's laughter came to a slow halt and she climbed back up from the floor, wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes. However, by the way her body was spasming every now and then, it was clear that she was holding back another giggle-fit from escaping her lips and turning this situation even more into a comedy than it had before.

"T-Talk? S-sure, sure, Prushie... yeah! We can do that, for realsies!" Ubon said, beaming a smile at Prushka as she stretched a little bit. "Though I gots some stuff to take care of this morning, so mind if we keep it short? N-not that I wanna ditch you two, you're loads of fun, but y'know... even I got things to do, as totes weird as that is."

With that, Ubon asked Hisa where towels could be found and grabbed one for herself. Then, while humming a pleasant tune, she started towards the small bathroom on the other side of the room. Weirdly enough, despite the awkwardness that was strong between Prushka and Hisa, Ubon... seemed absolutely not affected by it. And just by looking at her, it was clear that she wasn't just ignoring it or trying to downplay it. No, it was like she had pushed all that bad blood under the bridge for now, deciding to grace both of them with her sunny personality until it was time to talk about more serious things again.

In other words, Ubon had decided that she'd much rather have fun with her two friends for now that she could and only address last night when the time specifically called for it.

"So then, let's get a quick shower, Hizzie and head on out to a new day! We gots lots to do, and only few hours before classes begin!" Ubon proclaimed, pointing towards the shower... then, her shoulders slumped, and she let out a whimpering noise. "... We have a double period of maths today... my brainsies are gonna get deep-fried, for realsies..."

It was almost surreal to hear someone worry about such mundane things.

Still, so the plan for the morning was set. Take a shower, talk and maybe get some food, and leave enough time for everyone to take care of their own things.

Simple enough.

... Though the way Ubon quietly snickered: "Heeheehee... butts..." as she entered the shower showed that there was a still a lingering sense of danger around certain subjects.

Vier Wolff & Liana Skye

And with that, plans were put into place for a when the two would be able to start their jobs. Namely, James Halloway said that they should come when they're able, and only then. Apparently he held education in high regard, and since they were "Daniel's kids" - whatever that meant - he didn't seem to want to put too much pressure on them. Nevertheless, tomorrow morning's cleaning shift would be the first opportunity the two would have at working, so if either of them turned up then, that'd be that. And as for the food, well, Vier had experienced it before... but this time, Mr. Halloway produced two coupons from his desk, handing one out to each of the girls.

Daniel's kids don't go hungry at Owl's Nest, from the looks of it.

The restaurant part of the hotel was both quiet in its atmosphere, but judging from how the hustle and bustle behind the kitchen doors was still going on, perhaps they had just gotten over the "breakfast rush" so to speak. Few customers here and there were still milling about, drinking their coffees or orange juices, reading today's newspaper or talking with the other people around the table. All in all, it was a rather normal breakfast scene at any smaller hotel, and the big timber logs that had been used to build the walls gave the whole thing almost homely atmosphere. Add in the pine trees swaying outside and it was hard not to realize that they were up north, smack in the middle of great woods and the ocean. Far away from home, in other words.

Still, while Liana and Vier got their breakfast (apparently the coupon was enough to just take your pick from what was still being served), the latter's eyes that had been scanning the customers spotted something strange.

After all, it was here that she had last seen a certain dusky-skinned young man who had kicked her in the face.

So it would not have been strange to see him here again.

But no... he wasn't here, apparently. Instead there was... someone else.

Someone Vier had never seen before, and would not have probably paid any attention to had her insticts not been on high alert thanks to the repetition of the week and seeking out weirdness on almost instinctual level. Yes, it was a sight of two men and one woman around a table, with one of them talking intently - a normal enough sight that one would have just passed it over normally. But this time...

"Michael, let me tell you about the dream I saw last night."

A silver-haired hair older man sat at one side of the table, sipping on a cup of coffee. Across the table from him, there was another man who, by his classical badge, could only be the town's sheriff: Michael S. Kennedy. The one next to him was a blonde, younger woman - perhaps a deputy or another member of his department. The woman was holding a notebook and a pencil, looking ready to scribble down something, while sheriff himself was staring intently at the silver-haired man. Almost like he had no idea what the other man was about to say, but wanted to hear it all the same.

With a smile, the silver-haired man set aside his cup of coffee and steepled his fingers together, leaning on the table with his elbows.

"Funnily enough, you were there sheriff- and so were you, Johanna," the man said, his way of speaking both fast and eloquent. "Michael, my dream was a code, waiting to be solved. Break the code, solve the crime - the first clue about this murder we have so far."

Wait what?

Now those words caught even Liana's attention.

Crime? Murder?

The strange silver-haired man smiled mysteriously while the blonde woman called Johanna kept writing down his words in shorthand.

New Person Met!

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “And besides, this is a dorm. A dorm for a high school. A high school that neither of you are students at. I’m probably not even allowed to have guests stay the night. Can you let me try to work something out? I promise to treat you to breakfast. One way or another, cross my heart and hope to die.”
    Tris looked a bit surprised.

"Oh, art that so?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. "Well, 'tis a shame, but there art nothing we can doeth about it, then. Dost thou intendeth to sneak us our supplies here into this roometh? If so, pack all you can - I art hungry as a wolf, and so I believeth is thy charge!"

She nodded towards Gradient, who let out an agreeing noise. From the looks of it, the two girls were already getting along swimmingly, which might have had to do with Tris's personality being pretty friendly and cheerful as long as one could make sense out of her delibirate and horrifying speech pattern. Though... perhaps that was also the reason why Gradient had taken a liking to the blonde. They both spoke in nigh-incomprehensible ways, meaning there must have been some sort of kinship brewing underneath the surface. And if they were to combine their forces...

... It was a horrifying thought.

"Then, we entrusteth thee with the acquisition of our rations!" Tris said and patted Colt on the shoulder, before sitting onto the bed, next to Gradient. "Make haste, and godspeed, Colt!"

And thus, with the decision having been made so easily, Tris turned towards the other girl with a grin on her face.

"Ah, while we waiteth, dost thou want to pass the time with some card games?" Tris asked, producing a worn-out looking deck of cards from... somewhere. "I art quite the card-shark, especially at Old Maid! Though, I promiseth that I shalt take it easy on you, since thou art a mere beginner!"

Tris puffed her already ample chest quite smugly, earning a flat look from Gradient.

... It might be best to hurry.

Elaine Winters, Anna Vandemeel & John Dove

"My my, oh wow, is it getting hot in here or is it just the two sourpusses of our school having a secret tryst first thing in the morning?"

A rude voice, followed by a cackle, cut into the conversation between Anna and John as a certain pair emerged from the corridor. A pair that included one of the people that the two had just been discussing, in fact. Indeed, Hwan Bin and Elaine Winters had appeared before the two standing outside Anna's door, looking like they had come looking for one of them specifically. Hwan, on the other hand, had a shit-eating grin on his face, clearly having seen Anna put her hand onto John's shoulder and lean closer to the boy. As a gesture it was completely innocent of course, but when seen by an outsider who wanted to cause as much trouble as he could...

... Well, he might have already been planning on starting up all sorts of rumours.

"Can't say I expected this," Hwan snorted, glancing towards his companion. "Looking at it, I think our Scarecrow is as good as gathering boys around herself as you are, Ponytail. D'ya think she paid this one? I mean, no offense, Johnny-boy, but you don't seem the type to do this sort of stuff for free..."

Yes, just one look at Hwan's face, and it was clear: He was having a field day with this one, prattling on without a care in the world.

In other words, he just wanted to annoy the two for the heck of it.

"Can't say I feel too comfortable with this revelation, though," Hwan cackled, sneering at the rest of the youths. "One maneater in our school is enough, but to make it two..."

He pretended fainting, and took some support from the nearby wall.

"Why, I fear for the chastity of all the boys in our class!"

Elaine Winters

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, I don't think John's a wannabe gigolo like you, Short Round," I affected a look of tiredness, one hand in my pocket, the other gently herding the girl-child behind me along.

Don't want her to go wandering off now.

"He strikes me as the kind of guy whose body isn't for sale, he's savin' it for that special someone, right?"

The words from my mouth were pleasant, and gently teasing, but my eyes were hard, even as I nodded at him in acknowledgement, feeling a faint sheepishness over my earlier rudeness.

I had, of course, been avoiding him.

I didn't blame him, I couldn't, really. Nothing in that situation besides what he had in his possession was his fault.

There was a lot about the situation I didn't know about, but that didn't stop me from having that bitter taste in my throat. That dull pulse in the back of my skull that whispered words just beyond hearing.

I'd always called it Miss Bad Decisions, but I knew what it really was.

It was getting louder.

I scratched at my jaw, averting my eyes.

"An' I don't think Miss Anna's as, ah, aggressive as I am," I continued, smiling crookedly, "So you can quit worrying yourself to death over there, it's just me you'll have to worry about."

Then I folded my arms in thought.

"Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were other thirsty girls hanging around," I noted, glancing a bit further down the hall to some sort of commotion coming from Hisa's room, what sort of nonsense had the little songbird whipped up?

"I'm just keepin' em on the down-low," I said, "Made em all scared with me just putting it all out there, gotta establish dominance, y'know, give it a week and the meanness'll start crawling around."

I sighed, folding my arms as the familiar gut-tickling sensation of self-consciousness fluttered up.

"But enough about my impending death-by-rumor-mill, we got the first meetin of the Babysitter's Club going down, Anna-Banana, you in?"

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

---It had taken her some time to mentally accept the coupon she had been given by James.

It is not that the young woman is not hungry -far from it- but there is always a certain part of her brain that dislikes being the recipient of charity, or rather, she feels somewhat uncomfortable with this sort of thing if she doesn't believe that she has truly earned it through some effort of her own...

That is why she turns away Cesarina's money each time, and why she doesn't just go to that girl with her financial troubles.

It didn't feel right.

This coupon was close to the same thing, but at the same time...

Turning it down would be incredibly rude.

---So she accepts it with a smile and a 'thank you.'

Of course, bizarre mental hang-ups aside, the smell of the breakfast coming from the hall eventually makes it easier to accept, overpowering the bizarre stance she took on this particular thing, even if the reason for that stance wasn't entirely clear-!

Yes.

In the end, she's about as weak to the concept of food as anyone else-!

French-Toast and some coffee, the return of a breakfast she had thought she had abandoned for the sake of time-!

It's something that brings a smile to her face, a temporary break from the day's tasks to test the quality of this hotel's food herself, an enjoyable enough task in it's own right, but-!

"Funnily enough, you were there sheriff- and so were you, Johanna," the man said, his way of speaking both fast and eloquent. "Michael, my dream was a code, waiting to be solved. Break the code, solve the crime - the first clue about this murder we have so far."
    ...Eh?

---Her gaze shifts slightly to regard the source of that voice.

Crime?

Murder?

Someone had been killed here recently?

---She had been told about the events that apparently took place 'last Sunday,' but this was just the beginning of Thursday, there should be plenty of time left in that ever-present hourglass, so...

Something else?

---A Sheriff, a Deputy, and the owner of the voice itself... A silver-haired man... Likely not a witness, considering his choice of words and the way the other two were regarding him...

This was a Hotel too, so there was a possibility he was from out of town... Considering that...

Some sort of Agent?

The Bureau? Here?

Her gaze sharpens ever so slightly, as if searching for something to validate this theory, but...

"..."

...It's interrupted with a yawn, and a bit of tired rubbing at her eyes, as if straining herself even that much was enough to remind her body of the unfortunate reality they'd be going through today...

Ultimately, she recovers from this with a shake of her head, as if banishing the fatigue with sheer force of will, and then-!

"You coming, V?"

It would look strange if she abandoned the other girl now, considering they had come in together, so if she wanted to listen to this particular conversation, best thing she could do...

Was just pretend like she hadn't noticed it at all, and sit down at a nearby table with Vier...

Close enough to hear, but not so close that it was obvious what they were doing...

They were students after all, just going up to the three of them would get the conversation shut down immediately, but thankfully...

She wasn't dressed too much like a student, long as they didn't draw too much attention to themselves and kept eating breakfast, things should just continue on as they were already going...

Yes.

"Looks like our job interview went okay; and we got a free breakfast out of it too, so it seems like it'll be a good day."

Just gotta make it seem convincing, shouldn't be too much of a problem there, just strike up a quiet conversation with Vier and keep her ears open to what's going on nearby...

"Was surprised to see you here though, thought I was the only one crazy enough to skip breakfast trying to get a job."

Head resting on one hand, she closes one eye as she regards Vier with the other, idly stirring her coffee with one hand, and...

"But it seems like we might really just be birds of a feather~"

...Laughs in a warm way.

"Your guitar's pretty nice by the way, worked for me really well at the concert! You have it for awhile? Where'd you learn to play?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory – In Front of Anna Vandemeel’s Room (Room 101)
    Date: 08.09.1994

What should have been a brief exchange has become a whole scene with the entrance of three additional actors. John immediately decides he has to be swift and concise, for he cannot keep his other classmates waiting any longer.

“I do not find it appropriate to discuss my intimacy in the presence of a young child, so I will have to pass on contributing to your fun this time, Hwan Bin.”

The girl is under Elaine Winters’ protection. That is everything he knows thus far, and admittedly, everything he needs to know. If there were something else he needed to know about her, John guesses Elaine would just tell him.

“Also, as I just told Vandemeel, I am in a hurry and you seem to have your own matters to attend to, so I will take my leave now.”

Well, Elaine Winters is already here, so there is no way around it. A colorless person that he will never be able to dismiss or ignore ever again. Her life will remain his burden for the rest of his days because of what his presence unleashed on that Sunday that never was. In an ideal world, Elaine Winters will never meet Her again, he will forever remain the symbol of a humiliating, traumatic experience, and she will forever remain the symbol of his own powerlessness. Unfortunately, he cannot count on that. The only thing he can count on is his assertion that Elaine Winters must not die again at Her hand.

After responding to Elaine’s nod with a curt one of his own, John turns to the Estonian girl.

“Vandemeel, regarding my…acquaintance, my opinion at the moment is that we already have enough problems in our hands.”

She will not act unless given reason to act, so the obvious plan of action would be not to provoke Her. The problem is that her thought processes are so alien that it is impossible to predict what will push Her to action; for example, will every single threat to his life summon Her? Obviously not: She did not reach him across time and space to that government agency’s office, nor did She save him from Mercedes West’s car or from the Disembodied Man.

“Anyway, let’s have that conversation some other time. Tomorrow should be fine.”

Should it, really? Considering his plans for this day, the question is whether he will be still alive tomorrow. However, he will have little of worth to say before he gets the answers that he now seeks.

“I guess I will see in you in class…or perhaps not,” he says as his departing words, offering one last courteous nod to the group. “Elaine, young miss, Hwan.”

There really is no guarantee that he will make it to class today, is there?

And on an unrelated note…’Anna-banana’?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

“We are pressed for time, but we should indeed find a chance to talk about all sorts of things. I do not like repeating myself, so perhaps Elaine Winters should be there too. Maybe you’d like to invite Ramalsaqr as well.”
    “Ramia…?”

A brief look of confusion appeared on Anna’s face, only to vanish as something seemed to click into place in her mind. This was followed deep chuckle, slightly reminiscent of the dusky-skinned mercenary herself.

“…now I get it."

"So that’s why she was so vague about this part…” Anna gave a wry shake of her head, causing the synthetic fibers of the tracksuit to rustle and crackle a bit. “Sure. I’ll grab both of them. You'd probably need someone to keep the peace between those two anyway.”

“Second…She is no mere nosferat. Or perhaps She is, and it is the meaning of ‘nosferat’ itself that needs revision and expansion.”
    “Hah. You shouldn’t really sweat about the terminology here. It’s not like we’re talking about the strigoi or moroi here, or even the Antedilluvians. There is plenty of room for “revision” and “expansion”, since the term itself is mainly hypothetical jargon to begin with.”

“Those morose buggers from the Department of Black need to find one first, before they can actually even talk about classifying anything. Whatever they find, if anything, will end up being the definition of a nosferat.”

“Whether that something be some newborn fledgling or Lilith of the Black Moon herself.” The witch let out a small tired sigh. “Can’t revise something that most people don’t even think exists, you know?”

A good morning to you, Vandemeel.”
    “Hah. That’s supposed to be an opener, not a closer, Mr. Melancholy.”

In reality, Anna was rather surprised that her blue-haired classmate had even responded to her slight dig like that. Though, in all reality, it was most likely a matter of formality and structure for him. She had highlighted it, so it was self-evident that he would reply like this. As he already said, it was an issue of manners, after all.

Behavior centered around regimented expectations, rather than actual intent behind the words.

Well, in the end, it didn’t make much of a difference to her either way.

“Well, in any case, could you me….!”

"Why, I fear for the chastity of all the boys in our class!"
    Tsk…

Anna’s tongue audibly clicked in irritation as a trio of individuals emerged from behind the corner. Hwan Bin, Winters, and the small lass that had been the centerpiece of their escapades yesterday evening. Normally, she wouldn’t mind much, hell she was still interested in the contents of that suitcase, but… damn if the timing wasn’t horrible. It was probably due to Bin’s influence, really. As tactful as a truck through the front door, that one. Though perhaps she wasn’t the one to talk here.

“No need to worry about your precious chastity, Bin. I doubt there’s a girl in a hundred miles who’s going to try and steal that particular treasure. No matter how many ferocious maneaters there are on the prowl.”

“As things are, you're about as safe as if you were locked in a case at the Оружейная Палата.”

“Anyway, let’s have that conversation some other time. Tomorrow should be fine.”
    “Mhm.”

Anna responded to John with a simple nondescript sound of agreement, as she watched the boy head off down the hallway back towards the entrance. There was no need to complicate things any further at this point. If she was completely honest, she would have preferred to get things sorted as soon as possible, today in fact, but tomorrow would have to do for the time being. Rather than mucking about, pulling out vague leads and wasting time, something clearer, more straightforward, like this was far more to her tastes.

And if her gut and what she’d heard yesterday about this nosferat was truly correct… she might end up having a personal stake in this entire mess as well.

For better or for worse.

"But enough about my impending death-by-rumor-mill, we got the first meetin of the Babysitter's Club going down, Anna-Banana, you in?"
    “Everyone and their dog wants a piece of me today, it seems. Got a line of folks outside my door the moment I wake up.“ A wry grin played on her face, accentuated by a small shrug of her shoulders. “A gal can’t even have a calm morning run these days.”

“And I’m not even going to try and dig into this “banana” angle that you’re trying to run here.” The Estonian girl lazily ran a hand through her hair. “Well, I don’t mind taking part in this club meeting of yours, but you’re going to have to either have to wait a bit or tag along as I deal with some stuff before that.”

“Apparently, there’s someone who wants to see me in front of the dorms.” Anna flashed the trio a small grin. “There is a proper queue to these things if you haven't booked an appointment, y’know?”
    Last edited by Mellon; July 20th, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Compared to last time, I actively grabbed a decent amount of food. Mostly fast things to eat, but definitely just a little bit more than just a muffin and a slice of toast. I decided to upgrade to a sandwich. A proper breakfast sandwich with bacon, eggs, and cheese. Then to drink it down, I decided to get some coffee. A day doesn’t feel right if you don’t start it with a cup of joe. Finally after some deliberation, I decided to grab two small slices of chocolate cake.

I was looking forward to just casually eating my meal and then dealing with the weirdness that was related to the book. However, there was something weird compared to last time. I didn’t remember that group last time I walked through here. I would think I would notice the town sheriff and someone next to him with a notepad. Something like that was a little suspicious and should’ve warranted a warning bell from me. Then again, I didn’t start to have my strong suspicions about this town until I got down to the library after grabbing a quick bite to eat...

Quote Originally Posted by Nonlocal Man?
    "Funnily enough, you were there sheriff- and so were you, Johanna. Michael, my dream was a code, waiting to be solved. Break the code, solve the crime - the first clue about this murder we have so far."
    If I missed that last time, I would be deeply disappointed in myself regardless. Murders were never something to just ignore even if the town seemed okay (if a bit suspicious of outsiders). The only time I didn’t react with caution to someone dying was when I caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liana Skye
    "You coming, V?"
    “Yeah. Lead the way Lia.”

There was something about Liana Skye for sure. Most people would’ve scurried away or acted like they didn’t hear it at all. I mean we just showed up to a new town. Hearing about a murder on day three was definitely something you wouldn’t want to hear. Instead, she sat us in a peculiar position if you didn’t have some experience. She sat us far enough away to seem like we’re just minding our own business, but we were close enough to still hear them. I made a pointed choice to keep my back to them since I tended to stick out a bit ever since I got this scar.

Once we sat down, Liana Skye did what I would’ve done. Started doing small talk

"Looks like our job interview went okay; and we got a free breakfast out of it too, so it seems like it'll be a good day. Was surprised to see you here though, thought I was the only one crazy enough to skip breakfast trying to get a job.”
    “I’m surprised we didn’t have to do a longer interview. Kind of sucks that they won’t test you for the kitchen yet. You do seem like the type who could probably handle themselves in a kitchen. Also about skipping breakfast, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done it...”

But I did lightly laugh at us being birds of a feather. I think we might actually be the only two who were actively looking for a part time job already. Everyone seemed to have enough money or were more content to live off of the school’s supplies.

“Your guitar's pretty nice by the way, worked for me really well at the concert! You have it for awhile? Where'd you learn to play?"
    “Good to know that Stratos held up for you. She’s probably a little happy about being played since people need me to play Fen more often.”

I pause a little bit before continuing before speaking rapidly and waving my hands a little bit.

“Sorry I forgot to mention that I call my guitar Stratos and my bass Fen. It must seem a bit silly to name my instruments...” I start awkwardly laughing about it. “As for how long, I’ve been playing… Uh about three-four years? Mostly self-taught and playing by ear. I probably could be better if I actually got sheet music and stuff, but I had more important things to buy at the time...”

More like finding sheet music in a remote Swedish town is next to impossible. I should be thankful, I managed to obtain these in one of my rare trips to a city even if I wasn’t exactly thrilled doing jobs for Lights or finding out my leads were dead ends. Thankfully, Road's End isn't one... Even if finding her is going to be... difficult.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Date: 08.09.1994

John Dove walks away from Anna and the others with an unusually light step. Well behind that group, Ubon’s uproarious laughter reverberates through the walls. If she can laugh like that, then things have come to a positive resolution, right?

No, John Dove knows better by now. This only means Ubon has begun running again. Well, that is not within his power to resolve now.

On another note, first Alexstrasza, now Vandemeel. For ten or so years, John has accumulated vast knowledge that seemed to fulfill no purpose in a hollow world that kneels before the altar of skepticism and rationality. Suddenly, he finds himself exchanging words in the language of the mysterious and irrational, with people who understand that language. It is a novel experience, but it raises the inevitable questions.

Could it be, that the lore of the occult was presented to him precisely for the sake of this endless week?

Well, pondering such outrageous possibilities will only lead to nowhere. When the boundaries of possibility are so far away they cannot be seen, there is no point in trying to make sense of every little thing.

As expected, Elise Marie and Faraday engaged Zane Mitchell in conversation. He approaches and greets them with a lazily waving hand.

“Vandemeel is talking with someone right now, but she’ll come right away.”

Remembering his manners this time, he offers a handshake.

“Good morning, name’s John Dove. You will excuse me for acting on my own initiative, but, with all due respect, standing here in the hopes that the person you are looking for comes out at some point is too unreliable a strategy. I felt I had to do something.”

For all he knew, Vandemeel could be ill this morning and skipping classes. Or she could have showed up at the very last second, in a mad dash straight to the school building.

With that said, he addresses the two young women.

“My apologies for making you wait. We can leave whenever.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Colt breathed a sigh of relief as Tris and Gradient relented at his request. While a deck of cards came from who-knows-where, the boy who rightfully owned the room hastily made his way to the bathroom, scooping up his jacket and pants as he went. There would be no time for a shower, so he splashed water onto his face to try to shock himself into a state of feeling refreshed. Then, he grabbed a toothbrush and began hastily brushing away at his gums and pearly whites.

Too many thoughts raced through his head to keep track of. His first order of business was to sort and prioritize his… priorities.

Food for the girls. Time limit on food, top of the list. Nurse for his hands. How long would the girls be crashing in his room. Where would he take them. Who could he ask for help. Who could he trust. How long until everything comes crashing down.

Food for the girls.

He gargled and rinsed his mouth, then dashed past the girls and out the door with a very rushed “be back soon!”

Like a spring shower he was there and gone, alone in the hallway and unsure of how to proceed. Could he just pile up food for three and bring it back without anyone saying something? Wouldn’t it be easier to… take the girls somewhere? But he only had a bike, he’d need a…

A…

“A car!” Colt dropped the bottom of his fist into his palm. “Elaine, Pyry, and Mercedes… who drives a Mercedes.”

Going through the three car-havers he knew of, Colt marked Mercedes off. On one hand there was the comment about her disliking him less than most, but that was a week that had been undone. That and showing up to ask a girl, a girl like Mercedes West, to help you sneak out with two girls…

Moving on, Elaine. As far as character went, she was the most approachable. Colt didn’t know her well, but if he were to ask and promise to repay the favor, he felt like she’d be willing to help. The only real concern was the potential danger that seemed to be following Gradient, which Colt didn’t want to get anyone else caught up in…

Unless, of course, that anyone else was a giant meat mountain monster man who apparently doesn’t die even if you shoot a chunk of his chest out. A giant meat mountain monster man who has a taste for beer and shares a gentlemanly appreciation for the opposite sex. A giant meat mountain monster man who, even if he might not be the one Colt knew from his last week of life, Colt knew just as well he could trust.

A giant meat mountain monster man who might be considered what one guy would call a bro.

Which is why Colt shot across the hall and one door down, and knocked on Pyry’s door.

Last time he did this there was no response, and not long after, he died.

“Not twice in a row, not twice in a row, not twice in a row…” He whispered that prayer thrice as he knocked on the door, then raised his voice as he spoke to who he hoped was on the other side. “Yo, Pyry, you up?”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

As Ubon finally stopped laughing and Prushka decided to leave, it seemed like we’d finally be able to set things in motion. We’ve been standing around for way too long and I still couldn’t take my shower…

This is why people are awful, aren’t they? Especially Prushka. She should know so much better and yet even now, even yesterday, she’s been just trying to get on my nerves. Hamper my progress and make sure that I don’t get anything done, even though she knows how much there is to be done until we possibly die again.

Still...other things to do, huh.

She must be connected to the supernatural...And she also died last week. But she doesn’t know about it, just like Pyry.

Even if Pyry is more important...I should still try to take care of her, shouldn’t I? Even if she won’t even remember what happened to her...she still doesn’t deserve to die. And John is certainly not going to protect her. Not Prushka either….Who else was even there, then?

Should I try to talk to her about it, just like I did with Pyry?

No...I don’t really know the details, and I doubt she could handle it as well as Pyry.

Though, at least, our common connection to the turnside should be talked about. That would already be a step forward, considering how just half assedly trying to solve things on mundane terms is…

“Sounds good.” I said finally with a nod as I walked into the shower after Ubon.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Anna Vandemeel

"Wow, looks like I've ended up in the company of the two most popular girls in our school. Gotta hand it to you, getting this much attention to yourselves only after two days is pretty amazing," Hwan said with a grin as he gestured towards the corridor, as if asking whether or not they should head out as well. "You got guys basically swarming around yourselves, huh, to the point of there being a queue. Ah... damn, I wish I was that popular with girls."

Chuckling to himself in a rather raunchy way, Hwan put his hands in his pockets and started lazily making his way towards the staircase. Worrisomely enough, it seemed that 17 was getting some influence from the way the boy was acting, because the tiny girl mimicked that slouched way of walking with a concentrated look, before flashing a tiny hint of a smile towards Elaine. Maybe she was just eager to get out... or perhaps she was trying to imply they really should be going, since she was getting hungry.

Still, Hwan turned around for long enough to throw a smirk at the two girls over his shoulder, and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Guess I'm just lacking the kinda raw animal magnetism that the two of you have. Maybe I should put my hair up on ponytail too and start scowling wherever I go", he cackled, that hyena-like laughter echoing in the corridor.

Meanwhile, 17 had stopped also... though for her, it was because she was staring up at Anna.

Almost like something had dawned upon her.

Staring up at the raven-haired girl with curious eyes shining with question.

And, after a moment of strange silence, something came out of her mouth.

Something unexpected.

--- A word.

"......... Ba... banana?"

Oh boy.

Vier Wolff & Liana Skye

While the duo of Liana and Vier settled down on the nearby table and continued their small-talk, the more intense conversation going on in the table with the local law enforcement continued. While the deputy was scribbling down every that fell out of the silver-haired man's mouth, the sheriff himself was leaning closer in some sort of mixture of awe and disbelief. And who could blame him? The other man was talking about dreams almost like they were a something that could be reasonably used in court. Of course it was absurd, but the almost childlike, slightly aloof excitement that the silver-haired man spoke... it was slightly infectious.

And then, there.

Both Vier and Liana caught a glimpse of it.

Something on the table next to the silver-haired man's wallet.

... A badge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

FBI?

Here, in the boonies of Road's End?

But, before they could wonder about it more, the unknown man sighed a bit in relief after tasting his coffee once more, and continued.

"... In my dream, one of the students of Pinefall has a vision of that beached girl's killer. Deputy Cliff, you sketched her picture," the Agent started. "Then, I got a phone call from a faceless woman named Muse. The killer's name was Dot."

This seemed to draw the interest of both locals, as while the deputy had her jaw hanging open, the sheriff narrowed his eyes.

"Dot? As in Dorothy? The doctor whose clinic is downhill?" Michael asked.

However, the Agent simply shook his head.

"No, different Dot. This one was known as just Dot, and she was from West Virginia. They lived in the attic, and they both sang: 'Stars, Fall For Me.'" The Agent continued, using an odd, lyrical lilt for the last words. "This Muse was hunted down by someone and so her essence was dispersed into the forest. Angered, Dot woved to kill again and made a man without a shape to do her work. Do you know where dreams come from, though?"

The last question took both the sheriff and the deputy completely off guard, and they both simply shook their heads in a dumbfounded way.

An infectious, child-like grin spread to the agent's face.

"Acetylcholine neurons fire high, voltage impulses into the forebrain. The impulses become pictures, the pictures become your dream," the agent explained, raising his finger like he was telling a secret. "But no one knows why we choose these particular pictures."

An awkward silence fell over the other table.

Colt Davin

“Yo, Pyry, you up?”
    Surprisingly enough, the answer to the knock and the call was not complete silence. Instead, it was the opposite. There was a loud crash, as if something had fallen to the floor, combined with the sound of something being knocked over and lots of little somethings being thrown all around the room. Add in the noise that resembled a cat whose tail had been pulled, and it certainly made for a confusing response. While hard to completely make out, Colt could reasonably assume that it almost sounded like Pyry had been playing a board game with a cat...? And his intrusion and yell had caused them both to jump up, knocking over the board in process.

What was even going on in that room?

Still, after hearing some distant, foreign cursing, Colt sensed the approaching steps of the large Finn. And about a minute or two after the initial knock, the door creaked open slightly, and Pyry (dressed in just T-shirt and sweatpants) peeked his head out form the crack.

... How suspicious.

It was almost painfully clear he was trying to hide something.

"W-what, who... oh! Hey, uh, Colt! What's up?" Pyry asked, looking a bit confused at the sight... though soon enough the expression changed into a big grin. "What's got you up so early? Need something?"

Well, that was pretty typical of the tall boy. Even if this time he didn't know Colt that well, he seemed immediately ready to help a guy out. Sometimes his willingness to put his neck on the line for others felt a bit unhealthy, but now at least, it would probably come in handy.

Hisa Momoi

"Ahhhhh~! Water~!"

Ubon's joyous cry echoed in the small bathroom as the cyanhead (who had already undressed by the time Hisa arrived) cranked open the shower and let the water fall straight over her. As expected, that joyous cry turned into a momentary shriek as cold water rushed out first, causing Ubon to jump like a scared rabbit. Thankfully the plumbing of Pinefall was in good shape, because soon enough the water turned to hot again... and that was also a good sign that the shower was safe to get into. In that sense, the aqua-haired girl worked like a canary bird in the coal mines. Good when you don't want to risk yourself in the face of gold water.

"Gaaah, that was horrible! This is why showers up north suck, for realsies!" Ubon complained, rubbing her arms to get the blood flowing again after that icy scare. "Back home it wouldn't be as bad, since it'd be hot all day anyways! In fact, cold water would be totes uh-mazing! Water should be bright and blue and clear! Now... well, whateve the water 'round here is. Get what I'm saying, Hizzie?"

Turning around, Ubon struck a pose with hands on her hips and grinning widely. At the same time, the water from the shower kept falling on her, making her hair stick to her face like a gigantic mop, obscuring the athlete's vision.

"A-ny-ways, gotcha any plans for today, Hizzie?" Ubon asked, before a smug, knowing smirk appeared on her face. "Maybe hang out with a certain blonde guy~? Take a stroll into the town to see the sights~?"

While she clearly wanted to tease the scarred girl, there wasn't exactly room in the bathroom to properly nudge Hisa with her elbow. Thus, Ubon was relegated to just wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, while grinning like a dork.

And, well, even that didn't last long. Thanks to accidentally bumping her head into the showerhead, Ubon managed to get a face full of hot water... while her mouth was still open.

"BRGLGRLGRLGRLGRLRLGLGRL!"

... This was going to turn out to be quite the shower, huh?
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; July 21st, 2020 at 11:17 AM.

Hisa Momoi

“I-I never really gave it too much thought, to be honest,” I mused as I started washing my hair, “You can just not stand under the shower until the water is pleasantly warm or cold, I think.”

Wouldn’t that be the obvious way of doing it? It’s the easiest, and pretty much fail-safe method to avoid surprises like that.

“Though, I don’t even really like showers that much. There was a hot spring right next to where I lived, and I got too used to taking baths.”

How much I miss it now…

A bath in there would certainly help to wash both the mental and physical exhaustion away easily.

Will I ever be able to return there, even…Even if I had the opportunity, how would I find it again?

“There’s hardly anything better than that. Of course, it was out in the nature in a forest, which just made the experience even better.”

After washing the shampoo out of my hair, I properly turned to Ubon. Who was completely naked now, just like me. We were in the shower, after all, of course she’d be naked as well. Still…

I focused on keeping the conversation going instead, as it seemed that Ubon had more questions.

“I...don’t really have any exact plans yet,” I explained, “Hanging out with Pyry would be nice, but...if you’re free, you could come along too?”

Of course, that would mean that Ubon would be together with Pyry. Thinking back about last week, they certainly seemed kind of awkward together, and I figured that there must have been something between them, but…

Reliving this week gave a bit more light to this as well, and with the newfound experience I had a better guess to what was going on here…

“I mean, you like Pyry, don’t you?”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Ugh..."

Talk about awkward. And mentally scarring. At this rate the morning is going to turn out worse than last night. Seems like absolutely everything's going wrong lately. Or maybe it's been wrong ever since that day.

Well, it's not like I can just sit here, listening to the infuriating sound of giggling and running water, and mope about how awful things are. While those two are having fun...

I can at least see how a certain someone is doing.

After leaving a note on Hisa's desk, I walk a bit down the hall and knock on another door, hoping I've caught her before she's left.

"Please don't also be grabbing someone's butt, Vivi..."

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi
    [BGM]

“Though, I don’t even really like showers that much. There was a hot spring right next to where I lived, and I got too used to taking baths. There’s hardly anything better than that. Of course, it was out in the nature in a forest, which just made the experience even better.”
    Ubon nodded fervently, splashing water everywhere.

"Ooohh~! I totes know what you mean!" Ubon answered, clasping her hands together. "My home had this volcanic hotspring too, thanks to the mountain... man, that was the beeeest~! Nothing like soaking yourself after a long hard day, right? Heck, sometimes I spent half the day in the ocean, half in the hotspring, waha! Hah... I sorta miss it, y'know? T-though, this place is pretty nice too, don't get me wrong!"

With that, Ubon started applying shampoo into her hair, rubbing so hard that the suds were creating a veritable Victorian-era wig on top of her head. Even here, in a simple shower, it became all too clear that water really was the girl's element. Her lithe, agile body was just made to glide underneath the water, and judging how it was a combination of toned muscle and lean form, it was both the result of plenty of training and the right genetics. Of course, one could have said that such life had left her without some... assets that came to girls that age normally, but at the same time, that would have been disrespectful of her. The girl underneath the shower with Hisa was beautiful in her own way, though it wasn't the most common style.

And it was not as if Ubon really seemed to care.

She was just happy being Ubon.

“I...don’t really have any exact plans yet. Hanging out with Pyry would be nice, but...if you’re free, you could come along too?”
    Ubon blinked, only to get blinded by the foam.

"F-fuweh? Hang out with you guys?" She asked, sounding surprised. "B-but, uhh... wouldn't that make me sorta the third wheel? You guys seemed to have so much fun yesterday, too..."

She was clearly getting flustered a bit.

And that was why, she was completely unprepared for the finishing strike.

“I mean, you like Pyry, don’t you?”
    "BWAH!"

There was an odd sound as Ubon, caught unawares, wanted to let out a surprised yelp... only to swallow some of the suds she had been creating. Now the girl hacked and coughed for a moment, blowing bubbles everywhere and filling the whole bathroom with their spherical dance, along with the foam that was getting everywhere. When she was finally able to recover even a little bit, Ubon had pressed herself into the corner. She used her hand to wipe some of the suds from her face, revealing that she was completely beet-red, blushing so furiously she might as well have exploded.

"I-I-I, u-uh... err... n-no! I-I mean, I'm not... I... uuuuu..." The cyanhead stammered, trying to search for the right words. "T-that was just...! I wouldn't, for realsies, not since you...! I-I mean, I'm totes not so horrible I'd do anything now that...! B-B-But, I mean, that is...!"

A simple question like that had apparently broken her mind for a moment.

An awkward silence fell into the bathroom, until Ubon finally sighed heavily and sunk to the floor, hugging her knees.

"........................ M-maybe a little bit... when we arrived... I mean, he is hot, and pretty nice, and..." Ubon murmured, before shaking her head. "T-though... it's not... not exactly just that either, I mean..."

She shot a tiny glance from under her brows at Hisa.

"... I just... want people to like me..."

Well, that might have explained few things.

A desire to be liked by the people around her.

And perhaps the easiest "target" to start with was, well... the kind of guy who'd get along with everybody.

Hisa Momoi

“H-hey now…”

Seeing how fast her mood changed from cheerful to embarrassed and sad, I couldn’t help but feel a bit bad for mentioning this topic. Still...talking about it always helps more than keeping it in, doesn’t it?

“I already mentioned this, didn’t I,” I said as I crouched down next to the girl, “There are people who like you, but trying too desperately and being forceful doesn’t help.”

That was, in the first place, what made me dislike her so much initially too. What made me not even want to approach her, and yet...who would have thought that I’d be here now, with a completely different opinion about her?

“Even without that, people will like you for who you are, because you’re a nice girl. I like you too, and I’ll be here for you to rely on and make you not feel lonely. Until you get so many friends that you can’t even count them anymore, and you won’t need me either.”

I couldn’t tell if I was helping.

As many times before, it was a broken and insecure person giving advice about friends and relationships to another. Kind of sad, in a way. But at the same time, I was helping myself just the same way too, and I realized that I needed her as well.

“And about the other kind of “like”, w-well...I...think I like him as well. But at the same time I don’t want it to be a competition, and I certainly don’t want it to make you hate me or make you feel miserable.”

Noting how the atmosphere was turning somewhat awkward again, I quickly continued with a slight grin.

“Still, whatever happens with Pyry, I don’t think you have to worry about that, you know. I’m repeating myself now, but you are good company and you have a nice body to go with that...and I’m not even saying that just to make you feel better.”

Of course, she might not have big boobs or butt that boys seem to be mostly interested in, but even as Pyry said, it’s not just all about that.

“I-I mean, my opinion might not matter that much since I’m a girl and not a big hunk of a guy,” I said while blushing slightly,”but if I was any guy, I certainly couldn’t get enough of that booty, and then I didn’t even get started with the rest…”

Really, who wouldn’t want to fondle that butt?

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Prushka's prayer was somewhat answered, a short moment after she had knocked at the door, announcing her arrival. Familiar blue eyes filled with an eerie calm greeted the short girl as the occupant of the room came to see who was it that was visiting her at such an early hour.

"Oh... hello... Prushie..."

Of course there was no smile, nor a semblance of anything really on her face... but that was something people got used to eventually, wherever they liked it or not. Was she happy to see the little one, or was she annoyed that someone had broken her morning calm? Perhaps that she was the kind of person that valued the privacy and comfort one can enjoy in their own room during the morning... a haven, the final bastion against the chaos of the world outside. Yet, Vivienne Bianchi was devoid of emotions, was she not? So perhaps that she was simply indifferent to all of this.

If she wanted to, Prushka could imagine a smile on Vivienne's visage as she walked into the room, invited by Vivienne who went to get seated by her desk. The quiet girl's room was like most of the others in the dormitories, furnished with old wooden furniture, giving a somewhat pleasant antique feel to the place. What may have differed from the other rooms however, was that Vivienne's was filled with books, all kinds of them. Stories about myths and fairy tales, magazines about the latest bloc-busters, books on fashion and cooking. In the mix, there were also books with covers that suggested a certain interest in gymnastics, acrobatics and circus subjects. In essence, Vivienne Bianchi's room was a library of sorts in itself.

Vivienne went to get seated, inviting Prushka with a motion of her hand to do the same. It appears that she was reading some magazine of sorts about... movies? There were lots of columns and big words like 'disappointing', 'amazing', 'thrilling', so perhaps it was a bunch of reviews from critics? What may have interested Prushka the most however, were the two pictures that were framed and put on Vivienne's table...

"Did you have... bad night? You don't seem... very happy..."

Though one cannot feel emotions, one can still observe them as they dance across the visage, voices and movements of others... and as Prushka may have already known, Vivienne Bianchi was a very observant girl.

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi
    [BGM]

“I already mentioned this, didn’t I. There are people who like you, but trying too desperately and being forceful doesn’t help. Even without that, people will like you for who you are, because you’re a nice girl. I like you too, and I’ll be here for you to rely on and make you not feel lonely. Until you get so many friends that you can’t even count them anymore, and you won’t need me either.”
    Ubon sniffled a little bit, but finally, a beaming smile peeked through her face as she wiped her nose.

"O-oh... man, Hizzie. I-I never pegged you the supportive time, yet you're totes cheering me up again, twice in a row... I gots to say, you're totally nice and kind under all that grump you're throwing around! S-so, if I'm trying too hard to be likeable, then you're trying too hard to appear grumpy! For realsies!" Ubon giggled, scratching the back of her head. "B-but yeah... I like the sound of having so many friends. Though, I totes would be able to count them! Even if I gets lots of friends, I wanna remember all of them so I can cheer them up properly!"

Her finger suddenly pointed towards Hisa, and the smile on her face had transformed into a confident grin.

"And that includes you, Grumpypants! Just 'cause I get more friends doesn't mean I don't need you!" the cyanhead announced. "I need all my friends, especially those who look out for me this much!"

Apparently having been cheered back up again, Ubon rose to her feet. She glanced around the foam-filled bathroom, a sheepish look passing her eyes as she realized what sort of mess she had already made.

“And about the other kind of “like”, w-well...I...think I like him as well. But at the same time I don’t want it to be a competition, and I certainly don’t want it to make you hate me or make you feel miserable.”
    With the shoe being on the other foot, that smug expression returned, and Ubon finally got a chance to nudge Hisa with a knowing elbow.

"Oohhhh~? You don't say~!" She teased cheerfully. "That explains why you looked so happy yesterday~!"

As it turned out, Ubon was surprisingly perceptive.

Especially since, right afterwards, her expression softened.

"And, well, um... don't worry, Hizzie. I don't want my happiness to come at the expense of someone else... for realsies", she continued. "And you two certainly looked all happy together, especially since... I dunno, it looks to be more to you than my passing fancy, y'know? Almost like you've known him for a long time already..."

Yes.

Suprisingly perceptive about weird small things.

Perhaps Ubon being so free with her emotions made her sense others' emotions better as well.

"But! Since I'm the one stepping aside here, I wanna have you be my wing-girl later! I needs to find myself a hunk, after all!" Ubon then proclaimed, jumping back to her usual gusto while giggling. "Though... hmm, the other hunks are kinda scary... I dunno, what do you think about Johnnie? He's sorta emo and in his own world all the time, but he might be one choice?"

From the looks of it, now that her mood was lifted Ubon was already making plans for the future. It was like an airheaded phoenix rising anew from the bubbles.

“Still, whatever happens with Pyry, I don’t think you have to worry about that, you know. I’m repeating myself now, but you are good company and you have a nice body to go with that...and I’m not even saying that just to make you feel better. I-I mean, my opinion might not matter that much since I’m a girl and not a big hunk of a guy, but if I was any guy, I certainly couldn’t get enough of that booty, and then I didn’t even get started with the rest…
    "Hmm, ya think?"

Ubon, apparently so naive that she hadn't even noticed Hisa's blushing, looked over her shoulder and patted her own buttocks with her hand - almost like a car mechanic kicking the tires, trying to put some value to what she was seeing.

"I mean... it's an athlete's butt so it's kinda hard, but if you say it's nice, who am I to argue? It's hard to gauge one's own butt, after all!" Ubon commented, turning slowly around as she was trying to get a better look at her behind. "Hmm... maybe I should try something more form-fitting instead of baggy pants to bring it out? Never really thought about this..."

Deep were the ways of the butt.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Vivi..."

There's something soothing about Vivienne Bianchi's room. Even though by all rights there shouldn't be; it's just a dorm room after all. But in only a day she has made it hers. The books, neatly put in order, give it the comforting feeling of a library, and she herself looks like a librarian lazily reading the morning away. Like someone who might even be called 'content'. A familiar person in a familiar place where you can relax and recuperate and plan for the future...

And yet, Vivi herself is the strangest part of the room.

Maybe that's why my heart slows down the moment I step inside. Why some of the tension in my neck is finally released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    "Did you have... bad night? You don't seem... very happy..."
    And that's why, in response to her observation, I can answer with an obviously forced smile and a thumbs up.

"It was absolutely dreadful. The test of courage was a horrible idea right from the start. But it could've ended up way worse; at least nobody died. The bad mood should go away on its own eventually."

I sink into a chair across from Vivi, sigh, and force back the urge to say more, to say everything, to eat up the morning with complaint upon complaint. It'll do no good; Vivi's a person with her own issues, not a big sister to run to when you feel terrible.

"How did your night go?" As usual, it's hard to tell just from looking at Vivi's face. "Anything cool happen at the bonfire? Or was it another miss?"

My eyes scan the room as I talk, taking in all the character Vivi put into it. Perhaps because she isn't very emotive normally, she's using the environment to express herself. It certainly has a strong character to it. The magazines, the books, the pictures...

One picture in particular catches my eye: A woman holding a small child. They have very similar eyes.

"Um, Vivi..." I point to it. "Is that your...?"

Hisa Momoi

“I-I’m not really a fashionista and only really know things in theory, but…”

I paused for a moment, observing the girl as she was still patting her own butt, which just made me want to join in as well, though…

“Something that emphasizes your legs more, and with something a bit more reserved on top...would certainly a bit more fitting. If that’s a style you’d like, at least.”

I scratched my cheek as I looked down onto the bathroom floor, then back to Ubon.

“I have some stuff that you could try, though they might not be a perfect fit. We could also go shopping, though I’m not even sure if there are any stores like that around here…”

Made me realize how little I knew about the town. Haven’t even visited any of the shops yet, or pretty much anything at all…

“W-well, anyways, about the boys, well…” I moved on with the topics as I scratched my cheek again, “Honestly, why some of them might look strong, I’m not sure about the personalities. Especially John, he seems to be quite dead emotionally. Such a cute girl might just be a waste on them.”

Indeed, even after giving it a proper thought, I couldn’t think of a single boy in the class who would have been a good fit for Ubon. It was certainly a weird bunch, but if I still had to pick one, it likely would have been Colt. At the very least he seems pretty normal, and kinda like a nice guy, even if he seemed to attract some unfortunate events.

“Still, wouldn’t it make more sense to just wait and see if you develop interest in anyone? And then once there is someone you know good enough to tell that they’d be a good match for you, that’s when you should make a move...I think?”

If there was something even more ironic than a broken and insecure girl giving advice about friends, then that would be the same girl giving advice about boys and love.

“Well, not that I know too much about love…”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Seeing that friendly, eager to lend a hand smile lifted a heart full of doubt. He had lit the beacon, and Pyry answered.

"Ah, well, y'see it's... Uh, this is gonna come outta nowhere, but," Colt glanced to his left and right, looking down the hall in each direction. "I sorta need a hand. It's a big favor but it's also a small favor..."

How to even word it? There are two pretty girls in my room and I need to feed them! Give me a lift! He scratched the back of his head.

"I guess I'll come out with it... Some girls stayed overnight in my room." Saying it like that almost sounded like bragging. Oh how he wished he could brag about this. "Uhh, they don't really have a place to go, and I want to treat them to breakfast, but I'm sure you can see how bad of an idea it'd be to casually take them to the cafeteria."

He exhaled as he got to the meat of it.

"You've probably seen my ride parked out back. I can't really take the both of them at the same time..." Colt's voice trailed off. Asking for a lift in this situation probably made him look lame, a fact he was well aware of. "I'll cover your gas. I'll even top you off. And if you wanna eat with us, I'll pay. It'd be the least I can do."

For a second more Colt thought about it all. Some of the others remembered. Lucille, Gradient, possibly Elaine and Prushka. Pyry and Hisa were pretty close last time around, and this time they seemed to be hitting it off awfully well, judging by how they were practically glued together at the beach.

Could there be a chance?

"And consider your next booze run on me, too. Pabst Blue, right?"

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi
    [BGM]

“I-I’m not really a fashionista and only really know things in theory, but… Something that emphasizes your legs more, and with something a bit more reserved on top...would certainly a bit more fitting. If that’s a style you’d like, at least. I have some stuff that you could try, though they might not be a perfect fit. We could also go shopping, though I’m not even sure if there are any stores like that around here…”
    Ubon, listening intently, turned her attention on her thighs and patted them as if to test them out.

"Hmm... legsies, huh?" She muttered, before beaming another smile and nodding at Hisa. "Mhm, sure! I'd love to try out something new! And a shopping trip sounds like a blast, for realsies! Heck, we could even take a weekend trip to Seattle or whatever! Gather up other girls too, though... aheh, guess they'd have to be the kind you have patience for, huh?"

Ubon stuck her tongue out playfully and giggled.

"I mean, you and Prushie are at each other's throats constantly, so that might but a damper on things, right?" She laughed. "Which is funny since you two are... ah, never mind. You'd just get cross with me if I teased you more, right?"

The cyanhead winked at her friend and proceeded to use the shower to wash the crown of foam from atop her head, revealing the aqua-blue, vibrant hair from underneath.

“W-well, anyways, about the boys, well… Honestly, why some of them might look strong, I’m not sure about the personalities. Especially John, he seems to be quite dead emotionally. Such a cute girl might just be a waste on them.”
    Ubon raised an eyebrow under the shower while gargling water.

"Blrglgrlgrlgrl! Really?" She asked, spitting out a spout of water as she finally finished with her head. "I-I dunno 'bout that, I bet they're all perfectly nice guys once you get to know them! I mean, everybody puts on a front or another, right? Just gotta dig a bit deeper, and you never might know what sorta pile of gold you'll find underneath!"

She put her hands on her hips and nodded in a determined way, as if satisfied with what she had just said.

"B-besides, I'm not a waste on anybody! I mean, I'm just me!" Ubon then added, a momentary look of sheepishness flashing on her face. "I'm not that special..."

“Still, wouldn’t it make more sense to just wait and see if you develop interest in anyone? And then once there is someone you know good enough to tell that they’d be a good match for you, that’s when you should make a move...I think? Well, not that I know too much about love…”
    Hearing that, the cyanhaired girl blinked in surprise, before another giggle escaped her lips after a moment of silence.

"Reeeaally~? 'Cause honestly, Hizzie, that sounds pretty good advice when it comes to lovey-dovey stuff!" Ubon commented. "Getting to know people first and see what you're feeling, rather than just jumping at the first hot guy I see... yeah, that's almost adult-like advice! I'd say you know lot!"

A honest opinion from a girl who couldn't hide her impressed reaction.

Colt Davin

"I guess I'll come out with it... Some girls stayed overnight in my room. Uhh, they don't really have a place to go, and I want to treat them to breakfast, but I'm sure you can see how bad of an idea it'd be to casually take them to the cafeteria."
    A wide grin spread to Pyry's face, and for a moment, he was akin to that cat in that animated Disney movie about falling into rabbit holes.

"Wait, really? Not just one girl, but two? Daaaaamn, bro... and they're from the town, too? You've been busy!" Pyry cackled, opening the door enough so he could pat Colt on the shoulder in congratulatory way - with enough force to make his bones rattle. "Hell, we've been here for what, two days? Guess that's why you disappeared so early yesterday after the party, though..."

A sudden realization dawned upon Pyry's face, and for a moment, frown took over as the main expression.

"... Uh, did you ditch Sakura to go party with some locals? That's not cool, bro - not cool at all," he admonished the boy in front of him. "The two of you were out on a date or something like that last night, right? It's not manly to just ditch your date 'cause someone else comes along. A real man sees stuff like that through. And... yeah, I guess that's why you're worried about taking them to cafeteria, no?"

He narrowed his eyes a bit.

"... You'd rather avoid Sakura seeing them, is that it?"

There was a clear sense of blame in his voice. On one hand, his tone made Pyry seem to demand that Colt came clean, and on the other he almost looked like he wanted to drag him over to Sakura's room to apologize to the girl.

Still... he was willing to listen to the end.

"You've probably seen my ride parked out back. I can't really take the both of them at the same time... I'll cover your gas. I'll even top you off. And if you wanna eat with us, I'll pay. It'd be the least I can do.And consider your next booze run on me, too. Pabst Blue, right?"
    Pyry blinked in surprise, almost like he had been taken off-guard.

"Err... huh? I ever tell you about what beer I like?" he asked, before snorting and driving those doubts away with a shake of his head. "Eh, I might've. But, hmm... well, more than buying me beer or topping up the car, I'd rather you apologized to Sakura and clear up this mess. Then again, it's hard to do if the lot run into each other, so maybe it's better if we defuse the situation first and then look at how to fix it..."

Pyry grumbled a bit, leaning against the doorway and rubbing his chin.

"Ahh, hell, let's see... I can't really leave this morning on my own, but... eh, I gotta help a bro in need, as long as you promise to fix your mess afterwards," he finally said, eyes once upon Colt while his other hand grabbed a pair of car keys from the table and dangled them in front of Colt. "So, I can lend you the keys to the Buick, but on two conditions. First, you don't try to keep it down low and stealthy, but clear up the mess that's about to happen, and two..."

His face melted back into the grin.

"... You tell me how the hell you managed to invite two girls back to your room."