Page 137 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3787127132135136137138139142147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994
    Weather: Clear Skies

His “honesty” is rewarded with a splash to the face, of course. John Dove cannot connect with the colorless people, after all.

Prushka is absolutely right. He is an impertinent, impenitent liar, which makes him the worst kind of person. She “figured him out” to an almost worrisome degree. Considering he is surrounded by the Turnside, should he suspect she can see into his thoughts in some way? Even he can feel a little angry if somebody sees more than they should, you know.

She makes, however, a single mistake. There is nothing to be angry about, no reason for rage or accusing fingers. What happened that night was an accident, plain and simple. The Shadow of the Moon is a monster amongst monsters, but what She did to him back then was not driven by a desire to do wrong to him. It simply happened. He is not defending her; it is objective fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    “So, to the little dancing spark of 'want' behind that doofy looking face... don't get cocky. 'Cus I see you. And one of these days, I'll drag you out past those lies you've hidden in and force you to apologize for real.”
    It is unimaginable. The idea that he could possibly ever become a person like Prushka, or Subaru Iburi, or anybody else.

'Cus I see you.

He…should wish to be able to ‘see’ as well, shouldn’t he? But he doesn’t.

It is a strange dissociation, to know for a fact that something is wrong yet bear the profound feeling that everything is just right.

“We have a deal, then. If I can become a person who can apologize to your satisfaction, I will find you and properly do so. To Miss Iburi as well—uh, um, Miss Iburi?”

Miss Iburi, as ‘they’ say, has left the building.

“Um, by any chance, am I at fault for this?” John asks, sincerely baffled by the sight of a limp, quivering, unusually-flushed-for-the-weather Subari Iburi—normally, it takes significant effort for his colorless vision to perceive the flushing of another’s skin, which says a lot about Miss Iburi’s current state. “Miss Prushka, perhaps we should take her to shore—”

It emerges suddenly and silently among them. Without cue, without purpose, a without an iota of hostility that could have triggered John’s taut instincts. It takes conscious effort for John Dove not to leap backwards like a surprised cat.

This is a good time to remember that John Dove has no concept of personal space, save for the awareness that the colorless humans have such a thing and that he is supposed to respect it. It still confuses him at times, which is why he prefers to avoid all physical contact except in circumstances in which it is strictly necessary, like contact sports or sexual intercourse. It is also another of the reasons John finds Ubon so…Ubon. In any case, Souma Nubatama’s closeness does not bother him in the slightest. He would like to know why he is there in the first place, though.

“Nubatama,” he greets in the most John Dove voice John Dove has ever John Dove’d with. “It is good to see you found some time away from the grill. Thank you for your contribution to the party.”

He quickly tilts his body to looking behind Souma. The sight of the two smaller girls getting a faceful of buttocks triggers a strange twitch in the corner of his right eye. It is the John Dove equivalent to screaming “this is so fucking wrong!” at the top of one’s lungs.

“Um, you might want to step aside a little, though,” he continues, vaguely gesturing at the two girls behind him. He then shrugs, offering the one-eyed mystery a “what can you do” look on his face.

“Personal space, and all that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    “Heeeeeeey! You guys need help over there?”
    It almost makes John want to roll his eyes. That loud woman is enjoying herself way too much.

“Wouldn’t dream of getting in the way of your fun, ‘sister dear’!” he hollers back, looking awfully smug as he does so.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; May 16th, 2020 at 12:09 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “We have a deal, then. If I can become a person who can apologize to your satisfaction, I will find you and properly do so. To Miss Iburi as well—uh, um, Miss Iburi?”
    "Eh?"

The moment falls apart once more. Just as soon as it feels like I'm about to dig past the empty words of the weirdo in front of me, I'm reminded that we don't exist in a vacuum.

Right. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "Hauuuu...."
    "Subaru!? Hey, c'mon, stay with me!"

It's no use. Subaru is beet red, dizzy and reeling from the shock of having been exposed to such a corny line. Of course someone as proper as her, who gets flustered easily over the mention of an omiai, would react like this! There's no way she'd be able to take such a confession head-on! Even I'd be reeling if I were the target!

It's all I can do to hold Subaru close and above water as the situation worsens. With her pressed closely I can hear her panicked breathing and feel her heart thudding in her chest at a mile a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by John "Dumbass" Dove
    “Um, by any chance, am I at fault for this?”
    "You think!? So much for pretending; whoever your real self is, he clearly likes saying dodgy things to little girls-!"

I'm interrupted. By the water erupting upwards between us. Again.

Why? Why does this keep happening today? Is the world determined not to let me finish my sentences? Have I earned the ire of some pseudo-karmic deified creation of the collective consciousness? Or perhaps a snarl in the global extra-morphogenetic field has elected to ensure I never reach the point of any lesson? Maybe I'm still dead and this is just some purgatory full of more and more problems without any solutions. It would certainly explain this streak of rotten luck.

Nothing, however, can explain the strange protrusion that appears before me, rising out of the water like a resurfacing lost city. Except, unlike Atlantis, this object resembles no architecture known to man.

"..."

A flowing wall of pink and tan stone, worn down over time to a level of smoothness and fine detail that would compare favorably to one of Michelangelo's works. It glistens and glows in the sunlight, a single flowing piece. Beads of water run down, down, down, sparkling all the way, falling off or dipping into a dark crack in the stonework, never to be seen again.

What could it be? How did it get here? What summoned forth this rippling, knotted sculpture that looks almost alive in its splendor? As I behold it, as my eyes stare at those pale globes, the meaningless questions fall away, leaving only a deep appreciation for the beauty before me. I was never one for the finer things in life, and yet, here and now, something is welling up within... I want to know. Who created this? What lies in this work of art, summoned forth from the ocean floor?

Without thought, on pure instinct, my free hand rises from the water, reaches forth, and...

Poke.

Ah.

Aaaah.

Aaaaaaaaah.

A shudder runs through my body. A shaking that awakens within me a feeling I don't recognize.

The beast within opens its mouth for the first time, roaring "[.......]" at the heart of the world.

This is...

"...amazing... like polished marble..."

Subaru, I understand now.

The heat wells up as I tilt my neck towards the sky, following the curve of that perfect back all the way up the long, graceful neck, that elegant chin, that mischievous smile, and that bottomless eye, gazing back down at me in amusement as if it were Odin himself here before me, holding the answers to all the mysteries of the universe in the crack of his... his tight, rock-hard...

It cracks. Something in my mind shatters into bits, taking half of my vocabulary and most of my higher thought processes with it.

As such, all I can do is...

"N-not bad."

Offer a compliment to the heavens, lay Subaru across her tube in a last act of sanity, and then...

Sink down, down, down into the water, giggling like a madwoman the whole way.

Elise Pelltier
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)

Quote Originally Posted by Souma Nubata
    "...... Indeed. I am Souma. And you are Elise... It is nice to make your.... acquaintance..."
    Wait. What. There's something there and I don't like the implications of there being something more there-

Regardless of what it was, there was no time to dwell on it, as they still needed to check in on the others who'd been in the nautical melee. Souma ran ahead, effortlessly silent. Just watching him, and not hearing a single noise, made Elise suddenly all too aware of just how noise her own footsteps made in the shallow waters. He soon dove under the waves and seemingly vanished from sight. Elise wasn't sure if she should be disappointed, relieved, or panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Seeklêun
    "Err, Essie... what are... what are those three doing now? And why is Prushie holding Subbie like... omigosh... omigooooosh... that is totes the cutest thing I've ever seen~!"
    "That's-that's a good question," said Elise as she observed the scene ahead of them and struggled to make sense of it.

Ubon's assessment proved accurate, as Subaru held up above the waves by Prushka was a cute sight, although Subaru was in the process of turning ever brighter shades of red at an increasingly alarming rate. Elise didn't want to jump to conclusions, but based on all the evidence presented to her, it seemed likely that this was somehow John's fault. Then Souma rose from the sea, silently and without warning, positioning himself between Subaru and Prushka, and John Dove.

Elise drew closer to the scene as a familiar voice yelled across the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    "Heeeeeeey! You guys need help over there?"
    "Sakura!" cheered Elise, happy to see her alive and well and not bleeding out alone somewhere, waved back at her, "You're more than welcome to lend a hand, but I think we've got it covered!"

Elise surveyed the scene before her. Subaru was seemingly comotose, but she was at least back up on the inflatable tube she'd been assigned. Meanwhile, Prushka having used her last ounce of sanity to deposit Subaru back on the inflatable tube, was giggling madly and swiftly sinking beneath the waves.

She blinked.

Do we?

"We should probably get Subaru back to shore, and maybe under some shade until she recovers," said Elise as she swam around to secure Subaru's inflatable tube.

She gazed down as Prushka sank deeper into the abyssal depths of the sea.

“And maybe someone should pull Prushka up just in case?” suggested Elise.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Before Lucille can really say anything, Vier unceremoniously creates distance between her and Caleb, which, probably, was for the better. It was rude, though, and she definitely would have moved if she had enough time to get her bearings…

Lucille blinks, but as soon as she opens her mouth to say something, anything—

"Like, the hell do you think you're doing to my main girl, punk?"
    Lord, have mercy on Vier’s soul.

She offers this prayer because she is unsure that she can successfully abate Mercedes’ anger. If Lucille had learned anything from that “week,” it was that it was very difficult to dissuade Mercedes from doing anything. And while normally Lucille was somewhat accepting of the fact Mercedes could easily get her way, this was not the situation where that was in any way ideal. At the very least, Lucille did not avenge Vier to let her die right now.

“It’s fine, Mercedes, I set myself up for that one in the first place,” Lucille says, though she knows this is not enough for the other girl. While Lucille was fine with conceding painlessly, her pride nonexistent, Mercedes would defend that nonexistent pride. It was definitely admirable… if it didn’t lead to situations like this.

“But it was rather rude of you to suddenly do that to me, Vier, so I’d like an apology.” This is her compromise. Mercedes wants some sort of compensation for the slight, and while a mere apology is slight, it is still something nonetheless. Lucille glares at Vier with the intent of conveying “apologize to me right now if you value your life.” It probably looks like an ordinary glare.

As soon as Mercedes’ gaze leaves her, she gives both Caleb and Aleen an apologetic smile. It’s pretty much her fault Mercedes is here to cause a scene, after all.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "E-errm... Ghosts, Zaza? What do you mean by that? I mean, I do not mind if you want to do something else than play beachvolley, but being ghosts just sounds... well, a bit silly, wahahaa~!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Tarot
    "Indeed - ghosts at a sunny beach sounds a bit of a hard concept to work with. Though if we threw a white sheet over Mademoiselle Bianchi here, I think she would make an excellent ghost."
    At times, I pity those around me. For their lack of vision, their lack of idea, their simple... well, lack. It's sad, to not have the kind of brilliant insight into the human mind that I possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "Hmm, but we do not have white sheets... Oh! What if we use one of these white-and-red picnic blankets?"
    "Rejoice, my friends," I said with a smile as I spread my bright white arms. "For your wish has been granted. Do I not appear ghost-like, with this white texture covering my skin? Does not my body seem almost translucent, in the shadow of the night? With this... 'sunscreen', even mere mortals such as us can make believe that we are creatures from beyond the grave!"

I close my eyes and nod, allowing others for a moment to bask in my genius.

"A ghastly noise, just out of sight! A hand, almost eerily white, reaching out at someone's back only to vanish into the darkness! This is what it means to be a ghost! And with that sort of power, we can truly turn this into a... fright to remember!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

A blink.

“70’s...I mean…”

Another blink.

“Most of us were born in the 70’s. First half, even, so...nothing to worry about, I suppose. That’s barely even a few years.”

Not for now, at least.

Aging slower, being immortal…

It must be quite a sad thing, isn’t it?

You meet people, warm up to them, become friends, lovers, family...Only to see them slowly grow up while you stay the same. They change, grow old, become ill, and die...All the while you never change. You’re left there alone, empty, with only their fading memories filling the void within you…

Who would want such a fate?

Everyone is meant to die sooner or later, and if you’re the single outlier, then it’s more of a curse than it is a blessing.

Well…

Not that I wouldn't want to live longer. Longer than this sunday, at least.

“Still...on purpose, huh…”

Somewhat distracted with my thoughts, I started putting the burgers together. Lettuce, onion, pickles, bacon, just a bit of extra sauce...Does it even need anything else?

I rarely ever made something like this for actual people, so not sure what they preferred.

“I’m not sure. I want to say no, but...you know, after all this I’m not even sure if I knew her that well. Who knows if she was actually just scheming something like this behind my back as well.”

With a dismissive shrug, I finished that line of thought.

Probably not the happiest thing to talk about in a situation like this.

“Might just be a coincidence as well. For what I know, she probably became the way she is now just the start of this year. It’s...a long story, but...she sacrificed herself, kind of. Then disappeared. I thought she was dead, but...you know, now I’m starting to think that death would have been a much happier fate for her.”

Well, that turned out to be a lot more cheerful.

With some finishing touches, I finished plating the food. Guess it turned out to be different, and not quite as portable as what Souma’s been making...but luckily, there were plates available, so wasn’t much of an issue.

“We’ll have to find her. Even if she told us to just mind our own business, and not be so arrogant...I want to be there for her.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Once again Colt found himself being used as a human armrest. It was strange just how quickly he felt used to it, and even more strange how naturally Sakura fell into the habit. Today he had learned not just about her, but the boy had discovered something about himself as well. Whether she knew it or not, whether she would admit it or not, Sakura Tsukioka is the cuddly type.

That was his theory, and…

Based on how comfortable he found it, Colt had no choice but to accept reality. He, as surprising as it might be, could also be classified as the cuddling sort.

"You know... if you can arrange me this sort of treat again, I'm sold. I haven't felt this cheerful and carefree in a while. Just the atmosphere here... it's just what I need. So yeah, we're even, but if you can manage to recreate this even later, then... hmm... I'll move that second date to November already."

Being hit by that smirk, he found himself pulled back to reality. He had only gotten lost in his thoughts for a little while, but he could feel it. Yes, absolutely, in the needlessly cold waters, there was a warmth spreading onto his cheeks.

“November huh? I’m really moving up in the world!” With a nervous chuckle, Colt glanced away to hide the blush that had already been seen. “But y’know, that’s a big upgrade from that last projected second date, but I’m still gonna try to get it sooner than that. After all, th-”

"Heeeeeeey! You guys need help over there?"

Colt’s greedy efforts to land a second date were cut short by a yell that finally drew his eyes toward the rest of his classmates. The train that was his thoughts swerved and flew off the rails, crashing into the serenity he had achieved as he beheld just what as going on. The color that had found its way onto his face drained just as the emotion in his eyes and smile flickered out and he stared with a deadpan neutrality at the sight.

“Now I see why the Oceandrop Program is necessary.”

In a monotone voice, he made his proclamation. Everything occurring between John Dove, Subaru Iburi, Prushka and Souma Nubata had lined up with utmost perfection to craft a scene that left little room to respond to what he was witnessing. A part of him pitied Prushka for the eye load of ass in front of her that could have been carved by Praxiteles himself. The other saw how much she seemed to enjoy the sight, and he buried his face in his palm.

Was this how everyone saw him?

The memory of his first meeting with Josie McLampent made a cold wind blow upon his wet body, despite the air being as still as the seemingly unshakeable heart of John Dove.

“And the worst part is that I don’t think I’m any better than that lot…”

He muttered to himself shortly before John shouted back to Sakura.

“Wouldn’t dream of getting in the way of your fun, ‘sister dear’!”

“Wow.” Colt tilted his head. “I never knew John had it in him.”

It was then that the boy beside Sakura noticed that Prushka had sunk under the water, like a ship that had just suffered a delightful collision with an iceberg sculpted like the buttocks of an Olympian. Colt’s eyes went from Sakura, to the bubbles rising where Prushka sank at, to John, to Sakura, to Souma, to Sakura, to Subaru, then back to Sakura.

Then, he sighed.

“Hey Souma!” Cupping his hands together much like Sakura had before to send his voice further, Colt yelled over the water and waves to the muscle machine. “I think the Shrimp’s forgotten how to swim! I bet she’d appreciate it if you saved her!”

So saying, Colt gestured as best he could to communicate the act of scooping the girl out of the water into a princess carry.

As one hopeless pervert to another, this was a service he felt he owed to his alike.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "But, yeah. Got something I need to check out- and don't go stressing yourself out now. I've already got a chaperone, unless you think I need a responsible adult there."
    Kean cocked an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me, Blondie? You'd need a responsible adult just about everywhere," he replied with a sarcastic tone. "I'd need more than two hands to count all the times you've gotten into trouble only because you didn't have anyone to look after your butt. Though, then again, it might also because you practically go seeking out trouble, I swear..."

Inacio chuckled at the exchange again, watching over Elaine and Kean with a sort of warm gaze. Just one look at the expession of the musician told that he was rather amused by the back-and-forth between the two... almost like he was watching two siblings argue, or an old married couple go at it as usual.

"Well, why not go with her, then?" Inacio asked, wiggling his eyebrows at Kean. "If you're so worried that is."

Kean snorted and absent-mindedly grabbed the burger from the plate, bringing it to his lips.

The red burger.

"Ugh, I can't be holding her hand forever, you know! Otherwise I'll be holding it till I'm old and grey!" Kean said with an exaggerated grimace and a sigh. "I don't want my future to be completely focused around watching that this dumbo doesn't get herself hu---"

It was then that it happened.

Kean Loinnir took a bite out of the red burger.

A single bite.

He didn't even chew, or swallow.

He simply bit into it.

And in that very instant...

-------------- He fell from his seat and collapsed into the sand, almost like a marionette with its strings cut off.

"K-Kean!?" Inacio yelled out in surprise, jumping up to help the boy.

The boy who was now laying on the ground, with whited-out eyes and absolute lack of expression on his face.

Well... he was breathing, at least?

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “I’m not sure. I want to say no, but...you know, after all this I’m not even sure if I knew her that well. Who knows if she was actually just scheming something like this behind my back as well. Might just be a coincidence as well. For what I know, she probably became the way she is now just the start of this year. It’s...a long story, but...she sacrificed herself, kind of. Then disappeared. I thought she was dead, but...you know, now I’m starting to think that death would have been a much happier fate for her. We’ll have to find her. Even if she told us to just mind our own business, and not be so arrogant...I want to be there for her.”
    Pyry nodded at that, encouraging smile clear on his face.

"Yeah. I get you. After all, even if this was just a scheme, she... she was still your family, right? Even if she did it all for an ulterior motive, it's not like that erases all the good times you had together. She doesn't just stop being your sister. So yeah, I can understand that desire... that want to be there for her, when she's clearly in some sort of trouble," the boy answered. "Though, honestly... I doubt she was actually evil all this time or something cliched like that. I mean, the Ange you and I know might have been a tease and sometimes selfish, but she was also kind and caring. You can't just fake that so easily."

Rising up from the sands, the blonde athlete let out another satisfied yawn and stretched out his back, to the point that a few satisfying pops could be heard from them. Indeed, he looked like his namesake - a young lion getting up from an afternoon nap in order to eat his belly full, and then head right back to bed... only, for the boy, there would be no sleep just yet.

The day was far from over.

"I'm sure we'll find her. And I'm sure we'll save her," Pyry said, nodding at Hisa with determination. "And then you can rub it in her face that despite it all, it was the little sister who ended up saving her older sibling. Considering the change in her attitude, I'd say she deserved to be knocked down a peg or few."

Chuckling to himself, the boy walked over to the grill and took a look at the food that had been prepared there - clearly growing a bit excited at the delicious sight. From there, his gaze went over to the ocean. First to the group of people that was fooling around there, and then past that, beyond that... towards the distant ocean and whatever lied beyond it.

--- At the same time, something of a dark shadow passed over his face.

"... Don't worry. I won't let your family fall apart. We will find her and save her," Pyry quietly added. "I don't... I don't want you to go through the same things as I once did."

The pain in his voice was momentary, but clearly caused by some distant memories.

"--- I promise that."

Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "Sure. So long as I can call you Thorne."
    The man snorted as he pulled back.

The smug grin on his face couldn't have been wider as he took a few steps back, enjoying the results of his handiwork. Indeed, Hawthorn... he seemed to find Liana's reaction far more hilarious than he had expected. Just for a moment, the girl had seen flash of genuine amusement and chuckling - almost cheerful demeanor - from his face, before he buried it underneath his usual attitude. So perhaps there was a honest man somewhere under there? He simply kept him well hidden, and only showed it when he was caught off-guard himself... which wasn't clealy easy.

Though, on the other hand, that "honest man" seemed to be just like he was normally.

A notorious bully and a horrible flirt.

"Sure. After all, it only feels right," Hawthorn said as he leaned against the wall of the abandoned lighthouse. "Considering I got your permission... and I got to see something amusing. Really, it's the least that I could do. So, I guess that makes our deal official... Skye."

The word practically slithered off his tongue.

And he was clearly having way too much fun at her expense right now.

"As for the time... Well, you can simply call the reception at the Country Club. Spade Queen, that is. Ask for Hawthorne. They'll put you in contact with me. That's where I'm staying at the moment," the man continued, holding back on the teasing for a moment to deliver some actual information. "Meanwhile, I'll see what I can dig up of this mother of yours. Though, I might have somewhere to start already. We'll see. Still, call me when you have free time. And, well... evenings or nights work for me. Earlier than that? Quite unlikely I'll make it. And I wouldn't want to stand you up on our date."

With that, the man folded his arms across his chest once more and fixed his gaze towards the beach once more - though not before making a vague gesture, as if telling Liane to start packing her stuff.

"Anyways, you should probably be going. Looks like your whole gig thing is starting soon," Hawthorne concluded. "I'll be here watching though. So, at least you have one fan in the audience. Break a leg, and all that."

He paused for a moment...

... And suddenly, that shark-like, smug grin returned.

"Though, you might want to dip your face in cold water before you go there," he added. "That maidenly blush you got going on is a bit too adorable for the "reliable sis" image you're trying to project."

... Definitely a bully and a flirt.

Blog Entries
    John Dove, Prushka, Elise Pelltier & Colt Davin

“Um, you might want to step aside a little, though. Personal space, and all that.”
    A deathly silence.

One that seems to continue for eternity, with Souma Nubatama locking his eye with that of John Dove... all the way up until there is a slight poke, a tiny moment of physical touch, that happens to his buttock. A momentary look of quizzical wonder arises to Souma's face and he glances back, as if now, for the first time, noticing the tiny girl who he had separated from John by diving up between them... a girl who is currently sinking beneath the waves along with Subaru, and looking quite maniacal while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "N-not bad."
    A moment of silence more, and...

"........... Heh. I see."

Souma Nubatama steps aside, taking some distance between himself, John and the sinking girls. All the while looking somewhat amused by how things had ended up, and how two of the people he was supposed to help out are now more or less drowning again. Some might have questioned whether or not Souma got some sort of sadistic pleasure from this all... but that was a question only the one-eyed boy knew. And the answer was perhaps left unknown.

Truly, it might have been for the best.

“Wouldn’t dream of getting in the way of your fun, ‘sister dear’!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "Sakura! You're more than welcome to lend a hand, but I think we've got it covered!"
    Meanwhile, the connection between the two groups had been finally been made, with Sakura's cheerful question being answered in two very different ways. An equally cheerful one from Elise... and a bit sarcastic one from John. Indeed, the blue-haired boy's response made Sakura cock an eyebrow - looking both a bit surprised and dryly amused at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Wow. I never knew John had it in him.”
    Sakura chuckled.

"I know, right? The boy's bit of a smug bully when he wants to be," she answered, patting Colt on the shoulder and starting to wade through the water to the group. "Come on, Colt - let's get the girls to the shore. They might be tiny, but it's still easier with all of us working toget---"

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Hey Souma! I think the Shrimp’s forgotten how to swim! I bet she’d appreciate it if you saved her!”
    Colt's yell overpowered Sakura's suggestion, and definitely caught the interest of the brunette girl. Indeed, looking like a mischievous cat, Sakura turned to look towards the other group, hoping to see what sort of reaction this suggestion would cause. Clearly, she was looking forward to acquiring even more material with which to tease her fellow classmates with.

Of course, back at the group, they had gotten vaguely the same idea too. That is, rescuing the two tiny drowning girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "We should probably get Subaru back to shore, and maybe under some shade until she recovers. And maybe someone should pull Prushka up just in case?”
    Souma, who had been standing aside, nodded.

"........ Heh. Very well then," he answered and took a step forward. ".......... I'll take the one known as.... Prushka. You...... Hm?"

Yet again, a quizzical look appeared on Souma's face.

One of actual confusion. A look that was hard to imagine him actually having, considering how confident and mysterious he always was. But there it was, clear as day. Confused Souma Nubatama - what a day to be alive.

Then again, the one-eyed boy had every reason to look confused.

At some point in all of this confusion, Prushka and Subaru had simply disappeared. They were nowhere to be seen.

At least, not in the spot that they had originally been sinking in.

Instead, halfway to the beach already...

"Mwahahahahaha~! The cuties are mine, all mine~! I'll never let these adorable things go, for realsies~! MWAHAHAHAHAHA~!"

Ubon Sĕeklêun, who else?

Ubon Sĕeklêun who was currently racing across the waters, heading towards the beach while carrying Prushka under one arm and Subaru under the other, the crazed look on her face signaling that she had gone mad with the proximity of this so-called cuteness, and had thus claimed the girls as her prize before bolting towards safety.

What she planned on doing with them, well...

... Maybe that was better left unknown, too.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Thorne
    "Though, you might want to dip your face in cold water before you go there," he added. "That maidenly blush you got going on is a bit too adorable for the "reliable sis" image you're trying to project."
    "Q-Quiet, you-!"

Don't let him unstable you further, Liana Skye-!

She isn't supposed to be the maiden, she was supposed to be the knight! Of course that just means his words are true, that a flushed appearance is not the cool, confident one that she always tries to show to other people, so-!

She can only struggle futilely against the bullying, chuckling to herself as she moves to stretch for the journey back down to the beach, feeling quite a bit more cheerful than she had expected when she had first headed up here...

Just goes to show that life goes in bizarre ways at times-!

"But, Spade Queen... Evenings or Nights, got it Mr. Bully."

She winks once.

"I'll call when I get the chance."

Definitely a bully.

---But that's alright.

There was an honest bully in there with the enigmatic bully.

So it was fine-!

"Also, it's not just an image," spinning around after a moment, hands flying up to rest on her waist as she leans forward, the girl smiles confidently, "I'm totally the reliable big sister type. You'll see eventually~!"

She still had to make this one point clear!

Nevertheless-!

She laughs as she spins around again, body poised to take off into a sprint back to the beach...

One that will be made much faster than the approach, now that she wasn't trying to hide herself from anyone-!

"So I'm off! I'll be watching to make sure you watch the show, first fan~"

An interesting guy.

Truly...

But for now...

Back to the beach-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Hehehehehe...."

It's hilarious.

"Hehehehe..."

How did this happen? Doesn't matter, it's too funny.

"Hehehe..."

I'm being held close now, out of the water, by someone running fast. What a laugh.

"Hehe..."

A bumpy ride. But it's fine, I can't be mad at Ubon. Only amused.

"He..."

He's definitely a riot, that guy.

"S-smooth criminal..."

Shame, though.

Shame he's broken too.

Or worse; maybe he's the break itself.

Hehe. Break. Hehe. Crack. I'm so funny.

"Hehehehe............"

"..."

"..."

There was something, right? Something he taught me, in situations like this? What was it again? A trick that works even when you're overcome by your own feelings?

Let's give it a shot, then-.

???

Phase: Awake
    Date: Now
    Weather: Humid

"All hands, assemble!"

The room fell quiet as
    Superego
    Discipline
    slammed her metallic foot into the floor, clearing away the arguments and debates with a cold CLANG. The room's occupants, amorphous beings of abstraction given form, turned their feelers towards the only artificial being among them, questioning, filled to the brim with feelings just ready to pour out. But they stayed silent. For the moment.

"Good," Discipline said, adjusting her glasses. "Now, let us discuss. Calm?"

"The land is in an uproar, Ma'am," said Calm. "The Kingdoms are destabilizing. The generator is overloaded with an unknown emotion. If it continues on this course... Prushka will faint. Within the next ten seconds."

"Let her!"
    roared Passion. "Her heart is aflame! Abuzz! Atwitter!"

"I CONCUR," Panic agreed, along with several other Sanguine temperaments. "AND ALSO I'M FEELING REALLY ATTACKED RIGHT NOW SO JUST GIVE ME SOME SPACE OK"

"Clear away from Panic, everyone," said Discipline. "Calm, attend to her. Then let us turn the topic of discussion to why Panic is feeling attacked."

They turned towards the viewing window. It was covered in ass. Several pictures. Several angles. The most intimate detail. Ass chiseled out by divine craftsmanship, never before seen.

"Wew," Discipline admitted. "That's pretty good actually. Though I think I know who presented this evidence... Propriety?"

The matronly emotion stepped forward, huffing and puffing, and stood ramrod straight. Her upper lip quivered as her stern gaze surveyed the room, then landed on Discipline. She harrumphed, cleared her throat, and...

"This," she said. "Is not my fault."

A roar of denial and accusations surged behind her, before being silenced by another CLANG. Discipline did not seem amused; Amusement was busy poking a picture of Ubon's abs in the corner. "Propriety," said Discipline. "You have caused most of Prushka's freakouts for the past several years. You are the reason we show no mercy to awful humans. You built me to serve as a last-ditch defense against complete personality collapse. And now you're saying this isn't another of your ultimatums?"

Propriety sniffed. Her face was flushed, and flapping at it did nothing to help. "N-not at all," she said. "While it is highly improper to be exposed to such criminal anatomy, we are at a beach. It was bound to happen. Prushka prepared herself for it. I will, however, take credit for the Dove affair."

"Don't even bring that up," Discipline grumbled. "Thanks to you we've got yet another problem to deal with. Again."

"All for the best, dear."

"Don't 'dear' me. Now, if Propriety didn't do this... who did? Come forward so we can resolve the problem."

The room was silent. Even Propriety stepped back into line without one of her usual snippy remarks. Not a single hand went up.

"Fear?" Discipline asked. "Was it you?"

"Eeep! No! I swear! I didn't do anything!" squeaked the jittery emotion. "I mean, yes, I'm sorta kinda terrified right now because those buns are a walking hole in reality, but I barely did a thing! By the time I got to the generator it was already full to bursting! I couldn't siphon any Odic Fuel even if I'd wanted to! Please don't crucify me..."

"...fine, fine. You're free to go."
    Discipline was beginning to develop what she suspected would turn out to be a painful headache. She scanned the room. "Anger? What about you?"

Anger shrugged. "Don't look at me, hoss. Dove's a JERK-ASS-PUNK-BITCH-LYING-PEDO... but Souma's cool in my book."

"Then who!? Sadness? No, it's fine, don't answer, I can see you crying already... Disgust? What, not gross at all? Even though it's a boy and he's got cooties? Fine, fine, I get it... Joy? No? Yes? You're saying it might've been a cousin of yours but you're not sure? What does that even mean?"

It was no use. None of the feelings Discipline was familiar with could lay claim to the issue. She didn't know why Prushka was hyperventilating, and with nearly five seconds passed, the prospect of keeping her conscious seemed nearly impossible.

Until.

Until the door to the Headquarters slammed open, and a figure appeared, silhouetted by a bolt of lightning.

"..." It was dripping wet, pale, scrawny, and so weak it seemed as if a stiff breeze might knock it over. But the emotion none of them recognized wore a big triumphant smile on its sticky face.

"Ladies," it said. "I have come. And I am here to stay."

They parted before it, as it advanced, step by step, towards Discipline. The construction stood before the command console, arms folded, staring the strange new feeling down without budging an inch.

"Who are you?" asked Discipline.

"Haha... you don't recognize me?" The feeling tilted its head. "No, I suppose you weren't... you've only seen me in others, after all. Take a good look then!" It spread its appendages, revealing the light below, dazzling the rest of Prushka's feelings with its damp radiance. "Behold! You have awaited my arrival for years! And yet, you did not truly think I would come! Only Hope remained steadfast in her beliefs, even as you belittled her naivete. Well, I am here, and I am ready to assume my place."

"Who?" repeated Discipline, feeling more and more like Panic by the second? "Who!?"

The newcomer brushed past, then placed itself upon the command console, interfacing for the first time with its birthright.

"Ladies,"
    it whispered. "I am the harbinger. The Alpha who will beckon the Omega. I am she who heralds the coming of
    Puberty
    the Apocalypse
    , the shattering and rebuilding of this world, the one who will unmake and remake this girl's perception of reality. I am destruction and I am creation. I am famine and feast both, and to you..."

The room pulsed red. Once, twice. The generator whined, surged, and then slowed to a more sustainable level as the new feeling was acknowledged for the first time.

"...you shall know me as Lust."

I open my eyes.

"Oh."

Well, that worked. Sorta.

"Ubon, Ubon..."

I look up.

Poke, poke.

Oh, hey, you've got nice abs.

Poke, poke, poke.

My cheeks burn as I admit the truth to she who might understand how I'm feeling better than anyone.

"Ubon, Souma's kinda hot..."

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove

Souma Nubatama remains as purposely slow to answer as ever, seemingly looking for something in John’s inexpressive face rather than in his words. The vacuous moment of unnecessary intimacy stretches for several soundless seconds, until something else grabs the taller man’s attention.

Prushka…did she touch him? Clearly, John Dove needs to reassess his mental profile of the girl, then. Somewhat expectedly, Souma finds some shape of amusement in this whole situation, as Prushka seems to follow Miss Iburi into the soporific rest that follows the Bacchanalian frenzy.

“For someone who presents an image of seriousness, you are rather epicurean, aren’t you, Nubatama?” John speaks quietly, easily falling back into the illusion of rapport developed in that rainy evening in the forest.

Elise Marie finally shows up, proposing the obvious suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Souma Nubatama
    “........Heh. Very well then.......... I'll take the one known as....Prushka.”
    “Yes, please take stock of your actions and responsibility for them, please.”

Isn’t there something fundamentally wrong about John Dove of all people saying those words to somebody else?

“I will carry Miss Iburi—huh?”

There is no Miss Iburi to carry. No Prushka, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    “Mwahahahahaha~! The cuties are mine, all mine~! I'll never let these adorable things go, for realsies~! MWAHAHAHAHAHA~!”
    There she goes, carrying two girls towards the shore at ludicrous speed. Well, John already knows Ubon is not just an ordinary athletic girl. However, she is saying some rather worrisome words, is she not?

“Hmm…” he muses. “A part of me thinks I should stop her. The other tells me it will probably be a hassle and we should not bother with it.”

His contribution to this strange skit is a single sentence shouted at the Thai girl leaving to a destination unknown.

“Don’t forget about the music show, Ubon!”

Leaving that behind him, John finally turns to regard once again the sudden newcomer to this watery stage.

“Anyway, Nubatama, I don’t think we have much time, unfortunately. So,” he continues, tinting his voice with a nigh-imperceptible challenge. “What does Souma Nubatama do to amuse himself in the ocean?”

Elaine Winters

"You kidding me? Every time I come around you start working yourself up into a tizzy about me ending up an old maid or some dumbass thing like that," I rolled my eyes, "Not to mention you toss yourself in there marrying me out of pity, you big sweetheart."

Blonde hair was tossed with a scoff, "He's just one of those weirdos who'd insist up and down that 'no, he's definitely not doing this because I care or anything, dummy.'," I confided to Inacio, lips quirking into a smile, "I'll put money down on the fact that if I had a breakdown or something, he'd zoom over and start fussing over me like a mother hen."

I shut my eyes and sighed, chewing away the last of my burger.

Although, I do have to say, I certainly don't dislike all the attention.

Maybe I'd go for the red now, give him an excuse.

I reached out for the red burger, but my hand touched only empty air.

I cracked open my eyes, finding an empty plate.

Oh.

Oh no.

My head jerked up to Kean's form just as his mouth closed around the forbidden substance.

My hand reached out, "No, wait, that's not-!"

But it was too late, the gates closed, the cursed, forbidden substance allowed within like so many Achaeans.

Fwoomp.

With one single, smooth motion, Kean Loinnir was defeated in an instant, flopping bonelessly from his seat into the sand below, where my feet had already landed.

I looked him over, brows furrowed, noting he was still breathing and did not appear overly harmed by his consumption, just, similarly to myself, he was rendered unconscious.

I hoped.

Gingerly, and oh so carefully, I knelt down next to my dear companion's form, placing one arm to support his neck and the other to his legs, pushing upwards with my legs and easily hefting the limp bundle of limbs.

I frowned over him, doing some brief checks to make certain he was alright, if I remembered correctly, he should be alright in a bit.

Should be.

"Idiot," I muttered, "I'm supposed to be the one getting hurt like this, not you..."

Should probably get him out of the sun or something, let him cool off.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Terrot
    "I am... sorry, Mademoiselle. It's not that I'm shy, or that I don't like swimming. However, to let myself be seen like that, in front of these people, it just... I simply can't do it. I know it would make for a good coverage, maybe a nice travel log, but at the same time... I just can't do it. Apologies, but the idea of showing my skin before those men, it just... makes me sick to my stomach. To the point that I want to vomit. Even if they act innocent... I cannot trust them."
    Some light had been shed on Alex's condition. Something had caused her to develop androphobia, the fear of men. It was Vivienne's first time seeing a case like that in the flesh, but it isn't like there is always some sort of fear mixed in with wonder about the opposite gender. Vivienne, too, before she had become what she is now, always looked at boys the same way one views mythological stories such as the Iliad -- filled with mysteries, layers, hidden details... to understand them, to come to grasp with how they worked, it seemed like a herculean task. The hesitant glances you throw at each other, the short, ephemeral touches you exchange as if feeling each other's out... what kind of creatures are they really? Are they thinking the same about you? Are they curious, afraid, in awe? Why are they ogling at you so long... is it because they're making fun of you inside their head?

Vivienne Bianchi had gone through that phase too. One could say she hadn't fully gotten out of it, but well, when she was stripped of her emotions, she shifted over to a more logical form of thinking, one that was far less imaginary and romanticist. Relationships were broken down into need and demand, into desire and dislike.

Still, it was not impossible for her to understand how Alex's fear for men had formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Terrot
    "Y-yes, that would be... I'd like that. Some sort of other activity would be fine. Just a moment and I'll get rid of these shoes. Then we can head out."
    "...mmm. Take your time...."

Her second suggestion had been much more welcome by Alex. A good compromise between exposure and enjoying the sea. For Alex to enjoy the moments offered to her here fully... that was much needed. There was much tribulation and obstacles to overcome in the coming days...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesarina
    "E-errm... Ghosts, Zaza? What do you mean by that? I mean, I do not mind if you want to do something else than play beachvolley, but being ghosts just sounds... well, a bit silly, wahahaa~!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex (T)
    "Indeed - ghosts at a sunny beach sounds a bit of a hard concept to work with. Though if we threw a white sheet over Mademoiselle Bianchi here, I think she would make an excellent ghost."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex (L)
    "A ghastly noise, just out of sight! A hand, almost eerily white, reaching out at someone's back only to vanish into the darkness! This is what it means to be a ghost! And with that sort of power, we can truly turn this into a... fright to remember!"
    Vivienne tilted her head quizzically, perhaps not seeing the appeal of a ghost on the beach. Hearing Alexstraza's idea also made Vivienne think, the quiet girl perhaps trying to grasp what the Shakespearean schoolmate was trying to get at. Was this perhaps a suggestion for how she would enact a prank on these people in the sea? Speaking of which... it was getting quite rowdy in there indeed. People being flung and carried about... hopefully this didn't turn into a battlefield too quick. But yes, coming back to Alexstraza's words:

"You... want to dive into the water... and surprise people? Like... the movie... Jaws? Miss Sharkstraza... be careful... someone has... a big gun..."

Having uttered to Alexstraza her warning, Vivienne went over to the picnic sheets that Caesarina had mentioned and dusted them off from the sand that had stuck onto them... then she came back next to Alex and draped herself into the sheets... which gave for a very interesting sight.

"Boo..."

... an interesting attempt at humor, indeed.

Vivienne Bianchi
    07.09.1994 (WED)Evening Phase
    Clear Skies
    End's Beach - Picnic Tables

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

"........... Hew...?"

The boneless, limp form of Kean Loinnir let out that strange noise while Elaine was looking for a good place or a shade to put the boy in. Inacio, who had been following the blonde girl with worry in his eyes, let out a sigh of relief and leaned against one of the amps that had been set near the stage. They hadn't gotten far, after all. Just like with Elaine's own case, the boy hadn't been out for long.

Sure enough, she had looked like his soul had left his body and that his entire had turned into jello, but it hadn't last that long!

Maybe.

Speaking from experience, Elaine knew that the dulled sensation of something having schorched your entire mouth and throat and left nothing but rubber behind would continue for quite a while.

"... huh... what ith thith...?" Kean wondered, his loopy eyes circling in their sockets while a dopey smile spread to his face. "Thotha comfy... feelth pretty nithe..."

Welp, just one look at that face, and it was very clear. Kean Loinnir was completely out of it thanks to the Red Burger. Not only had he been knocked out completely, but recovering was taking its time as the boy booted up once more, and in the meanwhile, Elaine was treated to the sight of a silver-haired guy smiling like a moron in her arms, not a care in a world or any understanding of what was going on.

Then again, she had been there herself.

She knew what it was like.

Including talking like your tongue had turnde into cotton.

--- Luckily, if the boy was put to rest now, he should make it by the time the concert started.

"Huh... look at thath... pretty..." Kean suddenly said, and lifted one of his hands. "What ith that...?"

And then the hand plopped against Elaine's cheek and held itself there while that dopey grin widened.

"Lookth like an anthel... ha... hahaha... anthel ith taking me to heaven~"

Meanwhile, Inacio nearly choked on his soda.

Vivienne Bianchi & Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    Cesarina clasped her hands together in utter joy and excitement, her eyes practically shining at the sight of Alexstrasza and her example.

"Ah! Truly! Truly! That is a magnificent idea!" Cesarina exclaimed loudly. "We should totally do that once it gets dark! We could get even manage to surprise the bravest of our classmates! Truly, we would be feared across the whole school as an urban legend ourselves... the slimy ghosts covered in odd white membrane!"

To punctuate her words, Cesarina pumped her fist up and down victoriously, clearly not exactly understanding what she had said. Alex Terrot, on the other hand, let out a quiet sigh underneath her breath. While the excitement of the green-haired girl was infectious, unfortunately her... idiocy... wasn't. So while to her the idea sounded magnificent and that it could in no way go wrong, the same could not be said of Alex. She understood that if they'd go around scaring other students in the darkness, it might lead to a lot of trouble. Various forms of trouble. Trouble with a capital T.

"This is going to end in tragedy..." the reporter muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "You... want to dive into the water... and surprise people? Like... the movie... Jaws? Miss Sharkstraza... be careful... someone has... a big gun..."
    The blonde girl nodded, folding her arms across her body.

"Not to mention, you will be quite slippery like that when you're in water," Alex added. "So you should really take care, lest you hurt yourself in... one of the various ways it's possible."

It was then that Vivienne suddenly decided to make a bold, daring move... or rather, did something that none of the people remaining around the tables had expected. Each pair of eyes watched with interest as the quiet girl went to fetch one of the picnic sheets, walked back and... threw it upon herself, veiling herself with the thing.

What stared at Alexstrasza Lockhart was truly a sight to behold.

A sheeted ghost of the beach, in the flesh. Or ectoplasm.

"........" Cesarina was speechless.

"........" Alex was without words.

And about ten seconds (and two more sheets) later...

"Boo."
    "Boo!"

"Boo..."

... The paranormal activity before Alexstrasza had tripled!

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Hmmm…”

Swaying in the water, Colt rubbed his chin. The ploy to get Prushka into the arms of a handsome man had failed. Promising as it had seemed, nobody with a rational, sane mind could have predicted the Ubon-factor. Nor could any have been prepared for… the speed, the stealth, the strength.

"Mwahahahahaha~! The cuties are mine, all mine~! I'll never let these adorable things go, for realsies~! MWAHAHAHAHAHA~!"

Yet somehow, the defeated pang in his chest gave Colt the thought that he really should have been prepared for insanity of at least this level. After all, this was Pinefall Highschool for Troubled Youth, and now Prushka and Subaru were looking to be in quite the trouble.

“I wonder if that counts as kidnapping?” Colt asked that aloud, somewhat to Sakura, but also to himself. Then, to demonstrate how irrelevant the question truly was, the boy just let himself fall backward onto the water. Floating on his back, he exhaled every bit of air in his lungs. “Well, I’m sure it’s fine.”

Lazily, Colt stared up at the sky. His hands interlocked behind his head, becoming a cushion.

“I think I’m just gonna take it easy a little while longer. Now that I’m in the water I may as well enjoy it while it lasts, after all.”

How pleasant it was. To breathe in the salty air, let his ears fall beneath the waves and be lulled by the endless crashing, swirling beach water. Far better than the last swim he went for. Ghosts on the beach, dangerous red burgers, mysterious people at the lighthouse, setting up the stage…

All of that couldn’t be further from his problem, further from being his concern.

Elaine Winters

I blinked owlishly down at Kean, feeling a very very warm sensation as his hand touched my face.

For a moment, a brief moment, I wanted to drop him.

For a moment, I was afraid.

For a moment, I wanted to XXXX him.

But the moment passed, and I sighed, shaking my head.

“An angel, huh…”

Hilarious.

Some sand must’ve gotten into my eyes or something, and I coughed, dipping my head to get the sun out of my eyes for a moment.

“Don’t know what you’re rambling about, it’s just me, Kean.”

Elaine Winters, an angel? A savior, carrying people to paradise?

I supposed, from a certain point of view, you could see it that way.

An angel of death, maybe.

Seems to be the way things are going here.

“I’m no angel.”

All I’ve seemed to have done here is get people hurt, the one person I saved I left alone.

Could these hands, monstrous and bloody, really save anyone anymore?

“But…”

It was a stupid dream.

A dream of people who believed in good.

And, well…

“I guess I can play the part for right now.”

I guess I’m one of them, huh?

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Souma Nubata
    "........ Heh. Very well then.......... I'll take the one known as.... Prushka. You...... Hm?"
    Elise nodded and moved to collect Subaru, just as John said he'd do the same, only for both of them to find no trace of her. Elise blinked in confusion. Even the normally unflappable Souma seemed equally perplexed when he couldn't find Prushka either.

What the-? They were here just a moment ago...

Elise looked about to no avail. The water here was deep enough to swim in, but still shallow enough for her to stand in. While she'd last seen Prushka sinking into the depths, it was certainly not deep enough here for her to have been swallowed by the abyss. No, there was only one plausible answer which made itself all too clear when the sound of Ubon's mad cackle reached her ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    Elise felt the sting of betrayal as she watched Ubon race for the shore, with her prizes tucked under each of her arms.

Ubon? How could you!? Elise cursed herself for her complacency, for lowering her guard around the one who'd nearly assassinated her this morning, Ahg! I should have seen this treachery coming!

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “Hmm… A part of me thinks I should stop her. The other tells me it will probably be a hassle and we should not bother with it.”
    "It might be a hassle, but I can't let Ubon get away with this. I owe Prushka that much," said Elise solemnly.

She sighed, shaking her head as she laughed weakly to herself at the sheer absurdity of this entire situation.

"Good seeing you again, John. If I don't get the chance to head back out into the water, maybe I'll see you at the concert?" began Elise, before she turned to Souma and gave him a curt nod, "Souma. Thank you for your help, it was much appreciated."

With that, Elise dove into the water and set off after Ubon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"Oh come on, relax! They're just your typical urban legends. Nothing to be afraid of. The only monsters in the closet are the ones made up by your own imagination!"
    A wry sense of amusement ran through Anna at Ramia’s dismissive words. It would be nice if that was truly the case. It would make her life at least a whole bunch easier, at least. Unfortunately, it would seem that monsters, both of the imaginary and the real varieties, were all too real in this town forgotten by time.

Anna herself, Ramia, heck even Gabi… they all qualified in some way or another.

“Hah. Well, Ramia’s probably right about that specific tale.” Anna let out a brief chuckle. “Someone was most likely just exploring the school at night, got caught by someone, and legged it. No need to overcomplicate things with magical ghosts or something.”

No. In fact, that “ghost” was exceedingly unlikely to be some kind of ephemeral spirit from the beyond. Much more likely to be a creature of flesh and bones, in fact. Not that she would be surprised if there were actual ghosts or specters milling about this place. Small towns usually had more than enough hidden grudges and resentment flickering through them to fuel such malicious poltergeists. Not that this town, in particular, needed help in this case.

“But yeah, don’t worry too much about this stuff, Gabi.” Anna gave Gabi a small reassuring smile. “They’re just tall tales, after all.”

Finishing her soda, Anna rose up from her seated position on the log for a moment to place the empty cans she’d collected over their small conversation into one of the nearby trash bags. Having disposed of her trash, the Estonian girl gave a small stretch in the sun and leaned over Ramia’s shoulder, clearly with the aim of grabbing another soda for herself.

As she rummaged through the sodas, a small, barely audible whisper left her lips, clearly only meant for the dusky-skinned mercenary and not the blonde sitting a small distance away.

“I did find out something that’s not just a rumor, however.” A small pause. “The cops in this town fished up a girl’s corpse, Indiana. Recently. Very recently. Would say… probably yesterday or today, considering they’d just finished the autopsy.”

“They also have spooks from the…” Anna quieted for a moment almost as if the girl in red was trying to remember something in particular. “…Bureau in town. I imagine whatever they found wasn’t particularly “ordinary” if you catch my drift.”

“So… if you do go exploring and rummaging through the undergrowth in this place, do keep your wits about you, eh?
    Last edited by Mellon; May 14th, 2020 at 04:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

After moving Lucille I finally got to see Caleb Montjoy’s drawing. I saw that he decided to not only draw me, but he decided to draw all of three of us. I guess if you can’t decide on one just draw them all. However, there was the issue of permission for using our likeness without permission. I didn’t have an issue of Caleb Montjoy drawing me nor do I think Aleen would’ve had an issue with her being drawn. In fact, she might die out of embarrassment or be complimented. Lucille on the other hand… I don’t know how she would react to it, but I can assume she would react to it positively at least.

When I looked up and away from the painting, I saw everyone react weirdly… No, I guess they were the ones who reacted normally and I was the one who reacted weirdly. Caleb Montjoy was opening and closing his mouth out of shock like a goldfish. Lucille looked surprised by my moving of her and looked like she was about to say something. Aleen looked embarrassed for some reason… Despite the fact that it was me doing it. The final nail in the conflict was seeing Tonkori sigh and do the equivalent of a dog facepalm. Again a dog even thought my actions were questionable! Granted this dog was a creature from the Turnside with a near human intellect, but still a dog!

I would’ve apologized to Lucille and tried to ease the group back into a more normal atmosphere, but I forgot one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes West
    "Like, the hell do you think you're doing to my main girl, punk?"
    ...Mercedes West, the local Queen Bee of Pinefall High, was Lucille’s friend and gave no mercy to anyone who messed with her. Well Aleen you thought I was bad with my light teasing. You’re about to experience someone who is probably about to walk over me and then stomp all over my social life. There wasn’t a way for me to turn this around in a positive way without doing something conspicuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “It’s fine, Mercedes, I set myself up for that one in the first place. But it was rather rude of you to suddenly do that to me, Vier, so I’d like an apology.”
    Thankfully, I saw Lucille throw me a rope. Hopefully it would be a lifesaving rope and not a rope to hang yourself with.

“I’m sorry Lucille. I probably should’ve just said something instead of just moving you… It just didn’t seem like you were going to move and it seemed like you were a bit close...”

I sighed before continuing… Just in case the apology wasn’t good enough. I should lower myself further and prove my sincerity via action.

“Is there a way for me to make it up to you Lucille? Like can I do something for you? Get you some food or something to drink before the concert?”