Page 135 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3585125130133134135136137140145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Everyone had gone to swim in the water, somehow. Well, that was to be expected, after all that was the main attraction of the beach, was it not? Caesarina and Alexstraza had yet to join in, the first being busy with spreading sunscreen lotion over the latter... albeit was this more like...a massage? Molestation? You aren't supposed to put sunscreen i the hair in the first place. On the contrary, some sunlight might be good for strengthening your hair... Vitamins D and what not. Alex's noted distaste for going swimming was noted by Vivienne with a nod, but she perhaps had to wonder wherever the reason might be something else.

"Do you... not like swimming? Or... people seeing your skin?" Vivienne asked. "Before... I too was... a bit shy... about this kind of stuff... but I told myself... if I want to become an actress... and be like a Bond Girl... I should be... a little bit less ashamed of myself..." Having Vivienne talk about her 'old' self must have been a little bit strange for Alex Terrot, but she felt like a little bit of encouragement, following what the others had done to her, was something she could afford to boost Alex's enjoyment of the beach.

"I think... like Miss Lockheart said... we should seize the day... besides... you can report on how... the water on this side of America is... maybe like... the beaches in Marseilles? Nice? Perhaps... more like Normandy..."

Vivienne stood up from where she had been seated, having managed somehow to finish the meal Prushka had given her. It was a lot to eat and digest, but the quiet girl had overcome the culinary obstacle. Vivienne looked at Alex, hiding half of her visage behind her sketchbook. Hiding one's face is usually synonymous with embarrassment in social situations, but it can be likened to obfuscation and secrecy as well -- Vivienne knew it the most, seeing how she was someone that knew a lot about Masks. However, there was nothing for her to hide from Alex here, rather, she was putting her veil over her empty expression, because by not seeing it, perhaps that Alex Terrot could imagine how Vivienne Bianchi truly would be below that mask. Imagination and belief, those are very powerful things, so much that they can not only shape one's views of the world, but shape the world itself.

And thus, as Vivienne Bianchi invited Alex Terrot, the young french woman may have caught a glimpse of what an emotional Vivieene would have been like, if she was here:

"Maybe if... you just remove your shoes, and roll up your trousers a bit... we can go and walk in the water? Good for... digestion..."

Vivienne Bianchi
    07.09.1994 (WED)Evening Phase
    Clear Skies
    End's Beach - Picnic Tables

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Clear Skies

“Bath brooms...right,” I chuckled, “You finns are weirdos even without all that other stuff. A magical race of weirdos. But sure, a better tasting not-really-Vodka it is then!”

Well, it’s not that I knew all that much about the different types of alcohol. Most of the time I didn’t even really know what I was drinking...But well, it’s not like drinks back there were usually served out of fancy bottles.

“And eh...didn’t mean it had to be just the two of us,” I continued on a more serious note, “Though, maybe not pass it around the whole class. Bottle would be empty before the first round if everyone had some of it.”

The more, the merrier, some would say.

But the more also means the more expensive things become. Especially if only a few people are throwing - in this case - their booze into the mix.

“I thought we were going for the test of courage thing, anyways?”

As we reached the grill, I waved at Souma - and the other boys - and, then…

“R-rabbit food?”

It was my turn to fold my arms across my chest and look offended.

“I know and love my meat much as you do. In fact...”

Dropping my bag and towel next to Pyry, I turn to look at Souma.

“Hey Souma, mind if I help out? Or just take over. Could prepare something for you too, and you deserve to just chill out for a bit as well. Least until the music act starts.”

Souma was still a huge mystery to me. A somewhat creepy mystery, even, considering sunday. But he was also...interesting, in his own way. To some degree, he probably was just like us. He could enjoy certain things just as much. Just that he wasn’t as open and obvious about them.

Or open about anything, really.

“You two too, if you want something,” I said as I turned my gaze towards Travis and smaller Travis, “Whatever you even find so amusing…”

The sentence trailed off towards the end, as halfway through I realized that I probably didn’t even really want to know what those two must have been whispering about.

Not Travis, at least.

I still had to remember the ‘chat’ we had today morning last time.

Though...maybe it was a good opportunity for another second chance.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne
    "Well, guess I should apologize then," he said, with a hint of smile still on his lips. "Didn't mean to offend. Still, I couldn't help it. I just have a weakness for beautiful young women. And, since you are one, I figured... I'd make a pass at you. Considering you haven't run away yet, I suppose that went better than expected.
    "Heh, I like to think I don't scare that easy-!"

A genuine laugh, eyes lighting up again with amusement.

"And like I said, I'll take it as a compliment! I was called lanky a bit before this, so I could probably use the boost to my ego-!"

In the end, as rough as she liked to play with the martial arts and the sports, she was still proud of her more feminine features. Hair this long wasn't easy to keep so healthy after all, so she did have some pride in her appearance-!

---She lets herself have a bit more fun with it as time goes on, even if only by a little.

She hadn't lied when she said she was interested in people after all, the moment the man's eyes move from her to the beach she relaxes a bit more, arms resting on her knees as she leans forward a bit off of her chosen rock.

"And, as for me... these days you could call me a local. I've lived here for a while. Wasn't born here though," the man continued talking while observing the beach. "Hence, I'm not an intruder. You lot are. Simple as that. Seniority takes the crown and all that. But, that doesn't really matter. You guys are fitting in well enough. Despite what some people claim. In fact, you all... seem like pretty interesting kids."
    "You think so?"

She laughs.

"I haven't gotten to interact with the townspeople that much yet... The class is definitely interesting though, everyone's got a pretty unique perspective-! Most in good ways, some in bad, but all interesting in their own ways."

She shrugs, an honest opinion shining through, and-!

"Although I guess this means the townspeople are pretty unique too huh?" eyeing the leaning man as she says it, the taller girl brushes her hair from her eyes, "That's good, if we're already fitting in, it sounds like it'll be a fun year."

---Not that believes they really are, after all...

How happy could a town really be for being the host of a school for "Troubled Youth."

Some people might just think it's like bringing in a bunch of crazy kids...

She shakes her head -dismissing that cynical thought- as the man returns his gaze to her for a moment, and-

"Plus, some of you are easy on the eyes."
    -laughs at it this time.

"You're pretty bold, huh? Well, I'm technically an adult so it's fine if it's me I guess, but don't flirt with the younger ones."

It's a warning, a reminder of reality-!

Although the amused tone with which she says it proves that's not really being hostile about it...

Not yet, anyways.

"As a big sister, one of my duties is protecting the younger ones after all~"

She'll give like she gets.

Where he pokes at her to get some sort of reaction, she pokes back quickly and naturally, the amused ghost of a smile on her face the whole time...

In comparison to the earlier tension, it seems she truly has relaxed a bit more, enough to take her eyes away from him for a moment to regard the class down below herself, as the man responds to her request for his name...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorn
    "--- They call me Hawthorn. Thorn to my friends... though I don't think we're quite there yet."
    ...With his name.

"Hahaha! Nice! I like it!"

It's sincere.

Throwing her words back at her like that was something she could accept, it felt a bit more human, a bit more removed from the obvious air of "enigma" that the man radiated off of himself...

And like she had proved with Xylia, when it came to Liana Skye...

The girl was someone that wanted to believe in the "innate goodness" of other people -even if she had to drag it out of them herself- thus-!

Like always, she does her best.

"Alright then, Hawthorn. Mission is easy, let's see if we can become friends before I have to go back down for the concert."

Ah.

She blinks.

That's right, the concert.

Her eyes light up again as she stands, moving closer to where the man was leaning against the lighthouse -finding a spot about five or so feet away- and leaning back against it herself, one hand outstretched to point down towards the stage.

"I'll be playing down there tonight after all," speaking lightly, it seems she has decided this is a possible path towards 'conversation' for them, "Normally I'm a singer, but I'll be playing guitar tonight."

She grins.

"You'll still be up here working till we leave right? Think you could hear it from up here? Maybe I'll give you a shout-out if you impress me, I gotta get the mic to spread a few cute nicknames around school anyway..."

---For a certain someone down below at the beach.

Perhaps a chill passes through them at those words.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Gaaah! I'm fine, I'm fine! Jesus, Vier, you're totes freaking scary!"
    Oh looks like I won’t have to shock Aleen this time around. However, it did have the effect of sending Tonkori flying and inadvertently burying her. I was unsure if I had to help out Tonkori, but thankfully I didn’t have to as Aleen elected to fix her own mistake. Caleb decided to chuckle a little bit before saying something

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "She's not wrong. You may act mild-mannered. And try not to rock the boat too much. But looking at it deeper... You're something of a bully. Or, at the very least, you have a teasing streak. Are you, perhaps, meaner than you let on?"
    Amusingly once freed, Tonkori decided to hide behind me. Unlike last time, I’m surprised that Tonkori chose to hide behind me. This time around, I would even say I caused Tonkori’s misfortune with her being used as a pseudo puppet and her current burial. I made sure to get rid of my static charge before hesitantly petting Tonkori. I didn’t know how to feel about Tonkori knowing that in a few days, he would kill Aleen and then try to kill Luclle and I. I wanted to hate the dog and its master, but I couldn’t hate the current them for what they don’t know will happen later. So I settled for hesitantly petting Tonkori first, until it was clear she liked or disliked my petting. If she liked it, go ahead and pet normally. If she didn’t, of course stop.

"Totally. Vier's totes a bully underneath all that. I mean, she acts all nice and normal, but the moment you let your guard down she goes on to be all sortsa horrible! If Inacio really likes her, Caleb, you should warn him. Warn him not to fall for that fake smile! It's a smile that hides a sadist!"
    “I wouldn’t call it bullying… That sounds a bit mean… Also I’m not a sadist...”

I didn’t like bullying people like Mercedes West or Xylia Pheme. Unless I had to, I don’t like excessively hurting people’s feelings. I won’t deny that I do enjoy teasing people though as my light cheshire smile indicated. Whether it was for my satisfaction or for their self-improvement, it was one of my preferred ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "... Well. It's good that we have Lucille then. She seems the type who doesn't let bullying stand."
    “Also I don’t know about that Caleb… She seems like the easily bulli-” I pause for a bit to amend my choice in adjectives, “teasable type. The kind that gets flustered when people suggest breaking curfew or something equally harmless.”

At the very least, she seems like the type that gets flustered over the breaking of rules when we’re under normal circumstances. I get the feeling that Sakura Tsukioka knowing Lucille longer might be able to reduce her to a wreck.

"Ayup! It's good we have someone who doesn't let Vier just walk all over he---"
    I looked at Aleen with an eyebrow raised for her sudden stop in her sentence. It took only a moment to figure out why. Lucille and Caleb Montjoy are in close proximity. Aleen was smitten with Caleb Montjoy. Conclusion, Aleen was jealous of Lucille.

"...... Hmmm?"
    I decided to ignore the jealousy that was brewing in front of me and merely acted like nothing was wrong at all.

“C’mon I don’t walk all over people… That sounds like someone else’s thing not mine… Right?”

I looked at Lucille and Caleb Montjoy for some affirmation. From the sound of things, I’m probably going to receive some denials to my claim. Also I decided to not comment on who lets me walk all over them. At this point, there’s probably only one or two people who fit that bill and I’ve decided to spare them… for now.

Elaine Winters

I stepped closer, listening carefully to the on-going argument as I balanced the plates in my hands. So, Mercedes tripped and fell over some cable that was in the sand during setup, and so, reasonably, was angry and lashing out at the perceived responsible party. Kean, as he does, fires back, citing his own grievances over the bent cable and some possible interference with the amplifier.

Things are beginning to escalate beyond ordinary, understandable gripes to more ad-hominiem attacks on a another's person.

So, padding carefully, eyes peeled for any cables lurking in the sand, I gently set down the plates on the stage-side, whistling sharply.

"Hoy, food's here you two bums, where's my tip."

Inacio is insulating himself from the ongoing goat-rodeo, so it's best to distract Kean for a moment and give me a chance to work some damage control.

I walked forward an amount, nodding in greeting to the actress, "It's understandable for an actress of Miss West's caliber to be so concerned about any damage to audience-facing areas, Keany, for as much as weight as we put on acting ability, we live in a visual-oriented society. Facial acting's the name of the game as it stands right now. Appearances are extremely important, and you know that as well as I do."

I smiled at him knowingly, bobbing my eyebrows.

"It's a big old beach, I don't blame ya for setting out the cables in the sand for a minute, probably a big cluster trying to deal with it all, make it look nice and presentable and not in the way, and it's pretty cool you guys got it all set up so fast."

I shrugged, "I mean, I just stepped out for a few minutes to go bullshit with the local thugs and you guys are pretty much done, that's awesome, guy. I know I poked my head in to help out for a bit, and I'm mostly on morale duty because I don't know much about things besides blowing them up, so that's pretty awesome that you guys went ahead and took care of it! You worked hard, so it's rough to have people upset over something you didn't have too much control over!"

I clapped my hands together idly, divert attention to me, deescalate the situation, don't give her an excuse to fire at me because that'll just make the situation explode...

"So, are the cable and the amp going to cause problems as they are now? If they are, we'll do something about it, if they aren't then what's the point of causing a ruckus?"

I turned my head over towards Inacio, "Hey, Inacio! You noticing any issues with the sound check?"

Admittedly, I thought to myself as I made eye contact with Kean, smiling reassuringly, trying to deal with an angry Mercedes up in your grill was probably not good for anyone's mental health.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    Date: 07.09.1994

"Wa ha ha! You're doing great!"

Truly, Subaru, it was just a matter of perspective after all! Swimming is not about skill; it is about being comfortable with the water and yourself!

"Hahahaha-ow-ow-OW-!"

Too tight! You're holding on just a bit too tightly, Subaru...

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "A-ah, umm... Miss Prushka, Mister Dove... I-I... I-I am very humbled and grateful. F-for your assistance today, and, umm..."

"... F-for saving me despite how I attacked you... I-I know it was quite mean of me, but I was simply retaliating for how you treated me, a-and taking your advice in how I should---"
    "Aha, it's fine, Subaru! Everyone was just playing around! Except - ow - maybe not so tight..."

We watch together for a moment as the battle spreads to other corners of the beach.

"Hah! Don't worry about Colt and Sakura. They're, um. Y'know. Lovey-dovey."

...really though. This is so lovey-dovey it kinda hurts to look at.

"But hey, didja notice? The second you got distracted from it, it got easier, didn't it? Just push one foot forward, the other back, splish splash. Arms out across the surface, or just under. Then breathe deep, straighten out and let the air in your lungs buoy you upwards, and there you have it! You're already swimming! It's one of those things you gotta do without thinking about it too hard..."

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “I…I’ll go get the tube.”
    "Hold it."

I haven't talked to this person at all. In fact, the only reason I know is name is because I listened to the teacher take attendance today. Thus, I have no idea about his circumstances or anything like that.

However.

I can't ignore that feeling in his voice. The one that's simultaneously the same as and completely different from Vivi's. In fact... it's more like Alexstrazsa than anything. There's no way I could leave such a voice alone.

"Doing the lion's share of the work and then withdrawing just as you're being thanked... that's no good at all."

Who is John Dove? More importantly, what's his major malfunction?

"Do you need to learn how to swim too, John Dove? Part of it 'having fun'. If everyone isn't happy and tuckered out by the end, then no one should be."

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Hey Souma, mind if I help out? Or just take over. Could prepare something for you too, and you deserve to just chill out for a bit as well. Least until the music act starts. You two too, if you want something. Whatever you even find so amusing…”
    Hwan cackled at that, waving his hand dismissively.

"Oh, nothing at all~" the white-haired boy replied, wiggling his eyebrows. "In whole other news: Hey Pyry! Nice going! Moving pretty quick though, hah!"

Hearing that, Pyry snorted and mimed picking up a rock and throwing it a the boy, who let out a series of short whoops and scuffled away in a manner of a crab for some reason. Travis, on the other hand, laughed his ass off at this exchange for some reason. Then he locked eyes with Pyry, almost like telling something to the boy with just his stare... and the blonde athlete simply shrugged. Whatever was going on here, it seemed like some sort of wordless communication - an exchange between two guys that was, perhaps, better off not known.

"Yeah yeah, wait up, you loser," Travis yelled after Hwan, heading his way. "The cooler's not even that way!"

Then, over his shoulder, the thug-like boy threw a glance towards Hisa.

"And eh... we'll pass. Souma's been fattening us up for hours, anyways," he replied, a vulgar smirk rising to his lips. "So you just enjoy the thing you got going on. We might be asshats, but there's a time and place for everything, yeah? Smell ya later, and insult ya later, Bacon~"

And with that, he waved his hands, also taking off from the grill.

Pyry simply shook his head after the two, before looking at Hisa.

"You know, they're morons and annoying as hell, but not so bad once you get to know them," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Just gotta get to the same wavelength as they are on."

Meanwhile, Souma had, surprisingly enough, set aside all his tools and even the apron he had been wearing over his bare chest. Not only that, but he had changed his shorts to a speedo at... some point. Some point the two of them hadn't been looking. Meaning that while Hisa and Pyry had been focused on Hwan and Travis, the one-eyed boy had been completely buck-naked behind them, calmly changing into his swimwear. In the middle of the beach. Absolutely not bothered whatsoever that his dingaling had been out for everyone to see.

And somehow, it didn't even feel that surprising when it was Souma.

"....... Thank you," Souma uttered, patting the grill and looking at Hisa. "Then...... some wings. And a burger. I will return in... 20 minutes. Enjoy your... cooking... heh."

And with that, he turned around on his heels and started off towards the ocean.

Pyry looked after the boy with a nonplussed expression, folding his arms across his chest.

"You know... I have no idea what goes on in that one's head, though."

Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "Alright then, Hawthorn. Mission is easy, let's see if we can become friends before I have to go back down for the concert. I'll be playing down there tonight after all. Normally I'm a singer, but I'll be playing guitar tonight. You'll still be up here working till we leave right? Think you could hear it from up here? Maybe I'll give you a shout-out if you impress me, I gotta get the mic to spread a few cute nicknames around school anyway..."
    Hawthorn chuckled quietly at those words.

"Oh? A shout-out from the eyecatching guitarist on the stage? Well, that certainly sounds like something that would get my heart pumping. Figuratively speaking. So, how could I say no to that? Guess I'll just have to do my best to... impress you, hah," the man spoke, still focusing his attention to the beach below. "Still, you say that you are an adult, but at the same time, that's a rather teenager-like notion of romance. Not that I dislike it. Simplicity between men and women is... appreciated."

It was hard to say just how much of his words were serious, and how much of it was just him flapping his gums... and how much of it was Hawthorn verbally trying to figure out what sort of person had joined his company. He definitely seemed more relaxed than before, though perhaps relaxed was the wrong word. He was more akin to the string of a bow that had been pulled back as far as it go, and with an arrow nocked on it. Only now, the tension on the string had been reduced just a little bit.

"Still, if it's your desire as a 'big sister' to monopolize my attention, I'm fine with that. Having eyes for too many women just leads to trouble down the line," Hawthorn continued, a slightly sardonic hint of a grin on his face. "So, have no fear. This mysterious stranger will be your little secret. I've no interest in showing myself to others."

He snorted.

"Not that I had interest in showing myself to you. But, these things happen. And this seems like an interesting enough development."

Looking slightly like he wanted to busy his hands with something, the man then fished out his pack of cigarettes from within the pocket of his coat, and lit another one up. The pin-like burning light appeared in the slowly dimming evening, along with that familiar wisp of smoke rising the clouds. After that, he pocket the "Lucky Bastard" brand pack, and glanced towards the girl sitting on the rock.

"But, you're right. The townspeople are as unique as you lot are. Everybody has a secret or two to hide. That's just how it is everywhere," Hawthorn continued. "You never know what you might find if you look into the right garage, or the right storage room, or the right basement. See, people have this habit of thinking their skeletons won't walk out of their closets."

Laughing quietly, darkly, like soft velvet, the man took a drag.

"--- Unfortunately, when it's night, the skeletons love to come out to play."

Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne
    "Still, you say that you are an adult, but at the same time, that's a rather teenager-like notion of romance. Not that I dislike it. Simplicity between men and women is... appreciated."
    "That's the beauty of being eighteen, technically an adult, but I can blame my more questionable moments on teenage ignorance-!"

She laughs, embracing the truth behind those words in her own way.

While it's pretty clear he's still trying to figure her out, Liana doesn't seem to care that much about it, or rather, she just seems to be enjoying the conversation with someone who turned out to be surprisingly normal for all of his abnormalities-!

Indeed-!

"Still, if it's your desire as a 'big sister' to monopolize my attention, I'm fine with that. Having eyes for too many women just leads to trouble down the line," Hawthorn continued, a slightly sardonic hint of a grin on his face. "So, have no fear. This mysterious stranger will be your little secret. I've no interest in showing myself to others."
    "Sounds like you're talking from experience," a light, teasing grin crossing her face, the girl folds her arms for a second as she straightens her back against the lighthouse, "Bit of a womanizer past perhaps?"

Probably.

That's how flirts tended to be, still-!

"But alright mysterious stranger, glad to see you embrace your mysteriousness."

"Not that I had interest in showing myself to you. But, these things happen. And this seems like an interesting enough development."
    To that she just laughs at first.

"I do my best to be entertaining. New school, new surroundings, new people, might as well make a splash when I show up right? No one wants to fade into the background of life-!"

So saying, she watches as he retracts another cigarette -habit already formed- before diverting her eyes back down to her classmates below, respecting his choice not to stare by not staring herself...

Of course she's not sure what he's looking at down there, but...

'All of it,' is probably the correct answer, even so...

"But, you're right. The townspeople are as unique as you lot are. Everybody has a secret or two to hide. That's just how it is everywhere," Hawthorn continued. "You never know what you might find if you look into the right garage, or the right storage room, or the right basement. See, people have this habit of thinking their skeletons won't walk out of their closets."
    She blinks.

...Well.

This is certainly interesting too.

"--- Unfortunately, when it's night, the skeletons love to come out to play."
    "Hah... Well damn, hearing that just makes me want to discover a few..."

People are like that when it comes to secrets.

The urge to "know" is a very human one, after all-!

"Is that what you do around here? Investigate all the skeletons in the closets?"

Garage.

Storage Room.

Basement.

Obvious places.

Generic places.

But a bit too specific to not be listed on purpose...

Well, not like he wasn't obviously hiding his own either...

She laughs as she shakes her head, one hand rising to knock on the lighthouse behind them as if to draw attention to it.

"Did a bit of exploring myself yesterday, skated around a bit to get the lay of the land, and heard a song coming from here."

She taps the lighthouse again, then-

"But the door was locked... Pretty heavy duty lock too, so someone doesn't want anyone coming in... Know anything about that?"

She winks.

"Seems like it might be the sort of thing you would know."

She was, after all...

Naturally curious.

"Although, I'm a fan of stories of all sorts, so if you've got a good one for the new girl in town, feel free to share."

Since he brought it up, she can only assume he wanted to tell her a few-!

She certainly wouldn't stop him.
    Last edited by Airen; May 10th, 2020 at 08:00 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Date: 07.09.1994

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    “Hold it.”
    John stops. The words carry an unknown weight, so he stops. An alarm pings in his mind. Did he do something wrong? Did he say the wrong thing at some point? It is not as if those words truly fill his mind, but his inner workings do enter a state of alert and engage “situational management mode”.

Just like his body language is entirely designed and performed without extraneous, undesired movements, his mind becomes calm like an ocean without wind, almost entirely devoid of idle thoughts. For most of his life, John has lived a life of lies, of projecting empty shells of emotions he does not truly possess, and of pretending to care about things and people that mean nothing to him. Of pretending to see the world the same way everybody else does.

It is almost impossible to break out from the only way he is able to do things.

“Even if Miss Iburi does not seem to need it anymore, it does belong to someone, right? It would not be right to let it drift away.”

“Doing the lion's share of the work and then withdrawing just as you're being thanked...that's no good at all. Do you need to learn how to swim too, John Dove? Part of it 'having fun'. If everyone isn't happy and tuckered out by the end, then no one should be.”
    “No, I can swim just fine. Thank you for your concern. Moreover, I do not think I need to be thanked for having common sense.”

John Dove seeks not the will of others, neither good nor ill, for he believes himself unable of either.

“I can only keep Miss Iburi afloat; you are the one teaching her how to swim.”

Then, a rote complimentary sentence that also diverts interest away from him and towards the other person. Everything carefully decided and performed in search of a specific result—spontaneity does not exist in the mind of John Dove, because “to be spontaneous” is “to be yourself”, to project that which makes you, you. However, he is mostly devoid of such a thing.

Everything that once made “the child that may or may not have been named John Dove” was washed away by moonlight.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Thanks to Vier’s extreme efforts, Aleen springs back to life, launching into a tirade about how Vier is a bully. Honestly, Lucille can see it. Well, see it from the Vier of the present. The Vier back then was practically a robot, but this one was more animated, so to speak. A girl willing to prod at places best left alone. She wonders if that sort of “playfulness” was part of a persona or just how the girl was when the situation wasn’t serious…

"... Well. It's good that we have Lucille then," the boy commented. "She seems the type who doesn't let bullying stand."
    “Also I don’t know about that Caleb… She seems like the easily bulli-teasable type. The kind that gets flustered when people suggest breaking curfew or something equally harmless.”
    “I’m not that strict…” While that was certainly true, she wasn’t that much of a stickler to the rules… “I mean, bullying’s intolerable, but I’m not going to get on your case if you want to stay up or anything like that… much.”

Okay, maybe she is a stickler to the rules. But sometimes you had to break them, and doing incorrect things in the name of the greater good was always justified! If you have to go out at night to go vampire hunting, you did it, no questions asked.

“Besides, we’re having a test of courage tonight, and I’m definitely going…” Okay, maybe a part of it was just her being worried, but absolutely nobody in the world would have any grounds to call her a coward. Nobody.

"...... Hmmm?"
    “S-something wrong?”

Lucille is completely oblivious to the logic behind Aleen’s glare, and so she feels bad at offending the girl and utterly confused on why it happened. She ends up distracting herself watching the fiasco between Kean and Mercedes and wondering if she should intervene, but Elaine swoops in instead.

She breathes a sigh of relief. Her track record with Xylia has made her doubt her ability to successfully mediate, but if things really get bad, she’ll walk over there herself.

“C’mon I don’t walk all over people… That sounds like someone else’s thing not mine… Right?”
    “I think the victim’s the one with better perspective here,” she says with a laugh.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêu
    "Booo... you're no fun to tease, Essie! You should get totes embarrassed, not be all logic-y 'bout it, for realsies! I mean... we're at the beach, right? It's 'bout having fun and laughing at silly stuff, not being serious! B-besides, I mean... He ain't bad looking?"
    "That-that's irrelevant," Elise took a deep breath, and continued, "First aid is very serious. We're here to have fun, yes, absolutely, but it's not fun if someone gets seriously hurt. Sometimes you need to be serious in order to have more fun."

Elise punctuated her statement with a curt nod.

Also, making out with comatose people is creepy, and also Jake is also like way, way too old. No, just, no, Ubon.

Jake began to recover from the torpedo strike that had left him in a delirious state, coughing up a bit of water, but his grin said that he was fine. He struggled to get back up on his feet, still somewhat disoriented, but Elise and Ubon were able to keep him steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Briggs
    "G-guess you dudes saved my bacon there by going all Baywatch on me. Thanks. Though, gotta say, you dudes are pretty strong! I'm not the lightest guy around. Especially you, Elise. You'd make a fine David Hasselhoff, dude. Oh, uh... no offense meant, dude. I'm not saying you got like chest hair or something. Just that... you know, I guess I wouldn't want to face you in arm wrestling!"
    You-you could've just stopped at David Hasselhoff!

"N-none taken! I-I'll choose to take that as a positive comparison to his character, Mitch Buchannon, and that I'd be an excellent lifeguard," said Elise as she and Ubon helped him further up the beach, "You should probably take a few minutes to recover from that before you head back into the water, just to be safe."

She glanced back out to the water to check on the melee disaster, catching a pleading look from John for help, although it was starting to look like he and Prushka had the situation under control, as Subaru seemed to have relaxed after her initial plunge into the water when John fell. Prushka seemed to be helping Subaru along, and John had retrieved the inflatable tube and... wait, was that Sakura and Colt out there now too?

"I don't think anyone's in imminent danger out in the water right now," said Elise as she surveyed the beach, "But we should still check in on them just in case. Think you can make it the rest of the way, Jake, or are you still feeling a little unsteady?"

Hisa Momoi

“He is quite mysterious, that’s for sure.”

Turning my attention back to the grill and Pyry, I stretched my arms, then stepped behind the stand.

“His presence reeks of danger...well, not necessarily because of how he behaves, but rather, how he doesn’t,” I explained while looking through the various ingredients, “how calm and collected he is, how all his words and actions are carefully measured...And if you don’t pay attention to him, he’d just disappear from sight on a moment’s notice.”

The variety of ingredients available was just amazing. Not that they were really rare - I’ve seen pretty much all of them back home, but having them amassed here all together just felt...weird. A bit like a waste, because I was sure that a good amount of it won’t even be used. And being spoilt for choice like this...Well, it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. Meant that I could make just about whatever I wanted out of them...With only time being the limiting factor, to some degree.

“At the same time, he doesn’t seem all that...cold. He seems to care for others to some degree.”

The kinds of meat available raised some questions though.

And also answered some, possibly.

“Also...judging by these, he also likes hunting,” I gestured towards the meat in question, “quite some fresh game meat here, and considering how he went to the forest last night, well...Can guess what he was up to.”

Some were easier to recognize, some were less. Some were pretty easy to hunt...While some made me wonder how he did it all in one night with the clean meat now being on the table here.

“One kind of a hobby, I suppose.”

After making sure that the fire was burning properly under the grill, it was time to get started. There was a lot to do, since I certainly wanted to make the most out of all this - there wasn’t going to be another opportunity like this after all, not in the close future, not unless we were to repeat this week again.

“Anyways...what was that with those other two? You already developed a code language? Or mental talk?”

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Hey, Inacio! You noticing any issues with the sound check?"
    Inacio, who had been attempting to shield himself from the ensuing fight by completely submerging himself into the sound check grunted in surprise, and lifted his eyes to meet those of Elaine. A clear wave of relief washed over the Lusitanian, and he set his guitar aside onto the stand nearby. Then, from on top of the stage, he flashed a thumbs up towards the blonde.

"Mm, no problems so far. Just gotta pat down the amp and I think we're good to go," Inacio responded. "While the cable might be banged up, at least it's working now. And honestly, sandy beach isn't somewhere to even fix stuff like that... we'd need to take look at it back at school."

Well, at the very least, it seemed like a worst case scenario had been avoided, where this little accident would have affected the gig that was supposed to happen later. Of course, that didn't exactly defuse the situation either. Both Kean and Mercedes had gotten to the point of throwing personal insults, and knowing the personalities of each other, they would be hard-pressed to back down at this point. Both were stubborn to a fault, and thus a simple meeting like this already had explosive sparks flying everywhere.

Figuratively, of course... Thank God for that.

"Hmph. It's not my fault, Blondie, if Miss Movie Star is too busy pointing her nostrils towards the sky that she can't look where she's walking," Kean said and let out a harrumph. "Why were you even trying to cut through here in the first place? Of course it'd cause problems, since we're still setting up!"

Mercedes snorted, and her eyes grew in magnitudes of coldness. At the same time, the starlet folded her arms across her chest, shooting a downright hostile glare towards Kean. Or, rather, she shot a glare she usually reserved for other students around here. As usual, Mercedes West wasn't looking to play nice with anybody, and every word said against was deemed as a challenge.

"Like, it ain't your business where I was going," Mercedes retorted. "If I'm, like, in a hurry somewhere, I'm not gonna start looking around if some dumbos have set up trip-wires everywhere. Gawd, it's like none of you have ever set up a stage before..."

Though she didn't seem to want to say where she had been going so carelessly, Mercedes did momentarily glance towards another group that had set up nearby... a group of Caleb Montjoy, Aleen King, Vier Wolff and Lucille Faraday. Perhaps she had been going to meet with the blonde girl. After all, just yesterday, they had had that rather epic badminton match which had ended up with the actress somehow acknowledging Lucille in her own, haughty way.

Kean rolled his eyes as he sat down to the edge of the stage, taking up his plate that Elaine had brought and busying himself with eating its contents. Inacio had done the same, though he stayed standing... his eyes clearly signaling that he was prepared to run if it came down to that.

"Seriously, Blondie, can you just go throw her into the ocean or something?" Kean grumbled, glaring daggers at the starlet. "We hardly need any more nonsense right now..."

Mercedes, on the other hand, let out a cold chuckle and popped a piece of gum into her mouth, chewing on it as if to relax herself, or to give herself something into which to take her anger out on. That violent way she was popping up those balloons too... it didn't exactly promise anything good.

"Ugh, as if. Like, I may not exactly like Jock of the Year over here, but at least she knows that a gal's biggest asset is her face - and you don't go 'round putting that in danger," Mercedes said, shooting a glance towards Elaine. "And believe me, if you try to lay a hand on me, shorstack..."

Mercedes's glare was ice cold as she stared right to Kean.

"... I'll claw your eyes out, you hear?"

While this was going on, Inacio let out a much-telling sigh and shook his head. The gesture and the stare that he gave towards Elaine told what he thought of this all happening right now, and how this argument must have been going around in circles for a while like this. Indeed, judging by how the duo acted and how they traded insults back and forth, neither willing to back down, it was a veritable perpetual motion machine of anger.

Still... there might have been one surprise in this moment.

And that was how Mercedes was now looking at Elaine with an odd look in her eyes. Half of it was her usual stuff, looking at other people like they were drooling idiots dressed in garbage bags... but the rest of it was much harder to put a finger on. There was a little bit of surprise in there, along with hint of acknowledgement.

... And that nod she gave to Elaine looked almost like the starlet begrudgingly accepted something.

"Hmm... not half-bad, though. Like, I'd give it 8 out of 10, tomboy."

Vier Wolff & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “I think the victim’s the one with better perspective here.”
    Caleb chuckled quietly and nodded.

"Indeed. As much as you try to hide it, you do have a rather strong personality," the boy said to Vier. "I'm sure Aleen has taken the full brunt of it. After all, the two of you have been joined at the hip while we've been here, no? So she'd be the first target whenever you wanted to bul... tease someone."

It seemed like there were no allies to be found here!

Well, with the exception of one. The petting from Vier had been most gratefully accepted by Tonkori, who was now leaning against the girl with a blissful look on her face - tongue lolling out and tail wagging dreamily thanks to the attention she was receiving. Indeed, from the looks of it, this tiny dog much preferred this sort of pampering rather than the more... enthusiastic... variation that Aleen had performed. So, with the magic of her fingers, Vier had secured at least one friend against this suddenly formed anti-bullying trio.

Though how much of an use Tonkori was in this situation was anyone's guess.

"Mm, yeah, for sure. Vier's the scary type who doesn't actually say her threats out loud, but instead just sorta leaves the hidden meaning behind her words hanging in the air," Aleen responded vaguely, narrowed eyes still glued to Lucille. "So yeah, while she might not technically walk all over people, she makes them lie down on the ground themselves by making it seem like if they don't, some totes horrible stuff's gonna happen to them. Like geez, I can only feer sorry for any guys she gets the hots on, hmph!"

... Perhaps there was some baggage from Tuesday that was being unloaded here.

Aleen King finally smelling blood in the water and being able to strike back at Vier for how things had gone at the Diner yesterday... or, rather, her yesterday. For Vier that had been much longer time ago. Nevertheless, with a golden opportunity like this in front of her, and with two witnesses to testify if Vier decided to verbally throttle her, Aleen was getting rather confident!

Though, still, the main focus of her attention was Lucille.

And her current closeness to Caleb.

"Still, hmmm~..." Aleen let out, narrowing her eyes at the blonde once more. "... Can't help but to notice you sure like cozying up to Caleb, huh? That's pretty forward of you, Lucille~"

Despite the intonation in her voice, Aleen didn't sound amused at all.

Hisa Momoi

“Also...judging by these, he also likes hunting. Quite some fresh game meat here, and considering how he went to the forest last night, well...Can guess what he was up to. One kind of a hobby, I suppose.”
    Pyry laughed for some reason as he sat down on the sand near the grill, taking a lounging position where he could keep an eye out on Hisa and the food while relaxing under the direct light of the evening sun.

"Oh yeah, that. Man, Souma freaked us out last night when got back to school," the boy said, grinning a bit. "See, we were having a bit of a get-together with the boys... just flabbing our gums and having few beers that Hwan got us, the usual... when we hear this rustling coming out of the forest. Of course, we get sorta spooked, and even I get all tense and ready for anything..."

--- The boy held a momentary pause for a dramatic effect.

"... And then Souma Goddamn Nubatama walks out of the shadows, covered in blood and wearing a hunting knife and surgical gloves. Guy looked like a frickin' serial killer, I tell you. He strolls right up to us and our little bonfire, asks for a beer, and once he's had his first sip..." Pyry snorted in amusement. "... He asks us to help him out, since carrying pieces of moose all by yourself is quite the hassle. And it wasn't just moose meat either that he had. There was all kinds of stuff - some meats I didn't even recognize. Guy's a pro, though I have no idea how he got all that stuff with just that pigsticker of his."

Looking after the aforementioned boy as he walked towards the ocean, passing Elise and Ubon as he did, Pyry was silent for a moment... only for his eyes to narrow slightly.

"And the weirdest thing is..." he said so quietly that only Hisa could hear. "... I think he's just a normal human. No weirdness like us two."

For a moment, the wind felt oddly colder.

"Anyways...what was that with those other two? You already developed a code language? Or mental talk?”
    Shaking out of his momentary thought, Pyry raised an eyebrow before chuckling at Hisa's question.

"Oh, that? Nah, that's just Travis being as ass, like usual. He knows the expression he had," he responded with a mysterious grin. "So yeah, no weirdness like that there either. Though he did know about whiskey a surprising amount. Wouldn't have guessed that from a thug that comes from the streets - though then again, I hear he got arrested robbing a liquor store."

The blonde boy waved his hands dismissively.

"Anyways, pay it no mind. Just stuff between guys. Nothing to get worried about."

--- Well, that answer didn't say much anything.

Blog Entries
    John Dove, Prushka & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “This is only the beginning!”
    Sakura giggled like a maniac as she kept swimming backwards, keeping her eyes on Colt while a smile that was somewhere between devious and bubblingly cheerful was plastered on her face. Though she kept making taunting gestures towards Colt, both with her hands and with her tongue (her favorite was sticking her tongue out and pulling down the skin from one while letting out a weird sound), she was also clearly having the time of her life with the boy chasing her. There was no mistaking that delighted laugh that just didn't seem to stop.

Though she way she moved... she was obviusly teasing the boy.

Jumping to and fro from the water, diving underneath the waves at one place only to bounce back up after having given Colt the skip, dipping body over the surface just for a moment so that Colt caught a glimpse of her before zooming backwards in that surprisingly speedy style of hers... she was practically like a dragonfly dancing over the water.

All for the sake of running the boy ragged while cheerfully giggling at his expense.

--- It was this sort of cacophony that served as a backdrop for the conversation between Prushka, John and Subaru.

"O-oh? Too tight? I-I apologize, Miss Prushka, I did not mean to---" Subaru hurriedly went to apologize profusedly... and ended up sinking beneath the shallow waves for just a moment. "Blblblblblblbllrrghl!?"

There was still lot to learn here.

Luckily, she did manage to get herself floating again - half thanks to what had been taught to her, half because she had Prushka's hands which to cling to.

Too bad she was now clinging to them just as hard as before, thanks to her surprising dip into the ocean.

"Doing the lion's share of the work and then withdrawing just as you're being thanked... that's no good at all. Do you need to learn how to swim too, John Dove? Part of it 'having fun'. If everyone isn't happy and tuckered out by the end, then no one should be."
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    “No, I can swim just fine. Thank you for your concern. Moreover, I do not think I need to be thanked for having common sense. I can only keep Miss Iburi afloat; you are the one teaching her how to swim.”
    Subaru glanced between the two, and some sort of confrontation that was brewing between. With Prushka being too stubborn to let something like this slide, and with John being too stubborn to let himself get dragged into Prushka's pace. Clearly, this wouldn't end well. This wouldn't well at all. With an explosive personality and a subdued personality that was still an explosive one coming into contact... with no wonder that Subaru's eyes jumped form one of them to another, as the girl tried to decide what to do.

Though, when her eyes finally settled to John... a slightly sad look passed by her face.

Almost like she had realized something. Perhaps erroneously, but still, realized something.

About what might have caused the situation they were in.

"O-oh, well... I-it is quite alright, Miss Prushka. I... I understand if Mister Dove wants some peace and quiet on his own," Subaru interjected, catching the attention of both of them. "So, um, you do not need to be harsh on him. Please?"

There was a quiet sniffle, and Subaru stared at the ocean she was floating in, looking somewhat downcast.

"After all... it is a bit hard to have fun in the ocean with someone who cannot even swim, is it not?" the messy-haired girl asked.

--- Yes, there might have been a misunderstanding here regarding John's intentions.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "N-none taken! I-I'll choose to take that as a positive comparison to his character, Mitch Buchannon, and that I'd be an excellent lifeguard. You should probably take a few minutes to recover from that before you head back into the water, just to be safe."
    Jake chuckled and feigned making a short salute towards the brunette.

"Got it, dude. If it's the life-guard's orders, I'll be sure to sit my butt down and just take it easy for a moment," he said, before a sort of mischievous glint appeared in his eyes. "... Maybe I should take a moment to think how to get back at that Torpedo Midget. You don't just mess with Jake the Drake like that and get away with it, mufufufu..."

While the janitor sat down on the beach again to rest his body and to twirl his invisible, non-existent cartoon villain moustache, Ubon on the other hand watched over Elise surprisingly warmly. The cyanhead had her hands on her hips and with a big grin on her face (what else?) but there was also something else in that look - almost like she was proud of the girl.

"Mm, I think Jakkie here's more to the point than he thinks, for realsies!" Ubon said. "I mean... you'd make a pretty awesome lifeguard, Essie - totes for realsies! You got the strength, you got the brains, and you know how to look after others... it's like you were made to save people!"

The girl giggled to herself.

"I can totes see you running all slow-mo on the beach, wearing one of those red swimsuits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "I don't think anyone's in imminent danger out in the water right now. But we should still check in on them just in case. Think you can make it the rest of the way, Jake, or are you still feeling a little unsteady?"
    The janitor made a reassuring gesture with his hand.

"I'm fine, dudes - don'cha worry 'bout old Jake. I mean, I'm a janitor for you guys - and tougher than I look," he said, playfully slapping his bicep. "So you go ahead and rescue those dudettes, but be sure to watch that you don't---"

"......... Don't worry. I'll help."

Jake's words were cut off completely by a new voice that came from right behind Elise's, sounding like it was way too close for comfort. After all, if something had gotten that close to her withotu making any alerting sounds, what else were they capable of? With everyone whirling around to face the source of this new voice however, the truth became very clear... and while it answered some questions, it also raised others.

For example, the speaker had been Souma Nubatama. That explained how he had arrived without any sound.

The thing was, however... Souma Nubatama was wearing a pair of black speedos.

Very, very tight speedos.

With the rest of his toned and muscle-bound body being completely naked, except for his eyepatch.

"....... I was going for a... swim... anyway..." Souma added, as if that would have explained everything. "............ Heh."

Liana Skye
    [BGM]

"Hah... Well damn, hearing that just makes me want to discover a few... Is that what you do around here? Investigate all the skeletons in the closets?"
    Hawthorn nodded, that same sardonic smile still on his lips.

"Exactly. I'm the type of nosy troublemaker who sticks his nose into business he shouldn't. Then, I get in trouble for it. It's a charmed life, honestly," he answered with hint of self-irony. "Easy to keep myself up in decent shape. After all, one wants to avoid getting hit by a buckshot when hauling ass. Still, it doesn't win me much in terms of friends. But, guess I'm wrong there too... I did hit quite the jackpot today."

The mysterious stare of Hawthorn's eyes took in the look, shape and presence of Liana. If the man had been studying her for now and testing her by prodding her, this felt like he had finalized whatever "profile" he had been building up in his head and stashed it away. Apparently it was good, however, since his attitude didn't change - if anything, he leaned against the wall of the lighthouse in a bit more relaxed way. A part of it felt like he had deemed Liana no source of danger for himself...

... Though part also felt like he was the type to naturally make such mistakes around women.

"Did a bit of exploring myself yesterday, skated around a bit to get the lay of the land, and heard a song coming from here. But the door was locked... Pretty heavy duty lock too, so someone doesn't want anyone coming in... Know anything about that? Seems like it might be the sort of thing you would know. Although, I'm a fan of stories of all sorts, so if you've got a good one for the new girl in town, feel free to share."
    Hawthorn looked up at the lighthouse, rubbing his chin as he did. The cigarette smoked quietly on his lips, the trail of smoke traipsing towards the skies unhindered.

"So, this place huh...? There are few keys there. The hotel's heiress has one. The old broad in a wheelchair has another," Hawthorn answered. "Though, if you want to head inside and find something, you'll need... to bring the right light with you."

He chuckled again, though this time as if he had told some sort of joke only he understood.

"After all, not every stain can be seen with the naked eye... sometimes you need a little bit of help," he added.

Then, after making a dismissive gesture with his right hand, the man took a drag off of his cigarette, the thing now smoking between his fingers.

"Still, as for others, there's too many to count. You'd have to be more specific than that," Hawthorn added. "... Not that I'd talk about lot of them. Since, you know, they are work-related things I worked hard on."

He snorted to himself.

"I would need some sort of incentive, like money."

Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

"The right light, huh?"

Interesting.

In the end he had been surprisingly cooperative, although she was sure this particular mystery wasn't one of the ones he would be more guarded about, even so...

"Still, as for others, there's too many to count. You'd have to be more specific than that," Hawthorn added. "... Not that I'd talk about lot of them. Since, you know, they are work-related things I worked hard on. I would need some sort of incentive, like money."
    This proposal...

Is an interesting one in it's own way.

Just as Hawthorne had seemed to finally relax around her in a more true way, the dark-haired girl seems to have long come to the conclusion that the man is not a threat in this instance, and that she can talk more freely to him because of what he is, after all...

---His decision to relax around her sort of proved it.

He really might just be a simple sort of guy.

Unfortunately...

Money.

Her lack of it was coming back to haunt her for the second time today-!

"Well, I've got about $20 to my name, and not many specific stories to ask about... But does this mean that my Mysterious Stranger is hirable as a detective if I managed to find some money? Would I be able to find you a second time after today?"

She doesn't have the money to hire an assistant right now, but she could probably get it...

Job at the hotel perhaps?

She could cook and clean, it shouldn't be too hard...

"Although..."

---He's mysterious, but his nature makes her want to ask this question, after all, his behavior is that of someone who just might know the answer to it. He is someone who clearly monitors the goings-on in town, especially of those he considers to be newcomers, if that is the case, yes...

If that is the case...

Perhaps she could...

"There is one story I kind of want to ask about I suppose... It might be something you'd know, it might not, might be something you'd keep guarded, might not, so I'm just gonna go for it, k?"

So saying, she chuckles to herself, straightens her posture, and...

"I did come to this town for one reason besides well... The mental health," tapping her head at this, she does her best to remain mostly humorous about that particular aspect, "I'm actually looking for someone, my mom... She definitely wasn't born here in Road's End, so she'd be what you consider an outsider... Might look a bit like me, might not, could have changed her appearance a bit..."

She smiles again, aware that she is trusting a stranger in a sense, but...

Well, this was a good opportunity.

Measured risk, he seemed to like her at least, so-!

"Might be going by the name 'Hikari Shouko.' Scientist type, probably likes wearing lab-coats and using vocabulary you'd need a translator to really understand... Seen anyone like that in town?"

She laughs, just a bit...

"Not that that's much to go off of, I know..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “No, I can swim just fine. Thank you for your concern. Moreover, I do not think I need to be thanked for having common sense.”

“I can only keep Miss Iburi afloat; you are the one teaching her how to swim.”
    Not good enough. What's with those hollow words? That dispassionate look in your eyes that says something completely different? This is worse than Alexstrazsa's painted-on smile.

It's clear now. Regardless of how he may act at other times, right now, John Dove is that kind of person.

The kind of human I hate the most.

"In that case, should I also teach you how to say what you mean? Or do you think it's fine speak so disingenuously-?"

It stops.

My prying is interrupted by something far more urgent. In any other situation I could ignore it and prioritize the offense before me, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "O-oh, well... I-it is quite alright, Miss Prushka. I... I understand if Mister Dove wants some peace and quiet on his own. So, um, you do not need to be harsh on him. Please?"

"After all... it is a bit hard to have fun in the ocean with someone who cannot even swim, is it not?"
    Oh no!

Oh no no no no no!

"No no no no no no no! That's not it! Stop that train of thought right now! Then toss it into the ocean!"

Forget about Dove. This is an emergency! Critical failure! There is to be no crying while I'm here!

"It's definitely fun! Super duper fun! Just being able to hold someone's hand and teach them how to swim again is extremely fun! In fact it's getting me all nostalgic for when I learned to swim by holding onto my big sister... so you're not annoying; you're adorable! Look, just, hold on a sec."

Hah... okay, deep breath. Ranting is harder when you need that air to stay afloat.

I squeeze my eyes shut, duck down below the water, then... turn, draw Subaru's arms across my shoulders, and clasp them together.

"Bwah!" When I next surface, Subaru is nearly holding onto my back as if it's a piggy-back ride. I look up and lock eyes with her. "There. Now you won't sink when you talk. Don't worry about me; I've done this with kids that couldn't even walk, and even they managed it. Plus it's more secure, right? Just hold on as tight as you want."

"As for Mr. Dove over here..." Did you think I forgot? Now I can hold onto Subaru with one hand and point accusingly with the other. "If he'd wanted peace and quiet, he wouldn't have made a beeline for all the rowdy swimmers right off the bat. And if he didn't like you, he wouldn't have tried to help you join in on the water fight."

He's certainly not antisocial. Or selfish. From the glimpses I saw from the table, he was playing just fine with Ubon. If Ubon likes him, then he can't be rotten, so...

"What you really wanted... was to have fun together with everyone, wasn't it, John Dove?"

That's the most frustrating thing. The part I hate most about humans.

"If you don't say it, then people won't acknowledge how you feel even if it's obvious. Out of some sense of misguided 'politeness'. But I don't care about awful stuff like that. I won't laugh at your feelings even if they're super embarrassing. And neither will Subaru. So c'mon. There's still time before the concert, y'know."

I tilt my head, as if shifting the angle of that passive face will somehow unlock what's within.

"So. What do you really want to do?"

Hisa Momoi

With an industrial amount of bacon laid down on tinfoil and now cooking on the grill, I started preparing the other ingredients.

“Yeah, was with him when he went into the forest yesterday evening. Guess that’s a mystery unraveled then.”

Did he spent the whole night hunting different animals just so that he could have all this meat to grill for us tonight?

As weird of an approach that is...I guess that was kind of nice of him.

Having melted a slab of butter in a small bowl, I started mixing it with some herbs, pepper, garlic and a hint of chili - not exactly how I’d normally do it, but it should probably work.

“Still, you shouldn’t be so fast to judge. Some hide things better than others, and, well…” I said as I paused for a moment to gesture at myself, “It’s not always so obvious just based on the cover.”

As the buttery mix was ready, I started rubbing it on the corn and placing them on the grill one by one, stacked next to each other. Then, after removing the stems from some of the mushrooms, I brushed them thoroughly with the sauce as well - leaving a bit more inside of the caps - and placed them on the grill too.

“But whichever the case, I wouldn’t necessarily want to get on his bad side. Would be a major annoyance to deal with...What with me being so fragile.”

After quickly flipping over the bacon slices and placing the already prepared - with a rather scary looking sauce - wings on the grill as well, I started slicing up some potatoes into wedges and seasoning them in a bowl.

The newfound information about made me chuckle - it certainly put the boy in a slightly different light.

If he really was just a small time ‘criminal’ like that, and if he really just managed to get himself busted over something like that.

“Well, you certainly seem to have warmed up to them real fast,” I said with a smirk, “Guess there are quite some advantages to being the popular, outgoing guy.”

Being able to work with food like like this was quite a thrill. A wholly different kind than something like the ‘flying’ from earlier - but one that I loved even more. Except that having so much freedom like this was quite the rare opportunity. Or having a nice, big grill like this. Or being able to make that food for others.

“Anything else I should know about them?”

Looking up, I stared into Pyry’s eyes.

“Or about you? You know, outside of the ‘serious’ business. Haven’t had...all that much time to talk before, even if I do know some things.”
    Last edited by Cheetose; May 11th, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

At some point the chase turned into a game of its own. What was the purpose? The ultimate victory had been achieved, after all. In fact, from the way Sakura was dancing above and beneath the water, it seemed like she had an inkling as to the boy’s roguish intentions from the very start.

“Oh… no… you… don’t!”

Another lunge, another escape. Just as soon as he got close enough she disappeared. Dolphin, mermaid, dragonfly… no. That aquatic agility was like a waterstrider.

Though, waterstriders don’t have that energetic, teasing nature. Nor do they have a smile that Colt would call cute. So maybe that wasn’t apt either.

“I’ve got-“ another swing, another miss, “… nothing.”

Colt’s hands grabbed at salty water again and again.

Truly, what was the purpose of all this?

He laughed, even as she ran him in circles, the boy with the auburn hair and eyes laughed.

The purpose was to have fun. Which he was doing.

Just chasing and laughing, there was no time left to think about anything else. No worries to be had. Colt stayed oblivious to the exchange between the trio of John, Prushka and Subaru. After all, it just looked like the Shrimp was about to start teaching John something or other. After the last time he found himself in the water, Colt wasn’t going to allow himself to do anything but have simple fun.

Even if that choice was subconscious, it was one he made.

“How are you… so fast?” Still giving chase, Colt shot an exasperated question at the girl currently sticking her tongue out at him. “I need a handicap! Maybe I should have encouraged you to drink a bit more…!”

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

“Still, you shouldn’t be so fast to judge. Some hide things better than others, and, well… It’s not always so obvious just based on the cover. But whichever the case, I wouldn’t necessarily want to get on his bad side. Would be a major annoyance to deal with... What with me being so fragile.”
    Pyry cocked an eyebrow at that.

"You? Fragile? I mean... guess you are bit on the tiny side, but I wouldn't call you exactly fragile," he said with a teasing smirk. "You seem perfectly healthy to me, after all - heck, you took to the Fastball Special like a pro, too! I think you're selling yourself short a bit there, you know..."

Then with a laugh, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Though on the other hand, I promised to be there to look out for you, yeah?" Pyry added, winking at the girl. "And I'm anything but fragile, so you got nothing to to worry 'bout regarding that."

“Well, you certainly seem to have warmed up to them real fast. Guess there are quite some advantages to being the popular, outgoing guy.”
    The blonde athlete made a dismissive gesture with his hand.

"Eh, I wouldn't call it that. It's just, on some level, all guys are idiots - more or less," he said, rapping his forehead with his knuckle as if to emphasize his point. "And idiots tend to click together super easy. Nothing more to it than that. I mean, I ain't exactly the gentlest or most sensitive of guys, so it's easy to get along with guys like Travis or Hwan."

“Anything else I should know about them? Or about you? You know, outside of the ‘serious’ business. Haven’t had...all that much time to talk before, even if I do know some things.”
    The boy rubbed his chin, while changing his legs into a lotus position so he could take it easy on the sands without getting his whole body covered in sand any more than it already was. At the same time, the gears in his head kept grinding, trying to think about something worth knowing about the two guys they were discussing.

"Well... I think Travis is pretty handy with medicine, actually. Or atleast, sorta smart. He knew a few good remedies for hangover," Pyry started. "Meanwhile Hwan is... eh, he's kinda greedy? I mean, he loves money. So if you want someone to do something not-exactly-legal for you, he might be able to help. He's a sneaky little dude, that's for sure."

Then, after yawning a bit like a lazy lion lounging on the sands, Pyry shrugged again - this time with a bit of awkwardness in it.

"Me though...? Eh, what you see is what you get, pretty much? I love good food and drink, I love a good brawl, I'm not exactly the smartest guy in the room..." He started, listing mundane facts about himself. "... I'm from the countryside so some of this technology stuff just makes me go full-on question mark? Eh, I dunno..."

He chuckled while scratching the back of his head.

"It's... sorta hard to think of anything when you put me on the spot like that!"

Liana Skye
    [BGM]

"I did come to this town for one reason besides well... The mental health. I'm actually looking for someone, my mom... She definitely wasn't born here in Road's End, so she'd be what you consider an outsider... Might look a bit like me, might not, could have changed her appearance a bit... Might be going by the name 'Hikari Shouko.' Scientist type, probably likes wearing lab-coats and using vocabulary you'd need a translator to really understand... Seen anyone like that in town? Not that that's much to go off of, I know..."
    Hawthorn quietly listened to Liana's tale - of the other reason why was here, in this town, and of the woman she was searching for. The man was no longer looking at the beach below with a trained eye. Instead, those enigmatic eyes of his were locked onto the girl next to him, Liana having gotten his undivided attention. He didn't even touch his cigarette as it quietly burned on his lips, focusing instead on the words that were being said.

And what followed Liana's tale...

... Was silence.

------ Which was ended when the man sighed, and scratched his cheek.

"Mother, huh...? Well, that certainly seems like a good reason as any to come here, in the middle of nowhere. Though, seems quite likely that you have some lead. Otherwise, well... you wouldn't have come to this town," Hawthorn said. "In other words, you have a reason to believe a scientist would be here for some reason."

He chuckled a bit to himself, took a drag off his cigarette, and blew out a cloud of smoke - and watched as it traveled ever upwards.

"Sure, most people might find that unlikely. But I'm not most people. I've heard of stranger things," he continued, smirking a little. "Still, I could have heard about someone like that. Or, I might not have heard about someone like that. Can't really tell. Indeed, like I said, snooping around is my job... and only morons do what they're good at for free. I'm no moron."

The man turned his gaze back to Liana, and this time, the girl saw some hidden steel within it instead of the laidback mannerisms he had been mostly exhibiting so far. This man's eyes were sharp, that was for sure, but it wasn't just that his eyesight was better than that of most people. There was more to it, and the way he looked at Liana now...

... He was again gauging for something.

But something different this time.

--- Almost like waiting for her to do something.

"Also, unfortunately, $20 is not enough to hire me. Your mother's not that cheap of a woman - buying her with $20 would just be rude," the man said and smirked at his own horrible joke. "My rate is going to be much higher than that. Much higher than that. Because, well, I'm a professional. And, I don't show mercy to high schoolers. Especially high schoolers."

Those eyes narrowed a bit.

"--- So, unless you have something else to offer, I'm afraid that ends the business side of our deal."

Elaine Winters

I shrugged, preening slightly, taking the begrudging complement as it was, "Just means there's room to improve, but hey, at least I haven't let growing up on the road with a bunch of guys make me completely incompetent at making myself look pretty."

Hm...

"Any tips on getting myself up the charts a bit then, Miss America? Thought I heard you did your own stunts, so I figured you might have some ways to balance bein' active and bein' pretty."

Then I turned my attention to my cranky old friend.

"Keany, if I went and threw all the people who mildly inconvenienced me into the ocean, I'd never get to sleep. Besides, you're salty enough as is, ya green-blooded hobgoblin."

I trotted out the old, familiar insults, which, while not the most accurate, would at least aid in de-escalating.

"But yeah, Mercedes, I was already in the mood to gussy somebody up, and they found a lot of excuses to be somewhere else whenever I came around," I said, shooting a glance off at the perpetually fleeing Miss Faraday, "Thought she'd at least appreciate it after that little business this morning, poor girl."

I shook my head, looking concerned, "I'm no stranger to nightmares, but that one sounded like a real bad time. Dreaming about things that are going to happen, hmph."

Then I folded my arms, frowning, "Seems to be a trend going around, too, for that matter, but I've only got two on the radar. As far as I know, they might've had their brains poked out by some shady government types while we were all sleeping or something."