Page 191 of 244 FirstFirst ... 91141181186189190191192193196201241 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 09.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “I’m gonna nap, Mercy. Wake me up if there’s an emergency.”
    Mercedes, who so far had been scribbling down absolutely ridiculous amount of notes, stopped her pen. She turned around in her chair and blinked owlishly at Lucille and her sudden proclamation... but eventually, her mouth twisted into a smirk and she set her writing tools aside. With a bit of a tired sigh herself, she stretched where she sat, gazing out into the rainy atmosphere outside.

Considering she had just been shot at a point-blank range only few hours ago, the starlet was doing a rather good job at keeping her act together.

"Lucy, dearest... you, like, do know that a slightly violent breeze can kill me, right? So I ain't acting as a bodyguard while you snooze," the actress snarked, though the warmth in her eyes told that she wasn't being serious. "... That being said, I don't think something's gonna, like, attack us or whatevah in the broad daylight. So yeah, go ahead, take a nap. You look like you need it."

With that, she returned to her writing. Mercedes had been most attentive during Lucille's explanation of what she had found out, both about the ghost, the town of Road's End and the time loop itself. The wealth of knowledge that had been dumped on the starlet's lap had, apparently, put her grey cells in a hyperactive mode, and she was crafting one theory after another regarding the situation. Of course, this had meant that she had then requested a crash course into the basics of the Turnside, meaning that Lucille had not exactly been saved from afternoon lessons - if anything, she had been a teacher to one hell of a curious student.

Perhaps that was why she felt so tired right now as well.

Still, just as Lucille felt her consciousness fade and the sweet embrace of rejuvenating slumber take her...

... There was a knock on the door.

"Huh? Who is it?" Mercedes asked, eyeing the door suspiciously.

"Sakura Tsukioka. Since she wasn't in the room, I figured I'd check if Lucille was visiting your room, Mercedes..."

The actress raised an eyebrow, before a smirk rose to her face. Learning that the older girl was, in fact, Lucille's maid had resulted in some relentless light teasing from her - such as implying that Lucille couldn't even go to a school without having her nanny with her. Luckily enough, just like now, there had been no malice in that needling. It was just the unique way Mercedes West liked to "joke about" with the people she considered friends.

"Yeah, she's here," Mercedes answered and rose up from her chair. "Like, just a second."

With that, the starlet let Sakura into the meticulously furnished, highly fashionable and very expensive-looking room. Sakura's eyebrows shot towards her hairline as she saw the interior, but not as much as they did when she saw Lucille dozing off in Mercedes's bed, looking like she had no care in the world.

"Umm... Lucille?" Sakura asked, not sure whether she should chuckle or frown. "Having an afternoon nap?"

It was unsure if the maid approved.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Travis... Do I, perhaps... Do I not have very good judgement?"
    If Travis could have given the blonde girl an any flatter stare, he would have most likely flat-lined straight then and there. It was like he didn't know at all how he should have even reacted to that question, so he simply defaulted to no expression whatsoever and simply leveled a big, long stare into her general direction. As the awkward silence grew longer and longer, broken only by the sound of rain around them, he finally relented with a sigh.

What followed was an annoyed grunt and the boy rubbing the back of his neck.

"... You only now realized? Jesus Christ, you're like the poster girl for 'don't be like this'. You seem just the type who'd stick her hand against a pan to see if it's hot," Travis replied. "But since you seem incapable of sarcasm and take everything literally... yeah. You don't have a good judgement. To be honest, I can see why the fuck they'd send you out here."

The boy twisted his lips in annoyance and put his hands in his pockets as he continued trudging down the road.

"I swear, you're exactly the type that can't be left alone for one minute or you'll blow yourself up or something..."

Meanwhile, as Travis continued to mutter annoyedly at the personality of Alexstrasza, the blonde found herself suddenly accosted by a tiny form wearing a raincoat and galoshes. That is, of course, Stephanie. At some point the girl had sneaked up to the older girl and now, with a big bright smile, offered something to her with both hands. That something being... a frog. A rather perturbed-looking frog who had been snatched from his hiding place.

Was this supposed to be a gift?

"And it's not like I can ask from the brat," Travis continued, watching the scene with an odd expression. "She don't speak a lick of English. Hwan said something about some form of Taiwanese or something, can't even remember right. Which doesn't surprise me. That girl is like a bundle of maladies, both mental and physical. Gotta wonder what the hell she's even doing out here."

As if to emphasize something, Travis tapped his own head with his finger, causing the wet bangs to sway in the wind.

"--- There's something off with her brain's right hemisphere, I think. Plus, while I can't exactly confirm it since we don't speak the same language, there's something... strange about her pattern-recognition, like apophenia," the boy continued. "I tried some tests earlier today, and she... doesn't react to tests regarding the blind spots of eyes. Either she just doesn't care, or it's like she doesn't' even recognize the existence of those blind-spots. Or maybe she does... and her brain doesn't 'literally' connect the dots here."

With a bit of a sigh, the boy shrugged.

"Well, not like I can tell without proper equipment..." He said, before shooting another flat stare at Alexstrasza. "... And I guess I'm a moron for telling you and expecting you to understand what the hell I'm talking about."

Hisa Momoi

After agreeing on the time with Sakura, Hisa was led out of her room. The older girl went immediately to check up with Lucille, while she stayed behind to wait for Pyry. And indeed, the boy arrived not too long after that. His steps were heavy and there was a definite frown on his face... like the thoughts running rampant in his head had been gathering up like storm clouds. In other words, just one look at him told that not everything was alright... and it seemed to be because of multiple things. A face like that didn't come from just a simple problem.

"... Hey."

The greeting he gave to Hisa was listless, but at the same time he gathered his bearings and straightened his back now that the girl was here. The clear attitude of not wanting to make others worried rose with his posture, and the boy shielded some of that worry that was pouring out of him behind his usual mask. Though, he wasn't exactly able to look like his usual safe.

"You were chatting with Sakura? How did that go?" Pyry asked. "I got the idea that you weren't really good with people like her but... well, I guess we've all been changing some during this week."

He chuckled a bit with a humourless laugh, but soon grew serious again.

"Also, mind if we go somewhere private. This might be a bit long and, well... it's not exactly I want other people hearing. Your room or mine is fine, though Ru is back at mine. He looked... normal when I left, but I notice the guy's getting antsy. Being forced to stay in a single room all day is driving him up the walls," he continued. "I'd think it's because he wants to help, but at the same time... if there's a group like you heard about around... I dunno."

The boy folded his arms and let out a bit of an annoyed sigh.

"... Does it feel like it's hard to start trusting anyone around here anymore?"

Prushka

In the end, Ahti's steps led to a place that Prushka could have practically guessed. He had exchanged the warmth of the dormitory to the coldness of the abandoned cabin, all thanks to the fact that at least there he wouldn't have to run into people. Just like that, he had retreated back to his usual solitary shell, it seemed... and judging by the candlelight Prushka saw on the upper floor, the white-haired boy was up to something.

Rain fell hard onto the canopy of Ghostwood above, and the tiny girl had to hurry to get under the protective eaves of the drab and ruined cabin. It was hard to say how much the house would protect from the rain, but knowing Ahti's... well, animalistic tendencies, it was unlikely that he would have stayed somewhere that was wet and miserable. Just miserable, sure, but wet?

Yeah, not likely.

That being said, as Prushka stood there at the entrance of the abandoned cabin, readying herself to head inside, she suddenly heard something over the pouring rain. It was a distant, muffled sound, but it only grew louder as she opened the creaking door of the cabin - that sound itself masked by the falling rain.

And as she peeked her head into the cabin... she recognized the faint sound.

--- Conversation?

Was Ahti talking with someone?

But who the hell would he be even talking with...?

"... yeah, he's there, no doubt about that... but... I'm not... we'll see... that bastard... has it coming... I doubt... know... what he..."

Prushka could only hear bits and pieces now, but it certainly sounded serious.

Elaine Winters
    Location - Pinefall High - Principal's Office

"Well, that's good to hear!"

With a bit of a glad grin on his face, Mr. Oceandrop stood up from his chair and walked over to one of the cabinets. From there he pulled out a thermos that apparently contained some extremely good-smelling coffee. The fragnance wafted into the room as he opened it up, the roasted texture of it gently floating ever upwards with the steam. Afterwards he took out two cups, offering to pour one for Elaine after he had finished up filling his.

Then, with a smile on his lips, the older man took a sip and let out a satisfied sigh.

"But yes, your father and I... well, it's been a while as well. But we were somewhat close back-in-the-day. Met for the first time back at... Marble Mountain, was it? I think it was. Well, we got back around the same time and lived near each other for a time, so it was natural we'd go drinking together from time-to-time. Ah, but that old man of yours... a secretive fellow, alright. Never could figure out what he did for work," the principal said with a good-natured laugh. "But I suppose I'm not the one to talk, hah!"

He slapped his knee as if he had told the most hilarious joke.

From the looks of it, at least the guy knew that he was cut from the same secretive cloth.

"Still, while we drifted apart eventually, we did keep in contact. That's why, I think, he entrusted you with us when I brought up the project to him in one of my letters. I didn't exactly want to approach you about the whole thing before getting an okay with him. Called the day after he got the letter and told me to take care of the one flower in his vegetable garden. Not exactly... great poetry, but I understood the sentiment," Mr. Oceandrop said with a bit of a dry smirk. "Though I suppose you know how it is better than I do. Awkward man, to be sure... and I suppose you share some shades of that."

He paused to take a sip of his coffee, before snorting at himself.

"What I'm trying to ramble here is that you don't need to be so formal. It's not exactly the 'Winters Thing', is it?" Oceandrop added, wiggling his eyebrows. "So no need to fret - just relax and be yourself. I'm not easily offended. I mean... I have seen your old man rip-roaring drunk."

He laughed merrily after that.

Colt Davin & Liana Skye

"Y-yes, forsooth... I wouldst liketh that... very much."

The hint of a smile grew, and some of the light had returned to those forlorn eyes. From the looks of it, after the initial misstep Colt had managed to fix the situation far better. Even Dr. Canseliet gave an agreeing nod as she took a step back and walked over to one of the cabinets. The good doctor started rummaging through the bottles there, but for some reason, it didn't look like she was actually trying to find anything... or, perhaps, she was trying to find an escape from this supposed 'befriending' that was about to start?

Yes, judging by how she kept her eyes away from the scene unfolding around the bed, that must have been it.

Definitely it.

"Well, for starters, try not to rip Colt's arms off here," Cathie chuckled as she walked over to the bed as well. "Dunno if you saw it, but the poor guy nearly went Stretch Armstrong over here thanks to you."

Tris let out a little yelp and immediately detached her grip from Colt.

"O-oh! M-mine apologies! 'Tis was not my intention!" The blonde hurried to say. "I-I simply wantedeth to express mine joy and in the heat of the momenth I simply happenedeth to feel a surge of energy within me, thanks to the words of thee both..."

Flushing ever brighter, Tris fiddled with her fingers in an embarrassed way. Cathie, who had been standing by the bed with her arms crossed, lifted an eyebrow but for some reason seemed to be struggling to keep her expression completely stoic and calm.

"What the heck is this adorable creature...?" Colt could hear the redhead mumble.

Eventually Cathie simply coughed up into her balled fist and shrugged.

"Well, it's not like he didn't kinda deserve it. The guy's probably done plenty enough of suspicious stuff, after all," the redhead continued, shooting Colt a wry smirk and elbowing him gently in the ribs. "So no harm, no foul. And what comes to that friendship thing... yeah, I-I guess so. I mean, it's not like I got anything against you, and you seem like a good kid, and from what I understand you've been taking care of the chucklehead here so, uh... yeah."

Looks like it was now Cathie's time to get embarrassed.

"I-I don't mind... being friends and all that..."

Tris's eyes lit up even brighter.

"O-oh! 'Tis truly a joyous day then!"

Before Cathie could even stop it, Tris had reached out and caught the other girl into a one hell of a glomp. The hug might have looked heartwarming, downright cute even, if not for the fact that Colt could practically hear Cathie's bones rattling and creaking under the force she was being squeezed with, and see how she was turning more of a shade of blue rather than red as air was driven out of his lungs. The redhead made a few feeble attempts to slap Tris in the back to make her break the hold, and even whimpered something close to "Uncle, uncle!" but unfortunately, the girl in the bed was far too happy to realize it.

... It was this bizarre scene that Liana Skye saw as she finally returned from upstairs with a tray of tea and home-made goodies.

The rest of her phonecall with Hawthorn had gone just fine, if she discounted the fact that once the man got back his usual bravado, he turned the bullying back up to eleven - almost like taking a revenge of somesort for having been woken up. However, after twisting his arm (verbally) about it, Liana found out that he wasn't against the idea of some cookies and tea, and even looked forward to it a little bit (that was as much as he was willing to admit) since the girl had promised some.

He also promised to at least try to be nice to Ferguson, but that was the extent of it.

That meeting might end up being... interesting.

"Ah, there you are."

Dr. Canseliet's slightly relieved voice called out to Liana as she entered the clinic, and she saw her 'aunt' head deep in the cabinet.

"... Why don't you serve our guests? I feel that they're in a need of a..." she glanced backwards and frowned a bit at the sight. "... Distraction."

Meanwhile, Cathie continued ot pound Tris's back in an effort to stop the blonde from literally hugging her to death.

John Dove

"Ahahaha... it sounds impressive when you put it like that, but honestly, it's nothing too grandiose."

Inacio's answer is like the textbook reply of a famous up-and-coming musician trying to appear to be humble - though in his case, it did actually sound like his genuine opinion.

"I was actually discussing it with Caleb here the other day. So far the two of us are more or less flashes in a pan - enjoying our fifteen minutes of fame. It's easy enough to make one big splash in the world of art, at least if you don't mind the methods, but staying popular and staying relevant..." the Lusitanian shook his head with a quiet little shrug. "That's the real hurdle. Selling not just one single or a painting, but first two, then three, and then a whole lot more after that. That's what the actually talented people do."

Caleb nodded at that, thumbing throught he menu once again after informing to Avery that at least he'd start with coffee - a thing echoed by Aleen and Inacio. Ubon, on the other hand, decided to go with a cream soda that seemed to have a terrifying amount of sugar in it. Perhaps John, who was sitting next to her, would have to stay careful in case the girl decided to just shoot through the ceiling in the incoming rush.

"Yeah, Louvre is nice and all, but it's... well, partially because of family connections too. My mother. She was the real deal. Far better than I ever am. Hell, back when I was child... she felt invincible to me," the rose-haired artist spoke with a hint of bittersweet memories in his tone. "Guess I've been trying to cath up to her ever since. So this is just the first step. Next comes actually keeping my name relevant."

He made a bit of a vague gesture with his hand.

"--- Thing which gets harder every year. Art-world's so satured and keeps getting more so. And let's not even start with modern art. I swear, they all think they're Yves Klein. And Klein was a hack ahead of his time."

... Considering the boy was chuckling, that might have been a joke, but it was hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Actually, Inacio, what’s the deal with that story you were telling Caleb when I found you guys in the common room? Can I hear it as well, or do I need to know the secret handshake?”
    Inacio blinked in momentary surprise, but then both him and Caleb burst out in laughter at John's question. Ubon and Aleen, on the other hand, exchanged some confused glances - clearly they weren't in on the story either.

"O-oh, that. It's... oh boy, it'd take too long to explain, but let's just say it involves a grouse, a rental shop and a copy of the Airborne movie on VHS," Inacio said with a sneaky smirk. "Honestly a complete fiasco, that whole episode..."

The mystery was finally solved... or not?

More details just made the whole thing seem even weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Miss King—no, rather, can I call you Aleen? You see, well, for a while I’ve been meaning to ask you: have you ever appeared on TV or something like that? I mean, I could be wrong, of course, but I could swear I’ve seen you somewhere else and, well, your looks are anything but forgettable, if I may say so.”
    "F-fuweh?"

Aleen, who had been taken completely by surprise by the fact that John was talking to her, blushed rather magnificently as she recoiled on her seat. Not only had the sudden question caught her unawares, but the nature of it - and the not-so-subtle compliment thrown in rather smoothly - had definitely shocked her. All eyes were on her now, with both Inacio and Caleb seeming rather interested in this topic as well... as well as enjoying the girl's flustered expression.

The only one who looked a bit flat in her stare was Ubon, who raised her eyebrow surreptitiously at John. As if asking what the heck he was doing.

"M-me? On TV? N-nah, nah, totes not! I-I'm just a big city girl stuck in the boonies, aha, ahaha..." Aleen hurried to answer, though her laughter couldn't have sounded more fake if she tried. "M-maybe you've just seen some model or actress who looks like me! I-I mean, I've been told I look totes like a model, so you might have gotten confused by that. You... you know, so blinded by how drop-dead gorgeous I am that your brain mistook me for a celeb! A-hahaha, haha, haa..."

In her haste to make up an obvious lie on the spot, the flustered Aleen had let out quite the words from her mouth - and now looked like she wanted to either take them back or dig a hole in which to disappear for forever. Not only that, but she looked confused by her own embarrassment, as if she had never in a million years believed that John Dove could have caused it.

Ubon, on the other hand...

"'Drop-dead gorgeous', huh...? Wow, Johnnie - did'cha really think that?" She asked with a dry grin, as if enjoying the brewing situation. "Looks like you ain't so immune to girls after all - for realsies."

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

"...My, my."

In a strangely good mood for a number of reasons, the sight that greets Liana upon her return to the clinic is one that brings back an obviously amused smile; take away the accidental murder attempt in progress and it was heartwarming, a sign that things inside of the clinic had turned around without her assistance being necessary...

---In that regard it's a bit lonely, but-!

"A distraction?"

She chuckles at the sight of Dorothy's attempt to disappear into the cabinet.

"They overwhelming you a bit?"

Her violet eyes light up with amused stars.

"Well, I suppose a cool niece duty is helping out one's aunt, so I'll save you from the hug this time~"

---It was somewhat dangerous to hug fae anyway.

Of course she planned on getting one herself eventually, but Dorothy didn't really need to know that yet, instead-!

"Here, I'll give you yours first, might have to get the jaws of life for Cathie..."

Thus, she hands over the fruits of her first labor, as the others are still baking in the oven.

It's a rather decadent cup of tea, with the rich caramel color, frothed milk, and hints of sprinkled brown sugar almost giving it an appearance closer in nature to that a latte...

"I put a bit of extra sugar in it for you, and love of course, mostly love, let me know how it tastes."

So saying, she resists the urge to cackle at her aunt, and...

"Now let's see, guys, hey guys~"

She steps forward, setting her tray off to the side for the moment-

"Tea's ready~ It's my own recipe, Black Tea base with brown sugar, although~"

-and moves to the side of Tris.

"-I think Cathie needs air dear. I'm happy everyone seems happier now, but could you let her go please?"

She smiles.

"If you need someone to hug into submission, I am perhaps more equipped to handle it? Feel free. Hug away if you want."

Her voice and smile are teasing but warm...

These sorts of scenes...

She likes these.

"If not, I have hot tea and warm towels, and some cookies baking upstairs for later, they should be done in a bit."

A pause, then she directs her gaze at Colt...

"Chocolate chip. I assume that's a good choice for everyone?"
    Last edited by Airen; March 18th, 2021 at 02:32 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille, to her credit, is a light sleeper and someone who finds it terribly difficult to relax, so she hasn’t gone to sleep at all. Her efforts to pretend have been completely crushed by the new predicament. There are a lot of reasons why Sakura would ask for her, but she, personally, has no inkling as to what it is this time.

“Still awake,” she mutters, eyes still closed. “Something the matter? I’m trying to get some sleep so nothing bad happens later.”

If only that were true. Something bad will happen later, and that is exactly why she needs sleep.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“She isn’t that bad. There are certainly some things I don’t like about her, but at the same time, she also ticks quite a few points on my list that I can respect,” I explained, “She’s by far not as extreme and hard to reason with as Ubon or Prushka at least. Makes working together much easier, even if just on a superficial level. Anyways, matters not for now.”

Certainly, it wasn’t important at all right now. The more concerning matter at hand was finding out why Pyry was feeling so down all of a sudden, even though he was still his usual self just an hour ago.

I watched him with a worried expression, trying to see if I could get a better read on the situation...but it was unlikely to happen until he started talking.

“Your room is okay. We can just ask Ru to take a walk, or join the girls in my room,” I said with carefully measured words, “Still, Ru is one thing but...did you run into someone?”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa's Doll
    “Do you think that if someone wanted to harm you this was really the best way to do it?”
    “All it takes is for someone to assume you’re just a doll. All you need to do is keep still, wait for them to let their guard down and then you attack them while they’re asleep.”

The most dangerous of people aren’t the ones who are openly dangerous, but the ones who hide their capabilities until the right moment to attack. Anyone with a brain would be cautious of Elaine Winters because she just exudes confidence and power. But if my theory is correct, then the person we really should have been worried about was our former classmate Adelaide Cheshire. She seemed disarmingly normal. A person who couldn’t place you in danger at all, but everyone at this school seemed to be more than meets the eye.

“The message is about an assassin who wants to kill you. I suppose it could take a while to explain all the details. Though…”
    “Talk on the way there then. Even using one of the school bikes will give you ample time. While we’re at it, I can also fill you in on some of the things I’ve heard.”

It was doable also if this thing was truly some part of Hisa Momoi’s power then she shouldn’t feel too bad about being absolutely drenched like I was going to be. While I should stay put and focus on who was supposed going to kill me... That same assassin was probably also targeting my friend so just hunkering down left me with a sour taste.

“It’s raining. You’ll be knee deep in the mud, and there is some crazy gun lady there. Are you sure you want to go there?”
    “Actually I’m trying to meet her. Or at the very least, I hope I find her there because otherwise I’m going to have to stake out the Country Club for a prolonged time… Which isn’t ideal.”

That was placing it lightly. If I could sort this out at the saw mill, then I could go to her directly as needed. Or even failing that, I at least know not to waste time on Friday searching for her there and just watch the country club.

“Well, if there is no other way, I suppose it can’t be helped. In that case, I need to grab something from our room. We don’t usually venture that far. Better feel grateful and honoured, Miss Tough Soldier.”
    “I’ll thank Hisa later for sending me such kindness then. Just make it quick.”

With that said, I opened my door again and started following this mysterious doll.

Elaine Winters

Acceding to the request, I took the warm mug into my hands, gingerly bringing it to my lips and taking a slow sip of muddy energy.

Marble Mountain...

"Oh, oh yeah. I remember now, that podunk airfield a little ways from Da Nang Dad used to complain about when he'd had some of his 'special juice', as he always liked calling it, back when I was like 11, and then he kept doin' up for the next couple years because he knew it annoyed me."

I groaned a bit, scrunching up my face at, well, the brighter memories of my father, which, to bat away this never-ending cloud of depression, is actually a healthy amount of them.

"Something to be said about fussy Dads when all they've got to spend time with is a couple of knuckleheads."

I snorted.

"That damn geezer, he'd always act all grim and serious, but it was a trick! He's just luring you into a false sense of security so he could lay out some shitty joke or somethin'," I shook my head, "Only flower in the vegetable patch, well, I guess it was really a big sausage party growing up for the most part, I'm amazed I finally managed to get the Mustang to stop smelling like day old BO."

And wasn't that a miracle when I managed to do it, I could finally drive with the windows up without wanting to die.

"But he was real proud of his work, took some pride in maintaining the sort of 'work over here, life over here' thing. So, when you say he was a real secretive guy," I paused, mulling it over, "Well, I can't tell you how much that would've meant to him."

Bam.

Got 'em.

"Yep, hairy old geezer, smells like old cigarettes and aftershave, wears a lot of flannel, only looks all serious to make you think he's not a doofus," I shook my head, "We're all the same."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

With some words of caution from Cathie and a cute yelp from Tris, Colt was released from the death-inflicting grip. Though, he wouldn’t exactly say he was ecstatic to be released. An arm would be a small price to pay for being squeezed so tightly by…

An elbow poked him in the ribs.

"Well, it's not like he didn't kinda deserve it.”

That train of thought died in a heartbeat and the boy went on red alert.

Was I caught?’

“The guy's probably done plenty enough of suspicious stuff, after all. So no harm, no foul. And what comes to that friendship thing... yeah, I-I guess so. I mean, it's not like I got anything against you, and you seem like a good kid, and from what I understand you've been taking care of the chucklehead here so, uh... yeah."

“Wh- hey!” Colt offered an automatic defense to protest the unfair but reasonable allegations. “I have been perfectly behaved, thank you very much.”

That defense seemed to go unheard, or rather, uncared for, as Cathie found herself in a loving, crushing hug from Tris.

The devil and the angel on his shoulders whispered into his ears.

“Save her, Colton!” The angel urged him to move. “The poor girl cannot survive such inhuman love!”

“Naaaah, look how happy the blonde is, kiddo.” The devil whispered with a puff of cigar smoke. “You really wanna burst her bubble?”

He looked over the scene. They both had good points.

Really, perhaps the devil was right for once. What harm would come from-

Uncle, uncle!”

“Okay, maybe you should do something.” The devil relented.

But as Colt, the devil and the angel all came to an agreement, Liana returned just in time to bear the burden of bringing an end to Tris’ heartfelt, muscular hug.

By offering herself as a target instead.

“Wow.” Colt could only raise his eyes at the saintly, sacrificial act. True selflessness… “Tris, I think this making friends thing is gonna go easier than I thought.”

The boy rubbed his chin. How easily the blonde knightess had tamed Cathie, and now the board was set for her to move onto Liana…

“Or you’re just really good at this. Maybe I’m the one who needs the help here…”

“If not, I have hot tea and warm towels, and some cookies baking upstairs for later, they should be done in a bit.”

Liana turned to the boy, and he looked back in turn.

"Chocolate chip. I assume that's a good choice for everyone?"

Oh I love chocolate chip. Are you some sort of mindreader?” He asked it as if it were a joke, but at this point he wouldn’t be surprised if the answer was a simple and curt yes. “I’ll gladly take some.”

What was he thinking, being suspicious of her before? Anyone who bakes cookies from scratch at a moment’s notice for someone she doesn’t even know can’t be a bad person. Especially if they’re chocolate chip.

Then, he looked over to the good doctor.

“Won’t you be joining us, Dr. Canseliet? I mean, I get the feeling that Liana here made more than enough for everyone. Including you.” His chin rubbing resumed, and he smiled. “I mean, it’d be a perfect opportunity to talk about reimbursement. I won’t allow you to take care of all three of us, treat us to cookies ‘n tea, then say it wasn’t much and send us on our merry way.”

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

“Hmm…” John does take a moment to reflect on the thoughts shared by the two young artists. They are nothing special—Human society is innately competitive—those who achieve more reap the greater reward. Therefore, it is only natural to aspire for more. Because humans always need more and demand more.

In his blindness, John fails to realize that his awareness and acknowledgement of these facts of life are a major hint about himself and his fundamental nature.

“I do not know a thing about art, but…well, you guys are young. You have an entire life ahead of yourselves to polish and master your crafts. To find what you are lacking, and how to overcome those limitations. To go beyond what others have done, and strike on a path solely your own.”

He pauses for a single breath.

“Or something like that. Really, what do I know? But…” His placid smile sharpens just a little. “That’s why you’re here, right? To find something you’re lacking, or something you have lost, just like the rest of us.”

John then shakes his head.

“But like I said, I didn’t invite you here to pry. It may be bold of me, but I think at least the girls at this table are rooting for you two.”

Not himself. He stopped himself from saying ‘everyone’, and did not include himself. He stopped himself from lying, for the sake of the John Dove who might one day become someone who does care.

Naturally, the first order of drinks does not escape him. After requesting a cup of coffee for himself, he quickly turns to his neighbor.

“…just don’t start zipping around in your sugar high, please. I did not bring rope.”

Quote Originally Posted by Inacio
    “O-oh, that. It's... oh boy, it'd take too long to explain, but let's just say it involves a grouse, a rental shop and a copy of the Airborne movie on VHS. Honestly a complete fiasco, that whole episode...”
    “Well, then at some point we have to make some time to hear the whole story. It’s not fair if only Caleb’s in on the joke.”

Well, if it gets a laugh out of Aleen and Ubon, it would be worth the time spent on it. Or maybe Inacio’s being coy about it because it is not a story suitable for the ears of women?

“You also have to tell me about the interesting guy you met last night. Ferguson, was it? Seems he was into conspiracy theories and things like that?”

On another note, in response to his question, Aleen King self-destructs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    “M-me? On TV? N-nah, nah, totes not! I-I'm just a big city girl stuck in the boonies, aha, ahaha...m-maybe you've just seen some model or actress who looks like me! I-I mean, I've been told I look totes like a model, so you might have gotten confused by that. You... you know, so blinded by how drop-dead gorgeous I am that your brain mistook me for a celeb! A-hahaha, haha, haa...”
    Of course, Ubon, the one who better understands his true nature among the present, has her own thoughts on his current course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    “'Drop-dead gorgeous', huh...? Wow, Johnnie - did'cha really think that? Looks like you ain't so immune to girls after all - for realsies.”
    “I do not remember ever saying I am ‘immune to girls’,” he retorts. “My body works just like everybody else’s. I do feel physical urges.”

All these years, however, the shackles holding his mind and pulling it towards a single line of thought have easily smothered those urges. He does not feel that kind of desire towards Her, so he effortlessly rejected his teenage lusts as lesser, unnecessary animal instincts.

“It’s just my mind that, well…I can only ask you to excuse me for my rudeness. It is my mind that…disregards the value of everything and everybody. Especially myself.”

This is the one unchanged truth. Even now, that he has set himself to change, to face the world properly. She is like a goddess, obscuring everybody else with Her overwhelming presence in his mind. More radiant than Alexstrasza, more honest than Prushka, mightier than Elaine Winters, prouder than Vandemeel…She is the absolute and the pinnacle, to which nobody else can hope to compare. She is even the kindest, for She saved a worthless child like him not one, but twice.

Nevertheless, John has changed. By choosing life, by facing the world and himself, he has realized and accepted that, just because She is and will always be infinite in his heart, it does not mean everybody and everything else has to be zero. However, this change is still more on the small side.

“‘The rain outside is intense.’ ‘Miss Sae Min’s lessons are difficult.’ ‘Inacio and Caleb are talented artists.’ ‘Aleen King is very charming and beautiful.’ ‘Ubon has very sexy legs.’ ‘One plus one equals two.’”

He shrugs. There is a certain sadness to it, although that might just exist in the eyes of one who wants to see it.

“I acknowledge all these sentences as true, and they are all about equally irrelevant in my head.”

It is also why he can say them with a straight face.

“And that’s why I’m a Pinefall student, I presume. Although I have wondered for some time, just how did they choose us? If anything, the whole ‘Drop Distance’ thing makes it all the clearer that they didn’t just pick the worst cases they found.”

He glances down at the table, then back at the three across from him.

“That’s the thing, isn’t it? Right here, right now, we look like completely normal young people. But, you just learned from me that, well, I am not normal. And I can only assume my classmates carry their own burdens and have their own issues, just as abnormal as mine, if not worse. Furthermore, we all were living our own lives before coming here. It is only natural some of my classmates didn’t really leave their lives behind when they came here.”

Something between a sigh and a despondent laugh escapes his lips.

“It would be great if everybody was up to hanging out like this and have a good time with everybody else, but it’s not that easy. If it were that easy, we wouldn’t be at Pinefall in the first place.”

Of course, there is also the likely possibility that they were brought here for a purpose beyond “rehabilitation and adaptation into society,” but there is no point in bringing that up right now.

“Ubon told me about a plan for a ‘movie night’ that apparently didn’t work out. I certainly was not aware there was such a plan. Can you please tell me exactly what happened?”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

A couple of minutes later, both Pyry and Hisa found themselves in the former's room. Ru had been asked to relocate for a moment, and he had gone off to join Gradient and To-Totesh in Hisa's room. For some reason he had gotten a bit excited when he heard that the latter was working on those mechanical familiars of hers. Still, this meant that the two now had some privacy. Pyry, as if to buy himself some time, cleaned up some of the stuff he had laying around - all in silence. Then, wordlessly, he gestured for Hisa to sit down on the bed.

The boy himself walked over to the window and pulled the curtains aside, watching the scenery outside - the rain and the grey clouds and the wet earth - as if to make sure nobody was eavesdropping on them.

"... You asked me if I ran into someone. Well... not exactly. I ran into a smell. Smell I recognize very well," Pyry started, his voice sounding surprisingly serious. "... You remember what I told you yesterday? About calling me the Third Son of Jukola? Well... it's related to that. As well as that past that the me from... last week... talked to you about. You see, the smell I recognized at the dorms today, it was... the smell of Jukola - the magical research institute that created me."

Just by mentioning that name, Pyry's expression seemed to harden. The memories he had of that place... they must have been tough ones.

"At first I thought I'd caught the smell of some former Jukola-member or a spy that they sent after me. But no... I followed that smell all the way to the girls' floor, and it led me to the door of, well... Prushka," Pyry continued, his voice monotone. "In her room, that smell was excessive - overbearing. The owner of it had been definitely there, and not too long ago. So I accosted Prushka about it, and... what she told me ended up being quite serious."

Pyry let out a sigh and turned around, closing the curtains as he did. He locked his eyes with Hisa, staring deep into hers.

"... Back over a year ago, me and Angelica destroyed Jukola. That place... there was nothing good about it. It was a place of heretical mages that kidnapped children and teens to transform them into weapons - stealing those with aptitude for their experiments. I'd escaped on my own, after hearing what happened to the two created before me. For a while, I managed to live on my own. But after they nearly torched the town I lived in, I told Angelica about all of this and we hatched a plan. She... I'm not sure how she did it, she only said it involved her eyes, but she was able to pin-point the location of their base," Pyry explained. "Nine-Lock Brass Mountain - the impenetrable fortress of the Grand Sorceress Louhi that still remains from the mythic times, where the World Pillar Sampo was once stored, rooted into earth. Well... at the end of the day, it was a copy of that location - or just a tiny part that had fragmented, but it was still a hell of a hiding place."

Through the mental connection between the dolls, Hisa could practically see it.

A mountain so cold, so repulsive, that it beget the mind.

A mountain with an evil ego of its own, and a will to act upon it.

A mountain that had practically enslaved those working with its folds.

"Well, long story short, we trashed the place, destroyed the equipment, and made the mages flee, but... it looks like that wasn't enough," Pyry muttered, bitter look in his eyes. "From what Prushka told me, they're still around, and they're still conducting their experiments. They're still creating wretched creatures like me - artificial humans forced into the nature, shape and mold of their choosing. And one of those poor bastards is here now... and from what I get, he's after me."

Pyry clenched his hands into fists, some sort of burning determination slowly smoldering within his heart.

"... If I had to take a guess, they have him under suggestion - brainwashing, basically. A subconscious order to hunt me down after what I did to their place. So chances are, we'll be running each other eventually... perhaps even soon. And even if he wasn't brainwashed, the chances are... we'd still come to blows. That's just how the Sons of Jukola are - how the Brother Models are. But the thing is..."

For just a moment, confusion broke through Pyry's stoic eyes.

"... I don't get it. I'm sure we destroyed all of their equipment, and yet they were able to rebuild and create another model in a year? That's just... it sounds practically crazy," he spoke, putting his doubts into words. "From what I checked, it can't be Model 1 or Model 2. They were gone long before I came around, and if Prushka had met with those, she - and all of us - would be in much bigger trouble than this time-loop. So who is this guy and where did he come from... that I don't understand."

With a sigh, the boy walked over to the bed and sat down next to Hisa, leaning his arms onto his elbows and staring darkly at the floor.

"--- Still. Now that we're conscious of each other, there'll come an ending to things... one way or another," he said. "It might sound crazy to you, insanity that we don't have time for right now, danger and a risk that's not worth taking... but that's just how it is. It's, in a way, just like my compulsive need to protect everyone around me that I see."

For a moment, a dry smile wavered on his lips.

"Maybe you'd understand if I told you about the
    Seven Brothers
    Seitsemän Veljestä
    in detail, but... that might take a moment," he said, glancing towards the girl. "Is that alright?"

Lucille Faraday

"Ah~, I see~"

There was something teasing about Sakura's smile, but at least the maid wasn't pushing Lucille's buttons now. Despite all that, she certainly looked like she was having fun, watching Lucille laze about in the starlet's bed.

"Well, I simply came looking for you, since I wanted to ask if its alright that I head out for the evening?" She asked. "Hisa Momoi asked my help with something, something that requires a bit of stealth, and I promised I'd take it into consideration."

Mercedes cocked an eyebrow at that.

"What, Nancy Drew is at it again," she asked, before chuckling a bit. "Like, that girl is unstoppable when she gets hungry for knowledge or whatevah, huh?"

Sakura put her hands on her hips, and shrugged with her shoulders.

"She's certainly a curious and a driven one. That being said, I didn't want to commit to anything before I talked about it with you, milady," she said, turning back to Lucille. "So... what do you think? Can you survive a nap on your own, or should I be here to read you something? Maybe check the closet for boogeymen? Prep some warm milk?"

Ah, here comes the teasing.

... Perhaps even a bit of a forced one, as if she was trying hard to make Lucille smile at least a little bit.

The latest reveals had been quite... dramatic, after all.

Elaine Winters

Surprisingly enough, Oceandrop shook his head.

"While you may take a lot after your father, I wouldn't go as far as to say that you're the same. His secrecy affected a lot, and at the end of the day, I think John is afraid of letting people too close to him. His memories have made him jaded to the point that he tries to shoulder all the responsibilities on his own," the principal said. "And while you have a hint of that, at least from where I'm standing your eyes aren't nearly as jaded. Perhaps your mother's influence, perhaps something of your very own, but all the same, I think there's hope for you yet."

With a big swig, the man emptied his mug and slammed it against the table. What he served afterwards was a big, refreshed grin.

"And if nothing else, you know how a life lived like that can end up in - a live role model to help you choose a better path! And just in case you need another one, take it from another fool like John - there's nothing good about ending up as rotten adults like us," the man spoke. "Well, that's the philosophy we shared, at least. We might both be a bunch of awkward old men, but in our eyes, our duty is to teach the next generation to do better than us."

Having said that, Mr. Oceandrop grabbed his jacket from the coatrack and threw it on. As he glanced at the rain outside, he also grabbed a hat and a raincoat, and started switching his dress shoes to actual hiking boots - ones that looked like they had seen lot of use lately. They still had hint of mud on them.

"And speaking of which, I think it's time! Since nobody else is coming, you'll get the dubious glory of being the only participant of Mr. Oceandrop's Detention Hike!" The man proclaimed, striking his chest with his fist. "A brisk walk to the Ghostwood Overlook and back. And, if we time it right, I think you'll see something quite wondrous - enough to make you believe your eyes are fooling you."

The near-boyish grin had returned, and there was a twinkle in the eyes of the principal.

"A front-row seat to one of the mysteries of Road's End," he said while trying to sound like Rod Sterling. "Interested...?"

Colt Davin & Liana Skye

"O-oh? Change, is it? V-very well, I shalt do my best!"

With that, poor Cathie was finally released from the death grip. The redhead staggered backwards, slumping into one of the chairs while wheezing heavily, trying to catch her breath and holding her ribs. It was painful-looking enough that Dr. Canseliet had to actually check on the girl, but as luck would have it, she had been saved from any injuries (if not counting for wounded pride). Thus, after she had recovered a bit, she accepted the tea that had been brought with a relieved face, looking like she would think twice before getting close to Tris in an emotional state again.

That being said, Liana may have wished upon a monkey's paw when she asked to be the recipient instead...

"----Hnn!"

After all, when Tris first caught a hold of her, she felt almost like her eyes were ready to pop out of her sockets. This girl's strength... it was ridiculous. Unreal. Way too unreal, considering what lithe arms she had. Whatever the source, it couldn't have anything to do with her actual muscles. This was bona fide supernatural strength, something belonging to the denizens of the Turnside. And right now it was squeezing all the air out of her lungs, all because of the friendly warmth of the girl sitting on the hospital bed.

Still, Liana could also feel how fluttering the heartbeat of Tris was. She was both excited and still little afraid, yet the atmosphere of the room was certainly helping out a lot.

As were all the people around her.

"... That girl is even more dangerous as a friend..." Cathie muttered, sipping on her tea while eyeing the ongoing fiasco warily. "Where did you even find her...?"

Another set of spoons clinking against the tea cup joined the soundscape as Doctor Canseliet finally returned around the bed, apparently feeling safe enough now that Liana had taken the place of the sacrificial lamb. The good doctor had regained her mysterious smile, and calmly sipped on her beverage while listening to Colt's words. And as she did, that smile seemed to grow... but at the same time, it got somehow worrisome.

It was at that point Colt realized that human mouths should not have been capable of producing such wide, devious smiles.

And neither were their eyes usually glowing in such a manner.

... Just what was this woman?

"Reimbursement? Oh, we'll be certainly talking about that," Dorothy replied, chuckling quietly. "This is a proper clinic, after all. I'll heal anyone I can as long as I get my reward - but only if I get my reward. After alll, I can inflict maladies in just the same way as I can take them away. In fact, I have a couple of hundred of them bottled up in the storage, if you want to see..."

For some reason, Liana had a troubling flashback to last night and carrying many brown, old-looking bottles with mysterious contents and even more mysterious labels.

... Just what had she been cleaning up!?

"... That being said, I'm a bit troubled right now," Dr. Canseliet continued, putting her oversized sleeve against her cheek. "You see, usually dealing with people is easy. Everybody loves money after all, and it is important to them. However, you, Child of Man..."

Suddenly.

Colt felt a chill.

The eyes of the doctor were upon him now, and they locked him in place.

"... To you, money is just trash, is it not? You have no emotional attachment to it," the good doctor spoke in a quiet, yet clear, manner. "So instead, what sort of precious thing am I supposed to take away from you...?"

The chill grew, like a hand creeping up Colt's spine.

Vier Wolff

The journey hadn't been easy.

First, Vier had to make her way to the other side of the town in pouring rain. Then, afterwards, she had to walk through a forest with no proper paths, soaking her clothes with water and mud in the process. While in that forest, she had to orienteer herself so that she found the landmarks that would eventually lead her to the area she was looking for. As it turned out, finding the Star Lakes was surprisingly hard when there was no proper elevation, so the girl ended up wasting a bit of time.

However, hours after she had left, Vier finally got it within her line of sight.

... The almost ruin-like remains of the McLampet Saw Mill.

The old, dead, shriveled up heart of this ghost town.

It stood there like a mausoleum of some sort, braving the pouring rain but only by a hair's breadth. If the building collapsed any more, it would probably just shatter upon itself, or at the very least the roof would give away. And at that point the constant rains and storms would get inside and ruin whatever working equipment possibly still laid there.

Judging by the look of it, the saw mill had two floors, with most of the space in the larger building taken up by where the saws would have been. Whatever office space remained must have been on the upper floors, hidden at the sides, or connected to the small train depot and a loading dock that was the grey building at the side. Indeed, Vier could still see the half-buried railroad tracks that led deeper into the forest, heading out somewhere to the east - somewhere far, far away from Road's End...

... Of course, those tracks didn't actually lead anywhere at this point. Whatever was there, with the exception of the old train station perhaps, had long since fallen to ruin just like this place. And the tracks were most likely not connected to the ones further to the east, meaning that even with them, Road's End was as isolated as ever.

Still... Vier and her new companion had arrived.

And all around them reigned absolute silence.

John Dove

"Woooow~! Guys, did'cha hear? Johnnie here acknowledges that I have sexy legs~!"

Of course, the first thing they (Ubon) would latch onto was one of the irrelevant things that John had said in order to demonstrate his own mentality. And the girl must have known better, because there was no blush of an embarrassed maiden (?) on her face. Instead there was just a teasing grin, and an elbow digging itself into John's ribs. At the same time Ubon lifted up one of her legs and wiggled it around, showing both a remarkable dexterity and total lack of common sense - as per usual.

However, that did get a good round of laughter from the people at the table.

"Wow indeed. I wish I had the gall to say something like that with straight face," Caleb joked, sipping on his coffe and cocking an eyebrow at John. "Remind me to never play poker with you, man - at least for actual money. I get the feeling you'd sweep the table."

Aleen, who had taken her compliment in a bit of a different way, was still blushing quite heavily and playing with a lock of her hair, twirling it around her finger.

"W-well, irrelevant or not, it says something that you can still hold s-such opinions, right?" the girl asked, sneaking a glance at the emotionless boy. "E-especially if they happen to be true!"

This caused Inacio to raise eyebrow in turn, and the musician leaned over the table to look at the bluehead.

"Oh? Opinions can be true?" He asked, chuckling to himself. "And here I thought they were purely subjective, and in no way objective."

Aleen threw her hair back and snorted, pointing her nose firmly towards the ceiling.

"They can so be! I-I mean, I'm hella cute, after all!" she retorted. "Nothing wrong with John recognizing that! Just... well... eh, how do I explain this... I mean, if John can h-have an opinion like that, or something else, it doesn't matter if they feel irrelevant to him, right? That's a good start. I mean... I always thought you were just a dull block of wood, no offense, but hearing that, it doesn't seem to be the case. Someone like that wouldn't be able to hold opinions like that in the first place, yeah? So it means you've got something slowly growing in that soil at the garden of your mind."

... It was a bit surprising, but as it turned out, even Aleen King was capable of being somewhat introspective.

A fact that Ubon seemed to agree with, as she put her leg back under the table and nodded.

"Yeppers! Johnnie here's been trying really hard lately!" She said and patted the boy on the back - hard. "Makes me all proud of him, for realsies! I mean, it's hard to recognize your own problems, much less try to fix them. So the fact that he can, it's... it's kinda amazing!"

Inacio, upon hearing that, also gave an agreeing nod.

"Mhm, it's quite something. Like John said, we all came here for a reason - because of our pasts. And I don't think they were the happiest of pasts. But since, out of all the people in the world, we were given a chance to try out a place like this... At least I think we should try our best as well. Try to face whatever's brought us to this point. And honestly, with the help of people who are going through similar things... I think it's possible," the Lusitanian spoke. "I-I suppose in that sense, I agree with Mr. Oceandrop's goals. Though it does make me wonder why us exactly were chosen..."

Caleb, on the other hand, had leaned back in his seat and was sipping on his coffee with a bit of a troubled look.

"Oh, right... the movie night. Well, it was an idea that came to me yesterday, after I met up with Vier and Aleen here," he explained, pointing his thumb towards the bluehead. "I wanted to... well, I guess I wanted to make up for screwing up royally that one night."

Immediately, the atmosphere shivered around the booth.

Nobody liked to be reminded of that night.

"So I figured we'd try to get a movie night going. You know, popcorn, old movies, maybe some Twilight Zone, the whole nine yards..." he started, before heaving a heavy sigh. "... But the atmosphere at the dorms isn't exactly good for that right. Everyone looks like they're on a mission, doing something important, and honestly drifting apart further and further. It's like they don't think they have time for something like that."

--- In a way, Caleb was probably right about that.

Elaine Winters

Well, I suppose I wasn't nearly as much of a jaded old loser like my old man. This had pros and cons, to be honest.

An old hurt dinged at the corner of my heart when I heard mention of my mother, eyes unconsciously drifting to gaze out the window, taking in the rain that had fallen on my red coat not so long ago.

"Yeah, maybe it was her," I said, "But it's been a long time, and I, well I don't like thinking about her too much."

I cleared my throat, dislodging the gentle lump that had nestled in it, and moved on.

"But yeah, he was always pretty clear about the bunch of us goobers not ending up like him, and we all had our own ways of goin' about it, Jim took off for Stanford a couple of years ago, working on a STEM degree, probably the only one of us to set down some roots, Dan's probably the most like Dad, but he's a softie, even more sentimental than I am, and seems like there's not one town this said of Mississippi that he doesn't have some kind of 'special friend' in town."

I paused.

"Even this one, actually."

"But yeah, Jimbo's the smart one in our little squad, he'll probably cure cancer or something in a few years. That or find definitive proof of extraterrestrial life."

Dad just listened to Coast to Coast for work, Dan just moaned, complained and flicked through his tabloids and People, but Jim'd be up there, ears perked and drinking it all in.

He actually called in a while ago, I heard it on the drive-up, made me smile, knowing he was okay.

"But hey, sure, hike time! Never really a bad time to go on a hike, well, actually that's not true, a hurricane isn't great, or a tornado, or a forest fire."

I've been in all of those and they're all horrible.

"But, just a bit of rain ain't nothin' to worry about. Get that good rainy pine smell."

I clumped a bit in place, noting my own stompy steel toes (Dad made 'em mandatory, and I got used to them after a long while).

Then I perked my own (hypothetical, I hoped) ears up at the mention of a mystery, even if I couldn't look super deep into it, it was good to have something to pass along the grapevine.

"Hoh? Mysteries at the Overlook, huh? Haven't been there since I trotted up there with Hisa on, uh, Tuesday. Met some odd fellow called Rosencrantz, nice enough guy."
    Last edited by Mormarth; March 18th, 2021 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Where did you even find her?”

Colt bit into a chocolate chip cookie. Buttery, gooey, fresh from the oven. Without a doubt, Liana is a good person, mysterious entry into his class be damned. If only Xylia had baked him cookies instead of shot him last week. Or at least baked him cookies before shooting him.

“In the woods.” Colt answered the question in a matter of fact tone. He took a sip of tea, warm bitter and sweet tones chasing the cookie’s chocolate. “In the middle of the night.”

What use was there in even beating around the bush with that question, after all?

“You should see her sword. It’s more like a giant hunk of iron. I bet you’d need some sort of heavy machinery to lift that thing normally, but she tosses it around like a toy.” Colt finished off the cookie. “She and another classmate were both playing around with and showing off their huge swords in my room earlier. Almost had me afraid they’d punch out a wall… I wouldn’t wanna explain that to Inacio.”

Upon taking another cookie for himself Colt noticed that Dr. Canseliet had come to join them, seemingly satisfied that Liana had offered herself up as a distraction.

Perhaps she would escape the cruel fate of friendship after all.

“Reimbursement? Oh, we'll be certainly talking about that. This is a proper clinic, after all. I'll heal anyone I can as long as I get my reward - but only if I get my reward. After alll, I can inflict maladies in just the same way as I can take them away. In fact, I have a couple of hundred of them bottled up in the storage, if you want to see..."

“As fair as fair can be, if a bit uh, worrying to hear.” Colt laughed at the joke which was not a joke, taking a sip of tea. “Well, I’ll pay, so I guess there’s nothing to worry about.”

The greedy boy possessed by a sweet tooth took another cookie.

"... That being said, I'm a bit troubled right now. You see, usually dealing with people is easy. Everybody loves money after all, and it is important to them. However, you, Child of Man..."

Colt froze in place. His hand which was in the process of delivering the baked treat to his mouth stood still, and the boy’s eyes rose from the cookie to the woman speaking to him.

The boy felt a chill. One that warm tea and freshly baked cookies wouldn’t easily banish.

"... To you, money is just trash, is it not? You have no emotional attachment to it. So instead, what sort of precious thing am I supposed to take away from you...?"

For a few seconds he stared at the doctor and her devilish smile.

Then...

“... Ya got me there.” He pulled the cookie back, holding it up like something to be inspected. “It’s just a thing, isn’t it? Money. It’s not even mine, but I use it. I barely earned it, but I have it. Everyone wants it, and I have so much of it, I’m told to value it, but what even is it?”

He turned the cookie around in his hands.

“To me, something like this is more valuable than anything you’ll find in my wallet.”

The boy turned the cookie around and around. Carbs, fats and sugars. That’s all it was, but it had more intent and meaning behind it than any money could ever had. Liana said it herself, after all. Love is an ingredient.

“Well, I don’t have much then. I could give up these cookies… but I also have this,” his free hand dug into his pocket, procuring a locket of faded silver. Colt held it out, offering it to the doctor. “Though I don’t think you’ll be able to accept it.”

He set the cookie back with the rest of the batch.

“I mean that literally. But you’re free to try.”
    Last edited by Spinach; March 18th, 2021 at 08:04 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Oh I love chocolate chip. Are you some sort of mindreader?”
    "Mind reader no, chocolate chip is just a safe choice in my experience~"

She smiles.

Of course that does not mean she does not have opinions on such abilities, the mind is a person's last sanctuary after all, and the ability to invade that sanctuary is one that she does not think others should use casually; it is something of a violation of the self, a crime of the heart if not of the mind, and thus, never a thing to be done casually...

It has it's uses, of that she won't deny.

There are times when it would certainly be handy to read the thoughts of others, but...

---It never sits completely well with her, still-

Such thoughts are quick to leave her, as a sudden grip on her body -grip that almost squeezes all the air out of her lungs instantly- becomes the far more pressing problem about five seconds later-!

Not normal... Not normal...!

---She had underestimated the other girl's strength; she had been able to overpower her somewhat earlier, when she had been tired out, but...

"...!"

The same does not apply for her full strength-!

It's supernatural in nature, she can recognize that instantly; passive reinforcement of this type was something she struggled with herself, according to a few people it was because some part of her brain was rejecting her nature as a member of the Turnside, and thus, her flow of power -while still strong- wasn't as strong as it could be... It was some sort of subconscious block... Of course, she had her ways of getting around it, but-

"You're... Really strong... I'm... Super....Impressed...!"

-none that she was willing (or perhaps able) to use right now-!

Indeed, it is simply a hug after all-!

Hugs from cute shy girls are fine, even if said hug is doing it's best to crush her insides; the friendliness in it is something she simply cannot deny, an earnest desire for friends that she couldn't turn down on her worst day, so-!

Instead, she does her best to reciprocate-!

A hug is only truly complete once you hug the other person back right? Even if the world is starting to pulse in and out as her body struggles not to succumb, the violet-eyed girl just smiles and does her best to pat the other girl on the back in a comforting sort of way-!

"It's... A good hug... Top marks... And from someone cute too... It's a good day...!"

Yes.

She will put the majority of her energy towards not passing out-!

Gah... Going dark... I... No, I can...!

But it might not work-!

And that's why-!

"But... Um... Your tea will get... Cold... If you don't drink it soon...!"

She tries to open a way out!

She will do her best to persevere regardless, but a way out!

A way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy
    "Reimbursement? Oh, we'll be certainly talking about that," Dorothy replied, chuckling quietly. "This is a proper clinic, after all. I'll heal anyone I can as long as I get my reward - but only if I get my reward. After all, I can inflict maladies in just the same way as I can take them away. In fact, I have a couple of hundred of them bottled up in the storage, if you want to see..."
    Wait... What the hell?

Of course, she hears some things that would ordinarily have her doing a double take, but-!

Is that what was in those?! What would have happened if I dropped one?!

It's a mostly rhetorical question.

She knows full well what would have happened, she would have had some curses on herself to break...

No big deal.

She could handle a few fae curses-!

"I'm glad I... Just broke the... pickle jar yesterday... Next time... Clearer labels please... Auntie..."

Ultimately, in response to Dorothy's words...

Liana just has this much to say.

---She doesn't have the air for much more...

Although... Listening to Colt's answer, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “To me, something like this is more valuable than anything you’ll find in my wallet.”
    "Is it now...? You have good taste..."

The cookie is... That valuable huh...?

She smiles.

People that really appreciate cooking are somewhat rare...

---Today was a good day then...

Worth skipping school, even if the teachers jumped her over it later.
    Last edited by Airen; March 19th, 2021 at 06:13 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

This rain makes riding through the mud a mess. The umbrella I've got feels like a piece of newspaper for all the good it's doing now. Good thing this helmet is watertight.

I make my way to the cabin, following along the tracks I know Ahti left.

Silly boys. They both know where the other is. They want to see each other. But they're dancing around instead of just meeting in the middle, like cats scared of their own reflections. Scared of what the other might do. Or maybe scared of what they might do.

Until one of them loses their cool and makes the first move. It won't be a first move filled with purpose; it'll be blind panic and uncertainty, masked over with fearful rage. That's how humans argue with each other. It won't be a proper battle; it'll be an argument to the death.

"Phew..."

The run down cabin does a decent job of blocking out the rain. I heave a sigh of relief after the battering ram of drops echoing into my skull finally goes quiet. With that near-silence, however, my ears can make out noises beyond the rain. Noises coming from upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti
    "... yeah, he's there, no doubt about that... but... I'm not... we'll see... that bastard... has it coming... I doubt... know... what he..."
    "Calling home, huh...?"

Guess even Ahti has people he misses. Or maybe he has to check in with his handlers once in a while.

I consider, for a moment, the quiet approach. Then I immediately discard it. This cabin's old and creaky and full of dust. Either I'll make enough noise coming up those steps to wake the dead, or I'll trip over a loose floorboard, or I'll end up sneezing again. Besides, I don't really want to spy on Ahti in the first place. Better to just ask up front.

"...yeah right."

I'll ask up front after I get the drop on him.

I exit the cabin. Back into the pouring rain. Look around.

There it is. That tree. And at the end of the branch... that window. Still totally climbable. Rain shouldn't be an issue. And in the dark, with my clothes this pattern, the rain should obscure the noise and make me nearly invisible. Should block out the smell too. But more importantly...

"Dynamic... Entry...!"

I'm taking revenge for that wasabi thing now, Scrooge.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"... You only now realized? Jesus Christ, you're like the poster girl for 'don't be like this'. You seem just the type who'd stick her hand against a pan to see if it's hot. But since you seem incapable of sarcasm and take everything literally... yeah. You don't have a good judgement. To be honest, I can see why the fuck they'd send you out here."
    "...Oh," I said quietly. I felt very small all of the sudden. "I.... I didn't realize."

"I swear, you're exactly the type that can't be left alone for one minute or you'll blow yourself up or something..."
    I looked down at my shoes. He was right, wasn't he? In the short time I'd been left alone, I already created an abomination. I'm not really all that trustworthy. So when Elaine's snack emerged in front of me, smiling and presenting me a frog, I naturally picked it up, looking at it curiously.

"For me?" I asked, looking down at her. Was Elaine not planning on eating her? She'd been around for awhile now. "Thank you very much, tiny morsel. I shall treat your grand gift with great care."

I peered at the frog for a moment, squinting my eyes. Raising a single finger, I ran it down the creature's back, feeling the slightly slimy nature of the skin against my own.

"And it's not like I can ask from the brat. She don't speak a lick of English. Hwan said something about some form of Taiwanese or something, can't even remember right. Which doesn't surprise me. That girl is like a bundle of maladies, both mental and physical. Gotta wonder what the hell she's even doing out here."
    He then proceeded to jabber out a bunch of nonsense.

"Well, not like I can tell without proper equipment..." He said, before shooting another flat stare at Alexstrasza. "... And I guess I'm a moron for telling you and expecting you to understand what the hell I'm talking about."
    "Of no help? Perish the thought, Travis! While your words may be beyond my ability to process, I have already figured out one thing!" I extended my finger from my hand, my head tilting to the side as I smiled. "The tiny morsel... Is not an emergency food source! She is a friend!"

I was quite pleased with myself for this discovery. If this was prior to today, it may have taken me quite a long time to figure out such a thing.

"It is not as if she's a monster, Travis. Are you getting enough sleep? If someone you care for is in danger, you simply eradicate all the things that could harm them. That way they can't be hurt!"

I winked at him, to show that it was a jest. I'm getting quite good at this 'socialization' thing, aren't I? Honestly, I'm... wow, its hard to even fathom.

Am I actually really good at it? Is this my next evolution, already upon me?!
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elise Pelltier

So that's it then?

Elise leaned against the wall of the school, where the edge of the roof provided her with some shelter from the rain.

It's kind of hard to discount the prophecy when it all lines up so neatly. I can't just shrug it off as coincidence anymore. Right time, right place, right demon. Looks like the Lowgate Prophecy is coming true after all. Somewhere Michael Lowgate is feeling smug and satisfied because he told you so.

Not that the rain particularly bothered her.

So the whole point of my entire existence, my entire reason for being, is to what? Serve as fuel so a demon can manifest here? That is so stupid.

"Eugh," scoffed Elise.

She crossed her arms and turned her attention up to the clouds.

As dumb as it sounds, my life would have been a lot more convenient for me if I'd stayed dead.

Elise closed her eyes and thought back her final moments. It wasn't hard. The memory of the light was still there. That all too bright, terrible and all-consuming light that had engulfed her entire being.

Not-not I can say that I'm unhappy about being alive again, that's great, it's just that... everything was wrapped up so nicely and I wouldn't have to deal with this prophecy nonsense.

She opened her eyes again, still staring up at the clouds and feeling somewhat grateful that they obscured the sun for her today.

Well, I guess not so neatly really. Sure, my body was reduced to radioactive dust, and the demon had no chance of incarnating under those circumstances. It would've been banished back to Hell, and my soul should've gone alone on its merry way... but I guess my soul would've still been trapped in Road's End because of the soul beacon, right? Well, given that everyone else died that day too, I guess I'd at least be in good company.

Elise turned her gaze back to the Earth and let out a frustrated sigh.

If I can't write this off as a terrible coincidence anymore, I guess I can at least hold out hope that maybe it's not quite as ironclad as it sounds? I've only heard second or third hand summaries of the prophecy, not the prophecy itself. Maybe it's not certain if the demon will manifest or not. The Lowgates just prepared for the worst case scenario, and drove themselves to ruin, and dragged the Salpinx of Woe halfway across the world for that. Samuel will know for sure.

She pulled herself away from the wall of the main building.

Okay, I'm grasping at straws now, but what matters is that I'm not out of the game yet, thought Elise, And, hey, worst case scenario at least I can take some comfort in knowing that thanks to the Lowgate's hard work there's a living weapon out there somewhere to keep LBJ in line if I'm gone. So, yay?

Nothing's good about this, but it could be worse. It could be alot worse.

Having no particular direction to go in, Elise chose to walk a lap around the Main Building on her way back to the dormitory. Turning the corner towards the back of the Main Building, she spotted a familiar figure playing with her dog.

"Oh, hey Subaru. Hey Tonkori," greeted Elise with all the cheer she could muster, "How's it going?"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille groans, not really in the mood, though she does feel like she needs a glass of cold water. But she can do without it, as she’s done many times before. No, what she wants is peace of mind, but peace of mind is impossible to get now. The fact Sakura has even mentioned going off somewhere feels unbearable, but she knows it’s normal.

At least, this time, Lucille can know where and with who.

“What’s the reason?” she asks, trying to resist the urge to sit up. She should sleep. A well-rested warrior has the clearest mind. Even if her sleep is terrible, it’s something. But she really needs to know, now that Sakura has brought it up. “If it’s not confidential, anyway.”

Hisa Momoi

“There’s always time for something this important,” I said as I leaned forward a bit, so that I could see his face properly, “Well, I already have some things I would like to say here...some questions, some things I would like to clarify. But that can wait until after.”

There was no point interrupting him now, nor did it make sense to draw conclusions this soon before I even heard the whole story.

That’s why, even if just as some encouragement, I lifted my hand and planted it atop his. It was sort of amusing looking at it like this...mine was almost small and fragile, compared to his, which felt big and strong. There was no way I would have been able to squeeze it properly even with both hands. Still, I tried my best to hold onto it, as I leaned against him, resting my head on his shoulder.

“So please, continue.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

After a couple of hours, I finally saw the McLampet Saw Mill. I decided to survey it from a distance first in order to analyze it a bit. Eventually, I didn’t see any movement or hear anything so I decided it was safe enough to banter with the doll.

“Finally managed to make it here. Was it this difficult for Hisa last week as well?”

Normally, I would take it as a sign of lunacy if someone was talking to a doll. However, considering that this doll was from the Turnside and that it wasn’t a doll but an axiom of Hisa Momoi’s power. I should say that it’s just a normal day in the Turnside. While waiting for it to respond, I decided to take a quick status check on myself.

Physically fine. Drenched due to my normal civy clothes being unsuitable for a prolonged raining hike. Equipment bag was fine due to its nature as waterproof creation. I should switch to my 410th gear… While I expect my contact with Fyrtio to be fairly peaceful… If she isn’t who I think she is, then there is always the possibility of a fight occurring. With that in mind, I started placing on my gear under the cover of a tree. Whilst removing my wet clothes, I asked the doll a question.

“Hey since Hisa was here last week. Where did they exactly meet Fyrtio? While it wouldn’t take too long to investigate the saw mill due to its size, no point in doing that if you already know.”

It didn't take too long for me to appreciate having the thoroughly soaked outfit off and something more rugged and dry on.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

“Yes, yes, don’t let it get to your head,” is John’s prompt retort to Ubon’s reaction, hoping the girl’s loudness is not bothersome to the other diners. “And yes, it is as you say, Caleb: people who play cards with me do so exactly once.”

What follows is a trail of opinions from the others at the table—and an offhanded insult from Aleen, but John knows first impressions can be like that when it comes to himself.

“Trying hard…” he repeats Ubon’s words in a mutter. He must be quite the unusual case—considering they are all supposed to be “problem children”, it must seem a little odd that one of them can make any sort of “progress” in just a few days. Their issues should be a lot more stubborn than that. How can he explain, though, that he has lived through not one, but two weeks, and that it has been the strangest kind of shock therapy? Exposed to a completely different world, it is only natural he had to question and reexamine everything he thought he understood. Not that he is implying everybody could use a violent dumping of Turnside to improve as a person—he still does not know whether the current John Dove is in any way better from the one of the past ten years.

When Caleb explains the deal with the “movie night plan”, John has to ponder it in silence, interpreting the issue from his position. Indeed, Caleb Montjoy is definitely not aware of time loops or the truckload of supernatural threats from all sides. Even if he is connected to the Turnside in some way, he would only see his own facet of it. If he isn’t, then to his knowledge, the most important problem assailing him and his classmates should be homework. How does it look like to his eyes, then? Unexpected cliques seem to have formed in less than a week, and more than half his classmates are skipping, so it’s not like he can extend an invitation during class time like for the beach party.

This cage of time and space is forcing all the people from the Turnside to deal with whatever baggage they brought along with themselves, but it turns out it does not end at your own, personal baggage. Somebody else’s baggage may also strike you down, as it regrettably happened to Elaine Winters.

“It is not that hard to understand,” he muses. “We are supposedly ‘problem children’, with issues meshing with normal society. It makes only sense for people like that to be slow to open up to others, or to be picky on who they choose to communicate with. I mean, it’s not like everybody at Pinefall is a lone wolf or something—plenty of small bonds seem to have taken shape in just a few days. We all know what happened between Lucille Faraday and Mercedes West, for example. Vandemeel and Ramalsaqr seem to get along fine, as well as Cesarina Feroce and Alex—Miss Lockhart. And there’s Pyry and Momoi, who seem all but stuck at the hip since day one. So it’s not as if our classmates are against contact and interaction.”

Nah, their classmates are nowhere near that simple. If they were, their words and actions would have never reached him, and he would remain the same John Dove from two weeks ago.

“Rather than a reluctance to engage, I think it is more of a rejection of engagement not on their own terms. Well, that’s as common among ‘normal’ people as it is among us ‘problem children’.”

Indeed, that seems to be the main feature of the Turnside and its denizens. They double down on the characteristic fallacies of the human condition.

“‘If you do not think the way I do, you are a fool,’” he continues. “‘If you do not act the way I would rather you act, you are an idiot.’ ‘If you do not bend to my ways and do what I want, you are in the way and I’ll have nothing to do with you.’ ‘Everybody else should mind their own business, but I reserve the right to decide whether your business is my own.’”

It is almost incomprehensible. Human beings have all the tools to get along, yet they purposely wire themselves to do the exact opposite. Humans of the Turnside seem the deep end of the spectrum of self-centeredness, but that in itself is understandable to a degree: supernatural powers are the imposition of one's own rules upon the world. You probably need to be more than a little selfish to be able to use it.

Well, it is not as if he is any different. Taking away the value of others means he, too, has lived his life rejecting other people’s thoughts, words and behavior. Nothing else mattered, everything else seemed irrelevant, before that night’s sublime vision. However, it is precisely because he is the worst of them all that he can see such things so clearly in others: the self-centeredness, the barriers, the thorns, the diffraction separating “what I want” from “what is right.”

“Someone who has turned their back on the world, or someone who has decided to world is not on their side…it makes complete sense for such a person to keep others away; to only dare approach when they are in control of the situation and hold the ‘advantage’, whatever that means.”

It would be hypocritical of him to hate the Turnside people for being so extremely human. However, life goes on, no matter what you do. The world is not such a convenient place that lets you stick to ‘your own ways’ and ‘your own people’, while avoiding everything you deem disagreeable. Thus far, his way to deal with the world’s uncaring nature has been “endure it.” Naturally, those with power would not accept such a conformist idea.

Besides, it is not as if what’s keeping most of the class from enjoying high school life is their fundamentally self-centered personalities.

“There’s more to it, of course. There is the fact that the town is naturally predisposed against us, and something happened a few days ago that brought even an FBI agent to investigate; something that definitely makes us look worse to the eyes of the locals. There are also things I’ve heard about suspicious figures lurking around town and near the school. Suspicion is rife, and we ‘problem children’ are obviously the type to not defer to authority and take matters in our own hands.”

And there is more!

“And of course, there are those who were never interested in the high school experience or in things like ‘Drop Distance’ or ‘learning to live in society’. I am talking about those who had their own, personal reasons to join this program and come to this place. Because there is definitely at least one such person among us.”

A whole lot of them, but they do not need to know that. Yet. Hopefully never.

“Long story short, everything in this place conspires against a fun, simple high school experience. It sucks, but it is how it is. If anything, it is good that we can gather like this, in peace, even if it is as a small group. I cannot speak for myself, but perhaps this could give you at least some hope for the future.”

Unfortunately, he has to wade back into the mire of mystery and paranoia. He may have no power, but he is ‘in the know’ about what is happening, and he cannot just pretend to be an ordinary high school student until Sunday arrives again. The truly despicable thing is that these people are also part of it, unaware that they are wandering blindly into perdition, and there is nothing he can do about it. He does not have the power to protect anybody. Those who can protect them are rightfully trying to snipe the threats at their sources, each of them following their own methods and priorities. The effectiveness of their individual strategies is not for him to judge.

Everybody is trying their best, the only way they know. Too bad that just might not be enough.

“Anyway, I’m getting myself some of that pie. Are you guys also going to order, or do you intend to just watch me eat?”

While looking for the owner with his eyes, John plans the next direction of conversation. Ideally, he should go for something to lighten the mood, but it is surprisingly difficult to come up with suitable topics.

“You were part of the group that stayed at the beach after the concert, right?” He asks Aleen. “What did you guys get up to over there?”

While he would like to hear Inacio’s and Caleb’s version of the test of courage, this is not the time nor the place to talk about it. Right now, he aims to get a little more out of Aleen King.

Hisa Momoi (Sakura)

“We are pretty good at navigating. It was a long trip, but that was mostly due to the distance, rather than just the difficulty of finding the place alone,” The doll explained, “However, it was still something we found rather baffling. If this is the place where most of the people in the town worked, then why is it so far and so difficult to approach?”

Maybe they were just approaching the place from the wrong direction. Maybe there was a shorter, more easily recognizable route somewhere around...or perhaps nature really just claimed back everything that belonged to it this fast.

Wobbling over to the tree where Vier started hiding her things, the doll welcomed the momentary respite from the rain and the slushy terrain quite quite happily.

Was it not Vier, who it recognized to be rather tight lipped and methodical, the doll might have even engaged in some small talk...but with Vier’s question soon hanging up in the air, it figured that it would have been inappropriate either way.

“Hmm...when we were here, she was..hiding on the second floor, I think. We were noted of her presence by the smell of gunpowder, since she supposedly shot one of the locks open. We also caught a glimpse of her on the second floor through the window. The way we imagine things to be, she was hiding up there, then jumped down through a hole in the floor to try to ambush the people who were checking out the room downstairs.”

The doll crossed its arms in front of its chest, its expression turning rather flat, almost displeased.

“Honestly, she was rather rude. Almost reminds us of you, Miss Tough Soldier. The shoot first, ask questions later type. Lucky for her that things did not escalate further.”