Page 173 of 244 FirstFirst ... 73123163168171172173174175178183223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 09.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

I opened my eyes to the sound of heavy rain. I would’ve liked more to sleep more, but there are things that need to be done today. I think today would probably be the biggest divergence from my visible public activities that I’ve done so far. Last week, I would’ve just gone to breakfast as usual. This time around, I needed to go to the Owl’s Nest, deliver a message to Aleen’s friend, work at the Owl’s Nest, and at the same point in time look for that Kicking Bastard.

Normally, I would fret about missing or changing my actions here… But I’m sure everything will be fine at breakfast. I don’t recall anything important occurring when I was there. I do remember trying to give Subaru Iburi a nickname, but everyone made fun of it. On a less important note, I think Aleen should be comfortable with most of our classmates. She might even be planning that event with Caleb Montjoy for him to make up for the other night and help everyone get along again.

I give a quick sigh before taking off all of my conspicuous combat gear and stashing them away into their hidden carriers in one of my gig bags. While my 410th combat gear could pass for normal clothing as long as it wasn’t touched, hiding my UMP45 and its ammo was always a more tedious thing. It had to be hidden well enough for it to pass a cursory look, but accessible enough to use within a moment's notice. Whilst doing my checks, I heard a knock on my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "V? You in there?"
    “Yeah one second.”

I did an experimental jump up and down to test my bag. I opened the bag to see if it was still hidden well enough… and it was adequate. With that done, I decided to push the dresser blocking the door and opened my door.

“Morning Lia. Ready for work today?”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)

"Hmm...? Eugh, definitely not it..."

As Prushka opened the door, a veritable catastrophe was revealed before her eyes. The small cabinet under the sink had been opened, and its contents were spread just about everywhere in the small bathroom. All sorts of cleaning fluid bottles, cosmetics, spare towels, you name it... it was sprawled all around the room in a manner of a wild animal going through trash. And indeed, that same wild animal was still there, continuing his assault on the contents of the bathroom. Currently he was sitting on the floor and holding a bottle of Mr. Clean in his hand, having sniffed it gingerly.

--- Ahti Jalopeura, of course.

The fact that his cape and weapons were nestling in one corner of her room should have alerted Prushka already, but then again, a morning like this made anyone slow on the uptake. Still, here he was. Lounging in her bathroom while causing an absolute chaos. Clearly he had looking for something, but then gotten sidetracked by all the items he literally didn't know the function of...

... And the roll of toilet paper.

Oh god the roll of toilet paper.

It looked like something fanged and clawed had assaulted it with glee, and now that toilet paper was strewn everywhere like streamers during a party. Battered, shredded streamers. And worst thing of all, his left hand still kept batting at the poor, murdered roll over and over again - like it had been some absent-minded form of fun for him.

"Oh. Imp. You're awake," Ahti suddenly said, turning to look at the tiny girl. "Good timing."

He lifted the bottle of Mr. Clean, along with an eyebrow, as he looked at Prushka questioningly.

"Where's that deodorant thing you showed me yesterday? I can't find it."

--- And thus he revealed his reasoning for having murdered the bathroom.

Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Weather: Overcast

As Alexstrasza Lockhart arrived to the hospital room she had been guided to, she was greeted by an unexpected sight. Not that of the one who had already caused her so much headache this morning, but of a more familiar face... though one already associated with headaches.

--- Noah Whiteknife was sitting in the room, absent-mindedly flipping through what looked to be Cesarina's patient record.

As for the green-haired girl herself, she was sleeping in the large hospital bed that dominated the room. Instead of her fancy, militaristic clothes that she so favored, the girl was dressed in a simple hospital gown and her wrists had been restained at the sides of the bed with padded and softened leather straps. There were multiple drips going into her right arm, whereas some sort of wired pads had been slid under her gown - most likely connected to her chest. The rhytmic beeping of a machine next to her showed that, at least for now, her heart-rate was normal. As for the other information presented by the screen... it was honestly impossible to say what that even meant.

"... Oh? Up and at them already?" Noah asked, glancing towards Alexstrasza as she entered the room. "What model behavior from a concerned friend~"

That genuine-yet-mocking smile of the violet-haired bastard had not changed in the least. If anything, it was blossoming even harder now that his favorite target of verbal abuse was withing the range of his words once more.

"... Still, sounds like she won't be waking for a while now. Poor, poor thing. Brain so excellently wired that it overheats with just a bit of excitement," Noah said, looking at the report in his hands. "Hard to believe there exists people like her as well. Then again, human body is truly a mysterious thing..."

A pause in the conversation followed, ended by a smirk from the medical intern.

"... Guess geniuses have their own burdens to bear, huh?" He said and let out a refreshing chuckle. "How fortunate you don't have to worry about that!"

He was firing on all cylinders straight from the get-go, huh?

Hisa Momoi

[Buwah-!?]

The sudden, alarmed sound that served as Hisa's response came clearly from Pyry who had been very, very suddenly yanked out of his dreams by her voice. Not only that, but it was quickly followed by a yelp of surprise and litany of foreign curses - clearly caused by the boy flailing out of his bed and falling to the floor. It took him a moment to recover, during which Hisa could spare a glance to the nearly empty cafeteria around her. In one table, she could see Inacio and Caleb in the middle of some sort of conversation - though the latter seemed to be in a sour mood and barely kept up his end of the dialogue. Meanwhile in another table, Aleen King and Subaru Iburi (fluffy version) were discussing something with great degree of enthusiasm, while Tonkori kept sneaking pieces of bacon off of Aleen's plate.

[Y-yo, Hisa... what's up? Sorry, you caught me while I was still sleeping...] Pyry's voice resonated in the scarred girl's head once more. [Gah, I think I bruised my butt... Anyways, how's it going? Everything good? Did something happen?]

The more he spoke, the more his questions were gaining a tint of worry. Clearly the boy still had last night's events in fresh memory, and was being slightly jumpy because of htem.

[O-or, do you need me somewhere? Just a moment then, I need to find a fresh pair of pants...]

Hisa could practically see the boy wobble around the room on all fours with bleary eyes, looking for clothes.

[I mean, everything I wrote yesterday smells like smoke, so... oh! Jerky. Nice...]

He really was still half-asleep, wasn't he?

And where had he found jerky!?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

---She doesn't have to wait very long for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by V
    “Morning Lia. Ready for work today?”
    "Of course."

Idly rolling her skateboard beneath a single foot now, the raven-haired girl flashes a tired smile in response to simple morning greetings, responding to them in kind in spite of her fatigue-!

"It's been awhile since I've been a waitress, but it's nothing new, should be fun to meet new people."

Well, specifically, she's hoping Mr. FBI Agent is still hanging around in the cafeteria; of course the Bureau were the orderly sort in her experience, being too casual and messy wasn't a sign of a good agent, so she could only really hope that he stuck too a schedule of sorts in the mornings-!

"Not looking forward to the rain though, was sort of hoping it'd skip us... Puts skateboards through hell if you haven't set them up right."

You need grooved wheels, stainless steel bearings, and the coarsest grip tape you can get your hands on if you don't want it sliding around in the rain, out from underneath your feet, and then if you don't dry it off right, the next day starts with you realizing your deck is soaked and lifeless... It's certainly an annoyance for a skater, but her board was decked out for it, it was one of the things she poured her limited funds into after all, and worst case scenario she could just fix it herself...

Sometimes I do think I should have just let the Doc force me to take the motorcycle with me though...

"How about you? Ready for the work life? Get enough sleep last night?"

Not that it would save me from getting soaked, but eh, life is unfortunate sometimes.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Cesarina wasn't awake. She was breathing, but her eyes were closed tight and her body was covered in wires. I clenched my fists as I looked at her, looked at the wires. God, I was sick of it. I was sick of the lying. The sneaking around. The endless misdirections to allow for my right to exist.

"... Oh? Up and at them already? What model behavior from a concerned friend~"
    "Are you saying that as if I am not a concerned friend?" I said, smiling back at him. "Fear not, Mister Whiteknife. At some point in the future, perhaps someone may be concerned for you as well!"

Noah was a genuinely awful human, but I couldn't fault him for it. After all, was I any better? I was a snake walking in human clothing. My shadow had gone frolicking off on her own, and my only friend was comatose.

"... Still, sounds like she won't be waking for a while now. Poor, poor thing. Brain so excellently wired that it overheats with just a bit of excitement. Hard to believe there exists people like her as well. Then again, human body is truly a mysterious thing..."
    I frowned, biting my lip. I had no idea what any of that meant, but it seems that Cesarina was still... knocked out? By what? By what? I had no idea what to think of Cesarina's current state, other then 'she has to be saved'. If only for my own arrogance and desperation, if nothing else. Wasn't it unfair to Noah, to mock a girl who was unconscious for no fault of her own? If anything...

It was probably my fault.

I looked at Cesarina's body, downcast. How could I deny that Cesarina fell down because of me? Because of my words, my desires, and my beliefs? If I hadn't tried to tell her... Maybe things would be different right now.

"... Guess geniuses have their own burdens to bear, huh? How fortunate you don't have to worry about that!"
    "Isn't it wonderful that we are in a hospital?" I said, not looking away from Cesarina's body. "After all, it means when I beat you half to death, it will be easy for you to find refuge in this house of healing!"

I winked at him, holding up a V.

"Sorry! That was a joke!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

"..."

Once more she was back in this dark place. It was not the safe haven where muse counselled her, nor was it the peaceful interior of her room at Pinefall high Dormitory. No, it was a pitch black place, yet one that felt very familiar, evoking memories of family and nostalgia. A crimson moon shone upon the night sky, casting eerie red light through the window panes and illuminating the figure which sat before Vivienne, staring at her intensely. Its bright red eyes cast a twisted reflection of her own blue irises; while her own were empty, void of emotions, these were filled to the brim with... frustration and anger; an incredible thirst for revenge... but against what, against who?

<<< How pitiful. You felt it didn't you? Frustration, Anger, Wrath... it was there, present, palpable, but when you reached out to hold it, everything disappeared. Was it a dream? An illusion? Or was it taken away... perhaps by yourself? Shoved into a corner, swept under the rug by your own unknowing hands... but no matter where it hides, you cannot escape it... this 'Phantom Pain'.

After all...

!ǝᴉl ɐ llᴉʇs sᴉ ǝᴉl a... >>>

It stares at Vivienne a while longer, a malicious grin on its lips. Eventually, it lets out a laugh, one which is clearly mischievous and mocking... and with that, as if it was a curtain call of some sorts, Vivienne Bianchi truly opens her eyes, and she is freed from this 'memory', as incorrect as it is to label this encounter as such...

Some time later... Vivienne Bianchi opens up the door of her room. She has of course gone through the usual morning routine of taking a shower, checking her belongings, and dressing herself up properly for the morning. Going to class in baggy pajamas would not be very socially acceptable, and would probably attract a bad joke or two from the more... 'free spirited' individuals at this school. Yes, continuing with her inconspicuous routine would be best.

Unfortunately there would most likely be an inevitable break in said routine. It had been decided since what had happened yesterday night... but paying a visit to a certain person at Owl's Nest was long overdue.

As Vivienne Bianchi opened her door however, she noticed someone else that it may be good to have a few words with -- someone that she had a run-in yesterday evening in fact!

Liana Skye was at the door of Vier Wolf's room, and the two of them appeared to be talking to each other. Naturally, it would be good if Vivienne had an idea what it was they were talking about, and if she could gleam some useful information for the future... perhaps even share what she had acquired herself...

... but she did not think very much about how she'd butt into this talk. Of course, she was silent and approached without making a sound, not only out of habit, but simply because that was what Vivienne Bianchi was -- a blank in the emotional spectrum, a quiet, soundless breeze that moved through without stirring anyone's attention.

When the boys didn't notice her that is. Probably.

Coming back to the matter, the joke she muttered while poking Liana on the back was... quite the thing to say in the morning.

"... your boyfriend killed me last Sunday."

It was a joke right?

Maybe Vier would get it. Maybe.

Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    ---The rhythmic sound of a skateboard rolling back and forth across the ground, guided by an absent-minded foot, comes to a slow sort of stop not at the poke in her back -although that does have her muscles tense for a moment- but at those impossibly blunt words, muttered into her back without any sort of warning at all, yes...

"..."

The sound of the board stops, because Liana Skye herself has stopped her more carefree movements, the sought-after refuge in easy conversation before information swapping, her bonds to the night not seeming willing to let her go quite yet, in spite of the early morning hours.

Still...

The ultimate reaction -after a brief period of silence- isn't anything too groundbreaking or extravagant; turning casually to face the girl that had wandered up behind her, the raven-haired girl's expression is mostly just tired...

Not really the place for this...

It's not too difficult to piece together what she is being told here; she had only spent enough time around one guy for others to refer to him as her 'boyfriend,' and well...

Did she believe Thorne was capable of doing that sort of thing?

Sure.

If he was ordered to do so, absolutely, that was the sort of obligation that came along with being a knight; luxury of disobeying one's liege is often not possible, so you sometimes have to do things you would rather not do, no, even beyond that...

Evil spirits lurking in the unconscious, spirits claiming responsibility for the many tragedies that had apparently taken place Sunday; it all gives off the feel of a puppet show, of a tragic incident that had been incited from the outside rather than naturally born from the people of this town, and even in a less idealistic scenario, well...

He hadn't actually done anything yet.

Time Travel policy was pretty clear on that-!

If she was going to go around judging people for crimes hypothetical versions of them committed, then she might as well arrest every member of this school right now... At the very least Vier had told her a rather messed up story about Subaru amongst other things, so there were a lot of 'potential' crimes lurking around inside of this Town, breaking points where people's worst sides emerge...

---It's in her nature to think the best of others, Liana Skye wants to believe that everyone is inherently good, so...

"Quite the thing to say first thing in the morning, Vivi."

Ultimately, her expression doesn't change much at all...

Is she being more forgiving because Thorne is her friend?

Probably the best of the newer ones she had made?

Possibly.

Hard to say.

Her voice doesn't raise, she doesn't get defensive or aggressive or even visibly surprised, just...

"That a part of that nightmare you were talking about a few days ago? Finally feel like talking to me about it?"

Tired, but ultimately still pleasant, after all...

She is supposed to be as bright as a clear sky.

"V and I have work to get too soon, at the Owl's Nest, but if you want to tag along I'll listen to you."

Calm and easy.

"...Also, he's not my boyfriend. Hasn't even taken me out for pie and coffee yet. Kinda shameful if you think about it."

An actual joke.

"But it's a work in progress I suppose."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"...Ahti."

I step into the bathroom, survey the damage.

The cabinets have been completely ransacked. Everything is strewn about, like a wild animal went through it. No, even a raccoon would've been more considerate than this.

"Ahti."

I step forward, reach out, and gently take the bottle out of the large man's hands before he tries to drink it down or something. And of course, the toilet paper needs to be saved as well, what's left of it.

"Ahti..."

I sigh. Close my eyes. Consider. Then open them up again, affixing the one-eyed cat-man with a tired but resolute stare.

"It's good that you're worrying about your hygiene. But deodorant is just the first step. You helped me out yesterday, so..."

One by one, the various items are arrayed on the sink. Soap, mouthwash, conditioner, toothpaste, a spare brush, a relatively clean towel, several combs, shampoo, and yes, even the dreaded deodorant stick, which had spent the night in my bag. Yes, this is enough.

It's not like he can be blamed. Ahti carried me to my room, so I can't be too harsh with him. All things considered, he's been doing his best, so it's only right that his earnestness is repaid.

"Sit on that stool there and hold still. I'm gonna clean you up so well that even blondie wouldn't recognize you."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

A truly silent, uneventful night. Nothing but the dark, stillness of a sleep without dreams. No sneaking out of the dorm. No violent encounters beneath the moonlight. No Muse to divine the future for him. No Dot.

That boring, mundane sleep was a godsend. Stress and anxiety were piling up in a disorderly mess, like an first timer playing Tetris, until that perfect bed-shaped piece miraculously slid into place and dropped everything by four levels. A necessity Colt hadn't realized he'd so sorely needed. Feeling surprisingly awake, a stark contrast to how he normally woke up, the boy rose from the floor, which he had once again taken to sleeping on to accommodate his knightly company.

A pillow narrowly missed slapping him upside the head as he stretched, a slow yawn emptying his lungs. Pure luck was what kept him safe from the unexpectedly turbulent dreams of Tristellia. He turned to sneak a glance at the sleeping girl, when all of that luck evaporated as the pillow accompanying the first hit his face with a dull pomf.

"I get it." A voice muffled by a pillow, a pillow which was firmly embedded in his face, spoke out. "No peeking."

Whether he was speaking to himself, the sleeping knightess, God up above, or the next closest thing that played with the strings of fate... didn't matter.

After sticking to his face for a moment, the pillow slowly fell down, and with a shrug Colt went to the bathroom. The normal morning rituals passed in a flash. Face washing. Toothbrushing. A bit of hair combing. Inspecting the red pillow-shaped shade on his cheeks and forehead. The usual.

"Hey Tris," checking the time, Colt came over to the bed and whispered to Tris in a voice loud enough to wake her, should she be on the verge of waking up, but quiet enough to not disturb her if she still had more sleep to catch up on. "It's sorta time for me to get ready for school 'n stuff."

At that he scratched the back of his head. He'd skipped twice in a row. Going in now without a real explanation would be awkward, but taking that as an excuse to skip again would just lead into a spiral of truancy.

"Not sure if I'm even gonna go in today but... well, for now I'm gonna go out for breakfast."

Somehow, he felt like that last word, no matter how silent it was spoken, may get a response from sleeping
    booby
    beauty

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

“Of course. It's been awhile since I've been a waitress, but it's nothing new, should be fun to meet new people. Not looking forward to the rain though, was sort of hoping it'd skip us... Puts skateboards through hell if you haven't set them up right."
    I give a light sigh. I knew I was forgetting to mention something yesterday… Looking at Liana’s skateboard, I wasn’t sure that you could make it through rain even if it was set up properly…

“Sorry, I forgot to mention it was going to rain today. Are you sure you don’t want to borrow one of the school’s bikes? The puddles on the way to the hotel might be up to our ankles with how much it is raining outside. But at the very least, I guess you’re used to it if you decide to do it.”

Or I would hope Liana would have some idea on how to ride it in weather like this since her skateboard seems to be very customized. Granted possession didn’t imply mastery over anything you owned. Case in point, I owned a used Der Nagel however I didn’t know how to refill its energy without comparing it to either the whole set or a powered one.

"How about you? Ready for the work life? Get enough sleep last night?"
    “Personally, I wish I got some more sleep last night, but I got super into analyzing some of Bram Stoker’s work last night. But I think I should be fine for today. How about you?”

Eventually, Vivienne Bianchi came out of her room and started walking down the hallway. I thought she was going to pass by since my room was a little out of the way compared to the stairs. However, she eventually turned towards Liana and I until she was behind Liana and poked her in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne Bianchi
    I looked at Liana and then Vivienne Bianchi back and forward repeatedly. I could only assume Liana knew whoever killed Vivienne Bianchi last week. And while I wasn’t sure on who that person was or what kind of person they were. I would like to think that Liana wasn’t the kind of person who got close to someone who wouldn’t kill without a reason. However, Vivienne Bianchi also didn't seem like the type of person who would start the altercation normally either...

Since I lacked information on the motivations of Vivienne Bianchi's killer, I decided to switch mental tracks. The fact that we were casually talking about last week openly and even slightly coded. While I know everyone at my door knew about the Turnside and knew about the loops. That didn’t solve the issue that we were discussing something… very Turnside sensitive in the middle of the dormitory where I was smack dab in the middle of. My only solace was that out of context, it wouldn’t make sense since we never met each other until earlier in the week and Vivienne Bianchi can’t possibly be here if she was truly killed.

"Quite the thing to say first thing in the morning, Vivi. That a part of that nightmare you were talking about a few days ago? Finally feel like talking to me about it? V and I have work to get too soon, at the Owl's Nest, but if you want to tag along I'll listen to you."
    ...Wait Vivienne Bianchi already approached Liana directly about this earlier in the week? I’ll admit it was suspicious that Liana replaced Adelaide Cheshire, but if that’s the case then why didn’t Vivenne Bianchi approach Xylia Pheme…

“Ah so that’s why you took my news really well the other day. Vivienne hinted at it, I’m guessing? But yeah let’s talk about it on the way there… It would be horrible if we show up on our first day wet and late...”

That and the rain would naturally muffle our conversation to most listeners.

"...Also, he's not my boyfriend. Hasn't even taken me out for pie and coffee yet. Kinda shameful if you think about it. But it's a work in progress I suppose."
    “So Avery’s? I'm assuming you already heard about their cherry pie and how it's to die for. I thought Aleen was exaggerating initially, but it was actually really good. On the other hand... I would say that probably isn’t the best place for a romantic dinner, but it’s not like there’s options around here… Unless you’ve heard more than me.”

I placed on a drab looking poncho that was long enough to cover my bag and myself while biking over to the Owl’s Nest. Honestly, I would prefer my 410th Gear if it wasn’t so obvious. Smaller, more compact, better water resistance, better heat retention, but beggars can’t be choosers.

"Everyone ready to go?"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

H-huh? Smells like smoke?

Becoming rather conscious of something, I raised my hand out of my pocket and sniffed the sleeve of my hoodie. A faint smell of smoke hit my nose, but it wasn't far as bad as I would have imagined. Was I not looking for it, I might not have noticed it in the first place. Still, in Pyry's case it was likely worse, considering the events.

[S-sorry, didn't mean to wake you up.]

With my attention back on the mental conversation, I started stirring my tea slowly while absentmindedly watching the rest of the people in the cafeteria.

[I didn't realize you could still be sleeping, with all this noise and whatnot,] I continued, noting to myself that heavy sleepers indeed existed, [I was just trying to see how this thing worked, but...it's even better than I expected.]

In the meantime, the cafeteria wasn't exactly what I could call lively. Other than me, there were only two pairs of people - perhaps it really was still too early in the morning?

One of the pairs was Inacio and Caleb, with their discussion looking rather one sided. I couldn't quite tell why Caleb looked so sour, but maybe this was the punishment he was getting for that one night. Inacio, on the other hand, looked...normal. Just like always. And yet, there was that mystery surrounding him regarding his hotel room. Was he just this good at deceiving everyone?

[A-anyways, take your time. I'm just grabbing some breakfast while trying to come up with a sensible plan.]

Something that I wasn't even sure how to get started with yet.

Should I try my luck here?

Or try to look for some more familiar faces?

[Would be nice to know what's been up here while we were away.]

Somewhat restless, I took a sip of my tea.

[Did Ru see anything?]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

The door to Anna’s room clicked shut behind her just as the P.As blared to life, filling all the corners of the Pinefall dorm with their horrible tinny noise.

For once, however, she was already up and about long before the music started. The alarm she had set on her CASIO wristwatch had made sure about that. It had taken half an hour to set it, but once she managed to get the hang of it, it seemed to have worked without issues. Though, all things said… in some ways, the incessant beeping was about as horrendous as the tacky music from the speakers.

Either way, the clock was ticking and she hardly had any time to waste away.

Yesterday had proven fruitful in its own way. At the very least, she had now a bit of a better idea in regards to the situation at hand and of the nature of the player… or perhaps more accurately one of the players behind the scenes here in Road's End.

It had to be blasted moonchildren of all things. Bloody noumenon made flesh.

Things would have been hard enough without it, but of course, Road’s End just had to have its fingers knuckle deep in the mess that The Wickedest Man in the World had left behind in his mad vendetta against the World.

It took her a moment to find the person she was looking for in the wide-open common room.

“Mornin, Indiana.” Anna gave the white-haired girl a lazy wave. “You busy at the moment? If not, I have another treasure-hunt planned for this morning, you know?”

A hint of hidden mirth entered Anna’s voice.

“Who knows? Might be even more exciting than yesterday, you know?”
    Last edited by Mellon; January 18th, 2021 at 10:53 AM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

[Ahh, right... I did ask him about it when I got to my room last night, but aside from some people sneaking out, it didn't sound like there was much trouble.]

The mental message came to Hisa's mind while accompanied by an odd sensation of the boy chewing on something... something that must have been the piece of jerky he had found from somewhere. Mental grunts and sighs were also present, making it sound like he was slowly waking up and getting dressed. Honestly, a way of communicating like this had turned out to be quite useful and convenient. If only actual phones could be made into handheld, lightweight models that you could carry around so easily...

Still, for now, this was more than enough.

[As expected, Ru didn't know most of the people, but it sounds like a lot of out classmates were out last night,] Pyry continued. [Guess we weren't the only ones getting into trouble, huh? Ahahaha...]

The laughter that the scarred girl could hear in her mind was more than a bit sheepish. And considering what had happened, Pyry's reaction to the events of last night were quite understandable.

[How's the girl, by the way? Still sleeping? Should... should we bring her some breakfast, too? Actually, I need to bring some for Ru, and then there's Gradient...] A sigh escaped Pyry's mental lips. [It's like we're running a secret inn at the dorms or something. Just how many people are we gonna have to hide in our rooms...?]

Honestly, the boy had a point. The amount of outsiders that were sleeping at the dorms right now was getting alarmingly high, and at some point the faculty would have to notice. Then again, considering it was already Friday, maybe it was something to worry about only if the next week came. It's not like the teachers had been around during the weekend last time, right?

[Also, d'ya need me to bring anything? I figured I'd get over there to eat since I'm awake anyway] Pyry continued. [Better get the day started right with a little grub. And if you want, we can try to brainstorm something together. As in, regarding what's our next step.]

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Sorry! That was a joke!"
    "Ooh~! So we've gotten to the point where we can joke together like this~! How great~!" Noah replied without missing a beat, that same smile on his face. "And here I thought you were about to snap, but guess that was rude of me. I should have known that a fine lady such as yourself would have more restraint than that. After all, losing one's temper is just unthinkable, uncouth even..."

Still chuckling to himself, Noah turned back to the papers he had in his hands. From the looks of it, shooting back at his verbal barbs just made him more excited, like it was his very special brand of coffee that he drank in the mornings. Indeed, the violet-haired boy looked almost like a cat that was playing around with a mouse, batting the poor thing around with no intention of kiling it just yet - just watching its amusing reactions for some sick and twisted reason.

Or, well, in Noah's case the reason was quite clear.

He was more or less a sadist, wasn't he?

"... That being said, I think you're showing such a troubled expression way too easily. Especially in the morning. Honestly, it's kind of ruining my appetite for breakfast later," Noah continued, letting out a little sigh. "I mean, I know it looks all dramatic, what with the IVs and the electrodes, but really... reading this, it's nothing quite that serious. Juuuust a little bit of brain hyperthermia, along with few others symptoms..."

The boy flapped his overly long sleeve vaguely in the blonde girl's direction.

"... I wasn't kidding when I said her brain overheated. Think of it as, hmm... well, if you keep a stove heated up for long periods of time. At some point you need to switch it off and let it cool, or else it'll crack," Noah explained. "So since her brain didn't want to crack, it switched off in order to avoid any real damage. Guess you could fault her for being way too overly smart for her own good, but ah..."

The boy let out a snort and shrugged.

"... Calling her a mutant would just be horribly rude. Plus not even nearly technically correct. Ah well..."

Another brief pause followed, during which Noah returned to the papers.

One ended by him opening his mouth and saying:

"... So if you're planning on blaming yourself, don't. That's both factually wrong and will just get in the way of her recovery."

Without even lifting his eyes from the medical report.

--- Well, maybe even he wasn't a complete sadist. He was an aspiring doctor, after all.

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Sit on that stool there and hold still. I'm gonna clean you up so well that even blondie wouldn't recognize you."
    "Urgh... fine."

With clear hint of rebellion in his voice, the boy sat down on the stool - just as ordered. However, considering the size of his frame and the lack-of-size when it came to the bathroom, it was still getting quite crowded. Ironically, had Prushka been a normal-sized girl, she would have had a hard time moving about the room at this moment, but as things were... she was doing just fine. For now.

That being said...

"Just so you know, you try any of those namby-pamby lotions or oils, and I'll stick you in that showerbox and turn the water to cold," Ahti grunted, eyeing the blonde girl suspiciously. "I tried it. Doesn't feel good. If anything, it feels somehow worse than a forest stream. Plus the plastic curtain keeps sticking to me no matter how much I avoid it..."

--- Truly, the meeting between civilization and barbarism happened in the weirdest of places.

Like in the bathroom of one overworked high school student.

"Why do you even need all of this stuff, Imp?" Ahti continued, nodding towards all the bottles and assorted cleanliness products. "Just feels like a waste of space and money. In other words, useless. Well... aside from that party paper. That's kinda neat and fun. What's up with its location though?"

Ahti raised his hand, like he was about to bat the poor, violated toilet paper roll once more.

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    "Not sure if I'm even gonna go in today but... well, for now I'm gonna go out for breakfast."
    "--------?!?"

As if a guard dog alarmed by the sound of a burglar entering, Tris practically jumped up from the bed after hearing those sweet words that promised food. Her eyes shot wide open and for one scary moment, it looked almost like she was about to continue her momentum and just dash out of the door while wearing nothing but her tank top and ill-fitted boxer shorts (clearly stolen from the local gas station). However, as if luck would have it, cooler heads prevailed and the girl instead sat there - in Colt's bed - looking around herself with slight confusion.

Though, when her eyes finally met those of Colt, a warm smile blossomed on her face - a smile so innocently happy to see him that it was rather hard to look at as a adolescent young man with certain ulterior motives.

"Oh! Colt! Good morning!" Tris beamed. "Did'cha sleep well? Honestly, I had such weirdo dreams that I almost---"

For some reason, the girl stopped talking as if someone had shut the zipper on her mouth. She stared straight ahead, her brain wracking over something, while the awkward silence grew longer and longer. Then, relaxing her shoulders, Tris quietly and matter-of-factly coughed into her balled up fist...

... And started up again, like nothing had happened.

"Oh, Colt! Good morningeth!" The girl greeted him. "Didst thou sleepeth well? Forsooth, I had such bizarre dreams that I almost woketh thee up in the middle of the night to tell thee abouteth them!"

She was ignoring her own mistake.

She was ignoring her own mistake and continuing like nothing was wrong.

"Still, breakfest, thou sayeth? That soundeth wonderful!" Tris said and clasped her hands together. "D-dost... dost thou thinketh I could j-join thee for this breakfast?"

The way she fidgeted with her fingers could have made it look like she was shyly asking to accompany the boy she had a crush on... but the tell-tale sound of her stomach rumbling in the background told that there was one thing, and one thing only that the girl was interested in.

Food.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Gotta be clean and - yawn - presentable. That's what this stuff helps with. People don't like it when your breath stinks, your hair's got knot and bits of wood in it, or there's dirt on your nose. It's a 'society' thing."

I'm not even going to bother explaining what the other half, the beauty products, are for. There's absolutely no way he'd get that.

"Now let's see... you've been taking care of yourself pretty well, huh... just gonna do the hair then. It'll be quick."

Washing in a stream and combing this with your fingers won't cut it. Ahti's got a nice mane and it needs proper care. Let's see... he doesn't seem to mix well with civilization, so - I snatch up a small bottle and a larger one. The all natural products should be good.

The sink flicks on, slowly filling with water, I find a box to stand on, and a towel settles around Ahti's shoulders. One squirt of greenish goo one one hand, two pink squirts on the other...

I gently run my fingers through his hair, starting with the ends and working my way towards his scalp, making sure to get an even coating. Once it's softened up the comb will come out.

"Oh, and that party paper - it's for wiping your butt."

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory – John Dove’s Bedroom (Room 106)

John Dove opens his eyes after a very short rest.

Naturally, his first thoughts are of moonlight, so beautiful it sears the soul.

Focus, John Dove.

Brutally unforgiving to himself, the boy commands his mind to get to work, rather than immense himself in the amniotic comfort of Her memory. As if to get back at him for the callous demand, his mind goes through the events of the previous night in a torrent of images, sounds and emotional blows.

Ubon.

Liana Skye.

Vampire.

Moonlight, now dim, but nonetheless beautiful.

The US Air Force.

Unnatural wings in the night.

The cold wind on his face.

Vertigo.

Mages and Mystics.

Elizaveta Vyraj.

The girl with an eyepatch, laughing in the woods.

Inacio Ilusão.

Agent John Ferguson.

Hiroto Hatou.

Dyschronometria—

As inexpressive as ever, John pulls himself out of the bed. Life goes on, after all. His eyes rest on the slip of paper in front of his door, but he follows his own schedule and leaves it there until after a short and very cold shower.

He needs to think about his actions and decisions the previous night. The question lingers in his mind: what would have happened if Ubon had not been there?

However, that is not the right thing to ponder. It is the fact that his decision-making was majorly influenced by Ubon’s presence. He restrained himself because she was there, because he had to be mindful of her well-being.

Because he prioritized her safety over his own objectives.

Standing under the showerhead, John mulls over that simple, yet nonetheless strange-sounding idea. It should not be so strange, right? He chose life, after all. He would not do something that would endanger another person unnecessarily.

However, it is strange. It feels strange. Because She was involved.

“What am I…supposed to become…?”

A “normal” human. A complicated, self-contradicting, inefficient creature, that more often than not makes suboptimal choices based on emotional impulse—

That was the right choice. You made the right choice.

“But…I do not feel any different.”

Making a single un-John-Dove-like choice does not make John Dove a different person. His soul is still full of moonlight, and his heart still bursts with devotion and gratitude towards the numinous vision of that night.

That…will probably never change. He does not want it to change.

Who would wish to let go of feelings so pure, strong, and beautiful? Even more so, who would wish to let go of the only authentic feelings they have?

It is Friday. In the previous iteration, he woke up with his mouth tasting like seagull. He is also supposed to do his exercise routine today—last time he went to the pool—, but that does not seem a likely possibility this morning. This he confirms while still undressed, when he grabs the piece of paper and reads its brief contents.

John holds back a sigh. He wishes he had more to show, but…well, he should be used to things not going his way by now. The campus entrance, though? A more…private location would be preferable, for a number of reasons.

If the basic sequence of events remains unchanged from the last iteration, then Cesarina Feroce is no longer in this campus. According to that time’s Subaru Iburi, Cesarina should be in the hospital, and Alexstrasza should be aware of this. A part of him wants to go there and verify that this is indeed the case, but in the current circumstances, that might not be the most prudent thing to do. Besides, he cannot renege on his words—that would not be proper. This is his chance to settle a matter of life and death, so he has to take it. Furthermore, this might be the chance to verify that other thing…

Looking at his usual clothes, though…those could use a visit to the laundry.

Spoiler:
    New clothes do not a new man make. Especially when it’s all greyscale.

Naturally, he does not forget that valuable, dangerous object. Raising it to eye level, John finds himself chucking mildly, for it appears something has indeed changed, after all.

He no longer feels any attachment towards this thing.

However, he will hold on to it for a while longer. Not because he wants to keep it, but…

“…because I chose life, right?”

Feeling somewhat refreshed (but still in need of sustenance), John Dove leaves the room, closing the door and locking it behind him. His destination is the campus entrance—

—he pauses, key still inside the lock, his face pursed into a sudden frown.

“…wait, something wasn't quite right just now?”

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liana Skye
    "Quite the thing to say first thing in the morning, Vivi. That a part of that nightmare you were talking about a few days ago? Finally feel like talking to me about it? V and I have work to get too soon, at the Owl's Nest, but if you want to tag along I'll listen to you.

...Also, he's not my boyfriend. Hasn't even taken me out for pie and coffee yet. Kinda shameful if you think about it."
    "It's a joke... or maybe... it isn't? Hehe... "

Vivienne tilted her head, as if she was telling that to herself... perhaps something had happened which had soured her mood... or bettered it? It was quite hard to tell if this was an improvement or a degradation of the emotionless girl's mood. The little snicker she 'simulated' at the end off course, had very little charm to it, being extremely unconvincing -- but could she really do any better?

"... but thank you for helping. Yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by Vier Wolff
    “Ah so that’s why you took my news really well the other day. Vivienne hinted at it, I’m guessing? But yeah let’s talk about it on the way there… It would be horrible if we show up on our first day wet and late...”
    Vivienne nodded silently at Vier's comment. In accord to... all of it really. She herself was going to suggest that they get out of here since they didn't want any kind of unwanted eavesdropped, though it would be nice if the information they had gathered would be passed to some more people they trusted... like Hisa, Prushka or Elise. What had happened to them? Did Elise still need her help? Perhaps on their way out they would find out but... Vivienne really had something she had to do, something that perhaps she should have just done when they had 'awoken' from the 'bad dream'.

"I am also... going to Owl's Nest... so I will be... accompanying you."

Going to Owl's Nest on bike while it was raining... now... why did that seem familiar?

Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    "... but thank you for helping. Yesterday."
    ---In the end, she smiles to herself at this simple comment.

She hadn't been able to be one-hundred percent sure at the time of the identity of the mysterious artist from yesterday, but the nature of that art had made a pretty solid case for it being this girl, and, well...

"No problem~ I like to help where I can, hope you found what you were looking for."

It's true.

All of this had started from a simple desire to help others right? Titles like hero and guardian just make things more complicated at times, not that she doesn't like them, but a show of gratitude from anyone every once in awhile...

That made things easier.

So...

"Anyways, guess we should get going then, eh?"

The rain should cover most of their real talk; no reason to make super big groups for this sort of thing, she was sure the others would spread information around their own circles without her having to do it, so...

"But borrowing a school bike... Not sure I'm coming back to class today, got someone I might drop in on after work... So just taking a bike and not coming back with it might be a bit rude of me to do..."

Concerned with small, trivial things like that?

She really couldn't help it sometimes.

"Think I'll chance it on the board for now, if it gets too bad I can just ride with you, right V? Bicycles can be ridden in tandem after all~"

An innocent enough comment, or a sort of teasing joke?

The sing-song nature of her words makes it hard to tell...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Ooh~! So we've gotten to the point where we can joke together like this~! How great~! And here I thought you were about to snap, but guess that was rude of me. I should have known that a fine lady such as yourself would have more restraint than that. After all, losing one's temper is just unthinkable, uncouth even..."
    I watched Noah chuckling, frowning as he did so. I didn't understand him at all, his lackadaisical nature and inscrutable ways just made him all the more confusing by the minute. Was he trying to bait me to kill him? If so, I would never take his ridiculous bait - for one, Noah looked entirely unappetizing as a morsel. To eat him would also infect me with his terrible sense of humor. He didn't even like practical jokes, how could I ever let that become me?

"... That being said, I think you're showing such a troubled expression way too easily. Especially in the morning. Honestly, it's kind of ruining my appetite for breakfast later, I mean, I know it looks all dramatic, what with the IVs and the electrodes, but really... reading this, it's nothing quite that serious. Juuuust a little bit of brain hyperthermia, along with few others symptoms... I wasn't kidding when I said her brain overheated. Think of it as, hmm... well, if you keep a stove heated up for long periods of time. At some point you need to switch it off and let it cool, or else it'll crack," Noah explained. "So since her brain didn't want to crack, it switched off in order to avoid any real damage. Guess you could fault her for being way too overly smart for her own good, but ah..."
    How? That didn't even make sense. Was it because I encouraged Cesarina to analyze that devil of the air Prushka had loaned me? Was it just overstimulation in general? This didn't just happen, there had to be a reason behind it. Justification, as it were. In this dismal hospital room, there was nothing but murmurs of my own inadequacy. I could heal Devon, but not Cesarina? Ridiculous. Beyond absurdity. If Noah wasn't here, I would have done it in an instant.

Damn. I should have never brought Cesarina here in the first place. I could have taken care of it on my own, right? And then I wouldn't have this ridiculous shadow. I mentally poked the link to Potemkin a few more times, because there was zero chance she wasn't getting into trouble. She was a being entirely made of my own negativity, and the things I did while enthralled by emotion were...

Well, to put it politely, it would not be ideal for Road's End to be destroyed.

"... Calling her a mutant would just be horribly rude. Plus not even nearly technically correct. Ah well... So if you're planning on blaming yourself, don't. That's both factually wrong and will just get in the way of her recovery."
    "Ahhh, your bedside manner is so delightful, Doctor Whiteknife," I said, clutching a hand to my chest. "If I was overcome with a fainting spell, would you catch me?"

I smiled at him, before looking at Cesarina, reaching out to touch her hand.

"But a mutant? If Cesarina Feroce is a mutant, what does that make you and I? As a human, I am unquestionably worse then Cesarina. As a friend, I am unquestionably worse then Cesarina. As a person, I am unquestionably worse then Cesarina. If I live, only to watch her die..." My free hand clenched into a fist, and I looked at Noah Whiteknife, half my hair covering one of my eyes. It hurt to think about.

I smiled.

"Then I would be forced to accept that damnable truth - God's only pleasure is the torment of His followers."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille shoots up from her bed, the din of the PA system rattling in her head, unpleasant noise she desperately wishes would silence itself. She sinks her fingers into the mattress, trying to get a grip on anything, but mostly herself. Ragged breaths and the soft patter of rain against the window mix with the song playing from the speaker, until, eventually, it dawns on her mind that she needs to get going, or she will be here forever.

She glances at her hands, no longer coated in fresh blood, and briefly looks down her nightgown, expecting a gaping wound in her heart. None of it is there, but there is a pain that lingers in her mind nevertheless. He truly does hate her. That, at least, is reality.

“I deserve this,” she says to nobody in particular, stumbling about, trying to perform her morning routine. “But can’t you leave everyone else alone?”

She doubts he will hear, or even care. In fact, those words are probably just an invitation to do just that. It’s a pointless plea, really, but she hopes he listens anyway. They were friends, once, before she ruined everything.

-----

A few moments later, Lucille Faraday is outside Colt Davin’s room. She has her school bag with her and has already prepared a reasonable sounding excuse as to why she so desperately needs to accost him to any nosy passerby. That, and finding an excuse to check on him is fine with her. Sure, there was someone else she could ask, but…

Colt was definitely the friendlier of the two. And the one more out of his depth.

“Colt,” she says as she knocks on his door, “are you there?”
    Last edited by Katie; January 20th, 2021 at 04:44 AM.

Elise Pelltier

Elise watched the rain fall from her dorm room window. Most of her attention, however, wasn't on the gloomy weather outside, but on her faint reflection in the window. The reflection watched her impassively. Elise closed her eyes, and tapped her forehead on the window. The window felt cold. Past experience told her that the window also tasted like dirt and copper. She hated that she knew that.

Right. All I need to do now is stop an angry spirit from turning me into a pawn in its insane revenge game against my friend.

Elise let out a long, frustrated sigh.

Again.

She tapped her forehead against the window a second time.

What am I even supposed to do? In theory, I can punch it, or trap the damned thing with my thaumaturgy. In practice though? It's a ghost. I can't see it or interact with it unless it wants me to. That means I can only engage it on its own terms. What am I supposed to do? Wait around until it shows up again and hope that Sakura, Subaru, or I remain lucid enough for me to do something? Can't say I care much for those odds, thought Elise as she considered her options, Uhg, maybe I should just go and pick a fight with a lighthouse instead.

She pulled away from the window and opened her eyes, and stared at her reflection again.

I'd much rather be able to get the drop on him, and encounter him on my own terms instead. I've got at least one idea on how I might be able to do that, but I hate it. So let's try exhausting all our other options before we seriously consider trying that.

With that, Elise turned away from her reflection in the dorm room window, grabbed her backpack off her bed, and headed towards the door.

Well, if I'm going to deal with this Michael Lowgate fellow, I think the first step is actually understanding who I'm dealing with. I feel bad about going behind Lucille's back like this, but I think my best bet in that regard is going to be asking Sakura about him, thought Elise as she left her dorm room and closed the door behind her, I believe Lucille when she says that she never betrayed and abandoned him, but that doesn't change the fact that there's a very angry spirit who who very much insists that she did. I think there might be considerably more to this story.

She pulled her key out and prepared to lock her door and paused, feeling a sudden, but familiar, sense of déjà vu.

Huh. Didn't I go looking for Sakura this time last week too? thought Elise, Didn't find her that time though. Ran into Travis instead. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

"But borrowing a school bike... Not sure I'm coming back to class today, got someone I might drop in on after work... So just taking a bike and not coming back with it might be a bit rude of me to do..."
    “It’s not like there is a time limit for the bikes. So I wouldn’t really worry about that or at least one that I know of. I kind of just grabbed one of the many bikes in a shed and went on my way after all. As for the other thing… I never heard anything or saw anything if the teachers ask.”

"Think I'll chance it on the board for now, if it gets too bad I can just ride with you, right V? Bicycles can be ridden in tandem after all~"
    “If you say so Lia, but why not just start riding in tandem from the beginning then? I don’t particularly mind.”

It might even be a good exercise because I would have to deal with the added weight and harsher road conditions. The usual worrisome factors of tandem biking such as additional traffic were subdued due to the fact that Road’s End was a small town. However for some reason, I feel like I’m missing something due to Liana’s singsong pitch, but I couldn’t see anything wrong with someone riding in tandem on a bike.

Regardless, we should be good to head out to the Owl's Nest...