Page 175 of 244 FirstFirst ... 75125165170173174175176177180185225 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Elaine Winters
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

As was an unfortunately rare occurrence, I woke up from my brief, but surprisingly fruitful sleep not in a frenzied whirl of motion fueled by panic and anger, but instead the slow, steady rise to wakefulness I'm told is more common in the vast majority of people my age.

It felt strange, but not altogether unwelcome, I mused to myself as I detached the clinging lamprey that was my bedmate for the past few days off of me with gentle force and quiet words, brushing my hair out of my eyes with a hand as I did so.

It wasn't precisely the most eventful of evenings, which I'm sure says more about me than anything else, given my, hm, chance encounter, so that likely contributed to my lack of any real exhaustion.

Well enough, I supposed.

Right then.

Right.

Things to do, people to see.

First things first, basic essentials.

I went about busying myself with the usual suspects of general readiness, dental, hair, anti-stank, whilist accomplishing them in a manner befitting a person who didn't typically have a lot of time for these things.

One hand lifted a stray bit of paper into the air, green eyes flitting over it lazily as the other hand diligently scrubbed away at teeth she had grown accustomed to dealing with.

Hm.

A spray of water dashed off most of the leavings, leaving the now-empty hand to swipe up a brush and begin the somewhat tedious task of beating the veritable mane atop her skull into submission.

Honestly, if she let it go wild for a few days, she half-expected it to start lashing out and consuming small animals, which, upon further consideration as she swept back her foe in a tail and firmly collared it, was actually quite plausible.

The simplest method was simply binding some sort of servitor spirit into her own hair and using the terms of the agreement that it'd been literally beaten into to use it in a aggressive manner. The Futakuchi method. Reliable, seen done, could probably do it.

But-

Discard, risk of unfortunate circumstances too high, chance of misbehavior also high, annoying.

Utilization of Qi?

Possible. Would need long term practice to do reliably.

Shelve for now.

Ritual? Possible, have records of folklore-based magics, but not with me, would need to consult records.

In any case, while this is annoying, it's probably for the best for me to just deal with my own mundane hair for the moment, instead of having to do some esoteric mystical methodology that will cause problems.

Even if it's convenient.

Anyway.

My own personal needs attended to (at least those that could be alleviated within the confines of my own room), I saw to supervising my own ward's needs.

Eventually, I concluded as I tossed some clothes her way, I'm probably going to need some sort of semi-reliable income in town so as to start buying up new clothes instead of having to deal with the hassle of 'adjusting' mine.

That or just start haranguing one of the squirts for theirs.

Pretty sure at least one of em'd do it.

Moving that along, gotta feed the beast, then have some meetings.

In either order, really. Pretty sure I should go ahead and eat before anything big, though.

Still, may as well take care of my personal business before anything else.

"Come on, squirt, let's go see Uncle Travis."

Need to make sure you get fed before anything else.

Lest you go ahead and get into anything unfortunate while I’m out and about, hate to do this to him again, but, well.

Guess I’ll owe him.
    Last edited by Mormarth; January 21st, 2021 at 08:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin
    Date: 09.09.1994 (FRI)

Colt planted his face in his palm. Why had he even expected Tris to get the hint? In the first place she had already borrowed his bed and was now borrowing his shower, wasn’t it a given that she could use his towel? She’d even used it yesterday. Of course it was fine to do so again…

“Colt. You are very lucky that it happens to be me at your door and no one else. I’ll let you, and whoever that is, explain themselves. Otherwise, I’ll run away with Gradient here.”

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh…….”

He sighed. At least from the sounds of things a fair trial was in order. And apparently Gradient was out there?

“Yes Tris, it’s fine. Use anything you like.”

No longer hiding anything, Colt curtly answered the question. Then he turned back to the door, undid the lock, and opened the door. As his eyes scanned the hall left and right to make sure it really was just Lucille and Gradient, the regret of letting Tris bunk in his room began to bubble up.

“Morning Lucille, Gradient.” After blatantly checking out the hall, he greeted them as if nothing was out of the ordinary. “Y’all can come on in. Or we can talk out here.”

He glanced down the hall, where anyone coming from the 2nd floor would come from.

“In’s better. Actually, I insist on in, because then I can make my case better. Gradient’ll back me up.” He turned expectantly to the girl who never ran out of surprising and odd sounds. “R-right?”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

As the last knots are teased out, the tap is closed, and the shampoo bottles are replaced by a fluffy towel (dogs tend not to like loud hair dryer noises, Ahti might be similar), so too does the conversation slowly peter out into comfortable quiet, interrupted only by the soft sound of hands running through hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti
    "Mmm, nah, I still hate it though. Like, I can't imagine letting people do this to me. Maybe that busty girl you had with you yesterday, but I doubt even her. She seemed creepy enough that I'd be naturally worried for my life if let her close. Hell, just being alone in the same room as her might be dangerous."
    "Hey, Vivi's not creepy. She's really nice, and she's doing her best. I'd let her wash my hair any time. It's just a matter of finding people you're comfortable with, that's all."

If it were yesterday, my admonishment would be much louder. Yet, given what happened, I don't have the strength to be really angry right now. Even though Ahti's returning to his usual crass and rude self already, trying to poke and prod me into a more comfortable irritation. Well, I'll give you half points!

"...'sides, she's not that busty..."

"Yeah, guess it's just you then. I don't really get it, but having you this close feels just fine, Imp. Guess you're just so weak and scrawny that there's no danger or something. And you don't smell bad either."
    "Heh! That's fine! Go ahead and underestimate me all you like." Should I take it as a compliment or an insult? Maybe it's both. Still, 'just me'... bah, those two are definitely doofuses cut from the same cloth. You can only say something like that without flinching by accident.

"Oh, speaking of smell, lemme use your bed. I didn't sleep a wink last night so I'm gonna catch some shuteye after this, and walking back to the cabin is a drag."
    "Oh, sure, won't be using it during class anyway - wait." I pause, halfway through fluffing his hair dry. "You were up all night?"

This, this idiot! What is he thinking!? Was he standing guard or something? How even, I don't-!

"Hah..." I sigh, force myself to take a deep breath, and leave that insane sentence be.

"Geeze... you should've said so earlier! Go on then, sleep as long as you need to! There's extra blankets and pillows in the closet over there, and if you get bored you can watch some of the tapes on the desk. Just be sure to push the cabinet in front of the curtains and block the door, unless you want to answer some awkward questions if someone besides me comes in. And don't leave fur everywhere, it'll be hard to explain away." My fussing stops, his hair nearly dry and quickly reaching maximum fluff capacity, as I finally recognize what didn't fit in his words.

"...What's that got to do with smell though? My bed doesn't stink, does it? I've only been here a few days... I mean, I guess anything's better than that ratty old thing in the cabin but... oh! Are you gonna use it to disguise your own scent so Lion-O doesn't sniff it out?"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Weather: Overcast

Noah's silence and Cesarina's touch should have soothed me, but instead, I was just getting more agitated. This familiar of mine, the connection we had, I could feel her annoyance through it. As if I was wrong, or incorrect in anyway, instead of completely in touch with the modern era. You were just born, Potemkin! How could you have any idea what normal people do!?

You need to be taught a lesson.

Urgh, don't get your granny panties twisted. I just wanted some time away from your flabby body and went out to get a soda. I'm not gonna get us busted because of that.
    I let out a sigh of relief. If Potemkin was reasonable enough, as she should be - she is, after all, a part of me, and I am the most reasonable person I know. I could handle her rudeness, as I handled most rudeness, with politeness and a smile. As long as she wasn't doing anything ridiculous-

Though, they didn't have anything good in the vending machines downstairs, and the woman at the reception was staring at me all weird, so I went out. But since it was raining I didn't want to stay out too long, and then I started thinking of places to have fun and...
    Yeaaahh, I guess I ended up back at the school. I found this stash of lemonade in the fridge that read "Touch it and die - T." so I figured I'd see if that'd really happen. After three bottles, not dead yet. But here's hoping, right?
    I frowned. Potemkin should not be seeking death, she should be enjoying the newfound wonder of existence! This wasn't right at all.

Oh, by the way, they have all this silverware just lying around in the dormitory kitchens. Do you even know how much one could sell this old junk for?
    Stealing, I admonished her mentally, is wrong. Please put the silverware back where you found it. I would ask you to write a note of apology to whoever's lemonade you stole, but I fear you would write 'Alexwhatever did it, because of the gargantuan desire that rests in her fat body.' So instead, Potemkin, you must hide the evidence! Replace the bottles with the rest, after filling them with water and casting a spell to make it fizz! That way, nobody will ever know that you drank them in the first place!

If you cannot prevent it, it is best to cover it up. Then nobody will know that you were ever involved in the first place. I smiled brightly, content that Potemkin wasn't doing anything too dangerous.

Come back soon, then. If you'd like to attend school, I am sure I can figure something out. If you'd rather be a dangerous vagabond that roams the town, that is also permissible.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“Hmmh...maybe?” I shrugged slightly, “Hard to tell with just that much information, but if they’ve been here for a while, then it’s likely they had a role in all this.”

How exactly did John get wrapped up in all this?

It was one thing that he’d get so infatuated with some vampire princess...but that he is in the favour of said princess too? A mere human, who wasn’t turned into her own kin or simply into a mindless slave?

...Well, not that he wasn’t somehow wrong in the head, so converging towards the latter could have been a possibility.

“Though, I’ve no idea how vampire hierarchy works, but it wouldn’t be too hard to believe that a subordinate would be infuriated if their master had such a relationship with a human. Especially if it’s one of those prideful ones, who just outright look down on humans.”

I gave another shrug. While I knew a bit about vampires, as in different kinds of beings who fed upon the lifeforce of others, my knowledge about this kind of vampires didn’t really go past the things one could read about them in novels.

“That said, I don’t think it’s any of my business. John didn’t want to talk about it, nor did he ask me to butt into his business...so I’ll respect that.”

He probably had enough people to help him anyways. He was smart too...when he wanted to be at least. So me breathing down his neck too was probably the last thing he needed.

“Still, good job keeping him safe,” I said as I gave the other girl a warm smile, “I admit, I was a bit worried, but I guess you can take care of yourself just fine.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Once we got inside of the Owl’s Nest, I tried to dry off my poncho as best as I could. Last thing I needed was for us to get inside and have to dry the floor. It was ultimately an exercise in futility because there was no way for me to fully dry myself off due to how heavy the rain was. Eventually, I just sighed in exasperation and stepped in with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Halloway
    "Oh, there you are. You girls arrived early. Hope you didn't catch a cold out there!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "I believe in being early, especially on the first day!"
    “Good morning, you could say that Lia and I are hard workers. It’s nice to meet you miss... Rachel right?”

Of course, I knew it was Rachel Halloway, but this was my first time meeting her this loop. So I had to act like I've never met her before. Granted, that was really simple considering that I haven't interacted with her too much.

"Honestly, it's still a good while before we'd need you. You girls hungry? We're currently serving breakfast, and I'm sure you'd much rather work with full tummies, rather than try to tough it out.
    "Breakfast would be nice, although I feel bad for relying on you guys so much..."
    “Just a little bit, but first I need to deliver a message to a… Kajal. Do you mind if I drop it off since it seems like you’re busy with paperwork?”

Honestly, I could just drop it off and let Rachel Halloway handle it, but I would prefer meeting the recipient so that I can do drop it off directly next time at the end of my first visit here instead of

“Also... do I remember wrong, and didn't we hire just two people? A friend of yours? Here for work too?"
    "She's a friend yeah, Vivi. I don't think she's here for work though, another friend of ours stays here we think? An Alex Terrot?"
    “Don’t think she’s here to work like Lia said… I think the two of us are the ones who really need to work at the moment. Maybe later in the year, you’ll see more of us needing money for things like Christmas.”

If we get to Christmas that is. Honestly, if I wasn't trying to recreate the loop as closely as I could. I wouldn't have bothered with working here. Time was more precious than money especially when someone would lose their life if I was wrong...

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“In’s better. Actually, I insist on in, because then I can make my case better. Gradient’ll back me up. “R-right?”
    “Well, if you insist,” Lucille says, also taking a look back at Gradient. Was this other person involved with Gradient too? If that was the case, maybe the solutions for this problem could be a lot simpler… or perhaps more complicated. Still, she did say she’d give Colt the benefit of the doubt, and the hallway seemed rather empty…

And with that, Lucille takes her first steps into a boy’s room.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    She looks at you, wondering 'well who could this strange person be'? It's sad isn't it? What did it all amount to in the end, Vivienne Bianchi? Nothing much, wouldn't you say? Look at her; she doesn't know you, she does not have the slightest idea of who you are. But perhaps it is better that way... perhaps that with things like that, you won't make the same mistakes as before. Ah... particularly intrusive am I? You could say that today is a great day... and after all... you did bring me along. Afraid that something might happen if you left me back at your room were you? No, no no no no... we both know after all why you brought me along. You are afraid, but not of me of course... rather what you fear is lacking my assistance when the situation requires it. To be left without the most vital part of the puzzle, without the 'true you'.

"I am... Vivienne Bianchi... I came here to visit... Alex Terrot..."

It is the classical greeting from Vivienne Bianchi, nearly identical to the one she gave Rachel at the lighthouse in that 'other life'. Of course, the reaction would quite likely be different: here, she did not surprise Rachel while the latter was talking to a certain ghost of a lighthouse -- there wouldn't be a discussion that would digress into talking about acting and plays. But did this subtle difference matter at all? Most likely not.

For a moment, it appeared like Vivienne was going to pull something out from the pocket of her jacket -- the way she reached for it, that very pocket she went for... it was the book wasn't it? Liana Skye would have probably guessed, but in the end, Vivienne changed her mind, simply being content to greet Rachel with words. Had she given up, or was this more because in her mind 'she had already done this before', thus there was no need for another drawing? One could only guess as they observed the blank and emotionless girl wave at Rachel Halloway as she spoke.

"Hello... Rachel... nice to... meet you."

Vivienne paused for a moment, looking around at the place, remembering its layout perhaps, even though she hadn't been here before during 'this life'... and as the girl recalled something, one could perhaps have imagined a little flicker of light into the soulless eyes of hers:

"Your coffee... I heard was... very good..."

Elise Pelltier

The rain continued to pound on the windows of the empty classroom as I listened to Sakura's story about Lucille, Michael Lowgate, and herself. Her voice grows quieter and more bitter as she gets closer and closer to the end of the story until finally the room falls silent. Quiet, save for the sound of the rain beyond its walls.

He loved her… but did she love him too? I glanced over to her for a moment. Her pain is obvious. While his intention might have been to 'free' her from Lucille's service, he betrayed Sakura too, and that would have hurt her no matter what the relationship between them was. I'm just not sure. I can't rule out the possibility that I've been reading too much Dr. Sexy MD and I'm just imagining romance plots where there are none.

Eugh. If we're right about the spirit of Michael Lowgate having influenced her on Saturday night, and setting her against Alexstrasza, he set in motion the events that led to her death. I'd initially assumed that was the whole point. The loss of Sakura was utterly devastating to Lucille, but if he loved her… Did he set her against Alexstrasza with her serving as a substitute for the vampire that killed him like some sort of vampire slaying in effigy? Was Elaine's interference that night just pure happenstance? Then again, I guess undead spirits can get pretty single minded. Did his love for Sakura die with that jaded heart of his? Did only his hatred of Lucille endure?

That's sad either way. It's one thing when someone you knew looks at you and doesn't remember you anymore. I'm living that. It's another thing entirely when they've forgotten that they loved you because they hated someone else more.

"I'm-I'm so sorry, Sakura," I decide to finally break the silence that's settled over the room, "That's terrible. For both you and Lucille."

As for Lucille… I guess my speculation wasn't that far off the mark. Although I'd assumed that she'd failed to save her comrade, not that her comrade had premeditatively chosen to betray her and ensure her downfall. I never imagined the heights to which she'd been raised either. In a way, I suppose Michael succeeded where Sakura felt she'd failed in keeping her humble; he broke the pedestal that Lucille had been raised onto. Not that I think he did anyone any favours there. As an expert in bad deals though, I think the price he paid was too high. The pain, suffering and loss of life that resulted from his betrayal were too much.

I frowned to myself. I still don't understand how Michael Lowgate can claim that she betrayed and abandoned him if he set out to betray her first. I don't believe that Lucille did, but, for the spirit of Micheal Lowgate to make that claim, there must be something to it? Am I missing a piece of the story then? Is Michael Lowgate just a big hypocrite? I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to cry treachery if you're already carrying a long knife. I suppose I've still got at least two more sides of this story I need to hear before I can really start to assemble a full picture. Then again, Sakura did warn me that this was a story that can shift and change form easily in the telling.

"How much does Lucille know about this then?" I asked, "She very much blames herself for what happened on that mission. The idea that she was betrayed doesn't seem to have crossed her mind. For that matter, what about Michael's grandfather, and this prophecy of his that Michael was trying to prove?"

That sounds like something that might have been relevant to last night's discussion about the Lowgate family, and the ancient curse upon this land, Sakura.
    Last edited by Thalraxal; January 25th, 2021 at 07:53 PM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Still, good job keeping him safe. I admit, I was a bit worried, but I guess you can take care of yourself just fine.”
    "Uh-hum!"

Ubon nodded and lifted her nose proudly in the air, fists on hips and managing to look rather smug... the same sort of smug that a dog whose just been given a treat after performing a trick looks like.

"I'll have you know I'm pretty strong when I wanna be, for realsies!" The girl replied. "So Johnnie had nothing to worry 'bout! And neither does either of you as long as I'm around! Heck, I'm pretty sure that if we just stick together, we're gonna be unstoppable this week! Nothing to worry about, in other words! For realsies!"

For a moment it felt like the cyan-haired girl had spoken in way too loud voice, but a simple look around told that neither of the other groups was focused on her at all. Aleen was still explaining something to Subaru in a rather worried-looking manner. Perhaps the ghost-incident from last week had reared its head once more. Though this time, Gabi wasn't there, acting as the witness. And on the other side of the cafeteria, Inacio and Caleb were still in the middle of their brooding party. One look at the Lusitanian's thoughts revealed that he was currently mulling over options as to how to smooth over the bad blood that had appeared here and there between the members of the First Class.

"Actually, that does remind me..." Pyry spoke up, though he kept his voice quiet. "How did we lose last time? I mean... I was with you at the time, right Hisa? And I'd think Ubon here would help anyone in trouble, even if you weren't this good of friends. Count yourself in, and we've got hell of a lot of raw power. How did the dangers of this town get a drop on us?"

The boy's cat-like eyes were studying the scarred girl with some worry, as if anxious about bringing up this subject. It wasn't the happiest topic, after all.

"It's just a thought, but if we take a look at what happened, maybe we'll get an idea as to what avoid this time and what not to---" Pyry spoke, but his words died to his lips as his eyes turned towards the entrance of the cafeteria. "... Oh what is that doofus doing now?"

There in the doorway stood a familiar-looking boy - familiar to Hisa, at least. However to the most of the teens of Pinefall, he would have been a complete stranger. A very suspicious looking strange, peeking into the cafeteria like only a suspicious person can.

Ru - who else?

"....!"

Spotting Hisa, the younger boy gave a quick, cheerful wave to her while Pyry groaned loudly and massaged his temples.

This was going to cause trouble, wasn't it?

Elaine Winters

In the end, finding Travis was surprisingly easy. Elaine just had to follow her nose and make her way to the kitchen of the dormitories, and soon enough she was greeted by a familiar sight.

Pinefall's own rebel-without-a-cause (though how much of that was true was now up to debate) was sitting at the table in the kitchen. In his hands were a cup of steaming hot coffee and what looked like a newspaper... though from the looks of it, the newspaper was not one of this day. Or this year even. It looked surprisingly old. The big text that read "Road's End Gazette" told of the name of the newspaper, but judging by how yellowed it had become, it must have been some very, very old issue. Hearing someone enter the kitchen, the boy lifted his eyes from his morning reading.

"... Hmh?" Travis grunted, before grinning a little bit as he saw 'Stephanie' trailing behind the blond. "Hah, taking your kid to kintergarden, huh? Early work for mommy dearest?"

Stephanie, on the other hand, let out a giggle and separated herself from Elaine's hand. She then ran over to Travis, who let go of the newspaper for long enough to tousle the girl's hair for a moment. Stephanie let out a delighted squeal in response, apparently having been looking for exactly this sort of response. Normally it wouldn't have been that easy to see, but thanks to having spent one week already with her, Elaine noticed it quite clearly - the small girl was certainly in better spirits than last time.

Maybe that infuriating fey doctor had done a better job than expected.

Having thoroughly ruffled the mop of black hair, Travis set his cup down and pointed his thumb towards the coffee maker as he looked at Elaine.

"There's still some if you want, by the way," continued.

Liana Skye, Vier Wolff & Vivienne Bianchi

"Breakfast would be nice, although I feel bad for relying on you guys so much..."
    Rachel shook her head with a smile.

"Nonsense. I was a high schooler not too long ago, you know," she said with an arched eyebrow. "I know how hungry you guys can get in the morning. So tank up on pancakes at least before you get to work. If nothing else, it'll save us the hassle of having to drag you to End's Mercy after you've fallen down from malnourishment."

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Just a little bit, but first I need to deliver a message to a… Kajal. Do you mind if I drop it off since it seems like you’re busy with paperwork?”
    "Oh, no, not at all. Just leave it here and I'll take it to her room in a few moments. Or I can place a call for her if she wants to meet you, but I think she stepped out for a moment... it might be a while," Rachel replied. "You know how it is. We do have some guest confidentiality unless it's a dire situation, and the Omkaras specifically requested we'd inform them of any guests or messages."

Alas, that's how it seemed to be in hotels - even in rural areas such as this.

Then again, judging by the glint in her eye, Rachel didn't seem like the type of woman who cared about such rules if push came to shove...

"Also yes - I'm Rachel Halloway, Miss Halloway to employees... if they're the stuffy kind. I certainly hope you gals ain't like that, so go ahead and call me Rachel. I'm the niece of that blockhead you met previously," the redhead continued. "These days more or less the management over here, since my uncle has more or less decided to start distancing himself from the business side..."

The young woman made a much-telling gesture at the paperwork before her, and let out a quiet sigh.

"She's a friend yeah, Vivi. I don't think she's here for work though, another friend of ours stays here we think? An Alex Terrot?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "I am... Vivienne Bianchi... I came here to visit... Alex Terrot..."
    Rachel tapped her chin with her pen, until a light of recognition finally lit up in her eyes.

"Ooh, that young reporter right? Mm, she's eating breakfast right now, so you can go ask for a meeting in the dining hall, though just in case - if she asks you to leave, we'll hope you do as much," Rachel said, showing a slightly troubled smile. "Same thing as with the messages, I'm afraid. You know how it is. But, from what I understand, she hasn't really shied away from meeting new faces."

An awkward sort of chuckle escaped Rachel's lips.

"Ahahaha... if anything, she's quite adept at thrusting herself into every new meeting she finds."

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "Your coffee... I heard was... very good..."
    That made the redhead blink in surprise.

"My... coffee? You... oh... oh! Y-you heard about that?" She asked, looking a bit surprised - yet also happy. "Geez, who's the tattletale that's been spreading rumours? W-well, if you want to, I'm sure the kitchen ladies will give you some for breakfast. Jolts you right up, I promise."

Then, as if realizing something, Rachel leaned at the counter with a hint of a grin on her face.

"Ahh, right... you've run into that dandy detective too, haven't you? He's quite the coffee connoisseur, isn't he? Wonder if all the guys from the capital are like that..." Rachel wondered, before sighing a little. "A rather hard guy to pin down, isn't he? On one hand he seems all smart and capable, but I swear he speaks about stuff that sounds like daydreams of children..."

Well, it certainly seemed like the FBI Agent in town was making waves.

Colt Davin & Lucille Faraday

"... Puh."

Letting out a strange sort of curt sound, Gradient followed Lucille into Colt's room. And, judging by the flat stare she was giving to the boy, she didn't seem to be particularly impressed by him at the moment. In fact, with her hands on her hips, she marched straight over to the boy, driving him to the back wall with her threatening advance. All the way until the boy couldn't retreat any further.

Then, without any mercy, she raised her right hand and...!

"... Nnn!"

Poked him in the belly quiet hard!

Almost like flicking a badly behaving animal on the nose. Not too bad of a punishment and not too painful, but certainly enough to make it clear that she wasn't a fan of what Colt had done.

Meanwhile, as Lucille glanced around the room, she saw... something strange. The shower was running, first of all, and there was loud humming coming from the bathroom. In addition, there were strange sort of clothes strewn about the room. Clothes far too feminine for Colt unless he had picked up quite the deviant hobby in secret. Yes, girl's clothes, but amidst those were... something else as well.

Armor pieces?

And what was that gigantic, weapon-shaped form draped with large cloth that was leaning against the corner?

And what...

--- What was that pair of panties laying forgotten before the bathroom door, as if they had fallen off of someone and they had been too lazy to pick them up?

"Oh, we art having guests, then?"

While the shower was still running, the door suddenly opened and someone peeked their head out. Someone whose important bits were just barely hidden by the ajar door, thank the Lord.

"Oh, if it isn't Miss Gradient! And art that her sibling? I smelleth peculiar similiarieth!"

... Not that the door still left much for the imagination.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Vandemeel. Ramalsaqr. Good morning. It is good to see you are well."
    Ramia, who had been leaning against the gates of the campus area, lifted an eyebrow as she saw the approaching form of John Dove. She lifted the hood of her bright yellow rain coat and did a sort of double-take, before glancing towards the raven-haired girl besides her.

"Dove, huh...? Is he part of our little neck of the woods too, then?" She asked, clicking her tongue. "Can't say I saw that coming..."

It was clear to see that the mercenary was being a little cautious in this new company.

“Thank you for arranging this. Should I assume you deem it safe enough to have this conversation out here? Also, are we expecting anybody else?”
    Ramia offered the boy a lopsided grin.

"Apparently we're to do some morning shopping. Sounds like Red forgot to pack enough notebooks for today's classes," she joked, before glancing again at her friend. "Though yeah, I'm curious about that too."

The question was clear in the air.

"Is this the whole group?"

Prushka

"Lion-O...?" Ahti asked, glancing at Prushka with a bit of annoyed confusion. "I ain't worried for any cartoon characters."

It seemed that despite the smaller girl mentioning the other, rather similar boy multiple times now, Ahti wasn't biting the bait. Or rather, it seemed to pass by his head without him even noticing it. And while normally that could have been some sort of plan of his, still... he had been rather languid and laidback this whole morning. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that he had been staying up all night meant that he was operating in some sort of half-asleep, drowzy state of mind.

... Would explain why he had let Prushka fluff up his hair to a ridiculous degree, and why he didn't seem to mind her playing around with those fluffy ears of his.

Truly, he was exposing weaknesses he didn't even realize.

"It's about the smell, see? I can't sleep somewhere I don't like. Hell, sleeping in a bed of some stranger's just gonna put me in high alert. Ain't no way I can relax in some stank like that," Ahti continued, making a vague gesture with his hand. "But hell, since I seem to be fine with you so far, Imp... eh, might as well. I mean, it is just your bed."

He shrugged a little bit and let out quite a magnificent yawn, smacking his lips afterwards.

"So yeah, I figured I'll sleep just fine even if the whole thing's got your smell all over it."

... He didn't mean anything bad with it, surely, but the way he phrased it was certainly...

... Something.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Spell? Did you go senile already? Like I could do something like that!

The thought that came back seemed to laugh at the whole idea.

Besides there's some guy in the kitchen right now and I dunno if I'm up for some sweet morning flirting right now - this drink's making me burp like nobody's business, you know?
    Potemkin continued in her usual, completely shameless manner. Though I think you know this guy since he's putting all sorts of weird ideas in my head. Is this one of those? The people you preen at like the gigantic nerd you are in hopes of impressing them even though you say to yourself humans aren't worth it? I mean at least my desire to start showing off immediately perked its head when I saw that spiky-haired mug of his.

Alexstraza could practically feel the entity lick its lips as it thought about the unfortunately familiar-sounding human.

Not a bad choice I guess but I dunno if he'd last long, maybe the hunk from last night is a better choice~

This conversation was going nowhere fast.

Luckily it didn't seem like Noah had realized anything weird, instead simply focusing on his reading. And while Cesarina's grasp was still there, the girl didn't seem to offer any other responses than that - even the grip of her hand had eased up to a near imperceptible one.

So indeed, while it didn't look like there was much Alexstrasza could do here for now (except sit and wait if she so desired), in another part of town a possible catastrophe was brewing.

That creature would definitely get into trouble soon...

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "How much does Lucille know about this then? She very much blames herself for what happened on that mission. The idea that she was betrayed doesn't seem to have crossed her mind. For that matter, what about Michael's grandfather, and this prophecy of his that Michael was trying to prove?"
    Sakura gazed at the grey world outside the window.

"Milady... knows nothing. All she knows is that during the fight, she couldn't protect her partner. That she failed to save Michael Lowgate. That is all, and that is why she blames herself. She shoulders that sin that doesn't even belong to her, and it has made her what she is today," the older girl continued quietly. "... What she does not know is that the reason why Michael died was because he... had made a deal with the vampires. Because he had supplied them with anti-divinity weaponry, and was about to turn on his partner - attack milady along with the monsters."

There was a silence that reigned, even despite the reigned.

A horrible silence that came about as Sakura looked at her own hands.

As if she saw those two hands stained with blood and guilt.

"He had made his choice, and he had chosen betrayl. Therefore, it was the job of an executioner... to end him. A silent executioner, an unseen executioner, an executioner that left no trace of her involment. In other words, it was the duty of an assassin, loyal to her liege till the end," Sakura spoke, her voice naught but a whisper now. "To protect her liege, that assassin took the life of her liege's partner..."

Those blood-drenched hands were clenched into fists.

"... And thus broke the girl she had sworn to protect."

In the end, it was a tale of irony. A horrible, tragic irony.

In order to protect Lucille, in trying to save her, Sakura had been the ultimate cause of the pain that now plagued her life. Just one look at the eyes of that brunette woman told the truth.

She, more than anyone else... perhaps more than even Lucille herself... blamed herself for what had happened.

"--- As for the prophecy, I don't know the specifics. However, it was a prophecy that close to the year 2000, a great and terrible evil would awaken in North-Western United States. A named demon, recorded into those cursed annals," Sakura finally concluded. "And that it would appear in a town where the Lowgate family hailed from..."

Finally.

"... Road's End."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"No, not the cartoon character, I meant..."

I pause, and get another look at the man before me. Seeing him now, Ahti's barely standing. His now fluffy hair radiates around him like some kind of aura, but the person in the middle of all that floof is unsteady on his feet. He must be putting up a tough front, but really he's at the edge of consciousness. In a sense, this is the best time to ask questions... which means it's actually the worst.

"Actually, never mind. We'll talk more when you're awake enough to come up with a proper insult."

I take the fuzzy giant's hand and pull him over to the bed that supposedly smells like me. Definitely getting those sheets washed after this. This situation is almost too embarrassing to think about, but now's not the time to be bashful.

"Here." Pat, pat. I offer him a reassuring smile. "Just get some rest, okay? You've earned it."

Ahti deserves a good sleep after all that hard work last night. As for myself...

"I'll be in the school if you need me. Gonna... try and get something done."

Right. Bad day's waiting just outside the door.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    "Nonsense. I was a high schooler not too long ago, you know," she said with an arched eyebrow. "I know how hungry you guys can get in the morning. So tank up on pancakes at least before you get to work. If nothing else, it'll save us the hassle of having to drag you to End's Mercy after you've fallen down from malnourishment."
    Malnourishment...?

Liana blinks, a sudden sense of worry born forth from the combination of a tired mind, and a self that was still just the tiniest bit self-conscious about an insult a certain imp had used on her at the beach, namely...

D-Do I look that thin? I'm not actually scrawny right? This is a perfectly healthy weight-! Golden ratio-!

She works out and eats carefully specifically to maintain this figure-! Well, it might not actually strictly be necessary, her body might actually just maintain those sorts of things on it's own, but she wasn't the sort that was willing to actively chance it-! Call it a manifestation of her own ego, but she enjoyed being physically attractive, helped with the job, and well...

It just felt good-!

But still... Scrawny...?

...No. Xylia had no idea what she was talking about, at least in that regard, still...

"Guess I won't turn you down," responding to a smile with a smile, the dark-haired girl's eyes light up with a sudden energy in spite of themselves, "Pancakes and coffee-! Today might be a good day after all-!"

--At least for her.

Vier was having a bit more trouble getting to where she wanted to go, although it seemed that Alex was in the Dining Hall, so things were looking up for Vivi, and when it comes to her own goals, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    "Ahh, right... you've run into that dandy detective too, haven't you? He's quite the coffee connoisseur, isn't he? Wonder if all the guys from the capital are like that..." Rachel wondered, before sighing a little. "A rather hard guy to pin down, isn't he? On one hand he seems all smart and capable, but I swear he speaks about stuff that sounds like daydreams of children..."
    ...Seemed he was making quite the splash in town, that was good, meant he'd be easier to track down...

But...

Coffee Connoisseur?

...Maybe they'd actually get along pretty well, long as his tastes were actually reasonable; she had seen far too many 'lovers' of coffee butcher the fine art of the brew, and well...

Such a thing was a crime, maybe not one against the state or the country, but a moral sort of crime...

"The coffee thing makes sense, FBI Agents seem like they're not the type that get that much sleep," chuckling a bit at this reality, a reality that she too was guilty of to a degree, she closes a single eye in a mischievous wink, "Caffeine is a daily reality, so might as well get the best form of it you can~"

She laughs.

"Is he still here right now? I saw him yesterday after the interview, and thought it might be cool to talk to him if I got the chance... You don't get a chance to see many FBI Agents in day to day life, right? Gotta take the opportunity when it appears!"

---Well, it wouldn't be the first Bureau Agent she had seen personally, but...

It had been awhile...
    Last edited by Airen; January 26th, 2021 at 07:05 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Spell? Did you go senile already? Like I could do something like that!
    Ah... I had forgotten temporarily in my reverie of not having to speak, think of, or deal with Potemkin. While it had been utter bliss, reality had come hammering down on me. Potemkin was a sword of Damocles hanging over my neck perilously, ready to carve through my social standing at any moment if I wasn't around. But... But...!

It wasn't fair! I can't just leave Cesarina here, deposed in a hospital bed! The last time I did that, she was kidnapped!

Besides there's some guy in the kitchen right now and I dunno if I'm up for some sweet morning flirting right now - this drink's making me burp like nobody's business, you know? Though I think you know this guy since he's putting all sorts of weird ideas in my head. Is this one of those? The people you preen at like the gigantic nerd you are in hopes of impressing them even though you say to yourself humans aren't worth it? I mean at least my desire to start showing off immediately perked its head when I saw that spiky-haired mug of his.
    P-p-preen!? I don't ever preen!! When someone asks you for help, Potemkin, you help them! That is simply the creed that I abide by. Travis had asked me for help entering the hospital, and here I am now - inside the hospital. So who is stupid now, Travis? The person who didn't believe me, or the person who accomplished your goal and got Noah inside?!

I paused.

Actually, you may want to tell Travis that I am inside the hospital with Noah. Ask him if there's anything he wants us to do! Oh, but do try to be discreet about it, would you? I don't want to see Travis and hear him accuse me of only knowing disturbed individuals. Also, stop implying I have lewd intentions towards my classmates. My intentions are pure in every way!

I was panicking, admittedly. It was hard not to, Potemkin could get up to vastly more trouble then I'd ever expect if I wasn't there to stop her. I had to do something to prevent Cesarina from being kidnapped, but what? She was already stolen from the hospital once before, so how could I have her watched at all times?

I was not having Potemkin watch Cesarina. I would sooner kill myself before allowing Potemkin within even fifteen meters of my best friend.

Potemkin, let us say that hypothetically, my best friend was in danger of kidnapping. How, hypothetically, would I prevent her from being kidnapped without physically being at the location?

"Noah," I said as I stood, gently letting go of Cesarina's hand, "I do believe I have class. Please watch Cesarina for me, would you? I fear there may be some... Unsavory elements, after her."

Maybe I could ask Devon. He wasn't doing anything and I was collecting him allies. Wait. How would I find Devon? Wait. How would I find allies? Oh God. I had a burning sensation in my gut that this was going to go terribly wrong, and I could only blame Potemkin for the feeling.

"Also, if you see a girl in all black who looks at men in a lascivious and lewd manner, please do not allow her to bind you to her wiles! She's a devilish creature of hell, who will assuredly only drive you to ruin! And anything she says about me is absolutely a lie!"

Good. Now Noah wouldn't go anywhere near Potemkin.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elaine Winters

A grunt, “Much obliged,” I murmured gently, shuffling slowly over to the coffee pot, shifting the sleeves of the red raincoat gently as I did so.

I spoke up again as I busied myself with the movements of pot, cup and hands, frowning in thought, a low rumble coming from my chest as the thick aroma of bean juice clawed at my nose.

“Late night, and, from the looks of things, an early morning too,” I sighed glumly, “No rest for the wicked.”

I didn’t exactly ‘like’ coffee so much as I tolerated it, and, like a reliable but annoying coworker, had grown used to its presence within my body, lifting the cup to my lips with a certain resignation.

“Did some more sniffing around yesterday,” I said, jerking my chin at the uncommonly peppy girl, a fond smile coming to my face, “Hospital’s the place to look, found one of their gowns at that squat where the murder went down.”

I curled a lip at the aftertaste, coughing gently, taking it black had become more of a habit than anything, sugar and cream were just another pack of things taking up space.

Which is at a premium when you’re spending most of your time operating out of dingy long-stay hotel rooms and the back of a beat-up car.

Such is life.

“Not to mention what that weird doctor was talking about,” I said breezily, sipping some more of the coffee, “Suzume Bianchi and all that, Gottlieb Pharma, gave me and the boy wonder a point in that direction.”

I frowned, “Gonna have a pow-wow with the squad here in a bit, dunno what or why, but it’s all hush-hush, so I don’t know, maybe we’re gonna fuck somebody up before classes or whatever.”

I mumbled into my coffee, “God knows if I skip out I’ll get quartered in the town square.”

I sighed, “Sorry to kinda drop in and spring shit on ya, it’s shitty of me, but I’d appreciate it if you could feed the beast, or at least watch her for a bit while I go to my secret squirrel meetin’ and grab to-go from the chow hall.”

I grimaced, glancing up over the mug.

“I’ll make it up to ya.”

Well, no matter what, I had a meeting to get to.

Ride-along or no.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"Dove, huh...? Is he part of our little neck of the woods too, then?"

"Can't say I saw that coming..."
    Mhm… Though I get the feeling it’s more like he’s been dragged into our neck of the woods, rather than anything else.”

“Well, I’m sure we’ll hear all about it soon enough. It was partially his idea, after all.”

Despite having organized this little meeting of theirs, Anna herself didn’t know that much about the circumstances of the blue-haired boy in front of them. She knew some things of course, mostly things she’d heard from others (or pieced together based on the things she’d heard), but it would hardly be a stretch for her to claim that she knew everything about their slightly aloof-acting classmate. However, what she did know was enough to light at least a slight glimmer of curiosity in her. And what her gut told her was that there were no independent mysteries in this blasted town anyway.

Well, curiosity was only one aspect of it.

God, I hope I’m wrong on this front. I swear if that hag is somehow involved with this…

“Good morning. It is good to see you are well.”
    “Morning, Dove.” Anna threw the boy a lazy wave in greeting, even as the rain poured down from the sides of her umbrella. “Sleep well? If I’m completely honest, you look like you could use some more shut-eye.”

“Aah, well. New day, new challenges, huh? Who am I to lecture anyone about rest anyway?” A brief shrug, accompanied by an amused grin. “You better not end up dozing off on us, you know? Might have to get creative in waking you up if that ends up happening."

“Thank you for arranging this,”

“Should I assume you deem it safe enough to have this conversation out here? Also, are we expecting anybody else?”

"Apparently we're to do some morning shopping. Sounds like Red forgot to pack enough notebooks for today's classes,"

"Though yeah, I'm curious about that too. Is this the whole group?"
    “Aah, as Indy here mentioned, I was thinking about making a little trip to End’s Post. Sorry about the weather…” If the Estonian girl was truly sorry about the situation, none of it reflected on her face. Maybe she'd planned for this in the first place. “But we’ll probably have to make a bit of a trek. Or maybe not. Who knows? In any case, I imagine we'll have plenty of privacy on the way, wouldn't you say?"

Anna’s eyes flickered over to the dorms looming in the distance of the campus.

“Oh, and we’re waiting for one more intrepid shop-goer to show up, actually. I imagine she has some babysitting duties to parcel off to someone, but she should be here soon enough, I think.”
    Last edited by Mellon; January 28th, 2021 at 07:03 AM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For a moment, John idly wonders what sort of supernatural blood flows through Vandemeel’s veins. He then scolds himself for letting his mind wander to unimportant things.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Vandemeel
    “Morning, Dove. Sleep well? If I’m completely honest, you look like you could use some more shut-eye. Aah, well. New day, new challenges, huh? Who am I to lecture anyone about rest anyway? You better not end up dozing off on us, you know? Might have to get creative in waking you up if that ends up happening.”
    “Well, that does sound a little interesting, but my lack of sleep should be no issue.”

He is fairly confident he looks nothing different from his usual self, which leads him to conclude Vandemeel’s comments are some sort of joke related to his appearance. He’s heard similar things before, indeed.

“Last night I tried to follow some clues in hopes of bringing more information to the table this morning, but I happened to run into someone who made it very clear I was not allowed to pry any further. I am not willing to give up my life just yet, so I had to retreat without achieving much of anything. I can only apologize for my ineptitude.”

There are some unnecessary words there, yet for some reason John could not stop himself from saying them.

He merely nods at Vandemeel’s following sentences. He has no issue accompanying them to End’s Post, and he can infer that Vandemeel is talking about Elaine Winters, which is…not exactly good news, but something closer to “adequate” in John’s mind. It is right for Elaine to be present for this, regardless of any personal feelings borne by these people.

However, while Elaine arrives…Ramalsaqr seems to get along just fine with Vandemeel, but she probably needs the right “encouragement” to accept his presence in this encounter. Might as well “strike while the iron is hot,” as they say. These two seem the type of people who appreciate directness. He has been wrong plenty of times before, though, but this is one of those circumstances in which he can only plow ahead and hope for the best.

“There are probably a number of matters we need to discuss, but I believe I should properly explain to Ramalsaqr the main reason I arranged for this meeting.”

He slips a hand into his pants’ pocket. Again, merely to verify that the hand adornment is still there. Then he properly faces the person who once aimed a gun at him and his classmate.

“It has come to my notice that I am in possession of an object you have been looking for. I would like to ask you some questions about the object in question before discussing a peaceable transference of ownership. I hope that is agreeable to you.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“W-w-wait I didn’t d-“

To no avail Colt pleaded for his life, the blade of disapproval stabbing him in the stomach without any regard for his protests. No defense was to be accepted. There were crimes to be paid for and only blood could wash away the sins of.

Wait.

What crimes? He hadn’t even done anything!

“I-I didn’t even do anything.” Colt released his sore belly. Which he would not admit was sore. There was no way that a poke from a cute girl was causing him any discomfort. Not at all. The young man pointed to the bed, then to the pallet on the floor that he had once again slept on. “See? Same as last time.”

The boy made his case, hoping that Gradient would recall that just 24 hours ago she as well had been a part of the same arrangement.

“Honestly,” he began to mutter, “why does everyone just assume the worst o’me…”

He heaved a sigh, shoulders slumped, when suddenly-

"Oh, we art having guests, then?"

Guest number one popped out from the shower to inquire about guests two and three. But rather than what did pop out, what immediately struck anyone in the moment was what just barely didn’t pop out. Certain assets that certainly were capable of popping.

Not being a total idiot, Colt immediately jerked his head to look at the wall opposite of the door to the shower. Perhaps if there was no other company he might have taken no such precautions, but he could read the mood. Specifically, Gradient’s mood. A mood that was not particularly tolerant of the boy trying to steal a glance at a naked member of the fairer sex.

“Ohmygoditjustgetsworse.”

The sentence gushed out in a single breath.

“Yes. Yes we are.” Colt spoke so that Tris, who he was facing very intentionally away from, could hear him clearly. “After your shower I can introduce you.”

So saying, Colt slowly turned toward Gradient, making it very obvious that he wasn’t turning to look at anything but Gradient and Gradient alone.

“It’s not my fault she’s like this. I mean I figured out that she’s like this, but I can’t just say no if she asks to stay over.”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

I couldn’t help but frown when the topic of last week’s events came up. It was something that was constantly at the back of my mind, and yet, I tried my best not to think about it. I tried to believe that what happened was insignificant for any purposes other than as a learning experience. That it never really happened here, so there was no reason to let it plague my mind with fear and depression.

But with the possibility of alternate dimensions or time travel, where’s the boundary between things that have happened and things that have not?

If my being clearly remembers something, then…

Still, talking about it was also for the best, wasn’t it? I couldn’t deny that it was a learning experience, and it could help others much as it could help me.

I lowered my head as I stared down on my plate, then spoke up quietly.

“Are you sure you want to kn---”

But before I could finish, the discussion was interrupted by Ru’s apparent arrival.

Maybe a relief, as it dispersed the stress that was growing inside me as well.

At the same time, it was also just procrastinating the issue.

Waving back at him lazily, I muttered a quiet “Hey”, something that was more for him to read off my lips rather than to actually hear from that distance.

I didn’t bother thinking about how it could have been a problem if someone else saw him. He was already out here, so it was already a lost cause in a sense, and if we dragged him somewhere private now it would have been even more suspicious.

Turning my hand over, the waving motion turns into a gesture to invite him over.

“No idea. But I guess we’ll find out in a moment, won’t we?”

Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Mm... alright. I think I'll catch some Z's then, Imp."

With that drained response, Ahti pretty much simply crashed onto the bed. He fell over face-first into the soft embrace of the bed, bouncing a little as he hit the mattress. Then he just laid there, face buried in the pillow, arms sprawled to the sides. After a moment of just taking in the comfortable feeling of being able to sleep in a bed, the boy let out a sound... a sound of sniffing. Once. Twice. Thrice. Then he let out an agreeing grunt.

"Yeah. This is... gonna work," he mumbled, another hearty yawn escaping his lips. "You go do... whatever."

That was as far as he got.

After all, about ten seconds later, loud snoring filled the room. Ahti had fallen asleep as if someone had simply snapped their fingers, drifting off into the slumberland without so much as a warning. Gone were the worries about extra blankets or pillows, or watching something to pass the time. In all honesty, it was only now beginning to become clear just how tired the boy must have been.

All that running around last night, carrying Prushka around, and then (for some incomprehensible reason) staying awake the whole night while she slept...

It was a little wonder that he hadn't dozed off a long time ago.

Still, it hadn't all been for naught. After all, even though he was sleeping, the boy's mane was now the fluffiest that it had ever been. Indeed, it was absolutely dangerous amounts of floofy. A veritable poof of fluffy hair that had taken the form of a blimp of some sort. A halo of softness that just spread around him, with two floofy ears sticking out from it in a relaxed manner. A cascade and a waterfall of that feeling that pets give you when you just want to spoil them rotten with scritches and belly rubs.

... Seriously, that was dangerously fluffy.

For a moment it dawned upon Prushka that she might have dangerous powers she had only now discovered...

Still.

The day awaited.

One couldn't remain spellbound by fluffy things forever.

Liana Skye

"Is he still here right now? I saw him yesterday after the interview, and thought it might be cool to talk to him if I got the chance... You don't get a chance to see many FBI Agents in day to day life, right? Gotta take the opportunity when it appears!"
    Rachel nodded with a hint of a giggle.

"Ayup, I think he's still enjoying those griddle cakes and bacon - along with coffee, of course - in the dining hall. He's the type to take breakfast very seriously, you see," the redhead answered. "And honestly, I think he'll be happy to get to talk to any one of you. From what I understand, he's been looking forward to speaking to the new residents of the town. Said something about it offering a 'fresh perspective'."

Judging by the expression on Rachel's face, the FBI Agent in question must have been quite the man. After all, while usually law enforcement coming from the outside would cause the locals to frown and grumble, the older girl was all smiles about it. If anything, it might have been the agent himself who was the fresh breeze around here... that, or he was simply likeable enough to not earn the ire of locals. A talent in itself.

"Still, as said... try not to let him confuse you. As eccentric as he is, he seems like a good guy," Rachel added. "Just a little... weird at times."

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Prevent? Ugh, like you can do something that tough without having actual skills for it. Nah, the best you can do is put another pair of eyes on the friend. Something to track her. So you'll know exactly when she's taken and you could act immediately.

Honestly, it was a bit surprising to hear Potemkin give any sort of serious answer. Then again, this was regarding Cesarina. Even if the creature was a total pain in the butt, it still had a very specific origin. Which would mean that it most likely regarded Cesarina in a specific way as well. Actually, thinking about it now... could that also be a reason why it had just left so suddenly?

... Did it not want to see Cesarina?

Anyways, yeah yeah, whatever you say, you horny sack of horny nerdness. I'll see what Mr. Are-Those-Abs-Can-I-Test has to say about your magnificent achievement. No promises I'll be gentle tough.

Alexstrasza could practically hear her laugh.

He's fun to tease, isn't he~?

Meanwhile, another bout of trouble had reared its ugly head. That is, Noah Whiteknife had heard the blonde girl's words, and was now regaling her with a wide, aloof smile that he so loved to plaster all over his face as if in an effort to annoy everyone and anyone in the nearby vicinity.

"... Very well. I'll be here anyways, so I suppose I can keep an eye out for any untoward people after your little friend here. It would truly pain my heart if something bad happened to a patient under my watch," Noah answered with a slow nod. "And sure, I'll also keep an eye out on girls with the penchant of dressing in black and lewd, longing gazes and overall desire to ruin men. Especially when they speak utter nonsense about you. Of course, I'll have to make sure to listen to them properly so I know if what they are saying of you is a lie, but if it is, I'll be sure to be careful..."

He chuckled softly, covering his mouth with his over-sized sleeve.

"... Yes, I'll be extra careful not to let perverted black-dressed girls to use their wiles on me..."

Somehow, it felt like he was enjoying some joke that only made sense to him.

Elaine Winters

Travis snorted.

"You know... It wouldn't be my first time being a babysitter. I grew up in a bunch of orphanages, so had a shitload of little brothers and sisters to look after. And brat over here is far from the most troublesome kind," the boy answered, ruffling Stephanie's hair again. "So sure, I don't mind playing the part of the freelance-working uncle who you can unload the baby bomb off to on busy days."

As if to make a point, Travis let out a sigh and rummaged through the pockets of his jacket. After a moment of searching, he pulled out a Snickers bar which he handed to the elated Seventeen. The girl tore off the wrapper in a hurry and began munching on the chocolate-covered treat with the happiest face possible. And while she was distracted with that, the boy set aside his reading and his coffee cup, and started prepping a bowl of cereal and a glass orange juice - a proper breakfast for a growing child.

Indeed, the candy had just been a distraction. There truly was some experience here.

"Still... Suzume Bianchi, huh? Funny, that."

Travis spoke out as he pulled out a box of Frosted Flakes from the cabinet.

"See, the thing that eventually got me out of the orphanages was because I got myself a teacher. A damn good one at that. A woman with a knack for medicine and incredibly, incredibly curious mind. I was her little pet project, someone to unload all her knowledge onto in case something happened... and lo-and-behold, something did happen. She almost died. A long story, but I spent a whole lot of time with her during those times, learning what I could from her. She eventually set me up with job in the DRDC, too," the boy continued explaining. "But then, some time ago, that woman just up and disappears... vanishes off the face of the earth. The last thing I heard from her, she had gotten a job with Gottlieb Pharmaceutical. A shady big pharma corporation that sprung from a 'rogue project' of CIA."

As he poured milk into the bowl, Travis's eyes grew a bit harsher - his gaze turning into steel.

"... That woman's name is Suzume Bianchi, and I s'pose she's the closest thing I got for a mom. And I'm trying to find out what happened to her."

... A momentary silence then followed, ending with a self-derisive chuckle.

"Well... that, among other things. It gets complicated, but nothing you should worry over. It's my troubles," Travis added. "For now, we should focus on making sure this brat over here is safe and sound, and find out what the shit is going on with End's Mercy. The more I hear about them, the shadier that place gets."

He rubbed his chin while opening up the carton of orange juice.

"... Wonder if Mr. Headmaster would have some juicy info tucked away in his office?"

Anna Vandemeel & John Dove

“It has come to my notice that I am in possession of an object you have been looking for. I would like to ask you some questions about the object in question before discussing a peaceable transference of ownership. I hope that is agreeable to you.”
    "W-wha---!?"

For the first time since either Anna or John had known her, Ramia Ramalsaqr showed a proper, honest-to-God surprise.

Usually the mercenary was cool and collected, approaching everything with a sense of humour and a wisecracking grin that didn't seem too fazed by anything. But now she actually recoiled backwards a little bit, stumbling for a step or two before regaining her footing. Ramia's eyes were wide as plates and her mouth hung open, her gaze completely locked onto John. An awkward sort of silence hung about the parking lot after this revelation and the subsequent display of shock. Slowly, very slowly, Ramia began to gather her bearings once more. She clamped her mouth shut and put a hand on her forehead, gently rubbing it as if to drive back a growing migraine.

"Wait... really? You... y-you... have that thing? But that's, I thought..." Ramia sputtered, her brain restarting after screeching into a halt. "... So one of the students had it? But... but that doesn't make sense? I thought it was supposed... supposed to have been here for quite a while..."

With a pained look of confusion clear on her face, the dusky-skinned girl scratched her head, trying make sense of whatever it was that was troubling her. Clearly something about John's ownership of the item didn't sit right with Ramia, to the point that it had caused her to descend into her own thoughts, ignoring the world around her for a moment.

"Then... what does that mean? Is it actually even... even more powerful? But then... Goddammit, we're all in danger..." Ramia continued to mumble, her eyes darting around wildly. "We need to... we need to... wait... wait, if... if John's had it this whole time, then..."

Suddenly, Ramia's eyes snapped upwards, towards John, and she removed her hand from her face. With brisk steps, the mercenary walked over to the boy. She stood before him, suddenly looking rather dark and imposing, and the expression on her face was hard to read. Before anyone else could react, Ramia lifted her right hand, bringing it up as if she was about to strike the boy down.

And yet---

"John..."

That hand gently landed onto John's shoulder and gave it an encouraging squeeze.

And at the same time, the look in Ramia's eyes became clear... a look of anxious worry, even for someone who was pretty much a total stranger.

"... Are you alright? You've... you've had it hard, haven't you?"

Hisa Momoi

"Hey guys!"

Ru's greeting was so cheerful that it felt like it hardly fit the atmosphere from before, the one brought about by Pyry's question and Hisa's subsequent start of an answer. Same could be said of the grin on the younger boy's face. Even with his disguise of a black-haired boy with an energetic braid, he didn't lose any of his youthful energy. Or rather, the energy that was akin to a young animal or a pet so wonderfully pleased about seeing their owner. If he had his tail in this form, it would have been wagging furiously at the sight of the scarred girl and her friends.

"Ru..." Pyry started with a groan. "What are you doing here? I thought we agreed you'd stay in my room..."

The younger boy just chuckled in response.

"Yeah, sure, but I mean, come on! There's only so long I can sit still in one place! Just staying in one room without being able to leave or anything to do gets me bored off my bones," Ru answered. "Besides, heck, I promised I'd help you guys! So I gots to thinking and realized I can't really help anyone while cooped up there. A promise is a promise, right? I know Big Sis Hisa over here's the type to try to handle everything on her own, but that's no good - no good at all! If I promise to help someone, I'm actually gonna do it instead of just sitting out, yup!"

Folding his arms in a determined way and nodding to himself, Ru radiated such a decisive aura that it was hard to say anything against his words. True, he was much safer out of everyone else's sight, but at the same time, the promise had been that they would help him, and in return he would help them. It was hard to be mad at someone who was clearly, genuinely only wanting to be useful and honor the deal. It was like the boy didn't have a mean or selfish bone in his body.

"Hahh... I see. Well... I guess that's true," Pyry replied and glanced at Hisa with a bit of an amused look. "I know very well Hisa here can be a bit stubborn about keeping others safe. But I can also see why just sitting in a room all day doesn't sit well with you. And since it doesn't look like anyone else's bothered... mind if we just let him tag along for now?"

The question was addressed to the black-haired girl, after which Pyry rose up from his seat.

"Well, at least for the breakfast. Speaking of which, gimme a moment, Ru - I'll fetch you some grub."

With that, the blonde boy headed towards the counter once more. This left Ru, who was leaning his elbows to the table and beaming a smile at Hisa (he was really more reminiscent of a dog than a cat at this point) and Ubon. Ubon who, for some reason, was looking at the boy next to him with a bit of a surprised, yet also amused look. Then, the cyan-haired girl glanced at Hisa... back at Ru... then towards the distant Pyry... and then back at Hisa again.

Suddenly.

For some reason.

A devious grin appeared on Ubon's face. The type of mischievous expression that didn't promise anything good.

"Hohooh~?" Ubon said, arching an eyebrow at the scarred girl.