Page 142 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4292132137140141142143144147152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "It was absolutely dreadful. The test of courage was a horrible idea right from the start. But it could've ended up way worse; at least nobody died. The bad mood should go away on its own eventually."
    "Oh... was it... too scary? Or... disagreements?"

Prushka had shown that she was someone who could be incredibly brave. Her actions last 'week' cemented in Vivienne's eyes the notion that though she may be small, this little girl had great courage and determination to face even death itself... yet she still had that air of someone who could perhaps easily be frightened when the likes of ghosts or spirits were involved -- a vulnerability to the more mystical aspects of the Turnside... so inquiring wherever Prushka's bad mood stemmed from the test of courage being too much for her, seems like a decently thought out thing to do. However, with how Prushka is, or rather, with the predispositions of youth, there was also the possibility of conflicts occurring during the test of courage, both physical and psychological ones. After all, throwing a bunch of people that for some, barely know each other into a scenario that is ripe to sow strife and discord amidst relationships... there are many ways things could have gone south in such a setup.

Vivienne paused for a moment before raising her hand, fingers shaped into the V sign:

"Cheers... I am sure that... you learned some new things there..."

It was an admirable attempt to try to lift Prushka's spirits up, but Vivienne doing this while being the blandest person possible in Road's End was... definitely an experience.

"How did your night go? Anything cool happen at the bonfire? Or was it another miss?"
    "We... uh... went to investigate... the Lighthouse. We saw a flashlight at the top of it and... found out someone had broken in... they were looking for... something? Food maybe... they uh... jumped down into a bush from the top of the lighthouse... and then into the ocean... or maybe someone else did that... in the end there were two people..."

Having recounted the events that had unfurled during her side of the night, Vivienne produced a... tuft of orange fur from one of her desk's drawers?

"This... was left behind... she was... some sort of animal-person... and then the other person... the only clue we got from them was a matchstick box that fell down... the box is with Alex..."

Another small pause as Vivienne seemed to recollect a fact properly, most likely making sure that she didn't spout any nonsense at Prushka or got everything right to the proper detail.

"... Spade Queen Country Club ... was written on it... have you... read or heard of that before?"

"Um, Vivi... Is that your...?"
    "Oh...?" Vivienne let out for a moment as she followed Prushka's pointing finger. "That is... Mother, yes..."

She simply stopped there, saying no more. Wherever it was because Prushka hadn't asked anything beyond the confirmation if this was Vivienne's mother, or if it was because Vivienne herself wasn't interested in elaborating further... that was up to Prushka to decide. However, the quiet girl seemed inclined enough to take the picture and hand it to Prushka for closer inspection.

The woman on the left was quite literally what one could imagine Vivienne would grow into in ten years or so, having fully matured into a mother. She has a very agreeable smile, smooth and pleasant like the faint cotton clouds in the morning, giving a sense of presence and warmth in the otherwise endless, some may even say cold expanse of the vast sky. The little girl on the left is by deduction, quite obviously Vivienne, though unlike her current self she is very small, perhaps barely a year or two old, and appears to be holding back tears. Maybe that she was a needy baby, or perhaps that she simply was shy and didn't like photos being taken of her?

This was a stark contrast to the other picture, at the back, where a teenage Vivienne was smiling and seemed full of hope and happiness... was it a photo shoot of sorts? Or perhaps what would eventually be used for some promotional poster?

Ultimately, both pictures showed a side of Vivienne that Prushka had never seen, a time when she still was able to feel, and act as a functional human being. She could smile, and she could cry. What kind of person was she back then, one had to wonder...
    Last edited by Ayakashi; July 21st, 2020 at 05:38 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

"......... Ba... banana?"
    A resounding sigh echoed throughout the hallway, as Anna rolled her eyes apprehensively at Elaine.

“You see? The girl is like a sponge, so you should be careful with what you tell her, you know? Next, she’ll be picking up all the expletives from Gagnon.”

A look of distaste flashed across her features for a moment.

“Mimicking this oaf…” Anna’s head twitched towards Hwan for a moment. “… is already bad enough. The last thing we need is her to pick up his third-grade sex innuendos.”

Moving a couple steps forward, Anna kneeled down in front of the smaller girl, even as her hand rose to rustle 17’s dark-hair with surprising warmth. Her words were accompanied by a small shake of her head.

“No, not really.”

“I…” Her finger pointed to herself for a brief moment of time, before returning to its earlier position on the girl’s head. “…am Anna.”

“That, however, is undoubtedly…” Anna’s finger pointed towards the blonde girl standing a couple of steps away, even as a playful grin flickered on her lips. “…a mutt.”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

I...don’t know about that, but if you think it’s good advice, then I’m glad,” I smiled back, “If it helps you in any way, then it’s already worth.”

Of course, it was all nice, but…

“Still, weekend shopping, huh…”

As nice as that would have been, I knew about the things that Ubon did not, and knew that this shopping trip that we are planning now would never end up happening. In fact, I’m not even sure if Ubon lived to see the weekend.

And it’s already thursday…

If I want to make sure that she’ll be okay, I can’t just goof off like this, as fun as it is, and as much as I want to spare it from her. The earlier I know, the earlier we can start to act…

“Hey Ubon,” I said after a momentary pause, “You know about the turnside, right? You’re part of it, just like me.”

After last week, the question felt a lot heavier, and ever since coming here, it gained a slightly different meaning.

Still, it was one that had to be asked, and if not now, I wasn’t sure when another opportunity would come again.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Hey Ubon... You know about the turnside, right? You’re part of it, just like me.”
    Ubon blinked owlishly.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

The atmosphere in the bathroom had become oddly quiet and heavy as the cyanhead straightened her back and rose to her full height, keeping her eyes locked onto Hisa's. That goofy smile from her face was gone now, and instead had been replaced by a mysterious, unreadable expression. The silence grew longer and longer as Ubon's stare bore somewhere deep into the back of Hisa's mind, and for a moment, it almost looked like it had been the wrong question to ask at the time.

Then, out of nowhere... Ubon turned around.

She rested her hands at the back of her head, leaning against them and with elbows pointing upwards. At the same time she slowly rocked on her heels, and...

"~ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ~"

... Startled whistling in a way that so obviously trying to be nonchalant it hurt.

Even worse than that, Ubon's expression could be seen in the mirror, and the girl was looking everywhere but towards Hisa, trying to keep a poker face and failing miserably. In that moment, all semblance of seriousness disappeared from the situation. It was clear now. Ubon was just as horrible a liar as Pyry was, if even worse. There was no way this girl was capable of keeping any sort of secret, much less something as big as a Turnside when someone straight up asked about it.

Yet, she still tried to play dumb.

"T-T-T-T-T-T-T-Turnside? Aha, ahaha, ahahahaha!" Ubon fake-laughed. "H-Hizzie, I've no idea what'choo talking 'bout! T-Turnside, huh? W-well, I dunno, it sounds, err, that is..."

Another awkward bout of silence.

Full fifteen seconds.

".... Maaaaaayyyyybe?"

Hisa Momoi

I stood back up as well, and raised an eyebrow at Ubon’s reaction.

A reaction that probably gave her away even faster than how it was with Pyry.

“You can’t fool me,” I said teasingly as I took a step towards her, “because…”

As her back was now turned to me, it was almost too easy. Quickly, I reached out with my hands towards her butt, and gave it a squeeze once more.

“Because I can instantly tell just from this wonderful butt!”

After getting enough of the pleasant sensation, I let go and continued on a more serious note.

“But yeah, I’m not exactly an ordinary human as well, so there is no reason to hide it.”

Though, it was certainly a topic that was better left unheard by public ears, but since my room was closed, and with the noise of the running water, it would have been impossible for anyone to make out what was being said here.

“In fact...and not that I want to scare you, but this can be a dangerous place. So being able to be more open about this topic...is certainly quite helpful.”

Not doing so might just lead to certain death, in the end.

“Not that I would just share this with anyone, but...I think I can trust you. And I want to help you.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“I’m definitely in a mess, but not that kinda mess, man.” Of course that’s the way Pyry would see it. How else would anyone else view this situation, from the outside? Colt couldn’t help but admire how quickly Pyry admonished what was clearly obvious, even as he lent a hand. “I do want to avoid Sakura seeing… for that reason, and for another.”

Colt brought a hand up as if to meet the keys, then unfolded his palm. Displaying his burnt up skin, he then brought up his other, equally burnt hand.

Why, oh why, he asked himself. Why, oh why, am I not heading right to the nurse… or a hospital?

“Unlike your smokes, I’m not a Lucky Bastard. Just look at me, I don’t have the kinda luck to get two girls into my bed like that, and I’m not the kinda bastard to do that the same night I was on a date with another girl.” Colt almost wanted to chuckle at his clever way with words, but held it in. It wasn’t really a conversation to be chuckling in the middle of. Instead he kept a serious stare. “I don’t want Sakura to see and get the wrong idea, but I also don’t want Sakura to get mixed up in this mess.”

He stopped there, and tilted his head.

“Heh, I guess it sounds like instead I’m willing to get you stuck in it. Ah, well,” Colt paused as he thought of a way to work his way out of the pit he had talked himself into. Pyry was part of that part of the world, what they called the Turnside. The same as Tris and Gradient. But that wasn’t the case for Sakura. At least, not as far as Colt knew. “One of the girls sort of knows you, so I thought it might be fine to get your help.”

Well, it wasn’t a lie. After all, Gradient remembered Pyry. Even if he might not remember her.

“So uh, I guess it’s up to you to believe me or not. I can’t blame ya for doubting it all, and it’s no hard feelings if you do.” Colt lightly shrugged his shoulders. “Well, either way, I’ll tell you the whole story later.”

He left those words to hang for a few seconds, as though he were done… and then suddenly threw in one last bit.

“I slept on the floor, by the way.”

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

"UGYAAAAAA!!!"

Well... that was a different sort of reaction.

There might have been multiple reasons for why it was so vastly different, really. Perhaps on the first time, Ubon had been still half-asleep (most likely answer). Or, maybe, Ubon had gotten more sensitive thanks to the cold water earlier (also likely). There was also the third option, which was about Ubon being already nervous thanks to being questioned about the Turnside all of a sudden, which sent her into a panicking mode at the push of a button... and that button had turned out to be her buttocks, which Hisa had mercilessly squeezed, sending the cyanhead into overdrive.

And into overdrive she went.

First of all, water splashed everywhere.

And that was absolutely everywhere. It was like someone had shoved a rotating umbrella underneath the showerhead.

Next, Hisa suddenly felt a gust of wind that was generated out of nowhere, a zephyr that emerged in the small bathroom, throwing shampoo bottles everywhere.

Then, for some reason Ubon's scream turned few octaves higher, almost like someone had been modulating her voice in the weirdest way, and it gained an odd sort of reverb into it, making it sound definitely inhuman.

And lastly... there were the wings.

The fluttering, haphazardly beating wings that sprouted from the girl's back. They were both bird-like, yet also insect-like, some sort of strange mesh between the two. They had feathers, sure, but those feathers were a kaleidoscope of colours and membranes, almost like the texture of a dragonfly's wings... and indeed, the four wings were set into an array like a dragonfly, only, they acted more like hummingbird's wings in shape and operation.

Still, those wings had come out.

And now Ubon was hugging the upper corner of the bathroom, eyes scanning the perimeter wildly while water was dripping absolutely everywhere.

"Ah-huh-why-where-oh-Hizzie-gaah-notfair-Hizzie-that-scared-my-butt-too-much-forrealsies!" Ubon spoke, her speech coming out in that same odd style, and thrice as fast, making it hard to actually make out. "Not-cool-not-cool-not-cool-my-butts-gonna-be-sore-oh-wow-heart-beating-way-too-fast-oh-no-wait-are-my-wings-out-no-no-no-Hizzie-no-peeking-not-the-wings-gaaah!"

... It was both amusing and sorta pitiable to watch.

Her poker face had less crumbled and more exploded, and now everything was out in the open.

"Huh-what-dangerous-this-place-dangerous-school-scare-dangerous-and-scary-what-do-you-mean-is-it-bad?" Ubon continued, slowly focusing on what Hisa had actually said, all the while her head was swishing back and forth like an animal. "So-uh-trust-you-mean-me-and-you-want-to-help-help-with-what-is-something-bad-gonna-happen-to-us-what-do-you-mean-I-I-I-uh..."

Ubon drew so deep a breath that she might have filled her lungs twice with that.

"Gaaaahhhh... oh, I'm... oh noesies..." Ubon murmured, as she saw her own form. "This... this is totes awkward..."

Colt Davin

"Jesus, man..."

Pyry wasted no time after listening to Colt's explanation. He stepped out of his room, pantless and all, and grabbed a hold of his wrists so he could take a look at his palms. The horrible burn marks, like Colt had grabbed two white-hot iron rods last night and refused to let go, were there plain as day. This wasn't the type of burn wound that could be just let be and hope it goes away. No, it needed medical attention, and just the one night that Colt had spent sleeping (mostly thanks to the numbing effect of adrenaline and mulled wine) had made the situation worse. The mere sensation of wind hitting the palms had made the boy wince in pain.

In other words, it was bad.

Really bad.

And that was what got Pyry looking extremely worried.

"... You're not heading out anywhere. You're going straight to the nurse's office, though I doubt it'll stay there. You should be hauled off to End's Mercy, dude," Pyry said sternly, frowning at how Colt was downplaying the situation. "This sorta thing ain't a laughing matter. They could get infected or worse, and you're risking your whole hands. And that'd be a sorry end for all that tinkering stuff you do, right?"

Well, althought it looked like Pyry had understood that Colt was serious when he said he hadn't done anything untoward, now there was a new problem.

Namely, Pyry was in no way going to let Colt head off with his hands like this - especially since the blonde athelete's idea had been lending his car to Colt.

Driving with hands like this was just asking for trouble.

"Alright, come on. I'll help you to the main building, so..."

Suddenly, Pyry's words died to his mouth. He stared at Colt's hand after letting go of them, then at Colt himself, and finally his eyes narrowed a bit. There was a hint of suspicion in his eyes. Indeed, wounds like these weren't something a normal high school student would get to himself, so a denizen of the other world like Pyry would naturally get suspicious. And that was why Pyry, after staying silent for a moment, continued with a quiet voice so nobody else could overhear.

"... Dude. Tell it to me straight. How'd you get these wounds? And who... or rather, in what sense would that other girl know me?" He asked, leaning a bit closer. "If... it's a certain thing, I might be able to help with this problem better than the Miss Leuzinger or the hospital..."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"No, you couldn't really test of courage itself scary... all the frightening bits were off to the side. It was just walking through nowhere. Y'know, give some kids flashlights in the dark and they'll scare themselves, that sorta deal."

Recalling that painful night affirms my conclusion. I can't recall being terrified of the darkness or that stupid cabin. What I were scared of were... blades in the dark, aimed at my throat. The hidden feelings lurking within those scheming in the background. That twisted smile on Jake Briggs' face. The thought of going to sleep alone in a room that offered no protection. The future and all it held. Such was the terror that had me quaking that night.

"After the first leg, I'd had enough. Ended up yelling at Hisa. And Pyry. And Briggs. And they only deserved about half of it. The other half was me being an idiot and jumping to conclusions. And then Ubon showed up and... it got nasty."

I can't even directly think of what was said, then. Trying to go back there, it feels like my heart will stop. So I dance around it mentally, painting a slightly less painful picture of the truth.

"The one silver lining to the whole mess is that they called it off early after that. So nobody else could run into danger just to win some stupid prize. And it's not like it was all a waste. I'll be talking to Hisa and Ubon to clear up the mess this morning. And after that... well, I'll tell you in a bit."

Yes, it's good to end on positives. And to focus on the future. There are some things Vivi should know.

I look behind me and out the window to make sure no one can possibly be eavesdropping, and then, in a low voice...

"As for what I learned: John remembers last week. He's been investigating things on his own, saying something about how he met the Disembodied Man, who's supposedly behind everything going bad... Actually, John's got a condition, too. It's like the opposite of yours. I'm not sure what to make of it, but he's definitely a dependable guy. Lia has also met Muse, even though she wasn't here last week; I think she originally got 'eaten' by the same monster that took my eye in the dream, so that's why she didn't show up. Seems like that monster's been marking others around Road's End by eating their eyes to gain power... anyway, Liana's also up to help. Muse is the key; she told me last night that we're stuck in some sort of time loop. She managed to protect my memories by sheltering them in that dream. She's the reason we can remember. And I'm betting everyone who's met their own Muse is the same way."

It's a mouthful to relay. Just the important bits for now; I wish we could take forever, but the morning won't last that long and I've got things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    "We... uh... went to investigate... the Lighthouse. We saw a flashlight at the top of it and... found out someone had broken in... they were looking for... something? Food maybe... they uh... jumped down into a bush from the top of the lighthouse... and then into the ocean... or maybe someone else did that... in the end there were two people..."

"This... was left behind... she was... some sort of animal-person... and then the other person... the only clue we got from them was a matchstick box that fell down... the box is with Alex..."

"... Spade Queen Country Room ... was written on it... have you... read or heard of that before?"
    "The Lighthouse-?"

I blink. "That's weird; this evening last week I was talking to Beatrice right at the Lighthouse, and the lock was just fine. Maybe one of the people was the ghost boy, and the other was some kinda... you said she had fur? Gimme."

I take the tuft of fur in hand and squint at it. Really? This? Well, I guess werewolves and the like exist, so it's not too far-fetched...

Reaching forth into the fur as it rests on my palm, I close my eyes... and open them a few moments later.

"...yeah, she was starving. And pissed. And maybe panicking a bit. And worried about someone... someone like family, maybe a brother or a sister. But she was focused, too, like the kinda focus you'd see on a martial artist. I can't really get anything else. It's definitely no one I've met. But that should be enough to look for. Hungry, angry, and worried about family. If they were looking for food in the Lighthouse of all places, then they had to have known Rachel's been bringing the ghost boy TV dinners. You could ask him, if he doesn't just run away again, or ask her if she's told anyone else about her visits to the Lighthouse."

That takes care of the first half of Vivi's story. For the second, though...

"I'd need to get my hands on the matchbook to sniff out what's on it and who had it. Never heard of this country room place. Might be worth looking into, along with all the hundred other leads. We really need to coordinate with everyone else who remembers, or else we'll get nothing done. But if it's a matchbook... then whoever we're looking for is almost certainly a smoker. Maybe even an old-fashioned one; who uses matches these days? I'm picturing some kinda old man... or maybe a soldier. They prefer matches over lighters. Something about being easier to pack and less volatile."

That's about all the help I can offer on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "Oh...? That is... Mother, yes..."
    "...mother."

A mother. Yes, right, Vivi had a mother. Of course she did. Humans have mothers.

That person, there, holding her. That is what a 'mother' looks like.

This photograph is of a precious moment. A precious memory. A precious person.

What did those who looked at it feel?

What did Vivi feel, when she looked at that picture, when she still could?

I slowly raise my arm and reach towards the picture. It's not a decision that I make; before I realize it, my body is already reaching for it. There's something here. Something I need to grasp.

Odic Force gathers in my fingertips. They glow bright blue, and as they make contact with the glass...

The old feelings left there come to life.

They flow through me. I become a river, a lake, a receiver for that which was there the whole time, for those feelings that, for whatever reason, humans cannot perceive by themselves.

How long does it take? Going back years is always harder than a day or a week. It's like taking a journey. But once you're there, the destination is the same no matter how far you traveled. It's as if you are there, in that moment, reliving the memory...

Eventually, it ends. And I am left only as myself again.

Except...

"Vivi..."

So this is what it's like.

"Your parents... y'know... they really, really love you... and they want to see you again... more than anything, they wished that... that..."

This is what a mother's love feels like. This is what a father's love feels like.

"And you... you loved them too... so, so much..."

Yes, this is what family feels like.

It's the same. The same as that feeling I lost so long ago.

My family. A human's family. Vivi's family.

There's no difference between them at all.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Slowly, Colt’s eyes widened. That voice in the back of his head that had questioned his priorities was getting louder, and the final piece of the puzzle clicked.

“Oh my fucking...” There was a crucial piece he hadn’t thought about in all of this. “If this gets infected, this can get infected, oh shit if this gets infected… that’s it for me.”

It was obvious that the severity of it was starting to click. He hadn’t even considered the possibility of an infection.

“That’s my whole career, dude…”

The thought slipped out as a whisper, and Colt’s eyes turned downward. Much like his future was soon to spiral into the dirt. As Pyry let go, Colt looked into his hands, and imagined them gone.

"... Dude. Tell it to me straight. How'd you get these wounds? And who... or rather, in what sense would that other girl know me? If... it's a certain thing, I might be able to help with this problem better than the Miss Leuzinger or the hospital..."

Pyry leaned in and asked a question in a quiet voice.

“Alright…” Colt answered, voice still a whisper. His eyes rose from his hands. “You guys call it the Turnside, right? I’m just a regular guy but the one who knows you… she ain’t quite human, not in the usual sense.”

Again, Colt’s went up and down the hall.

“It might be better to talk this over in my room. You can just see her yourself.” He gestured with his chin toward his closed door. “But uh… I get the feeling you’re not going to remember her.”

Then the boy’s eyes went back to his hands.

“But now you have me realizing I have more important things to worry about. I think I need a lift to the hospital, man.”
    Last edited by Spinach; July 21st, 2020 at 07:00 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by V
    “I’m surprised we didn’t have to do a longer interview. Kind of sucks that they won’t test you for the kitchen yet. You do seem like the type who could probably handle themselves in a kitchen. Also about skipping breakfast, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done it...”
    "Ah, V, that's no good. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you shouldn't make a habit of it~!"

A teasing admonishment, one hand rising up to wave a single finger back in forth in front of the other girl's face...

And then laughs to herself.

"Although I'll agree with you on the kitchen bit, I used to volunteer at an orphanage back in the day, so I got used to cooking for others pretty fast."

Done swirling the cream into her coffee, the dark-haired youth takes a blissful sip, mind singing the praises of caffeine even as she works her way through two other tasks at once.

---It was the Bureau.

The presence of the badge confirmed it, and that complicated matters somewhat...

“Good to know that Stratos held up for you. She’s probably a little happy about being played since people need me to play Fen more often.”

“Sorry I forgot to mention that I call my guitar Stratos and my bass Fen. It must seem a bit silly to name my instruments...” I start awkwardly laughing about it. “As for how long, I’ve been playing… Uh about three-four years? Mostly self-taught and playing by ear. I probably could be better if I actually got sheet music and stuff, but I had more important things to buy at the time...”
    "Silly? Not at all!"

She beams at the other girl.

"I'm sure the guitars appreciate it, it's not that strange to name those sorts of things, some people give their car a name, right?"

She laughs, then gestures to the board sitting beneath her feet.

"In my case, I named my skateboard the "Solar Wind." Not quite as catchy a name as Stratos though..."

She cuts into her french toast for the first time now, ample syrup eliciting a small bit of guilt...

But just a small bit.

Her weight was fine.

She could drench things in syrup every once in awhile-!

"And being self-taught in music is pretty cool, I had to go to school for it... Or well, I sort of got singing and dancing down on my own, but the guitar? Music track at an arts school... Got the idol outfit there too, if you were curious."

A light smile...

"Don't have the money for those sorts of clothes nowadays. So I'm with you on the 'more important things to buy' thing, although I totally still pull the look off, right?"

And a wink...

Quote Originally Posted by FBI Agent
    "... In my dream, one of the students of Pinefall has a vision of that beached girl's killer. Deputy Cliff, you sketched her picture," the Agent started. "Then, I got a phone call from a faceless woman named Muse. The killer's name was Dot."
    ---And then things get complex.

Beached girl.

Dot.

Muse and Dot, in the same conversation; what had Prushka called her?

Dot. F. Loonwaters.

The Monster in the Ghostwood, the thing that hid in the spaces between...

No.

The-thing-that-really-needed-a-good-old-fashioned-punch-in-the-face.

Probably a couple hundred, really make sure it can't come back.

"..."

Nevertheless, she keeps her expression in line with what it should be; chopping away automatically at her breakfast, her smile doesn't falter even as her mind turns towards the conversation in the distance.

"No, different Dot. This one was known as just Dot, and she was from West Virginia. They lived in the attic, and they both sang: 'Stars, Fall For Me.'" The Agent continued, using an odd, lyrical lilt for the last words. "This Muse was hunted down by someone and so her essence was dispersed into the forest. Angered, Dot woved to kill again and made a man without a shape to do her work."
    ---And now the Disembodied Man.

Or rather, what she can only assume is the Disembodied Man; how many other 'men without shape' can exist in this sort of town?

---Well, this was both fortunate and unfortunate.

She hadn't wanted to get too involved, but if the Bureau was here, well...

The agent was probably a good person to get to know.

In other words...

"Do you know where dreams come from, though?"
    ---This is the moment.

"Acetylcholine neurons fire high, voltage impulses into the forebrain. The impulses become pictures, the pictures become your dream," the agent explained, raising his finger like he was telling a secret. "But no one knows why we choose these particular pictures."
    This awkward silence, where two people try to understand the eccentricities of the person before them...

That is the 'weak point.'

This is where it is possible to jump in, if she is careful enough about it...

After all, the FBI being full of strange people was no new occurrence; you have to be a certain level of out there in order to catch those with the real distortions, distortions fighting distortions, it was just how the world tended to roll, even so...

"..."

She lets it pass her by, at least for right now.

This is one opportunity of course, but there's plenty she can do with what she has just overheard to make contact with the agent later, under better circumstances, so instead, she...

Raises an eyebrow at Vier, lightly taps the back of her own neck, and...

Tilts her head in a questioning manner at the girl...

But what that actually meant...

Was seemingly up to the girl in question to decide...
    Last edited by Airen; July 22nd, 2020 at 06:36 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Elaine Winters
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THURS)

I stared back impassively at the finger pointing at me.

Mutt, huh?

Well fuck you too, Anna.

”Don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about.”

Just sitting here having some jokey-jokes and you go and piss in my cereal.

Coughing slightly to try and alleviate the sudden frost in my voice, I continued:

”But, hey, guess you got more important things to do with your little friend, no need to waste your time taking cheap shots at people.”

I put my hands in my pockets, “So sorry to impose on you, madam.”

Oh I was mad, I was really mad.

But there was no need to let it show so obviously.

”Guess we’ll head out without you, then.”

I smiled pleasantly, or at least tried to.

Probably a bit too much teeth in it.

Then I sighed, slouching a bit, “See you around, or something.”

I spun on my heel, putting forth a sudden jocular air, “Come on Short Round, let’s go find someone else to annoy, leave sweetheart to her boyfriend.”

Guess we’ll go meander on out towards the caf, then, knowing my luck someone’ll be bugging for something else on the way out the door.

Never rains, does it?

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Date: 08.09.1994 (WED)

Lucille takes Zane’s hand with a confident shake—she’s had too much practice doing this, at least. Her mental evaluation of her is that Zane Mitchell is a lot like Mercedes West, if the starlet was toned down. If only his words were rude, he was much more bearable. And that was fine with her. People were allowed to have their idiosyncrasies.

“I’m Lucille Faraday,” she says, doing her best to look chipper. “Today we were going to explore the town, so it’d be wonderful to have a local’s recommendations!”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

While my seat made looking at the group of three infrequent, I did make a few discreet looks when I was confident I wouldn’t be caught. On one of those looks, I noticed a very particular badge. If it was just a police or detective badge like the other two, it probably wouldn’t be worth noting. However, that man who was talking about the murder was a member of the FBI. His seemingly crazy talk made even more sense now. While I never really worked with the FBI directly, I did work with the CIA’s… more specialized SAD teams. While they weren’t individually as strong in their abilities, there were significantly more of them.

Seeing one in my vicinity made me extra cautious especially considering my status. It would be a nice gift to whatever country they felt like buttering up. Granted, he probably won’t be able to make a task force in time before everything on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by FBI AGENT
    "... In my dream, one of the students of Pinefall has a vision of that beached girl's killer. Deputy Cliff, you sketched her picture. Then, I got a phone call from a faceless woman named Muse. The killer's name was Dot."
    One of us had a vision of the killer? But who? The people who I knew didn’t seem to have an idea on the potential murderer. Also Muse was capable of interacting with people outside of our dreams, but if that’s the case then why did she call him? However if she could contact us and warn us in real time… It would be a massive advantage but the issue was that mobile telecommunications were still too big and bulky. The only exceptions were those who had Black Technology and having access to a specific device such as that was slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Sheriff
    "Dot? As in Dorothy? The doctor whose clinic is downhill?"
    "No, different Dot. This one was known as just Dot, and she was from West Virginia. They lived in the attic, and they both sang: 'Stars, Fall For Me. This Muse was hunted down by someone and so her essence was dispersed into the forest. Angered, Dot woved to kill again and made a man without a shape to do her work. Do you know where dreams come from, though?"
    Dot… created the man without a shape. There was only one thing that came to mind, the Disembodied Man. But if she created him… Then why was there reports of him existing before now? Is the Disembodied Man less a specific creature but more a certain type? And he only appears once the “Muse” has been killed. If that’s the case, then… on Saturday night did someone kill Muse? Is it a literal muse in our reality or is it the Muse that we meet in our dreams? If it’s the former, then I don’t know who “Muse” is. If it’s the latter, then what killed Muse in our dreams? She seemed confident in her safety in her clearing.

"Acetylcholine neurons fire high, voltage impulses into the forebrain. The impulses become pictures, the pictures become your dream. But no one knows why we choose these particular pictures."
    He’s not wrong in the sense that dreams are created by whatever neurons are firing at the time frame. As for what neurons end up firing, I’m not really an expert but I believe it seems to have an increased chance of firing if something deeply affected you. My sense manipulation is what you could call the opposite. I don’t stop a person from seeing me. What I instead do is stop the neurons from firing to induce a temporary loss. While I could theoretically permanently sever someone’s sense, it would take significantly more effort since I’m not specialized for that.

During their conversation, Liana Skye and I both do our best to act uninterested in their conversation. I learned a little bit about her, she learned a little bit about me. Our conversation was perfectly normal between two girls. Once they reach their lull in conversation, Liana Skye seems to have a decisive moment. She seemed ready to jump into their conversation before she decided against it. However, she did make a specific motion that didn’t make sense if I didn’t hear a certain thing.

“Ah so you were an idol like I thought! Was that art school in Japan? Your outfit seemed to have a Japanese inspiration to it. Lots of people probably wish they could’ve been in your position or hear some stories of your time there.”

I let her respond to me before continuing.

“Meanwhile, I’ve spent my life wandering the world with the bare minimum. I didn’t think there were many people like me,” I rubbed the back of my neck kind of embarrassedly. “Like I can’t see people getting too interested in hunting down an animal, skinning it, and then eating it. Especially most of the girls who are in our class.”

I give out a quick sigh. Let’s see if she picked up my sign as well. If she did, she might actually be an ally worth working with. If not, she was also still worth keeping friendly. Hopefully, the FBI agent keeps talking or something interesting keeps happening. Otherwise, it might be time for me to grab that book.

Hisa Momoi

“W-well, showing it is certainly faster than just explaining…” I murmured much to myself as I observed the flying girl.

It was quite the sight, even if I couldn’t really tell what exactly it must have been. The wings didn’t entirely resemble that of a bird’s, nor that of an insect’s, but rather...It was more of a combination of the two, with the feathers and the colorful membrane. At the same time, there were also four of them, and the way they were positioned and how they functioned didn’t really give an exact answer either.

Still, now that things got like this, I better make sure…

Turning my gaze from Ubon, I quickly looked at the walls around us, focusing on what lied beyond them. Which, to my relief, happened to be nothing - my room, this part of the corridor, and Sakura’s room equally seemed to be empty.

With a relieved sigh, I turn back to Ubon, who was still quivering up in the corner of the bathroom.

“You should calm down, you’re speaking so fast you’ll bite your tongue,” I smiled at the other girl, “and hide those wings again, as beautiful as they are. The bathroom is maybe a bit too small for them…”

Especially after that small gust she created which rained everything with water and threw everything that could be moved around.

“I promise I’ll leave your butt alone.” I added, though it was quite unlikely that it was her issue to begin with.

“And well, what I mean is that...well, it’s hard to explain all at once. But this is a dangerous place, especially alone. And I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

I wasn’t too sure how much I should have told her for now anyways. Definitely not that I already lived through these things once, and that she supposedly died somehow, along with a lot of other people…

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier, Lucille Faraday & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "I'm Elise Pelltier! Nice to meet you, Zane!' I'm glad Anna was able to help your brother out. We were just heading out to the store, but don't worry about holding us up. I'm sure John will be back with Anna before we know it! Say, we're still pretty new to town. Anything you'd suggest checking out around here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “I’m Lucille Faraday. Today we were going to explore the town, so it’d be wonderful to have a local’s recommendations!”
    Zane nodded to both of the girls after the introductions. However, when it came to the question of recommendations and places to check out at Road's End, that made him fall into momentary silence. The redhead rubbed his chin, thinking about how to respond to it, and one could practically see the gears in his head start turning. After a moment or two of awkward silence, Zane finally let out a slightly defeated sigh and made a vague gesture, one hand on his hip.

"Well... Unfortunately, there's not much to see here. Road's End is in the sticks, after all. If you want excitement, you should head to Seattle. Though, as to what can be found here..." Zane grimaced slightly. "... I suppose there is the library at Owl's Nest? Mr. Halloway is an avid collector of books, and he lets us use his library for free, so that's worth visiting. It has lot of things that no regular library would have."

Indeed, the library seemed to be something that everybody recommended visiting around here. Whether it was because it reall was impressive, or because there really wasn't anything else of note around, well... that was something everyone had their own answer to.

"If you're into nature, there's always the trail leading up to the overlook. Plenty of nice scenery there. Though, you'll want to be careful," Zane continued, shooting a warning at the two girls with his eyes. "Only visit there at daytime. If you find yourselves in the woods at night, you're almost bound to get lost. And that's not even bringing up all the wild animals. In other words, be careful about when you go there - otherwise we townspeople have to arrange search parties, and that's just a hassle for everybody."

The boy frowned, both to himself and at the thought.

"And if you're into architecture, I guess there's the McLampet manor near---"

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Vandemeel is talking with someone right now, but she’ll come right away.”
    It was at that moment that John Dove reappeared from the dormitories, making his presence known with a wave and cutting into the conversation. Zane's eyes studied the blue-haired boy for a bit, as if trying to see just what sort of guy decided to help him out without even asking... and perhaps the redhead was satisfied, because a hint of a smile appeared on his face. A hint that he then quickly hid, as if "slight frown" was the expression he wanted show to the world as a default.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Good morning, name’s John Dove. You will excuse me for acting on my own initiative, but, with all due respect, standing here in the hopes that the person you are looking for comes out at some point is too unreliable a strategy. I felt I had to do something.”
    Without hesitation, Zane grabbed John's hand and gave it a firm shake. It was surprisingly strong.

"Well... I suppose so. But it's not like I could go into the dorms as an outsider. That would have just have caused trouble for you guys, and I'd much rather not deal with that hassle," Zane replied. "So, while you did it on your own... thanks. You helped me out here. Though I'd rather not be in debt to someone, so let me buy you a soda or help you out somehow else later. Less of a burden on my mind that way."

As seemed usual for the redhead, his gratitude was masked with a hint of brusqueness.

Elaine Winters & Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “Come on Short Round, let’s go find someone else to annoy, leave sweetheart to her boyfriend.”
    "... A'ight."

After the awkward pause that followed Elaine's words, Hwan finally shrugged and followed the blonde girl towards the stairs. The situation had become slightly uncomfortable to what had been said and what sort of reactions it had caused. Even 17, who couldn't really understand the words themselves, clearly realized this. She kept switching the target of her worried stare from Anna to Elaine, clearly unsure what had happened but concerned about the older girls all the same. One could practically read from her expression that she wanted to do something to help... but, thanks to her disadvantages, really couldn't. So, the only thing she could do was follow Elaine in silence.

Hwan, on the other hand, broke his pace just for a moment to throw a glance back towards Anna.

A glance that was marred with a frown.

Even if the white-haired boy was rude, even he looked like he thought Anna had a bit thoughtlessly hit the wrong button.

It was almost like his eyes had a message of: "Dunno what that was about, but not cool."

--- Yeah, they probably had.

And thus, as the trio disappeared around the corner and started descending the stairs, Hwan turned his attention to Elaine instead. They had gotten some distance to Anna and her doorway, which was perhaps why the shorter boy finally opened his mouth.

"Wanna go hit the gym?" He asked, sneaking a sideways glance at Anna. "I hear they got a punching bag there."

While he might have been half-joking, as judged by his lopsided grin, he was probably half-serious as well.

Vier Wolff & Liana Skye

While the supposedly good-natured, normal conversation continued between Vier and Liana, the lull in the discussion of the law enforcement officers came to an end. Sheriff leaned in closer, his eyes focused and narrow. Meanwhile the blonde deputy had finished up scribbling down the last details of what the agent had just said. The tension around the table was almost palpable, even if none of the other customers, aside from Liana and Vier, seemed to notice it.

"So, Ferguson...?" Michael Kennedy asked. "How did this dream of yours end?"

The FBI agent (apparently named Ferguson) took a sip of his coffee and stayed silent for a moment more, smacking his lips. His eyes scanned around the room, and although their movement was fast, both Liana and Vier could feel how that stare stopped upon their table for just a tiny bit longer than the others.

Had he noticed?

Did he realize they were listening in?

... No, apparently not.

With a mysterious smile, Agent Ferguson continued, directing his attention back to his colleagues.

"Suddenly it was twenty-one years later. I was reclining on a fancy leather couch of a beautiful lounge draped in chevron patterns. There was a midget in a red suit and a beautiful foreign woman who looked exactly like Elizaveta Vyraj. There were others too, like a woman with the voice of a man, a handsome bartender, a man with a monocle and a horned girl. They all congratulated me and told me that the cuckoo had flown the coop," the silver-haired man continued. "He then continued and asked if his Cognate looked exactly like Elizaveta Vyraj?"

The sheriff blinked in momentary confusion.

"H-huh?" He asked. "What... 'Cognate'?"

A smirk appeared on the agent's face.

"The beautiful foreigner. Sometimes she strangles herself until her bones break and she disappears. She's filled with secrets, living right past the hangman's noose. Where they're from, there's nothing to do but to listen to the radio, and night-time is always near," Ferguson explained. "The woman with a man's voice started a song, and the midget started a dance. Someone else took a seat in next table over,, someone they had been waiting for. My time was nearly over, so the Cognate told me she would send a message through that other guest. She'd tell that person who killed her, and send them on their way to me. Then she whispered the name of the other guest in my ear so I could find them."

You could have cut the tension in the air around the table with a rusty spoon. Both the sheriff and the deputy were now watching Agent Ferguson with rapt attention, eyes focused solely on him. The blonde woman had even forgotten to write down most of what had been said thanks to getting swept up in this tale about a bizarre dream of midgets and chevron lounges.

"Who... Who was it?" The sheriff finally asked. "Who knows her killer?"

Ferguson, completely expressionless, finished up his coffee and set the cup back on the table. He turned back towards his colleagues, and with all the seriousness he could muster, answered:

"--- I don't remember."

With those words, that tension deflated like a whoopie cushion, eliciting a "Damn!" from both the sheriff and his deputy.

Hisa Momoi

“You should calm down, you’re speaking so fast you’ll bite your tongue. And hide those wings again, as beautiful as they are. The bathroom is maybe a bit too small for them… I promise I’ll leave your butt alone.”
    "Ohh, uh... r-right, sure, right, yeah, that's a good... good plan," Ubon answered, trying her best to calm down her rapid-fire speech as if she was doing it instinctively. "I'll come down so, uh, gimme some space. Gotta retract wings too so, uh, just-a-mom... just a moment."

With that, Ubon slowly stopped the beating of her strange, bizarre wings and gathered them up against her body in a manner of an insect. At the same time, she slowly lowered herself down back on the ground, displaying climbing skills that would have left a gecko jealous. Indeed, just watching the movements of the girl right now, it was like some sort of switch had been flipped in her head, and all her mannerisms were vaguely inhuman. Though, at the same time, it was still the very same Ubon underneath it all. If one would have had to describe it, it was almost as if she was being fast-forwarded constantly, and to keep herself from bouncing off the walls she had to make a conscious effort to slow herself down.

"Ahuh... yeah... there we go!"

Having finally reached the floor, Ubon clenched her hands into fists and squinted her eyes in a form of focus, looking for a moment like she was trying to channel some sort of power in a very cliched way. And perhaps she did, as not long after, in a flash of colourful light, the wings retracted back into the girl's body, disappeared from the view and becoming part of her human form like nothing strange had ever been there. Other inhuman aspects of Ubon disappeared too, and in just a few seconds, she appeared as the same old airheaded, cheerful girl as usual.

With her transformation finished, Ubon shot an embarrassed grin at Hisa, sheepishly scratching the back of her head.

"Ahahaha..." Ubon giggled awkwardly. "W-well, that was sorta embarrassing... didn't mean for the wings to pop out like that, for realsies."

“And well, what I mean is that...well, it’s hard to explain all at once. But this is a dangerous place, especially alone. And I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”
    That gave Ubon a pause... but only for a moment.

Ten seconds to be exact.

That was the time it took for her good cheer to return, and a slightly confident grin to rise to her face.

"W-well, that goes both ways! I don't want anything bad to happen to you either, Hizzie! So if this place is dangerous, that just means we gotta look out for each other, right?" She proclaimed. "Better yet, if being alone is bad, let's gather up a whole group of people we can trust, for realsies!"

Still, after that proclamation, Ubon's expression calmed down a bit - as well as her voice.

"And, well... if it's hard to explain at all once, that's alright. I mean, I'm not that good at understanding difficult stuff anyways," Ubon continued. "You can just explain it to me in small chunks as needed! Does that work?"

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Prushka was sharing a lot of useful information. The knowledge that there were more people that remembered, and were willing to help would be of great use. Vivienne was making sure to take note of the name of other students that were being mentioned as potential allies, though of course she would have to verify the fact herself. The events of the test of courage were still a bit of a mystery, but prodding Prushka for more details about it wasn't exactly the way to go, seeing how she avoided going too in depth on the subject of what caused the fallout between her and the other members. Vivienne could have a guess or two but...

... for now she had to deal with a girl that was emotionally breaking down. It was very strange, perhaps very painful indeed. As painful as it could be for someone who could neither empathize or sympathize properly. You want to help, you want to say 'I understand', 'I care', but you do not. You cannot. What is left is nothing but a logical deduction of behaviors, a reasoning that reduces everything to cause and effect. There is no 'self', there is no 'love' nor 'hate', it is all but bland, tasteless and harsh rehashing of the how, not the why.

In a sense, Prushka is crying Vivienne's tears. It's been like that since they met, hasn't it? A girl that embodies the concept of feelings, faced with an entity that is her antithesis -- a barren desert, an empty cold, an absolute void of emotions.

What has Prushka felt when she reached for Vivienne's picture? What is it that she saw? Did she experience the joys and sadness that were tied to those that had previously touched that picture frame? The 'true' Vivienne, as well as her parents? Vivienne Bianchi had no way of telling, so she could only act on certainties. Certainties that Prushka was moved, and that she most likely required some sort of support. Perhaps that she did not have the chance of having a loving family? The current Vivienne Bianchi feels nothing, but the old one indeed was someone that looked up to her parents like role models, like idols. To lack such a motivating factor, to be stranded out alone, without comfort or encouragement... yes, it could lead to reactions such as the one Prushka had here.

"Prushie... it's okay... there is no need to cry..."

Who was she crying for? Was it truly tears for Vivienne, or tears for herself? How could she say such things, that there was no need to cry? She couldn't understand anymore, she had no right to claim such things.

Perhaps realizing that, she stays silent and simply puts a gentle hand on top of Prushka's head, gently caressing the little girl's blonde hair. This is all she can do. If she speaks more, she may hurt Prushka, if she tries to say more, she may open wounds rather than close them. It was because of that after all, that Vivienne usually communicates with her drawing book, was it not? To avoid antagonizing, to avoid alienating, that is why she so often kept her mouth shut. She had begun to speak quite a lot since she had come here... was this muse's doing? The encouragement of others?

"Sorry..."

All she can do is apologize. She does not need to apologize, it is not her fault that all of this is happening... but there is nothing else she can do to help Prushka control herself. A silence could be misinterpreted as a soundless motion of judgement, making matters most likely worst.

Hisa Momoi

“Sure, that works,” I nodded, “though, for now we probably should finish up showering. Prushka might think that we really are doing something else in here…”

Well, not that something like that was really an option, not even if it came down to me. Even if it would have been fun teasing her...there were limits to everything.

“We can talk about things later, unless you have anything to ask right now,” I continued, “Still, the most important thing is that...if you can, try not to go anywhere alone. After all...if something wanted to attack someone without being noticed, it makes sense that they would pick the lonely targets, right?”

A scary, and somewhat disgusting strategy. And whoever is behind it...there is way too little I know about. The impostor, the shadow figure, the cloaked person...Maybe they are all connected as well. Most likely someone who can possess, or control others…or even worse, and just outright kill, and replace them.

“Pyry knows about it too. I think Prushka is also reliable, and…”

Of course, I wanted to mention Elise, but at the same time...Staying alone with Elise is just asking to be murdered as well, especially when you don’t know what to expect, and lack the tools do deal with her demon. Much as she could be trusted...She also cannot really be, at the same time.

“John and Vivienne too, probably. I didn’t have too much time to ask and investigate everyone yet, but...it’s a start.”

Having washed off the last bit of shampoo off of my body, and seeing how Ubon was ready too, I closed the tap, and reached for my towel, but my hand stopped mid air.

“W-well, I know this probably sounds a bit crazy all of a sudden,” I glanced back at Ubon awkwardly, “but I’m not making any of this up, nor any of the things I’ll be telling you about later. As hard as it is...I hope you can believe that at least.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

There is a hand, patting my head.

It's almost like a sisterly hand. Normally I hate it when people do this. But those who I'm okay with are allowed to. And one of them did it all the time, whenever I was upset. Then surely, now, if I reach out, into that hand, I'll find...

Nothing. It's empty. Of course it would be empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "Prushie... it's okay... there is no need to cry..."
    "I'm, I'm not..."

The warmth isn't there of course. It's a cold, empty hand. I almost want to throw it off. Some part of me rises, tries to explode, and...

"No, don't apologize. I'm sorry, Vivi..."

Fails completely. That emptiness is only from the perspective of 'feelings', Prushka. Remind yourself of that for as long as it takes. Even if you can't see it... that doesn't mean Vivienne Bianchi's 'will' doesn't exist.

Now brush those tears away. They're not yours, after all.

"I just, wanted to see what 'you' were like. To get to know you better. And to see what 'she' was like. But, those feelings were so strong, they..."

Was it really just that? Really?

"...no, it's not that. I just wasn't ready for it."

With a sniff, I wipe away the last of the tears with my sleeve. It's fine. Heartbeat's slowing down. It's as if all the distress is being pushed back down by Vivi's hand in my hair, brushing away the sand in my eyes.

I finally manage to look up and match Vivi's gaze. As my breathing calms, I take her hand and gently shift it away from my head, holding it in my lap.

"I can... smell the emotions left behind on objects, if I touch them," I explain to her slowly, regaining my voice with each careful word. "It's not a perfect explanation, but, that's the gist. But, since you don't have feelings right now... I wanted to see if there were old ones from long ago, maybe on something precious. And I was curious about... about what a 'mother' might smell like. 'Cus, um, I don't really have one. So the feeling on that picture was... unfamiliar. And unexpected. I wasn't really... ready for it. T-that's all. I'm not sad or anything, r-really. Just... surprised."

For a while, I sit there, not sure what to say next, as the morning passes and my heart slows down. Vivi probably understands it logically, but...

"It's the same. That's what surprised me. Whether you're human or not... 'family' smells exactly the same."

What a silly delusion it was, to ever think otherwise.

"Um, that's all! So, uh, s-sorry for that!"

Geeze, this morning's a mess...

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “But now you have me realizing I have more important things to worry about. I think I need a lift to the hospital, man.”
    Pyry's frown was gone. Or rather, it had been replaced with something even harder - a steely-eyed look that gave no quarter. He stepped forward, peered down the hallway to the right and then to the left, making sure nobody was around. Then, without giving Colt a word in edgewise, he grabbed the shorter by the shoulder, a vice-grip that wouldn't let go, and looked him straight in the eye. When the blonde athlete spoke, his voice was equally quiet, but it was determined and grave.

"No. If it's that sorta stuff... then no. Better not get the hospital involved. Get in," Pyry said, shoving Colt towards the slightly ajar door. "I can fix that. If you know that much... it should be safe to do this."

Before the brown-haired boy could protest, he had already been shoved further into the room, and Pyry stepped inside behind him. The door closed with a loud thud, followed by the sound of Pyry locking it... which was slightly ominous. The room in itself, however, was for some reason draped in darkness, and even the curtains had been pulled over the window as if the lanky athlete didn't want anyone to see inside. There were couple of beer bottles (empty) on the table, old cassette-player quietly sharing its song in the corner, and for some reason, a was knocked-over boardgame on the floor, with its fake paper money and pieces scattered about.

Still... what the hell was Afrikan Tähti?

Colt had never even seen a boardgame like that.

All in all, it almost looked like the boy had been having a party here last night... though to drink beer and play boardgames all on his lonesome was a little bit...

"--- Don't worry about him. That's just Ru. He's cool."

Pyry's voice suddenly cut into Colt's thoughts and then...

... He saw it.

The clothed creature lounging on the messy-looking bed, sitting cross-legged and his tail slowly rocking back and forth.

The bizarre-looking thing lifted his hand (paw?) up and greeted Colt in a totally nonchalant way, almost as if there had been nothing wrong with this.

"Yo! Man, you look like crap," the creature chipperly said, it's voice clearly that of a young male. "And I'm not talking about only your hands. Rough night, huh?"

What was even going on here?

What was this creature?

Who was he?

What was he doing in Pyry's room?

And why had Pyry suddenly shoved Colt into this darkened room and locked the door behind him?

... The air felt dangerous.

A fact that was expounded by the sound of something sharp being drawn from its sheath.

"Alright Colt... you ready?"

Pyry's voice was silent, grave, and almost menacing. The taller boy was now standing right behind Colt, those cat-like eyes gleaming in the darkness with an odd sort of light. There was a stern expression on his shadowy face, one that made him almost look threatening. At the same time, Pyry lifted his right hand... revealing he was holding a large hunting knife in it. The blade gleamed in the little light that got into the room, and just one look at it told how sharp the blade was. That was no toy, it was a real knife, and it could cause some real damage. Especially now that Pyry lifted it, almost as if he was about to stab Colt right then and there, and...

... Oh.

Why was Pyry now eyeing Colt's wrists?

"... Don't worry. Just close your eyes," Pyry said, his voice resonating in the room. "I promise, this will take just a minute... and then you won't have to worry about the infection..."

He gripped the knife harder.

New Being Met!

Hisa Momoi

“We can talk about things later, unless you have anything to ask right now. Still, the most important thing is that...if you can, try not to go anywhere alone. After all...if something wanted to attack someone without being noticed, it makes sense that they would pick the lonely targets, right?”
    Ubon nodded in a determined way, grabbing a towel for herself and starting to dry her hair, before moving onto her face. Once she emerged from the fluffy surface of the towel, that determined look was accompanied by a grin that almost screamed she had prepared herself for trouble now... though whether Ubon realized just how big the possible trouble was, that remained to be seen.

"Gotcha! Don't go anywhere alone!" The cyanhead repeated, before putting a finger ponderously to her chin. "Hmm... might not be possible to have someone with me all the times, but I think I can manage that for most of it! Y-Y'know, gotta have some privacy for toilets and stuff."

She stuck her tongue out a bit afterwards and giggled.

“Pyry knows about it too. I think Prushka is also reliable, and…”
    For some reason, Ubon looked at Hisa slightly smugly, almost like she wanted to tease her about something... yet decided not to.

What a weird girl.

“John and Vivienne too, probably. I didn’t have too much time to ask and investigate everyone yet, but...it’s a start.”
    "A'ight! Pyrrie, Prushie, Johnnie and Vivie! And of course you, Hizzie!" Ubon replied, nodding once again. "If I gots to go somewhere where there's no people, I'll try to call one of you! And of course, if I see any of you guys heading out alone, I'll tag along!"

She poked Hisa in the shoudler with her finger, flashing a confident grin.

"And that includes you, Hizzie! No sneaking off on your own, for realsies. You gotta keep yourself safe, too."

“W-well, I know this probably sounds a bit crazy all of a sudden, but I’m not making any of this up, nor any of the things I’ll be telling you about later. As hard as it is...I hope you can believe that at least.”
    Ubon let out a quiet hum as she finished drying herself off. At the same time, she threw a slightly odd look at Hisa - the kind of look that had a lot of meaning behind it, yet which was sort of indecipherable. In other words, a mysterious gaze, though it was adorned by a gentle smile at the same time. Perhaps she found something funny in what Hisa had just said, or perhaps it reminded her of something, but Ubon certainly looked slightly different for just a moment there.

"Mm, it's alright. I've heard lot of crazy things. And that's for realsies. This other side of the world is full of them," the cyanhead replied with a bit more reserved voice. "So yeah, I think I'll believe you! I mean... what reason would you have to lie, right?"

Then, the mysterious look was gone.

Almost as if she had stopped reminiscing.

And it was replaced by a friendly grin.

"Besides, it's more fun to believe what others say, even if it's crazy stuff, right? Much better than doubting everyone!" Ubon proclaimed, before nodding towards the door. "Still, yeah... I bet Prushie's waiting for us, already. Lessgo!"

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Still engrossed in the conversation about local mysterious places, the three girls entered the cafeteria which had certainly seen busier mornings. There were only four people there right now, and half of them had chosen to sit on their own. In other words, Kean Loinnir was wolfing down his hashbrowns in one of the corner tables, whereas Xylia Pheme was just radiating foul mood at the other side of the almost-empty room. The only table where some sort of conversation was going on was the one with Gabi Bahkauv and Subaru Iburi, though this was only thanks to the fact that Subaru was doing her best to keep a dialogue going.

Gabi, on the other hand, looked like he had barely slept a wink and alternated between looking slightly nervous and nodding off, almost falling face-down into his porridge at one point.

Perhaps that was why, after seeing the trio enter the room, Subaru gave an energetic wave to them while wearing a relieved smile.

This was soon accompanied by an excited bark as Tonkori, wagging its tail so hard the whole dog was undulating as a response, ran over to the trio with a big smile on its doggie-dog face. The Akita puppy pitter-pattered over the floor before coming to a precise halt before Alexstrasza, parking her butt down onto the floor and looking up at the blonde student with almost demanding eyes.

What did it want exactly, though?

"Man..." Ramia quietly commented to Cesarina. "... I can't get over how adorable that puppy is. Seriously."

The heiress, on the other hand, was wearing a slightly complicated expression over at the appearance of the cute animal.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

“Ah so you were an idol like I thought! Was that art school in Japan? Your outfit seemed to have a Japanese inspiration to it. Lots of people probably wish they could’ve been in your position or hear some stories of your time there.”
    She laughs.

"That particular art school was actually in Italy, although I was brought into it as an aspiring idol at the time, so they worked with me on the costume-!"

They had just been surprised she was actually able to pull it off-!

...Those were some of the better school memories.

"I was born in Japan, but I've been all over the World... I guess there's a few stories I could tell packed in there along with the idol stuff, but I think most of it is pretty unexciting really..."

She takes a thoughtful bite of her -now dwindling stack- of her french toast, then-

"But if you're ever bored and we have some free time, I guess I could tell you some stories."

-finishes with that, a simple enough declaration, because she had every intention of seeing next Monday.

“Meanwhile, I’ve spent my life wandering the world with the bare minimum. I didn’t think there were many people like me,” I rubbed the back of my neck kind of embarrassedly. “Like I can’t see people getting too interested in hunting down an animal, skinning it, and then eating it. Especially most of the girls who are in our class.”
    "Well, in my case, it was also an interest born of necessity. The presence of money in my life is a fleeting one, sometimes I had it, sometimes I didn't... So I've had to learn how to live all sorts of different lifestyles. Not too fond of it -and not that great at it anymore- but hunting was one of em."

A wink, a nod, and then...

"I don't mind playing rough in life, and struggling to get food with your own hands really makes you appreciate grocery stores, technology really turns life around, you know? Conveniences of the modern day-!"

...A single tap at her own chest.

---Again.

A strange gesture...

Still...

---As far as the conversation at the far table goes, it looks like this is the end of the line for the useful information; while she had gleaned quite a bit of knowledge from John and Prushka yesterday this last bit of the conversation, and talk about lounges, chevron patterns, midgets in red suits, someone that looks like Elizaveta Vyraj, and a host of other things that can only really come across as bizarre, yes...

It certainly reeks of the Turnside, but at the same time...

Unlike the other parts of the dream, she cannot decipher large chunks of it herself...

It simply sounds like the Turnside being the Turnside, vague and obtuse, as the beings that dwell within it do their absolute best to never actually say what they mean... Of course, that's not too surprising, the sense of mystery and possibility was what made the Turnside the Turnside, one's own distortions should be kept inside of themselves, do that long enough, and of course you lose your ability to communicate with others...

---Well, now her mind was just going on a bit of a tangent.

In the end, what it means in terms of herself is simple, even though the appearance of the phrase "hangman's noose" did draw her attention...

But she lacks all the pieces.

So for now, she will simply devote it all to memory...

It's a fountain of clues, so she'll gather them up as she always does and use them when she has more context... She has a few people she can consult on the matter, like Hawthorne, John, or Ciel....

Maybe even Vier, if this all goes well enough, but for now...

She finishes the last of her french toast, downs the rest of her coffee like her waking life depends on it -because it does- and then...

"Ready to go?"

She smiles.

"You wanted to see the library too, right?"

Nothing more to see here...

Or at least...

Nothing she can affect without really getting dragged into the pace of a murder investigation...

Not something she really has time for right now.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"