Page 144 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4494134139142143144145146149154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Overcast

“What you’ve said is definitely helpful, Zane. I really appreciate it. Having some direction life makes it easier on you, you know?”

Lucille feels that it’s unfortunate that the young man is cut off by both Elise and John, but it does not take a genius to realize the latter wants to get to the bulk of the task. Likewise, she’s eager to learn what happened to John Dove, and to get the oh-so-important guide to Road’s End. Of course, it being her, she immediately tries to smooth over, or cover up, any rude implications on their part. They are in a hurry, but there are less… terse ways to go about it.

“It was lovely meeting you. If John’s unwilling, I can always cash in that favor for myself,” she says with a playful laugh. “The two of us should hang out sometime!”

Elaine Winters

"Only your second? What, you on a diet on something, string-bean?"

I leaned against one of the chairs lazily, letting my eyes wander vaguely across the cafeteria, touching once on the lone Xylia lurking on her own, radiating teenage angst and enough fury for at least ten punk rock albums.

"Pretty much feedin' the beast, I'm a regular bleeding heart, you know me, thought we'd grab Miss Congenitality, but she's got a hot date with some fella from town looks like," I shrugged, "Working-Class stiff with the red hair, from the looks of him."

I let my eyes drift on, settling again on the chattering group consisting of some seated members and some who had arrived just before the three of us.

"Thought we'd pow-wow and figure out what to do about the munchkin here," I continued, "I've got a few ideas, but I figured I'd see what you'd like to do, because I know you'd be sad if I left you out of the decision-making."

"Seems like almost everybody slept like garbage last night," I noted, "And I don't think I'm the only one who decided to bring a little friend back home, either."

I let my eyes rest on the individual faces of Alexstrasza, Ramia and Subaru for a moment, frowning.

All I needed was Sakura to show up and I'd have my greatest Pinefall hits, right here in one room.

If only.

"Currently," I murmured, "My workin' plan is that she's a relative, somehow got a cab out here from Seattle lookin for her deadbeat dad, I managed to grab her in a bit of a pickle, and now we're lookin' around to try and find somewhere for her to stay."

I shrugged.

"I don't think the lovechild angle'll work, and I'm not sure how the faculty will handle me taking in strays."

Speaking of, she'd need a name, probably, at least temporarily til we find her real one, probably back at the spooky hospital.

I noticed her attention, for once not raptly focused on food, at least, I hoped it wasn't food, and chuckled to myself.

"Looks like someone wants to make a friend," I mused, tapping a finger against the chair, thoughtfully.

I personally didn't think that any of those types'd raise a stink over something weird like the squirt, who seemed mostly harmless.

But I'd thought that before, didn't I?

I supposed I could wait a bit before digging in.

"Fuck it, I'm going in."

I nudged the girl gently towards the precious pooch, smiling down encouragingly, then gingerly lead the way across the cafeteria to the gathering group.

So much of this could get awkward if anyone remembered anything, so let's just play this naturally.

"G'mornin' everybody, nice to see we all made it through the night, even if a bunch of people are lingering around in bed like a bunch of lazybones."

I smiled and smiled like butter wouldn't melt in my mouth, gently herding the girl with my body.

"Say, Subaru, would you mind if the little miss here could get some pets on your pup there? She's a real sucker for dogs."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)

“It’s not like that, you ladies’ man,” I said as I elbowed Pyry in the side lightly, “You don’t remember her because of what I already explained. Nothing to do with whatever womanizing habits you are implying.”

Wouldn’t that pretty much instantly make sense?

Or is he just trying to be cool and manly in front of Colt? I already figured that whenever guys herd together they have to establish who the manliest man is, but...Aren’t they complicated creatures…

While I was deep in thoughts about the mysteries of guys, the topic changed to the enochian language, and I couldn’t help but burst into a laughter from the weird assumptions.

“N-no, that’s...that’s not actually enochian,” I explained as I finally managed to suppress the giggling, “She is...well, she is ‘denied of tongue’. She likely can’t talk at all, just make those noises. She can write enochian, which is already kind of surprising, because you’d expect her not to be able to write at all either. Still, she can understand english.”

Something that I wish I knew more about, but until I actually learned enochian somehow, it was quite unlikely that I would get too far. Of course, just having her here now was already a giant step forward.

As the topic changed once more, I listened attentively to the story that Pyry, Colt - and Ru - pieced together.

“So...last night, you ditched Sakura, and instead went to take a walk in the woods where you found Gradient and somehow burned your hands...brought them back here, and acted like a proper and responsible person…” I started summarizing things to myself, “and now you realized that you dug yourself even deeper because if Sakura found out she’d likely be furious. Something she’d have a good reason for, even if you didn’t really do anything.”

Eyebrows raised, I stared at Colt with a bewildered expression.

“Not that I’m not extremely glad that you found Gradient, but why did you ditch Sakura? I thought you were on a date last night, and she looked like she was having fun, so...what happened?”

Once again it was hard to figure what exactly was going on in a guy’s mind, but at the same time, it was also quite surprising that they went on a date like that. Colt had nothing to do with Sakura last time, as far as I could remember…which would mean that it happened without much of a connection between the two. Not that it was wrong, but perhaps just meant that the intentions behind it were not all that serious.

“Still, if you want to clear up the confusion...or rather, avoid even getting into it at all, you don’t have to do all that much, you know?”

The bewildered expression stayed, although for a different reason this time.

This time, it was in fact because I couldn’t quite understand why they were trying to come up with such a complicated - and likely just as risky - workaround to the situation.

“We can just bring them here, or to my room, and Sakura won’t even know about it, ever.”

I mimicked something akin to my brain exploding from the huge revelation of ultimate knowledge, then continued.

“Then I can just cook them something in the kitchen, or bring some food from the cafeteria. We need to get something for Ru either way, so it wouldn’t even be extra effort.”

At least a lot less effort than trying to sneak them out of the dorms and to the parking lot, and then drive them to a diner...which in the end still does not solve anything, since the two girls will still be with Colt afterwards, and he’ll still have to do something about them.

“This, of course, if you want to hide it from Sakura, and if she doesn’t already know. Either way, I definitely want to see Gradient.”

My expression changed into something more troubled and worried as I kept observing Colt.

“A-and well, I’d like to talk to you sometime about what happened too. If you’re okay with that. It must be quite the mental burden…”

He remembered too, and he is far not as knowledgeable about the supernatural, and far not as used to such things as others. Still, he had to witness a lot of it, and it ended up claiming his life as well...In a rather painful and violent way at that. He must have been quite shaken up emotionally, and as a completely ordinary person, I’d imagine he was quite helpless too.
    Last edited by Cheetose; July 26th, 2020 at 09:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Visually, my walk down to the library was the same. I didn’t notice anything new. No changes to my memory. The elevator was still broken. The creepy owl theming. I really was appreciating the lack of differences compared to last time. The less surprises I had to deal with the better. Granted, I know that I do want more surprises because that means I’ve managed to learn something new and could use that to my advantage. Especially if somehow, we do end up starting over again.

Case in point, Liana. A surprise to say the least, but she let me listen into Agent Ferguson’s dream and gave me some more additional information. I was expecting her to be more hostile or even secretive compared to Adelaide Cheshire. Granted, that was from the one replacer case I knew previously and what little I knew about Elizaveta Vyraj.

Quote Originally Posted by Nora Norumbega
    "... In 1981, The Man was said to have been sighted outside the old McLampet Estate - a sign of the misfortunes that continued to befall the family. Once again, the old song was brought to life, warning how The Man sought out those who were far from home..."
    Looks like we came at the exact same timing as I did last time. Good to know even with eavesdropping to Agent Ferguson didn’t delay me extensively here. I needed to ensure that I obtained the book that she was reading. Normals shouldn’t keep that book as it can lead them into falling into the Turnside if left freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "Hello~ Are you the guest Mr. Halloway was talking about? "If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could show me how things are sorted around here! Or uh, however this organized mess works, if there's not really a sorting system in place! My name's Liana, Liana Skye, although you can just call me Sky if you want, Sky or Lia~ And this is Vier, Vier Wolff."
    Liana took the initiative to say hello to Nora Norumbega. She was disarmingly aggressive in her extrovertness. I decided to stay quiet and decided to try and save her from falling over and knocking over a bunch of books again.

“Good morning as Lia says, My name is Vier Wolff and we’re here to browse the library here.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Colt Davin & Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “It’s not like that, you ladies’ man. You don’t remember her because of what I already explained. Nothing to do with whatever womanizing habits you are implying.”
    Pyry blushed slightly.

"H-hey, I'm not implying anything! In fact, I implied the exact opposite! It's not like back in the day I had time to go around wooing girls left and right," he complained, awkwardly scratching his cheek. "Still, part of that thing, huh... Now this is just getting more and more confusing. Just how many people the same memories around here, and why are others exempt?"

Ruminating on that strangeness, Pyry fell silent for a moment. Meanwhile Colt started applying the pieces of the artifact within him. The pained hiss caught the boy's attention yes, though before he could say anything or even begin to help, Colt had already proceeded to do as he had been instructed. In that, he showed surprising amount of mental fortitude - something even Pyry had to admit, as was clear from his eyes. Meanwhile Ru was very much trying to focus on what Hisa was saying next, as if the sight of the operation next to him was freaking him out.

And it most likely was.

“N-no, that’s...that’s not actually enochian. She is...well, she is ‘denied of tongue’. She likely can’t talk at all, just make those noises. She can write enochian, which is already kind of surprising, because you’d expect her not to be able to write at all either. Still, she can understand english.”
    Ru blinked in surprise at this explanation.

"Denied of tongue, huh? That's sorta strange. Wonder if it's some sorta geas or something?" He wondered. "Or, or, maybe it's a curse! Y'know, like my thing!"

Pyry nodded, rubbing his chin.

"Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised. Enochian is good when it comes to communicating with those fluffy bastards, but it's not exactly a language for human interactions. There's too much stuff missing, and like most old languages like that, it isn't adapted for modern days," the blonde boy added. "Would make it harder to communicate any sort of modern knowledge that isn't about movements of planets, celestial objects or what-not."

“Still, if you want to clear up the confusion...or rather, avoid even getting into it at all, you don’t have to do all that much, you know? We can just bring them here, or to my room, and Sakura won’t even know about it, ever. Then I can just cook them something in the kitchen, or bring some food from the cafeteria. We need to get something for Ru either way, so it wouldn’t even be extra effort.”
    Both Pyry and Ru stared at Hisa in silence for a good, long moment... before they, in unison, hit their palms with their fists and pointed their index fingers at her afterwards, in the universal sign of: "Hey, that makes much more sense!". It would have been funny to look, if it didn't stem from the fact that neither of them had came up with the idea themselves, having instead immediately gone for the more troublesome one that Colt had come up with.

"Y-yeah, that... that should work, right?" Pyry asked, turning towards Colt. "No need to use the car, and we can still defuse the possible trouble."

Ru nodded, folding his arms.

"Yeah, totally right! Though... Hisa here has a good point," the younger boy said, cocking an eyebrow. "Why did you leave your date?"

Colt may have been about to answer.

He probably was.

But around the time everything was said and all attention was on him once more...

... He no longer saw Pyry's darkened room around him.

Instead, he found himself somewhere else.

Somewhere far away...

It was a northern land.

At the top of the world, right under Polaris.

There was a war about to brew.

As often was in those days, it was a senseless war.

A war over a slight at a wedding.

Of an insulted bride, of a guest not invited, or a scorned suitor...

In the end, there were many who could be found at fault for all this.

But here, so far removed from rest of the world, it was inconsequential.

Especially for a certain man.

His boisterous laugh like the sun.

His wild eyes like fire.

His unruly hair the colour of blood.

With a broadsword strapped to his back, he stepped out to confront the forces that had gathered.

Thousand spears were pointed at him and yet - he laughed.

After all, how could he not?

It was just as his mother had foretold:

"If thou goeth to the grim north -

Into wedding of that harlot -

In there shalt thou call thy doom forth -

Shall thy neck there bloom in scarlet!"

How could he not be satisfied?

Disregarding his mother's advice, he had come here, against all odds.

Even when he had wrangled the Gods themselves to help him, just to spite the owners of this palace.

No, not just them.

Fate itself had conspired against him, tried to frighten him away from this place by foretelling of his death.

And he laughed in destiny's face.

He came here all the same, even if he were to die.

Because he would not be afraid.

Not once had he known fear.

And he never would.

He was a man, larger than life.

A hero that the legends sung of.

He was Gentle Lemminkäinen - Farmind of the Farshore.

The Baldr Who Defeated Death.

And for a moment...

... So was Colt Davin, seeing the world through the eyes of this undying hero.

"Dude... dude? You okay there?"

What eventually awakened Colt from his trance was Pyry, who had walked over to him and shook him by the shoulders. While his vision returned to the dimly lit room, and while he retained the memories of what had been asked of him, so did Colt remember the strange vision of a distant world and history that he had witnessed just now. To the others, it had simply looked like the boy had fallen silent, staring ahead with unseeing eyes for ten seconds or more.

And there, at the hands of Colt...

... The skin had slowly started repairing itself, the burn wounds fading away at a steady, if slow pace.

Vier Wolff & Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "Hello~! Are you the guest Mr. Halloway was talking about? If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could show me how things are sorted around here! Or uh, however this organized mess works, if there's not really a sorting system in place! My name's Liana, Liana Skye, although you can just call me Sky if you want, Sky or Lia~ And this is Vier, Vier Wolff."
    Sometimes, history repeated itself thanks to the actions of others.

"GHYA!?"

Thanks to Liana's energetic greeting, a loud yelp echoed in the library as the suddenly-accosted girl jumped up in surprise, having been sitting on a stack of books and reading an old journal of some sort. She flailed around for a good few seconds, trying to get her balance back, before crashing down in a rather spectacular fashion, making books fly in just about every direction, one almost bonking Liana on the forehead. Vier had been smart enough to avoid the fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Good morning as Lia says, My name is Vier Wolff and we’re here to browse the library here.”
    "Owowowow..."

There, in the pile of books that was now scattered across the floor, sat a person... a young woman to be exact. She seemed to be in the same age group as Vier or Liana, though dressed in an attire just screamed of money. Long hair that was almost midnight blue in color, defined features and sharp eyes gave a picture of a girl who was a strict as a whip... but also quite embarrassed at the moment, having been taken completely off-guard. The girl was rubbing the back of her head. She grimaced, winced a bit at the pain and then staggered back up, dusting off her clothes.

"Ugh... W-what was... Oh!" She started, before realizing the two girls standing right before her. Very matter-of-factly, she coughed into her fist. "A-hem! I apologize. Y-you two took me by surprise and, I, well, was rather deep into that book... didn't realize you were there."

She gave herself a once-over, and after being satisfied that nothing was out of place, she put a hand on her hip and turned that sharp gaze of hers towards the duo. The sharp eyes took in the sight of the two, and immediate realization seemed to dawn in the young woman - perhaps due to seeing two high school age people out here.

Still... now that she was standing up, it was rather easy to notice that she was a pretty tall young woman, nearly 190cm.

"But, what was that? Ah, yes, the library? I suppose I am rather used to it by now... though I don't know aboot being able to assist with making sense of it. The way these books are arranged is still quite the mystery to me," she said, flashing a curt smirk. "Though I have realized it just might have something to do with the year they've been printed... or the year they've been added here. I'm still not certain."

Then, with some force, she stuck her hand out, first towards Liana, though she was clearly planning on shaking Vier's hand as well.

"Anyways, I apologize for late introductions," she spoke. "Nora Norumbega, a student at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Nice to meet you, Vier, Liana. I suppose you two are the new students of Pinefall I've heard so much aboot?"

Elise Pelltier, Lucille Faraday & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “I am on my way out, so I would rather not turn this into an endless tirade of me rejecting your offer as unnecessary and you insisting on an expression of gratitude. I have a whole school year ahead of me in this town, so I am sure the chance for that soda will come out sooner or later.”
    Zane nodded, though a hint of an amused smile slipped through his usual expression.

"Alright. You make a good point," he said with a slight chuckle. "I'll leave you three to your things and bother you some other time."

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "- Ah, actually, we probably should get moving. There's not a lot of time to head out into town and back again before class. It was nice meeting you, Zane! Thanks for the advice!"
    The redheaded boy blinked in a momentary surprise, but seemed to accept this quick change of the topic quite easily. Of course, it was not as if he was here to act as a tour guide for the students, and the three of them were in a hurry. Thus, instead of going back to what he was saying, he simply shrugged his shoulders and nodded again, this time towards the brunette girl.

"Likewise. There's not much to see around here, but I guess that's the point. Isolated town for isolated students and all that," the boy said. "Have fun you lot, I suppose."

Lastly, it was Lucille who said her goodbyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “It was lovely meeting you. If John’s unwilling, I can always cash in that favor for myself. The two of us should hang out sometime!”
    "O-oh, uh... right."

Apparently completely caught unawares by this sudden suggestion, Zane flushed slightly red on his cheeks and turned his gaze away, all the while scratching his cheek awkwardly. While the young man had had no problems with talking to the two girls before, suddenly he seemed little awkward about Lucille's presence, even taking a slight step backwards without noticing it.

"I... guess I don't mind hanging out," Zane finally replied. "Just tell me beforehand when so I can... uh, prepare or something."

With that, he quickly walked away from the scene, leaving just a wave of his hand as a goodbye. The redhead headed towards the dorm's entrance, apparently planning on waiting there.

And thus, for the trio of John, Elise and Lucille, it was time to head out to town.

In a slightly awkward atmosphere, perhaps...

Alexstrasza Lockhart & Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Hello once again Sir Tonkori. I do assure you that yes, a mighty creature such as yourself is still most deserving of some of the foodstuffs that will inevitably make their way across my plate. You need not fear starvation in this modern era, gentle one."
    As if in a response to Alexstrasza's extended hand, Tonkori extended her paw and placed it on top of the girl's hand - almost like a royal deigning to praise their knight who had arrived with good news. In addition to showing that there really were some unexpected smarts to this dog, Alexstrasza was also treated to a yet another revelation... namely to the fact that Tonkori's paws, and especially the paw-pads, were soft.

Very soft.

Unbelievably soft.

It was truly amazing thing to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Cesarina. Do you have some prior antagonism with Tonkori? While he may be an extension of Subaru, does that not make him his own existence separate from her? And I am sure whatever differences the two of you have, they can easily be worked out through conversation!"
    Cesarina grimaced a bit - an expression that made Ramia chuckle in how honest it was. Then, after a moment of gathering her words, the heiress answered.

"Um, first of all... Zaza, Tonkori is a girl. Just so you know," Cesarina started, before putting hands on her hips and heaving a little sigh. "As for our relationship, well... I have nothing against the dog - far from it. Yet the relationship between me and her master is a cold one, so of course that extends to us as well. It is not as if you could be friends with the servant of your worst enemy, right? In other words, as hard as it may be thanks to that cute face, I am afraid I cannot---"
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "G'mornin' everybody, nice to see we all made it through the night, even if a bunch of people are lingering around in bed like a bunch of lazybones."
    It was at that moment that a new voice entered the conversation, cutting into Cesarina's little spiel. As it turned out, Elaine Winters had also arrived to the cafeteria... and she had some others with her. While Kean and Hwan had remained at Kean's table to discuss something (while throwing occasional glances their way), one person had decided to approach with Elaine.

A person none of them had really seen before - a tiny girl with Asian features, probably somewhere around the age of 10 or 11.

A girl who was both hiding shyly behind Elaine's leg, and staring at Tonkori with a face of wonderment and awe on her face.

"Yo, Winters! G'morning!" Ramia cheerfully greeted the girl, lifting her hand. "Out and about early with... Huh. That's a strange sorta luggage you got there."

Cesarina, who was slightly surprised (positively though) that someone else had approached them, nodded with a smile.

"Ah, yes, buongiorno! Thank you again for yesterday's performance, Miss Elaine," the greenhead said in a chipper tone. "It was quite something!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Say, Subaru, would you mind if the little miss here could get some pets on your pup there? She's a real sucker for dogs."
    Subaru, who had been watching the happenings from a bit farther away, looked momentarily surprised as she was addressed, but then rose from the table and hurried over to the group. Her hair seemed to be even more exploded than usual this morning, most likely thanks to some amazing bedhair. In fact, it was quite the thing to behold as it wobbled around when the girl walked.

"O-oh? Y-yes, that is quite alright! Tonkori is a good, gentle girl and I am sure she would be most grateful for some petting," Subaru answered. "In fact, if you are not careful, she might think you as an easy target and come for you later to beg some more petting and even scraps of food, aha."

Peeking around Elaine's leg, Subaru was surprised to see the tiny girl who was clearly feeling a bit overwhelmed at the amount of people. Still, the sight made a gentle smile appear on Subaru's face, and the tiny priestess bowed her head in a momentary greeting, before looking at Elaine again.

"Though, if you do not mind me asking, who is the lovely young lady here? I do not think she is part of our class, no?" the shrine maiden asked. "Are you perhaps her caretaker?"

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

The last of the sliver was pushed in. A grimace and a grunt of pain sent it off, and it disappeared beneath Colt’s skin. Hisa, Pyry and Ru all said things. Colt heard them. He wanted to say something back. It was important to answer that question. He was here to avoid misunderstandings, and here one was brewing in front of him, but what else was in front of him…

Was a wall of spears. Under a far away, foreign sky. Grey clouds floated over a land Colt had never known, never stepped foot on. Yet he was there regardless. As someone else. Seeing it as someone else once had.

Whoever Colt was seeing this world through had something surpassing confidence. He did not overcome fear, no, he did not even know fear at all. He laughed at fate, at death. He laughed at a thousand spears pointed at him.

But why was Colt Davin seeing such a thing? He thought to look at his hands, but the hands those eyes saw were not the burnt hands of a whelp. They were the hands of a hero.

He stepped forward to face that army.

Something gripped his shoulders.

“Dude…”

And the world he knew as Colt Davin returned with a shake.

“… dude? You okay there?”

Colt blinked rapidly. That was different. When he saw things, he saw them as himself.

He glanced down at his hands. Right before his eyes he saw the burns fade. Healing as though time itself had sped up… or perhaps, reversed.

“I’m… yeah, I just. Digging those things into my hands, y’know.” Colt pried his eyes away from his hands. “Hurt a lot. Kinda spaced out there… you guys were asking about Sakura, right? Uh… Wait, hey! I didn’t ditch her!”

Colt gave an indignant ‘hmph.’ Seeing things after shoving little shards of Pyry into his hands could come later. Maybe when it was just him and Pyry, since it felt a bit personal. Or like a private matter. Either way it wasn’t as important as the allegations against him.

“I gave Sakura a ride back to the dorms and made sure she got to her room. Bless her heart, between the party and the drinks she was plum exhausted.” It was clear that the phrasing Hisa had chosen wasn’t sitting well with him. “She wanted to sleep. I don’t think it’s ditching your date to get her home after a long day.”

Having responded to what bothered him most, Colt moved onto the other points.

“Hisa, you make it sound so easy, but y’know I figured that if you remembered, maybe you’d have said something at some point. I thought about asking yesterday, but,” Colt gaze Pyry a look. “Wouldn’t be very cool to intrude when you two are having such a good time together.”

It wasn’t exactly subtle that the two had… something between the two of them. At least, if they were trying to be subtle, they blew that one with how they stuck together like glue for the entire beach party.

“So as I see it, I know a few people around here I trust. I have no proof either of you remember squat, but I gotta ask for help. Now, Hisa, use that explosive brainpower of yours to imagine me showing up at your door first thing in the morning asking you to help me because I have two girls you don’t know in my room.”

Colt left out the thing he really wanted to say, that how quickly she’d assumed that he’d up and ‘ditched’ Sakura was proof of how quick everyone was to jump to assumptions about things like this.

“That… and this place is dangerous. I was thinking after breakfast I’d get Tris and Gradient a room at that hotel in town while I tried to figure out a long-term solution. So tell me, who has the car. You, or Pyry?” He sighed, noticing the tone he’d taken. “Okay, sorry, I got a bit too defensive there. I’m just getting a bit worn out. All of this is, y’know, a lot.”

He glanced back at his hands.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

---Her words cause a bit of a minor catastrophe.

The sight of a young woman flailing around in surprise at her call, scattering books in a somewhat explosive fashion -so much so that she finds herself twisting out of the way of one out of reflex- is not a response that Liana Skye had expected, nor one she had been informed about in a certain conversation with a certain Ms. Wolff, and thus...

"..."

Her reaction is completely sincere, a momentary pause of disbelief, followed by a slight feeling of regret at having inadvertently caused her pain, and alongside that, and perhaps shamefully so...

---Oh my god.

The sudden decision that such a sight had been adorably clumsy, it was cute in that klutzy fashion, like a surprised cat that accidentally falls off of the bed, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Guest
    "Ugh... W-what was... Oh!" She started, before realizing the two girls standing right before her. Very matter-of-factly, she coughed into her fist. "A-hem! I apologize. Y-you two took me by surprise and, I, well, was rather deep into that book... didn't realize you were there."
    Cute.

This one is definitely cute...

The little cough into the hand in an attempt to save face really just clinched that aspect of it...

Surprisingly tall too...

"Ah, no, it's fine! The one who should be apologizing is me really, I wasn't trying to scare you."

---And thus, Liana Skye calms down a bit.

Or rather, she tones down that overly energetic self just a little, so as to avoid any future catastrophes from her unrestrained energy...

Energy that is admittedly, at times, rather difficult to maintain...

In some ways it's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute One
    "But, what was that? Ah, yes, the library? I suppose I am rather used to it by now... though I don't know aboot being able to assist with making sense of it. The way these books are arranged is still quite the mystery to me," she said, flashing a curt smirk. "Though I have realized it just might have something to do with the year they've been printed... or the year they've been added here. I'm still not certain."
    "Ah? So there is a method to the madness? Excellent. A good mystery is always fun to figure out."

When Nora extends her hand for a handshake, she responds in kind; a firm grasp, neither too soft or painfully tight, followed with a smile in response to the smirk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nora
    "Anyways, I apologize for late introductions," she spoke. "Nora Norumbega, a student at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Nice to meet you, Vier, Liana. I suppose you two are the new students of Pinefall I've heard so much about?"
    "Yeah, just got in a few days ago."

She pulls her hand back when it's time.

"Wanted a job to make some spending money, and heard there was a library here at the hotel, so I figured I'd check it out, kill two birds with one stone, you know?" Hands going up to her waist now, the girl that is suddenly on something closer to her best behavior lets out a chuckle, "It's always my policy to read up on the places I'm going to be living in, and heard a few decent stories yesterday, so thought I'd do some digging around myself on the local myths."

A pause, then:

"But a University Student all the way out here, huh? Are you working on your thesis?"

Genuine curiosity...
    Last edited by Airen; July 25th, 2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Hisa Momoi

I couldn’t help but chuckle again, as inappropriate it was considering the atmosphere and the tone of Colt’s words.

“Now really, dangerous?” I blurted out as I tried to stifle the laughter, “And figure out a long term solution? It’s already thursday and they might be a key to preventing that from happening, Colt. You can’t just go and hide them in some hotel room in the town which is, by the way, not a single bit safer than here.”

Finally, I managed to regain my composure, and after a long, deep sigh I continued on a more serious note.

“Listen, I understand how confusing and scary this situation is, especially for you. I also know that it’s hard to find people you trust and even harder to approach them about this situation, but...it’s the same the other way around, you know. I was going to ask you sooner or later, but…”

I scratched the back of my head, then nodded towards Pyry;

“He doesn’t even remember, and I had to fill him in. And I only just mentioned a small part of what happened still...so it’s not that easy. At the same time, I can’t just make a conference with all the people and ask who remembers and who doesn’t.”

Not like I really wanted to have anything to do with quite a few people, anyways.

“Still, it doesn’t even really matter. In the end you did show up at Pyry’s door, and now we’re here, so...I guess that’s one problem solved.”

This time, I nodded towards the door.

“Either way, let’s check up on those two, then there is still time to think about an exact plan.”

Last edited by Cheetose; July 26th, 2020 at 09:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin & Hisa Momoi

“Either way, let’s check up on those two, then there is still time to think about an exact plan.”
    Pyry nodded.

"Alrighty, let's get going then. I think we all got plenty to do this morning, right?" the blonde athlete started... before turning to look towards Ru with a concerned expression. "How about you? Don't take this the wrong way man, but we can't exactly walk around with you looking like that."

Ru chuckled and shook his head, clearly understanding where the other boy was coming from.

"No worries! I'll just stay here a bit longer. By the time you get back, I should have my disguise ready - one that's good enough to walk around the school with without drawing too much attention," the cat-like boy answered. "Though, uh... guess I'll still need one of you with me, otherwise everyone just thinks I'm some sorta weirdo who sneaked into a school dormitory. That wouldn't be fun..."

Pyry laughed at that, and flashed a thumbs up to Ru.

"Yeah, no problems - I'll come get you, unless others wanna come with," he said, then turned back to others. "Well... shall we go then?"

And went they did.

Of course, the journey from Pyry's room to Colt's wasn't that long.

In fact, it took almost no time at all.

Just a few minutes later, and the three of them were standing in front of Colt's door as he was unlocking it, and when he did...

... What was revealed from behind the door was a completely normal teenage boy's room.

With some... oddities thrown in.

First of all, there was the fact that there were two girls on Colt's bed, currently engrossed with playing Old Maid (and the blonde one seemed to be loosing badly, considering she was sweating bullets, as opposed to the other's smug expression) and chatting one-sidedly. Then there was the fact that the bed was a mess, almost as if there had been a scuffle of some sort on it not too long ago. Third, there were... clothes... strewn about on the floor. Girl's clothes. Including a blue skirt, thigh high socks, some more fantastical things and... underwear. And last, but definitely not least, there was the ridiculously huge sword that had been propped up against the corner like it had been a baseball bat and nothing worth even noticing. Pyry's eyes were immediately drawn to the sword and he stared at it slack-jawed, muttering something that sounded a lot like: "What the hell can even lift that!?"

But, all those pieces of strangeness aside, there were other things in need of dire attention.

First and foremost:

"....? Muuuuuuuuu!!!"

A familiar form of a pink-haired girl, this time dressed in rather outlandish, almost science fiction movie-like clothing, shot out of the bed and made a beeline straight towards Hisa. Before the girl could even prepare, she had been caught in a tight hug, with the shorter girl burying her face into Hisa's chest and rubbing against her, almost like an puppy that went beyond excited after seeing her owner. At the same time those surprisingly strong arms squeezed the air out of Hisa, the happiness of their reunion causing the perpetrator to forget her own strength for a moment.

Gradient, of course.

Gradient who was beyond joy thanks to seeing her other friend once more.

And as for the other girl who was in the room.

"Oh, Colt! Thou wereth truly moving with godspeed!" The blonde girl greeted the lot of them from the bed. "Still... while I art an omnivore of highest degree, even I wouldst have troubleth eating other human beings."

She rubbed her chin thoughtfully while looking over Pyry and Hisa.

"Art thou sureth they were the only breakfast available?"

Ah yes...

... This must have been the other girl Colt was talking about.

New Person Met!

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart & Elaine Winters

W-what a fearsome skill Tonkori has... Aaah.. I don't know if I can take this.

Tonkori is truly a good dog. Possibly the best.

"Um, first of all... Zaza, Tonkori is a girl. Just so you know, as for our relationship, well... I have nothing against the dog - far from it. Yet the relationship between me and her master is a cold one, so of course that extends to us as well. It is not as if you could be friends with the servant of your worst enemy, right? In other words, as hard as it may be thanks to that cute face, I am afraid I cannot---"
    I disagreed on principle with Cesarina, but was distracted by--

Oh.

Standing before me is a person who I died in front of. My blood splattered below her feet. It is a pity, but there is not much she could have done to help. I am, after all, a rather arrogant person. And, I suppose, a bit naive. But that does not mean that such a person like Elaine Winters, a girl who smells like a dog, is all that bad. After all, are we not cut from the same cloth? We are, after all, both things that go bump in the night.

"Capital performance that night, Elaine," I said, giving the girl a small thumbs up. "I would hope you cleaned up after yourself, though? It isn't good to leave anything out to rot!"

"O-oh? Y-yes, that is quite alright! Tonkori is a good, gentle girl and I am sure she would be most grateful for some petting. In fact, if you are not careful, she might think you as an easy target and come for you later to beg some more petting and even scraps of food, aha."
    I nodded, with a small smile. Subaru was, naturally, correct. She clearly understood her pet better then I did. However, much like I manage to believe in the best of Benito, I can believe in the best of Tonkori. I doubt the dog thinks of me as an 'easy target'. For one, that would require me to care about the things being targetted.

A mutual understanding, yes. That is what Tonkori and I have. I reached out to pet the dog on her tiny head, as she had pat me on mine.

"Do you, perhaps," I said with utmost seriousness as I continued to stare at Tonkori, "Have a sister, Elaine?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Ahaha…” Colt forced himself to laugh at Tris’ joke. It was a joke, right? “Tris, this is Pyry and Hisa. Pyry, Hisa, this is Tris. She bailed me out last night when I was about to get turned to swiss cheese.”

Colt directed Pyry toward Gradient, who was now taking Hisa in a large hug.

“And you might be able to guess this is Gradient.”

He laughed again, a little less forced this time.

“Man, just a few minutes away and you two really made yourselves at home…” Colt did his best not to look at the mess. Not because he disliked his room being a mess. The boy didn’t care that much. He just wanted to imagine there wasn’t girl’s underwear on his floor while Pyry and Hisa were visiting. “Anyway, Tris, change of plans. Sorta.”

Like a car salesman showing off the best ride in the lot, Colt stepped aside and spread his arms to show off Pyry and Hisa.

“With these two, we can probably just go to the cafeteria without looking too weird! Or if we decide against that, Hisa has offered to cook!”

Hisa Momoi

Stepping into Colt’s room, I barely even had time to look around, and I was already assailed by Gradient. As happy as I was to see her, getting suffocated this early wasn’t exactly desired - but at the same time, I couldn’t really resist. Wrapping one arm around her, and patting her head with the other, I turned to look at the new mysterious girl.

“We are indeed not breakfast,” I stared with slight puzzlement, “Not even sure how you came to that conclusion, but I sure hope that you do not actually eat people, omnivore or not.”

Perhaps she is just an idiot, but I should not jump to conclusions.

“As Colt said, we’re here to assist. I...would say that going down to the cafeteria is not really a good idea, especially if you’re planning on bringing that sword. The two of you are strangers here, so it would likely draw unwanted attention. But I would be more than happy to cook you something, and then we could perhaps continue the discussion someplace less crowded, like the kitchen, even.”

I tried to keep my eyes up and on Tris, or even Gradient, but at the same time, it was hard to ignore the rest of the room.

“Talk about why you are here, what you have to do with Gradient,” I said as I gestured towards the girl hugging me, as she probably did not know her by that name, “If you remember these events happening already as well, and…”

My gaze jumped on the messy bed. Then the skirt on the floor. Then on Colt. Then the panties on the floor. Then on Colt. Then it lingered on the two girls, very much hoping that they were not Gradient’s - then back on Colt once more.

“And most importantly, where you are planning on staying, because you aren’t allowed to be in Colt’s room. I would much rather prefer having her stay in my room, but I’m okay with having you there as well.”

All the while, my unblinking stare was on Colt, almost as if boring a hole into his forehead.

“She might just be taken advantage of otherwise, seeing this mess after just one night. Besides, Colt is supposed to be developing his budding relationship with Sakura, so this is quite unethical and disgusting.

Last edited by Cheetose; July 26th, 2020 at 09:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin & Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Tris, this is Pyry and Hisa. Pyry, Hisa, this is Tris. She bailed me out last night when I was about to get turned to swiss cheese.”
    “We are indeed not breakfast. Not even sure how you came to that conclusion, but I sure hope that you do not actually eat people, omnivore or not.”
    "O-oh! Aha, ahahahahaha~!"

Tris let out a sheepish laugh and scratched the back of her head, rocking back and forth on the bed while sitting in a cross-legged stance. She had looked genuinely surprised for a moment there, but now had made a recovery thanks to realizing that she had been mistaken. Though... the fact that she had been mistaken about something like that was a bit disturbing.

"O-oh, apologies, my fair lady! 'Tis just a mistake of mine!" The girl called Tris answered. "A-after all, Colt here ventured forth to procure some foodstuffs for us, and when he cameth back with thee, I just... aha... ahahaha... t-that was rudeth of me..."

Pyry couldn't help but to cock his eyebrow a little and sneak a glance at Hisa, almost as if asking if this girl was serious.

Still, as if moving on from this mistake like a charging rhino in a china-shop, the girl jumped up from the bed and did a deep bow before the group.

"I art Ser Tristellia Sem Zoirvit - a Knight of Symzonia, at thy service, my fair lady!" the girl introduced herself formally, managing to have some chivalric feel to her words. "'Tis a pleasure to meet thee both!"

“As Colt said, we’re here to assist. I...would say that going down to the cafeteria is not really a good idea, especially if you’re planning on bringing that sword. The two of you are strangers here, so it would likely draw unwanted attention. But I would be more than happy to cook you something, and then we could perhaps continue the discussion someplace less crowded, like the kitchen, even.”
    That made Tris clasp her hands together in delighted surprise.

"Oh! How generous of thee! Thou art truly a wonderful maiden, taking timeth of thou'st day to cook for a pair of vagabonds liketh us!" Tris responded, smiling from ear to ear. "Truly this beautiful boy did the right thingeth when he decideth to ask for thy assistance!"

Pyry folded his arms and frowned a bit at the blonde girl.

"Laying it a little thick there, buddy..." He grumbled under his breath.

Meanwhile, Gradient had finally eased up her bear hug of Hisa a bit. Instead, she was leaning into the hand that kept petting her, letting out an odd-sort of purring sound that they had heard once before. She was truly like a domesticated animal, who looked happy that her owners had once again returned. She even beamed a smile at Pyry, clearly remembering the boy, and before the might of that sunny smile even the blonde athlete couldn't keep that frown on his face. Instead, he grinned back at the girl and gave her a little wave as a greeting.

“Talk about why you are here, what you have to do with Gradient. If you remember these events happening already as well, and… And most importantly, where you are planning on staying, because you aren’t allowed to be in Colt’s room. I would much rather prefer having her stay in my room, but I’m okay with having you there as well. She might just be taken advantage of otherwise, seeing this mess after just one night. Besides, Colt is supposed to be developing his budding relationship with Sakura, so this is quite unethical and disgusting."
    Tris blinked owlishly.

"Hmh? Hmh hmh? Events happening already? What mayeth thou referst to, my fair lady? I art knowledgeable in many things, yet I must admitteth that thou havest me confused... t-though, there art some questions I art capable of answering!" Tris exclaimed, putting hands on her hips. "First of all, I haveth naught to do with Sister Muu over hereth! Naught whatsoever! I merely happenedst upon Colt and her last night, as they were about to doeth battle with a handsome-yet-vile blackguard! I steppeth in to defend a fair gentleman's honor, and after that, he gaveth me a room to sleep! That art all!"

She flashed a powerful thumbs up afterwards.

"And if thou art worrieth of mine lodgings, fear not, my fair lady!" Tris added. "Once I foundeth my partner, we haveth a perfectly fine cardboard box in town where we have madeth our garrison!"

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

She does not comment on the moment the two share. It is something intimate, that only the two of them are privy to -- Prushka preferring to convey her personal history mentally rather than recount it to Vivienne gives the latter the impression that no words too loud should be said about it, in case there are some untrustworthy eavesdroppers. With the stories Vivienne had heard from both residents and other students, and well, from personal experience, she knew that it was best not to take privacy for granted.

After the silence however, Prushka resumes with more words, and this time, she asks a question, and even, a favor from Vivienne. Though it may be unknown to Prushka, Vivienne Bianchi was no stranger to people asking her to do things. After all, when one loses most of their agency, what else are they but a tool for others to use?

Vivienne visibly pauses to think about Prushka's suggestion, before shaking her head... was this a 'no'?

"It would be best if we don't... use 'that' person for now... but I can along come and see... if I can get onto the second floor?"

'That' person would most likely refer to the persona that emerged when Vivienne donned her mask at Owl's Nest. It would appear that while Vivienne was not offering to serve as a flying aide for Prushka, she had at least presented the possibility of coming along as an assistant of sorts.

"... do you really want to do all that... for a 'cat?' Who else knows...?"

Getting more people to come could be useful... there is safety and strength in numbers after all.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"W-well, he's not really a cat... and only Caleb knows so far, but, um... I can't really ask him for any favours right now. He's probably super mad at me. And I can't really let it be, cus, um..."

Prushka holds her hands up, next to her head, draws her fingers together, conjuring in Vivienne's imagination a vision...

"It's like that, y'see... and a tail, too... and they're super floofy..."

She lowers her hands, blushing slightly.

"And, um, even if the wings are a no-no... thanks, Vivi. I don't know what kinda person he is, but... just having someone nearby in case things go bad is a huge relief. I'll make it up to you, promise."

Then the girl blinks, as if just realizing something.

"Oh, you didn't have any plans already, did you? If I'm interrupting anything, then it's fine to prioritize your own stuff! Don't let anyone push you around, Vivi! I'll make do somehow on my own if I have to! It's not like I'm defenseless or anything, so don't worry about that!"

It seems like, with her reason for being here dying down, Prushka is ending off the talk by asking if Vivienne has any favours of her own to request.
    Last edited by Bloble; July 25th, 2020 at 05:57 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

A very strange image indeed, but then that did not look very different from what Vivienne herself had just see at the lighthouse... were these two related? Somehow, Vivienne found another motivation to go investigate this case with Prushka. A little tilt of the head may have hinted at her slight confusion as Prushka described the 'cat', but the little one had barely finished describing the person they were supposedly coming to the 'aid' of when the cogs inside Vivienne's heads started turning. There was some association that could be made between the encounter Prushka had and the one Vivienne had... was this even maybe linked to the King of Currumpaw in a way? Who knew, there was only one way to find out.

"I had... nothing planned for this morning... but uh... if you want to make it up for me... I will keep that in mind eventually..."

Vivienne pondered dragging Prushka into the investigation that she was going to help Alex with but... perhaps for a start, it was best that she began with small steps -- at least that is how Vivienne felt on that matter. Keeping that 'favour' for later sounded smart enough, for now.

"... I will tell you... when I need a favour from you..."

Something that Prushka could look forwards to...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Alright, thanks a bunch, Vivi!"

I stand and wave goodbye at the stoic girl.

My heart doesn't feel much lighter... but it's comforting, at least, to have someone who's willing to hear me out. An ally.

A friend.

"I'll talk to you in a bit, then! And remember, you need anything, let me know. We're in this together!"

With that, I push open the door to her room and take a deep breath...

Now, are those two done yet? Might as well check Hisa's room again, make sure Ubon's butt is okay...

And make sure that weirdo that broke into my room hasn't been creeping around...

???

Having knocked on Hisa’s door once more, Prushka was welcomed by complete silence at first. Of course, the door and the walls would have blocked most sounds, but even if she listened very closely, she could not hear anything at all.

Something that likely meant that the two girls from earlier have probably already finished their shower and went on their business to have breakfast or do whatever else.

But then…

She could hear a faint thud, followed by footsteps that became just a bit louder as someone was obviously approaching the door - only so that any kind of sound would immediately die right after. Perhaps whoever was in there was listening, or trying to figure out who was standing outside, but before the small girl could think too much about it, the door opened, and…

“...What is it…?”

She was welcomed by a coarse, breathy sound, and the sight of a figure dressed mostly in black, wearing metallic gloves and a weird mask - something that was likely responsible for the somewhat unnatural voice.

New Person Met!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

I was only gone for a minute, so those two probably won't be done...

As I think that, I approach the room, and something begins to feel wrong. There's no noise. I can't hear the sound of running water anymore.

But that's fine. It was probably just a quick shower. They might've finished fast, without any unnecessary butt-groping. Someone's coming to answer the door already...

The door opens. Behind it, is...

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    “...What is it…?”
    "Ah-!"

My breath catches in my throat. My heart stops. Who? Who is this? Why isn't Hisa here? Could it be-?

Behind that door, are two girls lying there, un-moving? While I was gone, did this strange masked person break in? Was I too late?

"You..."

After glancing to the left and right to make sure there are no others watching in the dorms, I suddenly step forward and wedge my foot into the door to stop it from being slammed shut.

"Where's Hisa? And who the heck are you?"

My voice lowers as my hand clenches into a fist, and I hiss under my breath, blood pumping through my veins as my heart roars back to life.

"If you've touched a single hair on her head..."
    Last edited by Bloble; July 25th, 2020 at 07:08 PM.

???

“Then...what, little girl? Are you going to punch me?”

The mysterious person with the hoarse voice seemed to find Prushka’s behaviour amusing, so much that they burst into a laughter - even if it could just barely be called a a laugh.

It was something that much more resembled a weird mix of laughing and coughing, all muffled by the mask they were wearing. There was also another sound - or rather, mixture of sounds - that accompanied this phenomenon. Namely, a distant, muffled sound of a fire roaring, screams, and the cawing of crows.

But as the laughing stopped, so did the bizarre and creepy sound.

“Hisa is...with Pyry.”

It seemed that was about as much explanation the masked being was going to offer. For now, its gaze shifted to the small and fragile feet blocking the door.

“Why...are you here...again?”